investigating the unknown Nov 15, 2019 22:28:22 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday October 16 rank B-Ranked occupation

❊ even though our ❊ destinies are connected
they never should have intersected
Akatsuki gave a sigh of relief after Akira explained he'd been dressed as a normal civilian when he'd visited Nohara no Kuni, and that's why he hadn't run into any trouble. That, and if he'd been on vacation, then he certainly wouldn't have been looking for any trouble, and probably wouldn't have drawn much attention to himself. "That's good," the young woman said, before pondering the thought, herself. "I wonder if maybe I should do that..." the young woman mumbled under her breath.
    If she looked like a civilian, would she run into less trouble?
    Maybe if she didn't appear like a warrior, people would leave her alone and wouldn't give her any strife. Though, giving a brief glance down at her scar-riddled arms, she was unsure how easy that would be. It was pretty obvious she'd seen her fair share of fights.
    Maybe a long-sleeved shirt. If it was baggy, she could probably still wear her bracers underneath, too.
    Akatsuki pursed her lips.
    But no amount of baggy clothes would be able to hide her sword.
    Besides, she preferred form-fitting clothing more, anyway...
    Maybe the whole looking like a civilian thing wasn't as great of an idea, after all. Akira could probably look like a normal person by wearing different clothes, but Akatsuki had to come to terms with the fact that she just... would always look suspicious. No matter what she did.
    Oh? Akira had been to Yuki no Kuni?
    The young woman perked up at the mention of the land. One did have to travel there by boat, and since the two nations were allied it made sense that Akira had visited there. By the sounds of it, he wasn't the biggest fan of riding by boat, but neither had he detested it.
    "I haven't been there yet," Akatsuki admitted, returning her attention to the road. Even though she was walking by Akira's side, she was primarily following his lead. "But I don't look forward to it."
    Ships were terrifying by nature. A mighty tempest could brew without warning, and Akatsuki hadn't enjoyed the ship being tossed around like a rag doll. And when danger rose from the deep, there was nowhere to go. You couldn't even run away because you were surrounded by miles of sea.
    Needless to say, Akatsuki preferred to travel by foot.
    "Oh--my map?" Akatsuki repeated. She didn't know why that particularly interested him, but she felt no reason to hide it. "I had been walking through the Wood Country, and the wind blew the map right out of my hands! But then a cousin threw a kunai to get it down." She furrowed her brow slightly. "I got my map back, but it's broken now. I can--I can still kind of use it, though... It's better than no map."
    That much was certain.

WORDS: XXX
TAGS: @tag
Blue Text - Tsuchi Branch Kyōbō Only
Violet Text - Common Language
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:03:28 GMT -5
Mika has written 372 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 7:28:57 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira listened to her out loud thoughts. It was a necessary evaluation to make, if you had Ninjutsu perhaps it wouldn't be necessary but if this woman didn't have anything of the sort then the idea of travelling without any defence wouldn't make sense.

Akira placed his hands in his pockets as he walked, just listening in the meantime. Even as Akatsuki commented on Yuki no Kuni, Akira would look sideways at her before flickering back to the road in front of them. She was speaking as if she simply had to visit there even if she didn't want to. That was something he didn't quite understand the compulsion of but if it was her thing... well. Unless she meant by the ship?

As Akatsuki gave her explanation of the map and what had happened to it, it made some sense that it would be pinned down rather than lost by effort of a Kunai - but wouldn't it have just pierced right through the material? He didn't know. "I get it. Though, I don't think you'll find a map that has another continent accurately drawn on it." Akira would point out. People had the rough ideas of where they already lived, and that was in an area that people already lived. They would have no reason to do so otherwise elsewhere.

Akira didn't want to make it entirely about that one thing in his mind as well. "Well, I guess you have stuff to look forward to. You mentioned a cousin? You don't travel alone?" He was asking more for his own security, probing to see if there was going to be an uninvited interruption to his journey, or to see if there might've been a future fight on his hands. Again, he had only recently met the woman and so wasn't sure of her actual intention other than just being a wanderer. Not like Akira had much valuable stuff on him, but his weaponry was a fair cut above the average, he supposed.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 8:03:55 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Akatsuki frowned. "No?" That didn't make sense at all. What did he mean she probably wouldn't find another map that had accurate detail of the other continents? That was what maps were for! Why put down information on a map if it wasn't accurate?! It didn't make sense! If you were making a map, the information that was put down should be accurate, otherwise there was no point in purchasing the map to begin with. If you didn't want to put the time and attention into accuracy with every country and border, then map-making probably wasn't the profession for you. Or maybe one should only make maps of specific countries or places that they did know.
    But if Akatsuki sought out a world map, then why wouldn't it have accurate information...?
    Her heart started racing as she thought on it more. "You don't think so?" she asked. Quickly, she pulled out her map and unfolded it, looking at the tattered paper and--specifically--the gaping hole in the middle where the kunai had ruined it. Although she could salvage a lot of the map, there was still an unpleasant amount missing, now. But was it better than most other maps she could find?? Even in it's ruined condition?? Would she really be unable to replace it??
    She stared at it, a bit in shock by the whole ordeal.
    She understood it'd been a problem that it'd been ruined, but she didn't realize just what a big deal it'd been. Had this old thing really been that hard to replace? Akatsuki couldn't have guessed that all this time she'd possessed such a valuable piece of paper.
    Her expression dropped.
    And now it was ruined. What if she couldn't fix it? Could she fix it?? She wasn't a map-maker...
    Slowly, panic started to creep into her bones as she looked down at the piece of paper in her hands. "N-no, I do," Akatsuki answered quietly to his question. She was alone. She always was.
    But without an accurate map, how will I know what places I've already checked and which I haven't?? She questioned to herself. Subconsciously, her grip on the paper tightened and she slowed her pace without realizing it, her eye wide as she started to panic. What if there's a whole chunk of the world and I have no idea how to traverse it? What if he's somewhere there and I never find him because I don't have the right information? How can I find him if I'm lost, myself?? And if I can't replace my map then what will I do??
    Her breathing was getting heavy and she stopped walking altogether, no longer paying any attention to her temporary companion. He could leave and she wouldn't have even noticed.
    No, no, think positively Akatsuki. There has to be a solution. There--this certainly isn't the end of it. Sensei had to have gotten this map from somewhere, so surely there must still be at least one person who makes world maps. I'll just have to find them! That's all! She nodded a little to herself and, with shaky hands, folded her map up neatly before returning it to her satchel. "Y-yeah," she breathed, having no idea if Akira had even been speaking to her at all. Whether or not he'd asked something, she gave an answer.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:05:45 GMT -5
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 16:44:15 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

He shook his head, confirming his beliefs for Akatsuki.

"Yeah. Sorry." Akira didn't have any reason to lie or diminish the response in 'breaking it to her'. Akira stopped as she did, taking the opportunity to study the map as well as he could, but focusing on the nations. It was old, so without fully having a hold of it himself he would only get the vague outlines and certain areas. "Not unless you went to the other nation, of course. But I do doubt many on this side will have that sort of information lying around."

But she confirmed that she travelled alone. That was a small weight off Akira's shoulders if they were telling the truth. He saw her expression and how hurt it was saying that. Akira didn't have anything that could fix that. "Let's see what the next town offers first. There may be something next?" Akira would offer as means of keeping her moving.

She gave a weak affirmation, probably trying to get over what Akira had said- unbeknown that she'd simply not heard what he'd had to say on the subject. He had places he needed to get to, so was eager to get moving, rather than simply standing there in the middle of the road. "You seem to be anchored down for someone who's meant to be free." Akira was trying to throw out a line for her, where he could help.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 17:22:54 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Akatsumi slowly moved forward and made her way to Akira's side once again, and though a still bit in a daze, she was able to match his pace once more. He'd needed to go to the next town, and Akatsuki knew that in no way did she need to be present, so it would be inconsiderate of her to slow him down. Though, he said something odd.
    Anchored down?
    Was she meant to be free?
    He seemed to view her in an odd way, certainly not in any fashion that she viewed herself. She didn't think she was anchored down at all, at least, not in any way he could know about. Yes, she had her burdens, and her problems--her whole living situation was a problem--but she didn't think they were anchors or that they were pulling her down.
    Yes, she had her fears, and she faced them daily, but...
    There was so much hope.
    And that's what gave her the strength to keep moving forward. And she thought she was a positive person. She wanted to uplift others, and she always tried to encourage herself when she was feeling hopeless. Akatsuki tried to always look on the bright side of things, if she could, or be kind and peaceful to others.
    Did Akira see her as some dark, depressed person?
    It was a painful sort of thought, to try so hard to be someone specific only for a stranger to see right through you. Was she that transparent?
    "No, I'm... I'm not meant to be free at all," Akatsuki said quietly. That, too, had been an odd statement. She was a Kyōbō. Of course, Akira couldn't know anything about her clan, and Akatsuki couldn't speak for any of the other branches, but... in Tsuchi no Kuni, at least, the Kyōbō were an incredibly imprisoned people. They had their nice little society and their pleasant rules and regulations, but Akatsuki knew the truth of it.
    They were slaves to their nature.
    They were imprisoned by their fear of the outside world.
    There was no freedom. You weren't allowed to go anywhere outside of the settlement, there were so many rules and laws and guidelines. And there was always that deep, dark flame that burned inside every Kyōbō. If you gave into it, you'd only subject yourself to doing terrible things to other people--and maybe nobody cared about anyone else, but trying to resist those urges, trying to deny that nature... It was a constant fight, a never-ending struggle between your morality and your essence. There was no freedom in that war.
    And Akatsuki may no longer have been in her settlement, and perhaps she was travelling the world however she saw fit, but she didn't see herself as free. And she was never meant to be free. It just... wasn't her fate. And she knew that.
    "And I'm not... anchored down, I just..." She looked down, watching her steps as she continued to walk by the tall man's side. She shuffled her feet a little and with drooped shoulders crossed her arms. "Without a good map and without any way to fix or replace mine... I just... I don't know what I'm going to do. It's so--so serious that I have a good map, and..." She sighed and closed her eye for a moment. Taking in a deep breath she turned her attention skyward, settling on the white clouds that drifted above. "I'll figure something out. It's okay. Don't worry about me--it's not a problem for you."
    She didn't mean to be burdening him with her issues. She'd come along in hopes of helping him. Not further bring him down... And maybe all she could do was offer temporary companionship or make him smile briefly, she didn't know, but her intent wasn't at all to worry him or cause him further strife.
    "So, um," Akatsuki awkwardly began, fiddling with the hem of her cloak as she tried to come up with a different topic. A distraction. Just--something so that she wouldn't continue dwelling on such upsetting topics and accidentally bringing Akira down with her. He seemed like a nice person and she didn't want to do that to him. "Do you like, um..."
    He was a shinobi, he seemed to have an interest in architecture, he didn't care much for missions or the shinobi life, it seemed... He was also a bit lost, and Akatsuki couldn't help but to think he was in need of some soul-searching, or for him this was a time of change--on the threshold of greatness or dwindling decay. She wasn't sure what she could do, or what to say. She wanted to change the topic to something less depressing, but she didn't want to accidentally upset him in the process. What was a harmless topic??
    "What's your favorite food?? I like cherries, myself."

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:07:01 GMT -5
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 17:39:35 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

That was the main answer. Of course, people had their own tethers for whatever reasons. He didn't necessarily see the outside joy of it all, but the inside place where people felt safe, some people took their time finding whatever that particular thing was. Akira didn't really know what his was yet.

"That sounds like someone who is anchored down would say." Akira tried to give a semi humorous, semi thoughtful response - losing his interest a little bit in the woman.

"Yeah, like I said. The next town may have something more fruitful than whatever guy that had. Besides, if you know what stuff looked like roughly, why not just have the cartographer fill in the blanks but all.. mappy like?" Akira would inquire, a potential solution was to fill in the blanks herself. Have a map, redo it properly but miss out on the missing pieces, until such a time was that they could be filled in again.

"Favorite food?" Akira would point at himself. 'A strange question.' Akira would think to himself. "I am partial to a teriyaki meat." It was the first thing that came to his mind. Saucy, a tiny amount of stickiness: heat radiating through his core as he ate, and a sweetness to the tongue followed by a smoky aftertaste.

Their path would take them onto a sightlier grassier texture, the gravel subsided to harder rock and softer dirt. "Akatsuki-san, what prompted you to start travelling?" Maybe Akira would be able to find a reason himself like how Akatsuki did, like Midori did.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 18:05:47 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

"I'm not!" Akatsuki exclaimed. Her cheeks reddened slightly, flustered. Even though he'd said the statement in a nearly playful tone, she still took his words just as seriously as when he hadn't. "I'm not an anchored person! I'm not--all mopey and sad and stuff! I'm cheerful." She paused. "And hopeful." She huffed a little, though she didn't seem too frightfully upset with him. Not genuinely. Just... frustrated with her situation. "I have serious concerns, but they just push me forward, they don't weigh me down. I refuse to let anything do that to me. Everything will be okay. I'll make sure of it."
    It was that simple to her. She knew there was so much she couldn't control, and she knew there was an entire list of complications. The world was a frightfully big place, and she was just one person. It felt like every odd was stacked against her, and she wasn't unaware of their presence. But... she refused to give up hope or let those fears consume her. She was driven.
    But that was that. She'd made her peace and didn't feel the need to carry on that bit of conversation any further. If Akira didn't understand she wasn't an anchored down person now, then he probably never would.
    Or maybe he was right, and Akatsuki was the blind one.
    Akira brought up the next village over again, however. Giving his own suggestion, and Akatsuki's tension eased slightly at the mention of it. "That is a good idea... Yeah, thank you," Akatsuki said, nodding a little at the suggestion. That was definitely an option. Maybe she could even try making the map, herself. If she got a big enough piece of paper, and some ink... And transferred the information over, then found an expert to fill in the missing pieces where her old map had been torn and was lacking... Yeah. That was a pretty solid idea.
    She nodded a little at the mention of meat. It was a good choice. She'd had teriyaki before--it was pretty yummy. Though, admittedly, she didn't get to have meat often.
    Akira addressed her by name, and Akatsuki looked up at him in acknowledgement. Though, what he asked was... tricky.
    She looked away.
    Well, it wasn't exactly a secret. In fact, she'd thought to bring it up eventually and ask him, himself, just in case if he did know anything... Which he probably didn't. But there was no harm in asking, and that's why she would have brought it up eventually before they parted ways.
    Even still, it was... not exactly the happiest subject.
    While most wanderers traveled for the sake of discovery... Soul-searching, or merely the enjoyment of traversing and seeing the world, Akatsuki had... very different intentions. Of course, all of those aspects were additional pluses, but...
    "I'm not a real wanderer. Not like what you'd think," Akatsuki explained. "I don't travel just because it's nice--although it can be. I'm on a quest. To... I'm looking--I'm searching for my brother."

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:07:35 GMT -5
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 18:14:35 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

"You misunderstand. Anchored doesn't mean sad, it's like... a reason for something important. Like if you promised someone to travel. The promise is your anchor." Akira explained it as best he could, but there were many different things that could anchor someone down. Whether a family member - a crippling obsession, a simple food, a joy or an art. People had their own motivations, so in a way, they were similar.

Everybody had concerns, and she was no different. Akira kept his mouth shut there, but he didn't know her and didn't know her well enough to make any judgement or go too deep into the situation itself. So he would keep quiet and the tempo of his feet would carry him closer to his destination as well. His suggestion had been taken well and he would smile slightly. That would or could resolve some of her apparently deeply rooted angst.

"Your brother?" Akira asked. There were plenty of reasons for her to be travelling, so there were many reasons. Estrangement? A brother that did not want to be found? One that had been taken? Perhaps a different route? Akira would take it as face value. It was certainly a very different motivation.

But she'd travelled a lot, if anything, a wanderer wasn't the best word to describe her. She was simply a woman on a mission, that was all it was in heart. But his thought and silence would allow him the opportunity to piece some of those thoughts together. "And... you need the map to see where you've been..." Akira would fill in the gaps for himself.

It made a lot of sense for her in that way. Exactly so. "I can't offer you anything other than my information in aid for your mission. Have you found out anything?" Akira would ask her, seeing if there was anything he could even point in the direction of. It was extremely unlikely, but Akira knew things she did not: and vice versa. Maybe there was a link to be made.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 16, 2019 18:39:51 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Apparently, she'd had no idea what he had been talking about. As he further explained it, it seemed that he'd had a completely different meaning for the word. To Akatsuki, an anchor sounded like... something heavy. Weighing you down. Making things more difficult. It... didn't at all sound like a good thing for a person to have. But when Akira talked about what he'd meant, it was more... something that kept you grounded. Stable. A foundation.
    Akatsuki blushed, thoroughly embarrassed now. "Oh, I see. Yes, I didn't understand what you meant. Sorry. I see now."
    So by his statement, he'd just meant... that for a wanderer--someone who was probably supposed to be carefree and frivolous, lighthearted and following the breeze... Akatsuki was more grounded. Moved with a purpose. And had more serious intent.
    Or something like that.
    Akira seemed to be piecing together her situation slowly, and Akatsuki only nodded to confirm. "Yes."
    However, his sudden offer of assistance took her by surprise. She hadn't even asked him yet and already he was offering to help, even if it was only by giving information. And information was the only thing she was going to ask for, anyway. If he didn't have it, that was okay, too. But, he'd need to know more of the situation. What could she offer to help him see the bigger picture?
    She thought about it, some.
    There was nothing.
    Slowly, she moved her hand to grip her left arm. "I haven't found out anything. Nobody has seen him. I--I've searched everywhere I could in Tsuchi no Kuni, and when he was nowhere there, I started looking in other places." It's why she'd been to Kuwana, but hadn't stuck around for very long to appreciate the city. And, when she'd first started her search, she'd gone everywhere in Tsuchi no Kuni that she could think of, and he hadn't been anywhere. Nobody had seen him. And she'd been so scared and angry and frustrated-- "But nobody's seen him. Some people have seen people like him, but they were just other Kyōbō from different branches, not Yami. I even tried looking for the man who took him--I've checked prisons, asked people for him, too. But without a name or picture, nobody could tell me. He wasn't a normal civilian, so normal people don't know, but I usually can't ask ninja."
    Shinobi were a... risky thing.
    They might be helpful--or at least inform her that they didn't know anybody like who she was describing... But they might also try to kill her. Because she was a foreigner, or because she was rogue, or because they felt like it.
    "I--" she moved quickly to undo the latch of her necklace. "You have probably been to some places I haven't, or can't go, even inside Iwagakure, so--" she knew there was a small chance. He probably didn't, but there was no harm in asking. Maybe, just maybe, he had seen her brother. Taking off her necklace, she opened up the locket and held it up for Akira to examine. Inside was two small pictures--one of Akatsuki, though when she was significantly younger, and one of her twin--Yami. "Do you--have you at all, ever, by chance, seen him? I know you probably have not, but..."

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:08:07 GMT -5
investigating the unknown Nov 17, 2019 15:47:30 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

There it was. The driving force: and the anchor. So as she explained it, Akira quickly understood to not be a what but a who. He looked down her form as he walked, the marks on her arms. Everybody had their own scars, and Akira didn't particularly care, but he saw the care in how she gripped it. Perhaps there was more to the situation.

Akira would ask about it, but reaching the woman again? Hard to do for a wanderer. Unless he sent it to the map shop, perhaps that would've been the answer. At the same time, what would Akira be able to do if he was in an Iwagakure Prison? A daunting moral conundrum. If they were, it would depend on the severity of crime that Akira might've been able to twist some strings but at the same time, it was a very loose might.

Akira didn't stop when she'd mentioned the Kyobo initially but the name now rung solid bells for him, and he hadn't pieced together the fact about their eyes just yet but when he saw the different color, he'd be able to make the connection himself. But after his incident before he'd taken the time to look them up a bit more strongly, as to what Iwagakure had in connection to their clan, loosely. As she revealed the picture itself they'd already come to a stop, and it just took Akira to focus as he looked. Akira wouldn't reveal his information immediately but he would take the opportunity to look at the picture itself, holding it in his palm as he brought it closer to his face.

"No, I haven't seen this boy before." It was hard to imagine exactly what he would look like with reference to Akatsuki's current age, but nothing rang a bell for him. Akira did want to ask about the Kyobo, though.

"But to rewind for a moment... I know the Kyobo. Are you one of them? What's Yami?" His memories were graced with a less than positive memory of Horongai. But he had questions, and he didn't necessarily care and his movements weren't hindered by the information nor did he seem bothered by the situation at hand, though she wouldn't be able to tell the difference if he did have a problem with it, so he thought.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 17, 2019 16:56:11 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Akira hadn't seen him. The young woman nodded a little, understanding and not surprised, but disappointed, and took the locket back from him once he was done inspecting it. He had stopped walking for the brief time he'd looked at the picture, and Akatsuki appreciated the care he seemed to show for the situation. She was just a stranger, after all. He could have just given a quick glance to the image and dismissed the thought of recognizing him. But, instead he'd slowed to a complete stop to properly examine it, and really give the matter thought.
    It had just been a little detail, but it'd meant a lot to Akatsuki.
    Even if, like everyone else, he didn't recognize the boy in the end.
    As they went back to walking once more, Akatsuki looped the piece of jewelry around her neck and carefully clasped it before she tucked the necklace under her cloak. The locket slipped under the fabric of her leotard and was out of sight once again, though the silver chain was still visible.
    Well, that matter was over with, now. She knew it'd been a long shot, and although she always had hope to ask anyway, she didn't expect anyone to have seen him around. Besides, even if they had seen her brother, maybe he just hadn't left an impressionable memory to them and they'd forgotten all about him by the time Akatsuki asked. Nobody remembered every person they met, after all. It was a lot to expect of a person.
    Still, she was grateful that Akira at least had offered his help, even if in the end there was nothing he could do.
    He seemed like a sweet person.
    Though, it seemed he had his own questions, now. And concerning her clan, too.
    He knew the Kyōbō? How? They were a particularly secretive clan, so... most people didn't know about their existence. They were like a rare beetle, incredibly skittish and difficult to find. At least, that's how they were in this part of the world. Akatsuki knew the other branches were different, but... Had he met Kyōbō from the other sects? Had he been to Bonchi no Kuni and Hi no Kuni, and happened to come across some of them, there?
    It seemed unlikely, but if he'd been to Nohara no Kuni and Yukigakure, then she supposed it was possible.
    "Oh, um..." Akatsuki fiddled with the hem of her cloak, looking away, awkwardly. She didn't really want to admit it, but she supposed she already had. She'd been looking for her brother, but the only people she met who looked similar were other Kyōbō. She'd already told him that she was one without realizing or meaning to. "Yes... I am..." She took the hood of her cloak and tossed it up, covering her head. "Yami is my brother. That is what he is called. I am Akatsuki, he is Yami."
    Dawn and Darkness.
    "How do you know the Kyōbō?"

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:09:19 GMT -5
investigating the unknown Nov 17, 2019 18:05:27 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira gave a small 'ahh' in response. Quite literally brother and sister, by measure of the name as well. If he were a parent, that was pretty nice as far as it went. She had a fair right to know how or why Akira knew the Kyobo, but at the same time - wondered why she didn't know that. Perhaps she was just being inquisitive, or perhaps she was surveying herself.

"They have some loose ties with Iwagakure no Sato. I also met an overly temperous, angsty boy from the clan." Akira gave his quick explanation of what he knew, since she appeared to be from the same vein of people, and had no further knowledge beyond that. Horongai had not been a pleasant person to meet but he knew better than anybody not to immediately judge someone. That's how he ended up with some of the relationships he did, to the fact he'd even managed to have a reasonable conversation with Oonakayama Kasumi.

Akira placed his hands inside his pockets again as they walked, turning again quite sharply into a boulder-like field of rock and bush that began to marr the oncoming road, it would become a bit winding with lefts and rights while they moved by them, but otherwise there was still lots of room along the road. It would still take plenty of time to

Akira would create a seal and a clone would explode into existence, and take off pretty quickly. "Just surveying." Akira would assure the woman. He didn't want to be caught out, and perhaps being overly cautious meant that he was trying to make sure that he wasn't about to be mugged on the road.

Not too long after he'd mentioned it, he would pipe up again. "It looks relatively clear, a few people headed our way but nothing special, it seems."

NAME: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
Kage Bunshin is a Jounin level Ninjutsu technique. The normal Bunshin technique creates a copy of the ninja that lacks any substance. The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows, as well as their kekkei genkai. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained along with it's remaining chakra are passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones. This makes Kage Bunshin an excellent training method if the ninja has the chakra capacity and stamina to maintain the Kage Bunshins for an extended period of time. This allows the ninja to essentially reduce the time it takes to train and learn with each clone added. This is especially true when used with Tajuu Kage Bunshin.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 17, 2019 18:41:13 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Akira gave a brief explanation of how he knew of the Kyōbō, and Akatsuki slapped the palm of her hand to her forehead. "Ah! Right!" How could she forget?? The Kyōbō Settlement was not quite the same military power as Iwagakure, but they were still well trained and had knowledge of the shinobi arts. But they didn't serve Tsuchi no Kuni, and they kept to themselves. An incredibly secretive group of people that would easily be seen as a threat--or suspicious at best--by the rest of the country. So, to keep ties and relations friendly, they had one Kyōbō person live in Iwagakure, to show trust and that the settlement meant no harm. "I completely forgot about that! So silly."
    Akatsuki hadn't lived in the settlement for six years. And although even she knew that much about the settlement and Iwagakure, it hadn't exactly been the main focus of her life. When she was younger, she didn't care about politics and the relationship of the two villages. She just cared about fighting. Surviving.
    But, she knew. It'd only taken the brief mention to jog her memory of it all.
    Though, the mention of the Kyōbō Akira had met left Akatsuki smiling, even if only slightly. It seemed he hadn't had quite the greatest interaction with the Kyōbō at all. "Yes, well... That's a Kyōbō for you," the girl said awkwardly. "They are just... that way." She awkwardly rubbed the base of her neck and looked away. She couldn't even try to justify the behavior or try to salvage the reputation of all Kyōbō on the boy's behalf. The Kyōbō were angry people. And she was... well... she was one of them. She knew she'd probably be tarnishing her image, but she couldn't lie or try to pretend she wasn't a Kyōbō, or that she was somehow perfect and without her own issues.
    The Kyōbō name was not a good one.
    They were not loved or cherished people across the world.
    Akatsuki knew that.
    Iwagakure may not have known much about the Kyōbō people, and how could they when the Tsuchi Branch were so recluse and secretive? But it was not the same everywhere else in the world. There were other settlements. Different exposure. Akatsuki had come across them, she'd experienced it, herself. She knew how people saw the clan.
    "'We are bred from hatred and it's all we shall ever know'," she quoted, near silently. "But, you know--they are not," she paused, trying to think of how to word it exactly. It was a complicated matter. And although she knew she couldn't quite change the fact that the Kyōbō name had many issues, she didn't want Akira to hate them. She didn't want him to hate her. "They aren't--we aren't evil, though. Maybe not... good, but..."
    She couldn't deny that there was hatred. Rage, and anger, and violence and neglect and abandonment. It was the way of her people. And she knew those were not good things.
    She'd experienced kindness, and love, and patience and compassion. And those were wonderful things. They made people feel good, and safe, and loved and cherished and important. They were helpful, warm things.
    And the Kyōbō were not those things.
    But they weren't evil. It wasn't that they wanted to do bad things, necessarily. The Kyōbō could be good, too. They could be kind, they could love, they could learn discipline and patience. They could control their powers, and use it for good. They protected those they cared about with the fierceness of a hundred armies.
    "They aren't evil. Just... lost." That was the best way she could describe them. Describe herself. Perhaps she wasn't much that way anymore, but she still had known what it was. She'd still lived that reality, and even now she still had those struggles.
    Akira suddenly performed a sign with his hands, and much to Akatsuki's surprise--another him appeared! A clone! She gasped in surprise and awe, and watched as it headed off. Surveying, he explained. She nodded, understanding. It was good to know your surroundings and be aware of any danger. Although Akatsuki was able to detect certain elements of danger, and tried to be aware of her surroundings, there was only so much she could do on her own. And Akira's method--of making a scout to go look around--was a much more effective method.
    "I see," she said quietly, before looking at Akira quite seriously when he mentioned there were some people coming their way. They probably weren't a threat--likely just other travelers, though Akatsuki knew better than to lower her guard. Every person had potential to be dangerous. "Don't worry, though, Akira-san." She smiled brightly. "I'd protect you if they were bandits or something!"

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:10:16 GMT -5
investigating the unknown Nov 17, 2019 18:54:09 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira wasn't completely believed when she smacked her forehead in a 'recompense' type way, since she'd seemed well enough to know about different branches of Kyobo around the area, or the world. He couldn't really tell the scope of what she meant exactly.

"You don't seem that way." Akira would say plainly, again, if she was one herself then categorising them was a strange concern as well. 'Nukenin, perhaps?' Akira would think to himself. If Horongai defected himself then he obviously would be, but where did that put them if they only had loose relations to a nation? Did that really count? 'Depends on their contributions, I guess.' He confirmed. It was all down to circumstance in the end.

She would explain further and give insight into their clan, all useful information and just filled the gaps in Akira's knowledge. They had perhaps emotions without integrating or applying morals to those emotions. So they were each and individual. "Different anchors." A word that was coming up again and again. They had their own motivations, and if she was one Kyobo, then Horongai was another. Maybe she had something which would equally rile her up, other than everything (which Horongai seemed to).

He did take note of her surprise, it hadn't been what she was expecting either. He was wondering whether she might take it as a cause of suspicion, or she might not have been as jaded as Akira was or saw him better than he saw himself, or how other people could be as well.

"I don't need protection, but thank you." Akira would laugh, but it was an arrogant statement. He was strong, powerful, and did see himself as above the girl herself. That wasn't born out of spite, he just saw his personality as being stronger than her own. She could've quite easily cut him down as well, but he had no reason to believe or feel that as well.

As they walked, they would find the gap between the alleged travellers and themselves closing. At the rate they were travelling, and Akira would grow quieter with good reason. "They should've passed us by now, at the same speed we were going." Akira would say as he came to a stop, looking around in their area as he withdrew a weapon, a scythe to be held in one hand. "I don't think they were travellers. You may want to unsheath that." Akira would think as he done a quick one-eighty of his surroundings, memorising it.

A simple battlefield, but finicky. Boulders littered it, mostly human height - some larger, some smaller. You could move in between them a bit like a labyrinth, and there was the solid road that they were on as well that cut directly through it all, but there were plenty of crooks and crannies to hide in.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
investigating the unknown Nov 17, 2019 19:34:46 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

"I am that way, though," Akatsuki stated. She had learned a different way, and had become a different person than she used to be, but... That didn't make her suddenly change her nature. She couldn't change who--what--she was. She could fight it, resist it, and try to battle it, but it would never go away. She was just like any other Kyōbō, as far as she was concerned. She acted different, but she was still one of them in heart.
    And it's why she knew. Even despite any bad things she or any other member of her clan did--that didn't mean they were evil. Just because they did bad things didn't mean they wanted to cause harm to other people.
    Akatsuki nodded, confirming what Akira said. "His is protecting his new home, mine is finding my brother," the girl informed. She'd met the Kyōbō who lived in Iwagakure, at least, he said he lived there. But, likely, if she had to guess, he was there initially due to obligation. He was probably the one person they'd sent to live in the shinobi village.
    Still, she knew who Akira had met.
    Unless the settlement had decided to suddenly send multiple Kyōbō to Iwagakure, which she somewhat doubted due to their upstanding traditions, then surely it must have been the same boy. Akatsuki had conflicting motivations from him. While he wanted to protect his village, which he had grown so fond of and considered to be his home--the place where he felt happy--Akatsuki wanted--no, needed to find her brother. To abandon the settlement and seek him out at any cost. Her cousin had a moral obligation to stop her--in whatever way that was, and she did not wish to cause him unnecessary harm.
    They had different anchors indeed, and very different lives. The two Kyōbō had very conflicting ideals.
    But she understood that.
    But right now wasn't the time to discuss those sorts of things.
    The oncoming travelers were nowhere to be seen.
    Akira's words alarmed Akatsuki, and she immediately grew on edge. They should have crossed paths by now. Which meant only one of two things.
    Either they changed directions for some unknown reason--which Akatsuki doubted, or they were hiding.
    An ambush.
    Akira stopped walking and the Kyōbō mirrored him, immediately changing her stance.
    If we are about to be attacked, it could be one of two reasons. We may have just been unfortunate enough to have been selected as targets for some bandits to attack. Or, I've been found again and I'm going to have to fight a tracker ninja. She immediately drew her katana and got behind Akira, her back facing his as she kept an outlook to the surrounding area. She paid attention to every detail--the brush of the wind, some moving flowers, a flicker of a shadow over there--
    Akatsuki was acutely aware of her surroundings.
    For Akira-san's sake, I hope it's just bandits, she thought. It was a difficult enough thing already to fight shinobi on her own--especially those sent from her own settlement. But it was even more bothersome to drag other people into her problems. She didn't want Akira to get involved in a fight that wasn't his.

NAME: Nakama [Companion]
CLASSIFICATION: Offensive
ELEMENT: N/A
OWNER: Akatsuki Kyōbō
DESCRIPTION:
A beautifully crafted katana, with an ornamental tsuba sculpted with intricate dragons facing inward toward the habaki, which also has fancy design. The samegawa is an off-yellow color, wrapped in faded green ito sageo. There is a decorative menuki, crafted from gold. The blade itself had been folded over a thousand times, and though already forged from superior steel, because of this technique, the blade has a rippling appearance and ornate aesthetic due to this method of creation. This katana, however, is unique in that unlike most katana--it is incredibly heavy, near 50 lbs. Because of this weight, it is impractical for most people to use unless they have superior strength.

ABILITIES:
Superior Strength
This katana was not crafted from normal steel used in most weaponry. It is both flexible and incredibly dense. Because of this, the katana is nearly impossible to break--even by similarly ranked weaponry--and it can cut through durable and high-quality materials with little resistance, even capable of slicing through swords and weapons of regular steel. The material that this weapon was crafted from is not commonly used because of how incredibly dense and heavy it is, however, which makes the blade almost impractical to use by most hands. If this weapon can be lifted and swung around liberally, however, it is an incredibly dangerous tool.

Signature Recognition
A katana is often considered to possess the spirit of the warrior. Although this cannot be proven in most cases, it seems to be particularly true with this particular weapon. Unlike most weaponry, this katana seems to be reactive toward the wielder's chakra signature and cannot be properly carried by any other hand. Almost as if it were sentient, the weapon will change shape if held by anyone other than it's designated owner. The blade will lose its balance and render the weapon almost completely unusable due to it's complete inefficiency and difficulty to effectively swing or thrust. This katana will only recognize one wielder at a time--registering their specific chakra nature and reacting only to it. When the owner passes the blade onto another, it must be done so through a proper ritual. A seal is placed on the blade and can only be removed by the one who put it there, and when the blade is given a new owner, the seal is removed and the new owner will discharge their chakra into the blade as a replacement, creating a new seal and attuning the metal to function only when connected to that particular signature (connected by touch, for when the wielder is carrying the sword).
When the owner's chakra is present, the blade reacts to it and shifts in its shape and core, thus making the blade able to be effectively swung. However, when the chakra signature is not present, the metal distorts out of shape and the blade is near impossible to be used effectively.
In essence, this katana can only be used by the true owner of the blade and is ineffective when used by a stranger. It's almost as if the legend of a katana being forged with the soul of a warrior is true, and although not technically sentient, this unique weapon can certainly seem like it is.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 21, 2022 0:11:26 GMT -5