The Great Debate [I]

fallen blades
The Great Debate [I]Oct 22, 2016 16:33:29 GMT -5
Sega
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Sega Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
The War was over. The promised recovery was on its way. Supposedly. Critical villagers, ordinary citizens and shinobi alike, flooded the village square in hopes of seeing something unprecedented about to take place. Announcements were spread for weeks now by the revolutionary leaders that 'democracy in action' would be for all to see. Even supporters of the ousted Kounen regime followed on, curious as to what the hubbub was all about. There were whispers among the elderly that even the Daiymo himself would be in attendance! This was all that was needed to turn up turnout in the Village Square. The village elite filled the front as the rest of Iwagakure's citizens rolled in with the evening.

The clock struck 8:00 PM and the hall's doors were shut. Regular shinobi remained in sight, ANBU Operatives were in the shadows, making sure that all went according to schedule and plan. A young man, yuppie in appearance, wearing rather modern clothing stepped onto the stage before the audience. He could have been no older than in his mid-twenties. Those familiar with his face gasped, and other simply wondered what was the big deal. He wasn't the Daimyo, but one of his potential successors. His father had commanded he moderate the debate. It was a small task to see if he was fit for taking his role in the future.

"Greetings people of Iwagakure! Thank you very much for being here. My name is Kuumoto Tashiro, crown prince of Tsuchi no Kuni and I welcome you all to the first ever Tsuchikage Debate. This has been constructed by the Royal Family in tandem with the council of Iwagakure for you, the people of Iwagakure. On behalf of the council, I will ask you to remain quiet as the Tsuchikage candidates step onto the stage!"

With that said, he awaited their Kuumoto stepped aside as lights shifted toward the podiums. The debate was about to commence.

has written 514 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 22, 2016 17:24:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
we don't take pictures, when you're rich you just see it again
Akira had been here for a while. He had been here for hours before civilians started arriving and had been talking to a few of the other Shinobi around. Aside from integral security standing around: they were waiting for the big three. The big cheeses.

Akira was energetic, political and annoyed. People were leaving him. People that Akira had trusted. The first man, Tanetsu Toshu thrust a new future upon Akira and then left him to his own devices after promising so much. He had promised Akira. After that, Mugen then explained to him that weaponizing Akira was too much for him as he thought Akira not mature enough: a child. Or something like that.

Mugen was the next person. A man tasked of taking care of Akira, meeting him once and tearing off his mask- to be a tutelage. A guardian. That was the last time Akira saw Mugen; and had heard nothing since.

All people at the highest chain of command. An ANBU Captain. Iwagakure's brightest spark and Giant: Both let Akira down. There was something better Akira could do.

Akira was in the crowd and at the front, and he would be watching intently for these three Kage candidates. The Queen of Demolition, a formerly retired war vet, and another who Akira couldn't remember. Akira knew about them as far as he could read, but there was so much missing orally. They were all great Shinobi... but Akira would be the judge of that. 

All they needed to do was arrive. 
LAIKA OF GAGNAM STYLE
has written 0 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 24, 2016 17:26:41 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Time passed. And the longer they waited, the more people were getting angst. It wouldn't take much longer: then people began talking. Where were they?

Late. That's what they were. Akira was getting angry and irritated in his own seat, fidgeting around the longer it took for them. All three of them. Late. The people they were entrusting with the potential fate of Iwagakure no Sato was being left in the hands of these sorts of people. Was there a place being attacked? Was there some sort of great urgency or reason as to why they weren't here? Perhaps there was reason... but you would've thought otherwise. 

It make Akira's heart go fast, not because of rage or anger, but because of his mind playing with him. If that wasn't it, he was being watched. Akira could feel it. Where sometimes the Bijuu within him would lazily do his own thing, it was paying attention. With his heart pounding, Akira stood out of his seat. 

Some of the people weren't overtly paying attention to him. Even the ANBU situated at the sides of the stages weren't all too bothered. Then Akira went forward: being front row. It wasn't that hard.

Then Akira climbed himself onto the stage, Akira placed his hands up passively - and turned himself around to stare up at all of the people. Taking a deep breath, his voice broke a little bit. "H-hey!" he made a very curt wave and a bow, before coughing and clearing his throat- Akira gestured over to the stands. "Satori Akira. Jinchuuriki. Please allow me." he let out the secret for the first time to someone he didn't even know, under his breath- to the blonde haired man. Perhaps it would give him the ability to get to one of the podiums on his left hand side (podium furthest to the right). 

People were beginning to cat-call Akira, only a few: but mostly people were confused. "It seems as though our esteemed candidates are too busy for the civilians of Iwagakure," - Akira spoke as he reached the podium, steeling himself once more as the andrenaline poured through his veins. People were confused. Well... so was Akira. 

Akira was a talker, but talking to a crowd this big? A little unnerving. "None of you know who I am. That is with good reason, so the only thing that I can do is embarrass myself. Right?" his self deprecating joke got a few laughs within the audience. Beneficial.

A natural talker, indeed. "I was entrusted with a secret that Tanetsu Toshu allowed me to reveal if I so wished. That is why many of the ANBU may not have intercepted my very un-hasty climb onto the stage." Akira would continue speaking, his eyes steeling over with a humbling resilience. 

"He himself did not stand in, because he could not deal with weaponizing a teenager. Weaponizing me. I'd like to continue talking, if that were possible." people began to laugh at Akira- and Akira himself spoke as he looked back between the crowd and the blonde haired moderator. Their laughs were out of confusion. What exactly was this big secret that Akira was hiding? In fact, why the fuck was this young teenager up on stage at all? Why hadn't he been taken down yet? 

"...With that in mind. Our candidates are late: do they think themselves above us? Since when did strength dictate the ability to make the lives of others better?" Akira finished with that. Provided there were no interruptions, despite the confusion from the crowds-  people were listening. Akira used words that would align himself as 'one of them'. It was entirely natural: without coaxing or training.

It was a ballsy as hell move that got Akira's palms sweating, and you could see some of the nerves: But the longer he stayed up there the calmer he became. "I am Satori Akira, and I am Iwagakure's Jinchūriki: host to the fifth tailed Bijū, and I may not be omnipotent and old enough to be late, but I wish to stand in for the position of Tsuchikage."

Silence. Akira supposed it was because they didn't know whether to take Akira seriously or not, he didn't receive laughter or dissent in any form... just nothing. Akira wasn't sure himself, and a bead of sweat dripped from the side of his forehead.   

48 hour IIC period is up. 

Obviously, Akira doesn't really pose a massive threat - but if IC ANBU have decided him to be and is removed from going on stage, all that will have happened is he's embarrassed publicly. 

SPECIAL ABILITY BEING USED:

Talker
Akira is a natural talker, mildly charming and versed in many different subjects as a result of spending far too much time indoors. As a result, his mind is matured far beyond his years, he is incredibly empathetic to the emotions around him, weather in deception or in genuine emotion; he seems to get on easier with those around him.
LAIKA OF GAGNAM STYLE
last edit by Deleted on Oct 24, 2016 19:09:07 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 24, 2016 19:10:28 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]
[attr="class","cas-link"]
ISHIDA, SEIJI
Yama no Oni | Sage Apprentice | Elite Jounin

Situated toward the rear of the gathered crowd, Seiji stood with arms crossed over his chest. His short, dark hair and beard contrasted with his deep, blue eyes. Dressed in his yellow gi he surveyed the scene before him as he waited for the debate to commence. The crowd waited patiently and the tension within the room was tangible. Regular citizens threw passed rumors amongst themselves, while shinobi gossiped with their comrades. The debate would set the course for Iwagakure's future and by association, Tsuchi no Kuni's as well. It was expected to be a lively, heated event. Within Seiji's earshot, several citizens entertained rather aggressive conversations and things were near a boiling point just as the commotion on the stage occurred, drawing the attention of the crowd.[break][break]

Seiji kept his gaze fixed on the young shinobi during his awkward speech and listened intently to his words, smirking as he announced himself as the village jinchuuriki. He flat out chuckled as the boy announced his plans to stand in as Tsuchikage. Seiji glanced around the room, taking note of the reactions from those around him; curious as to where the participants were and how they might handle this boy's antics. [break][break]

legend: Seiji[break]
jutsu: no jutsu

[newclass=".cas-link a"]font-size:8px;font-family:arial;color:#F5DE78!important;letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -moz-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -o-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -ms-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; transition-delay:0s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cas-link a:hover"]color:#eee!important;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -moz-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -o-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -ms-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; transition-delay:0s;[/newclass]
has written 0 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 24, 2016 22:34:26 GMT -5
Kamizuru Manami
"A queen rules supported by her subjects, not despite them."
Kamizuru Manami Avatar
groupnull
age birthday November 14th rank occupation Sensor Captain
What in the world...? 

Manami, of course, was at the debate. She didn't like the idea of a bunch of politicians verbally playing the crowd while avoiding the real problems, but she needed to make sure things weren't too stupid. She was Captain of the Sensor Corps, for crying out loud! Reporting to the Tsuchikage was one of her duties. She didn't want someone who didn't know what they were doing in power. The Council would be the real deciders of this, but she didn't want to sit back and let them have all the fun. 

Mugen had dropped that he was going to be running, and so Manami had looked forward to making fun of everything he said. And then, well- he died. Chasing a fight he shouldn't of. She bit her lip at the memory. What a disaster. Dude was a damn idiot. But, that sucks. 

And now, here she was, with this teenage idiot crashing the stage, running for Tsuchikage?! Hell no, not if she had any say in this. Kid's barely a green chunin, no way is he going to lead her village. She'll take the damn position herself from the Yutakako and the other guy if she has to! 

"Kid,"
Manami yells, voice carrying across the silent room. "Get your ass down from there before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. The people need a real leader, not some hotshot chunin who thinks he's bigger than God himself. You might be someone's host or whatever, but you're way too young if you think that good leadership is a matter of saying you should have it."

"Seriously," she said, the crowd continuing their silence. "I've got more claim to the damn position than you do- I'm the Queen of the Kamizuru, one of the founding clans of Iwagakure, and I am the Captain of the Sensor Division of the Guardian Corps. I've been reporting to the Tsuchikage for years, and does it look like I'm hooting and hollering on stage because the event is starting a bit later than expected?"

Just sit down and think about what you're going to ten seconds before doing it. Manami's voice carries through the room, even and tempered. She clearly has done this sort of thing before, many times. Running an entire military division while also running a clan certainly gave her the confidence to tell things like it is. When it comes down it, that's what the people want to hear. It's what they need to hear.

Sa: Noblesse Oblige
Manami genuinely does care about the people under her, and that bleeds through in her interactions with others. She’s a hardass and takes no shenanigans, but those under her can feel her faith in them. She’s a fine leader when she needs to be.

Achilles/Thetis has written 248 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 24, 2016 22:36:36 GMT -5
Ōgonshoku Mugen
If you wish for me to be struck down, do it with your own hands.
Ōgonshoku Mugen Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 17th rank Jōnin | occupation
It was getting on in the evening, and the sun was beginning to set behind the horizon. But there was a lot of light out today, lanterns were all around the village of Iwagakure. A myriad of colours and sizes they were glowing with a strange majestic glimmer as if they were more than just lanterns. Tonight was the night of the Tsuchikage canindate debate. When the nights were starting to grow longer, the villagers took it upon themselves to light the streets. This was time of joyous deliberations. A time in which shinobi were recalled and all the citizens under control of the Stone Country were welcomed to visit Iwagakure, if they knew the way of course. Mountains and stone all around the village, and, standing over all those under them in their glory.

Ninja and citizens, alike, were told to relax and enjoy the festivities. The debates drew officials from all the country. All the shops and restaurants were closed. This was supposed to be a celebration after all. Light music played over the speakers of the village, as the crowd waited anxiously to hear the speakers. Parties were talking amongst themselves, but arguable the best rumors came from the high profile members of the crowd. The village courtyard was the setting of this event. The place was packed with people tonight, and the candidates were the only people the crowd anticipated.

Subtle steps could be heard throughout the room, they weren't hard or powerful in anyway, yet they can be heard by every person present. But a pin drop could be heard in this room as the first candidate entered the square. Tonoda of the Lighting entered with a stern gaze focusing on the podium with placed on the stage. This was a moment of determination for him. A moment of reckoning for an entire village. It wasn't just the responsibility of the Tsuchikage to improve Iwagakure but a duty of every member of the Rock Village. He glanced over at the few familiar faces amongst the crowd, seeing great war veterans, such as Seiji-San.

Dressed in his eloquent attire, Tonoda swayed through the aisle as if it was water carrying a lily upstream. His personal haori of pure white, with a thin gold necklace with many pieces hanging down from its body. His kimono had long sleeves, with black sashinuki hakama over his black, light weight boots. Gold pendants stamped to his pressed collar, adding elegance to his attire. Two small scrolls were clipped to his waste cloth on the backside; holdings unknown.

Surrounded by his people the man seems so happy but anyone who knew him well would know that is something that is always almost impossible to tell. His emotions were own and not shared with others but his pride was another thing altogether. His pride was this village: its people. He had to take control of this situation. Iwagakure was in dire straights and Tonoda would pull it out with his experience and determination. He had a duty to his people.

As he drew closer, he listened to the words of the young Akira, captivated from his spirit. The boy was obviously too nervous to notice him walking towards his position. It was those like him that would make the big changes in this village's dynamic. He was indeed a little behind schedule as he had some research to do about a friend's death. But that was all behind him now. This was the first time in the village in five years. Now it was time to return to the fight. Time to return to service. Time to return to his people. His training had come to an end and, now, he knew what he'd been training for.

As he rose himself up the steps that lead to the large stage, slowly walking to Akira, placing his left a hand on his right shoulder. "Good job, Kinshou-Kage, but let us handle it from here." said Tonoda with a surprising smile, moving over to his podium to stand and wait for the others to show.

last edit by Ōgonshoku Mugen on Oct 24, 2016 22:44:37 GMT -5
Mugen [Black] has written 64 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 24, 2016 23:04:57 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Of course it would be one hundred percent natural that there would be opposition immediately to Akira's speech. The woman who spoke up was of a fairly understanding notable influence, even if not among the civilian crowd she would be identifyable by the Shinobi one at that. 

Akira remained quiet for a few seconds. He was a clever teenager: he knew how to talk, but wasn't quite so clever as to have prepared a thesis on it. He needed words, short and curt to get people to listen to him before his five seconds of fame were over... and he wasn't trying to do that. 

"Your claim has the presupposition that I am arrogant and not worthy of thoughts and ideas. I'd like you to allow me to make my case and change your mind." Akira responded simply in the speaker in a way that wouldn't be construed as rude or disruptive or try to include an even harsher resistance: he couldn't afford that. For her to claim that Akira was up to shenanigans and 'hollering' meant that his claim or right should be diminished by it?

The first thing she did was proclaiming her status as a leader of people and a clan leader: this was completely justifyable and Akira found himself nodding to her. He could empathize with her. People certainly did, as some of the Shinobi populace were quite vocally agreeing with Manami. Who was this kid?

Before he could respond, Akira froze up a little bit with; he noticed a presence to his right, a man who had placed his hand on him. 'Kinshou-Kage? Little Shadow?' Akira thought, the words had carried across into the mic and people had begun to repeat it. Akira however, remained where he stood, frozen by his muscles not really wishing him. If people were visible of seeing through the podium they'd see Akira's legs; jittering just the slightest bit. Akira turned and bowed curtly to the man but showed no signs of being removed unless it was by an official.

Akira could understand her demeanor to her, and turned his attention from the man. You could have heard Akira's breath as he spoke into the mic. "I'd expect resistance purely from my age. I agree, Speaker-san. I will speak using logic, rather than from behind lands and titles. Age is not representative of experience, nor is spouting titles any more indicative of a claim to the position of Tsuchikage." Akira didn't come from a gifted upbringing. These words were only coming from Akira's painfully angsty background. 

Akira wanted to talk about the power and aspect of a civil war being led by unfairness and civil unrest between the civilian and shinobi factions, but he bet if he did that line of politics would've been crossed to give Akira a bad public figure in the few minutes he had been on stage, that and there had already been some... fearful faces in knowing Akira's small claim.

Note: I Won't be making any further posts or comments after this post until the moderation officially begins as Mugen suggested: to give a proper posting order.

Special ability being used:

Talker

Akira is a natural talker, mildly charming and versed in many different subjects as a result of spending far too much time indoors. As a result, his mind is matured far beyond his years, he is incredibly empathetic to the emotions around him, weather in deception or in genuine emotion; he seems to get on easier with those around him.

LAIKA OF GAGNAM STYLE
last edit by Deleted on Oct 24, 2016 23:31:59 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 25, 2016 9:22:49 GMT -5
Kitamuro Maro
Kitamuro Maro Avatar
groupnull
Maro didn't expect to find himself here, among the crowds that came to watch the debates between the candidates for the position of Tsuchikage.

He expected a farce. The last three elections were a farce - one kage, a clan puppet, was appointed, the other went down. Then through a coup-de-tat, that kage went down, and the clans that weren't pleased with the arrangements and distributions of important positions, started anew. The last 'civil war' was bit more bloodier than the previous ones. Maro sat out of it, just like he did with the previous conflicts, not believing that these were more than just squabbles between greedy clans. And yet, he decided to show up and hear what was all the fuss about. A couple of friends joined him. The seats weren't the best out there, but at least they could see and hear everything.

The candidates were late, as usual. A murmur of discontent was getting stronger as the time passed. Not showing up on time, if anything, was a sign of disrespect for many people gathered here. Hmpf, the leaders of the people, not showing up in time to see the people they're supposed to represent... - the archer had thought, crossing his arms. He thought about leaving, too - this seemed like a waste of time. But then, something happened.

A kid jumped out of the crowds, and unto the stage. He was ... no younger than 15, from the looks of it. He introduced himself as a jinchuriki, and spouted some nonsense about wanting to become the next Kage. Maro laughed at that. This guy can't be serious, can he? Of course, Maro couldn't take him seriously. He doubted anyone did. But then a rebuff hit his ears, from the other end of the podiums. When he heard it, his eyes narrowed, teeth gritting. The voice belonged to the Kamizuru queen. One of the famous clans of the village that he, Maro, hated so much. He hated all clans in general, but this one took the cake. It was their Kage, that reigned over 200 years before his assassination started the circle of revolutions, who divided the village into castes, with the clans being on top and the rest ground into dirt beneath them. Her words stank of privilege, arrogance and haughtiness. It was what brought the archer to side with the kid, in this debate. Breathing in, he yelled to outshout the murmurs of the crowd, in response to the Kamizuru:

"Reporting to the Tsuchikage? Which Kage out of three or four we had was that, huh? Being a clique head ain't gonna make ya a better leader! The last three or four kages were from clans, and yours was the worst!"

Surprisingly, his words were supported by howls from like-minded individuals, showing the division between the people of Iwagakure. Maro returned to watching the debate, as one of the candidates bothered to show up. A smirk appearing on his face as he heard the kid again. Akira, was it? He liked his words about titles and positions. The archer still didn't think he stood a chance. But he sure does a good job at pissing off the 'high society'.

last edit by Kitamuro Maro on Oct 25, 2016 9:26:19 GMT -5
has written 119 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 25, 2016 21:59:35 GMT -5
Sega
Sega Avatar
groupnull
Disorder filled the hall. The expectant crowd had waited a few moments before they started whispering things to each other. Some of the more dissatisfied citizens had speculated that there could have been plotting back stage. There was a general consensus in the crowd that Iwagakure's leadership had let them down. Time and time again, they had put their faith in elites only to be back-stabbed and trampled upon. It was looking like this was going to be another one of those times. It seemed the uplifting and inspirational revolution lead by Tanetetsu Toshu was just another scam they fell for.

The revolutionary elites in the front row looked at one another in bewilderment and slight panic. Where in the world were their candidates? They had promised Iwagakure their first ever city-wide elections, a change from previous generations. It was going to start with this debate, but it seemed to be slowly spiraling out of their control. A young man...no. An adolescent stepped onto the stage, claiming to be the Jinchuuriki, then stated he wanted to run. Those in the crowd simply laughed at the thought, while leaders fumed. He had not filed the necessary documents to run. In their eyes, he was trying to usurp attention from something much more important than himself. This was an important event for the village and could do without an aloof teenager.

It wouldn't be long before ANBU operatives emerged onto the stage, taking Akira by his limbs. They disappeared in a gif, but his actions had been everlasting. He would be written down in Iwagakure's history as the foolish boy with lofty goals. A sigh of relief could have been found on Kuumoto's face. The blond moderator stepped to his microphone and addressed the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, now that the situation has been handled, we ask that you remain quiet and civil. We now have one of the candidates on stage. Please give a warm welcome to Retired ANBU Operative, Tonoda.

He would be given a lackluster applause. Many were displeased that it had taken so long, but it had reduced many fears.

"Now sir, would you mind telling us why you think you're the most qualified for leading Iwagakure in these turbulent times?

OOC: Posting timelimit for Tsuchi candidates are 48 hours from each other. I do not want to see additional unexpected efforts to get on stage from those not running for Tsuchi. Firm posting order is not established, meaning that audience members can post as they see fit in response to the candidates and their actions. Though, keep in mind that overt actions will have repercussions ICly. Akira has been taken away for questioning.
last edit by Sega on Oct 25, 2016 23:20:10 GMT -5
has written 514 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 26, 2016 15:10:30 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation

IWAGAKURE'S GREAT DEBATE

► To Making History ◄

Takara wasn't in any sort of position to show her greatness, she'd earned all her position through hard work and determination. Through her will power she ascended from nothing to the head of the blast corps, as well as one of the village council. She'd been one of those mentioned earlier to be honored, she wasn't totally thankful they'd decided to build this auditorium. She thought the money could of been better spent, it wasn't even a giant mess of masonry. We're a village of rocks the money wasted to import all this wood. It looked nice too so when Takara arrived, she'd note it first with annoyance.

Takara didn't enter from backstage, she'd only just arrived via her advanced clay bomb. It's landing alerted the very back crowd of her entrance. A shinobi holding a large white cloak got from her seat and knelled in waiting. The Kunoichi was someone who knew and studied under Takara, she'd learned earlier that day Takara and the blast squad had to deal with matters. A bandit hideout was discovered near an main road that was blocked by an avalanche. Takara's explosives would be best for the matter, so she'd agreed to the mission knowing it'd risk her lateness. She'd wager on conflict and inform this kunoichi to be prepared.

As the rear seats watched doors open a very stern looking Takara would enter, as well as a small entourage of two others who'd participated in her mission. Her clothes were slightly burned and dirtied from what'd clearly been battle. Her normal attire not informal but ruined, she'd have this kunoichi cloak her upon entrance. The woman felt the need to follow Takara to stage, as she'd try to quietly explain what had and was happening. Takara could only focus on the fact she'd been late, she'd keep her head down, as she'd spot an open seat and shove her assistant into it. The woman immediately realizing her mistake and just watching Takara approach.

She'd give a quick bow passing the Daiymo's spot, then as she'd enter the stage she'd walk up to a free podium. She'd smile to the crowd and give a wave to everyone with one hand, there was the slightest hint of a blush due to her shameful lateness. She'd however grin confidently and give a quick bow of forgiveness and honor to the people she honored. "I'm sorry for my lateness Tonoda, not everyone can take the day off I suppose." Takara would immediately jab at her opponents retirement, as well as the fact the ANBU were acting overtime it seemed this day.

Takara turned her attention then entirely to the Daiymo's spot as she'd speak into the speaker on her podium. "I'm deeply sorry for my tardiness and interruption now. I hope I've not derailed this debate at all and more importantly that the people haven't lost all faith in me." She'd take a biggest bow she could manage to the daiymo, then followed it with similar bow to the rest of the crowd. She'd raise from her bow taking a deep breath, it'd be clear the woman was gathering her thoughts. This was to be a debate after all, she knew she'd need to bring her A-game.

NOTES // WORDS // ETC // BOINK OF GS
last edit by Yutakako Takara on Oct 26, 2016 15:11:37 GMT -5
Yoshiko has written 463 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 26, 2016 18:45:48 GMT -5
Ōgonshoku Mugen
Ōgonshoku Mugen Avatar
groupnull

The young Lord asked the opening questions to Tonoda just as a large bird of clay appeared overhead, dropping off a battle worn Takara and a few members of the Demolition Corps, taking the attention of the audience for the slightest of moments.. "Hello, Takara-dono", said Tonoda as she approached the stage giving an apology to the Daiymo's heir and himself before addressing the audience. Tonoda watched her actions carefully, thinking critically as she moved. As late as it was, he doubted any other participants would show up and thus, he would finally begin his opening statements.

The man took two steps forward to hover over the podium so that his voice could be heard clearly around the village square.

"Yes, Kūmoto-sama, I've proven with years of experience and service that I can remain calm in serious and stressful situations but what makes me most qualified isn't that well known fact but the fact that I wish as much as these fine men and women sitting around us right now, to make Iwagakure a better place for all parties. For each and every one of you." The man's words were firm and expressive as he glanced across the large mass of ninja and citizens alike seated before him. "Each and every Tsuchikage we've had in the past has paid their dues to the debilitated state of our fine village. But it is our duty to rise it to the level of our dreams and create the village we want for our children and your future generations."

Tonoda hoped the people followed him in his round about explanation, preparing to bring his answer to a close. "Simply, like the majority of these fine people here, I have no loyalties to any clans and any other parties. My full loyalty is to the Nation of Rocks, the Village Hidden in the Stones, and its people. Every Tsuchikage we've had up until now have all been members of the Great Clans of Iwagakure but I, Tonoda don't have a surname or a symbol. The only symbol I don is that of Iwagakure." The embroidered "Stone" kanji could be easily seen on his infamous haori. "And thus I will make the best decisions for the people at all times. I have nothing to gain but the betterment of this village and the happiness of these very people"

Tonoda took two steps back, standing in wait for the next address.
The Great Debate [I]Oct 26, 2016 20:14:51 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation

IWAGAKURE'S GREAT DEBATE

► To Making History ◄

Takara's smile would only pep-up as she'd hear the other man speak, she'd look at the man as he talked, it was the polite thing to look to the speaker of a room. She'd hope he might return the favor, but she was mostly looking out for her own self image. She'd not want to sound bragging later on and she'd not have the type of arrogance to think she could ignore him. He made valid points after all points, she'd nod to those and look off to the crowd to show her aligned opinion. She also knew why the rebellion had started, she'd not stepped onto this stage to dispute the power struggle. She'd supported the rebellion originally after-all, but she hadn't stood behind the conflict.

Takara technically couldn't stand behind the conflict though, as she'd been actively running the border of the land of earth. The explosive corps was the offensive A-team of Iwagakure and still being under Kouen's rule at the time Iwagakure's forces had still been spread thin. A war had happened a couple actually in the time Tonoda had been away. However he seemed to mistake his lack of a solid last name for his better candidacy against Takara. She'd kind of smile with a light chuckle as she'd glance onto the crowd, she'd only recently been re-accepted into her clan. She didn't have overwhelming sentimental reason to put the Yutakako above anyone else.

However his biggest mistake was simply deciding the sole problem of the village was clans. If the village leader spoke of purely burning the clans for the past leisurely lives, then he'd be falsely accusing some as well as losing every clan members vote. It was a democracy of everyone and Takara knew the people and they probably knew her better than him. She'd however remain totally calm and un-offended by the false accusations that her clan made her less qualified to lead. Instead she'd wait her turn to be addressed, then clearing her throat she'd look out to the crowd.

"I'd like to start by thanking you all for having me here. To be chosen as a candidate, it's an honor that hasn't happened prior to this day. Our village has taken amazing steps towards righting one of the many wrongs of our past hierarchy. I think Tonoda is correct to a degree, in stating our clans have held too much power. Our villages clans have been in a constant state of fighting for the leading position. However when the civil war broke out and the people asked for saviors to this injustice, the Tantetsu and Yutakako stood by them." Takara would begin to explain, as she'd remind the people of the very recent conflict.

"However." Takara would clear her throat, "Tonoda is wrong in assuming my name has anything to do with my legitimacy to run for you. I've been an active part of the Yutakako for less years than Tonoda's been retired. I love my clan and trust them to look after one of my kids, but I agree that we need to stop putting our clans in the spot light. I plan, if you make me Tsuchikage to undo this wrong, but not by simply promising my election assures it. I've already written out a construction plan which focuses our clans into paying into their fellow villagers."

"My plan doesn't stop on equality though, it only starts there, as we already waged a war to reach it. This election will inevitably mark it, but after today you'll have a leader chosen by you and not given by some tragic list of events. I believe I'm best suited for this position because, I've striven to be here and represent you. I've been an active shinobi all my career and earned the respect and right to council for all of you. I've done it all while maintaining a powerful presence as the leader of the Blast Corps; so while Tonoda was relaxing with our enemies, I was holding two fronts in the name of Iwagakure."
NOTES // WORDS // ETC // BOINK OF GS
last edit by Yutakako Takara on Oct 26, 2016 20:16:31 GMT -5
Yoshiko has written 463 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 26, 2016 21:19:56 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cas-link"]
ISHIDA, SEIJI
Yama no Oni | Sage Apprentice | Elite Jounin

As the commotion the young chuunin caused gave way to the arrival of the candidates, Seiji focused his attention to the stage once more. The opening platforms of the candidates seemed rather similar save for their differing opinions of previous leaders holding the clans in such high regard. The Elite Jounin wondered how the clan elders and representatives within the room would take to these remarks; his eyes darted to those he could identify within his immediate vicinity before returning his gaze toward the podiums as Takara finished her response.[break][break]

A stifled grunt left the middle-aged man's lips in response as his inner monologue started up. Surely mudslinging needn't begin within the first statements? He scoffed inwardly at the idea that these two might begin to argue from the beginning rather than truly debate, but he thought that after all these years knowing each of them to certain degrees, they could far more cunning than what was presented. Seiji crossed his arms over his chest once more, shifting his weight to his left leg as he stood casting his gaze over both of them. He was eager to see the village progress beyond the tumultuous state it was in, much like the rest of those present. His loyalty to Iwagakure meant he would support whomever was chosen as the Tsuchikage, but for now he would study each of their comments and remarks carefully, silently judging.[break][break]

legend: Seiji[break]
jutsu: no jutsu

[newclass=".cas-link a"]font-size:8px;font-family:arial;color:#F5DE78!important;letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -moz-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -o-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -ms-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; transition-delay:0s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cas-link a:hover"]color:#eee!important;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -moz-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -o-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; -ms-transition: all .2s ease-in-out .2s; transition-delay:0s;[/newclass]
has written 0 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 27, 2016 12:45:23 GMT -5
Sega
Sega Avatar
groupnull
The audience's attention honed in on Tonoda. Having worn fine, traditional Tsuchi no Kuni regalia he had caught the eyes of many. It seemed almost fitting that he was on stage. Everyone had turned a listening ear to what he had to say. The crowd was still slightly irate about his tardiness, but alas he would speak and maybe, just maybe they would find that their time was not wasted. The crowd was not disappointed. Tonoda was quick to disassociate himself from the clan elites. This had appealed greatly to Iwagakure's afflicted poor and clanless majority. He seemed to come off as having the same vision of the future as Iwagakure's revolutionaries. A village which not served for the few, but the many.

It was an excellent first impression towards a mostly unhappy audience. They were still very skeptical, but were very much willing to hear more from the man. It wouldn't be long before a towering blonde woman entered the hall. Many had turned their heads to see her and to many she was a familiar face. It was none other than Councilwoman Yutakako Takara. The very first thing they had noticed about her was her dirtied clothing. Villagers, mostly women, whispered negative things among themselves that would have likely been unheard to the candidates but their eyes spoke plenty.

"Has she no shame?"

"How can she address the village like that?"

She started by explaining the War. It had dredged up memories that would never be removed from the mind of Iwagakure. She was a Yutakako, but was quick to also disassociate herself from it and in the process threw a jab towards her opponent. Kuumoto earlier had stated that Tonoda was a Retired shinobi, but none had payed attention to it until now. It called into question if the man had the stamina to lead, if he was already off from his shinobi duties. She then mentioned that if she should be made the Tsuchikage, she would make clans pay compensation to those who had been affected by their regimes. Smiles emerged on the faces of many, while those who had famous last names looked at each other fearfully. They felt that they had already atoned for their sins via the lives of their loved ones. Her Yutakako kin had felt maligned, especially since they had mostly fought on the revolutionary side. The majority felt that this said compensation was very much needed.

A very important claim was subsequently made. Takara was clearly on the attack. She stated that her opponent had been 'relaxing with the enemy'.

Kuumoto was quick to interject before the conversation went further.

"Thank you Yutakako-san.", he then turned to Tonoda. "Sir, the Councilwoman has called your past into question. Iwagakure records have shown that you have been a retired shinobi for about 7 years and took residence in Nohara no Kuni, a nation which seceded from Tsuchi no Kuni and considers us as its enemy. Is there anything you would like to say in regards to your stay? Could you not find delight in this beloved nation of ours? Tsuchi no Kuni."

Some eyebrows had been raised. This was new information to most, and veteran shinobi who had fought in the Second Shinobi War against Kusagakure thought such a thing was shameful to those who had died. Many of these people wanted to hear more about this accusation.
OOC: 48 hours to post. Tonoda's reply then Takara's rebuttal.
last edit by Sega on Oct 27, 2016 12:52:29 GMT -5
has written 514 posts
The Great Debate [I]Oct 27, 2016 21:25:24 GMT -5
Ōgonshoku Mugen
Ōgonshoku Mugen Avatar
groupnull
Tonoda took two slow steps toward to the podium, once more.

It was interesting to Tonoda that Takara acted so immaturely. She tried to throw dirt on him to make herself appear clean. It was a fascinating thing, indeed. But she'd made her move and thus Tonoda would position himself to make his own. He was a simple, respectful talker. He wouldn't try to demean another person's campaign in order to make his appear better. "The mark of a guilty man is to place the blame on others," commented Tonoda before he looked to the young Lord and begin to answer the questions he was asked.

"Yes, I, indeed, retired and took refuge in a Nohara no Kuni in my years of mediation and training. And the reasoning is simple: to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. For the entire time I've resided in that land, it's been no quarrel with that country and Tsuchi no Kuni. Why is that, you ask ? Because Raijin no Iwagakure was at their doorstep, ready to take away everything they've held dear if they even thought of any foul play in this fair land. The Land is also the greatest vantage point between our land and many other lands that have an animosity towards Tsuchi no Kuni.. I have and will always be loyal to this village and this land. And a thought on the contrary, is a farse that makes no sense. The Rock Symbol follows me everywhere I go."

Tonoda's voice was calm and resolute and his demeanor spoke aloof seriousness. He wasn't one to play games or be trifled with. One with have to come with their A-game to make this man stumble. Tonoda looked to the people once more, glancing at the numerous faces in the audience. Each and everyone of them would be his responsibility if he was chosen for this position. If not, then they'd be under the control of Takara-dono. Tonoda simply wished for a better Iwagakure. But he simply did not see that course if someone who would mudsling was accepted as the new one.

Glancing over to the Lady, Tonoda inquisitioned, "Any more questions about my past that you'd like to dig up, Mi Lady ?" Tonoda took his two backward steps again waiting on his next address.
last edit by Ōgonshoku Mugen on Oct 27, 2016 21:26:14 GMT -5