Family Fools [Private]Jan 24, 2020 8:58:15 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Was she trying to psychologist him? Akira had enough of it from one person, let alone another. The hours and days he'd spent in circles of other people, or the time he'd spent explaining how he felt - honestly, Akira was simply sick of it. Akira rolled his eyes, and turned to face her - arms crossed now, standing, and preventing himself from pacing across her living room like it was her own.

He knew that Kyoko was acting in his best interest, that she loved Akira and wanted the best for him. It was a difficult process.

The man found himself wordlessly disagreeing, only for the sake of disagreeing and not because he thought she didn't have a valid point. It was him being obstinate if only for the idea of it. "But I'm not happy." There was so much that he had to achieve just yet, so much that he needed to accomplish and leave everybody else in the dust. Akira was like Yoshiko: never stopping, with his own responsibilities though not as involved with other people from being a clan head.

It wasn't because things weren't good in his life, it was because he was not yet satisfied - not yet ready to call it quits. He didn't have everything yet. Sure, Yoko had brought a smile to his face - but in his mind it was no different because others brought a smile to his face as well, though it was a lot less than what envisioning in his head.

It didn't help that the man was picky, he didn't form close friends at all at least, not as sincerely since Aoshi and Naoda - and held many acquaintances. That was its own can of worms as to why he'd avoided creating such close friends. There was Ouritsu, potentially? He knew he could count on Yoshiko but he didn't see her as a particularly close friend. Was Kaito even a weird contender? He couldn't really tell. But acquaintances didn't equal friends. Then there was him being clanless. The clan and clanless topic was always a hotly discussed one in the modern day, given how it'd started a civil war before and how tension didn't cease to exist after the fact.

It also held logistical problems: being a Shinobi wasn't a nine-to-five job that he could be like a civilian and destress from. Akira was always doing something, always out of the house every single day without fail. If anything, Akira set pushing himself too much and not allowing himself to fail - by setting his own standard too high. A hedonistic treadmill, so he had read up.

Just as it had been when he was thirteen, he didn't know where to turn. He'd remembered speaking to an unknown woman, Akatsuki: about how he'd wanted to take up new hobbies. Again, nothing had been actualised of that. Akira nearly sighed but was content in just his eyes drooping, gazing elsewhere in her home.

He was in his head a lot, and realised he'd really just been silent throughout his thoughts. "Well.. uh." he cleared his throat. "Things are fine as they are. I'm getting better... Doing therapy again." His volume was growing lower, only because he didn't really want to admit it.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Jan 28, 2020 13:26:07 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Akira would point out that he "wasn't happy," and if he hadn't already expressed that earlier, it was pretty obvious in the way he went dead on their little chat after saying it. Kyoko poured herself more tea, violet eyes falling away from him in the process.

Eventually he snapped out of himself and spoke up. Therapy? She looked up. "Huh. Good." She set the kettle down, took a drink, and would add more convincingly, "Really. That's a big step." Did she believe him when he said things were "fine as they were"? Hell no. If things were "fine," he wouldn't be in therapy. But knocking him down when he was making an effort wouldn't do him any good.

"Sometimes it's okay to let yourself be satisfied in the moment, though," she told him. And, hopefully, he would get the deeper meaning in that. Kee was ambitious, but ambition could bog someone down just as easily as drive them forward. His little victories were just as important as the big ones. She knew the weight--the pressure--he placed on himself. But whether he was a beast or a man, he could only do so much for himself and for others. Just because he wasn't satisfied with how his life was right now didn't mean he never would be. Kyoko didn't know when he'd signed back up for therapy but...it was a relief knowing he saw the value in it. His pride hadn't put him above going--or admitting he was.

"Is there anything that...does make you happy, nowadays?" she asked, her voice more tentative than was usual for her. "Your promotion at least must've been something." She was approaching what she knew to be a touchy subject and was actually half-expecting him to give her ambiguity over explicit honesty. They were siblings but he wasn't required to tell her everything. Still, she was, very plainly, trying to reach out and understand...even if it wasn't welcomed with where his thoughts were at.

@akira HEX: #2d9158 No notes!

last edit by Deleted on Jan 28, 2020 13:27:55 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Jan 28, 2020 19:10:42 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

moment music

Since when had this discussion become about him? Akira wanted answers from her regarding her Shinobi background. Well, he reasoned with himself that he'd wanted to know for how long it had been happening: tick. Akira had also come to try and pull her from the life. A negative, but tick. A large portion of that reasoning was with how long she'd been in the force for. Unfortunate. But she was still here, after five years. Same as him.

She recognised that it meant a lot that he'd been doing therapy again. "Yeah, on and off since I moved out. More regularly as of late." he gave his sister the benefit of the doubt, and the trust that she deserved. Even now that she was a Shinobi, subconsciously he did feel himself opening up to her some. But he still needed to see her fight to be happy. While Akira perused through the room, half on the conversation and half between the plants and overall decor: now currently looking at one of the pictures in the room, he didn't really want to answer her questions, not did he want to accept being satisfied: it was how he ran. It was when his ship was most effective, when he was best at work. But the brother answered her nonetheless.

"There was." He responded plainly, and he hoped she would leave it at that - because he'd placed his happiness in something that happiness shouldn't rest, or depend on. Akira didn't find himself being satisfied by much. But his "The Jōnin promotion, uh... I was happy, but I had always been expecting it. The promotion was rightfully mine, knowing how hard I worked for it." Basically, Akira felt accomplished at most: but not happy. It also meant more freedom, more knowledge to learn - more things to be able to explore on his own mark, while retaining his existing duties.

It also meant that his responsibilities increased, his overall role increased, and so did the scrutiny surrounding him and his Bijū. In order for him to be the greatest, the best, the most powerful: Jōnin was naturally the next step in his ladder. Now it was all about image for him. "I have too much to achieve, I can't stop now." Akira was giving her a lot to focus about. "What about you? What happened with the attackers? Asako-nesan? In fact, how'd you even manage to get Asako-nesan to keep her mouth shut?"

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:
Jinchūriki, Stalwart Hide, Bukijutsu Maverick, Hawkeyes, Seal Weaver [Always Active]

Genjutsu Innovator [Inactive]
Genjutsu Subterfuge [Inactive]
Political Orator [Inactive]

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
last edit by Deleted on Jan 28, 2020 19:20:33 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Feb 3, 2020 5:34:22 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Regular therapy. That'd be so good for him. He was taking it seriously, at least. His promotion was only logical to him, and it sounded as though he hadn't celebrated it for the milestone that it was. It'd just been a stepping stone to him. Kyoko loosed a silent sigh. He couldn't have just sat back and enjoyed himself for a while. One thing finished, straight onto the next. Saying he had "too much to achieve" just sounded like an exhausting way to think about things. Kyoko wanted to reiterate the "being satisfied in the moment" point, but she didn't like repeating herself. So she didn't.

"If you say so," she deferred flatly. She wasn't going to make it into an argument of ambition. And, really, she wasn't aiming as high as Kee was so she couldn't exactly relate. Tsuchikage? Feh. She couldn't have cared less.

Kee posed a valid set of questions, though. What had happened to their attackers that night? "They got away," she said. "I filed a report with the village police but the group was gone with the wind. I'd know 'em if I saw 'em again, though." She sipped at her tea. "You know Asako. She does as I ask if I'm nice about it." And her being "nice" about anything was a treat reserved only for her family. And Ataro.

"As for me, I'm content with where I'm at. A median rank is better for me than the top. I don't trust our leadership any farther than I could throw them," she said bitterly. "Which isn't far, Kee." Another sip of tea. Kyoko's disdain for the village authorities wasn't something she hid. As far as she was concerned, they hadn't proven themselves worthy of respect and trust--not with the situation they'd forced Kee into. If it came down to it, she'd fight for her family before she fought for Takara and her council.

has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Feb 3, 2020 10:10:37 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

He didn't like that there were people out there that got away, a flame in his system: though not a lot he could do about it with how many years ago it had been. They were probably long gone, for only a little while. Kyoko would eventually encounter them again in the future, and they would also feel the sting of her fists. That would be enough for him.

"Mmh." Akira grunted in response. Asako was the sweetest, child-like sister of them all. She was in love with life, bright eyed and ready to see what the next day brang. She was all of the positive traits of the Satori household and none of them. But it also meant that her backbone still needed some work since the anger and standing-up-for-onesself usually came hand in hand with them.

But Akira turned to her, with her ambitions, he didn't want to turn her down for them, because they simply had different ideas on the subject. Akira would climb higher, and if she was happy? All the power to her. The same came from one of his students as well, who would be happier outside of the military. So he didn't want to interfere with that. But his interest was piqued when she said she distrusted the leadership.

Akira would sit down next to her again. "Why do you distrust the leadership?" He was serious, wanting a real answer from her. It wasn't to scold - to learn. Exactly what it was that she distrusted.

"Because one day I will be there, and I refuse to do worse. Lay it on me." Akira wanted to know everything she had to say. He loved his sister: and so her opinion would have more sway than the common person, and valued her opinions enough even if he didn't like them. And he was sure he wouldn't.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:
Jinchūriki, Stalwart Hide, Bukijutsu Maverick, Hawkeyes, Seal Weaver [Always Active]

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Feb 12, 2020 14:52:20 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Why did she distrust leadership? Was it not obvious? Well, to the family, yes. But Kee hadn't been part of many of those conversations at the dinner table and without hearing her complaints, of course he'd have no idea.

"I don't doubt you'd make better of it than some," she said. "It's what they did to you that pisses me off." She didn't bother hiding how bitter she was about it. There was no point. The Tantetsu's fuck up had cost her brother something he could never be repaid for.

Would it have happened to someone else in the village, if not Kee? Yes.

Did she care? No.

It was her blood they'd doomed to walk that path and she'd never felt the need to forgive nor forget. And the way he was treated now? The things she heard in the street? It was constant salt in the wound. And what was leadership doing about it? Nothing. They'd painted her brother a monster and it was like they didn't care how it affected his life.

"You didn't deserve it, and I'd take it from you if I could," she finished quietly, practically mumbling into her tea just before taking another sip of it. On top of everything else he'd had to deal with in his life, the burden of a beast was the last thing he needed--especially if he meant to rise to the top of the ladder someday.

has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Feb 13, 2020 7:19:02 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

Akira waited expectantly. But it made some sense. "Toshu was a fool for doing it. It was random, that much I'd explained. But I'm not sure I was their best choice." Akira had sat them down, as they'd expected with ANBU turning up at their house at the crack of dawn without explanation. He had explained his Jinchuuriki status to them, and how it'd happened, how he wasn't special.

But it had happened and there was no going back from it, and he felt that he'd gotten better from it - and better for it. It had cost him so much more than just his status, but everything about his life. But he'd always been tenacious - and he was simply given the power to back it up with.

"You can't." It would kill him, if she tried. But he knew that she was speaking metaphorically, even if it weren't so. He was the only one in this position now, him and eight other Jinchuuriki - provided they were all inhabited. "But is that all? We have new leadership. Toshu is no more, and Kami knows where he's been since." Akira hadn't sat down to listen to the woman to see that her only opinion of leadership was that she distrusted it because of one man.

Akira had come to a similar conclusion after years, and many different things. Again, he was stronger for it - but it hurt no less than when he'd come out at the Tsuchikage's Debate. A shame, in his mind. People had decided that it was better that he was outed, then put in: if he's stayed quiet? That would've changed a lot more.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Feb 20, 2020 23:51:57 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Akira saying the decision was "random" didn't make things better. Whether it'd been Toshu or some other idiot, the fact was that the leadership at the time had made the choice to burden her brother, and they hadn't even given any thought to how capable he was for that burden compared to anyone else. Just drew a name and that was it? Feh.

"New doesn't mean better. You've been treated like shit through the years and I don't see the higher-ups doing enough for you. I hear what people say, both the jounin above you and people in the street. Maybe you've gotten comfortable with it all, but I haven't." She took the last sip of her peppermint tea and gave a glance to the kettle. Did she want more? That involved drawing out an already uncomfortable topic.

"My point is, they fucked you over once. Who's to say they won't do it again?" There was no way to know. They were soldiers, and soldiers were replaceable. And if Akira screwed up bad enough, she didn't honestly believe the current leadership would have his best interests in mind.

"Doesn't matter, though. Not like I can do anything about it." Other than try to support him the best she could. But it bothered her. A lot.

Kyoko had a thought to ask him what he'd do in the kage's seat, but maybe that was a talk better had later. She was tired, and now she was irritated all over again. The agitation was clear in the finer details of her face, the sharpness of her eyes.

"I figure you didn't come here solely to burn the midnight oil raising my blood pressure. On that note, I'd rather get actual sleep than revisit why I worry about you." She wasn't going to kick him out, but she wasn't going to entertain conversation much further, either.

He'd been the one to show up late and their lack of any big window to talk was one hundred percent on him.

has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Feb 21, 2020 18:47:16 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

Akira agreed with her. It should've never been put on him in the first place but he couldn't stop how other people acted toward him no matter whatever provisions a leader put out for him. His mouth would chew at one side for a moment. But he'd nod, with some appreciation toward his sister.

How little she knew that to be true, Akira had in recent years doubted his ability to be "irreplaceable" that someone else could do the job if it so well suited so. But he'd change his own fate and ensure that it would be better for him. There was still work to do, and all she'd managed to do was get him to think some more. With her declaration of tiredness, Akira would nod. It was late.

"Well. I'll leave you be." Akira would grunt with a sigh of exertion as he stood himself up: though he expected to be led out, given that the woman was ready to sleep, would make his way to the door and grabbed his things on the way out.

If she didn't, he'd nod to her - and be off. Just like the brooding brother she had always known. But celebrations were not on his mind anymore.

End?

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts