compose a reply
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 15, 2019 22:22:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho

a falling star fell from your heart.

"Hmm...No..not that....Sheesh, its like trying to pick out a gift for mom and dad..."

Arashi would look around the shopping stands along the strip, her hand cupped beneath her face as Ai would remain close to her heels. The small pup seemed to tilt his head to the side, unsure of just what his owner was on about, but still happy enough to be with her. It was rare for her to take him on trips outside of the village, even less so without the pack itself. So having Arashi to himself was probably the one important thing on his mind right then and there. Though her seeming so distressed did put a bit of a damper on things.

Arashi wasn't even sure why she was so concerned about getting just the right thing. It was just for Asahi after all. Her on and off again crush and friend. Truth be told, considered how she had approached him on the matter of how they felt about each other, she didn't think it would even be accepted. He had been focused on his exams..which she got, but now that it was over, they were supposed to talk.

But they hadn't...

"Ugh! Gonna drive myself crazy over a boy...its totally pathetic..."

Slumping up against the wall, she'd place both hands over her face, shaking her head.

Still, even if they didn't get together, she still wanted to keep him as a friend. Friends were already starting to come in short supply and one of her oldest possibly hated her for the rest of time.

"Maybe I don't bring up the conversation at all? Yea...I'll just go over and say...Here! Congrats on becoming a Chunin! You're gonna be great!"

Roleplaying it out in the open, she realized how she likely appeared, her face turning slightly read before looking down toward the small canine, picking him up with a smirk.

"I'm stressing out too much aren't I? I should just...go with my gut huh?"

The puppy would bark, soon licking the teen across the cheek before as Arashi giggled lightly as she placed him down.

"Okay...so..lets thing...go with what you know he'll like..."

000WORDS FOR N/A amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;nbsp;― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
Kaze has written 2,708 posts
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 18, 2019 19:13:20 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

The past few months had been a whirlwind with his promotion to Chunin. The exams themselves had been a ridiculously harrowing experience but in totality only lasted a single day. To think, years of training and missions for one day's worth of work was... strange; even weirder was the fact that Asahi somehow managed to accrue the most points during the exam which made him top performer. To think, a silent kid from the desert doing that well in an event that was kept tabs on by just about everyone in the world. The only thing that would have made it better would have been actually making it to the end of the final round, and try he did but the final opponent proved far too strong for any of them. She was a jinchuriki like Arashi and her power was off the charts and whatever that final attack of hers was could have easily killed him had she not missed; but even a non-direct blast had enough force to send him flying off the platform. Perhaps he'd inquire about her to Arashi, maybe harboring a demon gave them a special connection. Then again, there was no guarantee she would even know of their existence. Well, that probably wasn't true, but it'd be short-sighted to think every jinchuriki knew each other.

Speaking of the sun-kissed girl, the two were supposed to have gotten together once the exams had ended and it was something that the Kyokujitsu had been putting off for a bit now. At first the new duties that came with his position seemed apt excuses and while he hadn't quite acclimated to constantly being within earshot of his... good friend's dad the time to make good on his promise was now upon him. Well, he'd get to that eventually but for now the newly appointed Chunin was enjoying one of the new perks of being a mid level ninja and that was being able to travel outside the village a bit more freely. He loved his home but after seeing the sheer amount of green in Taki a bit of wanderlust had set in. Asahi wanted to know if the rest of the world looked as amazing as that village, or at the very least what their aesthetic was. There was a bit more jingle to his pocket from the gifts given for being promoted so a trip to pick up a thing or two seemed in order.

Turning a corner would present another row of shops and people peddling various wares, a lot of it mildly enticing but nothing that warranted spending money just yet. Spectacled eyes would scan the area before settling on a most unexpected, yet delightful, sight: Arashi. Asahi's heart skipped what must have been half a dozen beats and he could hardly draw a normal sized breath. What in the world was she doing here?! Should he have ducked into an alleyway? Was it too late? Would she think Takato sent him to keep an eye on her? The boy found himself frozen in the middle of the street, thoughts racing but... no no, he had to get himself together. He was a chunin now! Being a scary kid was left behind in his genin years and he needed to start acting like one.

Taking a deep breath, Asahi would regain his composure before beginning to close the distance between himself and the girl. "How's it going, stranger?" He'd ask while instantly hating the words that came out of his mouth. Would it have killed him to act normal for like two seconds???

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 606 posts
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 18, 2019 19:56:48 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Arashi should have smelled Asahi the moment he appeared within the area. But in truth, her focus had already been on getting him a gift, not on him actually showing up. Thankfully, him announcing himself had alerted her to his arrival, along with Ai as the pup yipped and made his way in the boy's direction.

"A..Asahi? I mean um...Heyyyy"

Waving slightly in his direction, she'd blink before tilting her head as she crossed her arms with a calm expression.

After all, he did just call her "Stranger", which seemed a bit off from his usual greetings.

"Also...stranger? Wow...that one kinda came off the top of ya head huh?"

A small smile crossed her lips in her teasing, placing one hand upon her hip as she hid the small bag of ryo behind her back. She wasn't expecting him, even less that he'd be in the same area or zone as she was. If anything, Arashi thought he'd be too busy. His success in the exams had everyone full of excitement in Sunagakure. They were proud, as they should be. She hoped that he was too. Though that didn't help her problem as now he'd be wondering just what she was doing outside of the village.

"So..what brings ya out here? Enjoying the perks of Chunin freedom?"

Brushing her hair from her face, she'd keep her back close the side of the building, watching as Ai would continue to hold himself upright upon Asahi's leg, tongue lapping as he waited for the well deserved pet.

000WORDS FOR N/A amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;nbsp;― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 18, 2019 23:54:03 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

One surprised expression, another pleased at a familiar face. Arashi was justifiably shocked to see the boy pop up in the same small village as her but thankfully wasn't immediately suspicious of his reasoning. The pup on the other hand seemed pleased just to have another set of hands to give it a pat. The stranger remark, however, didn't go over all that well and it was clear that Asahi still wasn't all that quick witted. Promotion or not it still seemed that the boy had quite a bit to learn when it came to the art of women.

"I mean... it's just been a minute is all." He would reply somewhat more hesistant with his words now, or perhaps not so much hesistant as maybe just making sure not to make another bad impression within his first couple minutes of seeing Arashi for the first time in forever. As the pup stood upon its hind legs begging for ear scritches, the boy would bend to a knee to oblige. Arashi had so many dogs in her care that it was tough to keep track of them all, especially after so long without seeing them.

Arashi's inquiry was one to be expected and she hadn't immediately accused him, or her father moreso, of sending people to keep a watchful eye. Then again did she even know that Asahi had been assigned as a bodyguard for Takato? It had to be common knowledge in that household, right? Quite a few in the village knew either from asking the boy directly what his plans were after being promoted or hearing from word of mouth, and while Asahi had considered a few options for his next path he decided that being directly under the strongest shinobi he knew could only help him improve. But! If she wasn't going to bring it up then neither would he.

Turning his attention to the girl a nod would first be given in response. "Pretty much, yeah. Being in Taki and seeing that completely different landscape made me want to get out of Suna and see what else the world had to offer, but I can only go so far so... here I am." He'd add with a slight smile. "And what about you? Kind of far just to be taking this one for a walk." Asahi would question while pointing at the pup.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 19, 2019 8:46:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

"Well...yea..there's that..but...I mean..it isn't like I didn't see ya kickin butt out there..."

Rubbing the back of her neck, she'd continue to keep her back to the wall, clutching the cloth bag of money tight in her hand as he began to pet Ai. It was a valuable distraction, allowing the girl to simply let her sand do the work of twisting around her fingertips, looping silently into the air before attaching the object back upon her hip. It had only been a moment, but just as the boy seemed to look back over in her direction, she'd look back at him sharply, allowing the small sand construct to disappear into the wind as no more then dust. Flashing him a wide grin, she'd nod her head before then adding to his comment.

"I get it...When I first became a Chunin, the first thing I wanted to do was just get away and see what else was out there. It's hard not to want it when you've been to another village for the exams and see what they have to offer in other places..."

With the small dog now licking up at Asahi's hand, Arashi began to think on to her first days as a Chunin. Granted, she was given a little more freedom and the chance to leave the village from time to time. But, it was still limited and she was always being watched. She never saw their faces, but she could smell them on the wind and they were never too far away. It was honestly just something that she had grown used to over time. Even now as she was....

For a moment, Arashi just raised her brow as she looked at Asahi with a calm expression. Was he also..no..couldn't have been the case. He'd never be able to keep it to himself...right?

Shaking her head, she'd pull herself away from her thoughts, realizing the question that had been directed at her.

"Wha?..Oh! I...um...well..I….I mean..WE...were...on a mission..."

Ai would sit himself down on the ground next to the boy's foot, leg lifted up as he began to scratch eagerly at his pointed ear. This would leave Arashi a bit out in the cold, pointing her to have to continue to work this story out alone.

"Yea...it's a mission..that requires a small dog....and getting...a...cat?..No!Chew toy...a rare one...From..Konohagakure!"

Staring towards Asahi, she'd then narrow her eyes as she crossed her arms with a serious expression.

"I'm not crazy...just before you even think it...This is a normal thing that owners of animals do all the time..."

last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Sept 19, 2019 8:47:03 GMT -5
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 20, 2019 19:06:31 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Taking compliments was still a work in progress for the boy and the last few months had only helped a slight bit. He was getting congratulations from family, friends, strangers and most of what he would reply with was just a simple nod and thanks; it didn't help that this time the praise was coming from Arashi which made it all that more important and slightly embarrassing. "Ah I mean, just doing what I could is all." He'd reply trying not to bring too much attention to his time in the exams. He didn't really enjoy talking about himself or being in the spotlight and had gotten really good at changing the subject during his short life.

What he hadn't expected when inquiring Arashi's reason for being out this way was a stammering mess of an excuse. Asahi was naiive in some ways but he wasn't stupid. He very much doubted that Suna would accept such a request that required one of their shinobi to not only leave the village, but leave it in search of a chew toy. The girl was hiding something but exactly what still remained a mystery... for now. Getting a fancy chew toy by itself wasn't that bad, in fact it made perfect sense considering just how many dogs the girl was taking care of, but a whole mission for it was not the best excuse she could have come up with.

"..... I see. Well, it doesn't look like you've found it yet so could I interest you two in some help?" The Kyokujitsu would ask with a smile. He didn't exactly know what was going to happen next but figured that spending some time with Arashi couldn't be a bad thing. "So what exactly does this rare chew toy look like, and what makes it so special?" Asahi would ask trying his best to get the girl to further dig herself in a hole.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 21, 2019 12:10:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

It seemed like a successful lie. After all, he hadn't really questioned it and it would make sense that she'd want to do something that had to deal with her animals. Maybe it wasn't a mission per say, but it was still something that could be seen as important. With her arms crossed, and a smile across her lips, she figured that it would be the end of that and he'd just be on his way. Oh course, that little theory was blown out of the water upon hearing him offer his assistance in their task.

That caused her eyes to flash open, panic clear on her face as Ai just barked in delight at the idea while Arashi would shaking her head before waving her hands in front of him.

Moment Music

"NO!!"

Realizing how she appeared, the girl would then reel back as she looked off to the side with a blank expression.

"I mean..come on..I think I can handle a lame assignment like this...you should be doing something way more cool...like....rescuing a village elder or...sealing a dam..."

Any other tasks would do so long as she could get him to leave so she could search. In her recollections of possible other means to deter him, she managed to see something pulling into the dock, a blank expression crossing her face as she leaned slightly to the side. The crew of the vessel appeared to be carrying a lot of different wares. Objects in which she had never seen before in truth. Doing her best to try and get a clear view, she'd notice something shimmering in one of the chests, prompting a idea to come to her before then looking over to see Asahi had yet to leave of his own volition.

And it didn't appear as though he intended to.

"Um...right...well..its...shinny...long like a femur bone..and its supposed to bring...um...happiness...pretty cheesy I know..but that's why you should probably just leave it to me to take care of...not that..I don't want your help...I just mean that I..don't want to drag you into shopping..."

Eyes still lingering on the ship, she could see that the group also appeared to be from the far west. Their attire foreign next to most, but the largest of them all seemed to wear a hat brimmed at the front and a bird resting upon his shoulder. Tilting her head slightly, she'd then grin sheepishly before rubbing the back of her neck.

"I mean...that's totally girl stuff...Girls that wanna get their canines something special...girl stuff.."

Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 23, 2019 18:48:01 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Eyes widened at the harsh response, Asahi barely holding himself back from a flinch. She really didn't want any company looking for that chew toy it seemed, or could it have been she was just trying to get rid of him? They hadn't spoken in a while and there was a certain conversation that had been put off for some time, sure, but had it really hurt the girl that much? Perhaps realizing her less than stellar response Arashi would begin to describe what the item in question looked like. It was certainly lavish sounding especially considering its purpose but pet owners often saw reality in a skewered light when it came to taking care of their pseudo-children.

Putting a hand to his chin, Asahi wondered where exactly they'd be able to find like that, or better yet where to start. While he wanted to experience the sights and sounds of the world performing a scavenger hunt for a chew toy was not part of his itinerary, alas people did crazy things for those that they cared about. "Well, being that fancy it should stick out pretty easy, right? So it shouldn't take that long for the two of us to find it." Asahi would reply with a slight smile as he began to look around. His eyes settled on a group of people walking off a ship holding a bunch of boxes, and considering how fancy their outfits were it only made sense that they would know about such a... unique item.

"I think those guys over there might know something!" He would speak while trying to grab Arashi's free hand and pulling her in the direction of the pir.. er, merchants. Going up to a random group of people and asking about a chew toy was going to be weird, and if they had any questions then Asahi would be lost, so to avoid such a thing happening he would just let Arashi do all the talking. "Yeah yeah, I'm sure they can help. Just ask 'em if they have what you're looking for." He would add doing his best to let his friend do all the work.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 23, 2019 22:00:41 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

"What?...Gah!"

With her hand being pulled off in the direction the supposed traders, Arashi would feel her face turning red before then shaking off the feeling of embarrassment as they began to cross the distance toward the ship, seeing the travelers having finished the last of their shipping, and seeming to be moving into a tavern close by. Having been pulled inside, the two wouldn't be too out of place, though they were certainly in an unfavored company. The sand shinobi were surrounded by men of the sea, explorers of the vast world beyond the nations of ninja.

"Wow...talk about foreigners..."

Seeing this change in demeanor, she'd finally realize her hand was still in that of Asahi's, slowly pulling away as Ai would appeared to come in as well, only to find his way barred off by what looked to be green feathered bird with a crooked beak. As it squawked and hissed, the small canine would reel back, barking at it as it flapped it's feathers in defense.

In the meantime, their target would seem to be at the bar, barreling with laughter as he pounded his chest with grunt. His fellow crewmates joined in, all starting to go into song. In truth, it was rather tone deaf, but Arashi couldn't very well talk. She couldn't sing a note to save her life. Though at the moment, she had to try and not listen, seeing as Asahi was letting her do the talking here. Of course, she imagined asking them about a dog toy would be more than received with a jeer or two.

"Um...excuse me?"

The large male would stop in his track, his crew seeming to look on at the two tanned individuals before then watching their captain turn slowly.

"Hi...We were wondering...with..all your wares and stuff..if you happened to have...dog..toys...a fancy one..."

There was an still silence, leading to Arashi looking around with a sheepish grin, soon turning back toward Asahi as she then shrugged her shoulders.

"Well..I mean...it isn't that uncommon is it?"

That was when the roar of laughter came, the older male seeming to nearly fall out his chair, his comrades in union with their own barrage of laughter, leading to Arashi frowning as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Okay...fine..you don't have it...could just say that...Lets go Asahi.."

"No no...We got whatcha askin for..."

"Wait really?"

Arashi was more surprised by this idea actually being a real thing, prompting her to stare at them as the towering figure of the captain took hold of her shoulder, pointing out toward the ship as he turned her in it's direction.

"Ye wants a treasure from the far west..where the land pups get their own weight in gold between they teeth.."

Seeing his hand, she'd managed to release some of her chakra, buffering it off with a brush of rough sand rising up, prompting him to reel it back as she narrowed her eyes.

"Somethin like that...whats the catch?"

"Pends on what ya got?"

Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Sept 30, 2019 19:16:54 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

The handholding wasn't something intensely planned by Asahi, but time was of the essence and losing track of a possible lead wasn't going to help them find that chew toy any faster and in his hurry the chunin hadn't even noticed that they were heading right into a bar... no, no, more like an old timey saloon. Barging in would reveal quite the scene: people from all around the world --dressed the part no less-- indulging in drink and generally being loud; well, they were until the duo walked in. It wasn't quite a silent hush but the volume did lower a bit as a multitude of eyes shifted towards them. While it was tough to figure out where most of the other patrons hailed from, Asahi in his full shinobi gear was a clear standout and he hoped that none of them had a grudge against Suna.

"Yeah, I have no clue where any of these people are from." He'd reply while searching for those funny looking merchants, eyes focusing once Arashi pointed them out. He had no idea how to go about asking a group of people if they had a chew toy in their wares and was fully expecting to get laughed or cursed out of the bar altogether, the former of which filled the bar to the rafters. Now it was awkward. He had dragged Arashi in here without a plan and essentially left her to the wolves. If he hadn't been in the dog house already for showing up out of nowhere there was definitely one with his name on it now. He was ready to reach out a hand to signal that they should probably search elsewhere but in a surprise twist the merchants revealed that they actually had the chew toy on them.

The boy was simultaneously relieved and skeptical as the chances of a random group of sea faring folk having the exact dog toy Arashi needed was slim to none, but if anyone in this place would have such a thing it made sense to be them. No matter, now all they had to do was pay for the thing and get out of dodge. Alas, it seemed these guys were not traditional capitalists but instead more of the bartering types. Great, just great. The two of them would somehow have to pony up something of value equal to that of a rare chew toy.

"Uh.. um... can't we just pay money for it?" Asahi would ask hoping that the merchants would be sensible and agree instead of asking for something ridiculous in return. He didn't have much in the way of the bizarre on his person which would, once again, leave things up to Arashi.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Oct 1, 2019 12:59:35 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Asahi had introduced the idea of money being the payment in mind for such a object, one in which Arashi was more than willing to agree upon. Still, she couldn't get over the fact that such an thing might actually exist in the first place? Just where did these people come from? Perhaps it was best not to know. In the end, it seemed like she was going to be the one taking point on this regardless. Much to some of her own annoyance. She had imagined that by all accounts, she appeared just as much a fool as any other girl that probably approached them for trinkets.

It wasn't as if Asahi was to be expected to...he didn't even know what she was really after...which was the point entirely.

"Ryu ain't exactly worth much where we sail from..."

"How bout silver?"

At this point, it was less about the supposed toy and more on getting in to see their wares at all. Reaching up into her hair, she'd draw out her hairpin, looking down along it's handmade design, noting its features before holding it out as her hair began to bob down over her face.

As she removed the loose bang from her line of vision, she could see the old sailor lean in, a shimmering piece of metal between his teeth as he reached down and picked the accessory from her hand and took a bite into it.

"So...can ya work with that?"

"Oh oh oh…I think we got us a bargin...come...I'll take ye to it...."

With the captain marching passed, his crew seemed to fall in line behind him, one in particular seeming to loom his eyes directly at Arashi and Asahi, scuffing before scribing something out on a loose piece of paper.

Pretty Shady for traders...

The voice from Shukaku lingered through her thoughts, but the real concern she had was just finding something now that she had basically gained an open ticket. Still, seeing this man literally just take off with something that had been given to her so long ago..it didn't sit well with her in the least. Nor did her hair, which while straightened from it's usual wild appearance, still was hard to manage when allowed to be let down to brush at her shoulders.

Walking outside, she'd see the group making their way toward their vessel, the shallow brown craft waddling upon the waves, the sea lapping against it's hull. This was probably the point in which she needed to try and deter Asahi once more. At least, in her seeing if this was indeed where she'd find her gift for him. Hard to do so with him not being surprised by it.

"Climb aboard....just be wary of the tide...tends to rock things quite fiercely when she's docked.."

"Right...okay...So Asahi...could you...wait out here? Like I said..it isn't that big of a deal and sides..."

Reaching down, she'd retrieve the now present Ai from the ground, extending him out to the boy with a sheepish grin.

"Ai isn't a fan of water...so just..look out for him..kay? Should be able to get that toy and be out before ya can say infested shipwreck...Thanks"

Brushing her now hanging hair behind her shoulder, she'd grin before turning and beginning to follow after the crew, stepping onboard the ship as they began to move below deck.

It was at that point that she began to smell something. An iron like odor that was wavering in the air like smoke. Scanning, her senses were starting to grow more intense, realizing just what that smell was. Blood...

"Ya know? On second thought..how bout I just try the strip again...never know what else I could find out.."

Her moment of turn was halted instantly, seeing the staring man from earlier, his white hair now revealed from behind his hooded feature. As the captain seemed to cross his arms over his chest, he'd see what happened next as the teen prepared to lash out. The ship rocked, but a heavy palm soon struck against her chest, creating a seal across the surface that seemed to burn itself deeper into her chest.

"The hell!?"

"Apologizes...but it ain't every day ya come cross one of them land demons...and old Fugen mentioned somethin on the lines of royalty too..."

Trying to summon the sand from her flesh, she began to feel a strong burning sensation coming from her skin, soon igniting as she screamed in pain. Falling to her knees, the back of her jacket was swiftly grabbed, body being dragged as she kicked and screamed, trying even harder to escape.

Before long, she'd find herself weightless as she was flung into a cell, scrambling to her feet as she pushed against the cell door.

"What the hell did you just do to me!?"

Arashi gripped the bars, eyes darting from one side to the next.

"Preparing ya for the real sale of a lifetime...A Tailed Beast...locked and ready for transport!"

----------------------------------

With all the commotion happening within the vessel, Ai would seemed to tilt his head to the side, knowing full well that he loved the water and was more than a bit confused by the thought that Arashi believed that he didn't. Still, what really caught his eye was the look of the two men that seemed to remerge from below deck, prompting the pup to whine as he couldn't see Arashi with them.

"So what do we do with him?"

"Captain said to clear em off...so we clear em off..."

The burly sailors, tinted bands around their forearms and sawdust against their boots, would begin to approach Asahi, seeming to no longer have much interest in covering themselves, openly preparing to draw what appeared to be cutlass from the hip.

"Shove off kid! Ain't no one gotta get hurt..."

The panic of the sight seemed to cause a stir, with many starting to move away from the scene as a means to get to safety. Meanwhile, the ship was already beginning its launch, a sail lined with skull and crossbones now in full few, the wind swiftly catching it's sail.

Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Oct 5, 2019 8:03:53 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Asahi should have known simply buying the chew toy with a pocket full of change wasn't going to cut it with these guys, but he had hoped to get in and out of here quickly so the two could focus on enjoying the rest of their day. He was at a loss at what else could be used for barter aside from maybe making them a sealing tag to use for... whatever purpose; though letting random strangers walk around with a mid level fuinjutsu item probably wasn't the smartest idea. Arashi, on the other hand, was a couple steps ahead and was more than prepared to part ways with a silver hair clip that looked pretty fancy for something thats sole purpose was just to hold hair in place.

Surprisingly, or perhaps not given who they were bartering with, the captain seemed fond of the object and beckoned them back to the ship to make the exchange. Well that was easy. In a perfect world more than a few red flags would have been raised in this situation, but Asahi knew that Arashi's time spent in the not so great parts of Suna gave her a knowledge about these types of transactions that, even if things looked shady, was not all that uncommon. The lingering eyes of one of the crew could be felt as the two followed the captain back to the dock where their ship was, but before being able to board Arashi left him in charge of the dog on account of Ai being afraid of water. A dog being afraid of water was surprising, but considering it was still a pup and there weren't many opportunities in Suna to teach swimming lessons he supposed it made sense that the dog wasn't all that comfortable just yet.

"Uh.. ok, sure, I'll guess we'll just be right here waiting." Asahi replied as he held Ai in his hands. The pup seemed just as confused but Arashi usually knew what she was doing when it came to this stuff and she was a jinchuriki after all so it wasn't like she couldn't take care of a few silly dressed sailors if things went sideways.

The minutes would pass and still no sign of Arashi, how long did it take to trade a hair clip for a chew toy? Ai would begin to whine as her owner was taking her sweet time to reappear and Asahi really couldn't blame her. Eventually two of the crew would appear and start making their way to the duo, but still no Arashi in tow. "Shouldn't the girl be with you?" He questioned but it was clear by their tone and the weapons being drawn that things had indeed gone sideways and Arashi had gotten herself into some trouble. But these guys looked pretty normal so how could she have had any issues getting past them? Whatever, that didn't matter now. A soft growl would emanate from the pup as she, too, sensed that these guys were up to no good. She'd jump from Asahi's arms and run towards the dock where the ship was beginning to pull off; if Asahi didn't act fast he was going to have a very awkward conversation with her dad/the Kazekage/his boss that would have definitely ended up with him being relegated to the salt mines for the rest of his days.

He hadn't come all this way to fight but saving Arashi was the priority and these guys were in the way. The lingering crowd had backed up not wanting to get in the crossfire but that'd be easier said than done considering some of the Kyokujitsu's techniques. Whatever, he had to get past these guys quick before that ship got off the dock. A quick set of seals would precede Asahi slapping his hands on the ground, an intricate seal forming on the ground that would hopefully catch the two off guard. They'd find themselves immobile less the seal was somehow broken which wasn't likely, and now it was time to find Arashi. Running over to the dock Ai was now barking at the leaving ship. It wasn't too far off but making the jump would be next to impossible for him. No matter, one of the first technqiues he learned as a genin was made for situations just like these!

"Come on, girl, we gotta go find Arashi." He'd beckon to the pup before picking it up and channeling chakra to his feet. Like some kind of resurrected deity the boy would begin walking upon the surface of the sea, it was a bit more turbulent than what he was used to but that wasn't going to stop him now. A full sprint towards the ship would ensue and as he neared it Asahi would hop on the deck looking for any sign of his friend. "Arashi can you hear me?!" He'd call out, probably not the best idea considering it'd just bring the attention of the other sailors but he'd cross that bridge when he got there.

NAME: Kinbaku [Bind Tightly]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Fuinjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: 3
TRIGGER: N/A
DESCRIPTION:

After three hand-seals, the user will slap both hands on the ground and summon an intricate spherical seal on the ground, ten meters in diameter, with the user at the epicenter. Anyone or anything standing on the ground within ten meters is then sealed to the ground itself, locking their feet in place. They will be stuck in place until the seal is broken, which can be achieved by destroying the ground it is summoned on. People who were not inside the range can move over the surface of the seal once it's been summoned without any issue.

----------

NAME: Suimen Hokou no Waza [Act of Water Surface Walking]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:

A slightly more advanced version of the Tree Climbing Skill, this technique allows a shinobi to walk on water as if it were a solid surface. What makes this so difficult is a very precise amount of chakra ust be applied, as balance is harder to maintain on a not so tangible and even moving surface.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Oct 5, 2019 20:52:20 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Arashi would find herself hearing the sound of lapping water, even traces of it slipping into her cell as she continued to try and figure a way out. The seal placed on her was clearly stopping her from tapping into her chakra, let alone even hear Shukaku Still, there had to be a way to undo it, leading to her trying to tap into it's source. Yet the moment she even tried, her skin seemed to enflame, causing her to scream in pain as she saw the burns and the bubbling of her flesh. Arms seeming like they had contacted a rash, the long haired teen would stare at this sight in horror, then looking out to see something seeming to cause the crew to start to move from their positions below deck.

Unknown to the One Tailed Jin, it seemed that the commotion was caused by the acts of the young shinobi boy who had supposedly been left behind. Seeming to have managed to escape his attackers, the remaining crew would swiftly take the deck, each one brandishing a sword as Ai held his position within the boy's arm. So far, he had been a pretty good partner in helping this human, especially in keeping him alert. With him growling at the sight of these new threats, the small canine would bark once more, struggling to get free so that he could get in the action as well..even despite his size.

"Look like we got us a stowaway...and a mini mutt..."

As one of the sailors seemed to lick the tip of his sword, the remaining five would seem to rush in, drawing out their weapons as they would slash downward. They weren't trained shinobi, and it didn't appear as if they were gifted with any control of elements. Though sadly, that only made them fodder. The real threat, remained in the background, seeming to hold position at the bow, his hands weaving what looked to be handseals..preparing for his moment.

Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Oct 7, 2019 19:04:29 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Stealth, subterfuge and general sneakiness were supposed to be the core traits of a shinobi, but when it was the life of one's... friend on the line then it sometimes got thrown right out the window, as was the case when Asahi screamed out looking for Arashi only to be met with a group of weapon wielding sailors. He sighed internally as he shifted his sight between them, all but one seemed prime to attack and attack they did, all at once with swords drawn and even though they had the numerical advantage it wouldn't really help against a well trained shinobi. Sealing their movements would be the easy and simple option but that'd only prevent them from walking and not swinging their swords, so a bit more would need to be done.

A quick set of seals and a deep breath would be followed by a large, strong gust of wind emanating from the boy. It'd be enough to knock the attackers off their feet and send them a ways back, hopefully dazing them long enough to deal with the remaining guy who hadn't rushed in initially. Thankfully the ship not being too large allowed Asahi to passively search for Asahi's chakra signature without having to expend too much effort, but strangely enough it was nowhere to be found. Was he not focussing enough? No, the girl was a jinchuriki and had access to a massive pool of chakra so being able to pinpoint it should have been simple for a novice. Something else was afoot here, but none of these guys looked like they had any knowledge of fuinjutsu so what could it have been?

If usual shinobi tactics weren't effective then perhaps a more natural approach would work. "Hey girl, see if you can go find Arashi ok? It's probably safer for you anyway." Asahi would... speak.. to the... dog. In hindsight it probably looked like he was crazy and there was literally no guarantee that Ai had any idea what he was saying, but if she was as worried about Arashi as he was then she probably already had the idea to go sniff her out.

NAME: Fūton: Kyōryokuna Kaze no Nami [Wind Release: Powerful Wind Wave]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Fūton
DESCRIPTION:
After forming the necessary hand seals, the caster releases a powerful gale of wind from their mouth. The gale itself has enough power to lift and push opposing Shinobi off their feet.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Access to Treasures, Finding the Right Gift[Open]Oct 7, 2019 21:14:36 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Asahi efforts to keep his rushing foes at bay were easily successful. Strong and as brawly they may have appeared, against such forces of nature they were far from outside of their length. More used were they to brute force and clashes of metal and steel. Not to fighting against the very winds that propelled their ship. With them tumbling over themselves, the lead that seemed to be holding his composure, looked at the sight with clear disgust at their display. Clearly, this was why the captain had brought out his service. His price may have been high, but it meant that he was much more capable than the rest of this lot of worthless oarsmen.

Still, at least they now cleared a path prompting his hands to release a surge of ice from the palm of his hands. They'd fly across the surface of the ship, taking the shape of birds, threatening to clash directly into the young shinobi and knock him overboard. Meanwhile, with this assault occurring on deck Ai took his cue from Asahi to begin his own search, dashing just barely out of the way of one of the frozen swallows, sliding across the wooden floorboards before diving down to the lower deck.

Whining slightly, the small pup would sniff the air, snorted out the foul air that seemed to whiff through before taking another shot at it. With many more rooms to search through, Ai had his work cut out for him.

As Asahi seemed to do battle above, Arashi was still struggling to get free her bars, seeing the Captain seem to cross the length of the distance between them.

"Ain't no use in struggling...that seal placed on ye is eastern magic..can't break it's bonds without burning yaself...think ya already noticed that lass.."

"You do realize that as soon as someone realizes I'm gone...you're pretty much lookin at a sunken ship and probably worse from my dad right?"

"Aye...but that bein if ya father can find ya...by the time anyones caught wind of this..we'll be cross the seas and in open water..better get comfortable..."

Arashi would simply frown, crossing her arms as she could see the welts trying to heal themselves, yet the process was slow. With her chakra being cut off, she was basically crippled. Still...with any luck, Asahi had realized that she was in trouble and went for help. Though she couldn't help noticing some strange noise coming from above, almost like bouncing.

Ice Style: Tsubame Blizzard:This technique creates a cluster of ice needles in the shape of miniature swallows out of preexisting ice, which the user then launches at the opponent. These needles can change direction in midair and will maim the opponent with their sharp wings. This technique can be countered by Fire Release techniques, which in turn melts the ice.