The one with the cat [Rokurou]

compose a reply
The one with the cat [Rokurou]Apr 27, 2020 9:43:04 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Do what you want but understand why you're doing it.
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull
age 12 years old birthday March 12th rank Academy Student occupation Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
II - I

-  t h e  t a l e  o f  -

T H E  O N E  W I T H  T H E  C A T

”I wonder what it’d feel like… to be a cloud…”

The thought came from a young girl of eleven years who was leaning up against a street food stand and watching the sky above. The raven haired academy student had just finished her morning training and decided to get some fried fish for lunch. The plan was to take a long walk afterwards and then go back to train at the academy. There wasn’t much else Shun would do outside of class. She had no problem being social but she had managed to remain so neutral and be more interested in books and dreaming that now her mother was concerned she won’t make any friends.

”I bet it’s nice to not worry about where you’re going. I’d do that too if I was a cloud. I’d just be fluffy and light, and care-free…” she thought with a light sigh escaping with the next exhale. There street she was on was relatively busy. It was a calm day so most people walked slowly and mostly in company with others. The weather was sunny and the noise around was chatter and laughter. In Shun’s case, she could clearly hear the sizzling grills of the stand she was waiting on and some venders further off advertising their services.

”Miss! You’re order’s ready!” came a voice from the stand and the young Nara perked up.

”Right. Thank you.” she spoke out to the cook who was running the place and straightened herself to take the couple of steps to receive her snacks from the man. He gave her a small cardboard box that was tied up with a string so it’d be easier to carry – he even made a bow tie at the top. Shun bowed her head thankfully and walked away.

It was a warm day and usually people craved some fruit or anything refreshing but the grey eyed student had been up since dawn to train so she had worked up a bigger appetite. It seemed, however, that she was not the only one… A pair of enviously green eyes observed the loosely carried parcel in her hand from an ally way. She hadn’t even gotten a block down the street when, in a flash, a small figure dashed out from the ally and snatched the box of fish from her hand only to quickly scatter away across the street and disturbing some other pedestrians.

”Hey!” Shun was caught by surprise. She didn’t expect anything like that to happen and had been caught in thought of what her cloud name might be and if she even would have one. ”A cat?”

Tag:
Shun: 96d13d

odango has written 136 posts
The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 14, 2020 8:49:56 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday 03 May rank Chuunin occupation
The streets buzzed with life, people strolled along, minding their own business and interacted with the vendors as they went about their errands. The streets were safe, its atmosphere calm and inviting. Roku was minding his own business, having finished his work out around dawn had left him with enough time to prepare breakfast for the other residences at the orphanage, despite being of age, he still hung around. I helped Yuuta owned the place and with Roku lending a helping hand with the day to day workings it wasn't a loss in any way to have him around. 

Dressed in a blue T-shirt and his usual brown shinobi pants, he walked down the street with dark eyes adventuring out to investigate the vendors and their wares. One hand dived into his pocket to fiddle with a small toy one of the kids had deposited into it before he left. To keep him safe. Or something. It surely kept his hands occupied and stopped him from fidgeting and wringing his hands instead. The toy was a small gesture which meant more than they kid knew. 

As he turned he would almost trip over a cat which darted past him with something in its mouth. With a slightly shocked expression he looked up to see a dark-haired girl yell at the cat, had it taken something? She certainly looked robbed, if her expression was anything to go by. Roku was on the fence about helping a stranger, but when her face and the library of faces he had stored in his noggin' matched with one of the students from the academy, which some of the orphans attended, he turned and went to help chase down the cat, soon enough following it down a small path which would, eventually, lead out into a small wooded area. If the girl caught up with him, he shot her a friendly smile, his dark eyes darting to hers for a moment before refocusing on the path ahead. "What did it take?"

000 WORDS
Set before mission
THANK YOU MALIA TATE FROM ADOXOGRAPHY

Moro has written 242 posts
The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 15, 2020 10:55:42 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
II - II

There weren’t a lot of options. After getting over the initial shock and getting inspired by the boy who began chasing the cat, Shun began in a sprint, too.

”I won’t let it get away!”

The student had warmed up with a marathon every morning for the past two years so, by now, running was like second nature – as it should be to any shinobi. She wasn’t as quick as the real ninjas but the raven haired Nara could move. Her stamina training had also helped and the girl’s chakra reserves had grown noticeably.

Shun followed the cat and the young man down a narrow path through the houses. At some points the gaps between buildings looked like they would be too narrow but turned out to be fine. She did do a couple of the sections sideways not to get stuck by accident.

Finally, she’d come out to a wooded area and catch up with the genin helping out. The boy wasn’t recognized by her immediately but she appreciated his effort and that told her this person was probably nice. Shun had respect for kindness – a lot of it.

”Fried fish. My lunch – to be exact.” The grey eyed girl replied while looking up at Rokurou. Just the thought of the food made her stomach growl loudly. She was getting quite hungry after the training. Shun didn’t like getting up hours before her morning training – that was already at sunrise – to eat so she usually had a very light breakfast and a bigger lunch. ”Thank you for the help, mister!”

”I was really looking forward to that fish. Why did a cat have to rob me today – of all days?! Actually - why me?” she conveyed her disappointment in thought while keeping up the chase.

The kitty would be spotted again as it dashed through the treed area making a few turns to try and get lost in the trees. It was aiming for a hole in a high fence further down its road.

Tag:
Shun: 496b36

The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 15, 2020 12:58:22 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull
The girl and Roku would walk in silence for the most part, navigating through the paths as they went, sometimes losing sight of the cat but always finding it again. Once at the wooded area, they paused. Roku's dark brown eyes searched for the kitty, but saw nothing fora  good while before he caught it making its escape with the lunch over a fence. His arm shot up to point at it, "There! Quick!"

He broke into a sprint, being reminded much of the missions he had done where he chased cats and other lost pets. Most annoying of them all had been the parrot, which he had had to catch multiple times on different missions. It really wasn't content being in a cage and knew just how to fool its owner to let it out for some air... It always ended up going too far though. 

Once he made it to the fence he climbed over, he would have liked to simply have jumped it, but it was a tad too high for him to make the jump. He would look over his shoulder as he climbed to make sure the girl was following. Once on his feet again he would look for the cat, finding it was crawling down under an old house, by the looks of it, it was abandoned... 

"It ran under here... Hmm" 

He said as he moved closer, this time walking cautiously to the hole the cat had used to get under the house. He squatted down and peeked under the house, his eyes seeing nothing but black. He sat up, this time looking to the girl. 

"I'm Roku by the way" 

000 WORDS
@seed
SHORT NOTES
THANK YOU MALIA TATE FROM ADOXOGRAPHY

The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 15, 2020 13:54:58 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
II - III

Shun was a little bit hesitant about the fence at first but quickened her pace when coming up to it. After a long time training the girl had started to notice that most physical movements were easier to understand for her. She didn’t know exactly how it worked but her mother told her it must be because of a hidden talent in taijutsu. Her father – Nara Shikarui – said her type was ninjutsu so Shun didn’t dwell too much into it.

However, any doubt aside, the girl quite quickly got over the fence. It seemed they were too late and the cat was gone under a building.

”Awww, nooooooo…” The Nara let out in despair as her shoulders dropped and she lowered her head. ”This is not my day…” she sounded defeated and let out a heavy, heavy sigh before rubbing her temple with two fingers and a knot formed in her brows.

”Maybe there’s some way to follow it? What do you think?” she looked up at the boy and asked.

When he introduced himself Shun backed a step away and gave a light, polite bow. She thought he would have noticed the symbol on her left sleeve already but, just in case, she would introduce herself fully.

”Nice to meet you. My name’s Nara Shun.”
The grey eyed girl gave a warm smile with the introduction

Tag:

The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 26, 2020 11:40:20 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Open+Sans|Old+Standard+TT+Yantramanav"][var name="font" value="#AE3C58"][var name="accent" value="#004d00"][nospaces][newclass="#washi"] width: 480px; display: flex; flex-direction: row; flex-wrap: no-wrap; background: #fff; border: 1px #e5e5e5 solid; font: 13px 'Yantramanav'; color: #000; margin: 20px auto 0 auto; overflow: hidden; } #washi .colorblock { background: [var="accent"]; width: 50px; transform: translate(35px, 50px); } #washi .textblock { width: 300px; text-align: justify; white-space: pre-line; border-left: 2px #000 solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 50px; transform: translate(11px, 0px); } #washi h1 { font: 30px Old Standard TT, serif; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; } #washi h1 a { font: inherit !important; color: inherit !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; } #washi a { font: inherit; color: inherit; text-decoration: none; } #washi .textblock b, #washi .textblock a { font: 14px Old Standard TT, serif; line-height: 13px; color: [var="font"]; } #washi .stripeblock { background: repeating-linear-gradient(45deg, #000, #000 5px, transparent 5px, transparent 10px); width: 30px; height: 120px; transform: translate(10px, 0); } #creds, #creds a, #creds a:hover { width: 100px; font: 10px 'Yantramanav'; text-align: center; color: #000; margin: 0 auto; padding: 2px 0; [/newclass]

[attr="id","washi"]
[attr="class","colorblock"]

[attr="class","textblock"]

Shun... Shun... Shun! Now he remembered. A Nara girl who was in the academy with one of the girls from the orphanage. From what he had heard, she was a good egg. Didn't bully or exhibit other nasty behaviour. He would smile at her, his hand reaching up to scratch the back of his head, ruffling his dark hair as the rusty black eyes looked to where the cat had vanished. "Hmm... Maybe we can lure it out. Or..."[break][break]

He glanced back at the kid. It might be a silly idea, but it was an idea nonetheless. He buried his hands in the pockets of his windbreaker before shifting his weight slightly back onto his heels, eyes once more on the hole the cat went in. "Do you know the transformation technique? If we use that we can try to steal the lunch back or chase the cat out... But then one of us has to stay out here and be ready to catch it. "
[break][break]
It was a simple idea, but if she did possess the transformation technique, they could likely steal the lunch back with ease. Maybe suffer a few scratches, but... Scratches healed, right? If she did agree to one of the plans, he'd start to perform the technique and transform into a large cat he usually saw around a small meat-stand every afternoon. It was a big, tabby with green eyes.

JUTSU HERE

[attr="class","stripeblock"]
[attr="id","creds"]lumi of pp
The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 30, 2020 13:36:20 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
II - IV

The older boy seemed to have a sense of calm about him. He also looked pretty – as far as boys go, she supposed. The girl hadn’t really formed any crushes yet. She skipped that part as a child. Well, not exactly, but her ideals were always in dreams. There had been moments when she came close to liking someone but would end up spending a lot of time on her own just wondering what mysterious lands might be like. Shun was, however, nearing the age where infatuation was quite common.

”He has pretty eyes.” She stated in her thoughts. Hers were pretty dark as well – the same as her dad’s. Maybe that’s why she felt relaxed around the boy? None the less, it made her feel… something.

”Lure it out… hmmmm.” The young teen would also think of a solution and looked around for anything that could aid her in the quest before Roku offered his two cents.

”Ah! That’s a good idea! Let’s try.” She perked up and exclaimed excitedly. Shun could, hopefully, get her lunch back and practice ninjutsu at the same time.

”I can do it. It’s the first one I learned.”
The girl grinned proudly while looking up at the boy and swaying side to side with her hands behind her back.

”!?” Rokurou transformed into a chubby cat and Shun could feel blood rushing to her cheeks as the temperature in them heightened. Cats were super cute, after all – even when they stole from her. There were some things she couldn’t suppress even as a to-be-shinobi. ”You’re so cute…” she let out under her breath as she kneeled down to the kitty now in front of her and reached out her hand to it. Shun didn’t forget she was supposed to perform the technique as well but… kitty.

If allowed and not scratched, she would reach out to pat Roku’s head and scratch lightly behind his ear - and then under his chin. ”You’re so soft, wow…” Her eyes gleamed with delight but the girl soon remembered what she had to do.

”Ah, sorry, Roku-san! My turn.”
Shun got back up on her feet and did the hand seals required for the transformation. ”Henge no jutsu!” She got engulfed in smoke and, a short puff later, would be revealed in a new form. Shun was now a smaller black cat with white paws and a small bell on a red collar hanging around her neck. Her belly was white too. The eyes were green and she’d take a moment to walk around herself to check herself out.

”Right. I look just like my neighbor’s cat Kiko.” She exclaimed.

Tag:

The one with the cat [Rokurou]May 31, 2020 15:14:17 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Open+Sans|Old+Standard+TT+Yantramanav"][var name="font" value="#AE3C58"][var name="accent" value="#004d00"][nospaces][newclass="#washi"] width: 480px; display: flex; flex-direction: row; flex-wrap: no-wrap; background: #fff; border: 1px #e5e5e5 solid; font: 13px 'Yantramanav'; color: #000; margin: 20px auto 0 auto; overflow: hidden; } #washi .colorblock { background: [var="accent"]; width: 50px; transform: translate(35px, 50px); } #washi .textblock { width: 300px; text-align: justify; white-space: pre-line; border-left: 2px #000 solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 50px; transform: translate(11px, 0px); } #washi h1 { font: 30px Old Standard TT, serif; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; } #washi h1 a { font: inherit !important; color: inherit !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; } #washi a { font: inherit; color: inherit; text-decoration: none; } #washi .textblock b, #washi .textblock a { font: 14px Old Standard TT, serif; line-height: 13px; color: [var="font"]; } #washi .stripeblock { background: repeating-linear-gradient(45deg, #000, #000 5px, transparent 5px, transparent 10px); width: 30px; height: 120px; transform: translate(10px, 0); } #creds, #creds a, #creds a:hover { width: 100px; font: 10px 'Yantramanav'; text-align: center; color: #000; margin: 0 auto; padding: 2px 0; [/newclass]

[attr="id","washi"]
[attr="class","colorblock"]

[attr="class","textblock"]

Poof! He was now a much smaller, fatter cat. and Shun? Shun seemed to find it adorable. Enough to squat down to... Oh god her hands were big! His now much smaller heart leapt as his green eyes simply followed her hand and let himself be petted. It was... Odd. Never had he been petted while transformed into a cat, but he couldn't help enjoying it for the few seconds his stunned self just stood there. Then he came to his senses and pulled away, sitting back on his haunches and looked up at him with a slightly puzzled look.[break][break]
Shun would transform into a black kitty with white markings and ribbon. Very cute, adorable actually... "No harm in that"  he mused before he cautiously stepped to the entrance of the hole. Was the cat eating the lunch? Maybe. If they were lucky, then it wasn't able to get the packaging open. He looked to Shun. "Okay, so we have to be quick. I can distract it while you snatch the lunch and get out, okay?" He would wait for her to answer before he moved, waddling down the hole, his tail swinging behind him. [break][break]
It would be very dark down in the hole, but his vision soon enough adjusted and he would waddle along, soon finding the thief scratching at the package. He released a breath to steady himself and steel himself for a possible fight. [break]
[break]Then he moved. His fat body moving swifter than he thought possible, jumping right to where the cat was and yowled at it in an effort to get its attention. He was big, bulky and if Shun tried to snatch the lunch and the thief tried to stop her, then he could body slam the thief. He could survive at few jabs too. The thief perked up, pulling back a bit before getting half way up and hissed at Roku. 

JUTSU HERE

[attr="class","stripeblock"]
[attr="id","creds"]lumi of pp