Saving a dumpling [Kazui]

compose a reply
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 1, 2020 5:34:57 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Do what you want but understand why you're doing it.
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull
age 12 years old birthday March 12th rank Academy Student occupation Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
V - I

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

S A V I N G  A  D U M P L I N G

The morning had been long. Training was getting harder and, for some reason, Shun had started the day with marathon-level run at sunrise. It had taken four and a half hours and the girl was pretty famished when she was done.

”I don’t understand people who run for fun. I will need to be able to run for days without stop if I want to be a kunoichi… why can’t we pick a better way of transportation? We have television but everyone walks everywhere? Isn’t that kind of silly?” she complained in her thoughts before letting out a heavy sigh. It was the hunger talking. The girl’s training was working off. She didn’t feel as tired as earlier when she had attempted it. It went to show that doing something for a few years straight can have really positive results.

”Maaan, I could eat a horse right now…” she exclaimed while walking down the streets of Konoha. There was something she had wanted for a while now – a huge dumpling from one of the street stands. The raven haired teen had passed the stand so many times and never got one but they always smelled so good. Her stomach gave a loud growl at the mere thought of it and she could feel drool building up in her mouth. The girl swallowed heavily and picked up the pace.

It took no time at all to get to the stand for someone as eager as Shun and she soon received the large, spherical snack stuffed with mince, spices and vegetables. It was a bit too big to hold in one had so she planned on using both. The girl stepped away from the stand and was just about to unwrap the dumpling before someone bumped into her from behind.

”Oh, sorry! Didn’t see you there!” came a voice from behind her but something much worse had happened.

Shun had stood in front of a canal and the disturbance made her drop the dumpling out of her hands. At the time it was watching it bounce off the ground and half-roll, half-bounce on it’s way down the grassy side of the canal.

”This is bad!” with her eyes wide and panic setting in, the girl took a few quick steps, kicked off the ground and dived after it.

Tag:
Shun: 96d13d

odango has written 136 posts
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 2, 2020 2:01:10 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]道を照らす
[attr="class","monbody"]

As the days continued to pass Kazui often found herself becoming more and more busier by the day. Her day off was wasn’t really a day off, instead if she weren’t drowning in shinobi work such as missions and reports and what not, then she was either training with one of her three guardians Yusuke, her team leader, Hiruko, her legal guardian, and Kazuto her mentor/master whatever you wanted to call it. If she wasn’t training then she could surely be found working her day shift job at the Drunken Monkey, a tavern owned by Yusuke himself.

As of now, Kazui had just gotten off from her shift, and ironically enough was looking for something to eat. Yeah the tavern had food, but the girl wasn’t a huge fan of what they served for the day, so she made her way towards the stands where various types of food were sold. Standing in line, the Uchiha would wait til it’s her turn, a couple spots in front of her stood a girl that looked rather familiar. The symbol on her clothing, that was no other than the Nara’s clan symbol. ’Hmm..do I know her? Kazui would ask herself as she watched the girl grab a hold of the dumpling, but before the girl could take a bit, a guy would bump into her and while it wasn’t intentional, it would be enough to jar the snack from her hand and send it rolling down the grass towards the canal.

"Oh brother.”

Kazui would say quietly, placing her face softly into her palm after watching the young girl dive for the dumpling before it finished its roll. The girl would sigh as she left her place in line to check on the Nara. She seemed just like the Uchiha herself when she was that age.

"Hey um...”

Her eyes would avert to various different places as she fixed her mouth to one side of her face. She didn’t normally take the initiative to talk to people she didn’t know but, she figured someone had to ensure the girl was alright.

"Are you okay?”

She would ask in an impassive, bland tone.

[attr="class","montag"]tag: Comments:
[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF WW

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

has written 0 posts
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 3, 2020 13:09:30 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
V - II

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

The big, round snack was tumbling its way down closer and closer to the water and for a moment – time seemed to slow down. Now, suspended mid-air in her leap, Shun couldn’t help but realize she didn’t really have a plan for this. It happened very rarely but she had acted before thinking about it and now the grey eyed Nara had no choice but to go through with whatever came next.

”I must be really hungry.”
the girl thought and her arms stretched out to catch the dumpling. Close but not enough! The bundle of deliciousness moved right out of her grasp and Shun tumbled forward, propping one hand to the ground to go into a quick roll and flip back around to see the dumpling. It was about to touch the muddy part of the grass near the water so, quickly shun pushed her hand underneath and made a sharp move upwards, batting the round object in the sky while she fell forward. In a panic and still falling forward, about to go face first in the mud, the girl flipped her feet over her head and landed from her close to ground state and, thanks to a natural affinity to taijutsu and a bunch of acrobatic movements, stopped straight with her feet in the mud and facing the water.

She needed a second to readjust her balance and one of her feet was slipping. However, she remembered of the dumpling and quickly looked up to intercept it. It was going to fall a bit out of her reach, so she let go of the slipping foot and lifted it to gain some counter balance for a stretch to catch it.

Shun’s fingers welcomed the round pastry and she was just about to celebrate when her other foot slid sharply in the mud. Luckily, after flailing around for a second like a spider had crawled in her clothes, the girl found her balance and a steady foothold. Slowly but surely she made her way back up to the street.

”Man, that was close…”
she sighed while making it back up the grass. Her shoes were now muddy but, at least, she had her dumpling.

When Kazui came up, Shun looked at her quizzically and tilted her head a little. Certainly, she looked familiar. Also, it was apparent she was worried about her. ”Such a kind thing to do.” The raven haired girl bloomed into a wide smile.

”Thank you! I’m ok. Just saved the dumpling, haha!”
the girl spoke in a chipper and lighthearted tone. ”You left your spot to check on me? That’s a really nice thing to do. Now I feel kind of bad I made you worry…” Shun reached up to scratch the back of her neck – she couldn’t help but feel a little embarrassed.

Tag:

Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 4, 2020 17:01:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]

’Wow..she sure is quite the acrobatic.’ Kazui would think to herself as she continued to watch the young Nara fight tooth and nail for her balance and for the dumpling she was trying so desperately to save. Scratching her head as she looked on, the young girl would tumble and tumble, slapping the round snack into the air before eventually bringing herself to a sliding stop just before she could dirty her clothes in the muddy part of the grass. To top it all off, the young girl even managed to catch the dumpling, which made watching her much more worth the while.

Eyes were plastered to the student as she made her back up towards flat ground, away from the canal. Once she returned, everyone would continue on with their day as if nothing even happened, everyone except for Kazui that is. The Uchiha was waiting at the top of the slope to make sure Shun was truly okay. She seemed fine upon first inspection, and the girl would confirm it as well as she replied to Kazui’s concerns. ’That’s good.’ The girl would think to herself as she listened to the young girl apologize for making her worry.

"Don’t worry about it, I’ll just grab one some other time.”

Kazui would say softly as she shrugged her shoulders. It wasn’t a big deal to be honest, she could probably make her own if she tried hard enough, but nevertheless her spot was taken, so that was that. A weak smile grew on the Uchiha’s face for a brief moment as she looked at the tiny pieces of grass that were stuck to the girl’s clothing.

"That was uh...quite the spectacle you put on back there.”

She would start jokingly as her head tilted towards the canal. It was okay to laugh at only because the girl looked badass trying to save a dumpling, but had the girl actually fallen in the water then things could’ve been much more sour. Her effort nonetheless screamed that she was an aspiring shinobi. Kazui could tell just from her actions alone that she was either a shinobi or training to become one.

"Hmm. Have I met you before? You seem familiar.”

The girl would ask softly.

[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

has written 0 posts
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 5, 2020 13:36:07 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
V - III

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

Shun looked down at herself, then at the dumpling in her hands and then back at the girl in front of her. True, it was funny. She chuckled heartily. ”Yeah, well… I guess I’m just really hungry. This is how training works off, haha!”

”Oh, right. I’m Shun from the Nara clan.” she explained politely with a smile and proceeded to turn her upper body a bit to the right so the clan symbol on her left sleeve could be clearly seen. A lot of people recognized it. While not the biggest clan, it seemed that Naras were doing well thus far. ”You’re right. I think we met when the Lightning country yo-yo boy asked for help, no?” The memory was slowly coming back to her. Honestly, at the time Shun had been fascinated by the foreigner. It was her first experience meeting someone who wasn’t from Konoha.

”God, I’m hungry!” she let out as her stomach growled with an impressively audible sound and she unwrapped the recently rescued treat. She took a big bite that filled her cheeks and her shoulders slumped and she smiled. ”So gooood” The girl swallowed too quickly, however, and needed to tap her chest with the side of her fist to help the big bite go down. She took a deep breath when she could breathe again.

”You were…” she began and looked up thoughtfully with a slight hum escaping her throat,: ”Kazui? Is that right? What brings you here?”

Shun didn’t really know much about the girl besides the fact that she was obviously nice. That was a very good starting point.

Tag:

last edit by Nara Shun on May 5, 2020 13:36:29 GMT -5
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 7, 2020 13:33:59 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]

Kazui smiled faintly as she listened to the girl explain that she was probably really really hungry, which was easy to understand nonetheless. Training all day usually had that effect on one’s body, the Uchiha knew from experience.

"I understand, maybe you should eat something light a few hours before you train, that way when you’re done you won’t be as hungry. That’s what I do.”

Kazui would explain softly as she placed a hand gently beneath her chin. In her mind she was trying to figure out where she knew the girl from. Were they classmates in the Academy, was she someone that the girl helped tutor at one point in time? She couldn’t quite put a finger on it, until the girl shared her name and clan. ’Shun Shun Shun.’ ’Oh the Nara girl from when we had the Kumo kid here.’ Kazui would think to herself.

"Right! The cloud kid. Well, it’s pretty cool seeing you around again.”

The Uchiha would say as her eyes shifted to the many people who were standing in line waiting for their own snacks. She didn’t mind Shun eating, and actually she would encourage her to go ahead and eat so that she wouldn’t starve to death in the middle of their conversation. Her eyes returned back to Shun once she asked who she was, but it seemed the girl had a pretty good memory as well.

"Yep, that’s me.”

Kazui would start before taking a beat of silence. As for why she was here well, the line itself pretty much explained it.

"I just came to get a snack, but it seems everyone had the same idea.”

She would say jokingly as she placed both hands into her pockets and shrugged her shoulders. This was more or less the reason she normally avoided vendors and things of the like, but at the same time staying at home everyday wasn’t as fun. Kazui would hum to herself as she looked over Shun.

"Hmm, you’re in the academy, correct? How’s things been going?”

She would ask, seeing if the girl needed any help because at one point in time, Kazui herself struggled with everything related to jutsu, and while she was smart as a whip, it didn’t help her very much with learning how to mold chakra correctly.

has written 0 posts
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 12, 2020 14:05:51 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
V - IV

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

”A few hours before?” the girl repeated and glanced up at the sky thoughtfully. She took another bite of her dumpling bun as she did and chewed as she thought.

”That would mean getting up a couple hours before sunrise. If I stargaze with dad or alone then that means that I have no use going to sleep.” she sighed as she thought. The chewing stopped and she swallowed. Was this to be her life? Be constantly sleep deprived because she wanted to train as the sun came up?

”I don’t think that will work. I started training at sunrise. The light is pretty then and dad has me running marathons every morning to build up stamina. Kazui… life is full of hardship. If I wake up in the middle of the night then I can’t stay up to watch the stars. If I don’t sleep I can’t train but if I sleep during the day – I’ll miss classes and the sun is nice.”

She sighed again as she looked down and took another bite of her lunch. ”Dis is wha’ is cawwed a diwwema.” she let out with her cheeks full and covering her mouth with her arms.

The Uchiha asked about her academy life and the raven haired Nara smiled. With a mouth clear of food, she was prepared to answer: ”Oh, it’s going well, I think. Some of the lessons are truly interesting and I think I’m getting a lot better at things. Still getting the hang of the rope escape technique... It’s weird. Who’d think it’d be hard, right? But when you’re tied up – you’re tied up.” she explained while shrugging her shoulders.

”Did you master jutsu quickly at the academy?” Shun asked while peering up at the girl. Maybe she could learn something from Kazui’s experience?

Half a block away:
”He-HEY! STOP! Stop him! That’s my purse! HELP! HELP!” a woman screamed as a man dressed in a dark grey yukata and sandals had ripped a purse from her hands and was making an escape further down the street.

Without thinking much about it but thinking she could catch up, the raven haired girl dropped the remaining bit of her bun and took to run after the thief as quickly as she could.

”We have to help!”

Tag:

Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 12, 2020 16:19:42 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]

"Fair enough.”

Kazui would say blandly as she threw both of her hands up dismissively. She could only give suggestions for what normally worked for her, everyone was different. The Uchiha walked the same path that Shun did, except most of her early morning trainings were under her own will and interest. She had no father to make her run, she had no one really. It was her drive to become a shinobi that dragged her out of bed before the sun had even risen. However, It ultimately worked out for the better.

Dark hues shifted back to the Nara as she listened to the girl, a soft chuckle escaped her lips. A dilemma it surely was. A dilemma that Kazui herself couldn’t quite help out with. Whatever worked for the student is what Kazui would recommend.

Shun’s answer was sort of good, but more or less expected. It was good to have an interest in the profession but learning the techniques could sometimes be a pain in the butt, so of course Kazui understood where the girl was coming from. Laughing as she shrugged her shoulders and scratched her head, the girl would answer

"Not really. Matter of fact..it was actually extremely difficult for me to learn most jutsu. I excelled in the academic part of the academy, but when it came to creating clones and things alike, I wasn’t the best.”

Kazui would explain softly. She surely had come a long way however, having mastery over countless amounts of jutsu, all thanks to two jounin.

"I’m sure you’ll get in a hang of it in no time.”

She would start before hearing the pleas of a woman off in the distance. Kazui’s eyes quickly shifted through the many people who made up the crowd and spotted a man running away in the opposite direction of everyone else, a purse in his grasp as he shoved bystanders out of the way.

For a moment, Kazui just stood in place. Having no desire to truly deal with the situation, she hesitated to help due to the fact that the man would be caught eventually regardless but once Shun took off to the rescue, dropping her snack in the process, the Uchiha would place her face softly in her palm. A sigh escaped before she would follow along the Nara in a jog. She would only support the girl in her rescue.

Quickly the man would take a sharp turn and began running towards the center of the village where more people were located, trying his hardest to get lost in the crowd.

"So do you have a plan on how you’re going to stop him? Or are you just going to wing it?”

Kazui would question as she ran alongside the younger girl, her hands resting in the pockets of her shorts showing how calm and relaxed she was at the moment.

has written 0 posts
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 13, 2020 8:16:57 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
V - V

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

”Well… I sort of have a part of a plan.” she spoke up while sprinting. It was true that she had thought of something to do but she just had no clue if it would work. First of all, the girl was confident she could outrun the man but it wouldn’t mean anything if he got away. All that was left was to hope for a little luck.

They would turn the corner to follow the thief and Shun noticed only then how easy it was for Kazui to run next to her. It seemed unusual to be that fine with people trying to sprint. Was this really the difference between students and genin? A part of Shun couldn’t help but wonder if there was some magical upgrade that students were dosed with on the day of graduation. It always seemed they had a leap just because of the rank while it would make more sense to gain a rank because of a power up. Well… in Shun’s opinion, the world was weird. There was also no time to be amazed at Kazui’s jogging capabilities.

”He’ll get lost within the people like this!” the raven haired Nara exclaimed as it was getting harder to maneuver between people.

An idea arose and she quickly formed in her mind that was a bit of an additive to the one she had already. While running, the girl fell silent and pulled her hands in front of her to form the boar seal. After that she formed the dog and then the ram. Finally, the girl stopped in place, causing the people around to free up a tiny area around her – after all, they wouldn’t know what to expect when seeing hand signs.

”Henge no jutsu [transformation technique]!” she announced and, in a puff of smoke, changed her appearance to a Konoha shinobi. She retained the same features but was a lot older – in her early twenties dressed in the same clothes in different proportion but had a chuunin vest and a couple pouches strapped to her backside and a holster tied to her right thigh. The young woman was now standing at about 5”9’ and continued forming hand seals. Such a sight definitely scared people around her away – even if all this did happen quickly.

As quickly as she could, the now visually grown Shun formed the ram, tiger and snake signs and exclaimed: ”Bunshin no jutsu [clone technique]!” Suddenly, six other puffs of smoke appeared around her and she kicked off running. All these figures looked exactly like her but, unbeknownst to those outside of the shinobi arts, they were mere illusions with no real shadow or weight. If they were to come into contact with someone, the clones would prove to be just air and pass right through. However, that didn’t seem to matter. The growth in numbers had made people aware and instantly they moved to the sides of the street and rendered mixing within the walking citizens almost useless. There was a lot of power in group mentality.

”Move and someone stop that man!” the young woman hollered as she and the six clones ran ahead. Academy students wouldn’t usually make more than three clones but it appeared that the constant training was starting to pay off and the raven haired Nara had a natural talent for storing chakra. It appeared as if the clones were shouting the same thing even though they couldn’t produce sound without added genjutsu. It was all in the perception of the crowd. At first Shun had thought about transforming into a police force member but that could have landed her in more trouble than not so she went with what she assumed to be a future version of herself.

People did listen to her as now she appeared to have more authority than a child and, soon enough, a couple of men stopped the thug from his front. A grin curled Shun’s lips as she and her clones now quickly closed the distance between herself and the criminal. The civilians were subduing him and more people were joining in to help.

”Good.” she spoke up while coming up to the commotion and releasing her techniques at the last couple of steps. There was a decently sized puff of smoke and all that was left was a young teenager that vaguely resembled the one they just saw. The time holding the jutsu had been very brief and luck was on Shun’s side – her plan had worked.

SA
Enhanced Chakra Reserves
The girl was born with the ability to pool a lot of chakra in her body but she never utilized it and thus had to rediscover the talent again later when chakra reserves and stamina proved to be her biggest flaw. It was like learning to walk again but the potential is big and Shun is steadily growing the amount of chakra she can store in her body.

Tag:

Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 15, 2020 1:06:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]

"A part of a plan, huh? Well, that’s better than nothing.”

Kazui would say softly as she kept her eyes ahead, keeping up with the student stride for stride. Having a piece of a puzzle was better than having nothing at all. The Uchiha has ways of taking him down which more or less relied on force, but this wasn’t something she wanted to get her hands dirty with. Instead, she wanted to see Shun’s shinobi prowess and her ability to deal with certain situations.

"One plan often leads to another, so go for it, I’ll be watching.”

She would say before coming to a complete stop right outside the crowd, letting Shun take full reigns of the situation at hand. This was the girl’s chance to showcase what she had been learning in the academy, so Kazui would take to the rooftops, following along just to make sure things didn’t get out of hand.

Dark hues scanned the crowd quickly looking at each face that could’ve been Shun. She had lost the girl for a brief moment but managed to find her as she had stopped in the middle of the group, a small circle of space given to her by the bystanders. ‘What do you have planned, Shun?’ Kazui would say to herself in her mind as she watched the girl weave a few hand seals. ‘Transformation, huh?’ The thought came to her mind as she watched the student transform into an older version of herself. A grin grew on the Uchiha’s lips as she knew exactly what the girl was aiming for. Authority.

Continuing along, Kazui would keep her eyes trained on the younger girl as another set of hand seals were formed. The Clone technique. 6 clones would be present, and it left the Uchiha in awe for a brief moment as she reminisced on her days during the academy. Creating a single clone was nearly impossible for her, yet here was a girl much younger than her, creating six with relative ease.

A bit of jealousy grew in Kazui’s heart, yet at the same time the girl would smile. It was a smile that told the world that the girl was both happy and sad, but more so than that, she was proud. A sigh escaped the girl’s breath as she followed along on the rooftops. Kazui wasn’t able to hear what Shun was saying, but based on the reaction of the crowd, she could tell that the girl was barking out orders. It of course worked, and before the thief was able to get any further, a group of men would cut him off and began to restrain him. ‘Got him.’ Kazui would think to herself. Now she had to get down there to congratulate her.

By the time Shun would reach the thief and the group that were holding him down, Kazui would be there standing alongside them with her arms folded across one another.

"I..I-I’m sorry! Please let me go! I just needed money for food! I have a family!”

The man exclaimed as he lied there on the ground. Kazui would approach the man and kneel down in front of him, taking a good look at his face.

"Hmm.”

The girl would hum briefly as she continued to inspect the man. Placing her face into her palm, another sigh would escape her lungs as she shook her head slightly from side to side. People could be stupid at times.

"There’s no reason to lie, you’re just making things worse for yourself. I saw you leaving the Drunk Monkey tavern as I was ending my shift. You left Yusuke-Sensei a decent tip, if you truly needed the money.... You wouldn’t have given a tip...nor would you be wearing such expensive clothing.”

The girl would shrug before standing back up to her height and turning to face Shun. A slight smile on her face as she offered her hand for a high five.

"Good job. Your ‘part of a plan’ actually worked.”

Kazui would say jokingly. Although it was a good plan, Kazui herself wouldn’t have relied on outsiders of the situation to step in. More often than not they found themselves becoming victims of some kind. Nevertheless, she was excited to see that the girl was well on her way to becoming a genin.

has written 0 posts
Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 17, 2020 15:58:45 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
V - VI

-  t h e  t a l e  o f  -

Shun was amazed by Kazui’s deductive power. It was only in a moment that she realized the older shinobi had seen the man before. At first she thought the Uchiha was doing some kind of educated guessing magic that some were capable of.

”Ah, I see! She saw him! … Kazui works at a tavern? Is that allowed?” The Nara pondered about the age appropriate to work at such a place but figured it must be ok. After that, the dark haired Uchiha offered a high five and Shun gazed up at the raised palm. A smile bloomed on her face instantly and she accepted the offer with her palm tapping the girl’s.

”You bet it was a good job, haha!” The raven haired student tried to gloat a little. Never in her life had she done something like it before.

Shun was certainly earning a lot of surprise as she showed to be just a little girl. The men who had captured the thug thief were even taken aback for a little moment. Some jaws were dropping and whispers could be heard around. It appeared that people, no matter how much they were aware of living in a shinobi village, were still not used to seeing techniques in action.

”Haha, thanks!” The young Nara teen grinned widely and reached up with one of her hands to pat herself on the shoulder. ”Lucky, lucky…” She was very thankful that people had went along with her plan. It showed that confidence was key if there was anything to learn from the day.

”I didn’t know you worked at a tavern. What’s that like?” grey hues peered at the genin and her voice was full of curiosity. The girl clasped her hands together behind her and waited for some sort of an answer. It also appeared that Shun was over the "save the day” vibe – as if, to her, it was just something everyone should have done.

”Oh, that’s right!” Something occurred to the girl and she would speak up while looking around: ”The lady! I wonder if she followed up. It’d be nice to get her bag back to her before it gets taken to some storage to be held…” she trailed off in thought for a moment while carefully scanning the environment. Certainly! She could see that the woman and her companion had also made the turn to the street they were on – just a bit further away.

The raven haired Nara put her palm at the side of her mouth after turning in the direction of the woman and used her other arm to wave in big motions. The people were moving on and she could somewhat see the woman constantly. ”OOOOOOIIIIII! MISS! YOUR BAG IS SAFE!”

After the woman would spot the girl and hurry over, the Nara would turn to Kazui again.

”Me and dad had this talk once. He taught me that we can never know of the worth of other’s possessions. What if everything dear or something really important was in that bag for that woman? I guess… I guess that’s why I really, really wanted to help.” she explained with a shrug while the woman was reunited with her bag by the people.

Tag:
Shun: 496b36

Saving a dumpling [Kazui]May 29, 2020 7:37:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monbody"]

The high five that Shun had given Kazui put a thin smile on the girl’s face. It was good to see that the girl had so much confidence in her abilities and was brave enough to step into the scenario knowing that things could have gone bad. They two of them shared their similarities, yet at the same time they were two different worlds. Day and night. Nevertheless, Kazui was well impressed by her tenacity.

"Indeed.”

She voiced softly behind a soft chuckle. A few short moments passed before the shinobi police force arrived onto the scene. They were all Uchiha, striking similarities would be shared between the young Uchiha and the others in their features. When they arrived however everything was tense. There was no praise to the genin, nor the academy student who helped take him down. There were no smiles and cheers for anyone for that matter. Nonetheless, Kazui would watch on as they yanked the man from the ground and began to carry, or more so, drag the man away from the scene.

"Sheesh.”

The young girl would retort as she placed a hand softly behind her head and sighed a breath of defeat. Her clan was always so serious, regardless of the scenario. Still, Kazui’s attention would return to Shun as she asked her about the tavern and how it was working there. A slight shrug of her shoulders would be her first answer before she decided to give a few more details.

"Eh, well.. It’s good I guess. It gives me extra ryo to have in my pocket. It was only supposed to be a short term job so that I could buy a gift for my mama and my teacher but….yeah.”

Explaining as she fidgeted with the pouch strapped to the side of her leg. That was pretty much it. She doubted Yusuke-Sensei would allow her to leave at this point. Still, it wasn’t a bad job to have and it was pretty easy to her. What also made it enjoyable was the fact that she had friends working there as well.

There was something that they were forgetting, but Shun quickly caught on. Shouting across the way, the Nara would wave and draw the attention of the lady whose bag was stolen, returning it to her promptly. A look of sincerity grew on Kazui’s features as she listens to Shun explain the conversation she and her father shared, and for a moment the Uchiha’s mind wandered endlessly on the thoughts of her own father. The two really were like Day and Night. Nevertheless, the faint smile would return to Kazui’s lips as she gently patted Shun on the back.

"You did good. I’m sure when he hears of this, he’ll be very proud.”

Kazui would force herself to say. There was no guarantee of anything, but based on what Shun had told her, it was safe to assume he was a loving father.

has written 0 posts