A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]

compose a reply
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Dec 30, 2019 21:59:04 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Trial and error only makes improvement with each failure!
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday March 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 3 Member

Yurako wanted to train, but today she had to hold it off. Her mother told her to go and get a check-up at the hospital today. She wanted to make sure her adopted daughter was healthy. Make sure her ears were working fine, her body was growing fast as was per usual for a Utsuki, but it could cause some health issues if she wasn't careful. There were other things as well. A general check-up every couple of months.

While she would usually try to just skip out on it, but she would probably get scolded if she did, so she decided to be responsible. Plus, she didn't like being dishonest, so she might as well go to the boring checkup. Which is where she was now. The village's hospital in the waiting room. She had been there for almost thirty minutes and she was bored out of her mind. She was currently stretched out in her seat, just staring at the ceiling.

She had an obviously bored and dazed look, thinking about all of the jutsus and skills she could be learning and would be learning if she wasn't here. She hated appointments, they weren't quick enough. She also thought about food, hoping this wouldn't take all day so she could grab something to eat. Waiting was making her hungry. That's when her ears twitched, as she heard her name, making her spring up. "Finally!" She groaned while muttering loudly to herself.

------
Tag:
Gaige has written 131 posts
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Dec 31, 2019 0:07:38 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you
Another day, another rotation of seeing patients in the clinical ward. Shikajin dealt with most manner of patients from the ill to those needing regular physicals and everything in between. Those who needed more urgent attention were admitted, but hopefully he wouldn't have to deal with any of those people today. It was a lot of paperwork, more than he was already filling out for these charts. There was only one more patient before he could take a break to just relax for a bit. It hadn't been a trying day but monotonous none the less. He just wanted some time to himself.

A couple of the nurses would snicker as the medic picked up his next chart. A brow raised but he paid them no mind. What he didn't know was that this next patient had made a bit of a name for herself for either showing out during visits or simply not showing up at all, which would prompt contacting her guardian which surely led to some less than pleasant conversations. Alas the Nara would be going in blind and his already smoldering demeanor was going to be tested today.

Once the girl entered the room she would find the Nara standing in the middle of the room scanning her chart. It was to be a simple physical that wouldn't take too long if all went well. Looking up from his notes the man would notice a shoe-less, furry footed lanky woman with... rabbit ears. He sighed and wondered why people had decided to test his patience today. "Dispel the Henge so we can get started." The medic would speak in his usual tone. It was normal not to like hospitals and be a little quirky when trying to make the best of the situation, but looking like... this was not going to help at all.
@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Dec 31, 2019 4:54:53 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako got up in a way that made it look like she just jumped out of her seat before walking at a rather quick pace into the room where she spotted the person who'd be doing her basic physical and overall check-up. It's been a while so she forgot what all they did for one, so she crossed her arms and took a look at the guy. He was rather thin and had dark circles under his eyes, kinda lanky too.

'He needs to eat more and needs rest, like holy shit...' she thought to herself before giving him a smile and slight wave. Before she should start to babble at him impatiently, he told her to undo the transformation technique, commenting on her biology probably. Her eyes narrowed at him as she gave him a bit of an annoyed look, her ears flopping down slightly.

"Not a hange... You're supposed to be a medical shinobi?! I'm of the Utsuki clan! We've been here for generations! You should've had done check-ups on us before! Are you really qualified? Should I come another day?" she scolded him in frustration. 'The nerve! I know we don't interact much at times with others, but that's frustrating!' She thought to herself before walking over and sitting down in order to prepare for the exam.

"Shall we get started? I need to get back to training and will need a note to show to my mother so I can prove I came here." She said at s slightly slower, but in her usual loud tone.

------
Tag:
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Dec 31, 2019 20:34:14 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin would remain silent as the loud girl went on and on about this being what she actually looked like. He thought back for a moment to the nurses snickering as he picked up this particular file and it clicked that this was why. There weren't many who had a ton of interaction with this druidic combination of man and beast, and though an honest mistake perhaps it could have been avoided had a certain rabbit girl shown up to her check ups more often like she was supposed to. Scolding her about that would get them nowhere and the Nara would sooner deal with that Kazui youngling again than get into a shouting match with a hare.

"Very well, let's get started." He'd reply plainly. The yelling hadn't rattled him, annoyed perhaps, but kids were notoriously loud for no reason by default so this was par for the course. "Step on that scale over there. Going to take your measurements." Shikajin would instruct. A nifty, old school machine that came with a built in ruler that allowed doctors to check height and weight at the same time. Once Yurako complied, assuming she was done huffing and puffing, the medic would extend a ruler from the front of the machine all the way up to the top of the girls... ears? If this was her true form then they'd count towards her height as well which made her quite lengthy for one so young.

A few scribbles here and there denoted accurate notations for those two measurements. "Any pains in your arms and legs around the joints?" He would ask. Teenagers right in the middle of their growth spurts often experienced stress in the joints as their bones and muscles expanded at relatively exponential rates, a.k.a. 'growing pains'. Some were worse than others and he wasn't quite sure how this period in life affected the rabbit people. At the very least he'd be able to take some useful notes.

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 1, 2020 0:03:03 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako stared and looked him over as he picked up her file and read it for a little bit. As he took his time, her mind wandered off as she observed him. 'Man. I feel slightly bad for the poor guy. He has sacks under his eyes so dark you'd mistaken him for a raccoon. His sleep schedule was dogshit. Also, boy does he need time in the sun more often, his skin is as white as the porcelain of a toilet seat. '

Her eyes narrowed slightly as he monotonously declared he was ready to get the physical done, the nurse stopped snickering a while ago. Sighing in annoyance and slight defeat, she nodded and sat down for a moment to take her two, six-hundred-pound weights she kept on her legs. They were used to help with speed training and even though she tried to lay them down gently, they still made a rather loud clunk.

Now feeling lighter, she has a sigh of relief, as they were quite heavy as they did help strengthen her endurance a little. Kills two birds with one stone. "Sorry about that, I almost forgot to take off my leg weights, I almost broke your scale. They're used for my training. Gimme one moment." She got up and opped in place a couple of times, as she slowly got a bit more used to her usual weight.

Walking over to the scale she stood on top of it and made sure that she had perfectly straight posture for when he checks her height. When he asked if she had some joint pains in her legs and pains in her arms she nodded glancing over at him. "Yeah, I also have them around my spine. I think it's probably because of my training, I'm not sure? What do you think?" She asked with some concern as she wasn't sure.

------
Tag:
last edit by Utsuki Yurako on Jan 1, 2020 0:44:20 GMT -5
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 1, 2020 12:48:39 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Just hearing the sound of the weights clanking against the floor was enough to let Shikajin know that they were an amount that no person should have been wearing, especially someone so young. But shinobi were strange creatures and did all sorts of things to increase their abilities, even if it meant being okay with children walking around with weights that were easily over a few hundred pounds. They were lucky the clinic rooms were on the bottom floor less that much concentrated weight cave the floor in and possibly hit someone below. "..Thank you for that." The medic would reply as he waited for the girl to step on the scale.

First would come the height, arguably the trickiest measurement of the two. He wasn't sure whether to count the ears as part of the measurement and incorrect records weren't a great look so... he'd just notate both! Moving the ruler first to the top of the girl's head the Nara would make a note of 5'6" before continuing to raise it to the top of her ears. 6'2". Sheesh. Next would come the weight. It was a very old school contraption with a counterbalance that wouldn't level until the correct weight was scaled. He'd push a little left, then a little right, then back to the left once more before the scale finally evened out. 134 pounds. Well she certainly wasn't missing any meals.

The Nara would listen to Yurako explain that she was having some joint discomfort which he figured for one of her age, though the pain in the back did pique his interest. "Mm, I see. Stress from training is possible, I'll check it out. Take a seat on that table and lift up the back of your shirt." Shikajin would instruct as he walked over to a cabinet to retrieve a stethoscope. He'd inspect the muscles and get a good listen of her heartbeat one after the other. Most physicals had a common checklist that medics needed to follow to make sure their patients were good to go, and assuming he didn't find anything troubling it wouldn't take too much longer.

Assuming there were no objections from the rabbit girl the chunin would place his thumbs on each of her trapezius muscles near the top of her back. "I'm going to apply some pressure all the way down, let me know if there are any tender spots." Pressing in firmly would begin the procedure, his hands moving down a few inches every couple of seconds to inspect a new section of the patients back.

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 1, 2020 22:22:40 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

"Yeah, yeah, it's no big deal. Let's get this over with." She said with a little bit of attitude as he measured her before checking the balance to get her weight. Looking at it she saw that she was about 134 pounds. She guessed that was healthy, or she could be just a little fat, she wasn't sure. She did eat three meals plus four snacks a day, so maybe she should work out a little more.

"So, am I healthy? I was looking at my weight? I have about three meals a day and three to four snacks in-between. Sometimes an extra at night. Should I work out more? Also how tall am I?" She babbled loudly as she wasn't good a toning herself when she spoke, as even her normal vocal tone was loud without her putting in too much thought into it. This also went gloriously with her rather quick manner of speaking.

Before she got an answer she was told to sit on the table so he can check some more things, explaining that the joint pain and muscle cramps more likely because of her training and exercise. She nodding and bounded over to the table, plopping her butt down on it, making sure to pull up the back of her shirt so he could feel her back. The chilling sensation of the hospital room was felt and she shivered once just from exposure.

The next would be from the icy cold feeling of the stethoscope made her shiver once again as he pressed along. Then he felt along her back with his slightly warmer hands. It tickled slightly as he pressed along the muscles surrounding her spine. She looked behind her to the best of her ability as her long ears twitched about, a slight giggle escaping here and there as she couldn't help it.

"By back is sensitive to touch, I believe my mother said that it was a Utsuki thing, but it will become a problem when I'm in my forties or something like that." Yurako explained scratching her head to remember as hard as she could. She might have written it down in her notepad.

------
Tag:
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 4, 2020 15:26:01 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin was confused, one moment the rabbit was impatient as hell and wanted to get the examination over with as quickly as possible but the very next she was rattling off questions like there was no tomorrow; questions that would take time to answer thus prolonging her visit. Whatever, he hoped she'd realize that the time slipping away from her training was of her own doing. "Most people do one or the other when it comes to eating habits, but a teenager's body needs a lot of energy, and with your training regiment you shouldn't have a problem with your metabolism. Of course, that will probably change as you get older but for now you should be fine eating everything in sight." The medic would answer as he continued jotting notes in the girl's file. "Also, 5'6" without the ears, 6'2" with them."

The Nara couldn't say for sure whether the back sensitivity was caused by the clan's physiology or something else, but it wasn't out of the ordinary for there to be drawbacks when the normal human physiology was altered to such an extensive degree. Granted, all other examples Shikajin could think of were never to this scale such as the Inuzuka with their enhanced senses and the Hyuga clan's sensitivity to bright lights. While he was only familiar with animal physiology in the form of the deer that his clan took care of Shikajin couldn't recall ever knowing that rabbits had sensitive backs; he'd have to look more into that. Nevertheless it was critical and essential information from one of Konoha's families.

"Your clan's unique physical structure could be a cause. More muscle mass in your legs means it gets taken away elsewhere, in this care your backs. Less protective tissue equals more sensitivity." The medic would reply as he took a couple steps back after his back examination was complete. "Alright now I'm going to test your reflexes." He'd speak while pulling out a small tool that had a triangular rubber head at the end. "Relax your legs and when I tap your knees with the hammer let them react naturally." He wasn't too fond of this exercise, especially on someone with such powerful looking legs. Getting kicked would surely hurt and ruin his mood to boot. Alas, it was an essential part of any physical to ensure that the leg muscles were working properly.

Shikajin would start with a tap on the left knee, making sure not to be in the way of a rogue reaction, before moving to the right knee.

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 4, 2020 23:36:13 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

She listened to him explain that her eating habits were fine, which was good, as she didn't want to give up eating as much as she did. Now that she was thinking about it, she should probably go get something to eat after she was done here. Her mother must've made something, so hopefully, she could grab something a little extra just in case her mother didn't, so either way she'd be full by the time she would be done for the day.

He gave her, her height with and without the ears. She knew she was tall, but that sure did put things in a bit of perspective. She was gonna probably be taller than Nomi or Aunt Bebe at this rate. At least if she did, she'd be better at them at that, at the very least that was. When she was sure he was done, she straightened her shirt out and back over her back, almost pulling one of the ears out of her shirt sleeve for a moment.

Sitting back with her hair messier than usual. He began to explain the possible reason why her back was messed up. But he seemed not completely sure as well. 'My clan needs to stop being so isolated... Even the doctors don't know much about us.' She thought to herself as he pulled out a small rubber hammer and told her what to do next. Yurako tried to keep her legs still as she asked, letting him hit her knee, only for it to fly up straight.

The movement would cause a small gust of wind, but not too much due to being lighter without the weights, possibly ruffling some hair and papers. She did the same with the next leg and she hoped she would be able to kick him, for the laugh. He was so boring and monotonous, it should brighten the mood a little as it happened. Alas, his groin or legs were spared. She crossed her arms impatiently.

"What's next, what's next?" She demanded.

------
Tag:
A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 5, 2020 11:24:16 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Preparation had definitely come in handy as the rabbit girl's leg shot up as soon as the hammer hit it. Shikajin had already expected an over the top reaction given the size and strength of them, but he was still surprised at the power coming from one so young. The second leg, though close, missed its mark and had it hit would have caused an abrupt end to this examination. Alas neither of them would be so fortunate. A few more notes would be jotted down as the tried and true impatience of the teenager reared its ugly head once more. Had the Nara himself acted to rashly at that age? No, but there were other reasons for that, and he couldn't imagine himself being so.. whatever it is she was.

"Hold out your arm, I'm going to check your pulse and heart rate so just breathe normally and don't speak for the next minute." The medic would reply, emphasizing the latter part of his statement. Speaking of course would mess up the results of the test and cause him to have to restart but Shikajin also just wanted a bit of peace and quiet.

Assuming Yurako obliged the Nara would allow her hand to rest on his open palm while taking the middle and index fingers of his free hand and placing them on her wrist. He'd keep count of the number of beats while staring at a clock on the wall to keep track of the time. He wasn't sure if the rabbit physiology was purely external in nature or if this clan held similarities internally as well, because if so then the heartbeat would be vastly different than that of a normal person and to the unknowing would make it seem like they were having a stroke. But that would all be figured out in about a minutes time.

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 7, 2020 17:26:55 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako sat there and impatiently tapped her shoeless toes on the floor while having her arms crossed, as she watched him write down some more notes. The sound could be heard throughout the office, probably bothering some people and getting some more snickers from the other nurses. 'Man, doctor visits are a pain, they move too slowly. Too slow for me... Can he hurry up? This is why he needs sleep.' She thought to herself. Then he finally told her to hold out her arm so he could check her pulse.

"Might want to check your pulse too, I think your lack of sleep might make you drop dead at any moment... You should eat more too." She commented out of frustration as she did what she was told and held out her arm. She tried to steady her breathing. She was sure at the very least that the Utsuki probably had a higher pulse due to having a higher metabolism and such. At least with her guess, she didn't fully know. There were a lot of crazy things their anatomy did. Every day she would discover something new.

She hated the fact that she couldn't speak and was actually struggling slightly with staying still. By the time he would finish, she'd let out a heavy sigh and wiggle in her seat a bit to get the movement she'd been holding back all out. "Wooo! Now, what's next? Eyes? Ears? My mouth? Can you give me a foot rub?" She said trying to tease him.

------
Tag:

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 7, 2020 20:57:48 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

What was it with kids and their impulsiveness to say the first thing that came to mind, or just not being able to shut up and sit still for a couple minutes? He'd attribute it to the rabbit physiology but his run in with the Uchiha child cemented the notion that all children were hellions. Shikajin wouldn't respond to either of the teen's suggestions and focused solely on getting an accurate reading of her pulse which proved a bit difficult as her heart was racing. Even a nervous persons heart rate wouldn't be this high so it must have been an attribute of the clan she hailed from. Interesting.

A few more notes as Yurako spoke once more inquiring what tests were next. Was she the doctor now? Did she want to run her own tests? "Yes." The Nara replied as he pulled a small flashlight out of his pocket. "Stay still." He'd speak once more while placing a hand on the side of the girls head and clicking the torch on directly into her left eye, if all went well and it dilated properly then he'd move to the right and repeat the process, perhaps lingering a bit for an extra moment or two of silence. She was young, it wouldn't cause any lasting effects.

"Open your mouth, going to check your tonsils." If she obliged then the light would once more click on. Teeth seemed normal though he was no dentist, and the tissue leading to the back of the throat didn't show any inflammation which was a good sign; Shikajin was honestly surprised at the girl's dental health considering how much she claimed to eat. Finally, the ears. They were big and didn't mirror a normal human's at all, but finding something out of the ordinary hopefully wouldn't be too difficult if there was anything to begin with.

A hand would run along the base to the top of the ears to feel for any abnormalities and aside from just feeling different there wasn't anything structurally wrong with them. The click of the flashlight would once again fill the room as the medic inspected both ear canals. Large. Yurako could probably hear a pin drop a mile away if she ever learned to stopped talking, and more experienced members of her clan were probably expert trackers. "That should be everything. Any final questions?" Shikajin would ask as he once again scribbled notes in the girl's file.

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 8, 2020 1:04:28 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

He didn't respond to her teasing, making her eyes narrow while giving a pout before a heavy sigh as she then let him check her pulse before writing it down in her file. Afterward, he did give a simple and standard reply to her teasing, making her realize he was probably humorless at this point. Yurako watched him pull out a tiny flashlight, telling her to stay still before shining the light in one eye and then the other, making her see spots and blink wildly for a moment before rubbing her eyes.

About the time she could see properly, he told her to open her mouth in order to check her tonsils. After letting him do that for a few seconds she got a despicable idea. Once he was done, Yurako tried to let out a rather rude and sort of loud, but short burp in his face, just to try and throw him off. But she would miss and roll her eyes a little bit, as that probably didn't throw him off at all. That only prompt her to try and give her more of a hard time as he'd just try to get the visit done quicker now, ignoring her as he scribbled more notes in her little file.

This would make her only curious about everything that was written down. Perhaps she should ask him for a copy or something to show her mom before she would leave. The last thing was apparently her ears. but as he would try to grab them, she would try to move them out of the way a couple of times for a little bit before she finally allowed him to do his job and feel them. He went down her ears and even got a look inside them, making her feel weird, if not invaded a little bit. She never really let anyone touch her ears after all.

She almost wanted to kick him for it, but Yurako needed him to give her a report. Plus, she rather not get in trouble with her mother. Or the village for injuring a medic. Rubbing her ears a little, as they felt off, he would pretty much finish his last bit of note-taking. Hoping out of her seat, she would shake her head. "No, but I will need to give my mom a report or whatever to show her. So she knows I actually came here and my general health." She would quickly reply, her Utsuki traits actually showing for once.

------
Tag:

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 15, 2020 22:02:51 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Slight annoyances here and there would only prolong both of their suffering. Shikajin wanted to be done with this examination just as badly as the rabbit girl, perhaps a bit more, but rambunctious and impulsive children made even the most mundane tasks more difficult than they should have been. Alas, after a few minutes the medic would be able to get all the checks he needed complete thus mostly putting an end to this.. unique interaction. For all the headaches this girl had caused him the Nara was, deep down, thankful for being able to learn so much today. Of course, Shikajin would never tell Yurako that, but with the sheer amount of notes compiled from a single physical both he and the village's understanding of this semi-mysterious clan would be a little less muddy.

Though she had no questions, the girl would request a report to give to her mother to show that she had indeed came to the hospital as intended. It wasn't uncommon for various reasons but if the Nara were a betting man he'd assume that the girl standing before him had skipped quite a few appointments. Hospitals could be intimidating places and nine times out of ten if you were stepping foot into one it wasn't for a great reason. "Not a problem, give me a few minutes." The medic would reply as he took a seat at a nearby desk. There wasn't a go-to template for these kinds of things, more so just a chart of the body with enough space to write 'OK' or notate problem areas. Aside from the back sensitivity there wasn't anything of note that Shikajin had seen. He hadn't interacted with anyone of the rabbit clan before so there was next to nothing to compare Yurako's results to, but at the bare minimum she seemed like a healthy girl.

With a few more flicks of the pen the form would be completed, nothing spectacular but it'd be the proof needed. Rising from his chair the Nara would offer up the sheet to the girl hopefully putting an end to their interaction. Perhaps not for good, but at least today. "That should be sufficient. You're free to go." He doubted the rabbit girl needed any coaxing to leave the hospital but one could never be too sure.

A Baka's Check-Up [Shikajin]Jan 16, 2020 12:21:09 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako sat there and waited, noticed how she didn't seem to phase him at all. She had to say, he was good at what he did. She simply watched him for a little while as he made the note she asked for. While she had some time, she got up from her seat walking over to the weights and sat down to pull off her leg warmers. Taking it easy, she would grunt as she picked up one and strap it to her leg before doing the next one. Afterward, she would place her leg warmers over them, covering them from sight.

By the time she was done, the paler man would finish up her note and she would stand up, taking a second to get used to weighing nearly a ton. Taking the note she would only reply with a happy thank you before she began to read it over a couple of times. It looked like she was healthy, but she wasn't completely sure. She wasn't the medical type, so she only knew the basics about the body from when she was in the academy. Everything looked good, so her mother would be happy with the results.

When he said she could leave she only gave him a passing wave before stretching a little bit and started to run out the door of the office, being as careful as possible to not run into anyone. As she ran she thought about going home to drop the letter off. Hopefully, her mother would have something to eat as she wanted to train before going to bed.

------
Tag:
Note: Thread completed!