age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Inside of a gym within the rocky lands of Tsuchi no Kuni, Taki can be seen with a man in the ring throwing a series of punches at her partner using a pair of sparring gloves her palms and elbows smashing against the cushy padding, the young girl having sweat beading down her head and sliding down her chin, a swift grunt let out with each strike.
"Psch!” "Psch!” "Psch!” would go her voice as small whispers left out of her mouth and her strikes landed on the bag. "There ya go Taki! C’mon girl! Harder! Harder!” cried a woman who stood beside the ring leaning into the with her head just beneath the bottom rope. After a moment the man holding the sparring gloves would begin throwing punches himself and the young blonde girl would be able to duck underneath the strikes. And then come back with a few counters of her own.

This is Taki "Bakudan” Okada. The heir to the Okada family clan and future promoter and wrestling super star. She’s been training for the longest time and is on the precipice of making her in-ring debut. The woman sitting beside her is her aunt and trainer Riku Okada her aunt by marriage. The man sparring with her is her father. Kodi "Blackstar.” Okada, former wrestler and current promoter of the OWA or the Okada wrestling alliance. "Look at you, super star 13 years old and already on top of the Junior Wrasslin division I’m so proud of you.” after the training was done.

Taki panted the sparring routine having worn her out.
"They don’t call me the bombshell for nothing!” Her aunt raises a finger and smiles. "It’s a good little nickname for ya! I’m sure the people’ll be chantin’ it soon enough.” Her father then puts her hand on her daughters shoulder. "Good work, your strikes have some real power if this was a shoot I’d be down for the count.” Taki looked up to her dad. "So we done already? Or are we doing grapples next?”

As they continue talking a woman with a ponytail enters into the room wearing a black suit and heels. "Daughter, its time for your meeting promoting your title match.” this is Taki’s mother, also known as her agent/manager Jisa Okada.
"Well looks like it’s time to give em a show.” Taki says.

OOC & NOTES

NOTES: Any?
TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

Techniques and such can go here~

Meep has written 1,707 posts
From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 11:31:37 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

A few moments later, Taki can be seen in her locker room inside of the gym, getting herself dressed. Slipping into a leotard a leather jacket, and then applying make-up, red lipstick, dark eye shadow and dark marks underneath her eyes. And finally her cap, transforming her Taki Okada to her wrestler persona, "Bakudan.” the last thing she does is put on a pair of shades she then looks to her reflection in the mirror. And gives herself a smirk. After a moment a banging can be heard on a door.

"Bakudan, we’re ready for you.” After a moment she exits out of the locker room and is swarmed by a bevy of press, her mother and manager walking beside her with her father and her aunt beside her. "Bakudan! What can we expect from you in your debut match, at the Kuwana-dome!” calls out a member of the paparazzi.
"How bout you buy a damn ticket and find out for yourself.” she’d say. "Bakudan! With your recent actions on your way out of the junior division how do you feel about the recent fan backlash.” she’d simply wave the pressman off. "You think I care, what a bunch of fans think? Piss off.” she’d say shrugging them off.

Bakudan and Taki were not one and the same, Taki was a hard working family woman who trained hard and loved her family, but Bakudan was something more, a brash callous, and selfish person who was willing to do anything to accomplish her goals. Things like fan support, friends and allies were meaningless to Bakudan and she wanted to make sure they knew it.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 11:36:51 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

As they continued walking being swarmed by paparazzi as they headed into the press conference room camera flashes began to glare as Bakudan walked into the room keeping her hands at her sides, keeping a calm but cold demeanor across her face. As she took her seat behind her the stage was set, she saw with microphones in front of her and her mother sat by her side the glare of the lights reflecting off of their glasses. Taki sat at the table with her feet up and looked as if she couldn’t be bothered. She then looked to her manager. "You know what to do...talk to em.” she’d say limply waving a hand to her manager.

"My client will now be taking questions, but be careful what you asks. I can't garuntee her responses will be 100% corteous.” Suddenly a cacophony of voices begin to clamor over one another as the paparazzi begin to ask a bevy of questions. Bakudan’s manager would point to one of the members of the press and a hush would come over the room as they asked their question. "Bakudan, with your recent string of victories as well as your upcoming title fight for the Junior Division championship, how do you feel this wave of momentum will effect you going into your match.”

Bakudan looks to her manager and they both smirk to each other.
"Mr. Press secretary if I were you, I’d say that her momentum isn’t what matters; she's run through all of the competition flawlessly, dismantling each one and if you were smart you’d notice a common theme. My client is a monster she shows no mercy to a single one of her adversaries leaving each one a broken body when the matches were said and done.” Taki turns about and puts her hand in her managers face, who looks rather uneasy. Bakudan looks to her manager with a look of disgust. "I knew I shouldn’t have let you answer my damn questions.”

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 11:46:25 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

She’d then talk into the microphone. "Look! All you need to know is this, look at what I’ve done to everyone who’s gotten in my way so far, Miss Matsumoto, dominated, Lady Aya, Dominated. Mistsuki, dominated and this Sunday, Kogo Kage is going to get the worst of it. She’d look into the camera, and if you think that what I did to them was something to worry about there won’t be a doctor on the planet that will fix what I do to you. I will make you into a medical mystery, I will make you into patient zero, I will deliver to you an ass kicking so indescribable, that the one word you will be able to say by the time your done-- No, the only word that will be in the back of your mind by the time this is all said and done is "why?” she ends her words with an intensity that was impactful but also very quiet.

Her intent was to mock her opponents for making the foolish decision to challenge her. she then passes the microphone back to her manager planting the microphone into her chest with a blunt slap. "Go on Miss Okada, say something stupid.” Miss Okada seems a bit frazzled by Bakudan’s actions. "N-next question.” she’d say trying to regain some of her composure. Readjusting her hair and fixing her glasses.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 11:58:58 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

The press would clamor once again but then simmer down once more as the next question was asked.
"Bakudan, what do you say to those who say that your recent actions are considered reprehensible or disingenuous.” Miss Okada prepares to answer but Bakudan takes the microphone out of her manager's hand. "Gimme that, you’re a goddamn disgrace.” she’d then look to the member of the press and then she’d let out a stifled chuckle before slipping the microphone to her lips.

"Oh you wanna know what I think?” she’d say with a mocking tone. "You wanna know what I think!?” she’d repeat. "I think, if they wanna criticize the way I handle myself in the ring they can step in there and see if they have what it takes to exactly what I do day in and day out. I dominated the Jr. Women’s division for a reason cause I played by my own rules and that’s how it’s gonna stay.” She’d toss the microphone on the floor. "No more fucking questions.” she’d say as she’d get up out of her seat and began to walk off. But suddenly a voice over an intercom could be heard.

"Ho,Ho,Ho,Ho, leaving so soon?”
Bakudan would turn her head. "Who said that! Who the hell just said that!” she’d say. Her manager would look to her, trying to calm her down. "Bakudan, please…” In the crowd there’s an audible gasp as they let her pass through.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 12:03:36 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Before her is a woman in a red and white kimono with elegant arrangement stitched across it. Her hair is long and her face is painted pale white like a ghost, along with the rest of her skin, her eyes holding a green eye shadow and her lips a soft shade of red. Across her shoulder is a large belt with a massive gold centerpiece and white accents around it’s edges giving it a very intense and prestigious look to it. Bakudan’s eyes went to the title and she barely broke her gaze just to meet the eyes of her adversary. "Kogo Kage…” she’d say, snarling at her adversary.

Her gaze was angry and feverish. She looked to her foe as if she wanted to tear her head clean off of her body, the level of indignation Bakudan felt was indescribable, perhaps it was these hard to describe emotions that would lead to beat-down she had promised to deliver earlier. Kogo Kage looked to Bakudan with a patronizing look as if she wasn’t worth her time. Her arms were crossed as she eyed her opponent. Her body language exuding confidence and the charisma of a true champion. As the two stared each other down there wasn't a single word. As the promoter got in between the two and the press snapped a series of photographs capturing the moment. The match was set, Bakudan vs "Kogo Kage.” a marquee match for the ages.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 12:09:56 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

As the match card was made Taki could be seen walking through the streets and stopping to admire the sign. "Taki "Bakudan” Okada vs Saya "Kogo” Kage.” as she headed to the arena to train she entered inside and saw her uncle preparing to leave with a bag over his shoulder dressed in Iwagakure shinobi garb.
"Hey Unc, where you going?” he’d lean down to level with his niece. "Welp...unfortunately I’m need for a mission out in Konoha, sorry I won’t be able to make it to your junior title match, kiddo.”

Taki seemed a bit disheartened looking to him and wanting to weep.
"But…” she’d say her face slightly on the verge of crinkling into tears. He’d then pat her head. "Hey! Don’t you cry...Bakudan doesn’t cry, gotta keep up the culture, remember.” he’d say with a calm smile to the girl. She’d then give him a hug.

"I promise I’ll be back for your first title defense okay, till then put that training to good use and give her hell!” After breaking the hug she’d watch as her uncle would leave, and then after a moment her aunt would place her arms on her shoulders. "It tears me up to see him go, I always worry he won’t make it back…” she’d then sigh. "But we can’t worry too much about that now can we, c’mon let’s get you in that ring, we’ve got grapples to practice.” She’d say as Taki would look up at her aunt who would give her a kiss on the forehead.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 12:33:48 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

After getting changed into some training gear Taki and her aunt enter into the ring, her aunt puts in front of her a training dummy. "Alright...lemme see your finisher. It’s a shining wizard kick right?” her aunt would say. "Yep.” she’d say warming herself up, pulling back and readying her legs with a few stretches. After a moment she’d stare down her target and would run in and charge the dummy and then jump into the air with her right foot and would then swing her left knee around smash it into the head of the dummy, after the strike connected.

Taki would turn herself about as she landed and would slide onto the ground skidding along her knee slightly. Afterwards she’d here a slight clap but then after a moment she’d see her aunt’s face scrunch up a tad. "I dunno it’s good, but I think it needs some work, doesn’t really scream bombshell to me, like your name implies. Why not try making your signature move? Right about now is where you really wanna get your in-ring style put together.” she’d say. "But I’ve been ending all my matches with the shining wizard, it’s kind of my thing.” she’d say leaning onto the ropes and looking down at her aunt.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 12:55:50 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

"Well...that’s why I say make it you’re signature. It still a good move it just doesn’t feel like a finisher to me. You see something more powerful flashier, something that really sells your character as the force that you’re trying to come off as.” Taki thinks about it for a moment. "Well what’d you have in mind?” she’d ask. Her Aunt would then get in the ring and would prop the dummy up in the center. "How about a combination grapple?” she’d say. "Like what, a triple suplex or something?” her aunt would run a hand through her hair. "Well that’s not a bad idea, but let’s try something a little simpler, how about a cutter?”

Take took a moment to try and think on what a cutter was or at least what it looked like. "A cutter...that’s the one where you grab the opponent by the neck and drop em on their face while landing on your back right?” Her aunt snapped her fingers and looked back at the young girl. "You got it, hon! C’mon, see if you can get one on me.” Taki nods and then charges her aunt, leaping up and grabbing her by the neck and as her body shifts over to the opposite side the weight forces her aunt to fall to the ground as Taki squeezes down on her neck.

After a moment she breaks the hold and stands up, her aunt rubs the back of her neck in the meantime. "Ooof. Careful now hon, if you squeeze to hard you’re gonna kill somebody with an Iron Grip like that you’re liable to snap someone’s neck on the way down. What’dya think?”

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 13:14:37 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki raises a hand in the air and wriggles it as if to say "it’s okay.” her aunt looks at her with a half smile. "No huh...Well let’s see what else we can do, how about a brain buster!” An eager looked crossed Taki’s face. "Now we’re talking!” The two girls then stand across from one another. "Alright let’s practice this one first okay girlie?” For the next few hours, Taki’s Aunt Riku gives her a crash course on a maneuver called a brain buster. "Okay darlin! Now what you gotta do is lift the dummy up and get a good grip on their legs and then afterwards you drop 'em down! The trick is to make it look like they're landing on their head, but be careful if you don’t watch out you might spike em right on the noggin. Try it on the dummy.”

Taki heads towards the dummy and grabs it, lifts it up and holds it there. "Okay...now grip…” Taki grips the dummy by one of it’s legs and then drops straight down. Pulling the head of the dummy straight into the canvas. "Good, good, if this were a real person he’d have spiked himself. Remember don’t grip on their head too hard darlin that’s a sure fire way to hurt somebody, and try to fold em you want em to slacken up so they can land on their backs, but make it look like they hit their heads.” Taki would look down at the dummy, "If we haven’t already killed the poor dummy.” the youth would say.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 13:23:34 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

"Got anymore?” Taki would ask. "I do! Last one is the muscle buster.” Taki seemed a bit taken aback by the suggestion to perform such a dangerous move. "Whoa, isn’t the Muscle Buster banned?” She’d look over at her niece and place a hand on her cheek. "Not if you do it right hon.” Taki looks to her cousin. "Well you’re the coach.” Her Aunt smiles. "That’s the spirit! C’mon!” She’d pick up the dummy. "This one is kinda tricky to set up, basically you’ve got to get your opponent over your head.” Taki would watch as her aunt spoke the words and then picked up the dummy and placed it over her head and then propped the head of the dummy up against her left shoulder. "After you get em up you place their weight on your shoulder, placing their neck and head right here...and then…” Her Aunt then dropped down onto the ground landing on her butt and as she hit the floor the dummy’s back exploded and the sand that kept it together broke open.

Her Aunt looked over her shoulder with a casual but worried expression. Taki herself looked mortified. "Yeah I think that’s a no on the muscle buster Auntie Riku.” her aunt gets up from her seated position. "Well, I can’t make you get a new finisher but I just feel like for your debut match you oughta have something with some oomph to it.” Riku would stand up at walk over to her niece. "But you’re a smart cookie I’m sure you’ll think of something.” Taki would look up at her aunt. "Thanks Aunt Riku.” her Aunt would then walk out of the ring. "Now go get the broom and clean up all this sand.” Taki would turn and wave her arms in disbelief. "Wait what!?” "Hey I’m not cleaning that up, get to it girl.” Taki would drop her hands at his sides and then would turn and head to do as she was told.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 13:31:50 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

A few days later

Taki would be in the ring doing her usual training with her aunt, grabbing hold of a bag and working on her headlock maneuvers, with a new and improved grapple dummy. With her aunt watching all the while. "C’mon keep at it kiddo.” She finishes off the dummy with a huge german suplex. "Nice one!” after slamming the dummy to the ground she gets up and pants a tad. "So did you think up a new finisher yet?” she’d say as she entered into the ring and handed her niece a bottle of water. "Well actually I…” suddenly the sound of the door opening could be heard and a young girl who is a bit on the tall side enters into the room. She has a hime cut and is decked out in workout gear. "Excuse me. Is this the Okada family gym?” Riku would look back and see the young girl enter the room.

"It most certainly is...who are you!” Riku said looking to the young woman seeing her very much as an outsider she’d shake her head with hostility. "Forgive me! I...am Kogo Kage, Taki-san’s opponent for her match this weekend. I was instructed to come here in order to choreograph our match.” Riku’s demeanor immediately changes going from hostile to calm. "Oh…! Well, welcome to gym, I’m Riku, head trainer!” Riku walks over to the girl and extends out her hand to be shaken, however Shiya would look to her hand a bit confused and would extend out her hand to the girl and blush.

"N-nice to meet you Riku-chan.” Riku would look down at the girl with a puzzled expression. "You okay there girl, you’re acting a little odd.” she’d say. Shiya would eventually release her hands from the grip and would then look to Taki. "I’m excited for our match this sunday. I haven’t been told the outcome yet have you?” Taki would shake her head. "Not a damn thing.” she’d say with a smile, leaning against the ropes. "Well either way, in the event that I have to drop my title, i’m glad it’ll be going to someone as worthy as you.” Taki would blush. "Hey don’t sell yourself short! You’re an amazing champion, I’m honored!” Riku would look over at the duo and shake her head.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 13:48:45 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

"Kids these days, when I was younger we’d never be caught talking like that to our opponents. Ya’ll don’t know how to keep to culture...it’s damn near dead now adays anyway.” her voice would contain a slight hint of venom. Riku was something of a wrestling purist and had grown up during the early days of the Okada promotion along side Taki’s father and felt that the mannerism of most younger talent in the current generation was rather unbecoming of performers. As she voiced her disapproval Taki would lean her body against the ropes and allow her opponent to enter the ring.

"C’mon let’s get this match worked out.” Taki would say.

"What did you have in mind?”
Saya would ask.

Taki would put a hand to her chin and tap her feet against the ground. "Well…I say we plan for both scenarios and try to make sure that both of us sell our offense and our gimmicks pretty well.” Saya would nod.

"Good idea since we don’t know the finish it’s better if we plan for either outcome.”

"Cool let’s practice some routines and see what we like.”

Saya would nod her head. For the next few hours the girls would go over a series of routines and spots that they would plan for throughout the match. The two had watched each other effectively grow up as performers so they had a pretty good grasp of how their respective characters worked. Saya was a face, a heroic and respectful fighter but was also rather confident in her abilities and wasn't afraid to show a beat of a mean streak but at the same time would only showcase this darker side to her character when confronted with a villainous persona. She was meant to be an imposing and unmoving figure who moved with speed and quickness but was also graceful and elegant.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 15:30:33 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki on the other hand played a more villainous character that went to elicit boos from the crowd and make fans hate her with her dastardly antics. Her fighting style while somewhat flashy was also very dirty and underhanded wouldn’t hesitate to resort to using underhanded tactics such as pokes to the eyes and low blows but despite was against the utilization of illegal weapons such as kendo sticks or steel chairs and would prefer to out wrestle her opponent. Her character was willing to do anything that it took to win and didn’t care what anyone else thought about her because she was good and she knew it.

But despite this the two girls had a tremendous deal of respect for each other and genuine love for their art form and wanted to do everything in their power to make sure they put on a show for the audience, but in order to do that they needed to make sure that they made each other look good in the process with no one person getting anymore of the credit despite the egos they may have developed about their characters. Too many these two were characters "Kogo.” and "Bakudan.” But to each other they were Saya and Taki and they wanted to make sure that regardless of the outcome both of them walked away looking like stars.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 15:43:35 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

As the days went by Taki would continue to train to the fullest making sure she was in the best shape she could be in working herself to the absolute bone, but today was the day and it was finally time for their match. The venue that the Okada family had owned was very small and could only fit maybe a few hundred people but they all came to see a show and the many performers of the Okada Wrestling Alliance were going to give it to them. The card that night was stacked with several matches set to go on.

However with the family wanting to promote their junior Division Taki and Saya were booked to be the second to last match on the card and were given a good allotment of time to put their match together. As the time drew near for their match to begin Taki sat with butterflies in her stomach, Saya sat beside her. "It’s your first time being so high up on the card isn’t it.” Taki nodded, her hands somewhat trembling. "Yeah…” Saya would take her hand to try and calm her down.

"Don’t be, you’ll be fine it’s just like any other match.” Saya’s words soothed Taki to a degree but she still had her nerves about her. "I was the same way, in fact mine was worse. I was in the main event.” Taki turned her head and looked to her. "How’d you deal with it?” the younger girl asked. "I got into character...I asked myself...what would Kogo do.” Taki stared at her as she spoke probably not fully getting it. "Just think, would Bakudan be afraid if she were in your shoes?” Taki thought about it for a moment looking down at the floor.

She would then slip on her glasses and look to Saya. "I’m not a goddamn coward.” she’d say speaking as her character rather than as herself.
"Then why don’t you back it up, in the ring. Bakadan.” Bakudan would stand up and kick back her chair in an effort to intimidate Saya. Saya would simply smirk and walk toward the curtain preparing herself for her entrance. "Is that all it takes to get under your skin.” she would then wink at her as a way of confirming that she’s more than ready for what is too come. Taki realizing what just happened stopped to think for a second. "No wonder she’s the champion.”

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT: