compose a reply
First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Mar 26, 2020 17:27:59 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

Ninja were capable of a plethora of feats: some could shoot fireballs, others could summon literal lightning, and while that was cool and all probably one of the coolest aspects was their ability to stand on surfaces that physics would otherwise call impossible. The training was intense but after a certain amount of time most could achieve the results without even really thinking about it, and that was perhaps the coolest part of all. Being able to stand on a literal body of water and it being second nature, the thought alone nearly made the boys mouth water in anticipation.

That was the reason he had shown up to the training grounds so bright and early: he was going to learn how to one of the walking techniques! Without a team or sensei to help him the boy had put in a request for the village to provide him with an instructor, and today was the day they were finally meeting. Of course, all of this could have been avoided had Mairusu gone the typical route and been assigned a team when he graduated the academy, but with his desire to one day learn from the sage it meant that, for now at least, he was foregoing a team in hopes of being taken on as an apprentice. Granted, he still hadn't even met the sage but that was purely semantics at this point as he was more than confident that he would get them to train him; and it'd be even better to show them that he had already mastered one of the walking techniques!

A small yawn would escape the boy as he continued to stretch his arms and legs. It had been a while since he had been up this early but in the end it'd all be worth it. Well, once the person training him showed up...

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 208 posts
First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Apr 2, 2020 20:48:03 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

Yusuke walked into the training ground stifling a yawn with the back of one hand. He wore his standard shinobi gear, and as the sun rose in the early morning, he took a sip of the coffee he carried in a simple disposable cup. When the request had come in for a lone genin to be taught the tree walking technique, a staple jutsu of any aspiring ninja, the order to fulfill the request had been passed down to the newest genin team leader in the leaf. Somehow Yusuke had found himself the low man on the totem pole again, and he tried not to brood as he walked across the dew covered grass.

The Drunken Monkey had stayed open late, and when faced with the choice of grabbing two short hours of sleep before heading out, Yusuke had chosen instead to simply stay up, clean, and head out at sunrise. While many would find an all nightery to be the cause of irritation and frustration the next morning, Yusuke had done it so many times he hardly registered the nagging pang of fatigue fighting against the mental wall he had put up against his weariness.

He saw a boy standing in the training ground, stretching as he awaited Yusuke. The Sarutobi took another sip of his coffee before calling out.

”Hiesin Mairusu?” he would ask waving a hand as he approached the boy.

I’m Sarutobi Yusuke, I hear you are wanting to learn how to defy gravity my friend.” he said with a chuckle.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text

Yusuke has written 440 posts
First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Apr 4, 2020 10:25:32 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

In the midst of his time wasting stretches the form of a man would appear, a tall guy who didn't look like he skipped working out a single day in his life... and also didn't believe in full shirts. Whatever, so long as he could help train then he could have purple skin for all Mairusu cared. "Yes, that's me. Thank you for agreeing to train me Yusuke-san." The boy replied with a small bow. Another clan guy, geez they were everywhere nowadays. Perhaps not his first choice but Mairusu would grit his teeth and get it over with. Granted, he didn't know an absolute ton about the Sarutobi except that they dealt with monkeys or something which was actually kinda cool. Shaking his head internally the boy would refocus as the blonde man spoke about defying gravity. Hmm, yeah it was something like that wasn't it?

"That's the plan, so where do we start?" He would ask, eagerness and anticipation tinging his words. Mairusu hoped to be a quick study considering there were two different walking techniques that he needed to get familiar with, and while he technically could have started with either it made more sense in his head to start with the one on land as it seemed easier. Besides, training in wet clothes was not something the boy wanted to deal with today, and he wasn't looking forward to that feeling whenever it came time to train that jutsu. One day, perhaps, he'd be able to look back and wish for this simple training once his sage training started as Mairusu imagined that would be a ton more grueling, but he had to deal with one task at a time. Besides... he still had to actually meet the sage first.

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Apr 6, 2020 12:42:51 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Mairusu thanked Yusuke for training him, giving the Sarutobi a small bow as he spoke. Yusuke took another drink of his coffee, and waved a dismissive hand at the boy.

”No need to thank me. You guys are the future of our village. Helping you reach your full potential is as important as any mission.” Yusuke said.

The boy enthusiastically replied to Yusuke, asking where they would begin. Yusuke would look around for a moment before spotting a nice sized tree growing. He slowly approached it, yawning as he did so.

”The basic idea of the technique is to focus chakra into the soles of your feet. Using this chakra you grip and cling to the surface you are wishing to walk on.” Yusuke said.

He did just that, and slowly walked up the tree, turning to look down at the boy once he was a little ways up the trunk.

”The trick to it is regulating the consistent flow and strength of the chakra. If you don’t maintain a constant flow you fall. If you channel too much into a surface like the tree you break it.” He continued.

He send a powerful burst of chakra into his feet and the bark exploded beneath him. He flipped coming to rest at the base of the tree. Above him where he was once standing were two small craters where the bark and some of the wood had splintered away.

Start by focusing your charka, and give it a try. A lot of people start by running to give them momentum. Once you start to get how the technique works I want to go over when to use it, and how it will change the way you move and fight moving forward. Knowing how the technique can be applied is just as important as learning how it works.” He said with a small nod.

NAME: Kinobori no Waza [Act of Tree Climbing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:

An advanced genin level technique, it serves as a means to both enhance chakra control when mastered as well as a means to change one's advantages on the battlefield. By applying chakra to the soles of the feet, the shinobi gains the ability to walk and stand on vertical surfaces or even upside down.

Speech Text

First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Apr 7, 2020 9:34:52 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Damn right he was the future of the village, Mairusu was glad someone was finally acknowledging his future contributions to Konoha instead of just seeing him as a kid who didn't know all that much. Granted, the latter wasn't necessarily false and though the boy had learned a few techniques there was still a bit of the foundation that was missing, but that was why the two of them were here, to rectify that issue. He'd follow and listen the man as he explained the theory behind the tree walking technique. It was essentially pushing chakra out to stick to a surface, but not to the point where one would be stuck in place.

Mairusu would watch as Yusuke made his way up the side of the tree without a care in the world before speaking on controlling the amount that was used. Too little and he would slide right off, too much and... well, the two splintered indents in the trunk were an example of what would happen if too much chakra was applied. Balance was the key.

The genin would be instructed to start by focusing chakra to his feet and trying his hand at walking up the tree. A firm nod would be the boy's sole response as he took a deep breath. It didn't look too difficult but the last thing Mairusu wanted to do was get halfway up the tree then fall on his ass, so he had to get it right. Clasping his hands together the boy would visualize sending chakra to the soles of his feet, a blue aura beginning to surround them. Success! Next was movement. A running start sounded best yet as the boy went to take a step he found himself unable to move, his feet stuck to the ground. "Ah crap, too much." He muttered before trying to lessen the amount of chakra being given off.

A hesitant raise of the foot would reveal that full movement had returned. Now for the next step. The boy would sprint towards the tree before extending a leg to try and stand on it, and for a moment or two Mairusu found himself horizontal to the tree before feeling his grip beginning to give. Arms flailed as the boy made a impactful return to the ground. "Ouchhh." The boy hissed as he rose back to his feet. "I thought I had focused enough chakra, guess I didn't account for having to hold up my whole body." He spoke. There were so many variables that came with the jutsu that he had never considered, weight distribution being one of them.

"One more time." Focusing himself once more, the familiar aura of blue would surround his feet as he made his way towards the tree. There wasn't a need for as much chakra while he was on the ground, but once he was stuck to the tree it needed to be increased a bit. The sound of both his feet hitting the tree would be heard next followed by Mairusu focusing more chakra to his feet to make sure he stayed in place. He waited a moment or two for the eventual sliding of his feet but none came. "Yes! I think I got it!" The boy exclaimed but in his excitement pushed out more chakra thus causing the very bark underneath him to splinter and crack before finally giving way in an explosive fashion that sent the boy careening back to the ground.

"Ouch ouch ouch, guess I got too excited." The boy spoke with a huff before turning his attention to Yusuke. "So do we constantly have to change how much chakra we're putting out? How are we supposed to keep track of that while fighting and stuff?" He'd ask.

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Apr 22, 2020 8:46:16 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke took another drink of the life giving coffee, the caffeine seeming to have finally found the strength to begin to pierce through the fog of sleepiness that had been thrown over him. He crossed his arms as he watched Mairusu go to work on the technique. The initial attempt led to him sticking himself to the ground, the following try landed the boy on the ground at the base of the tree. As he spoke Yusuke smirked, memories of his own introduction to the jutsu rising to the surface of his mind.

The third attempt seemed to go smoother, up until Mairusu pushed out too much chakra and the bark of the tree burst beneath his feet. After a few grumbles of pain the teen would turn to Yusuke and speak. His smirk widening into an earnest smile.

You seem to be getting it, that’s exactly what you have to do.” Yusuke answered, replying to the boy’s first question.

He uncrossed his arms and approached, stealing another drink as he did so.

”It seems like a lot right now, but that’s why gaining true mastery of this technique is something that is looked at by the village as vital. Right now, it seems like it be impossible to do this while fighting, molding chakra, and planning. Really, it’s like any other shinobi skill. How do you throw a shuriken? How do you perform a proper punch? Both are ideas that when first learned require proper focus on them, but over time become an instinctive part of your movement.” He explained.

He gave the boy a sympathetic smile.

”Learning this technique will not be hard for you, mastering it is another matter. Until you are familiar enough to perform it almost without thought, you leave yourself exposed while you focus on it. Try again, this time really feel out what you are doing. Take your shoes off.” he continued.

”You are connecting to the tree, feel how your weight presses against it. Focus on the surface tension and the sensation it provides. With direct contact to with your feet, you can feel when the bark is about to give way, when your grip is slipping, and its easier to adjust.” he instructed.

He crossed his arms again, preparing to watch the boy. He could heed Yusuke’s advice, or he could not. That was his choice. Either way the Sarutobi had been assigned to teach the young man, and he would not stop until he was confident the boy had all the tools he needed to use this technique.

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

First Steps [Training/Yusuke]Apr 23, 2020 8:26:30 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Practice and repetition seemed to be the name of the game, at least that was what the genin was getting from Yusuke's response. One could only know the best form to throw a weapon or throw a punch by constantly practicing it until the feeling became second nature, and that was what Mairusu would have to achieve in order to use the walking techniques while focusing on other things. It seemed tough, especially considering that one could use these techniques just about anywhere and the thought of not thinking about one's grip while on the side of a cliff or standing above an ocean seemed next to impossible. Alas, if the boy couldn't work his way past this minor hurdle then he'd never achieve the laundry list of great things he had planned, so the journey would continue.

Yusuke would instruct the boy to remove his shoes so that he could get a better feel for amount of chakra he needed to be releasing during the technique. It was true that putting soles to bark was a little off in that Mairusu couldn't feel as quickly when his grip was slipping or that he was applying too much pressure on the tree, but with his feet directly touching the tree he'd be able to detect the differences quicker. With a nod the boy would take a few moments to remove his shoes, his toes wriggling in their newfound freedom.

"Alright let's give it a shot." The boy would say aloud, more so to himself, but letting the world know that he was going to get this jutsu mastered. He would once again focus chakra to the soles of his feet, that part had gotten easier, and as he took his first step on the tree the feeling of bark immediately registered. Before it had been just pressure on the bottom of his shoe, but now Mairusu could feel that it was a tree. He could feel the skin of the tree slightly bend as he put more pressure on one leg while swinging his other leg onto the tree, yet even out as his weight distributed between both feet.

Taking a moment to register this feeling, Mairusu would then try his hand at walking up the tree, gauging every step cautiously to try and get the same feeling on his feet from the step before. After a few minutes the boy would find himself a few feet up the tree, nowhere near the top, but higher than he gotten before. It was a slow process, but committing that specific feeling to memory would help him in the future. "I think I have the right feeling for each step, not too strong but just enough. Still taking a while to find it for each step though..." The boy would speak as he wondered how he could speed up the process of pushing out the right amount of chakra before another question would pop into his head.

"Am I gonna have to do this with different types of surfaces? Like do I need a different amount of chakra for walking on rocks than trees?" He'd ask somewhat afraid of the answer as that would be even more he'd have to commit to memory. It made sense that there would be a separate jutsu for walking on water, but until now the thought of different physical surfaces hadn't crossed his mind.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style