Poison Ivy League | C

compose a reply
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 4:52:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

In time, he came to. The expected question was posed, him wondering how long he'd been unconscious. "Not long," she assured, green eyes taking in the small changes in his expression and posture as Akira fully registered his surroundings. He'd been questioning reality just minutes ago and after such a jarring experience with pain, she didn't doubt that he was calling reality into question a second time--wondering how real or unreal this was.

His hand grasped at her clothes and he indicated the obvious. He needed more than rest. He needed a hug, and kind words, and a soft place to actually sleep. She nodded. "Of course. Let's get you upstairs." She would help him to his feet and lead them both back up and out of the lab. With Akira having shared her bed in the past it was only proper to set him up there now. The sofa just wouldn't do.

So up they went, Yoko keeping a firm grip on the man so he didn't go tumbling back down the steps in his exhaustion. It didn't really matter to her that his blood would potentially dirty the sheets--it was no worse than what they usually did to them.

Yoko brought him to the right side of the bed, as she herself slept on the left. It was instinct more than intention. Pulling the covers back, she'd let him slide in and then pull them back up if he wished to get more comfortable. He had his choice of plushy pillows and throws and blankets to situate as he wanted. "Stay as long as you like," she said softly. It was a given, by now, that he was always welcome, and more than welcome to her bed. Whether he slept for an hour or ten, she didn't care. Yoko only cared that he recovered and didn't come to regret his decision to undergo the training in the first place.

The pinkette made her way downstairs, cleaned up the lab--sanitizing all of her tools and surfaces--and then went to the kitchen. She readied a glass of water and grabbed an herbal energy pill from her cabinet, then proceeded upstairs to silently place them on the nightstand next to the bed with a note that said "If you're still sleepy," with a heart drawn on it. The pill was nothing more potent than he would've found in the market, but Yoko herself used them during late nights in addition to coffee. If Akira couldn't afford the drowsiness in his schedule when he woke up, then he was free to take it.

Yoko returned to the living room and curled up with one of her books, set on waiting out however long it took her lover to wake up. On occasion she crept back upstairs to ensure he was still breathing steady. Otherwise, it was just her, the sofa, a small glass of wine, and the new mystery novel she'd picked up last week.

@akira HEX: #d85266 no notes!

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 10:13:54 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

"Oh, okay..." Akira would take her arm and help himself up to his feet and they would be up and out of the lab. Akira would not be returning down there today. Up to her room, setting himself out on the bed: and to lay down would be the best she'd get from him. With her offer of staying as long as he'd liked, that would be something he would take her offer up on. But then again, she didn't really have a choice in the matter anyway.

"OK...." he replied softly and would let the heaviness in his eyes prevail, content with the arrangements that had been set out for him already when she'd made her bed in the morning.

A few hours later, no more than four, would he awake again. It would be mid afternoon and now be heading into the evening. He had been tossing around in his sleep, with how his mind had been tormenting him in the time previous. When he awoke, the first thing he did was go from groggy to alert and checking the signs of reality. Everything had maintained continuity, as far as he could tell.

And he was still groggy, despite the sudden alertness in his wakening. It would be broken by a yawn, and a heavy head and a need for water. He would turn his body to his feet coming off the side of the bed. 'Water.' A small note, which he'd pick up by the corner and set it down. Then the pill and the water were set down his throat and he would sit there for some time - taking in his surroundings like he'd never been there before.

She'd likely hear his steps coming back down to the ground floor, preparing for him to be a bit out of it. And he was, but he was still waking up without the sudden need to be in action, his body was giving him permission to take the process slowly. "Afternoon." Akira would nod to her.

Mentally, he was better than earlier in the day. "Did you bring the papers I wrote earlier up here?" Akira would ask her, because he'd wanted to go through them one more time. He would walk across and sit down next to her. Everything still made sense, and it wasn't as warm as his dreams were making these out to be.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:
Jinchūriki, Stalwart Hide, Bukijutsu Maverick, Hawkeyes, Seal Weaver, Speed of Fury [Always Active]

Genjutsu Innovator [Inactive]
Genjutsu Subterfuge [Inactive]
Political Orator [Inactive]

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 10:34:00 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Yoko had just turned a page in the middle of chapter nineteen of her book when Akira began descending the stairs. Evidently his shuffling around up there hadn't just been a bathroom trip and he instead was now fully awake. Or getting there.

"Hey." She smiled at him, noticing he still looked tired but wanting to be warm and encouraging all the same. She set her book down on the coffee table and gave a quick nod to his question about his notes from earlier in the day. "I grabbed them as I was tidying up the lab," she confirmed, twisting her body around to the end table closest to her and grabbing the notebook there. She kept his notes with more paper and a pen atop the book, all of which she turned back around and handed to him. "Here."

It wasn't a guarantee, but she did wonder if he'd have more to add to what disturbing things he'd already written, so she'd taken care to have the items all ready for when he woke up. And, thankfully, he hadn't done so with a scream or destructive behavior. Just quietly come down the steps. So...he must've been feeling better. Did he take the herbal pill, she wondered?

"I was going to get started on dinner soon. You're welcome to stay if you'd like to review your notes or, um, talk about anything." Her voice was soft and more than cautious, like she was afraid he'd lash out at the mere suggestion. But her home was open to him. Same as her ears. And while the offer itself was rather casual (maybe even noncommittal), she was actually roundabout inviting him to stay because--training fatigue or not--she genuinely wanted his company.

There was the medic side of her that thought to observe him over the course of the evening to ensure he was all right. But the bulk of her reasoning was, simply, feelings.

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 11:28:35 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

As she'd confirmed to him.

"Thanks," Akira would gratefully take the book from her and set it on his lap. Her offer of dinner didn't go unnoticed, and he would smile thankfully. "I'd love to." He'd say, confirming his attendance for the evening. This was normal. Mute: ordinary. Everything that he wanted from life right now.

He looked down himself, and groaned. He was still wearing his bloodied shirt still. Akira would made a seal to create a clone, and it would take off - but not before putting on his own shoes. The clone had been created without them, and would take off. "I'm just going to grab a change of clothes."

Akira himself settled into the sofa. "Sorry about your bed- My shirt probably has made a mess." he would pull at his skin over the side of his face, trying to shake the tiredness away from his body.

Akira wouldn't hesitate in starting what he was getting around to, which was placing his back against her sofa, opening up the notepad and setting out the loose papers on his knees; the use of the notepad was very useful. He'd open it up and began to squiggle: creating a mind map - clarity returning to his mind. "I'm creating a Genjutsu. Forgive if I don't seem with it." Akira would add on as he looked back and forth: circling through things in what he'd written earlier and referencing to what was now going into the book.

If she were to look over at him she'd see perfectly the process that he was using to develop it as well, which would be invaluable for those who hadn't a clue of how it worked: giving vital mechanics as to how exactly Genjutsu worked.

But then again, Akira was primarily a Jonin for that exact art: it would be natural that it was his area of expertise.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:
Jinchūriki, Stalwart Hide, Bukijutsu Maverick, Hawkeyes, Seal Weaver, Speed of Fury [Always Active]

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 14:57:41 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Yoko visibly brightened at Akira's agreement to stay for dinner. "Wonderful," she beamed with a smile, lacing her fingers together in front of her. Akira appeared happy enough about it, though his focus quickly shifted to his clothing. She eyed the clone as it borrowed the man's shoes and left.

Yoko didn't care about the mess to her bed. The sheets were easily cleaned and a little blood never hurt anything. "It's no problem, really," she said, noting that he was still trying to shake his fatigue. Not that she could fault him, with what he'd been through. Intolerable pain was a cruel punishment to the entire body. It was, more than anything, utterly exhausting.

What she would've liked to do in that moment was joke about him discarding his shirt if it was bothering him that much--in the way of giving her something nice to look at--but the mood didn't feel right. And so she was quiet, leaning a bit closer to take a peek at what he was drawing and writing.

Watching him work was so...alluring. Seeing him so suddenly focused on something, and on something he was so incredibly proficient in, too? The pinkette watched with a marveling glint in her eyes. While she didn't know a lot about genjutsu, his train of thought was easy enough to follow by watching the page's contents transform, the translations of his memories onto carbon. It felt like witnessing the gears turning inside some elaborate clock.

Yoko wondered if he'd be open to teaching her more about what he was writing down. Illusions were crippling to her but that didn't have to be so. She'd never studied them with any depth outside of basic comprehension but Akira was an expert with that. Would that be too forward to ask? Would he consider it a burden on his time with everything else he had going on? He did have a genin team to think about, and his family, and his career (especially with the more recent promotion). She convinced herself to hold off on asking. Maybe later. It felt best to give him ample time to collect his thoughts--both in his head and on paper.

Eventually she leaned away again and stood from the sofa. "I'm going to prep dinner. Let me know if you need anything..." She was a little hesitant to leave him, but off to the kitchen she went. He seemed okay now. Not super great. But okay. Okay enough to not take another blade to his neck.

Soon enough the scents and sounds of food cooking would slowly work their way from the kitchen. Yoko wanted to discuss the training itself--strategies for their next session, as well as whether or not Akira felt well enough for a round two or three or four. But...perhaps that would be a discussion better had over the meal.

What she was preparing was a seasoned beef curry with white rice and vegetables. The curry recipe was one of her favorites and had roughly a dozen different spices, but she affectionately dubbed it "red curry" for its color. The name was simple but the taste was so much more.

Eventually the pinkette got to humming a song. It was filled with light, airy notes and a happy vibe. She enjoyed cooking. But she enjoyed cooking more when it was for someone she cared about.

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 16:34:07 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

His eyes only brushed against her smile: and he didn't intentionally mean to rip them away from her form so quickly as one might do upon admiring, but the reaction was from the outcome of the mind altering toxin used on him: the idea that a good event would only precede a nightmare.

His mind was working in all of the different places, where he'd broken down the individual senses on the left hand side, circling the name of a technique that was in his repetoire then an arrow pointing to -> loop, building on.

On the right hand side, was the intended pathway and journey for how the technique would work, breaking down the intrinsic manipulations to each part of their body, applying various social sciences as he did: things like "element of familiarity" and "research dream-reality confusion" were written down, too.

But otherwise, his mind was in his work right now. His attention was later taken away by the various scents and a new rhythm of chords. They were new, too. - Akira thought of going to explore. A light melodic tune from the kitchen. Akira didn't want to go into the kitchen. Struck by the fear of turning a corner and into a new scene of death and dismemberment, or something he didn't want to.

Though, his cognisant thought of it was that he didn't feel like he wanted to go into the kitchen. Not really. So his head turned back down into his work. A knock at the door would be the signification of his clone return. He hoped.

"Dispel!" Akira called out loudly enough that he'd be heard through the door, and would wait. Some moments later, he'd receive all of the memories of his clone who had placed his clothes down neatly in front of the door. And a single flower?

Another sigh of relief. Akira would move everything aside and stand up - past the kitchen, which he'd bravely peek across before opening the door and fetching the clothing (and his returned pair of shoes), and being polite enough to leave it by the door, save for the shirt: he'd slip into a tight green t-shirt, and had the flower.

Then, finally, he'd go into the kitchen with Yoko cooking a storm. "I think I'd thought enough to say thank you." he would peek around the door, with a flower in hand for her. Akira had all of the sensations and memories of the clone: the sharp fear as it left, making his way home quickly - the adrenaline of a different kind running through his body. But the comfort it then began to revel in in every sense being engaged on his way there and back.

"That was honestly the scariest thing I've ever done by far." Akira was a Genjutsu expert but for Genjutsu to be used on himself in such a manner was still going to be effective. "Poisons are no joke." He shook his head. For now, it seemed the man's personality was returning to him, as well as the energy (and help of a certain pill)

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 17:32:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Yoko was happily stirring a mix of items in the skillet when a shout sounded throughout the first level of the house. Dispel? Who was he talking to-- Oh. The clone? Had it come back? She couldn't hear any knocking over the sound of the flames against the cookware in front of her.

In time, though, Akira moved into the kitchen with a new shirt on, which put the pieces together for her of what had happened while she'd been tending to their meal. His words seemed to be coming easier now. He was sounding more like himself. And she felt ease trickle into her chest.

His thank you was...a flower? Yoko shot him a bashful smile and a look of "you shouldn't have," but would flip the stove down to low heat and accept the bloom in one fluid motion. "You're very welcome," she sang, taking a second to sniff at the flower before grabbing a vase from beneath the sink and filling it. It was a thin-stemmed work of glass and served perfectly for single flowers--like a rose or lily, which didn't need accompaniment.

She placed the flower on the kitchen table with a happy little hum and then shifted her attention back to the stove, turning the heat back up to finish simmering the meat and veggies--both in separate pans with different seasonings.

Akira's comments on poisons came as no surprise. Yoko had heard every remark in the book about toxins--from "they're useless" to "they're better than any sword." Everyone's experience with them was different and not everyone could see the value in studying them. Yoko didn't believe that they topped every weapon or strategy, but they worked quite well for her own purposes and she was always partial to compliments on her chosen specialty.

"I apologize for scaring you," she said evenly, just focused enough on her cooking to not let the actual concern shine through. "But I do appreciate that. Toxins should be respected the same as any blade. If you're reckless with them, they'll kill you worse than any knife or sword." The level of suffering was really only limited by one's creativity.

Finally everything was finished. She began setting two plates, each with a generous helping of rice and veggies with one side of red curry. There were already water glasses upon the table, which was deliberate. She didn't want Akira drinking any more wine while his mind was still recovering. Of course, she wouldn't stop him if he raided the fridge, but she hoped the assigned drink would be a deterrent.

"Please, sit," she said, gesturing to the table and place mats all set. Her own seat would be across from his, with everything arranged as he'd have expected from her at this point, and the flower was positioned near the center of the oaken tabletop.

Yoko would allow the first few bites to settle--and they were delicious--before bringing up one of the things gnawing at her thoughts. "I know today was rough. Do you... That is, do you feel up to returning again? I will try my best to help your training as much as I can." Even if it meant enduring more of his screaming and misery. If he wasn't afraid to come back again and wanted the exposure, she would give it.

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 4, 2020 17:49:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

He would actually kiss her cheek from behind, a soft touch of his fingertips at the lower end of her back and she would step away to put it inside a vase. He hadn't thought of it. His clone had.... who was him. Probably feeling in the aftermath of the event they were finally back in reality and that the hallucinogen had come to an end.

"You shouldn't apologise for a nightmare not of your own design." That was it. Akira, who concocted them, created them like a dream master and then inflicted them? That was comparable to what she would apologise for. But he didn't feel that a poison that targeted the same thing was still quite the same, though their outcome was the same. "But I can't imagine the level of study to get such a thing so correct that you're able to take each distinctive element and change it." of course he could: he was merely flattering the woman as it was her chosen element of study.

With the food being dished out, Akira would first seat himself and wait and a drink of water. One glass hadn't quite been enough but he wasn't in a position to either fill it up himself or ask for another. "Smells hot." The first things he'd noticed before even walking into the kitchen was the aromatic arrangement of the different ingredients.

And it would be; his first taste of it half rice and half curry. But not only aromatic, tasty as well. She certainly cooked better than him. Or it was just one of her dishes in the same that he went back to the same five or so recipes.

When the question had inevitably returned, Akira would put his cutlery down, not pushing the food aside but leaning back in the chair instead. "Yeah. I don't want to stop. I've got a better idea of my tolerances... and weaknesses... it would be a shame if I didn't do anything about it." He would briefly look away from Yoko and through the kitchen window from his seated position. "I'm a Genjutsu user. That's my main love in the arts. I don't as often get the chance to... experience what I inflict. In a backwards way, it's healthy I go through those things to become more effective myself." The Jinchuuriki sighed.

"But it hurt me terribly." He admitted. But he'd pick up the cutlery again. "I can't say it was nice to watch, either. I also dislike that I hadn't thought of using a Shadow Clone earlier to bring me back to ground level from watching from the outside. But I didn't know... what happened would happen." from the pure amount he was speaking, she might've had a few words to say about it or not but there were certainly a lot of topics and themes to go with there if Yoko wanted to dive into it. As far as she was concerned, Akira was being open on the subject.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 5, 2020 5:11:36 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

How could he say she shouldn't apologize? It was her toxin that'd served up that nightmare. Still, as bad as she felt, she didn't argue, choosing only to comment on his remark about the study it'd taken to get that mix perfect. "Just a few sleepless nights," she joked, but appreciating the compliment nonetheless. Flattery was always welcome in her home.

Dinner began in a soft, peaceful kind of quiet. Yoko hadn't really expected Akira to back down completely from his request for training, though she had wondered if he'd request a bit of a break between now and when he next arrived for another session. She had just swallowed a bite of rice when he added the experience today had been "healthy."

In a backwards way? Wasn't that the truth. It was extremely backwards, especially with him having said the whole ordeal had hurt him the way it had. And trying to rationalize now that he should've tried using clones to wake him up wasn't exactly logical in retrospect.

"Mind-altering chemicals are called that for a reason. I didn't know you'd come out of that episode wanting to slit your own throat...but here we are." She offered what she hoped was a comforting smile. It wasn't that she was making light of what he'd tried to do, but rather that she wanted him to know that the potency of the toxin was at fault--not him.

"On the topic of how much you love studying all of that," she began, "do you love it enough to maybe...teach it?" She flashed a hopeful look, her tone tentative but her eyes bright. "To me, I mean." And if Akira thought back to one of their little scuffles, he'd remember just how poor she was in fighting illusions. But she wanted to get better--and with his help, if he was open to it.

She might have suggested it as a trade of sorts--her poison training for his genjutsu training--but Yoko didn't view Akira as having any obligation to agree to it, so in essence she was asking politely for something she didn't feel she fully had a right to ask for. But if he felt generous...

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 5, 2020 10:07:37 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

The man watched her reaction as he spoke. There was disbelief, uncertainty perhaps. Nothing that he hadn't seen in the past. The reality of the situation was that he'd reacted insanely harshly toward the mind altering event. He knew that now. But in the moment, it seemed like the logical thing to do: they were Shinobi and complex weapons at that. It was never easy or fun and games in their life.

He didn't want to give it any more reality than what she was saying. Not give it the truth it was: and so the confirmation did not pass his lips nor a comment on it. He would continue eating. Her request of training, perhaps a trade, could take place. Akira would make a noise of an affirmation, with food in his mouth making it hard to speak.

He'd wipe at his mouth, only place a single elbow on the table while the other continued eating. "Sure. My Genin team have at least gone through half of my repertoire, including the big ones. It makes me less effective against them, but it makes them more effective for their own defence. I know just about all of the common Genjutsu, thereabouts." They'd received training in his B-rank and below techniques however much they did or didn't like it. Akira had told them, and taught them everything there was to gather about defeating a Genjutsu user like himself. Like teaching his own secrets.

He knew his techniques could be absolutely devastating, and fight ending for the most part. Akira didn't want to to happen to those it could be avoided by a simple lesson or two. Of course, like everybody Akira had also maintained a secrecy among some of his other techniques or techniques he thought were too much. But then again, he also needed to have some secrets to be an effective Shinobi. "Fair trade. Have you much experience with Genjutsu?"

Akira has knowledge of all A-rank and below universal Genjutsu, IC translation: lots of knowledge

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 6, 2020 1:22:22 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

If Akira had taught the bulk of his techniques to his own genin, then helping her out would be a breeze by comparison...or so she hoped. Yoko was delighted that he'd agreed. To tell him that she had "some" experience with genjutsu was probably an overestimation if compared to what he knew ("all" of the common ones??) but she struggled a bit to find the words to make herself not sound totally pathetic.

"Um." The woman took a drink of water, and for a few seconds the only sound from her side of the table was the sound of the ice cubes clinking against the glass as she set it down. "I've dabbled in it." She smiled, looking mildly embarrassed. Her losses to illusions in the past stuck in her mind like sour syrup.

"I know the basics, I believe. And I learned that memory technique after you used it on me. But I'm not that great in detecting them and I've had limited opportunities to learn how to dispel them in the field." Because actually getting caught in one by an enemy was almost guaranteed to bring injury or death and so she avoided that route if possible.

"I wouldn't really know where to start to build up my defenses..." She shrugged softly, focusing on her food once more and taking another bite of curry. Inwardly she was singing praises on how the food had turned out--absolutely wonderful. Despite being preoccupied with worry over Akira's mindset, she'd managed to get all the ingredient ratios just right.

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 6, 2020 17:39:32 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

Akira was fine with that. Most people tended to be. "That's fine. I can teach something I'm actually good at." He chuckled. Though, there was a lack of energy to his voice in the aftermath of their own training. Though - stronger than before still held a withheld character to the sounds of his voice. But the memory one? That was an interesting choice. There was one particular technique that he'd expected people to learn if there was one to learn.

"The best defence is study." Akira would try to give her the low down. "I can teach you how they work, why they work - and how to recognise them. One is because I tend to use them on you, so you know what you're looking for. The second is that I show you the common ways they're applied and how I'll redirect your attention to make it look like something it's not." Revealing his secrets as always. But then again, a lot of people didn't know how to effectively fight Genjutsu.

"For something that is as crippling as it is, it's actually quite a rare art." Akira pushed the rest of the bowl away from himself, signifying his completion of the dish: though he'd had little over half of the dish. His experiences today had left him weary, and lacking in the desire to eat. "That was really tasty. Thank you." he didn't want it to think it was her cooking that stopped him from finishing it off.

He would stand up, offering to take her plate and finding her bin to deposit the food into: only so that he could then clean up after her - and taking them to the sink. Looking out to the sun coming down to the evening. Though, he might've not been preoccupied with the various measures she might've used like gloves and a sponge: Akira was fine just putting some soap into a cloth and wiping down the plates with his bare hands, only to leave them on the side to dry.

Then he'd turn- placing his arms by his sides and on the counter behind him. Akira still had training to do. "Bare with me." Akira would move to the door: her front door. But, not to put on his shoes: he'd open up the door and step outside, still in his socks. Then, performing a seal only for eight clones to come into existence. Then he'd step back inside, closing the door behind him.

"Training." Akira answered it simply, before Yoko had the opportunity to ask and not checking to see if they'd done as he requested.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
last edit by Deleted on Mar 6, 2020 17:39:53 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 6, 2020 19:10:17 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Studying? She could do that easy. Easier than easy. Yoko had been studying her entire life. If comprehension was just a matter of reading and paying attention, then it really was only a matter of time and Akira's skill in teaching for her to gain sufficient experience. She didn't expect the practical portion to be a cake walk, but she definitely had the right mindset to be putting enough hours into whatever training he threw her way.

She nodded to his explanation. The insight on Akira's own methods of redirection would be invaluable. She was a bit intimidated by the thought but also immeasurably excited.

Yoko spared a glance to his dish when he pushed it away. He said it'd been good, despite not finishing the plate. Was he nauseous, perhaps? Had the stress of his training earlier suppressed his appetite? Yoko didn't believe he'd lie about it, so she chose to let it go.

The pinkette looked at a loss as her own place was cleared for her. She wasn't used to being tended to, and she was very much used to clearing her own table. Not that she didn't appreciate Akira's help, but it was...weird.

Yoko finished off her glass and stood, as well, moving to stand beside the table just behind him and tilting her head left to gaze at the flower as he went to work on the dishes. "I'm glad you felt well enough to eat, at least," she commented softly. There had been numerous occasions that her own self-testing of various poisons had left her stomach in such bad shape she'd not eaten for nearly a day afterward.

The clones he sent out would bring very obvious confusion to her face. Training? What were eight clones going to go do after being drummed up from the shape he was now in? Worry would nestle deep in her chest again.

"I admire your tenacity, but..." She crossed her arms in front of her, her tone soft. "You don't think you're pushing yourself too much? I know you have worlds more chakra and stamina than most, but you did just take a chemically-enhanced beating, you know? Don't go hurting yourself..."

Was she too concerned? Worrying for no reason? A part of her knew Akira could handle himself, and a part of her knew he used clones like that all the time and he was used to it. But a bigger part of her cared about his health and didn't want to see him exhaust himself after what she'd put him through today.

"Oh, uh..." She gestured down the hall behind her toward the stairs. "The shower's open if you want it. And I have spare clothes in the closet if you need them..." Was she going to mention that she'd picked them up solely for the nights he stayed over? No. And was she going to suggest she join him upstairs? Also no. But she so, so wanted to. Yoko was trying to be a good host, as always, and his comfort was her priority--no matter how long or how short he chose to stay.

has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 7, 2020 11:48:01 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

"Well, the food was too good to pass up." Another compliment, and it wasn't far from the truth although exaggerated by itself as he stood in the same position, still staring at her.

Her concern was appreciated nonetheless, and would walk a bit closer to her. Placing his arms behind his back and while standing crossing a leg over one side: a sing of comfort with him being semi- off balance.

"This is light for me." Akira would admit. "The most clones I've had training for me so far is thirty. I can't seem to manage to get more clones, but stretching out my chakra evenly across that many clones is just... exhausting. So is dealing with them after they dispel. They're autonomous enough to dispel in intervals so I don't take all of it at once." Akira had learned the hard way what it would mean if he dispelled all of them at once: it was too much to take.

The hard days were when he even managed to exhaust his own supply of chakra by absolutely abusing Ninjutsu and his steam techniques. Those were difficult to deal with, and generally done by himself. No clones to help out.

With her offer of a shower, the man nodded. "Thanks." A hot shower did sound nice. Steaming: burning at his skin. But the spare clothes, now that was interesting. He hoped she wasn't still carrying old baggage, quite literally: or they were generic. His thoughts weren't of the sexual nature: but the warmth was quite literally the comfort he was needing at the moment in time.

There was a brief urge in his mind to ask Yoko why it had been him she'd chosen to spend her time with. It had all changed in the space of a single afternoon, so suddenly. Even if only down to a sexual chemistry that neither one of them had wanted to admit. He wanted to sigh - why was this coming up again, now?

Then he would move past her and into the living room. "I think I'm going to continue studying." Akira would place a hand on her face lightly as he moved past: but move past he would, seating himself now down on the floor with his back against the sofa: she could absolutely join him. Then he'd shower.

Soon.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Poison Ivy League | CMar 12, 2020 18:51:17 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He considered this light training? After what he'd just been through? Was his mind even stable enough to maintain that many clones off on their own? The worry gnawed at her but she resigned herself to a simple nod. Akira knew his own limits better than she ever would. But that didn't erase her concerns entirely. She couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be bombarded by the collective sensory relay of thirty shadow clones.

While he was agreeable to the shower and change of clothes she offered, Akira was wanting more to continue studying for the time being. Yoko offered a smile at his touch, turning and following him into the living room once he'd moved past her.

Taking up her former seat on the sofa, Yoko crossed her legs and got comfortable, leaning back against the plush cushions and grabbing her book from earlier. "If I can help your process, just say so," she offered, opening the cover and turning to the page she'd stopped at. There was no point in sitting in the quiet just watching him, so she would return to her reading. If he wanted her help to brainstorm ideas, though, or even get a better idea of how her toxins had worked on him, she was all ears and would assist in whatever ways she could.

As it was, he'd been invited to stay however long he wanted and so whenever Akira eventually chose to wander upstairs to get cleaned up was his choice. It made no real difference to Yoko "when," he chose to, though she was somewhat anticipating his invitation to follow suit. For now, her green eyes set to the page of the newest chapter in her novel.

has written 0 posts