groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood

TAG.

WORDS. 609

NOTES.

Playground

"Ow!...Oonakayama Takefusa...ya don't go and pull on my hair..."

Poking the small child's face, Arashi would set the child back down into his small basket, her eyes narrowed before allowing a small smile to cross her lips as the boy seemed more than pleased with himself at getting a small hit upon his older sister.

"Kami don't end up like Set...last thing I need is ya thinkin I'm a push over..."

It wasn't much for the girl to look after her baby brother in her mother's absence. If anything, she was used to it in helping to take care of Setsuna when they were much younger. With the older female currently on assignment, both her, Set, and her father were on baby duty. This meant that Set and Arashi had to do much of the dealings with Takefusa day to day, while their father handled matters upon his return from the office as it were.

Sadly though, this did cut into some of her training time.

Arashi could feel that she was getting closer and closer to master more of Shukaku's power. That one small taste, along with the events of Sekara, had proven that for the most part, she could handle it. Though there was still a barrier there that she couldn't get passed. Like the idea of losing control and nearly killing Asahi and perhaps those men had back up not arrived when it did.

That wasn't an option, and she had to manage that somehow. Though for now, her focus was set upon keeping the baby from chewing on anything aside from toys and currently...

"What the...Don't chew on that!"

Taking hold of what looked like a bone, the girl would narrow her eyes as she looked to the side to see Ai having managed to perch his paws up on the edge of the stroller, his body leaning over the side as his head peeked down to the infant and then at Arashi with his cheerful expression.

"Seriously Ai? Thats not for a baby...thats for a dog..."

Thankfully, the recreational area within the village had little that would hurt the young prince. Still, the last thing she wanted was for Take to chip a tooth before he even had a full set.

Releasing a breath, she'd toss the bone to the side for Ai to retrieve, leaving her to once again return to the book within her hand. Taking time for reading would just have to do for the moment, at least she was exercising something today.

This time it was on some more advance Sealing techniques. Perhaps something that could be experimented upon down the road. The teen had some ideas of what she'd go with, as she had already proven that her sand was capable of taking on the curse marks of her flesh and holding the patterned symbols upon the surface. Maybe she could use this in a combination of sorts...once she figured it out.

Her hand resting upon her forehead, she'd hear the child start to cry, her eyes looking over to him before picking him up and setting him upon her lap.

"I'm not mom ya know? Ya ain't gettin all my attention every time ya cry..."

Raising her brow, she'd feel his head lay down against her chest, eyes closing as he nestled into her.

"Good grief...this is why I'm never havin kids.."

Despite her declaration of this, her blank expression would start to fade as her smile came over her, gently brushing her fingertip against his cheek before lifting the book yet again to her face while looking along the passages.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jul 27, 2020 17:08:21 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood[Open]Jul 26, 2020 19:58:00 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

I know I'm part of something greater than myself
Don't know the meaning, but I hope that matters less
I don't know anyone affected without a skill

Zakku had chosen to train in preparation for the exams.  Having finally gotten to go ahead he was motivated to show he was different Zakku than the one that'd gone so many years ago.  His hard training began with finding a spot to read then turned into a nap.

Zakku had picked a shaded spot.  His arms wrapped around his sides as he breathed lightly his book open in front of him exposing it's content to the world.  He twitched slightly and let out a snort as he readjusted onto his left side.  He dreamed a typical dream for a teenager.  Scantily clad women almost the same that appeared in his book.  

Zack jerked and woke up.  The crying of a baby slowly bringing him back to reality.  He sat up wiping away some drool from the corner of his mouth and grabbed his book.  He shook the sand out of it and shot and irritated glance at the direction of the crying.  He pulled out a blunt and got ready to light it when he heard a familiar voice.  "Oh kami."  

He knew Arashi would scold him or worse take his smoke away so he tucked it back into his pack and grabbed the rock he was using for a napping spot and stood up.  He walked out to see Arashi and finished shaking the sand out of his book and tucked it into his pocket.  "Heya Arashi I was just dreaming about you-"  Zakku quickly realized he should change the subject.

"So are you starting the training early for the kid or did you steal this kid.  Either way I don't think your dad would approve of me helping in either situation."  Zakku crossed his arms and started at the kid before moving his eyes to the puppy and smiling.  "Puppy."  Came softly from his lips as he reached to pet the dog.  

Duh Dood has written 541 posts
Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood[Open]Jul 27, 2020 17:18:35 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 267

NOTES.

Hearing the sound coming from close by, the familiar odor in turn alerted her to the less than threatening direction of Zakku. As he made his side remark, Arashi would raise her brow before then shaking her head with a sigh.

"Dreamin of something ya can't have huh? Might have to set ya expectations a bit lower..."

A smirk crossed her lips as she adjusted the position of Take upon her lap, watching as the young man moved toward her, Ai having already taken to the shinobi as he began to make mention of the baby in her lap and joke. Honestly, even if she had considered such a thing ,it wasn't even until Set was about seven that she actually began showing him a few techniques. Though such things were limited due to his age. That and the Academy was more than capable of teaching such things.

"This happens to be my baby brother...Takefusa..this is Zakku..."

As the infant was still stirring in his slumber, Ai accepted the pets from Zakku as Arashi would place her book away before looking back at him.

"The exams are comin up right? Shouldn't ya be training or somethin?"

In mentioning this, she wondered if Setsuna was ready for them too? She had worked with him on a few techniques to help in preparing him, but even then the exams were bit of a toss up in what they had to prepare for. Survival was everything in the shinobi world, but one couldn't be versatile in everything. Not to mention that there was never a way to tell just what you were in for once it began.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jul 27, 2020 17:19:16 GMT -5
Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood[Open]Jul 28, 2020 17:47:13 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku shrugged at her comment.  "That's fair"  He wasn't that interested in relationships outside of his friendships.  Though Arashi was a looker to Zakku he wasn't interested in dating he was more interested in petting AI.

Zakku looked at Takefusa and gave a quick devil horns at the sleeping child.  "Hey little dude."  Zakku smiled softly at him and looked back at AI.  Zakku surged with pride as she brought up the exams.  He straightened himself proudly and smiled widely.  "Hell yeah they are.  I actually learned a new Jutsu just for it."  

Zakku had his dad help him perfecting the newest addition to his arsenal.  While he enjoyed using his Lightning Beast as his trump card it was getting overused.  Now he had a new animal made of his Ration Chakra to play with but that would have to wait for the Exams to show it off.

"Yeah I was taking a nap after doing some training then you used your little brother to wake me up."  Zakku crossed his arms in an exagerrated attempt to seem annoyed.  He hadn't even started training.  He just started reading then fell asleep.  "Can't even nap in public anymore.  Rude."

Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood[Open]Jul 28, 2020 20:56:00 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 267

NOTES.

"Oh ha ha..."

Sticking her tongue out in the direction of Zakku, it appeared that Take hadn't been remotely concerned with the stranger near by, his slumber taking much more presence as Arashi gently moved him from her lap and placed him back within the stroller as Ai seemed to continue taking in all the attention he was getting from the blue haired shinobi.

In hearing how he was now feeling more prepared for the exams, learning even a new jutsu to boot, Arashi would then smirk as she stood up and placed her hands behind her back.

"That so...I mean...sure...Lightning is all good and that...but I bet dime a dozen ya haven't trained in just that..."

Looking him up and down, the girl would then cross her arms as she placed one hand beneath her face.

"Ya know? If ya serious about passing...I could help ya train...I need to get some in myself anyway so it wouldn't be just for your benefit..."

It was probably the closest she'd get to helping a friend out than actually admitting to it. Arashi hardly needed to train that much. Considering most of her techniques at this point were memorized or practices in theory. She was getting stronger, and her control was better than it had been in a long time. Shukaku hadn't been on a rampage in years and the girl was feeling more than a bit confident. Of course, minus the event in the badlands, the girl considered this to be progress.

"So what do ya say? Wanna take me up on that..or did ya wanna go back to nappin?"
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood[Open]Jul 29, 2020 19:56:19 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku covered his mouth with his hand to hide his smirk.  He had done more than just his Lightning jutsu and he was just so proud of it he couldn't help but smile.  "Perhaps."  He replied simply.

Zakku had seen Arashi fight plenty of times.  He'd earned the wrath of her sand thanks to a few smart ass comments in class.  He was always curious to test just how far she could go.  Especially with her sand shield.  "Alright.  I have been working on my marksmanship."  Zakku finished spoiling AI and pulled out his metal stakes.  They had been cleaned and polished just a couple of days ago but if one were to inspect them close enough one could see the slight burns that still remained.  

"I use these to trap my opponent you wouldn't believe how many times I got Nezumi or Miori with these."  Zakku let out a mischievous chuckle.  "I like to plan out things ahead and try to end a conflict with this result.  Thing is these things are a little bit heavier than my normal Kunai a shuriken."  The genin held out one for Arashi to try and test it's weight.  

"So I tend to keep throwing them close but I've been trying to work on my precision at longer ranges with them so I can plan out better tactics during the exams."  Zakku began picking at the gunk under his nails with the end of one of his metal stakes.

Duty Bound, A Sister's Parenthood[Open]Aug 3, 2020 14:14:58 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 267

NOTES.

Arashi would take the offered stake presented to her, balancing the weight within her hand as she examined it closely. It was clearly conductive to allow for it to be used for traps, making it valuable enough as a tool in and of itself. It's composition was likely a combination of two different kinds of metal to allow for such a feat, but she'd never be able to say just what from a first time glance.

Though if she were to take a guess, she'd imagine it was likely silver with a mixture of copper.

"Not that impressive to fool someone like Nezumi..."

In handing the stake back, the two would begin their walk toward the training grounds, her hands resting on the stroller as she pushed it along with Ai marching between the two shinobi.

As Zakku further explained his means of combat having much to do with strategy before the conflict, a smirk would cross her lips as she had a similar means of thinking for the most part. Of course, it was hard to account for everything that could happen in a fight. Still, it never hurt to be prepared for the most part, and that had a lot to do with trying to read out a target.

"If ya trying to work on prediction of movements, ya kinda gotta read just what kind of style of foe ya dealing with. Usually someone who is more prone to close combat is gonna be fast, but will know enough to not wanna stay in one place. Usually it helps to try to cut them off at the pass and lay out obstacles for them to be lured into just the right spot for you to do your thing. Long rangers can be a bit tricky, especially since they can work at a distance so they'll be watching ya just as closely as you are them..."

Narrowing her eyes, Arashi would then place one hand beneath her face as she continued to push her brother's cart along.

"I use long range universally, but I had to work out the fact that if someone gets close enough to me, I can attack from such a position too...so its more like trying to work out a combination of both into your own style...so it's just figuring that out and you'll be good.."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS