The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]

compose a reply
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Jan 27, 2020 10:55:27 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Trial and error only makes improvement with each failure!
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday March 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 3 Member

Yurako was sitting on the shore of a lake connected to a waterfall near the training grounds she frequented. She was getting ready to learn how to walk on water, as she mastered the first step, the tree walking ability. She was going to master this one in no time! She hoped at least. Her lack of focus and chakra control made her need to take an entire week of nonstop training outside until she got the tree climbing technique down. She felt like she just wasn't good at chakra control or something. She didn't know why.

After spending some time in the bushes to change out of her training clothes, she was now wearing a navy blue one-piece swimsuit with black rabbit designs, as she didn't want to get the other one too wet. It felt a little tight since she last wore it, but it at least would still fit. She made sure to fold her own clothes, placing them down next to some white towels she had brought with her along with some snacks. She would dig through her pouch to get out her notepad, running through the basic idea of it that her new sensei, Yuuta gave her.

After rereading the notes a couple of times she would visualize and try to get it into her thick head the basic idea surrounding it. 'Okay... So, first, I build up chakra in my feet, like when I was learning how to climb the tree, then I should basically just keep the flow as I walk on water?' She'd think as she walked towards the shore, doing the process and instead of just trying it out one step at a time she got ahead of herself and just ran, immediately falling into the deep cold waters below and getting wet. It wasn't too deep but she was soaked.

Sitting in the water annoyed she would throw her hands down, splashing the water. "Damn it! I thought it would be easy!" She would yell in annoyance.

------
Tag:

Gaige has written 131 posts
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Jan 28, 2020 0:54:28 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

Kazuto lay on the grass, cushioning his head with his hands as his eyes remained closed. He heard the soft lullaby of the stream of the river, the rustle of leaves and the singing of birds. He had come here with the intention to fish, but in a day with little to no fishes biting, then he had simply taken the moment to nap. It was find that way, he supposed, at the very least he could have time to rest, to relax. Away from the duties of his rank, the responsibilities of his leadership of his clan and even just some time away from his beloved Miho. They both needed their own space after all.

But before Kazuto could even slip into sleep and dreams when he heard the splashing on water and the yells of someone not far down the stream. With a groan sat on the grass, rubbing his eyes to dispel the now interrupted need to sleep. Raising to his feet, the Senju would walk along the shoreline until the river revealed someone that sat in the shallow and cold waters. A girl? He thought until he brushed the blurry sensation out of his eye with a yawn, before he focused his sight towards the figure that sat in the stream. No. An Utsuki. He thought against as he found the unmistakable figure of the hare clan along with their ears.

She didn't knew this girl before he would stand at on the shore. Walking on the water as it was a second nature rather than an acquired ability. "Hey, could you do keep it down." He said with a yawn, his features returning to a stern and stoic look. "You're scaring away the fishes." He said as he rubbed the tiredness of his eyes until he looked at the girl once more time. "What are you doing?" He asked, although he could hazard to guess what she had tried to attempt.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,169 posts
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Feb 1, 2020 8:37:51 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako sat up, completely soaked from the water and would pull on her ears in order to try and dry them quicker. Or at the very least get the heavy water off of them. Though she may try, even trying to shake the water off of her head like a dog, it would weigh her ears down slightly. Sighing heavily as she stood back up, her ears would pick up something up and see a tall man standing on the shore, asking her to keep it down, making her cheeks blow up as she pouted before giving another sigh.

"Sorry! But I'm trying to train! As for the fishes, they'll be amazed by the fruits of my labor and will swim back to witness me when I succeed!" She said with a smile to the big guy with long brown locks. "As for what I'm doing, I'm trying to learn how to walk on water. It was supposed to be the next part of my training if you must know!" She said loudly and quickly as usual. As she looked him up and down a little bit, she saw that he looked like he was another shinobi for our village.

"I can get it, just let me show you!" Yurako would impulsively declare before quickly getting next to his side and do a handseal to try and focus her chakra to the bottom of her feet for a moment before she did the same as before and just ran, not even walking on water but instead just trip and faceplant straight into the water, getting completely and utterly wet yet again. She almost didn't want to get back up due to embarrassment, but she would sit up yet again within the shallow waters she was in.

------
Tag:

The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Feb 2, 2020 23:57:07 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto would look at her, this time failing at her attempt to try to walk on water, his eyebrow raising as she would splash the tranquil waters, sitting on her own in the shallow waters as if she had been bested in battle, dwelling in her defeat as if she could not believe it despite the fact that she had done it time, after time, after time without any result to make it the investment on time worth it at all. But as he had stood there during the incorrect attempt, he would see where she had gone wrong even before she would set foot on the stream.

"Well then, you're not doing a good job about it, are you?" He said simply, his boots hovering over the running water as he stood next to the Utsuki. His hands inside his pockets as he walked next to her and awaited for her to raise from the water, until she didn't as if frustration had set in her. That was so unlike her clan, at least in the few instances in which he had dealt with her clan. Kazuto would extend his hand towards her, bidding her to raise to her feet and try again and again until she had mastered such an essential ability.

"You're thinking too much." He declared in a matter of fact tone. Clearly she was doing what a book or set to instructions told her to do, and not simply act by instinct until that very instinct became a second nature, much like how he and most shinobi that could use the technique to walk on water would use the technique. "You can't treat walking on water as if you were trying to walk on trees or walls. Remember, water is changeable, so you have to modulate the chakra at the bottom of your feet constantly. It requires adequate chakra control until you can do it without thinking."

He told her, awaiting for the girl to look at him and do as he had told her, at the very least she could progress faster and then he could return to fishing, if the fishes hadn't been scared off by her attempts by now of course.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Feb 3, 2020 23:34:55 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Despite falling in the water, Yurako would only bounce back up and try her best to shake herself dry. She was getting pumped up now. When the taller man commented on her failed attempt, she would turn to him and pump her fist up in the air. "Hmph! no! But it took me a week of me sleeping outside day in and day out until I figured out how to walk up a tree! I don't give up that easily! No matter how many times I fail! Trial and error only make improvements with each failure!" She would tell him with confidence and a grin, giving him a thumbs up.

That was the motto she lived by after all. It had worked for her so far, so she wasn't going to quit. She'll look down and see him walk on water as if it was child's play. He definitely was a superior shinobi, she could tell just by looking at him. When he said she was thinking too much she would just stay quiet and look at him, listening to his instruction. He would explain how it was different from walking up a tree or wall. However, his explanation wasn't that clear to her. The only thing she really got was that she needed chakra control.

"Sorry, can you explain it easier? I'm not very good at picking up on things... Also, I'm not good at chakra control. I never could figure out why. I don't run out of energy easily but when it comes to just controlling my chakra and when I try focusing, I find I just suck at it..." She explained, crossing her arms while pouting. It was true. She didn't know if it was because of her lack of concentration or something else. She just wasn't good at it. It didn't help that she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed either.

------
Tag:

The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Feb 5, 2020 15:08:10 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Easier?" Kazuto asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl. He Listened to her words and the confused expression that she bore in her face, almost as if the message had gone through one ear just to emerge from the other for nothing to be retained. It wasn't a terribly hard thing to do, so he couldn't understand why he would have to explain it in an easier fashion than the technical determination that he had shared with her just a short instances ago. After all, if he judged that she had to be at the very least a Genin to try to attempt this, she had to understand the concepts. Or not, and that's when he realized the sort of individual he was dealing with then and now.

"You..." He began, carefully choosing his words lest he dared to insult the girl. "...Aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?" Leaving those words hanging he would bring his index and thumb to his chin, holding it as he was in thought. He was usually used to people that would understand his teachings in a more efficient manner. Without him having to repeat himself multiple time, but he supposed that he could make this work if he had the correct approach with his words that was. Then a facsimile that he thought was good enough came to his mind and he would look at the girl.

"I suppose, you like deserts don't you? You like syrup and cookies as well?" He said. Trying to piece his speech from those ideas. "Well, if you think about it, what happens when you hit a flan? It changes form, it adapts to its container, it is not an homogeneous, it changes when you put on a flan for example, the water is the same, it is not flat like a cookie that you can hold, more like it, so when you walk on water, you need to react to the small changes that the water surface has when you put pressure on it." He told her and then backed away, hopefully inspiring her to try on her own and praying that his message had gotten through the girl.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Feb 17, 2020 21:26:44 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako would nod when he said easier, balling her fits up and nodding her head in anticipation for him to dumb down the answers she needed to take her biggest next step towards becoming a chuunin and finally reaching her goal. She nearly bounced up and down in place, water droplets still dripping from her body and back into the water as she awaited answers and secrets from the older man. She still had a look of pure determination whenever he asked if she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. After so many years, she still didn't know what that meant.

She assumed it was good as she heard it so often, blissfully unaware that it meant she wasn't very smart and most just thought she didn't care or something along those lines. "Nope! But that's no the point! I know I'm awesome or whatever the phrase means! Anyways just tell me what you know!" She said quickly, filled with her impatience and eagerness to learn and grow. The Utsuki stopped in place as she would listen to him first ask her if she liked flan. She would nod, not even humoring his rhetorical question.

She liked to eat, so of course, she knew what it was. When he gave her his explanation, her eyes would widen while her mouth was in agape at the best way of explaining something she ever heard. "I still don't fully get it but let's try again!" She said with a big grin as she went back to shore, trying to build up her chakra again before walking back on the water. This time she held on as her face scrunched up with her attempting to focus. This time, she would float for a few seconds but then the water would be repelled from her feet as she was using too much chakra.

Yurako didn't notice however and kept trying to push and control her chakra.

TAG:
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES: Any?

last edit by Utsuki Yurako on Feb 17, 2020 21:27:34 GMT -5
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Mar 1, 2020 12:18:33 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The Senju groaned as the girl was unable to understand his explanation. He groaned at the fact that she didn't had the mental capacities of a rock and that even his most dumb explanation seemed to fall on deaf ears. It was an extreme change from what he had to deal with Kazui, whereas the Uchiha was sharp and inquisitive, the Utsuki was like speaking to a wall. He began to blink as a nervous tick was birth from the whole situation, taking a deep breath he would rub his temples and then his eyes before he opened them and saw the girl gloating above surface, her feet clearly threading on water before she sand again.

Hope was kindled within himself and thought that perhaps she was more of a tactile learner than someone that would understand the lessons given to her. As his mind tried to come with an easier metaphor he stepped towards the girl, standing over her with crossed arms as he closed his eyes and then spoke once more. "Ok, what you did there, you need to do it again." He said simply. It was very likely that she didn't even have realized what she had walked above the water for half a second. "I want you to picture the chakra under your feet like a crumpled piece of paper that you try to straighten before you roll it into a ball again."

It was as dumb down that he could go. Kazuto would raise a feet, showing at her what he had done as the chakra was visible at the bottom of his feet, but rather than a straight sheet it would be like small crumpled waves, one after the other as they would mold and press water so he had a sure footing whenever he walked on water. "Try it yourself." He said and awaited for her to actually do it.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Mar 10, 2020 18:45:59 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako heard his groan, making her open her eyes and notice once she looked down that she wasn't even standing on the water, her toes were meeting the sand below her as the water was pushed away from her feet, due to placing too much chakra. She failed again. Stopping her chakra flow, the water went back to normal, submerging her toes beneath it. She sighed in disappointment, looking up to the Senju as he rubbed his forehead in frustration. Shaking her head free of the shackles of disappointment she did a quick fist pump.

"Sorry! I'll get it next time! I just got to try again! I won't stop until I have it down!" She said with her usual high amounts of confidence. He did say she needed to do what she did again but she looked at him cluelessly, due to not even noticing she stood on the water for a moment. She scratched her head as she stared at him in confusion. 'Did I walk on water for a little bit?' She thought as she listened to the man's explanation, watching him closely.

She watched him raise one of his feet and watched the glowing blue chakra on the bottom of it, while he explained it in yet another metaphor. As she watched closely, she would finally see and understand what he was talking about, as if a lightbulb lit up in her noodle. "Ooooooh! Now I get it!" She said happily, banging her closed fist in an open palm, smiling widely as she did so. Closing her eyes, she would try to envision it again, doing the tiger seal.

As she did this, chakra would build yet again at the bottom of her feet, which she would take one step on top of the water. Once her toes didn't sink, she would try to slowly do the same with the other, managing to stand on the water, holding her arms out as she tried to keep her balance.

TAG:
NOTES:

The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Mar 15, 2020 0:16:25 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

She has it, she says He thought, watching her and thinking that the brightness in her eyes had to with her understanding his metaphors but a part of him telling him not to be that hopeful that she would be actually able to walk on water and he held his breath as the girl would begin, watching her a first step and then take a second one successfully. He blinked twice to make sure that he wasn't dreaming the whole ordeal and that she actually managed to take a steps on the stream without sinking.

"Yes!" The Senju would say despite himself. Glad that she had finally got it. He had honestly began to wonder whether or not the girl would be able to get the meaning behind his words. Failure wasn't something he was necessarily used to, so the fact that he had succeded in making the girl follow his instructions was something to be glad to celebrate. "Well done, well done indeed." He said as he would retreat to a shore and set upon the sand. "You have taken your fist steps into a larger world." He said, calm and glad that she had finally understood him and that she could pick it up from here, or at the very least he thought so.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Senju Kazuto on Mar 15, 2020 0:39:37 GMT -5
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Apr 27, 2020 21:27:36 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako held her arms out, still stumbling a little bit. As the surface of the water would ripple, she would make her chakra ripple along with it. She would take a few more steps before she started to walk around in a circle. But, her smile would fade and she would sink back down again. Well, she at least made some progress.

"Woohoo! My next step is completed! Thanks uh... Thanks... What's your name anyway? Mine's Utsuki Yurako of the Utsuki clan! I'm also apart of the Namikaze clan." Yurako shouted, jumping up and landing back in the water instead of on top, making it splash. She was happy that she finally understood the water walking. Something told her that she would've taken about a week or more until she figured it out on her own.

He must've been awesome and strong to know how to explain it so well. Was he a teacher at the academy like her mother? Or maybe he was a team leader? She needed to know more about him. "You wanna be my tutor? I could use someone to help me out in the future." She asked. Thinking about it now, she could get her reward after he answered. She was getting hungry and wanted to go eat some ramen.

TAG:
NOTES:

last edit by Utsuki Yurako on May 26, 2020 21:52:16 GMT -5
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Apr 28, 2020 1:47:43 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Understandably, the girl would show her joy for mastering such a technique. Perhaps she had overdone it, but he decided to keep quiet and not take this moment of victory from her. As he saw that with each step her skills would become better and better with each step, the Senju simply decided that it was his moment to leave. When he was about to turn and the girl would speak thanking him and naming herself as Yurako, he had assumed that Utsuki was her clan, after all it was as part of her physiology and that would be incredibly hard to miss.

It was then when she asked for his name and if he could become her tutor. He turned and watched her for a brief second. He wasn't really sure that he wanted to go through the maddening prospect of having to extrapolate explanations by using strange metaphors. And decided that perhaps it wouldn't be the best idea in the short term. Clearing his throat he would eye the rabbit girl and spoke calmly. "My name is Kazuto." He told her, deciding to keep his family name for himself, otherwise the girl would try to follow him to the Senju Clan compound. "And.. maybe. If time permits and my duties allow it, I will be willing to tutor you." He said before he would nod towards her and began to move towards his fishing rod, seeking to pick all his belongings, he wondered if all the members of her clan were like that. He hoped that not, that such enthusiasm was tempered by pragmatism.

"Have a nice day." He told her, walking away as he quietly hoped that she would not follow him. Or if she did, that she would soon grow tired and bored about him taking too long to get home. He could only hope, the girl seemed to have a knack for persistance.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Failing on Water Technique [Kazuto]Apr 28, 2020 3:42:13 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako watched as the man turned to talk to her just a little bit before he too was about to leave, telling her his name, but not his surname. She was curious about that but decided it might have just not been all that important to him, like the other person she met who did the same, Himawari. Speaking of, she needed to find that woman again as she hasn't seen her around. She did get some more money and wanted to treat her to ramen.

"Nice to meet you Kazuto-sensei! I hope we see each other again then! Thanks for helping me again! Not too much longer until I become a chuunin hopefully now!" She said in her usual excited and fast-paced manner of talking. He seemed busy and she didn't want to bother him anymore. Instead, she was gonna reward herself with some ramen, perhaps practice a few more times later.

Skipping through the water and making more splashes, she quickly made it back to the brush in order to change clothes as quickly as she could as her stomach started to growl loudly as she did so. A few moments later she stepped back out carrying her swimming clothes in a nice plastic bag and decided to give Kazuto a wave before running off to get some food.

--Thread Exit.--

TAG:
NOTES:

last edit by Utsuki Yurako on Apr 29, 2020 0:18:18 GMT -5