The Need For Swinging Speed

compose a reply
The Need For Swinging SpeedMar 29, 2024 11:23:11 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
So that was it's name was it? Jaakugan. She looks upon him as he motions with its hefty weight. She observes him in stride and sees their shade, that brilliant crimson. However, in those moments, he talked about how he was handicapping himself. How it was that she seemed to heavily rely on Wind Release. In which case, she took the liberty to give a surprise of her own. "It's my weakest element." Taking the liberty to gaze upon him, she then shifts her weight and looks upon liberally. "And while I have no pride in my sword skills...I do wield one." This training was about done.

He was quite expressive with his body movements. As he wags a finger dismissively towards her, she found herself interested in his ability. "No need to apologize. I understand." She says, before looking towards the burning and smoldering flames. "You did quite well. To dodge all of those attacks and to only have burned clothes. I'm impressed. You're the first to ever dodge every single one of my Futon jutsu without so much of a scratch." That said, she shifts to look at the Uemori up close. It was a disgusting and vulgar looking blade to some degree, especially when she thought of how much blood it must have absorbed over the decades.

"I'm sorry if I couldn't quite entertain or challenge you. My skills are subpar afterall, considering I'm just a gutter rat from Kiri's orphanages. Though. Considering the heat. I suppose I can say it did make you at least, break a sweat." She joked.
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Mar 29, 2024 11:24:13 GMT -5
dandead10 has written 634 posts
The Need For Swinging SpeedMar 29, 2024 11:56:45 GMT -5
masshiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
"Interesting."

What he said wasn't condescending at all, but a slow drawn out word, actually curious if that were true. It was amusing because in truth fire was his weakest element as well, yet he had used it twice in flashy fashion. 

"Fire is not my natural element much like wind isn't yours then. My affinity leans towards water."

He seemed to be immediately amused by her admission, as if he appreciated that fact, amused by it even. Now she had him even more interested, and if he wasn't likely to be on the receiving end, he'd want to see more of what she could do. A smile that hadn't been there since he first walked up to her had reappeared.

"You remind me a lot of my little cousin."

Though the way she spoke reminded him far more of someone else he was less fond of remembering given the setting. She had torn his clothes with water, not fire, and she had given him the large scar across his face with the very weapon he was wielding in a spar. Some ridiculous attempt at teaching him to stay on his toes; funny given this was supposed to be training his reflexes. The whole damn bit of it cyclical, obnoxiously so.

"I didn't, but I'll take the compliment all the same. I admit I panicked earlier and-"

Stopping, he reached up, sighing relieved

"-damn near burnt off my own eyebrows. And I certainly didn't dodge all your attacks. I had to think my way through most of them. Quite strong attacks for what you claim to be your weakest element, especially the big one, and that last one, well without the right circumstance I'd have been on my backside. If you were using say, lightning or earth style, I wouldn't have been able to counter them the same, if at all."

He could see her eyes moving towards his weapon, and immediately moved forward, holding it out as if showing it to her. It was a mean looking weapon, one not used for practice, not used for parrying nor basic sword skill, but for ripping, tearing, and killing. Even as he moved closer to show it to her, he made a point not to move it too close, knowing full well the damage it could do even by accident if it were to cut her.

"You certainly entertained and challenged. I would say if you went all out you'd force my hand into using my Genjutsu. Something I certainly didn't and don't want to resort to in a sparring situation."

Sprinkles has written 142 posts