Slow Nights (Yusaku)

compose a reply
Slow Nights (Yusaku)Jan 29, 2020 10:29:15 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation
It was a surprisingly warm evening in Konohaguke and amongst the businesses and stalls stood a simple two story building. Outside the door a sign with a monkey sitting on a bar drinking sake out of a cup held in its tail swung in the breeze. The sound of a guitar and singing drifted out ofThe Drunken Monkey.

Inside the old bar was a rather large room that up until recently had been I'm a terrible state of disrepair. The wooden floors had been cleaned and restained, the tables and chairs stripped and repainted a nice red. The walls too had been painted a deep rich red, and various decorations hung on shelves.

on one wall was a large wagon wheel with six dart boards nailed to it, one in the center and five around the wheel. It was anchored to the wall so the wheel could spin, turning the dart boards into blurs of red, green, and white. An old carnival game, Yusuke was currently undefeated since installing it.

In the corner was an electric record player with vinyls sitting in a milk crate beside it. A few corner tables had tiles, dice, or cards sitting on them. People enjoyed to gamble sometimes when they drank, and the stone fountain on one wall depicting a large bass had been repaired and bubbled calmingly.

On the back wall stood the bar, a chalkboard on the back wall listing the specials of the day hung above the shelves of alcohol. Surrounding the board were various photos tacked to the wall. They were all of Yusuke and his various friends. Beside the bar was a door leading into the kitchen.

The bar was empty, the pleasant weather perhaps drawing people outdoors and the patron of the bar, Yusuke Sarutobi sat at one of the wooden tables, back to the door with his feet propped up. He wore his standard ninja attire, simple black pants, a white flak jacket, amd brilliant red bracers and greaves on his arms and legs respectably. Over his flak jacket he wore a black apron with the words "Do whatever you want to the cook" written in white letters above a smiley face winking.Three bottles of beer sat empty, and a fourth was roughly half full.

He held a guitar and was playing a simple three chord tune as he sung jovially to the empty pub.

"Come In, Come In, we'll do the best we can
Come In, Come In, bring your whole bloody clan
take it nice and easy and we'll take you by the hand
set ye down and treat ye 'dasent' I'm an honest man

I've travelled east I've travelled west I've rode from town to town
I've picked the harvest up I greet the people up and down
where ever I went the welcome mat was always laid for me
so set ye down and have a glass and sing our village glee

When I am gone to somewhere's else my mem'ries growing dim
just set ye down and have a glass invite the people in
and think about the good old times and you'll remember me
when good old songs were roaring out and porter flowing free"

The last chords rang out as the simple baritone echoed through the room.
Yusuke has written 440 posts
Slow Nights (Yusaku)Feb 4, 2020 9:39:03 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Success is measured in blood. Yours, or your enemy's.
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday April 21st rank Jounin occupation Anbu

A pair of leather tabi boots in blue faintly stepped inside the open locale. Blue baggy pants, fishnet over a black undersuit and more bluish, red trimmed leather followed through as a young man with coal hair and a lavender tinted white for eyes made his presence known. He did not wear a headband, perhaps he was off duty, but strolled around with the composure of a trained shinobi.

Even a little too trained actually. His steps while padded by leather boots made no sound at all.

Yusaku did not want to interrupt the song the blonde guy was playing there, he wouldn't want to be rude, so he limited himself to sit down at the counter and wait for someone to serve him. Every now and again the Hyuga would fiddle with the rather unorthodox looking armor, adjusting things here and there. First the gloves, then his boots and all that.

His eyes glanced around the locale. It was cozy all things considered, now he would need to know if whatever this locale had to offer was of quality or not. But that was one thing he particularly liked, finding out all the small and large places in Konoha where one could have a real good time.

TAG NOTES GO HERE

last edit by Yusaku Hyūga on Feb 4, 2020 9:53:54 GMT -5
Nightshade has written 193 posts
Slow Nights (Yusaku)Feb 6, 2020 17:39:44 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
As Yusuke played his song he noticed a man enter the Drunken Monkey. He was shorter than Yusuke, which was not surprising given Yusuke's impressive height. He wore leather armor and as he walked through the bar towards the counter Yusuke noted the lavender white eyes. A hyuga then, and one who moved with a trained and serious stride.

He finished the song and placed the guitar on the table, grabbing his fourth beer and walking around to behind the counter. He grinned as he went, calling out to the man.

"Evening, Sorry for the delay. Trying to keep myself entertained on a slow night." He said.

He reached the man from the other side of the bar and placed his bottle on the counter.

"Welcome to the Drunken Monkey. What can I get ya? Looking for a drink or maybe a bite to eat?" He asked.

He had never seen the man in the bar before, and the Drunken Monkey was a tavern unlike any Yusuke had been to before. He didn't charge for anything, instead simply asking for donations from any who had to give. While not the most beneficial choice financially the too jar always seemed to be full, and the doors stayed open.
Slow Nights (Yusaku)Feb 17, 2020 8:10:05 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku glanced slightly up and down. "No worries, I hope I am not interrupting anything important." The Hyuga would reply, taking in the other's appereance. Striking blond hair. 

His lavender eyes focused back on the bartender's face as he was asked about his order. "Oh, uhm...if that's alright with you, I could really use a bite." He commented, nodding. "No alchool though. I have some stuff to do later and my partner would absolutely destroy me if I got myself drunk eheh." Yeah, perhaps it was best for him to remain sober for when he would have to change up in anbu gear, put on a mask and patrol the village.

"You know this stuff better than me so...uuh. Yeah, I guess go with Chef's choice?"

TAG NOTES GO HERE

Slow Nights (Yusaku)Feb 17, 2020 16:05:34 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke laughed as the Hyuga spoke, saying he hoped he wasn't interrupting anything important.

"If something important was going on I'd be the last person to know. You are fine." he chuckled.

After asking for the man's order Yusuke would shrug when the man refused a drink. The Sarutobi turned around, grabbing a bottle of water and a cup, scooping some ice out of the bucket and placing the pair on the counter. He smirked at the statement, reminding him of his friend

"Kazuto has been telling me to lay off the sauce for years. Where's the fun in that?" he laughed.

Yusuke brought his hands together, crossing his pointer and middle fingers. With a small pop and a puff of smoke a shadow clones appeared before heading into the kitchen to cook.

"One special coming right up." he said, leaning down against the bar, "So tell me about yourself. I haven't seen you in here before."

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text

Slow Nights (Yusaku)Mar 9, 2020 9:50:41 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku hummed. "Kazuto would be right." The Hyuga would retort, knowing the younger shinobi a little too well. Well, actually, not that well apparently. For instance, he just learned that the bartender was his acquaintance. Then again, bartenders tend to meet a lot of people, so perhaps it was natural.

He grabbed the glass of water, inspecting it for a moment before taking a sip. Old habits and training dies hard. Always have to check anything you're handed to make sure it ain't spiked. Even more so when everyone is possibly out there trying to find a way to gouge your eyes out.

"I'm busy all the time doing this or that. Finally got time to kill and not something else so I like going around trying places in my free moments." He answered simply, hoping the guy would get the whole gist of "can't tell, won't tell". Well, he could tell him, but after that he would have to kill him. There's a reason why Anbu are sworn to secrecy. "As far as me me goes, my eyes say it all, I think." Wouldn't take a genious to recognize a Hyuga anyway. The guy could probably draw his conclusions on the rest.

"Didn't know Kazuto was the one to socialize. He's always a shut in all the time I see him around."

TAG NOTES GO HERE

Slow Nights (Yusaku)Mar 9, 2020 15:25:24 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke chuckled as the newcomer agreed with Kazuto's assessment. Yusuke was slightly surprised to learn the random Hyuga apparently knew Yusuke's dear friend. Though given the Senju's status and reputation it shouldn't have been to surprising.

The new man spoke, explaining since he was finally finding himself with some free time he was exploring some of the local places. Yusuke knew enough shinobi to know when someone was trying to tell him to drop a topic. The Sarutobi simply took a drink of his ale and extended an arm out, gesturing to the bar.

"Well the place is newly reopened, and tonight's a bad example, but we tend to be pretty active." Yusuke said.

He raised a questioning brow at the man's statement about his eyes saying it all. Strangw to meet someone whose identity was held in such tight alignment with their clan and ability that they would summarize themselves with it alone.Yusuke was a Sarutobi, but hardly used that as his identifying trait.

"Fair enough. Any shinobi of the leaf is welcome here." he replied.

The Hyugas statement concerning Kazuto's brought a laugh from the Sarutobi.

"Oh he is not the social type, but a good man. He's been training me, quiet ans stern but we like to go fishing together." he said with a shrug.

"How you know him?" he asked politely.

Yusuke's clone emerged from the kitchen carrying a plate. It held a number of slices of tender cooked beef, with sides of vegetables completing the tray. The clone slid it down the bar, the plate sliding to a stop before the new customer and moved into the dining room to start cleaning tables.

"Dig in, hope you like it." Yusuke said smiling before downing the last of his beer.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text