A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Dec 2, 2019 2:48:42 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation

A Stone at Sea

► Meeting the new Mizukage ◄

Takara would take the request of the Mizukage quite seriously, as she'd be unsure the private matter requested. However Amegakure had done something similar and the result was much in her favor, so she'd hope this meeting would do similarly. Unlike the Ame Lord though, she had less past and knowledge to fully trust the Mizukage. Thus this meeting was a risky endeavor, but a leader willing to take risks of their own health was one worth trusting. So this rendezvous would be quite important for the Elite Jounin.

Travel to Iwagakure from Kirigakure was one best made by sea, as the straight line path would be impossible with terrain. It'd also force anyone traveling to pass through enemy lands and risk unfavorable conflict. At sea though Kirigakure was a power not to be trifled with, so the two would be agreeing to arrive somewhere outside of the lightning countries coast. Takara wouldn't bring a fleet or anything defining, but instead as per her usual manner of travel would ride one of her clay creations.

Due to this she'd only bring herself and the necessary provisioning, as whatever forces Minako brought would be heading to the land of earth. To the blonde this meant there wasn't much reason to bring her own force. It could be a proud display of power, but also a hostile one. So instead she felt it smarter to make the journey herself. Sticking far out of the normal sensors range, as to not be spotted by any scouting. Circling the meeting location until Kirigakure's ship or ships came into sight. Then she'd swoop in at a slow pace with a meager incline. Allowing the crew more than adequate time to note the approaching Tsuchikage's bird.
NOTES // WORDS // // BOINK OF GS
Yoshiko has written 463 posts
A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Dec 6, 2019 14:31:41 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull
age 27 years old birthday 2 January rank Jounin occupation Nanadaime Mizukage

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

The sun shone down and reflected in the soft waves on the ocean, seagulls screamed and circled the clouds before heading towards shore. Ships filled with wares and a few shinobi cruised the waters steadily heading towards the rocky shores of Tsuchi no kuni. The travel had offered whaled sightings and star gazing, while normally available to anyone, being away from civilization meant brighter stars and it had been a welcome distraction to whoever had the night watch. 

Minako had spent the time sorting out her plans, while her meeting with Tatsuo had went well, it had been painfully obvious she was in a scene she wasn't trained for nor was she comfortable with it. However, their talk led to a decision which would eventually define her term as Mizukage. In the end, she felt there were little to reap by trying to be a diplomatic, negotiating presence when in truth she was anything but that. So now she no longer stood at a cross road trying to live up to some idealized image she had about Kages. Now she had made the choice to run the country as she could a squadron during war. It hadn't failed her in the past, the squads she led had been successful, if the rest of the Kages, Lords, and Ladies turned out to be terrified of stirring up the waters, Minako would punish such cowardice with the same impartiality as a predator took down the weakest prey in the pack. 

The Mizukage had dressed in gear not much different from her usual garb when she led teams, her grey-lilac flak jacket with the Mist symbol engraved on the shoulders, beneath that she wore a simple knee length kimono in black and gold. Beneath that she wore mesh armor to protect against any stray kunais or shuriken should they come under attack. Her mane of strawberry blonde locks were braided back to keep out of her face, but the braid ended and mingled with the loose tresses cascading down her back. They had been in the waters intended for her meeting with Takara for a while now, keeping an eye out for the Iwagakure woman. Minako's blue orbs scouted the distance and air as she stood at the helm of the ship. Would she be able to keep the alliance despite the plan she had in mind? How much should she divulge to the woman? Kirigakure needed the alliance after all, but if the plans with Tatsuo should prove to rattle, and perhaps even shatter, this alliance then surely the agreement between Amegakure and Iwagakure would fail as well. An entirely unfavorable situation to Iwagakure in the end. 

A bird came into view and a shout shortly after confirmed it was the woman of the hour. With her gaze raised to the sky and the bird the crew would make space for the bird to land on the deck, and Minako would welcome the Yutakako to her ship, hopefully this meeting would not sour the following meeting with the other nations.

"Welcome, Yutakako Takara "

She offered the other a smile, her voice firm, but with the cool edge many had come to recognize as hers. To show her respect towards the other she bowed. The respect and subservience to those holding the name of Kage too ingrained to be discarded so easily and could it really hurt anyone to show a friend the respect they were due when the two had no knowledge of each other. As she rose again, a brief, nagging thought about a certain iwagakure jinchuuriki reminded her that the whelp had probably run home to complain about the big, mean kirigakure shinobi. How ironic. 

"I'm glad we could meet like this, Tsuchikage. I know I am no long time friend, so thank you  for lending me your ear and time."   

With the thank yous out of the way she would gesture for the other to follow her and the blonde would lead them to the captain's quarters, which had so graciously been lent to her. Carvings and decorations filled the room, a large table in the middle bathed in light travelling through the windows. She would sit and offer a chair to the other as well. 

Captain's quarters: 

Kimono: 

Moro has written 833 posts
A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Dec 9, 2019 17:14:17 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

A Stone at Sea

Takara's landing would be smooth as the bird lacked the consciousness to question those around it or the surrounding it landed. It purely followed the command of the Tsuchikage's chakra. It'd land like any bird on it's feet, then lay down upon the deck, allowing the easiest dismount of the Yutakako. Her gaze shifting across the ship only long enough to catch the Mizukage or perhaps it was best to consider them the Daiymo? She wondered as a leader of the people, if she should pressure for such a title. However too much responsibility under one name could often lead to trouble and Tsuchi no Kuni's Daiymo was quite in tune with Iwagakure's ideals.

The sea was likely the better battlement for the mist shinobi, but Takara wasn't here to fight and her lack of guards likely made it present. She'd kept her swords at home as well and wore something most akin to the typical Iwagakure diplomat. It didn't totally fit her aesthetic, but these two weren't versed acquaintances and thus Takara tried her best just to look the part. That way anyone shy of a foreigner to the continent could recognize quickly who she'd been. They were supposedly in peace times, so she shouldn't have to worry about the gaze of others. However she'd of kept to the clouds until recently to avoid that trouble as well.

All seemed to work perfectly as the Mizukage would great her immediately. "Thank you for having me Kaguya Minako." The Tsuchikage would reply to the other woman's welcome. She'd return the bow without hesitation, as she had no desire to try to be imposing on this woman. She wasn't like many leaders before her, ripping leadership from another dead body. Instead she was chosen for the role by her peers and even if she died they were the ones in her eyes still running things. Only a fool would challenge her, as she could turn this meeting into quite the explosion at the cost of only herself.

"It's quite alright, I made a rather large demand of you after all. Besides my village and nation takes precedence over my friendships, I'd be unfit my title if I wasn't willing and able to oblige such a request. I'm sure as Daiymo of Mizu no Kuni you understand that quite well." She'd reply to the Mizukage in a proper and formal tone. Her reasoning being both a want to keep strong allies, a need to prove her own bravery and confidence, as well as the greater meeting of all leaders she wanted to preserve. Unsure what exactly would unfold in this pre-meeting Takara was mentally prepared for the worst, but faithful the light would guide her in the right direction ultimately.

Her last words sort of hinged on the idea the woman before her took the full responsibility of her role. She after all didn't just speak for her countries military, but the country itself really. A thing follower of Hikari took quite seriously herself, as her initial actions in taking mantle were to improve the lands infrastructure. To re-establish trust and trade with Ishigakure and the other nations around her. As well as attempt to strengthen it with those she didn't quite trust. An influx of wealth to the people made them happier and more willing to support other less morally appreciated actions.

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Dec 10, 2019 18:29:37 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

As the other spoke Minako would answer it with a hum, she knew she was here to serve her people and bring not only Kirigakure, but also the entire country of Mizu no Kuni, back to a wealthier state where you didn't feel the need to resort to crime to feed your family. Sadly, that was the reality for many...

The Mizukage knew her plans were no laughing matter and in the end, she would go through with her plans regardless of Iwagakure's stance. If the village lend their strength to Kirigakure, it would be greatly appreciated and it would mean her plans would proceed faster. Few remembered the old tales of the founding clans, but it had always fascinated the blonde Mizukage. As the two leaders found their seats Minako would find two glasses and a crystal flagon of wine. She poured a generous amount into both glasses and offered one to the Tsuchikage. 

"Wine? I have some grapes somewhere as well, if you are hungry?" 

If she wasn't hungry, Minako wouldn't bother fishing out more refreshments. She needed the table space for their discussion. While she didn't like divulging her plans to just anyone, she needed to be somewhat transparent if she wished to robe the woman and her forces into the little endeavor. Minako drank from her own cup, her eyes taking in the Tsuchikage for  a moment. She knew nothing of her other than she had held the seat of Kage for a while now. She had heard whispers here and there of the blonde, but otherwise she was as unknown to Minako as she probably was to her. Minako held no titles prior to the title of Daimyo and Kage. No war-monikers other than the one circulating her village. 

"So I won't drag this out more than needed, if I am honest, I am no diplomat. I prefer to settle disputes with my fists and blades, so forgive me if I seem a bit blunt at times, Tsuchikage Takara. "

She pushed a loose lock of hair behind her ear, observing the other woman for a moment before she reached for a map resting on a shelf below the table. The parchment was old and while it did need an update, it would be fine for the purpose Minako had in mind. She put her own glass a bit to the side and unrolled the large map of the world. A few of the borders had changed over the years, but largely it still fit the current world situation. 

"I wish to expand Mizu no Kuni, Not right now, but in the near future, as things are right now, opposition will be expected. So, I look to the allies of Kirigakure for support in the event we do need to fight." 

She paused, trying to gauge the other's reaction. If interest was displayed she'd continue if not, she would hold the pause to allow the other to reply and let her know the answer before any more time was wasted on explaining a plan which would play out far away from Iwagakure. 

Captain's quarters: 

Kimono: 

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Dec 16, 2019 17:20:48 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

A Stone at Sea

"Wine would be fine." Takara would state taking the filled glass and happily tasting it's content. She did so both as a bold display to show her trust, as well as a willingness to prove her honesty. Booze was the elixir of truth and she was sworn to a golden tongue, a phrase referring to her honesty. In other words Takara felt she had nothing to hide, but that didn't make her a saint. At least not in the eyes of pure good doers. As her faith was in jolly cooperation, to look out for the people, but to better oneself through the trials of 'fair' combat. Granted she admit her methods were often more or less unfair.

All was fair in love and war though they'd say, a war was where Takara reserved herself to fighting. She didn't see fit to her normal combat for pleasures purpose. Her ninjutsu was too destructive, but Takara was an Iwagakure shinobi through and through. There'd be nothing distinctly displayed by Takara's emotions. She'd listen carefully to the Mizukage, as she'd explain her outlook on herself and country. It was an interesting introduction to say the least, but it didn't trigger much of an emotional response from Takara. Instead she'd calmly take a sip or two more from her glass waiting for the Kage to finish her words.

"Expansion will almost assuredly mean a fight, but we're leaders of armies, not charities. So if you ask me a little fighting can bring a lot of good. Times of peace can degrade the skills of our shinobi, which isn't good for our villages." Takara would explain with a confident and calm tone of voice. Her eyes looking more or less into her drink, as she'd pause for another drink of the wine. "So to that extent Iwagakure would gladly assist it's ally. I need my shinobi's skills constantly refined. Our greatest trade is crafting shinobi tools too, so the more fighting the better off my village stands." Without hesitation or even further depth into the plot the Yutakako would agree to this request of sorts.

"I can without hesitation offer supplies in discount and bulk, I can also offer shinobi as needed for joint missions and I'd be more than willing to give as much strategical advice as desired. I've quite the history with planning and playing out battles." Takara would quickly move to the things she could without much knowledge agree to help, she'd do so to affirm more confidence in the Mizukage. As this woman brought up the concept without any clear intention when, so before the iron could cool Takara would subversively place pressure to consider sooner than later. "So, what expansions are you planning and what's your plan to do so?"

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Jan 1, 2020 14:59:12 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

At the Tsuchikage's immediate agreement and offering of her aid in this venture, Minako flashed a quick smile. Her eyes revealing a short burst of surprise, before it was suppressed. Carefully she smoothed out the wrinkles in the map before she started to gesture and explain her plan of attack.

"Thank you, Tsuchikage. So the plan would be to start small. The Nagi and O'uzu islands here and the surrounding small islands would be the first. I expect little resistance, although I do expect some from the island's braver individuals. I'd attempt to include all the nobles and such in the fold of nobles already present in Mizu no kuni to avoid too much of an uproar. After Nagi and O'uzu Islands, I'd move to include Reef, Sea, Jiro, Kika, and Taro. From all I expect some fight, but I'd mostly need your assistance with patrolling and keeping the peace. Starting from Reef and sweeping across, leaving squads on each islands incharge of keeping the peace and our claim. If possible, I'd try to take the Nagi and O'uzu via political arrangements." 

It was a rather... Long mission and it would land some of the Iwagakure shinbi in a position where they wouldn't return home in a while. She expected to have her new police force established and ready to train new members as soon as the islands were included in the great land of Mizu no kuni. She wasn't done, however. 

"I expect most of the fighting to happen when we move to absorb Tea and Mountain Country, but once that is done, it should be easier to drive any Konoha outposts and Daimyo soldiers from this part of Hi no Kuni. We have never been on good terms with Konohagakure and frankly, their presence so close to the sea is cause for concern, both from a stand point as Daimyo and Mizukage. " 

Not only had the hatred towards the Leaf shinobi been spoon fed all citizens of Mizu and Kirigakure, in all the wars Konoha had been against Kirigakure. The coast they possessed meant they could lay claim to some of the sea routes due to their loyal merchants and sailors, which meant less income to Mizu no kuni. Plus, as a previous seafaring folk, Minako felt it was only right they established their dominance over the sea. It was their and Yuki no kuni's domain after all. 

Captain's quarters: 

Kimono: 

Stuff Minako is pointing at while explaining her plan: 

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Feb 18, 2020 19:40:40 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

A Stone at Sea

Takara would listen to the woman speak and watch as her eyes feasted upon the map. It was quite the conquest the Mizukage was proposing, but it was also the words of the Daiymo. An interesting prospect to see if both shinobi and soldier would follow suit in this plan. A military expansion of this size would certainly draw the attention of those surrounding Mizu no Kuni. Although the main concern was in large Konoha's intervention, it wouldn't be the only obstacle.

Regardless what training attempts the Mizukage had in line, as well as the amount of political gain her name and word held. There'd be disagreement and perhaps riot or revolt. Sadly for the mist shinobi, it wasn't really something too concerning for the Tsuchikage. She'd see the ambition and enjoy the woman's desire to expand, a person with such thirsty goals was all the more willing to accept water. The more difficult things would get the more willing her ally would reach for Iwagakure assistance.

Perhaps the Daiymo of Tsuchi no Kuni wouldn't like to see his land so belittled by another. It could even stir the man to push for his people to expand as well. It could push the people to want the expansion, but more importantly it'd assure those willing to fight had a job. Willing combatants was something Takara had in quantity up her sleeve, she'd have more than Iwagakure's command after all. Her word carried weight elsewhere. It'd give her more global influence.

A stronger platform to stand upon when the heavy decisions needed to be made. "Much of your conquest won't be against the strongest forces, it'll largely be without shinobi. To that I assure you I can deliver more than needed to assist you in claiming and controlling these lands." Takara would begin, as she'd look to the map, her interests largely residing on the land in the center. Konohagakure's ports and connection to the sea.

"The renovation of my land has granted the teaching of stone construction through ninjutsu too. So even if your conquest gets violent and destructive, we can provide you with a quick means to re-establish people's lives. As Kage of the people, I assure I will give your new lands a solid restoration. A reason to praise and worship your rule, Daiymo-sama." Takara would offer with a bright smile and quick bow. Humbled to be offered participation in the event. As well as means to further motivate the woman's desires to claim.

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Mar 1, 2020 13:00:44 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

If the fellow Kage sought to manipulate and set up the newly appointed Mizukage, then agreeing and providing so willingly was a certain way to do it. She was eager to show her people as well as her shinobi that times were changing. That she would not remain idle and enjoy the life of a noble. She wanted to prove to herself she was able to provide and create rather than simply bubble and simmer with anger and restlessness. But, despite the doubt peeking its head up in her thoughts, she would choose to believe the Tsuchikage wanted to help her for the sake of gaining a stronger ally and weakening a common enemy.

The bow and show of respect as the ruler of a nation rather than just a village did take a back a bit, the title was not one she often used and even less did she allow the court to dress her up and parade her around dinner parties. She knew she would need to make her peace with the position and their wishes eventually, that or she had to kill them and eradicate the entire system, which would most likely lead to more trouble, as the Daimyo always had been more of the people's leader rather than the Mizukage had. In most civilians' eyes the Mizukage was the Daimyo's glorified attack dog and nothing major decided without the Daimyo. 

"Any help with rebuilding once the smoke settles, would be greatly appreciated and any Iwagakure shinobi would of course find both home and protection in our lands... While the opposition will not be great in regards to combat skill and jutsu, I fear i will need all you can offer when we move for Konoha. Their forces are great, always have been, and retaliation is expected in some form even after we take their ports. and land" 

Captain's quarters: 

Kimono: 

Stuff Minako is pointing at while explaining her plan: 

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Apr 16, 2020 20:48:54 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

A Stone at Sea

There'd seem to be a common thread and one the Tsuchikage was more than pleased to here. A common foe and concern felt within from the leaf village, it'd long since been the day that villages child leader spit on Takara's kindness. Now they seemed closer and closer to the day regret would stack upon that arrogant Hokage, a slight smile kept gleaming as the mention of Konoha was made. There'd appear to be no real concern from Iwagakure's leader, as she'd nod to show she took the statement still seriously.

"That's an understandable concern, but one I'm more than willing to assist with. It's been too long Konoha has been known as such a power and land of prosperity." Takara would begin with a raising tone. Not one of anger, but one of duty and confidence. "Too often are the battlefields drawn past it's boarders. A war is on the horizon and you're not the only one itching to battle. It's important my allies bolster their forces, but as for Iwagakure's aims. They're solely upon Konohagakure. You'll not face that force alone, so worry not about Konoha. When the time comes to invade them, Iwagakure will strike in full force." The words of this elite jounin came with many years of military discipline. A resolve stronger than almost any she'd had in the past too.

Takara didn't at this point dislike Hi no Kuni, she was sickened by their very existence. Long had they sat in the center of trade and richest of lands. Never had they needed to truly struggle, it was about time they understood the struggle the rest of the world faced. They'd always fought their wars in the minor nations, it'd be in Takara's opinion it was time one of the two main nations truly understood the front of war. Perhaps a thought which was damning of her own village, but if Hi no Kuni wouldn't make the move upon Tsuchi no Kuni, than it was only a matter of time before the children of war sought their next battlefield. Enough civil wars had happened, it was time that battle experience went to good use.

A Meeting at the Middle [Private]Apr 17, 2020 14:40:02 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

MINAKO
A MEETING IN THE MIDDLE

Minako smiled at the Tsuchikage's words. The confidence seemed to radiate from her, but while some would exude arrogance along with it, this woman did not. If anything it was inspiring and something Minako had seen in her own leaders. Something she hoped to be able to achieve as well. 

Talk of war ignited something in her, a burning drive to push forward to ensure victory. Some attributed it to upbringing, other simply called it the Kaguya Bloodlust. Minako knew the taste, knew the rush, still had trouble with the peaceful ways she faced after the civil war, so the prospect of a real war involving Kirigakure's allies was as tempting as a old drink of water on a hot day. 

"The world order will soon change, I'm sure. I am glad yo know we have Iwagakure on our side in the war against Konoha... Now, with my main topics out of the way, do you perhaps have anything you'd like to discuss or reaffirm?" 

This wasn't supposed to be a one sided meeting after all, if the Tsuchikage had any topics she would like to discuss then Minako would gladly entertain it, it'd be rude not to after Takara so graciously agreed to help and offered to help with the rebuilding too. An ally Minako would look to keep happy, that was for sure. 

MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans:400italic][googlefont=Open Sans Condensed:300]