Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]

compose a reply
Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]Jan 8, 2020 1:14:24 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Trial and error only makes improvement with each failure!
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday March 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 3 Member

Yurako was up early yet again, as she received a mission assignment a day or so ago. It was about six in the morning when she awoke, getting some quick exercises before taking a good hot shower and eating her breakfast before making it to the gate around seven o'clock. She was dressed how she normally did and went over her notepad to double-check everything she would need to know for their objection. The person who was supposed to tag along and help her was an Inuzuka of a higher rank than her.

There wasn't too much beyond that, so she'd have to work out tactics. All she knew about the Inuzuka were that they used dogs when they fought. The mission was to kill a rabid bear that had hurt a few people and a poor doggie a bit ways outside of the village. Not too far and recent reports have kept track of it, as it did kill a few more animals, so while they would have to hunt for it a little bit, they at least would have some idea of where to find it. But no more than a general area, but she hoped it wouldn't be too hard. Yesterday she did, however, confirm that she had taken a rabies shot a few months ago, so she would be fine just in case.

While she waited, Yurako would double-check her tools and decide to eat a candy bar while her mind wandered about her partner, forgetting to write down her name, however. 'I wonder what kind of puppy she had... Or is it grown? Hopefully, it's cool or at the very least cute. I should really think about maybe training Shiroi to become a battling rabbit! But he may not like it...' She thought to herself before her ears perked up to the sound of footsteps heading her way, making her wad up her wrapper and shove it inside of her pouch as w=she would face her partner.

------
Tag:
Mission Post: 1/15

last edit by Utsuki Yurako on Jan 8, 2020 1:16:05 GMT -5
Gaige has written 131 posts
Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]Jan 20, 2020 18:11:30 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 26 years old birthday rank Jounin occupation

Susumi would be in no particular rush to do this mission assigned to her. She'd half expect the one time assistant genin to be late or something, perhaps a fear of bears and rabies causing them not to show. The Inuzuka were a tracking clan and although Susumi wasn't the most normal of her clan, she still had the whole tracking thing down pat. She'd simply wanted to spend a little extra time with her love, so unintentionally she'd leave the genin waiting a couple minutes.

Though it'd only be a couple minutes of extra waiting, as Susumi would spot the genin by the gate waiting. 'Shit.' She'd think to herself half expecting a moment to stretch or something. Perhaps whistle a tone and get a little more lively for meeting this stranger. She didn't wanna seem rude, but causing this person to wait longer than the meeting time seemed the rudest option. So shrugging her shoulders she'd sigh and put on her best smile. Her body dressed in specialized skin tight uniform, her fathers flak jacket a little too big over it. Though it provided a jacketesq cover to look more street worthy.

Her ears were covered in headphones as to help deafen the world around her. Similarly to this girl she had good hearing, it was almost to a point of disadvantage. "Utsuki Yurako?" Susumi would call out to the genin, raising a hand and giving a polite greeting wave with her smile. "I'm Inuzuka Susumi, the chunnin going with you on this bear hunt." The chunnin would explain, as if there was some chance this person had forgotten any part of the assigned mission. She didn't know if the girl was truly ready to head out, so she'd wait for acknowledgement and any questions before directing them to head out.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Yoshiko has written 5 posts
Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]Jan 21, 2020 21:32:59 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako waved at the shorter kunoichi as she finally made her way over to her. The first thing she noticed which she thought was a little off was the fact she didn't have a dog companion with her, almost making Yurako tilt her head a little. 'Odd. She doesn't have a dog? I thought they all did. Must be a special or I'm just wrong about it. Oh no! What if she lost it in battle? Probably best to not mention it.' She thought to herself.

While she wasn't the smartest, she was perceptive and considerate enough to hold her tongue. On occasion at least. She still needed work though. She asked for her name and Yurako would grin and nod her head happily. "Yep, yep! That'll be me! Nice to meet you Susumi of the Inuzuka clan! As you know I'm apart of the Utsuki clan! I hope we can find this bear and take it down!" She said giving her a wide grin and pumping her fist a couple of times. She was excited! Her second C-rank mission.

"So! I guess we should come up with a plan? Go over our strengths? I'm not good at tracking just yet, so maybe you could help me with that. I do have good ears, so I can sense danger probably better than you can. Otherwise, I'm skilled in fire ninjutsu and my clan's taijutsu. What about you?" She asked, wanting to do what she was taught, come up with a plan and combinations.

------
Tag:
Mission Post: 2/10

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]Mar 12, 2020 20:26:32 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Susumi couldn't help sort of nervously laughing at the initial response of her teammate. She wasn't the most recognized or well off Inuzuka, she was actually quite at ends with them. She hadn't gained the moniker dog kicker by doing anything they'd approve, she certainly wanted their respect and recognition. The girl absolutely hadn't earned it though, but the end of the sentence made the brunette confused. As in her mind the whole hunting down the bear would be the easy part. Based on the other girls clan, she assumed both of them would be rather good tracking shinobi.

Though the girl would then explain her strengths, as well as rationalize her inability to be an effective tracker. "Oh, wow!" Susumi would exclaim at first, as she'd quickly point to her headphones. "I've actually got really well honed ears myself, as you said almost to a disadvantage, but I have honed them to track and my nose is pretty darn could like the rest of my clan." To the chuunin it'd certainly not be hard for her to track the bear down. She'd also not find the premise of fighting such a creature too difficult, but she'd try to step back from cockiness and remember this genin's life was in her hands.

"I'm proficient in my clan's taijutsu and genjutsu, I also coral wild animals to aid me in my battles... certain ones at least. I can't always rely on it, but in Hi no Kuni's woods it should be fine. I think we can out pace a bear, I'd recommend I take it lead and you aim for cheeky side blows?" That'd be the best strategy the Inuzuka could summarize, it certainly wasn't full proof and it absolutely wasn't well thought out. However she did feel confident in the resolve of her plan, it was now only Yurako who could question it's logic.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]Apr 28, 2020 17:59:05 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako looked at the headphones that the chuunin pointed out and nodded, as she explained that she wore them to block out some sound. Not to mention she had a strong nose on top of that! That was so cool! "Well, rabbits hear better than dogs. So at times, it can be. I have to wear earplugs sometimes to drown out the noise what I sleep, even then it sometimes doesn't help." She said slightly embarrassed as she rubbed the back of her head.

"But either way I hope to develop it for tracking! Our clan is said to make good scouts and trackers so I want to be one too!" She explained with a wide smile and thumbs up. When she explained her other skills, Yurako's mouth was open in agape. It was cool to meet other clans that also dealt with taijutsu. "That's so awesome! Your clan also does taijutsu like mine?" She asked in excitement.

She knew now that they would need to train at some point after this. She could maybe get some pointers. However, she noticed they had a mission to do still. "After this, wanna grab some ramen and train sometime?" She asked waiting for her to take the lead. "I'm ready when you are though!" She asked with excitement, happy to be going on yet another mission.

TAG:
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES:

Mission Post: 5/15

last edit by Utsuki Yurako on Apr 28, 2020 18:02:20 GMT -5
Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]Apr 30, 2020 0:23:29 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Susumi didn't doubt Yurako, as with such big ears she had to have better hearing. It certainly wasn't intended to be a challenging remark, but despite her hijutsu's origin's the Inuzuka wasn't the biggest fan of being related to dogs. Though she wasn't so arrogant to think her development of hearing and scent wasn't due to the knowledge gained from that animal. It did internally rub the chuunin the wrong way though, she was very social though and didn't show it. A returned smile and nod of acceptance.

Thankfully the purpose of her words were understood and the genin would suggest the two train sometime. To which the extrovert couldn't deny, it was a guilt passion of hers to help train others. She'd of pushed to keep her earlier position of genin team leader, but she'd rather be entangled with her favorite Uchiha. Him being the clan leader made it so she couldn't be on him all the time. Training was a good distraction from that all though. "Sure, I'd love to train you sometime! Ramen always sounds good to!" Granted their village had one of the best ramen stands from what she'd heard at least.

"Alright, then let's not allow this bear to be a nuisance any longer!" Susumi would state with a raised fist, before spinning to face the village gate instead of her partner. Confidence in her tone and pep in her step, Susumi would lead the band of two out of the village. Escaping the noisy village, she'd make sure to remove her head phones. Arms crossing behind her back, as she'd lean her head back. Her nostrils lightly flaring as she'd take in the aromas of the world. She didn't expect to immediately get a trail of the animal, but she in a sense stretching her senses. Limbering up to the challenge.

They'd be heading in the general direction the animal had last been noted, but at a modest pace, as to Susumi there wasn't a need to rush. The animal could easily double back and rushing to point B could make them miss something along the way.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 14, 2020 12:38:49 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako was nearly bouncing at the fact that Susumi would like to help her train and eat ramen with her some time. She liked to make new friends, so it always pumped her up and filled her with joy when someone said they would enjoy her company. But either way, she was ready and Susumi reminded her why they were there in the first place. To hunt down a bear and kill it! She was going to show that she could do it quickly on top of that!

Yurako would let the Inuzuka lead the way, she was her superior after all, so she was going to let her take the lead. However, this meant she was forcing herself to go a bit slower, as she wasn't wearing weights and didn't want to get too far ahead of the chuunin. While Susumi kept her ears and nose open, Yurako would too listen for any odd noises that could alert them of their target.

She would move her ears and rotate them visibly as she awaited for the lightest of sound. She would stay close as possible to her, making sure to simply fallow her lead and stay as quiet as she possibly could.

TAG:
NOTES:

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 17, 2020 13:56:22 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Despite speed not being her clan's thing, the Inuzuka would take a lead that likely made the Utsuki double take her thoughts on slowing down. As a chuunin who'd put more physical focus in speed than strength, Susumi was by no means a slow mover. Things would be more apparent as they'd go thicker into the woods too, as the older kunoichi would prove she knew the area better too. She didn't stick around her clan much and instead took to the woods most of her free time not preoccupied with her love. Though the rabbits physiology would provide her ultimately a greater kick and longer stride.

Susumi made sure the genin would be able to get the full use of it, as she'd use her greater experience and skill to take the fastest route. She wasn't very worried about keeping themselves on a steady track, as much as she was worried about clearing zones. They'd be moving almost in a massive zigzag formation, as soon as the chuunin felt this acre of land was bear free she'd move to the adjacent one and travel through. Her head shifting a little left to right, as she'd take pronounced whiffs. "Hear anything I haven't?" Susumi asked assuming the genin might just have her beat in hearing.

There had however not been any distinct bear noises, at least not yet, as mostly birds kept the woods alive with noise. Occasional bugs chiming in tune, but mostly birds and breeze.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 18, 2020 5:30:29 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako adapted to the chuunin's speed the moment she took notice that she wasn't a slouch. This was preferable to the Utsuki as she was too used to people being slower than her than she had the tendency to limit herself when in group missions. It didn't take her too long to notice that she could keep up well enough, especially given the fact that she did at least have a longer stride. She would push herself a little farther to try and show off that she could keep up, despite the differences.

She also found that the Inuzuka seemed to know the layout of the land well. She didn't notice too much the massive zigzag formation as she was too focused on making sure she was keeping up and listening for anything that sounded like a bear. There was nothing just yet except a few birds. While her hearing was great, she wasn't as developed or as skilled as some older members of her clan.

Still following Susumi, she would nod her head after giving another listen for anything growly or heavy thumping that should accompany a creature of its size. Shaking her head she would give a simple reply of "No, not yet! Should we search elsewhere?"

TAG:
NOTES:

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 18, 2020 20:39:40 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Good her senses weren't betraying her, at least that's what the chuunin thought to herself. She'd expected the lumbering animal to be closer to the last scene spot, but her nose and ears all told her otherwise. It'd suck, but they'd have to keep going on their way. "Don't worry I know these woods like the back of my hand, I'll make sure we cover every inch of this forest!" Susumi would assure there was a plan to the path they'd taken, it was clear by those words the girl couldn't notice the subtle changes in path Susumi took.

Her senses were good enough that she didn't even in the slightest believe they'd miss the bear if they stuck to her route. She was in part curious to see if the genin's ears would beat her to the punch though. They certainly looked like they could hear more than her own, she'd also be secretly tempted to pet them. She wondered if they were as soft as they appeared. A silly side thought, but as someone who appreciated nature, the hairs which looked like fur were quite appealing.

It'd been here for certain though, she'd think to herself as she'd smell the distinct piss of the large mammal. It might of been old, but it was enough to give her a better idea of trail. She'd start moving in a more clear zigzag pattern, but this movement wasn't to cover more ground. No she was looking for a strong odor to drive her in the right direction. She'd see a tree with it's bark lightly torn and she'd land by it pressing her forehead against it and sniffing deeply. "I think I've got it'd odor down..." Susumi would state turning to genin and giving her a thumbs up.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 19, 2020 22:40:39 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

When Susumi reassured her that there were no signs of the bear recently and that she knew the next place to look, she would give her a grin and thumbs up. She wasn't the best at the direction, especially since she didn't get to explore the forest too much. So, she wouldn't move unless the Inuzuka did. They would go off in another direction, but it seemed to be slightly more straightforward.

Or at least as straightforward as the seemingly random direction, they have been going could be. Eventually, this would lead them to a tree in which she would get extremely close to sniffing it? It looked odd to the Utsuki and she'd giggle a little bit at the sight for a moment before listening again with her log ears, moving them a bit in order to try and cover multiple directions. Nothing yet, but she hoped they would stumble on it soon.

It would seem that the chuunin found what she was looking for on the tree and they would be on the move yet again. However, after a little while longer her ears would twitch to the sound of growling and thumping noises from a few hundred meters away, making Yurako stop in her tracks. "I think I hear it! What does your nose say? I want to make sure its the right one, y'know?" She said, pointing in the general direction of the noises.

TAG:
NOTES:

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 21, 2020 18:39:48 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

"Yosh! That would appear to be the right direction, let's go!" Susumi would confirm before hopping around the tree and heading on a less planned path, she'd not risk them coming at the animal at a weird angle. She wanted to get the advantage of surprise on the prey. It'd have it's own senses, though confused and enraged in it's present state, those senses would still accurately pick them out once they got close. As Susumi had planned though she'd attempt to play the role of distraction, so Yurako could act without the animals attention.

Susumi leading the way would keep to ground level, as she'd doubt the animal would be above that level. She hoped the genin stuck to the tree's out of trouble, but so long as she was the first one in it wouldn't matter. She certainly didn't know the Utsuki well enough to understand her way of fighting. The smell got stronger and stronger until the Inuzuka was literally almost on top of the creature. The animal wasn't in much of a clearing, so it'd almost surprise the chuunin seeing the animal around one inconveniently placed tree large enough to hide the animals body.

Throwing one hand back she'd sign for the genin to halt, caution or not come this way. She hadn't prepared much in the form of a sign language, so she'd add. "Look out he's right here!" She'd catch the animals attention certainly with the call, but that was the beauty of being the diversion. It didn't matter how obvious you were to the enemy. You were supposed to stick out. Having seemingly jumped upon the creature, Susumi would kick it's midsection. Throwing herself backwards, as the animal was spinning around to confront her with a foaming groan. It's roar tampered by the insanity of hydrophobia.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 21, 2020 23:04:42 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako was happy that she was right and would run ahead, as fast as she could, doing her best to keep at an equal pace with Susumi by pushing herself more. As they drew closer to the rabid animal, taking a rather interesting path towards it, the sound of growls and heavy thumping would increase. They both kept at ground level as they started to make their way towards the lumbering beast.

When they were about to approach it, she would let the chuunin go ahead, slowing down and keeping near the trees so they could hide a bit better, apparently so they can try to catch it off guard. The Inuzuka would give her a hand signal, telling her where the animal was. She would only nod in reply before Susumi jumped into action and Yurako would watch and listen. Doing a handseal, she made a singular shadow clone of herself.

The older girl would knock the bear back a little with a kick and flip, while the two Yurako's would get on both the right and left side, while still keeping enough distance, forming more handseals before bringing their respective hands to their mouths, creating a type of funnel while inhaling. A moment later, they would exhale and let loose two fireballs coming from both directions of the poor beast.

TAG:
NOTES:

Jutsus Used: Shadow Clone and Fireball x 2

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 23, 2020 23:21:30 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

Susumi hadn't the slightest clue what strategy would be used to take down the bear. She should of certainly given a little more direction, but she assumed that with them both having skill in Taijutsu, they'd play a game of poke and retreat. Perhaps some well placed kunai and shuriken, but instead she'd barely gotten the bears attention before the genin mobilized. Creating a clone wasn't by any means a bad decision, it'd leave the girl more room to make mistakes. Especially if the clones were used to engage, but only one would be made, which was sensible due to the girl's rank.

The Inuzuka couldn't focus on her genin merely work to keep the bears attention while her partner moved to make their move. Close quarters with a rabid animal certainly wasn't the safest ground, but Susumi would be more than confident in her taijutsu skill. Pulling back from the initial attacks and back tracking the path she'd already known. As the creature got closer, she'd proceed to kick it's swipes and bites away. Further keeping it's attention and more than giving the genin and clone to charge up their jutsu. Dating an Uchiha she'd become incredibly familiar with the sound of the fireball technique.

A slight panicked look on her face, as she'd not want to draw the bear away from the target. However at the same time she didn't want to be hit by any splash of fire, she'd jump into the tree's straight above the vicious animal. Watching in slight horror as it'd be engulfed by two fireballs. The bear would thrash out of the flames growling and groaning in unbearable pain. It's fur working as perfect kindling, as beneath it's skin the plenty of fat acted as a perfect fuel for the fire to persist. The bear began attempting to climb Susumi's tree, as blobs of burning fell from the still lit mammal.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.
Bark~ Bark~ Bark~

Rabid Bear, Oh My [Mission/Susumi]May 24, 2020 20:15:28 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako would smile if she could when she saw that her plan of attack seemed to work perfectly on the bear while Susumi got up in the tree to be safe from the Utsuki’s flames. It as it was with the wolves, the fat would keep it burning as the fur was set ablaze. It would try to escape to the same tree that Susumi would but with no luck. After a few more moments, the horrific sounds of the beast in agony would come to an end. It’d take a few more steps until it fell forward, a loud thud accompanying it. A few more moments would pass before the flames eventually went out as well.

Giving it a few, Yurako decided to get a long stick to poke the bear. Literally in order to check to make sure it was dead. When she was satisfied, the clone would disappear in a poof of smoke, the remaining chakra going back to the rabbit girl. Looking up at the Inuzuka, she gave her a thumbs up. "Thanks for the help Susumi-senpai! I think we’re done here! Was I amazing?!” She asked, before she started to look around. She had no clue where she was and all of this bear hunting made her hungry, her stomach letting a loud growl loose.

"I think we should return back! It’s time for some food I think!” The blonde said as she awaited for the chuunin to lead her the way home, this time with another mission completed.

TAG:
NOTES: