Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 7:55:29 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira thought of himself as a determined man. But he had little else on his mind when he'd turned up at his parents house with a thundercloud over his head, finding out that Kyoko had in fact also flew the nest, leaving Asako to be the only sibling left in the house.

The next was her home, which his parents were more than happy to pass on, without having much of a discussion about it - they knew what Akira was worked up about. He hadn't shared it with them, but they knew.

So Kyoko wasn't at home, which meant either she was on a mission, training or some other inane bullshit which he wasn't going to sit around to catch her out on. He wasn't about to give up there and quickly went to the Tsuchikage's tower, to find out if she was on a mission. 'No mission.' Akira would find that out pretty quickly on account of his old position.

So it was a training. He wanted to say that he'd found her quickly, knew exactly where she would be. The longer it was taking, the more he was getting worked up about it. "She couldn't even tell me." Akira was speaking to himself and his Bijuu, who did not respond as was the standard response. "Won't be laughing once I kick her ass." His eyebrows furrowed as he scaled his way from grounds to grounds, finding no familiar woman in sight.

What were his motivations for it?

He didn't want her to be a Shinobi.

Akira was a murderer. Had killed, and seen awful things: the awful disparity in how other people were treated, the gnawing numbness of feeling. Despite is manifesting as the Satori classic of anger, it was truly because he cared about his sister.

It made no sense to him. Akira had always wanted to be a Shinobi. Kyoko had always wanted to be a herbalist. For her to make that change of career was out of the question. She could end up becoming someone else.
'Like Yoko.' he shuddered to think. One thing he found sexy in one person repulsed him in the other, and Akira knew that if there was one thing she would be good at: it was botany. An easy translation into the darker arts, one that he'd seen the features on another pinker hued Kunoichi.

But Akira found his feet touching down on a wood, splintered shards of combat puppets around the block, and in his eyesight was the familiar form of his sister. It was a nice spot, on the eastern side of the village: effectively a plateau but was more green than the other parts in the village with bush and hardy trees alike that were capable of surviving at this altitude. The plateau, had a angle that curved towards the earth: so it was seldom used for Genin training, because a bad technique would mean them losing their grip and falling to a nasty death.

Akira wasn't dressed to the nines in his Shinobi clothing, baring only half of his usual equipment and no Kusarigama/Scythe in sight. He was in a mix of mute oranges and browns today, brown trousers, burnt orange top: Iwagakure's sash around his waist.

"Nee-san." He would call out. Still bothered by this meeting even happening in the first place.

It had been a few weeks since their argument in the middle of a club (which was more of Kyoko ambling at him). And little over a week since he'd come back from his mission where he felt he'd left a part of himself behind, so there was still a residual emotional exhaustion that resided in the back of his mind. But he'd catch her attention and take his place sat on one of the broken puppets, fingertips barely touching one another as they rested over his knees.

"How long?" Akira wasn't dumb enough to not pick on the fact that she hadn't become a Chuunin overnight. But there was a much larger conversation to be had, and there was nobody to keep them back from one another, now

@satorineesan

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 8:33:18 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

It had never been a matter of if her brother would find out, but when. Kyoko knew he'd track her down for answers--the when, the why, the are-you-stupid. Things had been kept hush-hush for quite some time--easy since Kee let his job steer his life away from his family. Even when he did grace their parents' home with his presence, the conversation was shallow, lacking substance. Always keeping them at some desperately maintained bulwark--one just short enough to see over, but too high to cross. Why keep them out? They were family. Kyoko always wondered. She'd carved a new path in search of answers for herself, but the whole picture wasn't in her sights yet. It'd take Kee to make it so.

And oh, speak of the devil. She could just about feel the hostility coming on the wind as he arrived, like some approaching storm. He called out to her. Nee-san. Deceivingly proper, he was, for what she imagined this conversation was going to morph into.

"Kee," she returned stiffly. Kyoko's stance didn't waver as her brother took a seat--she'd been in the middle of practicing her taijutsu and his arrival wouldn't stop that. She did pause, though, fists still raised, her violet eyes snapping up to his with his question.

"How long?"

Kyoko knew exactly what he meant. How long had it been since her promotion? No one miraculously picked up a kunai and ascended three ranks in a day. Her career had been a work in progress over several years--and he'd been privy to absolutely none of it. Served him right.

"Been here about an hour," she said casually, turning her body to face another of the training dummies and driving her fist into the center. It creaked at the impact, the hard thud of the ravenette's punch sinking into the padding being the only sound to fill the silence that followed.

Was she dodging his question? Yes. He didn't deserve a straight answer. Akira had distanced himself from the family and now he felt he had the right to fly in from left field and demand answers from her about her own choices, just like that? Like hell.

@akira

ulla

has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 8:38:42 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

She was practising at a dummy, training on her physical being. She didn't seem all too happy to seem him either. His fingers would part and tap together again. "Don't play dumb." He wasn't down for her shit today, not when there was something serious to discuss. For what it was worth: they had their bickering, their petty arguing but this took it a league further, like a joke that had been taken a step too far. "How long have you been a Kunoichi for?"

He'd sigh. This wasn't acceptable at all. His mouth would speak before his mind had, emotions getting the better of him for his sister. This wasn't a clan, they weren't in it for blood and glory: she was his sister and a non-clan. Nobody cared about them, except their family.

"Are you stupid?" She had called it well before it had actually happened. His voice hadn't change except a tone of confusion was in his voice. He knew he was likely to speak before the opportunity for what he'd said had happened to sink in, and would never give her that opportunity. Akira stood up, significantly taller than the woman despite being the younger of the two.

"A Kunoichi? Really? Out of the thousands of careers and you choose something as dangerous and reckless as being a ninja?" Akira had barely any right when the exact same words could've came out of her mouth, but he wasn't supportive of the idea as well. He was glancing over the fact that she'd become a Chūnin - not the easiest feat and so had achieved something with her life already. But Akira wasn't having any of it.

"And even worse, you couldn't even ask me about it?" Kyoko had asked about it in the past, as had the rest of his family and he'd shoved the conversation aside, only showing his disdain for the idea of them to do it in the first place, not harbouring the idea any further than what it was worth.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 8:39:49 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

How long had she been a kunoichi for? She wanted to retort "How long until you stop thinking you can interrogate me?" but didn't, only giving him a glance from the corner of her eye as she threw another punch. "A while."

He questioned her, and the "stupid" remark she'd seen coming long before now, long before today. Kyoko expected him to at least argue intelligently, but he didn't. Calling her career dangerous and reckless, insinuating she'd hurt him in some way for not even asking him about it?

Did he enjoy setting himself up?

"I could say the same to you," she shot back, pausing now in her blows to turn and face him, but only mostly. Her body was still angled toward the dummy, as if this conversation was merely a hindrance to her training and she was giving him the gift of a moment of her time--but only that. She didn't want to be having this discussion in the first place. He'd come at it--and her--in completely the wrong tone.

"You're my little brother, if you've forgotten. I don't need to ask you for anything." Her voice was hard, bitter. Her gaze found his. His added height did nothing to intimidate her, and in fact she took a small step toward him, one hand idly coiling and uncoiling her fingers--stretching from the punches she'd been throwing earlier.

"If you're done being a hypocritical idiot, leave me alone. I have shit to do."

Kee had no room to talk on danger and recklessness. He chose the path first, and he had no right to chastise her for it. Pointing out the negatives implied he cared, sure. But using that as ammo against her choice would be a losing battle. He hadn't asked his sisters prior to joining the academy. He hadn't kept them informed. He'd tossed them scraps here and there but locked them out, providing keys that only opened certain doors--only the ones he wanted them to have access to, and boarding up the rest of himself like some selfish hermit.

His family--Kyoko especially--cared about him. They deserved to know. People could make equally significant choices based on ignorance as they could on intelligence. Trying to explain to her brother why she'd chosen the kunoichi lifestyle... Well, she didn't know if he was at a point yet where that was possible. Or if she was. Not in the way that he'd accept.

@akira

ulla

has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 8:41:12 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

The difficulty with their family was that they were all intelligent enough to hold conversations, but emotionally speaking sometimes overstepped the mark. His own nostrils flared with her response. It was bad enough that he'd never learned about it himself.

Though, watching her would give him a good idea of her proficiency: Taijutsu. An odd art he would've thought her to take, but an interesting choice nonetheless. Her body language was exactly what he'd expect of his sister and didn't move forward to match her own pace, and wanted to give her the opportunity to back down. "And yet, I am your superior." a low blow - and low hanging fruit that Akira knew Kyoko would latch on to. But right now, it wasn't about who was wrong or right - it was about principle.

There was a little and tiny fragment of pride in him that she was standing up to him, only added to the fact that she was now a Kunoichi. It was still overshadowed by taking up the role in the first place, though - and how long she'd managed to hide it from him.

"No, I don't think I will." Akira crossed his arms in front of her, resolute and unwilling to move. "How many years have you hidden this from me?" There was anger toward his parents that they'd also not spoken to him about it. They'd been supportive of Akira's choices and they were doing the same for her as well. But to keep it from him? That was a calculated choice.

This resolution was going to take time.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
last edit by Deleted on Dec 29, 2019 8:42:13 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 8:42:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Pulling the rank card. That figured. It'd have been an easy thing to pivot a few degrees and lop him one for stooping that low, but she didn't. Kyoko shot him a snide smile, her violet gaze lingering. Superior or not, that didn't entitle him to drop-in interrogations like this. Jounin to chuunin? Sure. Brother to sister? No.

Kee was intelligent--very much so--but it was their shared stubbornness that kept him from taking her suggestion and moving along. No, he was content staying here, wasting both of their time, asking the same few questions worded different ways. Because that would get them somewhere.

How many years had she hidden her career path from him? It was like he was inviting her to upset him further. Any number was too high, and hearing the specifics wouldn't make him budge--it'd only root him deeper to where he stood. "That's need-to-know," she shot back. "And you don't."

Harsh? Yes. But she wasn't going to entertain this discussion. Not now, not today. She had errands she wanted to get done. Things she needed to mull over. Some of it was work--but a lot of it was Kee. They did need to have a serious talk about things--about everything--but she'd sooner spin-kick her brother than swap diaries with him right now.

"Should come over for tea soon," she invited casually, shifting their little chat away from work and turning back to the dummy, throwing another punch. "See my new place." Asako and Hachibana had already given it a thumbs-up and Kee would probably enjoy checking the place out too. Sort of a big deal when your sister left the nest. With only a moment's pause in her strikes, Kyoko gave her brother a sideways glance, her voice growing bitter. "I'll send a hawk with the address." Because who knew when she'd next see him in person. A week? A month? Maybe three? She had better odds winning the local lottery than predicting when her brother would decide to show his face at their parents' house. If Akira wasn't informed on the fact she'd moved out recently, that'd come as its own special sting. She wondered, had their mother mentioned it to him? It didn't matter too much in the end--she had zero issue putting him in his place whether it was on their doorstep or her own.

@akira HEX: #2d9158 No notes!

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 16:32:10 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 13:21:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

But Akira did need to know. That was his right, not that she had any to keep it from him - he'd been the one who would offer his advice, even if it were from the biased side. How she felt that it didn't matter to Akira, and that he didn't need to know of something he felt very strongly about: perhaps one of the causes she kept it from him in the first place. It would additionally be a sore point for him to

"No hawk needed. I already know where you live. Of course, if you weren't a Shinobi I'd realise you were out." His body shifted. "Then I'd know to look at the greenhouses or the farms, but you would not have been there." If she wasn't going to reveal information than neither would he: although he'd plainly asked their parents for it and they'd passed it on without a fight, he didn't want to give her the satisfaction.

"I'm not leaving until you put your fists away and talk to me." Akira would squint at her, heads were colliding. Internally, he would be the first to back down if it came to it. 'Don't make me do this.' Akira thought to himself from inside the glare.

"You don't want her to see who you are." Kokuo casually commented. It was the truth, Akira didn't want to show his side and personality as a Shinobi: he knew he was stronger than her, as was the same for many of this village's shinobi. But that came at a cost of fire and fury that he didn't want to reveal. Much less for his sister - and the fear of showing something that could never be unseen again.

This time, it was Akira who didn't respond.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 29, 2019 14:24:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Oh, he knew? Well, that saved her the trouble. When had their parents told him? Recently? Long enough that him not stopping by her place was its own insult? She'd find out, but later. If he had her address, that meant he could find the time to see her. Talk to her. Not atop a rock when they both had better things to do--but sitting down, in her apartment, sipping tea. It'd give them a chance to discuss everything with meaning--not just clash horns like a pair of rams.

Kyoko didn't bother responding to his bit about the farms and greenhouses, instead focusing her aim on another set of punches to her target. The wooden dummy creaked and splintered with each blow. She spun in a tight circle and launched a kick right at the center. Her precision was perfect. If only her thoughts were as focused.

Kee hammered on about wanting to talk, and finally, after a few more punches and a weighty delay, Kyoko let her hands fall to her sides and turned to face him proper. She sighed, locking eyes with him. "Fine, Kee. You want to talk? We'll talk. My place. Seven. Tonight." Her brother clearly had the time to kill right now, but if fate (see: a mission) prevented him from showing up later, so be it. Akira hadn't set the best precedent for being present anyhow.

The woman brought her hands up in front of her, using the palm of one hand to stretch backwards the fingers on the other, then rolled her wrists a few times, getting ready for another round. She wasn't finished up here but if Akira was smart then he'd know he was. Kyoko half turned back to her target, giving him an inquisitive look. "Deal?" She hoped he wouldn't turn down the invitation because she was in no mood to chuck him off the plateau. Didn't mean she wouldn't consider it if he pushed her, though.

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 16:31:44 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 30, 2019 9:23:15 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Although it angered him that she was just outright ignoring his presence and choosing to focus on her attacks, he also got to see a bit of what she was about: attacking with surprising consistency, a strength and speed: trained enough that Akira could see. It was impressive, even if only because he'd never expected it from her (or to be capable in the first place).

But she would come up with a comprimise and he was satisfied with it though it meant that he'd have to compromise himself. "Fine." Akira would nod. That was acceptable for him. "See you then." Akira would not, and leave her be.

Surely enough after he'd departed she would spend some time training more and return home. Some hours would pass, as they'd agreed - but instead of it hitting seven, her door was not graced with a knock but with the caw of a messenger hawk.

What she'd expected.

Kyoko,

Quick message, won't be there till later. Something came up.

Kee.

Akira would turn up to her property three hours late. Ten at night, not expecting a reply as such - but he had to try. But he'd had some information that would change his life, some. That was good enough for him anyway. After his life had been beating him down for the most part, this was a portion of redemption that he hadn't expected to receive: his Jōnin promotion.

But it put him in a good mood, but he had this to go deal with. He could go out and celebrate later. For now, he held a plant in his hand for her home, something that she likely had no end of.
AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
last edit by Deleted on Dec 30, 2019 9:23:39 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 30, 2019 10:00:01 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Finally, he let up and agreed to meet her later. Kyoko gave a nod and turned to focus fully on her training. She didn't wholly believe he'd be there. Something would come up and he wouldn't show up. "Absent" was practically his middle name. Maybe he'd prove her wrong. But she wouldn't be shocked if he didn't. Just disappointed.

It was fifteen past seven and Kyoko was getting tired of staring at the tea kettle. Her taps against the top of the table were interrupted by, surprise, the cry of a hawk. Kyoko retrieved the message from its leg, unfurling the paper and reading its contents with an irritated sigh.

Worse than him being late was that "later" meant any number of times. Would he be coming yet tonight? Tomorrow? Kyoko tossed the note in the nearest bin and set to work putting away the tea and cleaning the dishes. Such a waste.

The woman's level of faith in his arrival "later" was pretty slim. So slim that she went to bed. Fuck it. If he wanted to trudge to her apartment in the small hours before dawn or even at sunrise, he was more than welcome to make the trip. But she wouldn't be rushing to the door in her slippers to let him in out of the cold any quicker.

10 p.m. Really. Kyoko rose from her cocoon of blankets at the knock upon her door. Opening it, she'd be a sight. Her pajama sleeves were unevenly hiked up her arms, her hair was a mess, her posture was off, she looked pissed, she was pissed.

"About time," she mumbled, stepping aside. "Get in." She shuffled forward in her slippers to shut the door behind him once he was inside.

Her apartment was on the third story of the building. Once in, Akira would see a balcony entrance on the left side of the room, a few pieces of living room furniture, a table setting almost exclusively for tea, a huge bookshelf overflowing with texts, and a sprawling garden that took up a good chunk of the main room--comprised of various interior planting boxes and ceramic or wooden pots. A few of them had labels (hybrids) but most of them didn't need reminders because she knew them by sight. At the back of the room was a hallway between the bedroom, a closet, and the bathroom. The kitchen was to the right, partially obscured by a partition.

Kyoko glanced at the plant her brother had brought with him. A house warming gift? How nice. Such a pretty shade of yellow, too. "You can put the avalanche lily on the coffee table," she told him, gesturing vaguely to the seating area. "I'm going to make tea. Again."

Back to the kitchen. She trusted he'd make himself comfortable while he waited.

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 16:31:14 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Dec 30, 2019 19:52:03 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira didn't know whether she'd be in or not but it was always worth checking. If she wasn't, then he would be leaving his plant by her doorstep and getting on his way - not that it mattered because he would certainly find her one way or another. After some time shuffling around in the silence and darkness, Akira turned to leave when the door opened to see Kyoko in pyjamas.

Yep.

That just about answered that question.

She looked about as happy as Akira had anticipated by the look on her face. Rather than apologising for being late, Akira would simply nod at her and step inside her new home. 'Mine's better.' Akira thought to himself. But then again, he'd taken other... chances to get it. Years of saving, and being a Shinobi paid very well.

But her house was nice.

It had a decor similar in appearance and colour to Akira's himself. They had the similar aesthetics of bookshelves heaving and crying out with weight strapped on them, plants galore (which Akira had already anticipated given her former occupation.) he'd tried quite hard to find a plant that he thought she would not own. "Will do." Akira would step into the lounge and place the plant on the coffee table. And then positioned it. It once sat upon the centre, but then found its way to the side. If she didn't like it, she would be sure to move it.

She was right to be angry for Akira to not show up at all. Akira would shrug off his coat, walking back toward the back of the door where he'd presumed the other coats to be (which they were) and placed it on a hook, and then back into the lounge.

Who would come out with their news first? "You have a nice apartment." Akira would remark, opting to stand and peruse the houses contents and plants foremost like they had all done to his home.

@satorineesan
AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Jan 1, 2020 1:25:36 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

With the water working its way up to boiling, Kyoko stepped away from the kitchen to stand near the partition, watching her brother take in the little details of her apartment. It was "nice," he said, and she forced a tired smile. "Thanks." She was still trying to wake up, still trying to shove her displeasure into a box because carrying it through their conversation now would only put them back to where they'd been earlier.

"The plants own more of it than I do." A half-hearted joke. It was ideal having her setup indoors, though. She had plenty of herbs for both cooking and medicine within walking distance from her desk. The only headache came in transporting materials. Three flights of stairs got tiresome real quick.

"Get comfortable," she suggested, waving lazily to the living room. "It'll be a minute." Back to the kitchen. He could continue wandering if he wanted, but there wasn't too much to see unless he ventured to the back hall to peek at her room or the bathroom. She didn't care either way.

The tea would make it to the table in short order. She set down two cups upon each place mat and poured each of them a cup, sinking down into her usual spot. Akira's place would be the seat next to hers, though he was free to slide his cup to the seat across from her if he wished. The table she reserved for tea was traditional--lower to the ground, arranged with cushions upon the floor, plenty of space to stretch out, study, or read. It was close to the doorway to the balcony, giving the best view of the stars this time of night.

"It's peppermint," she told him. Peppermint tea naturally lacked caffeine--a deliberate pick because she'd be going straight back to bed as soon as this was over. Whatever this turned out to be.

Kyoko took a first sip from her cup, letting the warmth slowly soothe her and ease some of the tension in her gut. She sighed, settling her eyes on Akira. She wasn't outwardly angry with him anymore. Just neutral, almost to the point of being unreadable. "So. Talk."

They both had things to share. But he'd accrued too many mysteries over the years to force her into jumping off the dock first. Maybe tonight wouldn't bear fruit. Maybe they'd end up in some stalemate trying to give and take details on what they'd been missing in each others' lives. Maybe it'd all go down the pipes when she told him the "what" or the "why."

But he'd demanded they talk. And who was she to refuse a superior?

Yeah, she'd get him back for that one later.

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 16:30:45 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Jan 2, 2020 20:01:48 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Their humour was similar - a bit one and the same. Akira would follow instruction politely and was well into his comforts not long after being directed so. He was sat down cross legged at the low baring table as was quite customary and normal for a Satori household. And he would wait. Akira had a lot less time than he intended to for this conversation but his mind had been preoccupied since their last meeting several hours earlier.

Guess he'd come out with the good news first before the other stuff. Similar to how he'd done with things in the past. The wheeze of noise at the steaming water and small patter of porcelain indicated Kyoko's return to her living room with Akira situated in it.

The sun had been down now for a few hours, so the only illumination provided was whatever Kyoko had lit up inside. Akira would smell the tea first: appreciative of it nonetheless. He'd also understood the implication, she'd been sleeping and would likely want to continue sleeping. The warmth felt harsh against his fingers from the cold outside that he had not quite yet acclimatised to inside. But her prompting for him to talk wasn't even allowing for the momentary silence to begin their conversation, she was blunt. No effort in trying to hide it, and she had a bed to get back to.

"I was late because I was promoted to Jōnin today." Akira would shrug. He hadn't taken the Jōnin flak jacket with him, and it would be set up as an artifact inside his own home (he had all the equipment he needed in his life.)

Perhaps it would segway into the reason of his disparity between his life and their knowledge of it.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Jan 2, 2020 23:16:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Promoted to jounin. Huh. At least his late arrival hadn't been because he'd pissed away the day doing something stupid. A rank up was a big deal. "Congratulations." She wanted to quip about being surprised he'd actually told her about it, but held back. This was supposed to be productive.

She took a long sip of tea, inhaling the mint and drawing out the span of quiet. Then, finally setting down her cup, she said in an equally neutral tone, "Thanks for the lily. I didn't have one yet." Her stock of flora was broad and she did like having unique additions to it. But she also liked having time to think, and that's what the gratitude was really about.

"I passed my exam earlier this year," she told him. "Joined the medical corps, too." She looked briefly toward the kitchen without turning her head, as if searching for the right words to say next. "Our parents didn't tell you because I told them not to."

There it was. He wouldn't connect the right dots from that statement alone, she knew that much. But she wanted to soften the blow, start small. And that wasn't even the worst of it, really. Giving him just enough time to process what she'd just said, she continued on.

"You kept us in the dark. I returned the kindness." Her tone was clipped, bitter. But she was giving him the transparency he wanted. It would be hard to chew, but it was honest.

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 16:30:17 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Family Fools [Private]Jan 3, 2020 20:08:25 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira could understand why his sister hadn't suddenly broken into song and dance about his promotion - it was late, things were tense, it was really to just get the conversation moving back on topic to why Akira was sat in her house with tea and a taut look on his face.

But it wasn't fruitless. 'She's a medic. Taijutsu and Medical Corp. Good combination.' Agility and being hard hitting were important, saving lives moreso. Combining the two elements were like toast and butter, one complimented the other. She'd only just become a Chunin - passed in the exam earlier in the year.

Akira nodded. "I know." A second time. When he'd found out in the club, Akira had found out from their parents quickly afterward. They didn't reveal many details, because they too didn't know a huge amount about the Shinobi lifestyle.

Irrespective of how well it was meant, Akira still felt the tenseness in his gut and a fire being lit beneath his belly in her desire and need to reflect it back on him. He still wanted to talk about that night, in front of Yoko - it was unacceptable. But this needed to be discussed first.

"I chose to not talk about my work because it has changed me, not for the better. I distanced myself as a manner of being a shield, not a loner." Though, he was a bit of a loner - ever since his own little accident he'd spent majority of his time in his lonesome, but still had his extroverted days out, still had his work thrust upon him: it was a natural testament to his flexibility in life.

He couldn't mask her from it now. He couldn't protect her from it now, either. "I have tortured people, sent people to asylums - had blood not of my own spattered on my face, I have lived a lie, performed acts, while I have sabotaged the evils of human nature I also performed those acts of evil. I have taken to mastering an art that praises the derangement, and degeneracy of human nature."

Akira had to be cold and cruel in his method of wording, a last ditch attempt to try and derail her from her platform. She was a Shinobi now as well, so there was no harm in talking about it with her. "And you ask me why I keep it a secret from you all? Shouldn't this be more clear now being a Kunoichi yourself? I don't want my family to see who I am." his volumes spoke clearly of his passion - while there were many good points and facets and arguments that could be made about the subject, he had reserved his inner circle of his mind for his family and so it had been stripped of bullshit - and his words couldn't be truer.

『Political Orator』
Akira has taken the time and energy in being versed in a different tactile range of subjects and can hold his own in most conversations with fair merit and academic prowess. From being the Tsuchikage's Assistant, the political battleground that he has engaged in has made him a powerful public speaker and influential oratory operative. He is able to deduce intent from conversations with relative guesstimates, and can read emotions clearly and succinctly, even those who might not had been previously known. This has passed on into his own physical structure, allowing him to be a very emotive speaker and get on with those around him easily.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts