Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
personal
Magen: Kiyoi Kakō no Zanzō [Demonic Illusion: Noble Descent of Afterimages]
OWNERS: Satori Akira
RESTRICTIONS:
✦ Genjutsu Primary/Sole
✦ Must know Kori Shinchū no Jutsu [Sly Mind Affect Technique] and Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu [Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: High, Medium Continuous
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 6
TRIGGER: The user must touch the target and swivel their palm 180 degrees on them. 
DESCRIPTION:
One of Satori Akira's first true Genjutsu, and is a culmination of the three years of dedicated study to Genjutsu outside of the academy. It combines applied experience in spatial manipulation to change a target's surroundings and at the same time, make minute changes to get the desired control over their battlefield.

The user must perform hand seals and then touch the target, before turning their palm a hundred and eighty degrees on them as to "flip" their world.

The world turns upside down, where they lose their grip to the surface they are on and begin to fall into the sky: when they do, it will quickly turn to ground again and they will fall and smash (albeit, safely) into the same environment they were in a second ago. 

The user, using their knowledge of the two aforementioned techniques are able to dynamically change the target's environment to their hearts desire, founded from their own vision and memory. Typically, of a Genjutsu user this is an easy task to manifest each individual sense into the target's illusion. It means that user can direct the target to an environment and area to the user's liking, from them suddenly being forced into the night of a cold blizzard or into a volcano being forced to hop from boiling rock to rock. Each of their senses are used in this manipulation: making it incredibly difficult to use. 

The most dangerous target to the target of the Genjutsu is themselves, because by itself any of the illusions are just that: they cannot cause harm to the target. Because of the fluid ability to create and change dynamic environments to the user's design that include all of the target's senses, they are able to control the flow of the battle and direct the target as they see fit to fight to their desired environment. It doesn't have to be used for combat, but maintains the best results in such circumstances. 

It is truly an illusion, and most, if not all people will be able to instantly guess they are in an illusion: but the knowledge does not generally tend to be helpful in distinguishing what is real from imagery.

The requires the user to maintain eyesight of the target to effectively use the technique (but does not break the Genjutsu if it is lost). It does require dedicated concentration which renders the user unable to perform any other techniques barring some easy Taijutsu and Bukijutsu. They are still able to freely move. The user cannot restrict the target's movement, and can only target one person at a time, and cannot cause any serious injuries in the illusion in exchange for advanced manipulation of the target's environment.

But in return for sacrificing large amounts of chakra and AOE effects, they are able to truly design a world fit for a friend or foe.
last edit by Deleted on Oct 4, 2019 9:00:07 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
A demonic illusionOct 1, 2019 10:20:53 GMT -5
Natsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
This will need vastly redone. Essentially this is a genjutsu that can do literally any other genjutsu on site. You have free power and manipulation of anything and everything. You'll need to limit it. Or make it thematic. Something... As right now it completely encompasses the whole of genjutsu.
has written 786 posts
A demonic illusionOct 4, 2019 9:01:20 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
I've sweetened it down to effectively a more advanced version of the false surroundings technique, so the technique is limited to the environment but includes more senses (a blizzard is actually cold, lava is actually hot, etc).
has written 0 posts
A demonic illusionOct 4, 2019 20:24:36 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
I'm not quite sure if you're trying to insult me or not. What exactly did you take away? Because before it was the False Surroundings Jutsu but with the addition of all senses. Am I missing what you took away from it? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

From what I see, effectively, the jutsu hasn't changed. It's exactly as it was before. You can manipulate any and all senses to do whatever you want at any moment. You still can do virtually any genjutsu on site with this singular jutsu.

If that interpretation is untrue, you can feel free to explain it to me.
has written 786 posts
A demonic illusionOct 5, 2019 15:50:36 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
I've explicitly said that it's for the environment and only the environment. How it had been described before was exactly as you said: doing "anything" someone could feasibly do as Genjutsu does on site: but it's clearly mentioned in the technique it cannot restrain people nor actually injure them. It could feasibly make the user disappear from said environment i.e. hide them behind the environment created,

That means it only functions in the explicit way that Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu [Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique] does, to an advanced degree. It changes the person's environment, and makes that environment seem lifelike. It doesn't change their movements, bind them, or perform things that other genjutsu do on site.

If you'd like me to make that clearer, I can make further edits.
last edit by Deleted on Oct 5, 2019 15:50:51 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
A demonic illusionOct 9, 2019 13:44:18 GMT -5
Natsu
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
I see. I had missed that differentiation. Though even after talking with other staff, it is still far too broad in what it can do. It still covers such a wide array of other jutsu that this one can’t be accepted as is.

No genjutsu can actually injure people, so that’s more or less moot.

Nor does it specifically say it can’t restrain. You say you can manipulate the environment. What wouldn’t keep them restrained if they fell into quicksand? Or wrestled into a mass of vines? Or other environments that would restrict or bind their movement.

Yes. It does function similar to False Surroundings, but to too much of an advanced degree that we’re willing to allow. No jutsu directly changes movements, nor directly binds them. But manipulating their senses is the whole point of genjutsu. You just have little restriction on yours other than it can’t manifest from the target itself in this new ‘reality.’ Which we don’t find restricting enough.

As it is, it still covers too wide an expanse of jutsu and ideas. It’s too freeflowing, too lifelike, too able to change on a whim. You don’t have anything that limits or themes it, giving you an expanded and unlimited environment and reality to work with, which essentially makes there little reason for you to need any other genjutsu to be created.
has written 786 posts