Street Lights, People! (Satoshi)

compose a reply
Street Lights, People! (Satoshi)Mar 6, 2020 11:48:13 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

It was a rather pleasant spring night in Konohogakure, and Yusuke had a few hours to burn after closing the Drunken Monkey from the evening crowd. He had chosen to spend that time clearing his head of the days stresses and taking a nice walk. The fact that in this particular occasion his walk consisted of sprinting across the rooftops of Konoho was nothing outside of the usual for the man.

The wind whipped across his already disheveled blonde hair, and his white flak jacket flew out behind his exposed chest and abdomen. He reached the edge of a building and his hand pulled out one of the kunai at his waist. He threw it across the gap and into the air. His feet left the edge of the roof, and he soared over the gap to the other roof, a quick jump and he reached a small water tower that rested on the roof, a backflip brought him higher into the air and his hand reached out and snatched the kunai from the air, re-sheathing it.

He landed on the edge of the roof and sat, allowing his legs to dangle out into the open air as he looked below. The village even at night was beautiful, street lights bathed the avenue below in golden light, and various shops and restaurants were still open, the patrons were mulling about below. Sometimes it was night to get above it all, to get a bird’s eye view of his home and be reminded why he fought as hard as he did as a shinobi to protect. Every life below him was precious, and their safety was his responsibility. Responsibility, a word he would have once scoffed at. How times had changed. The Sarutobi pulled out a small sack he had carried, and unrolled some leftover meat skewers from dinner service that night. He took a bite as he pulled his flask from his flak jacket and sipped on the rich whiskey inside.

All in all not a bad way to spend a night.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name

NOTES: Here

Speech Text

Yusuke has written 440 posts
Street Lights, People! (Satoshi)Mar 14, 2020 13:34:20 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday June 27th rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 2 Leader
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Satoshi had found himself particularly free this day and as such after doing his usual routine, he had gotten out to one of the usual bookstores he visited to browse and maybe pick something that interested him. He had but the slight inner itch didn’t allow him to just seclude himself at home and only read. Since he was going to sense everyone around regardless, he might as well turn into a slight exercise of multitasking.

With that in mind the Nara had just picked out a random roof and hunkered down against the side of a water tower to read. He spent some time like that but it was getting a bit into the evening already and too little of natural light remained in order to read. With a sigh he closed the book and immersed himself to his thoughts and just sensing everyone that moved around him.

Satoshi could say that at first it had been really jarring to sense so much and to constantly have a buzz of activity in his range while he was in the village but in time, he had gotten used to it. He had to of course after all he did like sleeping.

Well there was always the option of just turning it off but the paranoia of not knowing what was around you after experiences the awareness the Kagura Mind Eye granted and the other benefits it offered as well even only after a short bit made it hard choice to make even in those early days. Now he could just regulate it to the back of his head as buzzing background and process the information without it getting in his way.

In way it had granted him insight on just how many people risked their lives for the sake of the village and everyone they cared for in it on a day to day basis and also how many just didn’t return. It drove home the responsibility he had and what it meant to be a shinobi of Konoha to Satoshi more so then ever.

He was thankfully distracted of such heavy thoughts as someone near him decided to imitate a monkey and make unnecessary performance for a non-existing crowd. Said person even passed by the water tower he was leaning against before resting on the same roof.

He wasn’t that surprised the blond mand had missed him seeing as Satoshi did kind of blend with his darker clothing and black hair though it was more so probably due to him sitting in the shadow of the water tower.

Not able to restrain himself the nara amusedly called out.

"You know besides the risk of breaking your neck doing overcomplicated acrobatics you could have also not caught the kunai. What if he had fallen on some civilian. Do you have any idea how troublesome the ruckus that would have followed would be?”

By the time he had finished saying that Satoshi would have gotten up and slowly ambled towards the other male while casually rising an arm in greeting.

"Yo.”

LazyNeko has written 245 posts
Street Lights, People! (Satoshi)Mar 15, 2020 12:08:10 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

As Yusuke chewed the tender meat skewer he heard a voice call out from behind him. He turned to see a man walking towards him out from the shadows of the water tower. Yusuke rose and grinned. The man's words stemmed critical, yet his tone implied something akin to amusement.

He gestured towards Yusuke and made a greeting. Tall, surprisingly for the Sarutobi the man was as tall as he was. Dark hair, dark eyes, dark clothes. He was an intense visual contrast to Yusuke with his white flak jacket, vibrant red bracers and greaves, and his blond mess of hair.

"Some people say overly complicated, I prefer to think of them as fun." he said with a chuckle.

With a small gesture towards the water tower he would give the newcomer a wide grin.

"As for the kunai, your probably right. Though a well rehearsed trick like that is something where I say the odds of missing are pretty low." he shrugged.

He tool another drink from his flask, the meat skewer held on his other hand.

"I'm Sarutobi Yusuke. What brings you to an otherwise abandoned rooftop this evening? Would you care to join me. I have more food than I could possibly eat myself." he said.

He took a bite of his skewer, leaving it in his mouth as he gestured to the parcel on the rooftop with the remaining food.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text

Yusuke has written 440 posts