The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]

compose a reply
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Jun 24, 2020 0:34:08 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

The forests of Konoha were always lively, each step that he took made him feel as if he was entering another world. If he closed his eyes amidst the sound of the breeze and the birds, he could hear the long conversations between the trees in the form of the creaking of the bark, the swaying of the canopy. He often liked to come here, to connect to the inner force of nature that was ingrained to every member of the Senju Clan. But he wasn't here for that reason, as much as he would like to sit down and meditate the reason that brought him to the forest was of another nature. A more, physical nature.

He only had to follow the rabbits, as he knew that they would gather close to her. He saw the movement of the bushels, the dashing of brown fur through the open trail, acting like beacons that guided him. He supposed that he could've had summoned his wolves to aid him in his quest. As he reached a clearing he saw the beans of light striking the crystal clear water that streamed through it. As he admired the location, he turned his sight away from the vista, looking at how a rabbit hopped on the bank of the stream and dashed through the shallow water.

"Well... these are her rabbits." He murmured before taking a step into the stream, and then another. He saw the signs of training, the saw the splintered trunks of tree and pulverized stones. All scars that were the result of fearsome strength. "Nomi-Sama?" He called, his voice being strong enough to carry over the sound of wind and forest. "Are you here?" He said as he took a knee as one of the rabbits would look at him, taking some form of interest in the newcomer. With his index finger he would pet the small animal. "Guess you wouldn't happy to know where she is, would you?"

-tag-

@tag

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,160 posts
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Jul 4, 2020 21:21:39 GMT -5
Utsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Utsuki Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday rank occupation
[newclass=.ayab-container]--be-accent: #b1cc88;[/newclass]

[nospaces]
[googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400i|Roboto:400,700|Vollkorn:400,400i]
[attr="class","ayab-border"]
[attr="class","ayab-container"]
[attr="class","ayab-header"]
[attr="class","ayab-icon"]

[attr="class","ayab-lyrics-hov"]
[attr="class","ayab-lyrics"]be as you've always been

[attr="class","ayab-tagged"]for

[attr="class","ayab-body"]
[attr="class","ayab-shape"]

[attr="class","ayab-text"]
The small rabbit sat up on its hind legs to look up, up, up at the tall human who had made his way into the woods. It's little nose twitched as it scented the man, never taking it's brown eyes off of him. Whatever the Senju smelled like, it must have satisfied the bunny, because it gave a bob of its head and a happy grunt before turning around and hopping further into the grove.[break][break]

If Kazuto followed the rabbit, after a short journey, it would lead him into a sun-dappled clearing. As they duo approached, the sound of humming would begin to grow louder and louder. A breeze ran through the tall grass of the clearing, causing it to ripple, and the bunny dove into the green waves to make its way towards a large boulder formation at the center.[break][break]

Sitting atop the rocks, basking in the sunlight was the Utsuki that Kazuto had been searching for. Nomi's eyes were closed, and she was humming some nonsense melody, but her ears were turning back and forth like a radar, ever vigilant. The moment Kazuto entered the clearing, her red eyes opened and settled on the Senju. She gave a small smile towards him, stretching her limbs as she straightened up, song coming to an end. The guide rabbit popped out of the grass and clambered up onto the rocks, hopping over to the Utsuki and flopping down against her side.[break][break]

Nomi perched on the edge of the rock, shoeless feet dangling over the side. "Kazuto-san," she said in her soft, honeyed voice. "What brings you to this part of the woods?"

[attr="class","ayab-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 422px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 400px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 350px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged] opacity: 0; transition: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-body] display: table-cell; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text i] color: #aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:400px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit a] font:700 7px/7px roboto;[/newclass]
last edit by Utsuki on Jul 4, 2020 21:26:07 GMT -5
apalooka has written 15 posts
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Jul 7, 2020 10:45:58 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto turned his head as the melody that was the voice of the Rabbit Princess that fallowed the soft humming she made. He saw the soft smile even from the distance as he wondered how he could have missed her. It almost felt like a sin to ask her, to disrupt her time of calm and tranquility to help him to achieve what he had decided on. But that part of him that sought relentless improvement was stronger now, more resolute and quieting his doubts he would speak. "I apologize for disrupting your time of leisure. I understand you're a busy woman." He began, understanding that her charges as one of the academy instructors was a hard one, dealing with children could not be easy at all.

"What I seek here is your guidance and teaching." The Senju would continue, speaking truthfully about his intentions before he decided to embellish his words even further. "I see to improve my reflexes and reactions, to avoid damage before it comes. As one of the finest Taijutsu users within the village, I can't think of a better instructor." He said as he would stand quietly in the clearing with only the chirping of the birds cutting in the silence.

As he looked at the woman, the leporidae features standing out to him as they more often than not did, he wondered what went behind her red eyes. Reading people was usually something that he and his ANBU did, but for some reason he wasn't able to read through the tranquil features of the woman and for a second that seemed to stretch into eternity he wondered if she would reject his request. It would be understandable after all, what she did with her own personal time was her own choice and he ought to to respect his decision. "If... You have the time that is, Nomi-sama." He added, breaking in the silence before she would have the chance to speak.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Jul 28, 2020 0:13:12 GMT -5
Utsuki
Utsuki Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

Nomi watched as the younger jounin came into her clearing, the few rabbits sitting in the tall grass scampering away from his feet. Her red eyes took in all of him, studying the way he moved and all the little details. Kazuto kept his distance from her, not out of revulsion, but out of respect. The corner of her mouth quirked up at his behavior. She expected the behavior, as one of his position it was natural for the Senju to carry himself with grace and poise.[break][break]

And so courteous when asking for a simple favor.[break][break]

The polite tone of his request caught her off guard. Perhaps it was because she was used to the brash nature of a majority of her students, but she wasn't used to people taking her free time into consideration when asking for training. It was such a change for her, that she couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up, resulting in her trademark giggle-snort filling the clearing. The Utsuki covered her mouth with a hand, trying to stifle the chuckles, waving her other hand at Kazuto, wordlessly asking him to pardon her outburst.[break][break]

Once she regained her composure, Nomi grace Kazuto with a bright, calming smile. "You're too kind, Kazuto-san" she pushed off from the rock formation, displacing the rabbit who had leaned against her, and alighted to the ground. Standing at her full height, she placed a hand against her hip. "I'm sure there are several others who would live up to your expectations. But I would be honored to help you train."[break][break]

She thumped her large foot against the ground and the rabbits that were loitering around the clearing perked up and began hopping away from the two jounin. "Would here suit you? Or would you prefer a formal training ground?" she would ask once they were alone.

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 422px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 400px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 350px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:400px;[/newclass]
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Jul 28, 2020 16:01:07 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The Senju had prepared himself for either a gracious acceptance or an equal gracious rebuke. But when he heard snorting-laughter that came from such a regal, composed woman he could do little else but to blink and find himself at a loss. Nomi had seemed to him serious, detached sometimes. But truly when the laughter died and she managed to composed herself and the melodic voice of the Utsuki returned the shattered image that he had about her recomposed as the laporidae woman spoke with her gentle tone and almost melodic voice. As the rabbits around the scampered away and she agreed to train him. Smiling despite himself he would shake his head at her request.

"Here is fine." He thought, better be a place that was far away so they would not be interrupted or someone decided to take a look at why were two of the village's Jonin here, fighting nonetheless. And also he would prefer if there wasn't anyone to get in the way or get hurt. Specially since he wasn't exactly sure how strong and fast Nomi was, if he took any indication from her body, then her main striking power would be in her legs, but he would be a fool to discard her ability to transition the momentum from her legs into her arms and punch anything into rubble.

"Before we begin." The Senju started, looking at the woman. "I want to improve my reflexes in close quarters.... To that end I want you to attack me with your taijutsu" The idea sounded outright laughable, contending with a taijutsu master in close quarters, he was good, proficient even. He could strike with enough strength to push rubble but he wasn't sure that his abilities would even be close to rival hers. "I will dodge, therefore building muscle memory and training my reflexes until it becomes a second nature."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Aug 9, 2020 22:30:13 GMT -5
Utsuki
Utsuki Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

It was one of the easier requests she had asked of her. Helping another hone their reflexes would be quite easy for her, and it would also allow her to work on perfecting her own skills as well. She nodded, her bright smile fading into just a hint of a grin as she adopted a more neutral expression. "Very well, as long as you don't expect me to pull my punches, I'd be happy to spar for a while."[break][break]

The use of taijutsu would put the Lady Utsuki at a generous advantage over the younger man, so she knew she would have to be somewhat careful. While she wouldn't exactly be pulling her punches, Nomi held fast to the fact that she had plenty of control over her physical capabilities that she would make sure that Kazuto wouldn't end up heading to the hospital. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she went and got the youngest ANBU Captain of the Leaf injured during a sparring match.[break][break]

She twisted her foot into the dirt, gaining purchase. "I'm going to start a little slower than normal, see what I'm working with first, all right?" She was going into teacher mode. Hopefully the Senju didn't find it condescending. "Then we'll get a real work out."[break][break]

A slight shift of her stance was all the warning Kazuto would have before the Utsuki would push off the earth and move towards him. Her speed was extremely quick, but it wasn't anything that Kazuto couldn't follow. She would approach from his left, then quickly feint to his right without slowing, aiming a kick at his shins that would trip him up off his feet, should it successfully strike.

[break][break]
[break]

Jutsu Used: [break]

SAs Used:
  • Gotta Go Fast[break]
    Nomi is already fast thanks to her musculature, but she's also spent her shinobi career honing her speed to even greater heights. She's incredibly quick, able to move at speeds that even the highest trained shinobi have trouble keeping up with her. Without the use of speed-enhancing jutsu, she can close gaps in a near-instant and is able to attack with her kicks and punches with near blinding speed. In terms of dodging speed, Nomi is incredibly agile and can use it to dodge a majority of incoming attacks, both physical and elemental, with ease.

last edit by Utsuki on Aug 9, 2020 22:44:11 GMT -5
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Aug 10, 2020 0:28:21 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Thank You, Nomi-San." Kazuto would reply, smiling slightly despite himself as he would follow the laporidae woman with his eyes until she would turn on her heel and would look at him, explain that she would not hold her punches and that at first she would need to taste his reflexes base in order to determine what form of training they would have to take in order to proceed with a more complex form of training. He didn't mind that, after all it was about the same that he would do under this situation and it would be good to know where he stood with his own reactions and then know what to expect when the Utsuki didn't held back.

"I understand." The Senju would reply as he steeled himself and take a deep breath as his eyes remained on the woman. He would take an instinctive step back, raising his arms as he assumed a pugilists stance, forming fist out of his hands and he began to mouth the same mantras of concentration that he took before every mission, every spar and every training. Before the woman would take a first decisive step after another, her feet dragging over the ground as a herald of doom that prompted him to take another back step.

Nomi was fast, even when she held back, it seemed as if she was a gale and while he was able to follow it and every inch, ever single fiber of his body prepared itself for the very likely coming attack he pressed his lips together and tried his best for his sight to drink in the details of her initial attack. She would veer to her left, the green of his eyes following the subtle change of movement before leaning to the right, his eyes following the wake of white mane behind the woman as he spotted the kick aimed at his chins with the corner of his eye.

He would bend his knees, pushing the floor away as he got some elevation and distance away, enough to dodge the full brunt of the force of her kick but still being stripped by the side of her foot, stumbling and sliding as the combined momentum of his jump and the kick carried him over. This is her holding back? He thought as he released his breath. She is as fast as the wind and she's not even trying. He thought as his eyes remained on her and resumed his stance and awaited for her to continue.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Aug 18, 2020 17:09:13 GMT -5
Utsuki
Utsuki Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

Nomi would not allow for a moment of rest, she would continue to hold back ever so slightly in her movements but not enough to keep the Senju male in a relaxed state. So, when he jumped back slightly feeling the impact of her attack she would adjust her footing, attacking foot landing against the ground, she would pivot and fly forward towards him once again. One foot after the other, she moved with grace, her footing light and her muscles fairly relaxed or at least appearing to be quite comfortable in the state that they were in. There was no over-exertion in how she propelled herself and moved.[break][break]

To keep Kazuto on his toes more so than before, she would pull up her fists and send a few jabs left and right as a form of distraction when she approached hoping to have him dodging left and right before she would depart from the ground, the bottoms of both her feet aimed at his stomach, simaltenously using his stomach to propel herself backwards into a back flip so that she would land safely on the ground. It was a gut wrenching kick for sure, but nothing that the male would not be able to shake off given some time.

[break][break]
[break]

SAs Used:
  • Gotta Go Fast[break]
    Nomi is already fast thanks to her musculature, but she's also spent her shinobi career honing her speed to even greater heights. She's incredibly quick, able to move at speeds that even the highest trained shinobi have trouble keeping up with her. Without the use of speed-enhancing jutsu, she can close gaps in a near-instant and is able to attack with her kicks and punches with near blinding speed. In terms of dodging speed, Nomi is incredibly agile and can use it to dodge a majority of incoming attacks, both physical and elemental, with ease.

The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Aug 18, 2020 22:07:00 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

There was no time for mercy, no respite for muscles that began to field the burn of a strain an exertion that had being alien to them for so long. In those ephemeral seconds between the continuation of the skirmish, he would reassess the woman before him. Of course the biology that she had being born with was part of it, but he could see the effort in her gait and movement, in the calculated strength that she placed to each step and as she moved towards him with a focus and fury that were unheard of to him. If she had been as fast as the wind, he was wrong. She was a gale, a force of nature and as the Senju would step back he would pivot, trying to predict her movements as he analyzed the posture of her arms, the coiling of the muscles as they readied to strike.

Kazuto would dodge the first attempt, then the second, swatting it away with slap of his hand as he stepped away, feeling some confidence surging through him as he felt that he was finding some progress in this short time. That illusion would die away, his moment of triumph ripped away from him as the kick of her powerful legs would struck him in the stomach, the momentum of muscle bound legs wrenching the very air out of his lungs as a yelp of pain and surprise escaped his lips and he was propelled away, muscle memory prompting him to slide over the soil before he stepped back, suddenly detaining his momentum as a demand of breath was drowned in the void inside him after the kick.

Doubling forward, his hands to his midsection, coughing before he would land on his knees and pushed his hand against the soil to keep himself from falling on the floor as violent coughs shuddered his entire being until ragged birth would emerge slowly but steadily. He raised his sight towards the woman, feeling no anger no resentment towards her. He pressed lips together and with effort leaned on one leg and with effort pushed forward, weakly standing on his own feed as he felt his strength return to him. Raising the back of his hand to his mouth, he would wipe the corner of his lip before he would speak once more. "...Again..." He said in between the pant, determination emerging through his mouth in a murmur.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Sept 12, 2020 11:45:39 GMT -5
Utsuki
Utsuki Avatar
groupnull

[nospaces]

She landed gracefully back on her feet, knees bent and muscles tense, in a stance that would allow her to move in any direction desired should a counterattack follow her kick. But the sound of coughing brought her up short, stopping her movements. Kazuto had skidded back a bit, on his knee trying to catch his breath.[break][break]

Ah. Nomi straightened up, rising to her full height, with a small look of concern on her face. She knew he wasn't too injured, she had more control than that, but perhaps she had gone a bit overboard. But she didn't approach the younger jounin, letting him regain a steady rate of breathing on his own. His pride didn't need the damage of his sparring partner mother-henning over him.[break][break]

Kazuto got to his feet, short of breath but ready to go another round. Nomi nodded, a small smirk of approval on her face. She pushed off again, moving towards the the Senju at the same speed as before. He needed to be able to respond to her moves at this speed before she brought it up a notch.[break][break]

She moved towards his right side, aiming a fist under his arm to strike at his collarbone area. But at the last second, she shifted her momentum, and her knee came up to aim a blow at his ribs, should it connect. She was holding back, but that didn't mean she was going to make things easy for him.

[break][break]
[break]

SAs Used:
  • Gotta Go Fast[break]

The Rabbit and the Wolf - [Nomi/Training]Sept 13, 2020 2:19:58 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

He raised his fists again, the pain still flashing with each inhalation and exhalation of breath as the woman gave him for a brief moment of respite before the continuation of the assault. Ignoring the pain he would continue his retreat a step back for each one she took, knowing that to buy time and to allow himself for the pain to subdue was by far his best option at the moment. Bracing himself he awaited for the Nomi to strike. His eyes continued to follow, but he could only find a mirage, a blurry image where the woman should've been was the only thing that he could perceive. He was merely reacting and allowing his body to counter, but by know he knew that such idea would not work.

Stopping he would keep her eyes on her, his mind racing against the possibilities about her attack as she so far hadn't done a frontal assault, rather using the first feint as a screen for her real intention, shifting at the last second to strike him. As the woman would arrive like a lightning, like if she were speed made manifest, bringing in pain and injury should the strikes land. His eyes glancing at first at the fist that aimed towards his collarbone, his hands instinctively raising to meet first strike before he noticed the momentum of the fist suddenly stopping, the paws of her foot digging into the soil as the momentum shifted.

Gritting his teeth he would lower his left arm, protecting the general direction from which he thought her attack would come, his feet moving to a side to create some form of space so the knee wouldn't strike with all the strength of her leg. The strike landed, hard enough to make him release a grunt but not with enough strength to knock him down, barely making him slide over the loose earth and moss until he stopped. He hadn't dodged, not exactly, but he was still standing. Ignoring the pain that now irradiated like a flare from his left arm he would raise both arms again. "You didn't knock me down that time either."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS