Pamphlet in Guidance office reads "So you have the Rinnegan"

compose a reply
Pamphlet in Guidance office reads "So you have the Rinnegan"Jul 11, 2019 19:47:39 GMT -5
Cosmic
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Cosmic Avatar
groupnull
age 24 years old birthday April 17 rank occupation
Hey Y'all!

So I'm pretty sure the Rinnegan with all of its paths in one person would be wayyyy too OP to have for this site which I totally get, BUT what if instead of 1 person having all 6 paths we split it up so that 6 different people can have just one of the paths. Also no village can have more than one character with a path. I also recognize that right off the bat one of the paths is literally just chakra (ninjutsu) absorption so we may have to replace it with a new idea. (Although personally I think it'd be ok cause in canon there are ways to circumvent/beat this path pretty easily). What do you all think? It just kinda popped in my head and I wanted different opinions. Who knows, maybe it can work!
has written 0 posts
Pamphlet in Guidance office reads "So you have the Rinnegan"Jul 17, 2019 4:01:03 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
It's somewhat amusing as, if I recall correctly, the splitting it into different paths is exactly how it had been set up here in the past.

Unfortunately a past member abused it and it had been taken off site. Perhaps it'll show up again someday. Perhaps not.
has written 786 posts
Pamphlet in Guidance office reads "So you have the Rinnegan"Jul 20, 2019 20:34:54 GMT -5
Cosmic
Cosmic Avatar
groupnull
age 24 years old birthday April 17 rank occupation
Well darn it definitely isn't fun when someone does that. I hope so too. Some of the paths are really neat and I'd love to see them on the site! Plus it'll allow more people access to cool abilities :D
has written 0 posts
Pamphlet in Guidance office reads "So you have the Rinnegan"Jul 29, 2019 18:11:13 GMT -5
Tantetsu, Kosuke
Alive
Tantetsu, Kosuke Avatar
groupnull
age 61 years old birthday January 25th rank Elite Jōnin occupation Jōnin Hanchō
If I can chime in; I have some ideas about how to make it more balanced.

Because it’s the Rinnegan, of course there are some things more worrying than others, but I’d like to start at the basics; characters on creation, and permissions granted to them and the like. This is also my reservation for the deva path if they get allowed.

General SAs should require Chakra Supply and a slot for the Rinnegan - although I personally believe if someone obtains another rinnegan on top of their own, it shouldn’t cost another slot, but add onto their pre-existing one. They could also have a spot in the Special Abilities/Weapons index rather than be their own reserved position ala Jin/Sages, helping further limit them.

Having a cross between the Nukenin and Jinchuriki rules might be the way to go - forcibly making any Path DE’d, and require progression similar to that of a jin in order to gain more access to their path’s abilities. Some of them might be more gradual, such as the Animal Path getting more summons, or the Asura Path getting more equipment. Others would be more weighted, such as the Human and Naraka path only really having one technique. The Deva and Preta would be more awkward to measure out, but it could easily be that certain technique levels can only be acquired after training X threads or X amount of EXP.

On the grounds of EXP, let’s move onto purchases. Because none or the paths would be allowed clans or the like (duh), the path techs could be weighted as if they were neither of the user’s specializations, even if they might be - on account of the eyes being a weird hyper genetic deformity. "But Snake,” you might ask, "can’t they just begin with path techniques anyway?” Sure can, but let’s say you limit any Path to only starting at Chunin or lower, and that concern mostly evaporates.

From there on, concerns of "Well the animal path only needs kuchiyose to be useful” and "the asura path is too powerful from equipment” to "the preta path can absorb a ton of chakra anyway!” Rise up as issues. From there, I have some contributions.

Break the Asura Path’s equipment down into a few items that can be used normally, and then add jutsu that transform/enhance them. For the Animal, make each summon require its own Jutsu, on top of the Summoning Enhancement thing; probably with multiple versions for ranks.

These are just some rough ideas to contribute; if yall decide to go this direction.
Snake has written 40 posts
Pamphlet in Guidance office reads "So you have the Rinnegan"Aug 2, 2019 15:45:57 GMT -5
Aika
Aika Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
While we appreciate the attempts and thought process to make the rinnegan acceptable on site for the foreseeable future it won’t be. Staff take a lot of things into consideration, we plan a lot of things too.

Sorry guys. You’ll have to remain happy with your Jins/Sages/other special characters.
has written 234 posts

quick reply

compose a reply