The land of danger noodles.

compose a reply
The land of danger noodles.Oct 22, 2019 17:56:29 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Success is measured in blood. Yours, or your enemy's.
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday April 21st rank Jounin occupation Anbu
Yusaku's steps were quiet against the mossy dirt of Konoha's forest. He had been told a lady of great knowledge lived there. Now, he never had any chance to go check there until then, he had always been busy with his training.

Perhaps he could learn something from her. In the end he was still a Hyuga. Even if he was going to become an ANBU, he should still strive for excellence. That also meant being knowledgeable about many subjects.

The side of his head bulged, his eyes straining as the Hyuga focused his gaze at the 6km area around him. If there was an actual person living there, there he should be able to find signs of her. Perhaps a hut, or some sort of tent.

Admittedly, he had gone there with not alot of intel on the matter. He could manage though. He always did. He just needed to be vigilant and make sure to follow any weird clue with care.

He silently thanked the tailor for the wonderfully comfy blue and red leather armor he was wearing. With that kinda apparel, getting past a few thorned bushes without getting hurt was a piece of cake. He was kinda walking around aimlessly in the hope of spotting something he could use to orient himself. Wait, didn't he see that small river behind him already?

Oh great. Look at that. A HYUGA lost in a forest. Now that was gonna get his friends rolling on the floor. Man if the only knew "Prince" as they called him had managed to get lost in a forest...

Yusaku walked in a direction for an hour, alone in wild untamed nature. He thought he found something once or twice...but you could never tell for sure. Well he was bound to bump into the lady sooner or later if she was really there. If the day went by and he didn't find anything he could go back home with the knowledge that the rumors of a hermit in that area were nothing but a hoax.
Nightshade has written 193 posts
The land of danger noodles.Nov 6, 2019 11:16:33 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
age 55 years old birthday 12/28 rank Snake Sage occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","biggieno"]
[attr="class","textieno"]The forest was an amiable place, in that everything was of its natural order. Birds chirped, rabbits hopped through the bracken and undergrowth and somewhere a lazy owl sat on a tree branch hooting idly. All was calm in the forest and all was as it should have been. [break][break]
Except, until, feet trudged through the bracken. Silent though the footsteps were one couldn't mistake the way they pressed to wood and leaves because they were unused to such dense forestry. City boots. Unused to the density of the woods, unused to finding the right biting point between snapping a branch and stepping on it. Eyes paid attention to the man. He'd long walked past her, only checking infrequently with his white eyes to find whatever it was he was looking for. Dead point behind the head it seemed. [break][break]
"Only the wild or the stupid walk through this forest, little boy. Which one are you?" came a voice high in the trees. [break][break]
If the man was to turn to find the voice he'd find her high up on a tree branch, leaning against the trunk and unshoed feet swinging idly in the air. Kasumi was not usual. Nor was she typical. Pale blue skin riddled with geometric tattoos borne deep into her skin that were visible through the robe she wore, vibrant red hair that held loosely behind a gold and black hood. Perhaps most unsettling of all was the red eyes boring into the boy, no matter where he looked or moved, they would follow. [break][break]
Kasumi didn't move from her spot, waiting for the Hyuuga to respond to her question.
[attr="class","iconieno"]
[break][break]
[attr="class","tagsieno"]N/A

[newclass=.biggieno]margin-left:-300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textieno]margin-top:-425px;margin-bottom:150px;width:300px;height:400px;padding:10px;background-color:#fff;border:solid 1px #b7b7b7;color:#939393;text-align:justify;overflow:auto;margin-left:610px;font:11px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textieno::-webkit-scrollbar]width:10px;background:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textieno::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#b7b7b7;border:2px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.iconieno]margin-top:-240px;margin-left:-220px;margin-bottom:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tagsieno]font:11px calibri;color:#b7b7b7;margin-top:-75px;margin-left:-75px;margin-bottom:40px;[/newclass]
Aika has written 82 posts
The land of danger noodles.Nov 6, 2019 12:20:57 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
It seemed that the forest was not as empty as he thought. The hermit people spoke about was indeed alive and kicking. Right behind him too, in his only blind spot. He had to guess for how long she had been following him in the shadows. He should...probably he should have noticed earlier. Well, he had already learned something. He still needed to work on his situational awareness outside of his milky white eyes.

"It is said: To become corageous, you must be fearful. To become strong, you must be weak..." Yusaku spoke, slowly turning around to notice the lady up in the tree. She was not like he had imagined her. If anything, she certainly did seem rather exotic looking compared to even monks.

"And to be wise, you must first be stupid." Yusaku concluded. "So I could say that my current stupidity is what drives my personal growth...and my decision to find out if the tales about a hermit harboring deep inside this forest were true."

The young Hyuga would then lower his head in a respectful bow. "Is an honour to make your acquaintance. My name is Yusaku. Yusaku of the Hyuga clan. I hope I did not disturb your meditation by seeking you out, my apologies if I did indeed have been a nuisance. It was not my intention."

With that said, the blue and red dressed shinobi stood back up. He had to admit, those red eyes of here were as menacing as an Uchiha's own. Not that he was scared, but he was a little unsettled by them. He was also incredibly curious about that woman. As much as he wanted to investigate though, it would be best not to overstep his boundariesA.
The land of danger noodles.Dec 18, 2019 8:23:24 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textieno"]There was a loud scoff from the Sage. Why did people always feel the need to speak in odd words around her? There was humbleness and otherworldliness that confused the hell out of her. She'd asked if he was stupid or wild and he'd responded with a riddle. Kasumi tilted her head to the side, her flame red locks dropping with the tilt of her head. [break][break]
"There are a lot of words coming out of your mouth, boy, and not a lot of them mean anything," she stood up on the edge of the tree, her bare feet holding her still on the tall branch. [break][break]
"Who says I'm the hermit you're looking for?" she challenged, hand wrapping around the trunk of the tree in contemplation as unwavering red eyes stared at the Hyuuga. "And who are you to demand an audience with such a being?" [break][break]
The woman would step forward and drop down onto the forest floor, her feet cushioned against the moss and leaves. Hands would wrap around each other as the woman looked the Hyuuga up and down. Like a predator stalking its prey she would circle around the Hyuuga slowly. [break][break]
"What does an itty bitty Hyuuga want all the way out here, hm?" she asked, voice velvety, "You're a long way from your clan compound." [break][break]
[break][break]

[newclass=.textieno]margin-top:-425px;margin-bottom:150px;width:300px;height:400px;padding:10px;background-color:#fff;border:solid 1px #b7b7b7;color:#939393;text-align:justify;overflow:auto;margin-left:610px;font:11px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textieno::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#b7b7b7;border:2px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.iconieno]margin-top:-240px;margin-left:-220px;margin-bottom:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tagsieno]font:11px calibri;color:#b7b7b7;margin-top:-75px;margin-left:-75px;margin-bottom:40px;[/newclass]

The land of danger noodles.Feb 5, 2020 12:06:35 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku raised a hand and pointed at his lavender tinted white eyes. "Well, there was no one else around here that I could see. That's what leads me to believe that you're the hermit I wished to meet."

"My name is Yusaku. Yusaku Hyuga. It is an honor to make your acquaintance." The jounin added in a friendly tone.  "And as I said, I am here to meet the hermit of the forest." He added, glancing around as the lady stood up on the branch.

"That is, if I am not interrupting anything. I would not want to disturb your precious time." The young Anbu would be quick to explain. He was curious about the weird barefoot lady, but he understood that his actions might come off as rude if he was pushy. He did not want to anger the lady at all. She seemed pretty strong at first glance. Plus he had been told this hermit was more than a force to be reckoned with.

TAG NOTES GO HERE

The land of danger noodles.Mar 10, 2020 17:03:42 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textieno"]Circling would continue around the lad, as if the Sage were looking for something in the boy. Whatever she was looking for, she didn't fill the other in on it. Hands remained curled around each other, blue ethereal skin glistening in what little sunlight filtered through the branches. [break][break]
So he had come to seek her out? Kasumi's face would remain poised, not betraying her thoughts. Nor her stifled sigh. No one came for brunch anymore, everyone sought her out to test their mettle, it seemed. [break][break]
"The Hyuuga are an old Clan," she would comment, her voice snaking around the lad, "and with age comes a certain sense of infallibility. It has always been your Clan's downfall, you might be all seeing, but you do have weaknesses. Nature is bound by law and all law is governed." [break][break]
Perhaps it was her turn to speak in riddles. But she meant what she said. The Hyuuga were too reliant on their eyes, so simple as it was to use it against them. If they wanted to see everything, then it was easy enough to overwhelm their gaze. She, too, was old but she was not taken by her age to mean invincibility. [break][break]
"The honour has yet to be seen," she mused in response to his friendly greeting. "What perhaps did you think you would find once you saw the Hermit? A woman playing with sticks in the mud? Running rabid with the wolves?" 
[break][break]
[break][break]

The land of danger noodles.Apr 18, 2020 17:49:40 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

The Hyuga ruffled his own hair. All in all, he didn't really have a plan other than his curiosity. "Honestly speaking, I had no idea what I would find. That is part of the reason I decided to see if the rumors were true. If anything, I am moved by my unending curiosity." He didn't really know what he would do now that he had found the forest hermit either. He really hoped he wasn't intruding on something. He just wanted to take a quick peek, that's all.

"If anything, I know better than anyone that looks can be...well...decieving. Nothing is alwyas as you first view it. You need to study it for a while to comprehend its true nature. Kinda what we're doing right now." The jounin rebutted.  "And as far as being infallible, no one is. While it is true, my clan prides its bloodline and abilities quite alot, it shouldn't be something holding you down. Growing complacent of your power...is the fastest route to failure." 

Well well, what to do now. She didn't seem angry. Though it was as if she was playing with him. He had no intention of starting fights, but would have to do so if she decided to attack him. Curiosity killed the cat but not a Hyuga.

TAG NOTES GO HERE

The land of danger noodles.Apr 22, 2020 16:50:29 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textieno"]Still circling, feet seeming to know precisely where to step to not break branches or crush stems of plants, Kasumi would watch the boy carefully. She listened intently to what he had to say, the silence from her almost deafening as she listened. [break][break]
And when Yusaku had done speaking Kasumi let out a ghost of a laugh, she'd reply to him but her voice would be... well, otherworldy, just like her visage. Not quite of the mortal plane, but not quite of the spiritual either. [break][break]
"That, young Hyuuga, is the first intelligent thing you have said since you arrived," the woman purred with amusement, "too many children of the Leaf are determined to find their glory and meet their end. Perhaps there is hope for the Village yet."[break][break]
Was it treasonous to state that Kasumi held little value for the young of the Village? Perhaps. But then the woman had never crucified herself as a loyalist to the country or Village. She worked in a state of symbiosis with the Village, so long as they served her needs and that of nature, she would serve the Village. To an extent. But that still didn't stop the younglings of the Village rushing out to find the legend that dwelled in the trees. [break][break]
Kasumi came to a stop obtusely close to Yusaku, peering at him unflinchingly. [break][break]
"So, child of the Hyuuga, you have wandered far from home and you have found the Hermit. Now that I am before you, will you turn heel and go home? Or do you have questions for this old crone?" [break][break]
Odd that she would call herself a crone, all things considered, the woman looked no older than thirty, thirty five at a push. Her skin was fair and she radiated a healthy glow. 
[break][break]
[break][break]