Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]

compose a reply
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 8, 2020 7:42:19 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills

TAG.

WORDS. 569

NOTES.

Moment Music

Arashi would lay upon her bed, her eyes narrowed as she could hear the rapid winds picking up outside of her window. A Haboob, or rather an intense Dust Storm, seemed to have picked up outside of the village and had rapidly begun to make it's way through Kaze no kuni. Was it accidental considering the state of girl? Probably not, but even she wouldn't pretend to think that her reach was so vast that the very area was bound to her will.

In the end, it was hardly anything that would be dangerous so long as no one moved outside of Sunagakure. Not a problem for her, considering she was grounded. Not to mention, lost in thought. Her punishment had more than given her time for that, leading to her reflections now shifting to the conversation she had with her father a day ago.

Perhaps that biggest one to date...

It was upon the future of the village and of their family. The promise of what was to come and how he wished for her to grow into a role that she never would have seen for herself, and Arashi did have a very big imagination.

It all seemed so calculated to the very last detail...to her training, her eventual return, everything.

She was to be the next Kazekage...

As the intense rustle of wind rattled the foundations of the manor, the girl would turn to the side upon her bed, the sheets rug against her skin or perhaps it was the opposite. She had nothing but bad dreams that entire evening, and now she was lying awake due to the storm-front that was battering outside her window.

The teen would take hold of the small stuff toy close by, keeping it close as she mentally scolded herself for taking up such a small means of comfort. In the end, she'd still keep it to her chest, her eyes opening slightly as she shook her head.

This was insane...her father had every possible reason to not even conceive such a notion of her in that role. Yet, he was putting his full trust in her capabilities in doing so.

Why? What measure of leadership did she have to put her on scale with that of those that came before? What judgement did she have that made her so special?

In her mind, she had none. But it was hard to combat the logic that would be presented her way when inside she felt somewhat grateful for having such a renewed goal when she had been spending so much time in the dark when it came to her own future. But never would she have imagined it to be this.

If anything, she had figured she'd top out at Jounin, perhaps get a position as Head Instructor in the academy one day. The security was nice and while she had little interest in having kids of her own, she did enjoy the work with training the future. Arashi had assumed that would be her fate, much as she had claimed to be against it.

She didn't want to be a weapon, but it seemed that everything that had been identified to her directly was combining into the one thing they all had in common.

But could she really claim to be the one to have the weight of a village upon her shoulders? Was her will even strong enough?

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 8, 2020 10:34:59 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 569

NOTES.

"Tch! What right does he have!? Whats to say that I won't just get us all killed!? Oh right...faith!"

Pushing herself upright upon her bed, the teen would rise up to her feet, looking toward the stuffed toy as she then made her way toward her window, seeing the hazed vision outside as it appeared to be spreading over the village now. Likely everyone was inside, so it wasn't as if there was any cause for concern. The weather was always strange out in the desert. No way of knowing just what to expect, and people adapted to it.

Adaptation...a means of survival for the fittest...

"Great..now even I'm thinkin bout it..."

Leaning up against it, her hands would rest beneath her face as she narrowed her vision as she looked down. Was her will strong enough to lead? Honestly that was a question she knew the answer to, just like her father had stated. She hated when he was right. It was always like that when it came to arguing with him, he always had the answers and he was never shy to tell her when she was wrong.

All her complaining wouldn't change that, and now that she was looking her future dead in the eyes, she couldn't help but to complain.

"Grow up..."

She'd whisper the words as if they were a command to herself, prompting her to sigh as she then began to hear cries coming from another room. Looking around, she'd figure that someone would eventually go and take care of Take, only to remember that since she was home, that person was her. Releasing a breath, the teen would pull herself toward the door, her body moving down the hall to the small child's room.

"Not a fan of storms huh?"

Making her way over to the crib, she'd pick up the small boy as he appeared to be rather upset at the sudden change and loud noise from outside. In leaning up against the wall, Arashi would gently rock the boy within her arms, closing her eyes as she shook her head.

"Well...don't look at me like I did it...at least..I don't think I did...kinda hard when ya big sis doesn't have all the answers.."

With Take seeming to calm down a bit at her handling of him, she'd then make her way back to her room for a moment, stopping short within the hall as she could see the emptiness of the house. Everyone was either taking shelter close by or simply stuck within their current locations. At the very least, her dogs were now scattered in the living room, having followed Nai inside from the kennel to make camp inside the manor.

"Ya guys okay down there?"

With a bark from the lead dog, Arashi would nod as she looked upon their numbers to be sure they were all accounted for. Though soon enough, she'd prompt herself against the beam keeping her from nothing more than air, looking back at the child as she continued to cradle him.

"Do you think I'd be a good Kage?"

The infant would seem more confused if anything else, looking at her briefly before sucking his thumb as his head rested against her shoulder.

"Thanks...thats comforting....what the hell am I doing? Asking for advice from a baby...Judgement is supposed to be my thing right...I know the right thing to do...even though I don't do it.."

In a mocking tone of her father, the teen would release a breath as she began to make her way downstairs.

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 8, 2020 21:36:34 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 420

NOTES.

At this point, the girl was hoping that maybe a sign would appear or perhaps a light bulb would click to make her connect the rest of the dots that were laid out before her. Laying down upon the sofa, her brother seeming to sit upright upon her chest, Arashi would poke at his nose with a calm expression, showing that she was miles away right now.

"What even makes a Kage?"

It was a thought provoking question, leading to the teen look up to the ceiling as Take would seem to flop forward, landing down upon her as she patted his head much like an animal. With her canines seeming to surround them, the girl would continue to hold her gaze upward, blinking as she thought about this question. Going over what she knew of leadership and those within such position, Arashi imagined that courage had to be part of it. But what else?

Instinct? A Kage would have to follow their gut in most cases. Especially if there was something that seemed wrong, even if others didn't find it as such. They had to make quick decisions that would decide the course of people's lives daily. They would either be favored for it, or hated. It was like that for the Second Kazekage.

Chikamatsu Atsushi...The Constructor...BitterSteel...Old Kage...

Takefusa would seem to laugh as Arashi spoke these titles outloud, prompting the girl to look down to see his happy face as she then poked him upon the forehead.

"Show respect for the dead...gotta remember that even if he was a dick...he literally protected Sunagakure in two wars...though then he started the third one by trying to assassinate five village leaders...too bad he didn't stop while he was..a head..."

Pausing for a moment, the teen seemed to wait for him to laugh at her pun, though soon finding the boy to be showing a look of confusion.

"You'll get it when ya older...anyway...He wanted to protect the village, but in doing so gave into fear. The war was over, but he wanted more. A statement that Sunagakure wasn't a weak nation...and it put us in a needless war...one that got us attacked by Iwagakure and our village sacked and pillaged...cost em his own life too..."

Closing her eyes, Arashi would release a breath as clearly she couldn't look to the Nidaime Kazekage for qualifications in steady leadership. Not unless she was going to be the kind of Kage that jumped into war. Pretty sure that would cost her own head faster than it did the Old Kage.

Still..if anything, he showed dedication to the greater good of his village by trying to find a way to make them stronger. By attacking their enemies in order to prevent something worse from happening. preemptive..but reckless...

"Dedication...Courage...what else?"

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 13, 2020 15:18:16 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 420

NOTES.

Ambitious....

The word came to her just as she felt the toddler pull at her hair, prompting her to narrow her eyes as she gently moved his hand away from her bleached locks and handed him a toy instead.

"Kinda like ya bein right now...ambitious...That one would have to go to the Sandaime Kazekage...Chikamatsu Saburo..."

As the youth gummed upon the head of the stuffed doll, the teen would rise up as she held her brother upon her lap.

"Now this guy...The Red Viper...was around the same time I was born. Mom and Dad both worked under him. His plan was to bring Sunagakure back to it's glory days...by whatever means he could muster. I mean...he had big plans for this place. Reconstruction of the entire village..including the outskirts! Not to mention building the population and making sure that the village was once again remembered as one of the Great Shinobi Nations...big goals...not to mention he was doing it out of his own clan's pocket..that won him some points I'm sure..."

In saying that, Arashi would then tilt her head to the side, prompting Take to do the same as she looked off to the side.

"Sadly, ambition is like a double edged blade...ya can win with it, but it can still cut ya too...he wanted to make a pipeline...but that line also cut into Amegakure territory. Not a great idea..."

It was sad how the man had literally caused a small war just by trying to rebuild his home. Sadly, not everyone would want to see the advancement of others on their own lands.

"So that started a whole other conflict and he was killed in battle...a short and sad end to the Third...starting to notice a pattern here..."

Raising her brow, the girl would then place Take down, allowing the boy to continue to gnaw at the object to his content, leading to her placing one hand beneath her face as she sighed.

"Most of those people died doing what they thought was best for the village...it had some gains, but not enough to keep em around. The only examples of people that didn't go out in a fight are Dad...not even Lady Sumiye made it to old age..."

A sudden coo came from her side, feeling small hands upon her leg as the boy would pat down upon them as to get her attention.

"What? Ya don't know about the greatest Kazekage that ever lived? Well..next to Dad..but don't tell em I said that...but seriously? Ya don't know?"

A second babbled noise was her response, leading to Arashi releasing a breath as she shook her head.

"Shesh...am I the only one that realizes the importance of history around here? Sometimes I think I'm wastin my time readin..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 17, 2020 12:16:29 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 420

NOTES.

"Lady Oonakayama Sumiye...The first Kazekage...my idol...and technically our great great great Grandmother...She was....one of the most powerful shinobi in the world during her time..."

Arashi would state this as she pondered about her meeting with the woman's spirit. Honestly, Arashi couldn't really imagine just why the woman would rest so quietly within her tomb if only to have a conversation with her, yet her wisdom had been passed down to her within an instant. Not that it amounted to much as her actions still seemed to be ill-gotten in the eyes of her supposed superiors. Perhaps it they did have value, she wouldn't be so skeptical in taking on a role that apparently she was born for.

Nor would she be questioning just what merits one needed to be a good leader in the first place...

"She literally brought together the clans of Kaze no kuni and helped to form Sunagakure...our home...she was..patient...yet tactful when she needed to be. Her words were inspiring, and she could back it up with her ability to control Auramite...Gold Dust. But that wasn't all there was to her. You could say that she was the mother of the village hidden in the sand..."

Thinking on the woman, she remembered her face and it was so similar to her own that it was uncanny. Generations could do a lot for genetics, but she didn't think she'd be the spitting image of a known warlord and historical figure. Or perhaps it was simply her preconception of trying to find something familiar in her hero.

"Anyway...she came up from nothing and had a lot of doubts too...kinda like me...but she stepped up when her people needed her...and became a legend...she wasn't perfect...but she tried her best.."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 26, 2020 20:58:03 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 420

NOTES.

It was corny ideal to think that trying your best would work out. So far, her trying her best hadn't. Or at least, going the way she believed was right, even if it wasn't smart at the time. Arashi knew that her father wasn't telling her not to think for herself, but to make choices that were beneficial for more than just others. He was telling her to realize that not everything could have a happy ending and that not everyone could be saved. It was just like what Asahi had told her too when she was trying her hardest to take care of something that had nothing to do with her, consequences or not.

The only thing was, the girl wasn't sure if she could...or if it was simply a matter that she was too stubborn to even try...

"When did everythin in my life become so damn complicated?"

Looking over toward Take, who'd now seemed to have taken it upon himself to start pulling at Nai's ear, the young teen would see the hound simply open one eye to look at the child, simply closing it again as she was used the actions of humans by now, especially children. This gave Arashi a chance to stretch out once more, staring toward the ceiling before closing her eyes and releasing a soft breath.

"If I was to be honest with myself...a part of me still wants it...to be hero...just like I said I would be one day...I want to be a war-hero like my parents...so maybe thats why I do what I do...I want to have adventures, save the day, all of it. But if somethin happens...if I get hurt...it worries everyone..."
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 28, 2020 19:51:10 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 420

NOTES.

Arashi would continue to drift back and forth within her thoughts, allowing them to flash through her head before a sudden image came to her much like lightning. It was so swift in it's appearance, a face looking back at her from a distance, only to sudden be directly in her face. That was enough to make her jerk for a moment, raising herself up as her knee rested upon the cushion of the sofa. Placing her hand upon her chest, the teen would release a breath before looking over to see that Take was now sleeping right beside the large white wolf, body slumped into her fur.

Smiling slightly, Arashi would then close her eyes before narrowing them to the ground.

"What the hell was that about? I gotta stop readin so many dark novels at night..."

From there the teen would make her way over to the sleeping child, taking him into her arms as she began to make her way back upstairs. The sand storm was starting to die down now, likely meaning that the boy would be more at ease in his slumber. In placing him back into his crib, she'd gently kiss him upon the forehead before making her way softly out of his room.

"There we go....now...back to...whatever the hell I was doing...Oh right...sulking..."

Narrowing her gaze, the girl would prepare to head to her room before then hearing a knock on the door. It was a bit odd, considering the storm outside, but then who the hell would be making their way over here if it wasn't important. Lightly jogging down the stairs, the girl would reach the front door and open it to find...

A clearly exhausted and quite dusted up Yu...her superior over at the academy, leaning up against the door before Arashi swiftly pulled him inside just as another burst of sand began to pull for him to be drawn back.

"Yu-Sensei?...why are ya out here in the middle of a Sand Storm?"

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Sept 30, 2020 1:12:34 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 420

NOTES.

Yu appeared out of his element, if anything, he was more studious and kept to working within the academy than really ever going out. Of course, this wasn't new for Arashi, as more often than not, she was the one teaching the classes and he would switch off with her from time to time. Likely to train her or to allow her the chance to work with the youth as much as he did. Still, why he was here was still in question, leading to the girl narrowing her eyes as he finally caught his breath.

"Yes..well..I had heard that you were taking some time off and I just...wanted to ask...if you could come back?"

"I...can't..."

Yu seemed to be in a state of panic, cross the room as he turned to look at the girl.

"Look! The academy students are asking just what is going on and they seem to be really attached to you and your..methods...we even recently had one young girl who came out of no where and she could probably benefit from your style of teaching! If you come back, you'd be doing me a great favor..."

Clearly no one had told many people that the girl was dismissed of her duties, meaning that it was likely being held under wraps. Probably due to the fact that her father was trying to reach her in some way or another. Looking on it now, it wouldn't exactly appear good if she was known for being dismissed and then put under house arrest.

"Yu-sensei..I would love to help..but...what I'm doing is a bit more important right now...if I manage to finish up before then..I'd be happy to help..."

"What exactly is it that your doing anyway?"

"Ummm..."

Cupping her hand beneath her face, the teen would then narrow her eyes as she looked to the side.

"Currently I'm in the process of a transformation into womanhood..."

"Wait..does that mean...."

Eyes wide, Arashi would then shake her head as she frowned.

"NO! I mean I'm on my...ya know..."

Seeming to try and display just what she was referring to with her eyes and hands, the man appeared to have a sudden realization, causing him to then wave his hands forward as to stop her from going any further.

"OH!!! Oh I'm so sorry! I will leave you to it then!!"

Yu would seemed to stagger as he rushed toward the door, Arashi attempting to warn him of the blow back before it appeared to hit him directly in the face. As the dust and rocks pelted against him, the teen did her best to stifle her laughter, covering her mouth as it seemed so panicked by her suggestion that he was running for the very dunes.

"Startin to realize why he never teaches seduction tactics..."

Her hands resting upon her hip, Arashi would then make sure the door was closed as she soon leaned back against it.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Oct 4, 2020 11:28:16 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES.

Oddities aside, at least it looked like she might still have a job waiting for her if she ever got off this house arrest. Though that likely would depend on if she gained something out of this time here. In truth, she imagined the lesson here was close to her understanding, but she was being ignorant of it purposely without even realizing it.

She had already gone over the listings for what it took to be a leader and the merits of the previous Kages of the past. But she couldn't yet see the connection to what that would make of herself? Her father had given her some ideas, but also doubts. None of it made sense, and if it did she just didn't know how to piece it together in her mind.

Making her way from the door, the girl would return to the area upstairs, checking once more on the pack below as she soon returned to her own room. Looking over the various items she had on display, she'd turn in the direction of her stuffed bear, holding the toy up in her arms as she then gently pulled at a single string. In doing so, it's back would begin to fall apart, yet would open it's cotton interior to reveal a small sack.

"Thanks Teddy...."

Retrieving the item,, she'd begin to gently resew the bear's back, placing him back on her bed as she sat down beside it. As she held the wool sack in one hand, bouncing it lightly as she felt it's weight, her eyes narrowed before then shaking her head as she placed it down on the ground.

"Theres only one other kage I haven't figured out yet...dad..."

Her hand resting beneath her face, her eyes would narrow as she stared at the sack, extending her downward to untie the bundle, revealing the Iron sand within it.

She had taken her fair share of thing over the years, Iron Sand was easy to come by. If anything, she did by the logic that it was her father's name to fame. His skill with the minerals had been a scourge upon battle-fields. It certainly wasn't something that just anyone could do, linked only to those within the Oonakayama Clan. But she couldn't...

Why was that?

Holding her hand out, she'd attempt to focus her chakra to draw up the dust before her, only having created an updraft that did little to move the iron shavings. Narrowing her eyes, the teen would attempt this once more, straining herself and yet finding little changes.

"Maybe his ability to do this is what makes him such a great Kazekage..."

Her free hand now upon her leg, the bleach blonde girl would close her eyes as she tried to think.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Oct 7, 2020 7:22:47 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES.

"No...thats not it..."

Twisting her body so that she was laying on her side, the teen would continue to hover her hand over the open sack, fingers twirling and bending back and forth. It wasn't as if this was no different from how she had learned to master her sand abilities. But the material was much heavier, or at least that was how it felt. Though in truth, it had always felt heavy to her. When she was much younger, she had attempted to do the same thing...six years old and already dreaming of being a shinobi. Hard to imagine how crazy that was.

She'd sit within the living room of their small home, the girl checking to be sure that no one was watching. She'd hover her hands over the sack, like a fairy tale witch trying to conjure something from the abyss. It didn't work of course, but that didn't stop her from trying it over and over again. It was a similar principle in which every shinobi followed, try until you get it right. Or at the very least, attempting something new and see if it gives you a new result.

But that was hardly what she needed to be thinking about right now, her hand still lazily wavering over the bag in her attempt at causing the iron to rise. It was likely a fruitless endevour...she had never been able to do it...likely a genetic defect or it simply skipping her completely. Though it was granting her some clarity as she considered her father. What traits had he shown that made him a great Kazekage?

What tasks or feats had been shown to the village to give him the reputation that he had? Well, she could start with his ability to compromise and negotiate with the best of them. Yet, he seemed to have this...wisdom to him as well...though she could swear at times it was just by luck that he knew as much as he did. Narrowing her eyes, she'd click her tongue as she often found herself falling into the trap of questioning and him seeming to know everything.

Arashi always hated that..it felt like when it came to her father she could never win an argument...

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Oct 7, 2020 7:23:06 GMT -5
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Oct 9, 2020 10:17:30 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES.

But then, what was she to expect when dealing with someone who felt like they were the smartest person in the room?

Arashi often felt as though she were right about things, and a lot of times it was true. But, that didn't make everything that she did or said accurate.

There was more to learn, yet another aspect she learned from her parents. Which made what was being asked and expected of her all the more daunting...

At some point...weren't Kages supposed to know it all?

Arashi could feel her thoughts going off track, prompting her to return to looking over the iron shavings as she continued to attempt at raising them. Yet there were still little to no reaction.

"Typical..."

Opening her golden gaze upon the sack, she'd reach down and pull it up to close it as she sat upright on her bed.

"Guess it does have something to do with Shukaku...or me...probably just me...always been a weirdo..."

Shrugging her shoulders, the girl would then let her bare feet touch the ground, moving across the length of the room as she began to place the object onto a shelf. It was at that point that she began to take a moment to view the many trinkets within her room. One of which catching her attention the most as the poster of her former favorite actor. Yet, it wasn't really him that had her focus, but what laid behind him, prompting her to peel back the paper corners and reveal the small hole in her wall. Reaching inside, she'd draw out a bag, brightly reflecting the light with a golden glimmer.

.....Auramite....

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Oct 10, 2020 19:12:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES.

Considered the building blocks of the very nation, the dust had become a relic of a time long passed...of a descendant that had been buried along with the sands of time...

Honestly, she began to recognize the concept of never being able to meet your heroes...

Looking upon the shavings, Arashi would then set them down on the ground as it felt as if she were simply going through the motions. She was avoiding the question in her head, doing what she could to occupy her time with other things. With the sack resting on her bed, her eyes narrowed as she slowly stretched out her hand, focusing her chakra upon the contents within. Nothing shifting, nothing moving. If she was supposed to be a successor to such an idol, how come it wouldn't yield to her will?

What was the point of having a weapon that she couldn't use?

A weapon that you couldn't use...

Looking off to the side, the girl would then flop back upon her bed, the rushing wind outside her window becoming more intense as it felt as if it might break the very manor in half. Perhaps at one point it would have, had the foundations not been made to without heavier strikes.

What made her father such a great Kage? He had the option of using a weapon of massive destruction, but did everything in his power not to. He could easily raise an army to strike down his enemies, attack from multiple sides, possibly regain honor and pride that had long since been kicked out of each member of the village.

He could take the power of Shukaku and place it within a vault, unleash it upon his foes with just the loss of but one...Yet he didn't...

Hand resting over her face, she'd recall the conversation she had with her aunt and Matsu-sensei...on how the trust of others was valuable and that it was a resource in which she at times neglected to use. Was that what her father had? He trusted those around him? He understood enough of their roles that he understood each of their strengths and weaknesses?

He knew hers well enough to place so much trust in her future that he was willing to put up with a number of things that she had done. Her constant running of the mouth, her rejection of having anything to do with anyone, only for her to come crawling back. Her indecision to the point that he had to directly tell her to take up her path and see it through...

Was this really to be her future? Was the strength behind a truly great leader trust in those around them?..Was this what she lacked?

Flipping her palm so that it was now upon her forehead, the whistling winds would prompt her to close her eyes and silent. There was a feeling of peace in doing so, a quieting of the mind as all things were silenced save for the intense whistling.

She often saw the wind as a desire of freedom...but it could be defined also as the symbol of spirit...messenger of the gods...

If she actually believed in such things, she'd say that she was a shitty messenger...but once again..she was getting off track.

Placing her trust in others...was this what she lacked?

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Oct 14, 2020 20:04:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES.

"Maybe it isn't the correct amount for usage..."

That or it just doesn't work for me...just like everything else in my family...

There was answer here, and she knew she might be close to it. In the end, she might not ever know for sure. The fact that this was a struggle for her most of her life made the disappointment more storable, but she could feel the regret welling up inside of her. Sumiyie, her idol had placed that much faith in her to do this, gifted her knowledge, her experiences, everything. She didn't have to do that. Put her trust in her to do something with this gift. But she did, and now she was proving just how much of a mistake that was.

Gritting her teeth, Arashi wanted to scream, but she couldn't for her brother's sake. So rather than take her frustration out on anything around her, she'd simply do the next logical thing. She'd simply walk toward her window, opening it wide as the hailing sand and intense weather began to try and blast inside. Her eyes struggled against it, doing their best to keep view of the hurricane that seemed to be crashing around and blasting itself against the village.

Though rather than take this as a hint of this being a terrible idea, the teen simply screamed back, coating her screams with that of the howling winds. Her yell seemed to have a force of it's own, suddenly, if not..unnaturally, prompting the weather to settle, if not only for a moment. It was strange...almost...terrifying. Her eyes wide for a moment, she'd see this stillness in the storm, this quiet halting of all things...

It was beautiful in a way, her eyes seeing each speck as it fell in such a slow pace. Much like snow she imagined.

As it began to build speed again, her body would soon use this time to quickly shut her window, allowing the sandstorm to proceed again. But in that moment, she felt this strong urge.

She had literally calmed a sandstorm...just by yelling at it...

"Holy shit..."

Hand resting against her chest, her heart racing, she looked from one side of her room to the next, perhaps mentally checking to be sure she was still awake or that she wasn't dead in some way, yet as she released a breath, her eyes would scan her bed to see the sack having turned over upon itself.

"Oh shit..."
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Eye of the Storm, The Collision of Wills[Solo/Invite]Oct 17, 2020 22:38:00 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES.

Something was starting to click...it was weird...but she had gotten her answer when it came to her father...

"But that's...thats just crazy..."

Was it possible that she was simply reading too much into it? Maybe she had simply been thinking of her father as this perfect being all this time that she never really saw him?

No...she knew his flaws...and they came in the form of people...a lot of people...those in which he trusted or had been placed to be trusted by him....

She had been there from the start, and even he hadn't been sure of his position..despite her praise of him when she was a child. But he grew from it...sought out the truth and was able to find something that allowed him to have power...

It was faith....wasn't it?

Faith in people...something Arashi hadn't found until late...and it had managed to give her something she hadn't felt in years....hope...

His faith was what gave him power...not in a god or in any form of higher power...but in people...those that he trusted and believed in...

It was why he had picked her...why he never in his life considered the chance that he might have to kill her..it was faith...

Faith..that she might one day be the person that he saw her to be...someone of...

Of...

"Gahh!!"

Arashi would find herself looking to the side as she ruffled her hair at the thought of it. It couldn't be that simple....there was no way...it couldn't be...just one ideal. Where all other leaders failed, he was hinging everything on the simple idea of faith in people? Impossible....people were so easy to corrupt and so swift to turn on you.

And yet...that wasn't always the case...she had seen it..in the eyes of her friends...her trusted mentors....her family...

"Theres just no way...I'm looking at it wrong...I'm missing something...dad isn't stupid..he wouldn't just..."

Arashi could see the missing piece, but she didn't want to admit it...it was so..risky and unknown that...a part of her didn't want to see it. Thinking like her father, she'd imagine something more complex, something more theoritical...anything...but where all other leaders relied on strength, passion, loyalty...power..influences...he would take something like faith in others and use it as a platform to give him what he needed?

She couldn't just accept it..could she?..was it so hard?....

Rising up from her place on the side, her eyes would widen as she recall how she had managed to calm a storm for only a few moments...that required some strength of faith that she'd get this far. But what of her condition? What of her own fears? Didn't she have the right to consider those options too?

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS