The blind leading the blind (Sora)

compose a reply
The blind leading the blind (Sora)Feb 17, 2020 15:54:49 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

Yusuke walked through the halls of the Sarutobi compound being slowly persued by Gazo. The old man was one of the Sarutobi elders, and had taken an annoyingly vested interest in Yusuke's run at clan head. Currently his father, Oran, seemed to have a more solid base of support. Gazo kept telling Yusuke that apparently that was shifting.

"You need to do something about the boys." Gazo said again.

Yusuke didn't stop, he simply pressed his index finger and thumb to the bridge of his nose. Another headache coming on. Apparently some of the teens of the clan had heard about Yusuke's battle with his father, and the stories of his foolish and wild lifestyle that had been spread seemed to have only served to make him seem cooler to the boys. Apparently fights were breaking out, boys were skipping training sessions, and back talking the elders was becoming more common than ever.

"What am I supposed to do? its not like I'm telling them to act like like that." Yusuke shot back.

"But they listen to you. Look up to you. And if you got them settled down some of the older clansmen might see it as you stepping up." Gazo said, for what was probably the millionth time since the conversation had began.

"Fine." Yusuke growled,"If I say I'll look into it will you drop it?"

Gazo gave a polite nod.

"Good." Yusuke said,"Now where is this kid you told me about?"

Sarutobi Sora, a genin of the clan who had recently been released after a few years in the hospital back on active duty. The elders wanted to see how he was fairing, and more importantly if he was up to the standards they expected of the Sarutobi. As a potential clan head Yusuke had been brought in to evaluate him.

"He should be waiting for you I'm the main meeting room." Gazo said.

They reached the main doors to the meeting room and Yusuke pushed them open on their large squeaky hinges. He strode in, Gazo at his heels. The room was mostly bare, an elevated platform for a speaker and various mats covering the floor where those attending would sit.

"Sora?" Yusuke called out to the room as he entered.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text

Yusuke has written 440 posts
The blind leading the blind (Sora)Feb 21, 2020 16:50:54 GMT -5
Sora Sarutobi
ssoo tired
Sora Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday first of august rank genin occupation shinobi
The Sorutobi house. A place Sora wasn't found often because it was never really his place although Sora being a Sarutobi himself. Sora got called there after a few days he got released from the hospital. Sora expected them to call upon him sooner like they were waiting on him already at the hospital to see how he was doing. He was here now though. He was just calmly laying on the ground of the meeting room with his signature grey hoody on with his black slim-fit pants. He had his Konoha headband strapped on his upper right leg just below one of his trench knives. His ninja boots wrapped nice and tight around his feet.

While Sora laid on the ground he took a trench knife out of his left leg holster and was calmly balancing it with the tip down on his ring finger out of boredom. Sora was always bored quickly so he was mostly found sleeping in weird places or hanging around at random places. He always popped up somewhere out of nowhere. When Yusuke walked into the room Sora just kept laying on the ground even when he said his name. Just a simple response came from his lips. "That is me." He said in his signature tired tone he always carried with him.
stoofy has written 35 posts
The blind leading the blind (Sora)Feb 22, 2020 16:54:22 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke turned as he heard a voice speak, and saw Sora. The boy was in his mid teens, already reaching almost six feet tall. He wore a grey hoodie and was currently balancing a knife in his finger, an almost bored expression on his face. Yusuke suppressed a smirk.

"Gets called to meet with the man whose potentially going to become clan head, and he acts like its a drag." Yusuke thought.

He couldn't help but think of how he would have probably been acting the exact same way had their roles been reversed. Perhaps he had gotten some of his attitude from the Sarutobi side of the family.

"On your feet boy." Gazo said in a scandalized tone.

Yusuke frowned as he raised a hand, stopping the elder.

"Thanks Gazo. I got it from here." he said simply.

"But Yusuke..." The man began.

"Please close the doors on your way out." Yusuke concluded, walking towards Sora.

The Sarutobi elder turned and exited. He also closed the door as he went per Yusuke's instructions. A surprised raising of Yusuke's brow followed as he noticed.

"Actually listening to me. Man what a time I'm living in." He thought.

He reached Sora and sat lotus style across from the boy.

"So they tell me you were in the hospital for quite a while and recently returned to service. I'm supposed to see how your skills have fared during your treatment. Tell me, how are you feeling man?" Yusuke asked.

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Mar 3, 2020 20:01:36 GMT -5
Sora Sarutobi
ssoo tired
Sora Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
Sora raised an eyebrow towards the old man that said he had to stand up. They knew who Sora was and never really stood up for anyone. He never liked putting energy into things he found unnecessary so he just kept laying there balancing the trench knife on his finger without any indication he was going to do something else. He just watched the two talking a bit with a small sigh before the youngest walked towards and started sitting in a lotus position next to him. "Well, this is going to be fun." He thought to himself before he looked towards the blond shinobi with his blue-grey eyes.

"I am fine. Let's just do this test of yours and get this all over with. Sitting here and chitchatting is for old people anyway" Sora said in a lazy and tired voice although hints of determination could be heard in the distance. Sora was known to be lazy but go all out on mission and training. Well, he was known for it before he got in the hospital. His old teammates knew he had the fire burning inside of they just needed to put gasoline on it so he could show. Which was mostly done by training or missions. Sora stood calmly while he threw his knife a bit up before catching the handle and placing it back into the holster. He walked towards the door and turned around waiting on Yusuke.
The blind leading the blind (Sora)Mar 6, 2020 10:41:26 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke sat as Sora spoke. The younger Sarutobi seemed like he couldn’t be bothered with this whole experience and was ready to simply do what he had to do and move on. He rose from his position, stashed his knife and moved to the door, leaving Yusuke sitting where he was. A small pang of annoyance flickered through Yusuke. He was there to help make sure Sora was ready to start going on missions, and the boy seemed like the whole thing was nothing but an annoyance.

"Now you know how the older members felt dealing with you.” A small voice said in the back of his head.

Yusuke grinned, the irony of the situation not lost on him and rose. He began to walk slowly towards Sora, not rushing as he still wished to speak to the boy.

”I know you are fine physically. The medics cleared you, they know better than me.” He said simply, ”What I was asking was how you are feeling? You’ve been out of the game for a while now. Do you feel ready to jump back in? Are you frustrated? Determined? What do you want to achieve? What are your goals and motivations? I’m not here to give you a physical, I’m here to help”

Yusuke had never been a stern man. He was always rather laid back and cheerful. Dealing with Sora would probably serve better if he was true to that part of himself. As he led the younger Sarutobi through the hall and awaited an answer his right hand reached down and pulled out three kunai. He began juggling them, a simple circle he had learned as basics in the circus, doing it while walking had taken more time to perfect.

”As for the test, it’s pretty simple. I’m sure you will breeze through it.” He said, eyeing the trench knife, ”You a knife fighter? I’m a bit of a fan myself.”

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Mar 10, 2020 17:49:53 GMT -5
Sora Sarutobi
ssoo tired
Sora Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

wolfs howl to the moon. I try to reach it

Sora's eyes rolled a bit with a small sigh the moment yusuke started asking about his feelings. Sora wasn't a feeling person. He just did what he had to do and went back to his shinobi life. He was there to protect. Not to talk about feelings. If he wanted to talk about his feeling he would go to a psycologist.

"Can't we just do this mission to see if I can still do them? Talking about feelings isn't going to see if I can still do them. I mean actions speak louder than words."

Sora said with a simple shrug. More being a man of action than a man of words always raised eyebrows towards people although it was something Sora lived by. It gave him some mystery towards him since he didn't talk much. Sora wasn't sure though if it was part of his charm or not. When Yusuke said he would breeze straight through he raised an eyebrow though. 

"why would you give someone a test if you know he would breeze straight through it. Isn't the meaning of a test to test a person's skill and their limits"

Sora said with a raised eyebrow. before he turned and went through the door opening. If this test was going to be easy he would be disappointed knowing they underestimate him. Just like most people. Big chance there weren't a lot of people that believed in Sora's abilities as a shinobi but he had to prove them otherwise. 

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Mar 11, 2020 10:14:54 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Trying to get through to the younger Sarutobi was like trying to punch through a brick wall. Well like someone who had not trained as a shinobi trying to punch through a brick wall. Part of the evaluation Yusuke was supposes to be doing of the young man was his psychological health. A shinobi needed to be of sound mind and body. But this kid seemed as emotionally shut off as they came.

Instead Sora focused on Yusuke's statement of breezing through the test. Words meant to inspire confidence had instead brought up a sense of being cheated. He wanted a challenge, he wanted to test his limits. Good, that at least spoke something of his mental well being. Yusuke didn't speak as he lead the boy, in one regard the kid was right, actions did a peak.

They reached a decent sized courtyard. A small fountain bubbling in it's center. High walls encircled an area of grass and scattered pillars surrounded the place, various openings leading into different sections of the compound found at the various compass points. It was enough room.

Yusuke walked over to the fountain and sheathed his kunai as he turned to face Sora.

"Alright. Your test as I said is pretty simple. Fight me. Show me how a Sarutobi destroys their enemies. It ends when either of us can't continue, whether that be capture or incapacitatation. Begin!"
Yusuke said quickly and simply, standing before the fountain with his arms at his arms crossed.

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Mar 20, 2020 16:57:26 GMT -5
Sora Sarutobi
ssoo tired
Sora Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Sora calmly followed Yusuke out towards the courtyard. Sora like mostly kept pretty much towards himself although when yusuke said they had a spar Sora raised his eyebrow. The raised eyebrow was hard to see though since his left eye was covered by his pitch black hair. .

Sora looked at Yuske but something changed into Sora's eyes when he got ready the bored tone he carried into his eyes changed a bit into something burning. Like something was burning deep inside his eyes. He made quickly a handsign with both his hands inside his kangeroo pocket of his hoodie. The hand sign  was a simple one known by many although not visible for Yusuke. Not even a second later 2 Clones of Sora appeared beside Sora. Sora himself changed himself with his own left clone make him the the Sora all the way on the right. The clones looked to exact same as sora 

The right Sora and The left sora both ran towards the side while the middle one kept standing still. The two other sora stoppen when they stood in a perfect triangle with Yusuke in the middle before they all said. "Common give it your best shot." They said at the same time still with their hands in the pockets. 

last edit by Sora Sarutobi on Mar 20, 2020 16:57:57 GMT -5
The blind leading the blind (Sora)Mar 26, 2020 10:22:25 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke watched Sora change. He saw the somewhat distant and bored young man come alive. Determination flared to life inside his eyes. Despite his somewhat lackadaisical attitude there was some fire in the boy after all. Yusuke grinned, his back to the fountain as suddenly two clones appeared beside Sora. So, he was using his hoodie pocket as a way of concealing hand seals. A clever idea, though one that could potentially limit his ability to use his hands quickly.

The clones fanned out, placing Yusuke and the fountain in the center of a triangle as Sora, still holding a casual and relaxed demeanor would tell the older Sarutobi to give it his best shot. Good to see his time in the hospital hadn’t hindered his confidence. Allowing a higher ranking enemy to make the first move in a conflict was a tough gamble, Yusuke assumed Sora was relying on the confusion of having three targets to make Yusuke misstep. Time to show him a thing or two.

”Alright, you asked for it.” he said with a shrug.

His right hand went into his flak jacket and came out with a flash bomb in hand. He tossed it above him and spun as the thing exploded into light. Unless Sora had created corporeal clones, something that would have impressed Yusuke quite a bit given the boy’s rank and time off, he was using the standard variety. As Yusuke spun he looked at the ground and found the Sora that produced a shadow. It was a simple tell, one that some overlooked when first learning the move.

A surge of chakra boosted his speed as he flew towards the real Sora. He cleared the distance quickly and brought up his right leg, brandishing the limb like a whip to impact the genin’s shoulder and drive him to the ground.

SA used:
Enhanced Physical Trait- Agility- Twinkle toes

Yusuke grew up traveling and working with his mother as a performer before attending the academy. These fundamental developmental years were spent weaving between stage hands and learning dances for musical numbers. This has given Yusuke an inherent sense of his own body and it's movements. He is incredibly flexible and capable of stretching his body to an almost obscene extent.

Jutsu:
NAME: Kasoku Suru [Accelerate]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:

A very simple technique, by using chakra the user is able to instantly accelerate their selves to their max speed. This can be done in just about any condition, but any techniques that slow the user's movement (such as armor from jutsu or most jutsu that might slow an individual) will still affect them.

NAME: Benizuru // 紅鶴 [Flamingo]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: -none
DESCRIPTION:

Brandishing their leg like a whip, the practitioner strikes an opponent in the shoulder with the intention of driving them to the ground by knocking them off balance. This is meant to be performed incredibly quickly, so fast that the target has no chance to react, however only master practitioners can achieve such speed.

Equipment Notes:
Used:
1X flash bomb

Speech Text

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Apr 6, 2020 13:20:54 GMT -5
Sora Sarutobi
ssoo tired
Sora Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

The moment Yusuke reached into his flackjacket sora's and the right hand of the clones reached towards the back pouch and reached into it  almost at the same time Yusuke reached into his jacket. The moment Sora noticed it was a  flashbomb Sora moved his right hand quickly up holding a kunai in reverse grip holding the flate stide of the blade against his arm making sure his arm covered a shadow over his eyes while the kunai would reflect some of the light. He didn't really aim the light back since he didn't had time for that. The clones poofed gathering enough information now about Yusuke which Sora abosorbed through the clones. 

Yusuke rushed towards Sora during the flashbang although Yusuke was faster then Sora he stayed calm. Sora's signature calm tone in his eyes might insult some people like he was bored during the fight. Like he already figured out every move the person was to make. 

The Moment Yusuke leg move up Sora leaned a big back making sure he wasn't getting hit by a high upper kick although The moment the foot passed his chest Sora went passed his chest he moved his left hand up like he tries to catch it while he moved forward by moving his right foot forwards. At the same time, his right hand would  move quickly attempting to slice the muscles in Yusuke's right knee pit. with the kunai he held in reverse. His right hand would go further though if the kunai sliced the muscles or not. His right hand would move past Yusuke's right leg so he could go for a quick stab with the reversed kunai towards the liver of Yusuke. 

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Apr 11, 2020 16:14:28 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

The younger Sarutobi was keeping his cool, which was a good sign as Yusuke charged him. The kick passed through air as Sora leaned back, wasting no energy in his movement of dodging the strike. Efficient and calm, as it should be. Perhaps the younger man was less out of shape from his time in the hospital than Yusuke had anticipated. However, Yusuke had a few tricks up his own sleeve.

He saw the flash of metal as Sora struck with the kunai. Instead of allowing the blade to slice through his leg Yusuke kicked off the ground with his left foot, sending himself into a spin that would have the blade pass under him. He was perpendicular to Sora now, his head tilted downward to keep the young man in his sights.

His right arm extended out towards the boy, and with a small surge of chakra he released the energy stored in the bracer he wore on his arm. A transparent lance of chakra, roughly a foot in diameter would shoot out of the bracer, aimed to close the short distance between Yusuke’s arm and Sora’s chest. The impact should drive him back and Yusuke would complete his spin and land on his feet if left uninterrupted.

Equipment ability used:
Ability #2- Chakra Lance
This ability is held only by the bracers. While being worn the bracers absorb a small portion of chakra every time the wearer moves their arms. This energy is stored within the bracers and over time accumulates. By focusing a low amount of chakra into the bracers the user is able to release the stored chakra, unleashing a blunt lance of hardened chakra roughly a foot in diameter at whatever the wearers fist is aimed at. This lance will fly out until it hits something or up to roughly twenty meters. After which distance the force will diminish and evaporate. While this lance is transparent, those with keen eyes can see it by the displaced air in the wake of the blast.

The blast has the force to blow small holes in walls, knock doors off their hinges, or throw an enemy struck up to ten feet. Those hit by the lance may suffer from cracked bones depending upon the location of the impact.

Though a strong ability it can only be used once before the user must take the time to allow the bracers to slowly recharge from their standard movements (Fully charged at beginning of thread so long as he is wewring them. One use per thread per bracer. If thread takes place directly after a previous thread where burst was used it is not recjarged.)

Speech Text

The blind leading the blind (Sora)Jun 13, 2020 17:25:02 GMT -5
Sora Sarutobi
ssoo tired
Sora Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Unable to cut the leg by Yusuke jumping Sora had a big open from his head down since both his hand were up. Yusuke used this open spot to attack his chest. The chakra burst hits Sora right in the chest sending him about him out of reach from Yusuke

During the push back Sora right hand holding the kunai moved down using the blast from the chakra burst to get extra speed into the downwards movement. Sora would let go of the kunai aiming to throw it right center chest towards Yusuke. If it would hit Yusuke it would hit him with the pummel except the point. He didn't want to injure anyone badly or injure Yusuke at all. He just wanted to show him what he could do at this moment.