Forum Suggestion

compose a reply
Forum SuggestionDec 10, 2019 17:29:25 GMT -5
Necro
All of the disadvantages in this world stems from a person's lack of ability.
Necro Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday 12/20 rank occupation TBA
Hey staff (and all members),

I would like to recommend a board with subtopics. The conceptual idea I have pertains to all of us; we're all writers, hobbyists or professionals, the idea of writing is to draw a tale you and the audience enjoy. Yes, this can be done through practice but what if we take it up a notch; we make a 'Peer Critical Review' [please try to make a better name] board. Topics from application, jutsus, equipment, clans, organizations, and especially writing style and content. My train of thought is a safe place to allow peers a place of critical thinking, member-led guidance, critiques and improvements as to not clutter the chats, plotting areas, or lord forbid actual applications, with member led advice in order to improve writing instead of just festering all your thoughts in private and not getting a chance to improve your style with an RPC or your overall style.
Rule suggestions:

• Member-Only Board
  • No intellectual theft
  • No flaming/hazing, or degradation of other member's and their critiques and ideas.
  • Open, honest Communication
  • Critiques allowed on a rotation. Allowing for the recipient to not only think about the input but acknowledge/express gratitude on feedback.
  • COMPLETELY OPTIONAL (Not everyone appreciates critiques which is more than okay)
  • Keep personal ideas personal, not every idea needs to be publicized if it's a secret/surprise/restricted
  • Refrain from generic feedback, individualize to help the recipient
  • Not all critique needs to be said publicly, can be PM'd/DM'd upon recipients' approval
  • Offensive, harmful feedback has no place here, will be deleted and consequences issued as seen fit.
  • Keep professional, safe place to comfortably and helpfully express idea.
has written 2 posts
Forum SuggestionDec 12, 2019 14:33:40 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
I am on nobody’s side for nobody is on my side. Nobody cares for the trees.
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
Hiya,
We do have a lounge where you can do all this already. People here should have the common sense to treat others like they want to be treated, so, I think if you were to put up a thread where you can request feedback on something, a post, a WIP app, weapon app whatever your heart desires. Others could simply tag you when they give you feedback in the thread, then everyone knows that feedback is meant for you and your request.

Perhaps with this format;
Link to post/app etc:
What do you want?: Vibe check for a character post? Just general feedback on what is good, what can be improved on etc.
Where do you want it?: Private/reply in the thread.

To me, it seems rather redundant to create a whole new board just for that purpose when this concept can be achieved in the lounge. That is my two cents on this.

- The Moro-monster
Moro has written 410 posts

quick reply

compose a reply