age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

As Saya prepared to head out since the last match had just finished Jisa, Taki’s mother would walk over to her. "We’re calling it on the fly, you’ve got 15 minutes out there to make it count. Watch for the referee’s count but don’t kick out of the pin unless he pauses.” Saya would nod, Jisa would then walk over to Taki and repeat the same information. After a moment music would begin to play over the cheap loud speakers and Saya would make her way out to a good round of cheers. Taki would gulp but would then head over to the curtain and smack her cheeks to psyche herself up and then get into character.

As her music began to play she would make her way out to the ring and as she left out she would be met with a cacophony of boos with items being flinged at her all the while as she made her way down the ramp. As she got to the edge of stage and approached the ring she lowered her sunglasses and looked to her opponent in the ring and then gave a cocky half smile before sliding in. After standing herself up she’d walk toward her opponent and look up at her with a condescending expression.

The tension between these two were high but given their drastic shift in character one would find it hard pressed to believe that they were both talking like old friends just a moment ago. The referee would come in between the two and push them apart. As the two settled into their respective corners the lights would go out then a spotlight would shine in the center of the ring where the announcer stood as he readied to introduce the two combatants. "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for, the Okada Wrestling Alliance Junior Division Championship! Introducing the challenger…” the announcer would wave his hand to his left and the spotlight would track towards Taki.

OOC & NOTES

NOTES: Any?
TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

Techniques and such can go here~

Meep has written 1,707 posts
From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 16:26:40 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

"She hails from the land of Tsuchi no Kuni fighting out of Iwagakure, weighing in at 122 pounds and standing 5 foot 3 inches tall. Takiiiiiiiiii "Bakudan…!” Okada!” As the announcer began his introduction, boos could be heard coming from the surrounding audience members, Taki would turn to face them and spit down at the floor to the members of the crowd. The lights would then turn out and refocuses on the announcer and then over to Saya. 

"And her opponent she is the defending, Junior Division Champion, weighing in at 126 pounds, and standing 5 feet 4 inches tall she is Saya”Kogo” Kage!"

As the lights finally turned back up Taki could be seen with a steel chair in hand and charged towards Saya before she even had a chance to stand to her feet. Saya crumbles to her feet writhing on the ground in pain, her hands clutching her back. The referee in the match sees her use of the weapon and tries to pry it from her hands, Taki using her superior strength to push the official to the ground and would then raise the weapon high in order to revel in her accomplishment only to be met with a chorus of boos.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 16:46:53 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

After pandering to the crowd and falsely blowing them a kiss she’d turn her attention to Saya who looked to be standing to her feet however just in that moment she’d charge her opponent and then lift leg and smash her knee into her opponents face with her signature shining wizard. Saya hits the mat hard landing on her stomach, her head buried in the unforgiving canvas.

The crowd now in a frenzy as the shining wizard kick is knowin to be Taki’s signature move and is usually responsible for finishing most of her matches. Taki would then grab Saya’s foot and drag her to the center of the ring, a small trail of blood coming from her face. Taki would then turn her over and then make the cover as the wounded referee makes it to his feet and begins counting, during the brief moment Taki leaned her head towards Saya. "You okay?” she’d say concerned about the blood.

"Yeah I’m fine, it’s just like we practiced.” As soon as Saya finished those words she noticed the referee was in the midst of his count and just as his foot dropped down to 3 she would kick her feet up just before the referees hand hit the canvas to end the match. Taki uncertain as to how her opponent was able to get out of such a predicament, looked to the referee and began to yell at him furious as to how that wasn't a full 3 count. But would unwisely take her eyes off of her opponent.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 21:39:02 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki then got up and placed her hands on her head in a panic but had a plan and was ready to continue. But as Taki turned about she would be met by a body slam from Saya who would quickly and suddenly lift her up and then toss her over her head slamming her into the ground knocking Taki’s hat right off of her head. The crowd would roar in approval from Saya’s clever counter and begin to chant her name.

Saya would then pose for the crowd opening out her arms and as if to thank the heavens only to bow to the crowd. After showing the crowd her respect Saya would sprint over to nearest ring post run up the turnbuckles as if doing parkour and would then kick off of the last one and perform a back flip only to extend out her arms and have her body collide with Taki’s on the ground.

The attack caused a roar of approval from the crowd a collective "Ooooh!~” from the audience as both girls winced in pain, clutching their guts as the maneuver was completed. High risk moves such as flips were a double edged sword. After landing Saya’s body would sit atop Taki’s and Saya would lift her opponents leg signaling a pin fall the referee would slide in and quickly whisper to the girls before making his count.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 21:43:36 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

"Okay girls, you’ve only got a few minutes left, wrap it up.” he’d say giving the girls the cue to make the last pin fall. As he made it down to the three count Taki would lift her legs just before the referee got to 3. The crowd would let out a loud "Oooh…!” now it was Saya who in disbelief. By now both girls had been exhausted, Saya herself seemed particularly out of sorts looking to the referee in disbelief her face paint at this point was starting to run. After a moment Saya had got up and placed her hands on the rope, using it to gain some leverage and assistance to help her stand.

The match was winding to a close and she was uncertain of what she needed to do in order to defeat her opponent. During her moment of dismay Taki would kip-up to her feet and try to charge Saya with a Lariat, Saya who saw it coming would duck underneath. Taki would continue her momentum and her body would turn her body towards the ring ropes and then rebound towards Saya.

However Saya was once again prepared and leaped into the air and would lift both feet until both of them were parallel to the ground and would kick Taki in the chest with both feet with a powerful drop kick. Both girls were now momentarily down. The referee who saw this would begin counting since both women were down if neither woman got up before the 10 count both women would be counted out thus ending the match in a draw.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 21:48:44 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Both girls started crawling towards the ropes and attempted to use them for leverage to help them stand. Saya gets to her feet first and then Taki stands up shortly afterwards both girls look to each from afar, but Taki being a hot head charges her foe but Saya being the wiser of the two would lower her body and pull down the top rope causing Taki to tumble out as she attempted to land a blow. Seeing her spill out of the ring Saya saw an opportunity the crowd began to go into a frenzy knowing that this was Saya’s moment to win all she needed to do was get her in the ring.

Saya would hurry out to the ring and toss Taki inside and then rush towards the turnbuckle to perform her signature maneuver. However as she did this Taki would get herself up to her feet and look at Saya who was poised and ready to strike from up top. As Saya leaped and performed her backflip looking as graceful as ever. Taki would watch her movements and leap into the air and grab hold of Saya’s head as she finished her rotation and slam her head into the mat with a move that seemingly came out of nowhere.

Saya laid on the ground unmoved and Taki would quickly turn her over and lift her leg to pin her. Both girls were severely exhausted and Saya’s face paint had begun to mix with the blood that was seeping from her head. But as she laid atop her she whispered into Taki’s ear. "This is your moment...enjoy it.” "1...2...3…!” went the referee the crowd roaring with boos at her victory but some members of the audience were visibly impressed with the match itself. Taki looked visibly stunned as the referee handed her the title which she cradled like it was newborn baby.

"Here is your winner and the New Junior DIvision Champion! Takiiiiii…”Bakudan…!” Okada!” Taki would stand to her feet and raise her newly won title up high however shortly afterwards the ring would be littered with cups and wads of paper and tissue along with a cacophony of boos. Taki would the signal to the referee to hand her a microphone. Taki would take it into her hands and would begin speaking. "And I didn’t even have to take off my jacket…” she’d say as she dropped the microphone onto the ground. And parade her way out of the ring and to the backroom area taunting the crowd with her title swung proudly over her shoulder.

As she made her way to the backroom she was greeted with applause by her immediate family as well as the staff and her aunt who would walk up to the girl and embrace her with a kiss on the cheek. "Good job sugar, what a match.” as the two celebrated Saya would also walk through the curtain and she too would be greeted with applause. With Taki herself giving her a brief hug as a show of respect for the match they put on.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

last edit by Taki Okada on May 26, 2020 21:50:08 GMT -5
From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 21:54:13 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

The next day, as per usual Taki makes her way to the Okada family gym for training. She enters inside and pushes in the door. "The champ is here!” she’d say in loud voice. Her Aunt would hear her come in. "Ahh there’s my little Junior Division champ, lookie here darlin you made the paper.” On a small article in the back of the Iwagakure newspaper a list of last night's matches can be seen witht heir own small section in the news paper under other events. "In other news the Junior Division title changed hands as Taki Bakudan Okada overcame the champion Saya "Kogo” Kage in a brutal bout for the title.” Riku would say nuzzling her niece.

"Oooh I am so proud of you!” She’d set the paper down. "I bet you’re daddy was in tears when he read that.” Taki looked to her aunt. "He kept praising my offense and said my selling of Saya’s attacks was excellent he has high hopes for me he says I have the potential to be a top draw once I make my professional debut.” Riku was ecstatic for her little niece but she then let out a sigh as she looked up at a photograph she kept on a bulletin board of her husband. "I wish you’re uncle could’ve been in town to see it happen.”

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 22:00:10 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Suddenly there was a banging on the door. "I’m coming.” Taki sat looking over her accomplishment and re-reading the article with the biggest smile on her face. "No!” she’d hear suddenly a shriek could be heard Taki in a panic would race to the door. "Aunt Riku are you okay!?” She’d see her aunt with her hands in her face and two Iwagakure shinobi stood at the door. "Are you the daughter of Tetsuya Nimura-Okada?” she’d look to the shinobi. "I’m his neice…” "Well, we’re sorry to tell you this but he has been reported as missing in action. During a mission to Konoha we lost contact with him. We were his squadmates and were asked to inform his spouse."

Taki felt like her heart had just been jabbed with a knife her uncle was her biggest supporter and one of her influences for becoming a wrestler and now he was just gone, missing? No that couldn’t be right. "What do you mean he went missing! Where’s my uncle!” she’d charge the shinobi and start throwing a fit. However, her aunt would grab the young girl by her arm. "Stop it Taki...Tetsuya wouldn’t want you to act like this.” Taki looked to her aunt and her spirit broke as she began to weep and embrace her aunt. "We’re sorry to have to be the ones to tell you this.” the two shinobi then departed and left the two to their emotions.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 22:05:14 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

LATER that night

During a local event several fans were in attendance but the mood backstage was very somber. "So what’s the call dad are we still doing the show?” Everyone in the family was in attendance, "Alright, listen up everyone...we have suffered a great loss tonight. Tetsuya was a very pivotal member of this family and with him being MIA I know that all of us are feeling the effects. But Tetsuya...wherever he is now. He’d want us to keep going, we’re Okada it’s what we do. And as you all know the show must go on. Tetsuya’s tough and...I’m sure...I…”

Kodi had a very hard time putting the words together, he didn’t want to appear weak in front of his family when they needed him to stay strong but Tetsuya was still his brother so it was hard for him to really keep up a complete straight face but after a sigh he would regain his composure. "Tetsuya is gonna be okay. And tonights show will be in his honor. Okada on three. 1..2..3.” "Okada!” he and the family would say.

That night the Okada family put on a spectacular show one of the best they’ve had in a while. One might be remiss to think that tragedy had struck the family just a few hours ago, but despite all of this Taki couldn’t help but think back to her aunt and how she watched her weep as the news was delivered, those words of the soldier echoed throughout her head and all she could think was "Konoha.”

Every time she’d hear the name of the people responsible for putting her family in so much grief in so much pain the word Konoha would ring in her ears. And everyday she’d head to train with her aunt she could see the zeal and optimism that was in the strong and level headed womans eyes fade. Oftentimes finding her completely zoned out or losing her composure with some of the other trainees.

She was hurting and so was her father and everyone else and she wanted to make those responsible pay for they had done to her family. And so the night before the show Taki decked out in her gear and holding the Junior Division title walked into her father’s office and delivered an astonishing piece of news.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 22:49:39 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

"Dad…” her father Kodi was buried in his work looking over match cards and looking over plans with producers. He seemed very caught up in his work. "Dad…!” she’d say. "Taki I’m busy what do you need.” Taki paused for a moment. "I’m quitting the business.” Her father stopped for a second looking to his producers and then to his daughter. "Out of my office…” he’d say to the producers of the show. After they left he looked to his daughter. "You’re doing what!?” he’d say. "I’m quitting the business just for a little while.” she'd stay somewhat hesitating she knew this was a big deal to her father. "B-but why…? You’re the face of the Junior Division a few more years and you’ll be ready for the main stage I don’t see why you could--” she'd interrupt. "I’m going after uncle…” she’d say. His father would then rub his forehead and look to his child as he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Taki I understand you’re upset about what happened to your uncle but you can’t just--”

"I’ve made up my mind dad...I haven’t made my professional debut yet and I’ve only been champ for a little while. I can just drop it back to Saya in the rematch…”

"But what are we gonna tell the fans?” he’d say looking to his daughter somewhat perturbed.

"We can have a press conference and explain why I’m retiring maybe you could write me off with an injury or something. I’ll be fine...Uncle is more important.” Her father looked as if he didn’t know what to do, Taki was the star of his Junior division and Saya was getting ready to be called up to the professional leagues soon. Kodi tried to reason with his daughter. "Taki...leaving the business for a reason other than family is--” Taki immediately cuts him off. "This is about family Dad! It’s about uncle…! Aunt Riku is a mess and I can’t stop thinking about him being in danger...I have to try and bring him back.” Her father would take a seat and sigh a heavy sigh. "Fine...I can’t stop you, you really are an Okada."

He looked to his daughter with a proud smile and took a moment to think about it. But she seemed very dead set on her convictions, he then turned in his chair. Taki looked hurt and was about to open her mouth to further her protests but then, he spoke. "Go on, we'll try to whip up a storyline or something maybe Saya can take you out with a career ending injury or something." Kodi would propose. "Actually wait I got a betta idea, what if we juss have me retire and given a promo about it, makes more sense ta me." Her father concurred he raised his writing pen in the air and thought on it."Yes, that's brilliant it'll really blur the lines of you and your character. Plus We can play it up It’ll make for a big crowd popping moment from the crowd when you eventually come back."

He turns about and looks to his daughter with a solemn look wanting to confirm his words. "You are coming back right?” he’d say with a genuine tone in his voice. "As soon as I make those Konoha scum pay and get uncle back I’ll retire and come right back here. I promise.” Kodi stands to his feet and opens out his arms. Taki runs into his arms and embraces him. "Be safe out there baby." he'd say as he embraced her, holding his daughter tightly

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

last edit by Taki Okada on May 30, 2020 14:22:59 GMT -5
From Showman to ShinobiMay 26, 2020 23:02:02 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
name

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

A few weeks later another match between Saya and Taki is scheduled to take place however rather than have the match itself Taki comes out of the curtain and her music plays as she holds her belt and has more of a solemn look about her. Once in the ring she asks for a microphone and is given one by one of the members of the ring crew:

"Now I bet many of you are wondering, why it is I'm out here tonight. And I am aware many of you are expecting a show but...I have actually come to vacate my title. As many of you may know, a few weeks ago the Okada family suffered a tragedy with the dissapearance of my uncle...Tetsuya Okada...and it beleive me...has been hard on every single one of us back dere. And it is for that reason that I am relinquishing my Jr. DIvision championship."

She pauses for a moment, there's a mumur in the crowd a series of boos.

"But make no mistake, I am not going to go home and cry! I am not going to go home and mope, and whine and complain because I am relinquishing my Jr. DIvision championship so that I can join the Iwagakure Academy and Bring my Uncle Back home!"

The crowd erupts in a series of cheers, but as they roared their approval Taki would look to her title. 

"And as for this...I will be leaving it the here and I can only hope that it ends up in the hands on another capable champion. But make no mistake, when I come back and bringing it right back where it belongs."

Taki would then set the title down and exit the ring. Hiding the tears of having to leave the one thing she loves behind.

After her emotional speech, Taki is embraced by members of her family once she heads behind the curtain, who by now have all been informed of her decision. It was a hard choice and Taki was visibly emotional for having to leave behind what she loves so much, but she knew that getting her uncle back was what needed to be done and so she prepared to leave the life of the wrestling world behind and begin anew as a shinobi.

But as she left the arena Saya entered the curtain. "Taki!” she’d look back and see Saya calling out to her. "I, just wanted to say. Good luck, these local shows won’t be the same without you. Be safe out there.” Taki looked back at Saya and smiled to her. "Thanks Saya.” Saya would look to her friend and rival with a half smile, the two would then embrace. "See ya later Saya.” Taki would say. "So long Taki…”

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

last edit by Taki Okada on May 30, 2020 13:57:17 GMT -5