compose a reply
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]May 21, 2019 13:01:52 GMT -5
Natsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

"They did WHAT?!”

A shout that would have near been heard throughout the Sarutobi compound… The return of Sarutobi Amai from an excruciatingly long expedition had not been with a full welcome. Her daughter, Ayumi, had been snagged by a nukenin and she had worked on arrangements on hunting him down and getting her back. By force or by stealth. It had left a lot of time away from the compound and her duties. But did family not mean much to these barbaric apes?!

Fury would have encapsulated the return of the woman, great in power, lineage and position. She should have been respected and feared! Even was… But it seemed grasps at her position within the clan had been given while she was at her weakest. How could she have been forgotten so easily? It was maddening. And not only that, but it wasn’t quite her position to give in the first place. She was holding it. Saving it. For when she accepted it she said she would wait until the old fart’s grandson was ready to take up the mantle. And the little asshole was taking forever to grow the fuck up.

"Send for Sarutobi Yusuke. I will see him. NOW.”

It wouldn’t have taken long for the messenger to race away from Amai’s presence. Somewhat terrified but with a job to do. A young and lanky fellow, known for assisting Amai at least a few month’s back… He often worked in the administration building in the center of Konoha but upon Amai’s return he had taken it upon himself to fill her in on a few other details he had caught wind of… It wasn’t difficult to dig up dirt when Sarutobi ended up in the hospital at the same time after a ruckus in their own compound. They had been voting on a new leader. When they had one. He knew the lady would be upset but… she was downright furious. Perhaps he should have waited to see if she had found her daughter…

But it was too late. Racing away, he’d locate that Sarutobi Yusuke. Panting and breathless.

”Amai…. -pant- Sarutobi Am- -gasp- She would like to see you. -wheeze-"

The guy doubled over and hands on his knees, shaking slightly as his search had taken him far too long to find the adventurous blond youth. But his message was given. And if it wasn’t obvious it was urgent, he’d give a little time to recover and then be adamant in shooing Yusuke off. To Amai’s home. She was waiting for him. He must be off!

--------------------------------------------

has written 786 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]May 21, 2019 14:51:40 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation
Yusuke walked out onto the street with a smile in his face. The small shop behind him specialized in shinobi equipment and Yusuke had sought it out. He had been out of the hospital for a few days, and after the loss of his staff and one of his flak jackets in his fight against his father he had decided perhaps it was time to upgrade.

The weaponsmith had been a huge help, as had the tailor inside. After a few short hours figuring out exactly what he needed from his new attire and equipment he had placed his order and been told to return at the end of the week.

He had spent pretty much all his disposable income, having just enough left on him to perhaps pick up a meal. He wore his spare flak jacket, a floral scent still clinging to it. Sada had worm it recently, and whatever perfume she had been wearing at the time had lingered. It was a pleasant reminder for the Saruobi of his lover.

As he walked down the street he experienced a very different sensation than he was used to. Before throwing in for clan head most either gave him judgemental glances or simply ignored him. Now he could see a group here or there turn to look at him, whispering.

Gossip was spreading. His actions of facing down his father had earned him a bit of respect in the clan, which seemed to have outstretched to some of the others in the village. Unfortunately, for every person that seemed to suddenly support his claim to the position, there were plenty who stood in outright opposition.

"What a pain. Why did I do this to myself?" He asked with a sigh.

A lanky young man came running down the street, gasping for air. His eyes seeming to buldge out of his head for a moment when he saw Yusuke. He delivered his message.

Shit.

Lady Amai was the leader of the Sarutobi, she had been gone for some time. Her sudden return and request for Yusuke to see her was probably a bad sign. A healthy bit of fear for the woman propelled Yusuke into action and he vaulted up to a stall roof and began sprinting across the rooftops.

Even with his weights slowing him down he made it to Lady Amai's home in record time and as he leapt down, landing before her door and knocking he had a sense of dread hanging over him.
Yusuke has written 440 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jun 1, 2019 21:15:07 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull

At least the message was delivered… The youth had a little bit of trouble getting it out between gasping breaths, but he would fulfil his duty. Afterall, he didn’t want to be the next one to face Amai… not in this mood at least. So he sent the other Sarutobi on his way. He’d… have to get a bit of a breather. Amai wouldn’t want him eavesdropping on some clan conversation anyway. So, the poor assistant and messenger would be off to do other work. Preferably some that didn’t involve sprinting around the village looking for one monkey for another.

Yusuke would be off as well. He hadn’t delayed once he knew he was summoned. Perhaps didn’t look pleased? But no less was on his way. To the rooftops and making good time, the man’s acrobatics and light feet helping him along his way. A troublesome rat as some knew him, careless, and now apparently with dreams of pride and grandeur. Though there were now rumors spread that he was fitting for such dreams. Who could tell though? And Amai wasn’t happy at all with where the rumors started.

A fight among her clan… Sarutobi gathered to find a new head. It was insulting and infuriating. What right did they have? He’d make it to her home quickly and swiftly, the knock on her door given and only a few seconds until it would be answered. Door opened and stern face of the usual happy go lucky Sarutobi Head, she’d let her figure slide past him and close the door surprisingly hard. A thick thud as the wood met frame, her passing him with only giving a single half second to have eyes meet.

"Come.”

The word was rather brash, irritated, and completely commanding. She had her own daughter to take care of, a clan to lead, and a position in the village high upon the ladder. She had authority and knew how to wield it, as was obvious in both walk and tone.

He would follow, or he’d suffer…

"I have heard there was a meeting among the Sarutobi while I was gone. Recently, I might add. What happened?”

It wasn’t curiosity that fueled that question, it was bitter irritation. But she’d hear him out and hear his side. It was part of why he was called. Hearing about a meeting from her assistant and rumors flying about was hardly factual information to be relied upon. She’d ask some elders later. But for now, Yusuke was questioned.

has written 786 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jun 2, 2019 14:28:36 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
Lady Amai answered almost as soon as Yusuke's knuckles had wrapped on the wooden door. The woman was usually an energetic and happy person, at least from Yusuke's small experience with her. This time however, she seemed contained, yet quietly furious. If looks could kill his heart would have stopped beating right then, and her single word as as commanding as anything the young, blonde man had heard before.

He followed, as as they began to walk she asked about the meeting, her voicing practically dripping with irritation. Normally that would have made Yusuke carefully measure his response, but instead he felt a surge of irritation of his own. He hadn't asked for this.

"Apparently while you were gone some of the clan members wanted a meeting about leadership. I was late, but by the time I got there they had started the vote." He said simply.

"Oran had them basically eating out of his hands. My father was going to get the position, no one else was speaking up or stepping forward so I made a call." He continued.

His right hand clenched into a fist at the thought of the meeting, and what had followed.

"He wanted to scold me, and make an example of anyone who would stand up in opposition to him. We fought, he was too caught up in being angry at me to take it seriously. He underestimated me, and we wound up knocking each other out. In the end his actions made me look more competent. Irony I know." He concluded.

He wasn't known for holding his tongue, and for some reason being before the woman was making the situation seem all the more frustrating.

"So now everyone is trying to decide if they want me or him. I didn't call the meeting, I don't know why they chose to move against you. All I know is I wasn't going to let that cold hearted bastard take over the clan. So I've been moving to challenge him, meeting with others and getting as much support as I can. If its him or me I'm going to make sure its me. I'd apologize, but if I could go back and do it over I'd make the same choice." He concluded.

And for the first time in his life Yusuke made a smart choice. He shut up. She had asked what had happened. He had told her, and he had spoken more than he should have. If their was to be an explosion to follow, or some sort of payment to be made because of his words he was better off awaiting it then triggering it even more by not knowing how to keep his mouth shut.

So he walked, preparing for the worst.
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jun 12, 2019 2:25:23 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull

The walk was brisk with little time nor effort wasted. She knew where she was going. Weaving through the streets of the clan compound would have been natural to her and likely to Yusuke. But there would have been a difference in Amai today. Her typical carefree and more amused demeanor was significantly dampened and irritated. She hadn’t liked the news she got upon returning. Treachery! She could have shouted. Where was the Will of Fire and integrity in her clan?! It was disappointing and infuriating to come back to such news as to have her overthrown from her position.

But alas. That’s what had happened. And the happening had prompted a little more digging and questioning what her next move might be. She could throttle the threat and put people in their place, that would be no issue. Even Oran could be shoved back into his position by her might. She was no pushover, despite her young age. As they spoke, Yusuke would have been able to note the direction they were going if he decided to pay attention. Within the clan there was a sort of residence for some of the monkeys that found themselves particularly loyal to the clan. Some might have called them familiars at a glance, but they were far from simple animal. It was there that they would be headed. A ‘stables’ if they would have been a clan that focused upon the equine. But as it was, not so.

It would be his answer she looked for in their walk. Listening to him and finding herself irked by the fact that he might talk back to her as if she might be at fault. Or maybe he were just irritated. She didn’t temper her own anger with that realization though. Just let it burn. There was plenty to be mad about in her position.

"Anyone deciding between Oran or you is a fool. My position is not open.”

Bluntly and angrily stated. Yusuke might have stepped in to keep Oran from taking over, but he hadn’t stepped in for the actual leader of the clan. The fact that her clan was in such story state was… saddening. They should have been a proud and loyal clan, not one of backstabbers. But yet while she searched for her own flesh and blood, she was attempted to be thrown out. It was too bad for them that she was burning with the Will of Fire and would not be dealt with as such!

"I would be less disappointed if anyone had actually taken my side in that catastrophe. What kind of loyalty was shown? How do any of you even call yourselves Sarutobi.”

The last line near spit out. She was a half blood Sarutobi. Uzumaki being the other half, in that moment she felt she had more loyalty to her clan than any of those who rose to replace her. Had she done any wrong by them that they chose such a thing?! It seemed more like a rise for power than for good.

But stopping at her destination, just outside the large building that housed a fair few monkeys from their contract, she’d pause at the door. Stopping and looking over the young blonde. He was troublesome, young, and foolish. Some would have compared him to her, but she had long grown out of that.

"So Yusuke. Think you’re ready to be clan leader?”

She’d pause momentarily, almost as if she might give him time to answer. But wouldn’t. She’d continue.

"Why don’t we ask Enma.”

Line delivered flatly and then she’d turn, opening the door into the building and letting him follow if he dared. It was a huge building. Almost similar to that of a stables but with rooms built rather than stalls. Large rooms, some featuring multiple smaller summons and others empty. They were free to come and go as they pleased, of course. They had their own residence that they could be. But some remained. Some wandered the compound and one… very important one… stayed in the upper story of the building. A room all his own where he kept himself busy and had been greeted often by Amai when she was present. Left to his own devices when she wasn’t. He was quite capable on his own afterall.

has written 786 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jun 12, 2019 5:27:16 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
As Amai walked Yusuke realized where they were heading and his stomach gave a little flip of anxiety. The "Monkey House" as he had affectionately titled it was a common place for the Sarutobi to go. He himself went there often to have tea with Sake, play Shogi with Mohka, spend time with the monkeys of the leaf. The fact that Amai was taking him there could not at all be good news. She spoke in her blazing anger, calling the clan fools.

"You'll get no argument from me there." He said simply.

His restraints were helping. He was trying to speak as little as possible. It was vary much unlike him, and the pressure of his anger at the situation made it all the harder. And then came her insult. The wall he had built up to hold back his tongue crumbled as his fists clenched.

"Loyalty?" He said the word coming out hard, "Where was my loyalty? Why didn't I speak up for you? I'm sorry where have you been my whole life?"

The frustration swelled within him, a storm that threatened to break free of him.

"When Oran beat me as a child, pretending it was for training did you take my side? When the elders sent me on missions I wasn't ready for hoping I wouldn't come back did you speak up? When they called me the dancing leaf shinobi to mock me did you tell anyone to stop? You might be shocked by the ugly side of the Sarutobi but I've been dealing with it since I was seven."

And once the boulder had started to roll he found it nearly impossible to stop it.

"Yes it was a disgrace. I didn't want this. The fact that Oran has been coveting your position for as long as I can remember isn't really a secret. The fact that he had garnered enough support to have the meeting in the first place meant we were way past me coming in and saying anything. Do you really think me walking in saying 'Oh Lady Amai will be back, we shouldn't do this' was going to change anything. You think anyone would have listened to me? To me? The only reason I have even the smallest amount of respect now is cause I faced Oran."

He took deep breaths, calming himself as they reached their destination. She asked him a question, and then confirmed their purpose there. Enma. Yusuke had only met the monkey once, the leader and seat of power amongst the summons. It was known that Amai and he had forged a powerful alliance over the years. This meeting was sure to not go well.

But as Amai walked in Yusuke found himself moving behind her. He was many things, but a coward wasn't one of them.

And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jun 12, 2019 20:06:33 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull

At least Yusuke didn’t seem to be egging her on. The clan was being foolish in attempting to overthrow her… Oran had always been troublesome, but she had never thought that he was disloyal. An unfortunate oversight on her part, but something that would need dealing with. It was infuriating that it had come to this, but more disappointing. Something she let him know and… something that broke him into letting her know his thoughts too.

Amai wouldn’t have seen the body shifts, but would have noticed the harsh word spouted. She could feel the hair on the back of her neck stand up as she restrained herself from turning around and slapping him. Just barely would she let him get out what he wanted to say. First still walking for his bit of spouted nonsense. Then turning to him when they reached the doors of the Monkey House. He gave his last little spiel.

"You seem to forget that this isn’t about just me. Or just you. This is about the integrity of a clan. A head of the clan should be respected unless leading them astray or causing malfunctions among the people. Was I doing that? No. What occurred was jealousy and arrogance. You stood up against Oran, you faced him. But for yourself. Not for the clan and not for the one who heads it. Now I advise you shut your damn mouth, before I dismiss you without giving you why I called for you.”

That’s when she’d turn, open the doors and ask if he was ready to be clan leader. But bitterly. There was a harshness to it now that might not have been there otherwise. Perhaps he wasn’t as grown as she was hoping he was. Regardless, she’d let him know that they were speaking to Enma. Walking inside the building without turning back to him further.

"Be respectful. I won’t be stopping him if he gets offended and lashes out. Think you can handle that?”

It was hypothetical, no answer needed. A jab at him in her aggravation without her throwing a look his way. Ascending the stairs and a few looks coming their way from summons that might have seen them pass. Amai would offer short bows but not stop. And while many might have normally approached, she gave off the air of not having the time and not being in a particularly good mood. It would be towards the back of the upper story that she’d go. Down a long hallway with a variety of rooms on each side. Some open with beds and shelves. Others with stores of food or a collection of books to make a small library. It would be that back door she would slide open. A grand room. Weapons and décor about the walls with exquisite furniture within that was quite large. All to accommodate the King that sat within the middle of the room. Meditating. There would be a grumbling voice and eyes slowly open.

"It has been a while, Amai. I trust your travels went well?”

A bow of her head and a guide of her hand out towards Yusuke would follow.

"Arguably successful. But I’m not here for a social visit, we can catch up more later. I assume you’re aware of the meeting that ended in a fight between Oran and Yusuke?”

She walked in, towards the King of the Monkeys and sat down on the floor across from him. The large creature shifting his position and hands coming to the ground. More relaxed positioning but eyes and expression level as not to tell much. Gaze would shift to Yusuke, then to Amai.

"Yes. I told you that Oran needed put in his place. What of it?”

"I think Yusuke should let you know his side. Then maybe you can weigh in on if his old man would approve or not.”

has written 786 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jun 13, 2019 6:32:20 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
As Yusuke finished speaking he saw the tension in Amai, the fury that burned within her. His words had been emotional, and he had let his temper get out if hand. When the Clan Head spoke and ordered him to shut his mouth he did just that.

The worst of it was that as he stood there processing her words, he realized that she was right. A twisting knife of shame settled in his gut, and when she spoke again before entering he didn't reply, he simply followed, thinking.

Even the summons of the clan seemed to avoid the woman, their animal instincts clever and attuned to tell she was not in the mood to be spoken to or stopped. The Monkey House was a lively place, and its décor was a work of art by the Sarutobi, a place of relaxation and home for the summons.

They entered the large chamber in the back and Yusuke saw the massive monkey sitting in the center of the floor. He was meditating, an aged monkey with a powerful frame. The King would speak and his voice was a deep and powerful bass.

Amai replied and Yusuke offered a bow to Enma as well. He followed the woman and sat down as well, off to her right. Enma's seemingly all knowing gaze rested in him for a moment and when Amai put Yusuke on the spot he felt his mouth go dry.

"Oran has felt himself entitled to lead the clan. He has been gaining support little by little and in Lady Amai's absence he called a meeting, intending to take her place. I opposed him and.." Yusuke said, trailing off.

He sighed.

"Apologies Lord Enma but before I continue there is something I need to say to Lady Amai" he said, turning to look at the woman.

"What you said outside. About it not being about you or me, but about the clan. You were right. I could have faced Oran because I knew he would be a bad leader, because he is callous and cold, and because he is obsessed with his own ego. And that would have been one thing, but you were right again. I faced him for myself, because of my own feelings. I may have not planned to usurp you, or take over as he did, but my actions ended up much the same. You did not deseeve this. I didn't speak on your behalf, and I didn't show you the support I would have wanted, had our positions been reversed. And for that I apologize." He said, bowing to her.

He looked back at Enma.

"My side, is the Sarutobi. The clan is divided, Oran pulls at their want for honor and glory. We have defended the village since its creation, but some have lost their desire to nurture it, to help it grow. I do believe the clan needs change, but what is happening now isn't the way it should be done." He said.

He bowed his head to the King of Monkeys.

"We are in a mess, one I stupidly helped create. We need to reunite the clan" he said.

And in that moment Yusuke realized that the resentment he had always felt towards the clan was not warranted. He had allowed his opinion of his father to shape his view of the whole clan. He had undertaken every task they gave him as an annoyance, as him being foeces to serve an ancient and useless organization. But the Sarutobi were a family, and more than that they were a force for good in the village. That was worth giving his all

"So Lord Enma, Lady Amai, how may I serve you?" He said simply.
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Jul 7, 2019 2:27:18 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull

At least he knew to shut up.

They could get to Enma without his ramblings about why he was justified. Or why she should weep over him. Thankfully it was a silent walk through the monkey house and to their destination. Speaking between herself and the Monkey King was typical. He was rather short and brash, or could be. He was seated about all of those within the summon contract and largely due to who he was. And when he died? Another would become he.

Bows were offered and the reason for the meeting was drawing closer and a little bit more clear. Greeting exchanged and a little deeper dug. Yusuke would explain his side. Now… one should have wondered why a Monkey King would ever care about the youth’s side. Had it mattered? Neither Yusuke nor Oran were getting the Clan Head seat. And the situation was one for Amai to deal with in her position.

Or supposedly.

Yusuke began his explanation and in his pause, just after his sigh, the summon had just about to say that he had known all these things. No side was being told there, simply what occurred. But rather than cut the boy off, he found himself watching all the more intently. Pausing in the story to himself and instead watching Yusuke redirect towards Amai. He’d find the Clan Leader looking at him, solid stare and hard to read. Perhaps irritation, but who could know? He had stopped what she asked and interrupted his own tale to Enma in order to address her. Should she be flattered? It was also something he’d never see.

But in the end, she’d simply nod. Accepting the apology, or seeming to, then waving her hand slowly out in the direction towards Enma, encouraging once again to finish what he had started…. Damn circus blood had him hopping all over…

The monkey watched on. The apology to Amai. And then listening to the odd take on his ‘side’ of the story. No side was given, but more thoughts. He was for the Sarutobi. He acted foolishly but with hopeful or good intentions. A bow given at least to show respect, then further suggestion. All ending with a culmination on how to serve both the Clan Head and Monkey King.

And Yusuke would get the grand prize of silence. Moments ticked by and lengthened into a minute. Two minutes. And perhaps dragging on further. Eyes looking clearly over Yusuke and taking his time. Appraising and thinking. Something Amai seemed to have plenty of patience for, for she too remained still and quiet as Enma didn’t speak.

Only to finally give words.

"Do you know who your grandfather is, boy?”

A pause would be given after booming words. Curious as to his answer, or at least expecting something of it. Another test or just a simple question. But he waited regardless of what it was.

has written 786 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Feb 4, 2020 17:20:28 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
The silence that followed Yusuke's words was the loudest thing he could ever remember. Amai and Enma simply sat, the elder monkey looking Yusuke over. Seconds ticked by, Yusuke fought not to fidget, or to speak. He had left the ball in the Monkey King's court. To speak would be to appear as if back peddling.

When Enma finally spoke. He asked a question. A question about Yusuke's grandfather.

"My Grandfather?" Yusuke said, surprise in his voice.

Benjiro Sarutobi had been an old man when Yusuke came to live with his father. He had been everything Oran wasn't. His grandfather would laugh with him, tell jokes to Yusuke. On nights when Oran would send Yusuke to bed without dinner the old man would always pop in, a tray with a hot meal in his arms.

"He was kind," Yusuke said simply, "Always busy, but made time for me."

In truth Benjiro had been perhaps the most pleasant part of growing up in the Sarutobi compound. He would sit and ask Yusuke about his life at the circus, and was the only person to tell him to be true to himself. He had passed when Yusuke was a teenager, and it had been years since the young Sarutobi had thought of him.

"Pardon my bluntness Sir, but what does my grandfather have to do with the situation we find ourselves in?" Yusuke asked.
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Mar 10, 2020 20:27:04 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull

At the very least the silence would have hung uncontested. The blonde youth not interrupting nor breaking that stillness as he was looked over thoroughly. Nothing to change until Enma willed it to, as it should be. A question. That was what broke it all, and then came an answer.

One that…. Lacked. A question in return of a question, but with the Monkey King at least patient enough to realize that was no true response. Or if it was, he certainly was going to remain still and quiet as to prod the boy to make a further response. Because it was obvious what the answer would have been. Yes. His Grandfather. The question being if he knew who he was.

The answer eventually given didn’t get much of a reaction from the Monkey King, Enma sitting there listening to the overly short answer. Kind. Busy but made time. And focused upon himself. The summon staring straight towards the youthful blond without moving a muscle as once again there would have been silence to appraise that answer.

Only… this time Yusuke couldn’t help himself. Enma barely given a moment to actually settle in and think that answer over before the chunin had opened his mouth. Questioning what was going on before anything had even begun. There would have been an irritable quake through the great monkey. And then a huff of air from his nostrils as he looked the blond straight in the eye. He didn’t like to be rushed… But with a roll back of large and furry shoulders, he would let that tension drop. Then a closed fist to smack to the floor. Hard and thudded, but no damage other than perhaps a soft dip in the wood.

"Strong. Honest. True. …Patient. Sarutobi Benjiro was an honored and respected Head of the Sarutobi Clan. He lead your members in great ways, full of understanding yet steeled nerve. Your grandfather made time for more than you. You were important. As was the whole of the Sarutobi. All were his kin among this family.”

Heavy words that came out almost as if he were demanding or accusing Yusuke of something. Amai simply watching. She had said she wouldn’t step in if Yusuke did something to aggravate the summon, and it seemed that was holding true. Observing. Silent. The dark skinned woman to watch as the little situation unfolded.

"You lack that patience and that selflessness. Your strength hardly matches his. But there is still an honest and true heart that you gained from him. You are his grandson. But you put him to shame by not living up to his name and your full potential.”

Harsher that time. Truly digging into the young Sarutobi with that evaluation. No doubt the youth to feel slighted in some areas that he wouldn’t have considered he’d lack. Yet Enma not seeming to doubt his thoughts in the slightest.

"There is no situation we ‘find ourselves in’. It was caused. Intentionally by decisions from those within the Clan. So answer your own question, Sarutobi Yusuke. What do you think Sarutobi Benjiro has to do with the situation you are in now?”

has written 786 posts
And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Mar 11, 2020 9:10:46 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke realized his mistake in speaking the moment he saw Enma’s reaction. Inhuman, intelligent eyes bored into his as the Monkey King let out a huff, his closed fist smacking the wooden floor, piercing the quiet in the room. As he looked Yusuke over. Then Enma spoke. His grandfather had been a Clan Head? Why was this the first Yusuke was hearing of that? Enma continued and Yusuke felt the sting of the words. A piercing assessment, but one the young Sarutobi couldn’t argue with. Enma turned the question around, demanding an answer from Yusuke.

And to his own surprise, he stopped and thought. Perhaps he was picking up on the old summons attitude. Conversation was not to be rushed, answers were not to be given lightly. Something was off about this meeting, and he had been too on edge to think it over. His summons from Amai had made sense. He had after all laid claim to her position. He had made the assumption this meeting was to be her retribution for the act, and to lay down any hopes he had of taking the position, but what if he was wrong?

If it was about chastising him, Amai had the power and the right to do it. If it was about the meeting, then his father should have been there as well. He evaluated the exchange so far. Enam had made it clear he held no love for Yusuke’s father, and that his claim for Clan Head should have been stopped long ago, yet the summon had not said the same for Yusuke. Instead he had brought up the blonde’s grandfather, whom had apparently been a clan head before Amai, and proceeded to evaluate Yusuke to the high bar that his grandfather had set, showing his shortcomings but also claiming he shared some of the elder’s qualities. He had never had a personal exchange with Enma, but the monkey spoke as if he had held high expectations of Yusuke. Like he had expected this conversation to come one day, and had found himself surely disappointed in what he saw before him. An idea tickled the back of Yusuke’s mind.

Oran’s every distancing relationship with Benjiro as Yusuke grew. His grandfather’s ever growing interest in the young boy. His father’s hate for Amai. Yusuke held his fathers behavior and attitude towards the Clan Head against the way he had acted towards Yusuke. Behind the authority he held over his son, it was the same. Icey rage grew into a snowstorm in Yusuke’s mind, clearing away doubt and distraction. His fist clenched as he stood before Enma.

”I’ve been a fool.” He whispered to himself.

His father’s actions being viewed through a new lens changed everything. Trainings that were more beating than teaching. Lectures on how he needed to live up to the clan name, but always given with the constant undertone of pointing out Yusuke’s lack of talent or inability to succeed. Being assigned missions that kept him away from the village almost constantly, isolating him from his fellow clansmen. Enma had said it was the choices of his clan members who had brought on this situation, and Yusuke knew that Oran more than anyone had made this situation. He took a breath, trying to balance himself and looked at the Monkey King.

”He didn’t want my father to lead. He was kind and cared for the clan, Oran cares only for power and fighting. He placed Amai in his position above my father, his own son, and Oran never forgave him. My grandfather wanted someone else to eventually take the spot didn’t he? Its why Oran was so angry when I challenged him, why he was…afraid. Why he constantly worked all my life to keep me beaten down and stop me from growing. I let him, I should have been preparing for this conflict my whole life. Instead I’ve wasted years skating by. Sarutobi Benjiro appointed me as heir didn’t he? But I wasn’t ready, so he wanted to wait till I was. Only I never pushed myself to be ready, and now Oran’s made his move to take the spot, and here I am, having spent years proving I shouldn’t be what my grandfather wanted me to be.” He said.

It made sense. The cold fury growing. How could his father do this? His own son, he had slowly destroyed his own son. All for power. It was sick, it was wrong. Cold, determined eyes looked out at the Monkey King

”I’m not going to let that happen.” Yusuke said, more to himself then either of the pair on the room.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text

And the Gold Goes to? [Yusuke]Apr 9, 2020 15:04:35 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull

Silence somehow found in the unrelenting youth, Enma would wait patiently for his answer. Eyes still boring down on the young Yusuke, apparently much of the knowledge of Benjiro having not been passed on nor sought out by the youth. Whatever the case, the question was still his.

So when the first words came, the older summon would have a rush of air through his nostrils. Almost as if laughing at the boy, or perhaps slightly frustrated with him and agreeing in that admittance. It had been a means of agreement though, a single and solid nod along with that breath while still staring the boy down. Yes. He’d been a fool.

"Oran is a fool to think he could overtake Amai. Even if she has not silenced him as of yet.”

Harsh words spoken but with a level tone when speaking of Oran. He clearly did not care very much for the man’s reach for power, but neither did Enma sound angry nor worried. Simply stating the fact that it was foolish to oppose Amai, for she was immensely strong, capable, and had great respect. Even if many were forgetting it in her absence… No, the tone shifted more towards Amai, an almost ‘i told you so,’ sort of hint to it as he looked briefly to the woman. A huff of breath received in return by her as well, no doubt not appreciating the reprimand in front of the younger Sarutobi. No words spoken though, for Enma was focused back on Yusuke immediately.

"A look of lacking emotion would have never been found within Benjiro. Temper your anger. You are still not ready, your youth and rashness are still far too strong.”

A large breath, slow and steady inhale was taken by the beast as he stared long and hard at the boy. If Yusuke had attempted to speak, large hand would have been held up. Repeated if he ever got to sit it back down. And if Yusuke pushed to try and talk past that gesture? A beating of Enma’s fist to the ground. A steadily growing anger in his own expression. And baring of teeth would have been the last warning if Yusuke truly wished to push the giant so far.

Otherwise, minutes would pass in silence. Thinking on how he was going to advise. Long moments that could drag on for as long as one would let their mind wander. And then, finally something.

"You will take Azula or Saki with you at all times. Alternate between them. One is older and wiser without an action wasted, fully devoted to this clan and his brethren. Azula, my student, has your energy and spark, but you must both temper your anger. Grow, young Sarutobi. Or your cold eyes can follow the steps of your father instead of your grandfather.”

His advice given. And while Amai wouldn’t show it, it wasn’t exactly the end result she had been hoping for. A nod given and thanks said by the woman, she’d wait to see if Yusuke had any words further. Time left to the boy if he took it.

has written 786 posts