Q
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Q Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Kumogakure Genin Exams

The 21st hunger games

The Annual Genin Entry Exams

The Genin Exams are a fact of life every budding shinobi has to face. They are the gateway into the real ninja world and are put in place to test the mettle of the young academy student ready to take on the world. Today marks the commencement for the sign ups of the external spring exams. Entrance to this is not mandatory but is highly encouraged by the Academy faculty.

The exams will take place in approximately one months time and will consist of three trials. These trials will simulate what it is like to be a real ninja and will test three key areas; intelligence, technique and aptitude. To pass the exams a student must pass all three trials. There is no ‘right’ way to pass the exams, for all Shinobi have their own style and strengths. The subterfuge used by ninja allow them to pass the impossible both in exams and in real life situations and as such there will be exam moderators who will watch for blatant cheating. The way of a shinobi is a carefully crafted thing and too much of one thing makes an unbalanced individual, while these exams are not real they are equally as serious and will provide a crucial learning curve for those taking part as well as put them in good standing with their tutor for the real examination period and will determine whether or not they will be able to face the real examinations.

A test of intelligence:
    Shinobi are expected to understand tactical excellence as well as be able to use jutsu and fight. Academy students will be subject to 5 tactical questions using both arithmetic and tactics and will be expected to write a detailed answer to each. The time allowed for this unseen exam is three hours.

A test of skill:
    Being able to practice excellence as well as understand it is a key component to being a Shinobi. Depending on the number of applicants, students will either be placed into a three man team or grouped together to carry out a mission as close to real life as possible. Students will be required to capture a strategic enemy point while defending themselves from an unknown amount of enemy.

A test of will:
    Arguably the hardest of all; students will utilise all they have learned during their time as a student at the Academy and will face off against their peers in a tournament style heat in order to capture the headband attached to the other opponent. Students will be expected to utilise E-grade jutsu but must go no higher than C-grade (if known). This will be a real fight and real injuries are to be expected.

Students most score favourably on all three parts of the test to pass and will be graded against their peers as well as older test scores. This is a near identical practice to the typical examination that all Genin must pass through, so participation is advised but not mandatory. Please sign your names below:

X
X
X
X
X

Dates will be given approximately three days before the exam is to take place. Failure to attend the examination will result in failure of all the exams.

Good luck,
Mayuko Kaori, Academy Head Instructor
ulla

OOC INFO:
Yo yo guys, Aika here!

So in case you didn’t figure it out already I’m running a site wide event for all the Academy's in order to help you guys progress a little with your characters while also having fun. Obviously this thread is open to all of y’all who have Academy students and will also be open to those who want to help moderate the exams plus a few spectators who might just wanna watch and cheer on their peers. Here’s the run down:

>Written Exam: So I’m not actually intending on having anyone actually full on write me five essay-style answers on shinobi tactics and whatnot. I’m mean, but not that mean. This exam is more to do with how your character finds out the answers that are hidden in the room. For this part of the test your character will have to ‘cheat’ in order to find the answers and this is totally fine, but theres one rule: don’t get caught. There will be two moderators (two people with Chunin chars or higher) who will be helping moderate the thread/watching over your characters to make sure they aren’t uncool enough to get caught. The thread isn’t legit gonna be three hours long (for obvious reasons and the fact I’m more than likely on the other side of the pond to you all) but it will be in character three hours long. Chances are your character won’t get caught, the whole idea is to simulate the character feeling what it is like to be under a stressful environment much like the original Genin exams in Naruto. 

>Capture the Flag Exam: This is a pretty easy one to explain. Depending on the amount of thread participants the participants with students will be split into teams (I’m expecting there to only be about 4/5 at a push in which case it will be all of them working together) and will face off against graduated shinobi to capture their flag otherwise known as their strategic point. This will simulate what it is like for your character to face off against enemy shinobi IRL. There will be three graduated shinobi defending the flag and the students will have to contend with them. I say three since it is highly likely these shinobi will be well versed in training and shouldn’t have too much of a problem fighting off four or five kids. But you never know. They will, of course, be permitted to use jutsu as they see fit but nothing above C rank. There may be a scripted B rank in there to scare the students but nothing that would kill them. If you want to be one of the shinobi on this by all means reply to this thread and I’ll sort it out. My char will be overseeing as the team captain of the other graduated shinobi.  [That means there will only be two spots for moderators in this round.]

>One on One Capture the Headband Fights: Basic, straight forward good ol’ fighting with the intention of taking the opponents headband. Your char will be pitted against another opponent. In the event that there are an odd number of participants (say five) there will be a three way fight with the last one standing winning. There will then be a second heat where the two winners will face off against each other and the winner of that will be the mini champion the academy exams. I will be moderating the thread, so long as its chill with the staff, so that any awkward fighting moves can be judged upon by a third party.

>Rewards
What was that? Yes you heard me right, we have devised a rewarding system for participants!
Participating Academy Students will receive: 

• 25 xp for joining.
  • 25 xp for each of the three sections they perform favourably in.
  • Each section will count as a lesson thread for participating students.

So students will be looking at anywhere between 25-100XP.

And don't worry for those joining as invigilators and judges, we got you covered too!:

• 50XP for joining and participating throughout the entire event.
  • 1.5 x XP as a D rank mission: 75XP total.
  • Totaling at 125XP

If you wanna take part please post your character's name, link to their bio, and what role they want to take part as; moderator or participant. Please note moderators can only be ranked Chunin or higher and participants can only be Academy level. If you wanna participate as a spectator who is there for the lolz just post their name and role as spectator. Spectators will not receive extra XP for being there for the lulz. 

There will be 3 threads for each exam plus an intro one where my character will post the list of participants and your character can freak out / get hyped accordingly with each other.

As this is a site wide event and students from the Five Major Shinobi Villages will be allowed to attend, the Raikage will accept THREE guardians along with each squad to enter the village. This will be a team sensei (someone who is a coach) and two bodyguards. No more than three will be allowed and anyone trying to enter as a fourth 'guardian' will be met with angry examiners and shinobi guards. 

House rules: 
> If you participate in this thread a gentlemanly 48hr response time is required. For example, I post then you post within a 48hr time frame. This is to stop each thread taking an eon to complete. If you fail to meet the 48hr deadline your character will be written out of the thread and will fail the exams unless you message me in advance to say you’re delayed for a legit reason. (I’m not a slave driver or anything, I do appreciate people have lives outside of the site, but disappearing for no reason or not replying because you can’t be chewed isn’t really a good enough excuse to keep others waiting.)

> As is standard for all fight threads, there’ll be no god modding of any variety. If someone god mods I or a member of staff will step in where appropriate. Similarly if someone feels they didn’t have ample enough time for their character to react we will also step in, but y’all are pros and I’m sure there won’t be any of that. 

> On that note, no double posting. Feel free to write a billion words for one post so long as you don’t god mod in someones reaction, just no double posting — not only is it bad practice it forces the turn taking out of kilter.

> Be reasonable with your character. The participants are kids, so it stands to good reason that they aren’t going to be the next Madara Uchiha of Kumogakure or be of the equivalent of Sasuke at Academy age. Unless you’re some kind of already developed prodigy, the genin exams will be hard so please write your responses accordingly. This will be a challenge to your character and they shouldn’t exactly breeze through it.

> The same goes with exam moderators. If you’re participating as an exam moderator because your character is chuunin level or higher they are there to HELP the students, not beat them to a pulp. That’s not to say the capture the flag missions won’t be hard and cuts and bruises won’t happen but, you know, they ARE kids at the end of the day who will eventually have to capture the flag. Please keep this in mind if you’re involved in the modding of the exams, we want everyone to have fun but please don’t keep shitting the students into the ground. I’m not expecting your character to be walked all over but bear in mind your character in theory would be able to pummel a 7 year old into the ground so a little leeway is to be expected! If I or a staffer feels you aren’t taking the job seriously or are perhaps being a little too seriously we’ll let you know and what not. 

> Any questions feel free to grab me in the cbox or PM me directly on my characters account; Mayuko Kaori.

Fanks
Aika

PS: If you want to participate in this event please reply to this post with your characters name, rank, role in the event and village. 

[b]Name:[/b] [a href="http://"]Character Name[/a]
[b]Rank:[/b] Current Rank
[b]Role:[/b] Exam Role

Tentative date for registration closure: 06/27.

last edit by Q on Jun 21, 2018 13:40:23 GMT -5
has written 87 posts

quick reply

compose a reply