The Art of Gen [Inari]

compose a reply
The Art of Gen [Inari]Dec 16, 2019 3:58:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
i never told a lie, and that makes me a liar.

As a student in the academy, there was always more to learn, there were different styles, different practices, and different that could be applied to certain situations. A student could never know too much simply because knowledge was infinite. Kazui wanted to know everything, well as much as she could. From ninjutsu to genjutsu, to fight with weapons, the art of bukijutsu. She wanted to learn it all, which brought her to this training ground where she sat awaiting the arrival of well whoever was supposed to teach her. A friend of Kazuto that the man had told her to keep an eye out for. She had red hair, and was rather small. How small? The girl had no idea. So she would just stay alert for any girl that had orange hair. Her name was Inari, which was a helpful clue incase she just resorted to asking people if their name was Inari.

She had no clue what she would be learning, but honestly she was more excited than anything, and the mystery behind it all only made her even more anxious to get started. Kazui’s mind began to race through the different things she could possibly learn about. Fūinjutsu? Genjutsu? If she had to take a guess, she would choose between those two, simply because they seemed...different. A notepad rested in the young girl’s hands as she sat against a tree with her legs pulled tightly into her chest, waiting for today’s teacher.

@ ● notes here ● word count
MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Dec 16, 2019 15:41:28 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
I am on nobody’s side for nobody is on my side. Nobody cares for the trees.
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
You have me on the run.

Many things used to occupy the redhead, but... But lately it was sleeping, which dominated her free time. When it wasn't that, then it was work in some capacity. She had been told to prepare for a new task, one which wouldn't rely too heavily on her silent movements, or her ability to gather information. All she had been told was it concerned a prisoner, who proved to be difficult to get to talk. She had planned on napping, but when Kazuto had asked if she could go teach someone, then she had beamed a smile at him and said 'yes of course, Kazuto'. Because it was the least she could do... She felt like a gutter rat, walking around hiding the fact that she would be retiring soon... Hell, if she was lucky she might be around to see him get married, but she doubted it.

Inari had dragged herself out of the house, her hair had grown quite an amount and was as long as it had always been. Well almost. Dressed in a set of navy pants with her ankles and calves wrapped in bandages, a set of boots and as a top she wore a forest green turtleneck. It was casual enough and yet professional enough to look like a teacher. She tied the headband around her waist. 

When she finally arrived at the trainig ground it was with her small stringbag over her shoulder and her blue hairpins holding her sidebangs from her face. Now where was this Kazui, Kazuto had asked her to meet? She looked around, hopped on a small boulder and looked around for the girl. 
notes and tags

vulpina
Moro has written 410 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Dec 16, 2019 23:56:12 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Kazui’s eyes constantly shifted from left to right, searching for anyone who fit the description that Kazuto had given her. Orange hair..Orange hair..Orange hair. The girl repeated to herself. As people continued to walk past, her eyes followed subtly until she eventually saw a person with orange hair walking alongside their friends. The girl stood up and began to speak but before she could ask if their name was Inari, the guy turned around. The girl sighed in defeat, she was sure that was the person she was looking for, but it wasn’t.

"Darn..”

The girl would mumble to herself as she began to return to her spot under the tree. Tapping her notepad softly on her leg as she walked. She had to be somewhere, surely she wouldn’t be forgotten..well..the girl wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. Her dark eyes shifted as she looked past the trees, a figure was standing on a boulder looking down. Kazui smiles and jumped up and down, waving her arms trying to get their attention.

"Inari! Inari!”

The young Uchiha would shout excitedly. Jogging towards the person she would realize that she was definitely who she had been looking for. A smile on her face as she greeted the girl with a bow.

"A pleasure to meet you, Lady Inari.”

Inari didn’t look much older than Kazui, but she definitely deserved the girl’s respect, especially since she would be her teacher for the day.

@tagsomeone ● notes here ● word count
MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Dec 26, 2019 11:25:21 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
You have me on the run.
Hmm, where was she? Inari's eyes scanned and scanned, but nothing. It took a while, but just as she was about to jump down she heard her name being called out. She twirled around to see a shorter, dark haired girl. Hmm, she was younger than Inari, but not by much. Probably around her brother's age. 

"Are you Kazui? Kazuto told me to train someone, so her I am" 

She jumped down from the boulder and gave the girl a small bow with a small smile on her lips. 

"Nice to meet you, too"

She would stand a bit taller as she walked past the girl. It'd do better to do the training a bit further from the primary grounds, that way they wouldn't be in the way of any of the other training genin, chuunin and even jounin. She assumed it was some basic genjutsu training, since... Well it was really the only thing she was good at and better at than Kazuto. He would probably have taught the girl himself if he was more confident in his genjutsu ability. He wasn't bad, average was perhaps... almost an insult, but a better fit seeing as it wasn't something he understood entirely as well as one could. 

"So, what did you want to learn? Kazuto didn't give me much information, I'm afraid" 

Inari would sit down, throwing her bag a little ways to the side and her mocha gaze settled on the girl. 
notes and tags

vulpina
The Art of Gen [Inari]Dec 26, 2019 15:33:56 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Kazui would jump up and down, doing big movements to attempt to grab the lady’s attention, and once the orange haired girl responded Kazui knew that she was the one she had been looking for, and the one who was supposed to be teaching her a thing or two today.

"Hai..I am Kazui, of the Uchiha clan.”

The young girl would say with a smile across her face as she turned to show off the Uchiha clan symbol sewn perfectly across the back of her shirt. Quickly turning around, she would begin following Inari away from the primary grounds, just to ensure they weren’t getting in the way or interfering without other shinobi’s training and what not. Kazui would grab a seat in the open field as Inari asked what exactly she wanted to know. The girl was hesitant to answer, mostly because she wasn’t sure what she was going to be learning.

"Uh…”

She would mumble quietly as she pondered on the possibilities. Her mind began to shuffle through memories until she eventually remembered that a friend of hers told her that she had a natural affinity for genjutsu...whatever that meant, perhaps it was a good thing, and perhaps she could try to further understand it.

"Genjutsu..I guess. Like..the importance of it and perhaps why it’s superior to other arts and what not, y’know”

The girl would say, taking a moment to collect her thoughts before continuing on.

"I don’t know much about it so...anything can be helpful.”

Kazui would explain as she shrugged her shoulders. Pencil and notepad in hand, she was ready to write down and listen to whatever Inari had to offer her.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 16, 2020 9:38:14 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
It quickly made sense as to why Kazuto had suggested her. With a small smile she studied the young girl. Genjutsu was a tricky thing, but to say it was superior to the other arts were... A bit much if you asked Inari.

"Genjutsu is kike any other art, if you put in the work, you get results. It isn't as... Versatile as Ninjutsu nor is it as obvious as taijutsu. Essentially, your aim is to turn the opponent's mind again against themselves. Or turn them against their allies. There is no glory in it and the nasty ones can put even the strongest taijutsu user out of commission. Some even kill. "

Inari's voice was serious, the usual warmth and cheer her voice held seemed to have withered to a shadow of what it used to be, but she attempted to still look somewhat content and well rested. The latter wasn't really the case.

"You have to understand how the mind works, how you and your opponent thinks. While you may experience something in one way, your opponent might experience another thing entirely. Uhm... For an example, if you are horribly scared of spiders, you will freak out if one suddenly appeared on your arm. But for someone who doesn't mind them, they'd be able to shrug it off, let it be or keep fighting. The same is the case if you have been through something horrible and you are still standing, if you put another through the same, they might break. What I'm trying to say, you have to know what you are doing and what your goal is because subjection to some of the nastier genjutsu can leave deep scars and permanent damage to the psyche." 

She explained. Hoping the girl would stop her or ask questions. It helped if she got a clue on how much the young uchiha knew. 
notes and tags

vulpina
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 16, 2020 21:49:24 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Kazui readied her pencil and pad as she felt Inari was about to begin to start talking. Every style of shinobi arts had their advantages over all the others, which is what the young girl meant when she asked for it to be explained, there was a reason why she wanted to be good at everything, for the exact reason that there were weaknesses in them all.

As the orange haired gal went on to speak, Kazui would scribble each word and statement on her notebook, neat handwriting soon began to fill the page little by little. It was the basics, but the young girl took the time to write everything down still until she found a good place to stop for a moment to comprehend all of the things Inari had said. It’s an attack on the mind, and some may even be fatal. Her left hand would rise up to her chin as she began to think, she never knew that it could kill, it was a good thing to know however.

The girl wouldn’t spend much time reflecting though, as the young lady went on to explain further about the art. Understand the mind, understand how not only the opponent thinks, but your own thought process as well. ’Makes sense.’ The young girl would think to herself as she continued to write and Inari continued to speak. Genjutsu seemed very complicated underneath the surface. One had to know what kind of opponent they were dealing with, but how exactly would they know? Stopping for a moment the Uchiha would raise her hand briefly.

"How do you find out if something will work or not? Do you study beforehand? Or is it just trial and error?”

The young girl would ask softly before adding on.

"I’m not afraid of much..physically. But I’m afraid of losing everyone, and ending up alone..W-Would a genjutsu be able to exploit that?”

She would ask in a concerned tone.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 18, 2020 11:09:04 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
A short moment after she stopped speaking, Kazui raised her hand and a short nod from Inari made it clear she was free to ask her questions. With a wry smile on her lips, she started to answer after she had heard both of her questions,

"Trial and error if you are not familiar with the person. Generally, people will always react to things flying at them, like weapons and such. Humans are pack animals and have basics needs which needs to be met, such as food, water, warmth, rest, safety, and a pack. People don't do well as loners, at least not their best. So if anyone threatens these needs or perhaps appeals to them, they are often drawn to either protect of accept whatever changes were forced upon their reality via a genjutsu. " 

She paused to give the student some time to write down and do the notes she wanted to do, before she continued.

"As for the fear of losing your loved ones, it can very much be used. It is a common target as well if you are looking to throw an opponent into panic or sorrow, but... Everything is a double edged sword. What if they have nothing to lose? Then showing them losing someone isn't really an option and in some cases, it motivates them to cut you down even more."

Mocha eyes drifted to the view of the training field. It was a fear they shared...

"I fear losing my family, but... I'm a shinobi, my parents are shinobi and while I'd be devastated I also know I'd never let the person who did such a thing to me and my family get away with it. You can't remove the fear, but you can accept it and come to terms with the thought that you, your loved ones, everyone is going to die. Your choice of career is certain to make it happen sooner than if you had chosen to be a baker or a seamstress. And even if your loved ones aren't shinobi, they might pass before their time because of one of your enemies."

It was a brutal truth, but one you'd have to accept. The pay was great for the work they did, but sometimes, when innocent lives were taken as a result of your actions, then all the ryo in the world wouldn't be enough to make it acceptable. 

"Can you live with the risk?"

She had to ask. Too many academy students with great dreams of doing good were surprised when their enemies could even dream of going for their loved ones, but the shinobi world and the civilian world were one and the same. Nothing was fair and your enemies always looked to exploit any point of weakness they could find. 
notes and tags

vulpina

The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 18, 2020 19:12:01 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Scratching and scribbling of Kazui’s writing started up yet again as the older, more experienced girl offered an explanation of how one would go about finding the perfect genjutsu to use on an opponent. The young Uchiha figured trial and error would be the way to do so, seeing as most of the time you’ll never know about the personal life of the foe you’re fighting, unless they just so happen to be rather infamous and notorious around the ninja world, or at least one’s home village. But there were common and basic things that most humans required that would probably be a good start with attacking their minds with genjutsu, but it did not work all the time.

Dark hues shifted up to the chunin once she was finished writing everything down, letting the lady know that she was ready to continue on with the lesson, and once Inari started speaking again, Kazui did not waste any time to writing everything down, until the lady confirmed that targeting the feelings of loved ones was a common practice. The Uchiha would pull the pen from paper, and listen carefully. The words were getting heavier and heavier as Inari continued on, explaining that accepting that one day family, friends, loved ones, and even herself are bound to perish. And that being a shinobi made the chances more likely. The young girl took a moment to digest the words.

"Oh.”

She would say softly as her gaze shifted to the grass beneath her. It wasn’t like the girl never knew the dangers to being a shinobi, but the conversation did snap her back into reality. She knew of the risk and the dangers that came with the lifestyle that she was eager to be a part of. Slowly nodding her head, she would answer the chunin’s question with a bit of confidence.

"Mmhm..”

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she scratched the top of her head, thinking over everything she had learned so far. Genjutsu sure was a complex and scary thing.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 21, 2020 2:18:20 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
And so the other agreed, she knew the risk, she accepted it, and she was ready to live with it. Inari took the answer, but lacked any confidence that the girl truly understood. She might never truly understand until she stood with a kunai buried in someone's neck, their blood gushing out and over her. Or perhaps... Perhaps she wouldn't have to experience that until she was ready. Some went through brutal C rank missions, others were assigned more mundane and peaceful missions. With a small nod she continued.

"You know how the Yamanaka are famous for their mind transfer jutsu, right? Genjutsu and that looks similar, but the main difference is, you can't poke around in someone's mind like they can. You can cast an illusion on an enemy, but you can never know what they are seeing unless it the genjutsu conjures something specific."

Inari leaned back, resting her hands behind her for support. What else could she tell her?

"Of course, you can have the genjutsu cast on yourself by someone else, but like I said before, genjutsu can cause lasting damage even on those with greater mental fortitude. "

Her mocha brown eyes studied the young Uchiha a little.

"Do you wish to focus on genjutsu in the future? After the academy, I mean. Your clan has a great reputation and you all have the potential to become some of the best genjutsu users the village have to offer" 
notes and tags

vulpina
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 21, 2020 3:09:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"I suppose so.”

Kazui would say confusedly and hesitantly at the chunin asking if she knew about the Yamanaka’s speciality jutsu. She didn’t know a ton about them, or really any other clan unless one of the members actually told her themselves. She had a few classmates in her homeroom at the academy that were a part of Yamanaka clan but she still didn’t know much about them. The most she had learned about the clan was when she stumbled across them in a history book. It highlighted a few notable members of the clan but it didn’t go into details. But based on the name Kazui figured they could..transfer their minds? Brain transplant? She didn’t know.

The Uchiha’s eyes looked up towards the clouds in the sky as Inari continued on with her explanation. Creating an illusion and actually being in someone’s psychic were two totally different things, and honestly that was easy for Kazui to understand. The chunin went on to add that it was possible for someone to cast a genjutsu over her, but the side effects were a big gamble.

"Mmm..”

Her eyes continued to face the sky as her mind wandered. What was it like to be placed in a strong genjutsu? She wanted to experience it, at least once, but after what Inari just told her, she would hesitate to ask. Instead she just continued to follow the clouds. The question that Inari followed up with however did catch Kazui’s attention. Did she plan on practicing genjutsu? Of course, but before she could answer, Inari would go on to explain about the Uchiha and their genjutsu prowess. ’err..’ She would groan inside as she flopped onto her back, looking up at the sky still.

"My friend says the same thing all the time. He says I have an affinity for the art, but I don’t think he knows what he’s talking about, honestly.”

Kazui would say as she recalled the day she practiced with one of her friends who was a rather decent practitioner of genjutsu. It didn’t seem like Kazui had an affinity for anything really, but the boy insisted that she had something special with Genjutsu. The Uchiha wouldn’t linger over the thought to long, there was still something she wanted to ask. Quickly sitting up straight again, the girl would place her hands in the grass as she leaned closer towards Inari. She hesitated for a moment but the question eventually came forth.

"Can you place me under genjutsu please? I would like to experience it and see how difficult it can be to get out of.”

The girl would say before taking a moment. Placing a hand softly on her chin as she thought to herself. Was it even possible to get out of genjutsu?

"Oh and...how does someone get out of genjutsu?”

Kazui would add on as she scratched her head confusedly.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 21, 2020 3:23:18 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
All in all, Kazui seemed uncertain if she wanted to focus on genjutsu or not. Perhaps she felt pressured to seeing as it and katon was something her clan often specialized in. Inari wouldn't press the issue any further instead Kazui would make her own request. 

"Oh, I thought you learned kai at the academy, sorry -my bad. You use a jutsu called Kai. A genjutsu will force the flow of chakra to be set in a loop or a particular flow. So to release it, you need to shock your chakra system. To do that you either have to suppress your own chakra flow briefly and then let it build up for a second before letting it flood your system again. It is easier to have another Kai you out of a genjutsu though, as they can disturb your chakra flow with their own chakra simply by introducing it. There is also physical pain. It quickly gets dangerous though, as you might end up damaging yourself enough to give you a disadvantage for the rest of the fight. Some of the stronger genjutsus will need you to lose a limb to get out of them, others require fatal wounds, so in the end... It quickly becomes a matter of picking between two evils. Of course, you have to realize you are under a genjutsu to break it" 

As for putting her under a genjutsu... Inari had some harmless ones, but she also had some which were... A bit nastier. Her eyes narrowed with a hum. 

"What type of genjutsu do you want to be put under? And for how long?" 

notes and tags

vulpina
The Art of Gen [Inari]Jan 21, 2020 3:45:28 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Kazui shook her head quickly side to side, letting Inari know that they didn’t really teach them Kai at the academy, perhaps the discontinued teaching it? Or maybe they just forgot, but either way the young girl wasn’t informed of the technique. Once Inari began to explain, Kazui would grasp her pencil again and began scribbling as fast as she could keep up with the chunin’s explanation. So basically she would disturb her own chakra using the technique and then she would be free? It seemed much more complicated than that, and as Inari went on and on, it seemed as if breaking out only got more difficult and ten times more dangerous than she thought at first. ’Pain??’ The girl would think to herself in a concerned tone. Kazui would avoid harming herself at all cost, so if that meant putting extra effort into genjutsu, then so be it.

"That doesn’t sound too fun.”

Kazui would add on as she sighed at the thought of potent having to borderline kill herself in order to escape. But she wouldn’t complain too much to Inari, she didn’t ask for this lesson. It seemed as if the chunin wasn’t opposed to throwing the Uchiha in a genjutsu. Kazui pondered a bit as her mind wandered.

"Hmm..something relatively strong but not for too long.”

She would say softly before looking up towards her superior.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
The Art of Gen [Inari]Feb 9, 2020 3:43:00 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
You have me on the run.
And so the young academy student would scribble down what Kai was. Or well.. What it essentially was. It sounded painfully simple, but once it came down to it, it had a few twists and turns you'd have to figure out on your own. 
Kazui seemed to hesitate at first, but then she figured out what she wanted. Sure, Inari wasn't going to hit her with the strongest she had, but if she wanted something strong, then she'd get something strong. Inari weaved three seals as she spoke, 

"Look at me, Kazui" 

If the young uchiha did look her in the eye, then her shadow would sprout shadowy teeth and red eyes. If her imagination was any good, maybe her own mind would supply a growl as well. If not, the shadow would launch itself at Kazui anyway. Snapping at her, ripping at her mental strength and raking sharp claws at her defenses. It was no kind technique, so as soon as it was launched, Inari readied kai. Her own chakra surging to her hand, so once the young uchiha started to show any real signs of pain or serious groundbreaking fear, she'd tap her forehead, whispering a short 'kai' as she introduced her own chakra to Kazui's system, shocking it back in place and shaking the technique. 

Kai[release]

NAME: Musaborikuu no Kage [ Devouring Shadow ]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium-High

CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu.

ELEMENT: N/A

DESCRIPTION:

After doing three hand seals and having eye contact with the target the user creates an illusion that makes red eyes and sharp rows of teeth appear on his shadow before it rises from the ground and launches itself at the target. Once upon the target it will begin slowly devouring it causing mental pain and exhaustion to the recipient if the user is specializing in genjutsu it can even cause death by a stroke if the target is sufficiently weakened. The down side is that the technique requires users to limit the amount of pain the target feels during the process or risk the genjustsu collapsing on itself otherwise.

vulpina
The Art of Gen [Inari]Feb 11, 2020 4:39:12 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Kazui’s eyes began to wander for a brief moment. Dark hues looked at the ground as the girl combed her fingers through the blades of grass that were right in front. She wanted to know just how strong and useful genjutsu could be, and so Inari would do so. The young girl had no idea what to expect so she closed her eyes and awaited the chunin’s instruction. Inari weaved hand seals quickly and called the Uchiha’s name. Her eyes opened slowly as the girl began to hesitantly look up towards the lady with one eye opened. She cowarded for a moment as she locked eyes with Inari, and in that instant, her shadow would lunge at her with claws, sharp teeth, and bloodshot eyes.

Kazui quickly shut her eyes tightly and screamed as she scurried away from the monster and closer to Inari, trying to hide behind the lady. She was terrified to open her eyes, and wouldn’t do so until Inari confirmed that the monster was no longer there.

’Hell no..that was not an illusion.’ Kazui would think to herself as she held onto Inari tightly, her body trembling in fear and anxiety as her eyes remained closed. Once she opened them again, tears would run down her face. The girl would wipe them away with her sleeve as she looked around to make sure everything was safe.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts