compose a reply
Reach One, Teach One [Fui]May 16, 2020 21:23:16 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you

Another day, another hospital full of people that needed to be attended to. Shikajin had found himself dedicating more time than usual to his medical duties lately which usually came in the form of more shifts at the hospital. The beginning of the warmer months always brought with it a ton of appointments as people wanted to get their check ups in and that meant longer hours for all the hospital staff. Normally that would be annoying on its own but the powers at be decided to add the extra fun factor of adding a shadow to follow the Nara around while he did his rounds.

It wasn't the biggest deal in the world but having to explain what he was doing to a younger medic was going to slow down his progress and his already long day was only going to get longer. Alas, it was the responsibility of those who had the knowledge to pass it down to the next generations so they could be useful, and a competent medic was one of the few things that brought a smile to the chunin's face... whenever he did smile. Perhaps it would have been too much to ask for it to count as a mission for him, but there was little doubt his tutelage would go unnoticed.

Shikajin would find himself looking over various charts a few feet away from the nurses station. He had never been one to make small talk with a majority of the staff and focused most of his efforts on taking care of the patients. He hoped that the young medic would show up soon so they could begin rounds as there was a very full and varied docket of people that required their help and being in the hospital longer than he had to was not something the Nara wanted any parts of.
 @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
Reach One, Teach One [Fui]May 16, 2020 23:11:35 GMT -5
Michiya Fui
Michiya Fui Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank Genin occupation
The first day as a medic would begin a long journey. A journey in opening up various paths coming at her front door. Paths lead to unknown outcomes. These paths require the right mindset to explore. There isn’t a thing for her to worry about, and if she stumbles upon the wrong path. There would be someone by her side to correct her mistakes. Her first day began the moment she planted her feet into the clinic. Looking around and examining the area in front of her. Michiya felt a sense of enthusiasm as days like these would require all hands on deck. Her eyes could see the need of extra hands. They welcomed the young ones who wishes to provide the clinic the necessary help. Michiya lit up with delight before snapping herself out of her own excitement. She needed to meet someone, and once her mind began to register who she was supposed to meet. Michiya moved through the halls, and there he is. Standing near the nurses station, and the moment she spotted him a few feet away. Michiya engaged in small prep talk with her soon to be senior. Her mouth began to move and her arms swinging back and forth to the beat of her drum.

"Sorry if I keptcha waiting. I almost got lost, but thanks to some guy. I managed to track you down!”Michiya revealed her smile, followed by a light giggle. Her canine teeth could be easily detectable at the distance they were in. Michiya approached him closer at arms length. "The names Michiya Fui, but you can call me michi” Her voice held a sense of causality and a eagerness to herself on board. "I’m excited to learn a few things about being a medical ninja, but im also interested in getting to know a little about you too.” Once his image had been captured by her own eyes. She would be able to remember him from now on. Or at least attempt to remember him. In her eyes he didn’t look like the kind of guy who would stand out. Perhaps she would get too absorbed by the thought of learning new ways to help people, but most importantly. Figure out a way to help her sun shine bright once more. Michiya felt ready to go through the hurdles and heinous obstacles in order to discover her own destiny as a shinobi. For now she would need the right guidance if she wishes to find a place in the world.
last edit by Michiya Fui on May 16, 2020 23:16:17 GMT -5
Mikasa has written 4 posts
Reach One, Teach One [Fui]May 17, 2020 19:35:19 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Flipping through the seemingly endless pages of patient files had a way of making one lose track of time so Shikajin honestly didn't know how long he had been waiting when he finally heard the voice of the one who was going to be shadowing him. Dark hues tore themselves from the pages to the very toothy smile Fui was giving him and he wondered for a moment if the girl had any relation to the Inuzuka clan, though nothing in her name seemed to give that away. The chunin was thankful he hadn't gone into dentistry as he was sure he'd lose a finger or two dealing with those enlarged incisors. Well, that was enough joke time.

She was full of enthusiasm, that much was clear, and eager to learn about the medical field and... the Nara as well. Why were all the kids in this village so weird? No matter, a positive and open attitude towards learning was a good foundation to start on so perhaps things wouldn't be as slow as the Nara feared. "Alright then, Michi. My name's Shikajin and today you'll be coming with me as I do rounds in the clinic. There's a bunch of people with all sorts of stuff wrong with them so let's not waste any time." The chunin would speak as he motioned for the girl to follow him down the hall towards the clinic rooms.

After a bit of walking the Nara would stop in front of the first room and turn towards the genin. "So while it's our main goal to help people get better, it's hard to do that without knowing what's wrong with them first, so it's important that we ask enough questions to put together proper diagnoses." He'd give Michi a few moments to take in his words before opening the door, on the inside a middle aged man sniffling and sneezing. "Are you guys the doctors? She looks a little young..." The man inquired between sniffles.

"Michi is one of our newest medics and she'll be helping me out today, if that's ok with you?" Shikajin would reply to the man in a dull tone, dark hues staring straight into the patients soul as he replied with a nod. "Good. So the nurses told me you're dealing with sneezing, and a pretty bad cough. Any aches? Fever? Trouble breathing?" The medic would ask looking to get more info. "Um.. yeah, I've had an off and on fever the last couple of days, and aside from my nose I can breathe fine." The man would reply.

The patients symptoms seemed consistent with that of the common cold and as there were no breathing problems reported it didn't seem like any kind of respiratory infection which was always good. "Alright Michi, what do you think is ailing our patient today?" Shikajin would ask the girl. He hoped she had been paying attention during the back and forth and though it may have been her first time diagnosing a patient it shouldn't have been too hard.

Reach One, Teach One [Fui]May 19, 2020 8:57:27 GMT -5
Michiya Fui
Michiya Fui Avatar
groupnull
Onward to start saving lives, at first the young genin had been consumed by her thoughts. She had assumed if there were to be a type of process required in order to be a certified medic. "Straightforward and on to the point--I like it" There were no extra steps involved or dumping a ton of useless information on her. Shikajin gave a short and sweet rundown on things, but not too much to the point she would feel uninterested in a job. All it took was a brief introduction, and within the given moment. Michiya could get a sweet taste of how to save people. She was only taught about the kinds of medicine used to treat people with minor illnesses. The task she would be handed down to her, will be easy on her part. The man as he described it, sounds like he needed the right medicine and he would feel as good as new. Shikajin spoke to him as a well mannered guy who gave off an impression that he'd been a medic for quite some time. Michiya had been given the chance to identify his illness and what to give them. "ummm..." her head tilted and her eyes face the ceiling. She didn't want to dissapoint him on her first day, as she is expected to know the right medicine that can cure him.

It was just at that moment when her eyes sparked with an idea. Michiya turned her head towards Shikajin to give him the answer. "All the guy needs is some cold medicine and a good days rest, and he should be good as new. " Her cheerful disposition made it sound like she was right on the money. "there isn't a thing on this land that i don't know about, for i am an inspiring medic" She boasted. She hadn't hesitated for a second to spring about what she desires to do as a medic. She held an exxagerated statement in regards to knowing everything about minor medicine to cure such trivial problems as this. 

Michiya had the confidence of a well trained medic, despite being a newblood in his eyes. If she were to get the answer wrong, the young genin would only need to shrug it off. It's not like her brain was built to remember every specific type of medicine one could find throughout konoha. There are some exotic plants and myths about achieving longevity if you know where to find them, but that's all she ever knew. Medicine provides unique effects in the world, which is why Michiya holds an interest in being a medic. She would like to find unique and ultra rare plants. Those are one of her goals. "did i get that right?" She stared deeply into his eyes awaiting for Shikajins confirmation.
Reach One, Teach One [Fui]May 20, 2020 18:22:39 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin would watch as the girl took a few moments to come up with a diagnosis. His intention wasn't to trick Michi but sometimes things were so simple and straightforward that one had a tendency to overthink, it was one of the reasons he had given the young medic an opportunity to figure out what was wrong with the patient: to see if she would fold under the weight of simplicity; the other to give her some confidence in correctly diagnosing a patient which in some cases meant life or death.

Thankfully, Michi would be able to determine that all the man was suffering from was the common cold and all he needed was a bit of medicine and some rest then he'd be back to top form. It took all the medic's might to not roll his eyes at the second comment but it was to be expected from a bright eyed and eager kid so Shikajin wouldn't fault her too much. "Correct, good job." The chunin would reply with a nod before pulling out a prescription pad from his pocket and jotting down a few words, his attention then turning to the patient.

"Take this to the nurses station and they'll get your prescription filled. That plus a few days of rest will have you feeling better." Shikajin would speak to the man as he handed him the piece of paper. The patient would give a small bow of the head as thanks before exiting the room. "Good job on that one but let's try to keep the over confidence in check going forward." A suggestion, but hopefully one the girl would heed.

"Let's go see the next patient." The Nara would speak before beginning to make his way out of the room. As the two entered the next room they'd be greeted with the sight of a young boy and his mother, the expression on the former a pained one and a quick once over would reveal the culprit in the form of a very swollen ankle. "Well I think we've found the problem area. If you don't mind, tell us what happened." Shikajin would ask. "I was playing catch with my friends and I tripped on a rock. Am.. Am I gonna be able to play catch again?" The kid would ask between sniffles.

"Hmm, well let's see what I think our newest medic Michi, thinks." The chunin replied as he turned to the young girl. "Do you think our friend here will be able to play catch again?" The Nara asked as he allowed the girl to take the reigns on this particular case. He hoped that she would take some time to examine the boys ankle to look for any severe ligament damage though if she did it would simply turn out to be a mild sprain.
@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Reach One, Teach One [Fui]May 27, 2020 19:40:21 GMT -5
Michiya Fui
Michiya Fui Avatar
groupnull
Bullet with a name on it
A smile of delight perked up in a way that protruded her face as the answer became the right one. The process of finding out the reason for the mans minor illness hadn’t require a lot of brain power. Michiya had previously dealt with someone’s sickness in a distant past. The sickness wasn’t anything serious, but if it had the potential to be something severe. There would be no telling what sort of damage his body would’ve suffered. Though, it was thanks to his mother that she became able in knowing and finding a way to solve his troublesome illness. A strange feeling crawled down the spinal cord, is if something cold made contact to the skin. Something told Michiya identifying the next few illnesses will become more of an adventure. A need of adjustments started to become an idea. To keep herself from getting too excited from what her brain can shoot out anything in a small timeframe. In the meantime, she wanted to enjoy the moment of experiencing the challenges as to what it means to be a medic.

Once the short celebration is over with, Michiya trailed behind her senior; Shikajin into the next room. As the pair stepped Inside, what came about the room happens to be a small boy. Right alongside the boy is the mother. Something tells her that this might be another minor scenario, but awaits for further briefing about his problem. Michiya took a brief moment by sizing him up. She managed to come to a conclusion that, there’s a small difference between them in hight. A small detail she noticed, but pushed it to the side before being pushed to identifying an injury. "So quick in putting the spotlight on me” a slight laugh followed by a small "hmm” as she locked her eyes onto the boys entire frame. It took her a brief moment for the sharpness of her yellow eyes to fill out the details of the boys injury. After gathering info on his body, Her mind came to a conclusion.

"Make sure you limit your movement, and if possible--” Michiya's attention shifted to the boys mother. "Get plenty of rest, so in the meantime. A small ice pack will numb down the pain” Her face brightened with a sharp smile, and her feline like eyes had gazed upon the sight of the pair. "Was that it? Her head turned to face Shikajin in an attempt to ask for clarification.
PINN

last edit by Michiya Fui on May 27, 2020 19:41:43 GMT -5
Reach One, Teach One [Fui]Jun 6, 2020 9:27:35 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin would watch as the young medic performed her examination on the kid, dark hues looking to see how she handled an injured part of the body. Chances were it wasn't more than a sprained ankle but even so applying too much pressure or turning it a bit too harshly in the wrong direction wouldn't help. It was important to have balance when trying to find a diagnosis. Medics needed to be thorough but couldn't just go around man handling patients out of fear of causing more damage than the patient had initially walked in with. Sometimes that was easier said than done and some procedures were not the prettiest or pain free, in those situations it was necessary to communicate what all was going to happen with the patient.

The boy didn't seem to be in any additional pain from Fui's exam and to be honest it looked like he was more concerned about whether he would be able to go play with his friends again more than the sprained ankle. Kids were very resilient and usually bounced back in no time. Hell, they wouldn't even cry unless someone made a scene about it which was the strangest thing but that was a study for another day. After a few minutes the young medic would give her thoughts on the situation, or rather, how to best go about healing it. She had kind of missed the actual diagnosis but with such a lax recovery method it was clear that the injury wasn't on the serious end.

"That sounds about right for a sprained ankle. Just stay off of it for a few days and keep an ice pack handy." Shikajin would add with a nod. The boy would nod through sniffles of joy and he and his mother would exit the room after giving a small thank you. "So how are you feeling about your first two patients? Too easy? Too hard?" The Nara would inquire as he turned to face the young medic. It was easy for experienced medics to run through patients like a hot knife through butter without really taking a moment to slow down and go over things, and though the first two patients weren't all that difficult everyone moved at a difference pace and he wanted to check in with the girl to see how she was feeling about all of it.