groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Universal Sage Art

NAME: Senpō: Sējisensu [Sage Art: Sage Sense]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Drain]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu - Senjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: 1
REQUIREMENTS: User must be in Sage Mode to activate. Must be a Perfect Sage. Must have Chakra Sensory.
DESCRIPTION:
A technique that Midori uses for defense instead of offense. Taking the same approach much like the offensive version, Sage Art: Sage Fist, the users molds natural chakra around their body, masking their body in an aura of chakra, the only difference is that this technique is used solely for defensive purposes. Where as Sage Fist allows the user to mold the aura to punch a target with natural energy, Sage Sense allows the user to focus said aura around themselves which allows them to feel and sense danger over a wider area, allowing them to snuff out danger well before it is considered a threat and combining that with the speed and reflexes of a perfect sage, it even allows the user a higher chance of successfully reacting to attacks at the last second, this includes taijutsu, ninjutsu, and bukijutsu. Also the sense is omnidirectional, which means that multiple threats from every direction can be sensed regardless of if the user is looking in its direction or not. The range for this technique is no more than 5 meters away from the user.

last edit by Deleted on May 15, 2020 20:13:25 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Sage Art TechniquesMar 2, 2020 12:42:08 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Personal - Is Sage Art: Sage Fist personal? Even if it is, isn't it a little weird this is a personal jutsu. It at least from my reading sounds pretty basic.

Chakra Usage - Perhaps this is fine, but to sense with natural chakra sounds like it would be rather taxing. As it's one thing to enhance a sense due to natural chakra, it's entirely different to create a sense from it entirely. Nature chakra is controlled through a balance of your normal chakra, so extending it as pure chakra and using to sense as I assume a feeling of touch?

Keep in mind normal sensory almost always requires chakra control and it's purely pinging knowledge like submarine radar. So even though the range you've given this seems fair, I do think an explanation of exactly how the sense displays would be nice. I know I did something similar with Etsuko and a wind jutsu, but I think I was at five feet and because it was wind had weaknesses to fire.

Handseals - unlike a punch where your fist is the concentration point a dome is a lot more concentration. I'd rather this have a handseal to cast and keep active.

"even allows the user to react to attacks at the absolute last second possible" - Knowing something is coming doesn't grant you this ability inherently.

"The range for this technique is usually no more than 5 meters away from the user." - Remove the word usually.
has written 685 posts
Sage Art TechniquesMar 5, 2020 3:31:16 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
- it wasn’t supposed to be personal
- I don’t think the chakra cost is much of a problem, it’s the same as the sage fist which is technically the same thing. Using the aura to hit things without one noticing. I’m not sure if the series explained much of it, but this is a canon technique, but I assume it acts as apart of the user’s body that allows them to feel the danger and when it is going to land, as shown in the picture below the description.
- as for the handseals, it’s not really a dome, it just encases the users body, it’s not different than the sage art sage fist, or frog kumite as it is called in canon. I don’t mind putting a handseal but I would like to avoid having to hold a handseal so that it can be as close to canon as possible. Please keep in mind this is a sage mode technique, people can turn completely invisible without handseals x3
- It was what was used to describe it in the show so I threw that description in there. Sage Modes reaction time and speed is no joke.
- removed "usually”
has written 0 posts
Sage Art TechniquesMar 16, 2020 18:36:16 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Unlike canon we mostly require sensory to need chakra control, so as a jutsu it should have a clear method of activation and deactivation. A perfect sage has six extra SA active one of which could of been a form of sensory.

I am about site balance and the wording I highlighted isn't balanced. It's too definitive when multiple factors effect that outcome.

Which invisibility jutsu on site requires no hand signs?
has written 685 posts