A friendly confrontation. (INARI)

compose a reply
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Oct 21, 2019 17:07:51 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Success is measured in blood. Yours, or your enemy's.
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday April 21st rank Jounin occupation Anbu
Alright. He was there. Training field twenty one. He had no clue why he had been called there. By his soon to be teammate. Perhaps it was yet another test the ANBU wanted him to pass? Oh man, he had taken so many tests already he had lost count. He was beginning to grow tired about having to prove his worth. It had been two years. TWO YEARS of nothing but back-breaking training routines.

Whatever. He wouldn't give up now. He had already decided that he wanted to protect the Leaf as best as he could. If that meant forfeiting his identity and becoming a shadow, then it was a more than acceptable trade off.

He wondered if to use his white eyes to see if an ANBU operative was really coming there. Part of him really wanted to see if he could spot them moving around. His other side of the brain instead was screaming at him to conserve chakra. That would probably be the best way of doing things. As such, Yusaku was waiting there with more or less patience. He would start fiddling with his red and blue armor here and there while time passed. First the gloves, then the collar. He just needed to keep himself occupied.

He had seen them in action before. If anything, the ANBU was never late. They would be coming in there any moment now. It was just a matter of where would they decide to pop out. From the front? Or perhaps from underground. Who knew.
last edit by Yusaku Hyūga on Oct 21, 2019 17:11:14 GMT -5
Nightshade has written 193 posts
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Nov 26, 2019 17:15:08 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
I am on nobody’s side for nobody is on my side. Nobody cares for the trees.
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
You have me on the run.
People relied on their sight more than most of their other abilities, it was incredible what happened if you took that away from them. Some rose up and adapted while others found it to be as if they had been born anew and needed to learn how to navigate the world. 

For some, it was the same with genjutsu, once caught they fumbled and tumbled in an attempt to navigate whatever changes had been forced upon them. Inari didn't see the art as a violent art, but more... like psychological warfare. While she'd never soar above the Yamanaka or the Uchiha, she'd do her best to rise above her skill level of yesterday. 

In an attempt to build some synergy and trust between the new operative her herself, she'd requested he meet her in the training field. Inari had been around for a while before the other showed up, dressed in her black suit and her mask, she was perched on a beam in the corner of the ceiling. She mostly did it so she had something to focus on, to keep her mind from diving back into the gutter and to remind herself, that she was here for a little while longer, so she had a responsibility to the people she would eventually leave behind. 

Her hair had been transformed to a mane of black and her eyes red, her mask was sitting on the side of her head, mostly as a way to introduce the other to her regular appearance when she went incognito in a mass of people. After he had been there for a minute or so, she descended, her hand coming up to salute the other as she walked towards him, her feet making no sound against the cool cement, the black suit seemed to drink whatever light it could. 

"Yo! Glad you could make it" 

Her words were friendly, but her voice was dull, a hint of gravel here and there. The taste of iron still lingered on her tongue, but she really didn't have time to freak out over the bloody hand-towel in the trash... 

"We will eventually go somewhere together, so we should test each other out a bit, and make sure we are both equipped to back each other up. You focused on close combat and... fuinjutsu, right? I'm genjutsu all the way" 

She folded her arms across her chest and her head tilted to the side, her eyes studying the other. 

Inventory in use: Black Mamba[suit] 

vulpina
Moro has written 410 posts
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Dec 5, 2019 7:40:26 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku quietly studied Mokumokuren as she made her presence known. She wanted to sound happy, but her voice did not quite sent that message. Was there some problem with him? It couldn't be, he was sure that anything he would do would be perfect. Exceptional even. He was part of the Hyuga elite and anything less than excellence was not tolerated. "You would be correct. I specialize in taijutsu, especially in the Hyuga Style hidden taijutsu would would know as Juuken. I also have trained estensively in fuuinjutsu, as I have found I am quite naturally skilled in this field." He explained. He already knew about her skill in genjutsu considering her codename.

He pointed at his lavender veiled eyes. "And while my Byakugan can easily discern genjutsu from reality, I am afraid my training in illusions is quite lacking compared to yours... I suppose I have been called here to work on being able to snap out of high level Genjutsu that might be casted on me during missions." He commented, nodding, pretty convinced of his words.

TAG NOTES GO HERE

A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Dec 15, 2019 13:58:55 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
You have me on the run.
She moved to sit down on the ground and looked up at him as he explained. He was indeed correct that she had been assigned him due to the occasional run in they eventually would have, with a genjutsu user. It was hard to kai your way out of something sometimes, equally hard to not start to panic if something started to distort and change right before your eyes. Inari had learned a few nasty jutsu over the past few months, plus she were thinking up some more personal ones as well. 

"So, I have a few nasty jutsu up my sleeve, so to say. But... What is the worst genjutsu you have been under?" 

It was a fair question, it would help her decide how to proceed and just how mean she could get with the jutsu. Of course, she wasn't going to fool him into scratching his eyes out, but... If he hadn't been overwhelmed with sound or perhaps been frozen in place just with a glance and a brief lock of eyes, then now was the time. Plus they'd practice his kai on whatever level he was comfortable with and what to do when the jutsu user's skill triumphed over his skill with kai.

"I'm thinking we start at whatever level you are comfortable with, maybe even just work our way up until you can't kai out of whatever I throw at you?" 

Of course, she assumed he knew kai, although something told her she had forgotten something from her brief interaction with Kazuto when she had been given the task of training the other. But what? She couldn't remember and didn't have the energy to rummage through her brain after the forgotten tidbit of information. 
notes and tags

vulpina
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Dec 16, 2019 13:17:44 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

So it was as he forsaw. Well, he could certainly use the training. He had never been gifted for Genjutsu. He was not really bad at it, let's just say he was average. "See...about that..." He explained scratching his head and wearing a sheepish smile on his face. "I uuuuh...I never used the Kai technique." He admitted. It was not the time for pride or anything of the sort.

Once again he pointed at his lavender veiled eyes. "I just played alot of mind games with my opponents. While I never really faced a primary genjutsu shinobi...most people just assume that Genjutsu is useless against someone who has eyes like mine." He commented, nodding, pretty convinced of his words.

"I have managed to go by until now without using Kai, but I do feel like it is too good of a technique not to know. So uhm, if you would be so kind...would you mind going over the basics for me?"

TAG NOTES GO HERE

A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Dec 16, 2019 15:28:04 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
  fight or flight. . . ?

She paused as he spoke, her movement ceasing entirely as she remembered. Her hand came up to slap against her forehead and she looked at him like he just told her ducks are blue. 

"Holy shit, that is my bad, he told me, I just forgot. Oh jeez, I'm sorry... Yeah, yeah of course I'll teach out. Oh man, sorry. But once you got that down, we will get you used to kai'ing out of both minor and greater genjutsu" 

Flustered at her own mistake, her words were fast and her eyes avoided the lilac Byakugans. Oh man, how could she forget?! Was she really that useless? Inari padded the ground across from her, the cool cement wasn't the best seating, ut it would do. 

"Okay, so the whole deal with kai, is to interrupt your own chakra. It is easier for others to kai you out, since they can introduce their own chakra to the system and interrupt the loop your chakra has been subjected to. But when you have to do it yourself... Well, you almost have to stop your chakra flow and then let it explode so you break the pattern it is in. You can also attempt to just flood your entire body with chakra, but I find that only works with people who have some serious chakra reserves stored up." 

She shifted in her position and adjusted her legs before bringing her hands up to form the kai seal. 

"So,I can attempt to mimic what it would look like if you need a visual representation?" 

If he accepted, she'd try to calm her body to the point where her chakra flowed steady through her system. And then she'd use the kai jutsu, a soft 'Kai' falling from her lips as she did so. It'd result in her network jumping and spiking in places before falling into a normal, steady stream. 
If he wants a visual demonstration, then she uses Kai[release]

vulpina
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Dec 25, 2019 17:58:16 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku nodded, activatig his byakugan and observing intently Inari's chakra network as she performed the technique. "I see what you mean, you're forcefully changing the way your chakra flows behaves. So that's how you kai. Hm hm. I get it." So it was simply a matter of scrambling your own chakra a bit. He would have to guess the real deal is how well you can scramble yourself. The better you are the stronger is the Genjutsu you can release.

He smacked his hands together. "Alright then my turn. Let's see if I can get this thing going." He commented, nodding. "Say, do you have some simple genjutsu you can use on me? Maybe something simple and not traumatic? Like...I dunno...change thecolor of the sky to red or something?" The young Hyuga asked.

"I just need something easy to start with."

TAG NOTES GO HERE

A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Dec 26, 2019 11:09:49 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
Inari paused as the other said he was ready for something simple. She put her index finger to her plum lips and glanced at the ceiling as she mused about what would be a good starting point. 

"Okay, I got something. It shouldn't directly traumatize you since you are a jounin and all. It is a simple but effective jutsu though." 

She formed the seal and slowly her uniform grew darker, blood ran from her nose and the corners of her mouth. As she looked at the jounin again, her eyes started to bleed as well. It was a low genjutsu, but it might take a few tries to get the surge of chakra just right. Even so, once he had done it and recognized the feeling of kai, then they'd be good to go and move on to more complex techniques. 

"Okay, so none of this is real, try to kai it. You'll know if you have done it if I stop bleeding" 

Normally she wouldn't give her students hints like that, buts he assumed he'd be able to see that this was a genjutsu. Later she'd try something more subtle, but it was nice to have an indicator which was obvious and easy to see if you dispelled. 

NAME: Ikamono Tsurugi [Fake Blood]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low

CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu

ELEMENT: N/a

DESCRIPTION:

Another extremely simple technique to utilize, but very effective when used under the correct circumstances. Originally thought up to be used on children to help them get over their fear of blood the technique has proven to be useful in combat. Perfect for distracting opponent, putting fear into them or best yet, making them lower their defenses. Someone utilizing this technique can make small or medium amounts of blood appear before the target's eyes.

The user can choose what form the blood takes and how it appears, but it must be a semi-realistic representation. (Meaning no summoning a blood ogre) A user generally will make their own bodies spew blood forward when an opponent makes an attack using a cry of pain as the trigger; with such a trigger the user always tries to dodge as closely as possible so the hit looks to have connected. This makes the target lower their guard by thinking the user is dead or severely wounded.
notes and tags

vulpina
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Jan 6, 2020 10:31:47 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku's Byakugan activated the instant he saw Inari start bleeding in a grotesque kind of way. It was like a reflex, instinctive. 

The Hyuga glanced at Inari, then at himself. His chakra flow was all weird indeed. Definitely genjutsu. It was incredible just how easy it was for a skilled practitioner of the art to trap people inside their illusions. If Inari wanted to do something else unnoticed he would have no idea.

He quietly walked closer, his padded tabi boots producing almost no sound.

"Genjutsu indeed. Your skills are terrifying, you know?"
Time to practice Kai then. First, the seal. Second, interrupt chakra flow. Perhaps the motion was similar to the Kaiten, or maybe closer to the Ichigekishin technique. "Alright...just flush chakra. Here goes! KAI!"

TAG NOTES GO HERE

A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Jan 18, 2020 8:27:18 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
Yusaku's pale eyes would become surrounded by veins and Inari drank in the sight. She didn't often get the chance to get a closer look at a Byakugan. The all seeing eye capable of seeing chakra points and chakra flows. How did the world look otherwise? Did the world lose all color, or did it simply fade out of focus to reveal the chakra network of everything and everyone around them? Surely, they could focus on one person and that way not be overwhelmed by the appearance of networks belonging to animals and random strangers passing by.

The seal he held seemed fine, she didn't expect him to mess that part up, he was her senior after all. She had no way of examining his chakra network, so the only way he'd be able to check if he succeeded was if the gruesome display had vanished from sight. 

She tilted her head to the side and studied his face as he spoke. It definitely helped putting your command into speech, with time and training, it'd come as any other jutsu and he'd be able to do it silently by shocking another's chakra network with their own.  

"So, did you do it?" 
notes and tags

vulpina
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Jan 23, 2020 8:42:17 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku glanced at himself then at Inari, then frowned. "Kind of. You stopped bleeding for a moment."

Hm. Maybe he had been too hasty with the process. Perhaps doing it like other Hyuga techniques wasn't the way to do it. It was too fast. Just giving a single shake at his body super fast wasn't enough. It was like trying to slash water with a knife. Wait...

Perhaps he would need to stop the flow for a moment, like he used to do during Futon training.

"Give me just a moment Ina, I'll give it another shot."
Alright, longer pause this time. Less bang and more oomph maybe. "Second time's the charm. Kai!" 

He remained there still for a moment, then dropped the stance. "You appear to have stopped bleeding now." He declared, his eyes losing their hard focus towards a softer glance of veiled purple. "I think I get the general gist of it now. Oh...I'm sorry for the...you know. A Byakugan staring you down might take people aback slighty from time to time. Either way, I suppose we can go up on the ladder? Unless there is something with my form you wish to correct before that."

TAG NOTES GO HERE

A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Feb 9, 2020 4:36:30 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
And so he'd try again. Most likely he had stunned the jutsu for a moment, before it picked back up. Inari would patiently wait, until Yusaku was sure he had dispelled the jutsu entirely. For a moment she was unsure why he was apologizing for looking at her chakra network, but would take it anyway.

"It is okay, a chakra system is a chakra system I doubt mine is anything special" 

She shrugged, glancing to the side for a moment. She was pretty average. Average chakra pool, average height, average personality, average skills besides genjutsu. But now was not the time to ponder on her own ability. So she pressed her hands together with a small smile. 

"Okay, if you feel you are ready, lets bump the difficulty~" 

And then she would get up and rein in her chakra before stamping her foot in the ground, it'd be an easy one to see through for him, but it was harder to release than the bloody vision he had seen before. The motion would activate the jutsu and without his dojutsu he'd see her and her afterimages surround him, although in reality she'd simply walk circles around him.  

"So, how is this?" 

NAME: Ichimokusan [As Fast As One Can Go]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low

CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu

ELEMENT: N/A

DESCRIPTION:

After stampings one food, the user will cast a Genjutsu upon their opponent where it will appear as if they can move at speeds that match those who use the Eight Gates. Countless after images will begin to move about them, the user seemingly moving about in such a fashion that the opponents eyes simply cannot keep up, when in truth the user is completely unseen. It can be seen through by those who use Doujutsu.

vulpina
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Feb 17, 2020 7:51:58 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku once again was back observing his training partner. This time without Byakugan though. He didn't need to confirm he was under genjutstu. "Definitely looks more refined that the other one, should be harder to break out." He stated, collecting his thoughts before acting.

Once again, his hands were brought together in the Kai sign "And I seriously doubt this is your peak performance either. Your Genjutsu prowess is truly stunning, Ina." He mumbled, quieting down to focus. "Alrighty, okay... breathe in, breath out, execute..." now that he had the hang of it from before, it should be easier to do, even though this illusion was technically stronger than the last one. It was just a matter of finding the right way to break up flow. That and also the most efficient. He would need to break out of any jutsu at any given moment. The enemy certainly would not wait for him to meditate or anything. 

"Aaaaaaaand KAI! Hm...why are you walking in circles?"

TAG NOTES GO HERE

A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Feb 28, 2020 19:56:10 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
Yusaku's mumbled compliment didn't go unnoticed, the short tug at the edges of her lips. She did feel warmth spread through her chest, it was nice that someone at least acknowledged her skills. Maybe they'd recognize them for more than they were once she was gone? It seemed to be the case with all those who passed. They were always greater in death than they ever were in life... 

Her genjutsu-self would keep speed walking around the hyuuga, her real self maintained a relaxed, short gait. She didn't feel like moving around too much, she was already running circles around him, right? 

When Yusaku asked why she was running around in circles, she hummed thoughtfully, so this wasn't so easy for him to break... She would stop and cross her arms over her chest as she regarded the jounin. 

"Try again, in reality I am not moving anymore" 

Her voice was quiet, but the friendliness and warmth she usually had was hinted at. It wasn't much, but while she was tired and bruised, she wasn't completely dead yet. Although she should probably get some stronger medication from the doctor to tide her over the time where she gathered her strength to rising from her job and make her decision to go travel 

notes and tags

vulpina
A friendly confrontation. (INARI)Apr 11, 2020 15:07:02 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku would pout slighty at Inari's words. He was still under genjutsu. He thought he had got the whole gist down but apparently this was going to be much harder than anticipated. 

"O-oh...uhm...alright. One more time, from the top." 

To think he'd have problem with some simple genjutsu. He couldn't even fathom what would happen if he actually got trapped in one of the more complicated one. Like those the Uchiha were so trigger happy about using with the help of the Sharingan.  

Anyways, back to training. Yusaku took a deep breath and focused once more. Breathe in, breathe out. Weave the sign and shock your chakra. It had to work this time. Alright, focus.

One...Two...Three...

"Kai."

Yusaku dropped his hands and looked around. Things looked normal, Inari was standing behind him, observing his progress.

"Soooo...did it work?" He asked her. By that point, he was beginning to question what was real and what was Inari's fabrication. "You're standing still now, yeah? You're not moving."

He'd wait to hear confirmation from her, as well as whatever was going to come next. He really hoped he had got it this time.

TAG NOTES GO HERE