Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]

compose a reply
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 14, 2024 19:13:22 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Isn't Autumn the prettiest season?
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord

ROUND INFORMATION

Group C - SECTION ONE: COMPLETE
SECTION TWO: ROTATION 1/5
Rotation Period Ends: 7:30 PM CST 17/3/2024

With the group having finished the nearly lethal encounter with the group of bandit brothers who left Takato in a severe state of injury the group was left to their own devices to regroup at the caravan. Shosuke and Fuu quickly moving to get Takato healed up as his injuries had been rather severe in degree and likely would have resulted in the death of the man if not for the quick actions of the group's surgeon. The pain of Takato's shoulder only barely less of a throb thanks to the emotional support supplied by Fuu during the locationally shoddy surgery. As the emergency care ended the group would reboard the caravan and the travel to the end of the desert would move almost completely unimpeded outside of lost time.

The caravan had only taken a few more hours to properly reach the border of Kaze no Kuni where the caravan promptly stopped to reconfigure their vehicles to go from sandskid to wagons with proper wheels. An option that they stated would take roughly the full day following after the night's rest - giving the group a good amount of free time to do what they needed to to recoup, or in Takato's case set up for the future encounters by draining himself far more readily to prepare his allies in lieu of his injury. The caravan finishing its preparations as the group moved into the day after their full day of changing out the travel apparati of the individual caravans.

JinJin would approach the group with the same practiced cheer that she had before, "We should be good to start moving! It took a moment to get the travel horses here from the outpost, we ended up veering about five miles south of the route we originally intended. This route is known to be a bit... calmer outside of weather, so don't worry too much. Travel should be steady as long as we keep everyone safe and traded out til the next caravan outpost in about twenty miles."

The woman would inform the group on the state of things, implying there would be no more long delays - though maybe that was just to make up for a lost arm. JinJin had made not so subtle glances at the wound in the day prior and while her poker face was strong she did obviously seem worried, if for selfish motivations.

As everyone reached a position, the caravan would begin to pull.
Toffee has written 247 posts
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 16, 2024 18:04:26 GMT -5
Fuu Kazama
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Fuu Kazama Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday April 26th rank C-rank Nuke-nin occupation Tanjo Member
So we're on the road to Yuki no Kuni...I miss Miruko

As time went on Fuu would keep her eyes on Takato wanting to make sure that his recovery went somewhat well sticking by him until he let go of her hand and continuing to ask Shosuke for whatever updates he was willing to provide it was in her nature to care for her teammates, especially after having suffered something so traumatic. Having only been a member of the Tanjo for 5 years she witnessed a good deal of members come and go and pass on and while it never got any easier she still never grew that thicker skin to make seeing and dealing with grave injuries a bit more easier.

As such she would ask Shosuke if he could stay with Takato to make sure he was alright while she carried up the front with Michizane this would give her time to pester him about his breath taking abilities and ask him all of the questions she couldn't ask Shosuke during the delicate surgical procedure, he didn't seem to be in the know about just why Fuu was on the mission so he felt that she could at least be calm around him but still would mind her words none the less.

"That was a brave thing you did back there, we could've used someone with your abilities in my organization." the girl would wonder trying to figure out more about their titanic ability. "Mind telling me what that was? I've never seen anything like that, you can control nature!" the girl would say ecstatically if the others were here they'd be equally as curious about his abilities and had more than enough for everyone.

276 WORDS ● @open ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 85 posts
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 17, 2024 5:52:57 GMT -5
Kisei Takatō
Our world is made of choices.
Kisei Takatō Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday july 9 rank sp. jounin occupation anbu ops

Takato slept poorly.

When he woke the bags under his eyes were even heavier than the day prior, if that were possible; he looked like he’d been hit by a train, but for all his visible exhaustion he still carried himself with a quiet, steady dedication. He gave out the tags he’d prepared to the rest of the team, softly explaining how to use each of them before helping to prepare the caravan as best as he was able.

For JinJin’s sake, if nothing else, Taka had scrounged up a cloak from his belongings. They were traveling into cooler territory, and the cloak served to hide the bloodied stump of his shoulder well; if she stopped looking, then perhaps she would stop worrying about their chances of success.

The pain was constant, carefully toeing the line between awful and unbearable. He had not endured worse… but he could endure. See the mission through, at least; Ichi had trusted him with this, and he wouldn’t let his brother down.

"Senju-san is right,” Taka said to the team as they got ready to depart for the next leg of their journey. "... to an extent. Kazama-san’s efforts against the brothers were critical in ensuring that the caravan wasn’t capsized as soon as we passed the ruins. This injury is a small price to pay for that. Focus on defense, but that means ensuring the caravan keeps moving.

He paused, exhaling slowly as he found his words; resisting the urge to rub the sleeplessness from his eyes.

"Thanks to Yamamoto-san, I will still be able to assist. Please… allow me to. I appreciate your care, all of you—but the objective is still the most important thing, here. Focus on that, and on each other.”

He’d always struggled with words, but he hoped he could at least get his point across: that he could still fight if he had to, and that he didn’t want them worrying about him if another incident cropped up. He couldn’t expect them to pretend he wasn’t injured—that was as foolish as it was unreasonable—but he hoped, at minimum, that they could trust him to take care of himself should more danger come to pass.

LAIKA OF THQ

tactician has written 103 posts
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 17, 2024 7:29:54 GMT -5
Senju Michizane
A prayer comes from the heart.
Senju Michizane Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday May 15th rank Chūnin occupation Interception Team Member
"In protecting oneself, others are protected; In protecting others, oneself is protected."
- the blessed one
TAG - , , ,

NOTES No more sand, just sandals.
Time passed, the caravan kept moving right along. As they traveled he thought long and hard on his own actions, and more importantly to him, on his own emotions. "Now's not the time for anger."

A directive to himself, the young Senju's eyes closing as he inhaled and exhaled. Michizane had never been the type to hold grudges very long, and considering the importance of their assignment, he let his feelings of rage towards the bandits fade even faster. If he was unbalanced and they happened upon the brothers again... it could spell disaster for the team. "Breathe, Michi." He thought. "Let go."

Desert became flat land as they neared the border of Kaze no Kuni, and they all took the opportunity to rest up. Michizane, true to form, would assist the merchants where necessary before finding a secluded spot to meditate. "There's no telling what may lie ahead." The words echoed in his mind, as he crossed his legs on the ground.

He took the time to clear his mind and re-evaluate before resting up, and as the night passed, he dreamed of the great worm. Towering over them all. Of the blood on the sand and Takatō's limb shorn from his body. Of the desert rogues and their own retreat. In the morning he rose with a feeling of regret at not putting forth more effort, and of guilt at feeling like he could've done something more.

But it was too late to change anything... so he kept vigilant as the caravan re-outfitted itself and was a bit surprised as Kazama approached. "Thanks, Kazama, but..." His gaze drifted over to where Takatō stood. "Wasn't brave enough." A light frown graced his features— unusual for one who smiled so much. It lasted only a second though as she mentioned an organization. "Part of some kinda group?" The Senju would ask in return, then smile a bit nervously as she lauded his abilities. "Oh— that's just my Mokuton that I mentioned before we headed out. A Senju specialty." His answer was as candid as could be, but again a flicker of sadness shone in his eyes. "For all the good it did us..." Talk of controlling nature snapped him out of it, and he shook his head modestly, his smile returning at half-effort. "I wouldn't say I, or anyone else controls nature. She's too mighty for that. I just..." He paused, trying to think of a way to describe it. "Ask her for help, sometimes." At least, that was how he viewed it.

Michizane had been blessed with these abilities, either by something divine or through sheer, random chance. And as confident as he often was, even he didn't have ego enough to claim dominion over nature. "How about your own abilities? Never seen anythin' like what you did back there." Stretchy arms and a goo-like transformation were definitely new ones. If she had more questions, he'd answer. But as the merchants finished their preparations, he glanced at the girl and nodded towards their leader so they could meet up and plan. He placed his hands in his pockets and listened carefully as Takatō briefed them, taking in his words with a focused nod.

Hearing him praise Kazama's actions made him smile, and he shot the girl a brief glance. "Good job, Kazama." He added, turning to give an encouraging nod towards Shosuke as well. If it wasn't for his own Mokuton, he'd likely be worm food by now. Which brought another question to mind... but he'd save that one until after the discussion. "You're the boss, Takatō." He would say in deference, wholly sincere even as his smile lessened. He glanced towards the man's cloak where his arm used to be. Prioritizing materials over his comrades' well being did not sit well with him... but such was their assignment. Once they broke, he would saunter over to the Kumo-nin, nodding towards him in greeting. "Yo, Shosuke." He said, an eyebrow raising as a grin slowly began to form on his face. "Don't mean to pry, but I didn't know I had any relatives along for this gig. Or in Kumo, either." If the young medical-nin had been expecting suspicion— he would find none in Michizane. Instead, he was a bit ecstatic at the prospect of a distant relative. If he wasn't too busy beating himself up about the injury, he might've even hugged the guy. "Any case, you saved my skin back there." The young Senju nodded towards Shosuke, then smiled. "Thanks, man."

Once they were done, he resumed his place near the front of the caravan. No more sandskidding meant they were traveling the old fashioned way, which was less exciting but still fine by him. Like before, he would take up position and follow along as they headed out. Counting on Shosuke's blindsense as well as their own collective vigilance to keep appraised of any incoming threats.
MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Karla]
Yenga has written 30 posts
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 17, 2024 16:43:22 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
"Its just one thing after another..."
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 17/05 rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 1
Fortunately, it seemed like Takato was going to have no issues pulling through - Despite the amount of blood lost with the severed army, it seemed he was able to remain conscious and cogniscent, with Shosuke able to provide medical relief to the man.

By the time that he was done, the wound was fully cauterized and his eye had been fully repaired. There was little else he could do for the man at this point, and whilst he would spend most of his time in the man's company, the moment he fell to sleep Shosuke stepped away from his cart for a few moments.

Taking this time to go throughout the rest of the caravan, Shosuke checked in with every other member of their caravan, ensuring that there were no wounds that had gone untreated. They had done a good job of protecting the caravan for the most part, but considering the amount of explosions that had triggered near them it was entirely possible that someone had gotten some shrapnel or even just some metal splinters that needed to be excised before infection set in.

Throughout all this treatment, Sho attempted to ensure that he used as little chakra as possible. He didn't want to come off as selfish or stingy, but he had used quite a lot of energy in that last fight and if they were going to face anything of similar magnitude he knew that he was going to be expected to be just as willing to pitch in, perhaps doubly so considering the crippling of their superior officer.

Still, time passed as it always did, and soon enough they were preparing for their next leg of the journey. As they did, Michizune approached him, finally crossing the bridge that was their relationship. It was a good thing that his face was still entirely clothed in fabric or else Michi might be able to read into his expression to get a little understanding. As it was, Sho managed to cloak himself somewhat well, keeping his tone calm and normal.

"I mean, we're not, uh, I'm not..." he paused, looking for the way to phrase this, mulling it over on his tongue. He might have kept up some form of deception, if things hadn't already turned so dire with Takato. He couldn't risk any miscommunication or drama within the team, so the best option was to be honest.

"I cannot guarantee we are, in fact, cousins. See, I was born with Mokuton as you saw back there, much like Lord Ichi from Kusagakure. But whilst Lord Ichi developed it genetically sans any Senju blood, my own heritage is... well, difficult to tell.

My dad's not been in the picture and my mom's never told me about him. She came back pregnant from a Chuunin Exam in Konoha nearly 20 years ago, so its just kinda assumed that he was a Senju, like yourself.

If that's the case, we could be cousins, or even brothers, OR we could have such a distant blood relation that we might as well be total strangers. I tried to speak to the old Senju elder about it when I was younger but he was..."

There was a pause for a moment as he tried to find a polite way of framing it. "... not cooperative."

Even still, he nodded respectfully as the man thanked him for saving his skin, maintaining a humble and simple body language. "No problem - You saved my life as well, if you recall. At this point, we've all got to carry our own weight, Captain Takato can't carry it for us anymore. If you need any more help, or see someone who needs medical attention, feel free to ask."
619 words | @open

Jutsus Used: None
Gesicht has written 434 posts
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 20, 2024 5:34:23 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord

ROUND INFORMATION

SECTION TWO: ROTATION 2/5
Rotation Period Ends: 5:30 AM CST 23/3/2024

-- A land of rivers and crossings --

The group situating in to talk out their analysis of before, breif or not while creating a more personable group was perhaps the best move they could have made given the situation they were presented. A somewhat moderate to fast pace was set as the shinobi were set out with the caravan in their charge. The landscape of River Country was similar to Nohara for those that had been, though with a few notable differences. The biggest of which was that the land was regularly split by small rivers, most having some kind of bridge which the road used to cross, some small while others took nearly a full minute for the carts to cross the passways of wood and stone that made the passages.

As the day winded by the group would have more time to chat and deliberate action, but their good fortune of weather seemed to be running a bit thin as they moved through one of the stormier nations. The clouds above were becoming a misty grey-blue and the scent of water on the air came with the wind like a gentle chill. As the group moved north the winter of the world was sure to kick in at least to some degree and the nip that came with rain was clear. It would mean less visibility of travel and scouting for the group, as that was now very much an option for those who wished such caution for their charge. A heavy pour almost certainly promised though as the sky continued to darken.
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 23, 2024 3:54:59 GMT -5
Kisei Takatō
Kisei Takatō Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

They broke, the caravan was set, and they took off on the next leg of their journey. As they crossed into River Country the climate grew more temperate, the heat and sun less oppressive the farther north and east they traveled, and as the hours ticked by and the air grew more comfortable Taka rebundled his sun-shielding layers, focusing less on sun protection and more on trapping his own body heat for warmth. He kept his ruined arm carefully shrouded, mostly to keep JinJin’s worried eyes from lingering for too long.

Stormclouds grew fat with rainwater, and before long their visibility was heavily reduced. Taka wove a handseal to produce a shadow clone—but when none came, his brow furrowed in consternation, and he glanced down only to remember that he could not form a seal with only one hand. A heavy sigh ghosted from his lips.

"Senju-san,” he called, pitching his voice louder to make himself heard over the drumming of rain and wheels and hooves. "Would you be willing to send a clone out to scout?” Their agreement to stay close to the caravan lingered in the back of his mind, but he disliked his limited line of sight, and his own inability to compensate for it.

Taka was drenched, but he maintained his position high at the back of the caravan, doing his utmost to compartmentalize the constant heavy ache of pain in his shoulder and focus on their surroundings. There was little else he could do but watch and wait.

LAIKA OF THQ

Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 23, 2024 11:05:08 GMT -5
Senju Michizane
Senju Michizane Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday May 15th rank Chūnin occupation Interception Team Member
"In protecting oneself, others are protected; In protecting others, oneself is protected."
- the blessed one
TAG - , , ,

As the Kumo-nin provided a bit more information about his background, the young Senju looked on with growing interest.

Not cousins for a guarantee— but possibly. "Close enough for me." Michizane replied with a smile. Apparently, there was another who possessed Mokuton, the Lord of Kusagakure. "These two..." A thought as he stared at Shosuke. "They are blessed." Truly.

Many Shinobi Clans treated their Kekkei Genkai like prized treasures, and in the grander scheme of relations between Hidden Villages they essentially were. Michi knew many Senju who would be appalled by not one, but two other villages harboring their abilities. His own father included. "A perspective devoid of foresight." He thought, continuing to listen to the medical-nin's personal tale. A comment about them potentially being brothers made his eyes widen. "Hahaha!~" A laugh, then a shake of his head. Some welcome levity in the face of what they'd just gone through. "My old man's too much of a grouch for that to be the case." Senju Kiyotomo was a shrewd, often petty man. But stepping out on his wife would require a degree of charisma the man simply wasn't capable of. "Elders..." The young man repeated at the end of Shosuke's story, letting a sigh escape his lips. Unchanging ancients with too narrow a focus. "So much age, so little wisdom."

To him, it was a sad thing. If he ever lived that long, he would strive to be different. Though his path would more than likely lead away from family affairs, not towards them. "Back at ya." Michi said to his offer of help, smile still holding. "And listen— no matter what those geezers say, you're alright in my book." The young Senju would reach a hand out to clasp the Kumo-nin on a shoulder. "If you want, I can ask my cousin Kazuto about it. He's got pull." An offer, one of his eyebrows raising as he continued on. This seemed an intensely personal matter, so he wouldn't press if Shosuke wasn't sure about it. "Maybe get you a sit down? Or see if we can pore over some old records?" Either way, he would part from the Kumo-nin and take position. The prospect of potential family was exciting in itself. Shosuke being a good guy just made it all the better.

Before long, they were underway again. "Comin' right up!" He would say in response to Takatō's request, running through the same series of Tora → Inu → Mi hand seals required for his Moku Bunshin no Jutsu. Like before, a mass of darkened, ridged oak sprouted from his shoulders. Only this time it morphed into a single bunshin of himself, before snapping off and joining him as he moved alongside the front of the caravan. "You heard the man." The clone would nod, then dart ahead of the train to begin scouting. A short, simple mental message was transmitted and the young Senju nodded. "He'll relay back anything he finds." Now that they were moving, his smile was gone. Replaced by an expression of intense focus. They'd already been dealt a significant blow due to Takatō's injuries. "We can't let anything like that happen again."

He was committed, his disappointment in his own abilities only serving to temper his focus for the second half of the journey. They couldn't save Takatō's arm or eye... but they could stop others from befalling a similar fate. They had to.

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Moku Bunshin no Jutsu [Wood Clone Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Mokuton
HANDSEALS: 3
DECRIPTION:
A clone that is created by altering the user's own cells with chakra to create vegetation. Possessing more endurance than the normal shadow clones. the doppelgangers are more resilient to damage. The clones have the ability to travel far distances from the user and are able to communicate with the original albeit the can only pass reconnaissance or simple messages with more complex thoughts and strategies depriving them from their full combat potential. The clones can be as simple in function as a wooden dummy for use in the Body Replacement Technique.

This makes this technique extremely convenient and a perfect clone technique that only the most powerful and fully developed dōjutsu will able to see through. By directly touching the wood clone with their hand, the user can absorb the information it gathered or change the shape of the clone. Because clone is made up of the user's own cells.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

菩提心 | BODAI-SHIN - E.C.R.
Blessed with a great font of chakra, Michizane views this as a sign of his Aspiration For Enlightenment. Warm, bountiful, and steady, his vast reserves of this precious resource make him able to utilize many jutsu back-to-back without tiring. Allowing him to overwhelm lesser foes with sheer quantity of techniques alone.

木遁 | MOKUTON - KKG
Luck, to Michizane, may be a sign of divine interference. So by virtue of him being born into the Senju Clan he was granted their Kekkei Genkai by the heavens. Combining his Doton and Suiton chakra natures allows him to create life itself in the form of Mokuton. He uses it to great effect to summon up chakra-enhanced trees, shrubbery, and craft intricate wooden constructs to combat foes. All of the wood created by his Mokuton is dark brown in color and has ridged bark like that of a black oak tree.

行力 | GYŌ-RIKI - ENHANCED STRENGTH
The Power of Practice is not to be undervalued. Many years of intensive training has solidified his body and tempered his very spirit, turning Michizane's body into a weapon of its own. Allowing him to not only lift objects several times his body weight but also strike much harder than those of his rank. Bone, stone, and even metal gives way underneath the force of his physical blows.
MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Karla]
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 23, 2024 16:22:57 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Though it was hard to see through the full-face mask he was wearing, Shosuke let a rather genuine smile spread across his face at the other's reaction.

The entire reason he had used the cousin ruse in the first place had been to avoid confrontations or any accusations of having "stolen" the Senju Kekkai Genkai - Had he known that the other would be this reasonable about it, he probably wouldn't have even bothered with the ruse in the first place. Now, however, he was glad he did - For a life where one had to kill people on a nigh-daily basis, it was strange just how many genuinely kind people were in this line of work.

Even so, as Michi laughed about how unwise his old man was despite his age, Shosuke chimed in good naturedly but couldn't quite bring himself to agree. Sure, there were some rough and tumble members of the Yamamoto clan, but their elder. the leader? He was a wise old sage indeed, were he of a more religious bent the man could very easily form a cult around himself. As it was, however, he was just a great mentor and a good example for the rest of the clan to do their best and to help as many people as they could. It wasn't just their passion, it was their duty and obligation.

At the actual offer of assistance though, Sho had to find himself pausing. It had been an uncertainty for so long, something that he'd wondered about but not let affect his day-to-day life, that the prospect of actually getting an answer one way or another felt... wrong, somehow?

Sure, when he was younger, he had wished that he had been able to meet his dad, to know just what had happened, why they had never received support, why he had abandoned them, if he had even known they existed after the Chuunin Exams. But now, as a fully grown man, or so close to one that the difference was essentially splitting hairs? All the good that a father figure would actually do was probably already passed, he was his own man now.

Besides, they had gotten on well enough without his presence. His mother had done enough, and thanks to the generosity of their adopted clan they had never struggled to have three meals a day and ensure a good education. Good enough for him to be a fully fledged, licensed Doctor. He had saved lives, he had taken them, and all without the need for any such figure.

Still, though, would he have become a scholar if he wasn't at least a little curious as a person?

"... Maybe." was the most that Michi was able to drag out of him for now, as he instead turned back to the captain.

As he requested for a clone to be sent ahead, Shosuke once again reached out with his sensory abilities, checking the local area for any tremors or anything that would make things difficult going forward. Had he more chakra, he might have considered adding one of his own to Michi's in order to ensure they had as much coverage as possible, but with one of their members already direly injured and another one being clearly inexperienced in the way of shinobi warfare, he would have to focus on playing the role of a Doctor.

561 words | @open

Jutsus Used: None
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 23, 2024 17:21:31 GMT -5
Fuu Kazama
Fuu Kazama Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday April 26th rank C-rank Nuke-nin occupation Tanjo Member

Fuu kept forward and focused on the task at hand but took that Takato seemed to be a little bit self conscious in the back by himself she noticed how he attempted to try and a handseal but realized he couldn't do so without two hands, earlier the two had conversed and she offered him a copy of a small booklet she carried with her called the path finders guide to combat. She'd step over towards him.

"Did that I book I offer you help out any?" the girl would say as she saw that he wasn't using it but did seem to try and get it to work. "I had trouble with it too, I don't really think its for me if I'm being honest...I was more of a fisticuffs kinda girl I can do them quickly but one hand seal it just never really clicked."

After a moment she'd look out at the others. "If I'm being honest, I don't think I'm as up to snuff as these two those guys are really strong." the girl would wonder. "But if I can do anything at least I can help you like you did all of us!" she'd say smiling to him. "I've lost a lot of buddies in the Tanjo seeing a lot of people come and go I'd rather not lose anymore good people, so stick with me I got ya!"

She'd watch their clones go forward and would craft one of her own. "Head forward with the other clone, and let us know if you hear anything."

261 WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 25, 2024 17:13:02 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

ROUND INFORMATION

SECTION TWO: ROTATION 3/5
Rotation Period Ends: 5:30 PM CST 28/3/2024

-- Land of Crossings and Rivers --

The storm only continued to grow deeper as the group continued over the bridges and roads. The dirt becoming a sludgy mess slowly, but surely. Given the weather stopping was likely just as bad an option as pushing through, and Jinjin seemed to be in no mood to stop them when they only had so much further to go to the town ahead where they could at least switch horses. The group being able to scout ahead would prevent them from running into a lot of potential breaks in the road, and in one case a hidden nose dive into the water that would have easily ruined a cart or two at the lead before they could stop.

Takato from his post would see nothing of note that struck him as unordinary, perhaps getting a break overall from the world as the group travelled down the road a good ways. The one who was likely suffering the worst, if one could call it that, was Shosuke. The sheer number of constant new ripples of vibration in his range of sense titanic and likely hell to truly dechiper if he wanted to, but retracting his senses would not hurt him too badly.

The group would continue their way until the two who had sent clones ran across likely the first major roadblock since entering the nation of Kawa no Kuni. A massive low bridge which seemed to skim through the river. Wsually the current of the massive rapid that was the moving stream of water would've either passed just below or just barely above the stone structure, but it was clearly flooded over. This was not any of their land, it was not like they could decide to wall the bridge - how would they handle the dangerous looking flux then?
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 27, 2024 2:34:40 GMT -5
Kisei Takatō
Kisei Takatō Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

The journey since switching to the horses had thankfully been uneventful; though Taka strove to stay alert, even he was not immune to the trance-like rhythm of raindrops and hoofbeats, and over time he found himself lulled into an uneasy, aching kind of meditative state.

Until he saw the crossing. Or, more accurately, the river that swept unrelenting over the crossing.

"I see,” Taka murmured, masterfully masking his dismay. He looked to the left and right, as if a solution would magically reveal itself; alas, none came. Taka had a reasonable degree of confidence in his ability to maneuver around or against a physical combatant; battling against this kind of force of nature was beyond his ken.

It would take unacceptably long to wait for the deluge to die down and the river to subside; it seemed equally unlikely that there was a secondary crossing that was not drowned in the nearby vicinity, and any other true crossing would likewise take them wildly off-route.

He hopped off his perch and slipped up to JinJin’s side; she seemed more familiar with the territory than the rest of them, so he hoped that she had run into this particular problem at some point before.

"JinJin,” he said, "how would you normally approach this?” A question that he hoped, perhaps in vain, would come across as deferring to her expertise instead of confessing he was out of his depth.

It seemed too much to ask that either Michizane’s or Shosuke’s impressive Wood-style feats would be able to suffice as their solution to this particular dilemma; Taka asked regardless.

"Senju-san, Yamamoto-san,” he called to the others, "I don’t suppose either of you have the kind of long-range Wood-style that might be able to make a bridge?”

In lieu of that, his mind was churning, thinking of other possibilities: makeshift rafts, perhaps, or securing the carriages with rope to keep them from drifting away and simply churning through the water. Ninjutsu barriers to temporarily block the flow of water? Would he be able to simply carry the horses to safety to keep them from snapping their fragile legs, then manually cart the rest of the goods across?

He felt very suddenly that his skillset was much, much too narrow; something he vowed to remedy, should he ever be able to form a handseal on his own again.

LAIKA OF THQ
last edit by Kisei Takatō on Mar 27, 2024 2:36:01 GMT -5
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 28, 2024 1:51:01 GMT -5
Senju Michizane
Senju Michizane Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
- the blessed one
TAG - , , ,

A calm— ironic perhaps, in the midst of a growing storm.

The same cloak that kept his body protected against the desert sun was now sopping and weighing him down. His bun went limp due to the rain, so he slipped the hair tie holding it in place back over his right wrist, allowing his dark locks to fall to his shoulders.

Fortunately, the group hadn't run into any more hostiles as of yet. But with visibility on the decline and the caravan's steady pace towards its objective, they remained a rather large target for any potential ambush waiting in the wings. "Stay vigilant, but don't fret."

Michizane thought to himself, his clone still busy with its scouting and reporting back nothing of note. "What will come, will come." A big help was the group's morale, which seemed to be steady despite the critical hit it'd taken just the day before. Shosuke, he hoped, had some of his worries eased by their conversation, and Kazama was perhaps more chipper than even he was. The young Senju still felt guilt about Takatō's wounds... but he had enough sense to not allow it to overwhelm at present. "Later, for grief." He told himself.

Once they were well away from potential danger. Eventually the group came to a crossing, a bridge by the looks of it... though it was hard to tell as it was underwater. "Guess things'd be too easy, otherwise, huh?" Michi thought aloud, one half of his face bunching up in annoyance. He raised a hand to scratch the back of his head as he tried to think. "How in the heavens are we supposed to cross this..." If only he had a better mastery of his Mokuton, then maybe he could conjure something up to help. But as things stood...

"Sorry, chief." He replied to the Kusa-nin, turning to reveal a look of genuine remorse on his face. "No Hashi no Jutsu up my sleeve." Michizane tried racking his brain... but he was no strategist! He looked to Shosuke, half-expectantly but anticipating a similar answer. The Kumo-nin seemed to have more of a grasp on his wooden abilities... but could he make something like a gigantic bridge happen? "Kazuto'd be able to." He thought.

If they managed to get back in one piece... he was gonna seriously need to step up his training. Since he was all but useless for this problem, he turned towards his clone that they'd since caught up with and gestured for it to start patrolling behind them. If he couldn't summon up a solution here, he could at least keep watch.

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:
N/A

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

菩提心 | BODAI-SHIN - E.C.R.
Blessed with a great font of chakra, Michizane views this as a sign of his Aspiration For Enlightenment. Warm, bountiful, and steady, his vast reserves of this precious resource make him able to utilize many jutsu back-to-back without tiring. Allowing him to overwhelm lesser foes with sheer quantity of techniques alone.

木遁 | MOKUTON - KKG
Luck, to Michizane, may be a sign of divine interference. So by virtue of him being born into the Senju Clan he was granted their Kekkei Genkai by the heavens. Combining his Doton and Suiton chakra natures allows him to create life itself in the form of Mokuton. He uses it to great effect to summon up chakra-enhanced trees, shrubbery, and craft intricate wooden constructs to combat foes. All of the wood created by his Mokuton is dark brown in color and has ridged bark like that of a black oak tree.

行力 | GYŌ-RIKI - ENHANCED STRENGTH
The Power of Practice is not to be undervalued. Many years of intensive training has solidified his body and tempered his very spirit, turning Michizane's body into a weapon of its own. Allowing him to not only lift objects several times his body weight but also strike much harder than those of his rank. Bone, stone, and even metal gives way underneath the force of his physical blows.
MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Karla]
last edit by Senju Michizane on Mar 29, 2024 4:36:47 GMT -5
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 29, 2024 6:30:39 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Indeed, one might have expected Shosuke to be in a great deal of pain from sensory overload as they wandered through the area, being able to feel every fish swimming in the nearby rivers and every drop of rain as it thudded on the ground, like forming ripples in a puddle. Yet, the truth of the matter was, he was somewhat used to it.

From the first days he had gained these abilities, he had spent much of his time in the very heart of Kumogakure, locked up within a hospital room. A hospital room where people came and went constantly, patients being admitted and released, doctors coming in and out for their shifts, not to mention the city beyond. After he had been released, he had wandered far afield, crossing the major road networks of various nations in order to attend to his various business in towns and cities across the world.

In comparison, this was basically nothing.

Even still, his senses served little use with the scouts moving on ahead. Nothing came at them from the sides, all of the problems lay straight ahead and thus were able to be noticed before anything went wrong. It felt a little embarrassing to be honest - Objectively, he had already contributed more than enough to the caravan by healing those who needed it and taking care of their Acting Captain. Even still, being unable to help in this case was really getting under Shosuke's skin, forced to sit back and wait all because he'd blown his chakra on those idiots in the desert.

Finally, however, they came to a river, and the group were forced to look at the swelling banks, the bridge having been entirely overtaken. In this moment, Shosuke felt a twinge of guilt, having chosen to develop and flesh out his suiton nature rather than his doton. With earth release, he would have had no problem creating a bridge between these two. As it was, he racked his brain for a moment, trying to think of what he could use in this instance.

Finally, like a bolt from the blue, it hit him. As he did, he found himself laughing to himself, cackling like a mad witch as he realised which jutsu would fit this situation. After he had been so good at trying to save up his chakra...

"Oh for gods sake...." he murmured, before he turned to Michizane. "I've got this. But this is probably going to wipe me out, so if I collapse, please make sure I don't hit anything on my way down."

Moving to stand up, Shosuke walked to the edge of the river, before his hands began to formed into seven consecutive signs, ending with Dog, Ram, and finally Snake.

"MOKUTON: RENCHUKA NO JUTSU!"

From the moment he formed the final handsign, enormous vines of wood began to spear out of the ground, seeming not dissimilar to the giant worm back in the desert. Rapidly, the vines formed into what appeared to be buildings, buildings which Takato might notice looked exactly like the new district in Hirata Village. One by one, they formed a flat, gently slanted rooftop across the river, allowing for the transit of the caravan to continue unabated, the roofs just jutting over the waterline.

This was perhaps the most ridiculous use of chakra that Shosuke had ever done, but if it worked it worked.

562 words | @open

Jutsus Used
NAME: Mokuton: Renchūka no Jutsu [Wood Release: Serial Pillar Houses Technique]*
CHAKRA USAGE: Very High
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu/Kekkei Genkai
ELEMENT: Mokuton [Wood Release]
HANDSEALS: 7
DECRIPTION:
This technique is a larger scaled version of the Wood Release: Four-Pillar House Technique where, instead of creating a single house, the user creates multiple houses at once after forming the 'dog,' 'ram,' and 'snake' seals. Because of the sheer volume of structures created with this technique, it appears to exhaust the user rather quickly as it requires a great deal of chakra. A row of up to eight houses may be created in a single use.
Forging from the Ground Up [Group C]Mar 30, 2024 12:37:56 GMT -5
Fuu Kazama
Fuu Kazama Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

With the team now having made their way forward they'd find themselves stuck between some water and a hard place, the others were trying to figure out how to get across the clearing, Fuu would look over it and thought for a second. "Hey, I think I have an idea I can use one of my techniques too." but just before she could say anything it would seem that Shosuke had a considerably more feesable idea of simply creating a a series of vines that looked like an entire series of buildings.

"H-how are they doing that!?" she'd think as she watched them do so. "W-well if this works I guess we can just cross right...?" she'd look to Takato, and would stand in front of him. "Is it safe enough to cross." she'd wonder wanting to make sure that he was secure as they made their way across.

She'd never seen anything like this but figured she could trust it the water would rush and she'd do her part to keep things moving and not everyone up. And would wait for the others to cross before moving along with Takato, she noticed Shosuke seemed Tired and would try to keep an eye on him should he tucker himself out by too much whilst they were on the move, her shadow clone managing to stop and survive and moving towards Shosuke. "I've got you if you need it." she'd say standing beside him. "C'mon guys!"

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style