transitional guard duty - [inari]

compose a reply
transitional guard duty - [inari]Sept 16, 2020 11:27:12 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
With the number of shinobi around, the administrative division of the academy building is a great place to temporarily place individuals transitioning from one duty to another. Though the Hokage's office itself needs to be attended by her personal bodyguards, the rest of the grounds have a more relaxed atmosphere. It's an academy largely for the education of children, after all, and several levels of security would have to be breached for a threat to even get close to the building. 

Tomomi is of a slightly paranoid disposition, though. So partway through the day, they decide it wouldn't hurt to check on Inari. Make certain all is going well, perhaps get to know the young woman a little better. They temporarily excuse themself from their work and head out to find her. 

"Good afternoon, Kimura Inari," they greet. "I'm Yamanaka Tomomi. I wanted to see how your day was going." 
Cocoa has written 693 posts
transitional guard duty - [inari]Sept 19, 2020 3:50:11 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
I am on nobody’s side for nobody is on my side. Nobody cares for the trees.
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,400i,700|Montserrat:800]

[newclass=.snakeEyesPost] --snakeEyesAccent:#4b9c3d; [/newclass]

[attr="class","se-LIGHTVER"]

[attr="class","snakeEyesPost"]
[attr="class","snakeEyesHeader"]

you kept rolling

snake eyes

[attr="class","snakeEyesBody"]

Inari was hanging about the academy area, her watchful gaze inspecting those who came and went. Most were children or teachers, others seemed to be parents dropping by with lunches or to pick up an unruly child who had been dismissed for the day. It was boring work, unless you could bear witness to a prank being set up as she had been in the early hours of her shift, but it was necessary work. Many of the students were clan descendants, enemy villages who wished to fell the forces of Konoha or ensure the population of the kekkei genkai clans was kept down could target the place… And with the things inari had seen it was not a totally unlikely scenario. [break]
[break]

The chuunin had dressed in a simple dark tan long sleeve with a high collar, her flak jacket on top and paired it with a pair of blue pants. Her thigh holster was on her leg and the pouch on her belt. Her mask was at home, but she was ready to answer suspicious behavior and possible attacks with full force. Her burnt orange hair was tied back and into a ponytail, it helped give the illusion that it wasn’t thinning. [break]
[break]

It was while she was seated on the top of a wall and gazing over the academy that the Hokage’s assistant found her. Yamanaka Tomomi. She looked up at her with a smile it didn’t quite reach her mocha brown eyes, but her tone and smile were friendly.
"Nothing to report. Though the kids are as active and[break]
[break]
unruly as ever.”
She returned her gaze to the building.
"Everything good on your end?”[break]
[break]

Perhaps she was needed? She was not 100% retired yet, debriefing was a longer process for members of the ANBU it seemed.

[break][break]

notes
--

[attr="class","snakeEyesCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.se-LIGHTVER] --snakeEyesBG:#ececec; --snakeEyesLightBG:#f3f3f3; --snakeEyesBorder:#ddd; --snakeEyesText:#6a6a6a; --snakeEyesLightText:#aaa; --snakeEyesH2:#3a3a3a; --snakeEyesShadow:#fff; [/newclass]

[newclass=.se-DARKVER] --snakeEyesBG:#333; --snakeEyesLightBG:#444; --snakeEyesBorder:#666; --snakeEyesText:#aaa; --snakeEyesLightText:#888; --snakeEyesH2:#eee; --snakeEyesShadow:#222; [/newclass]

[newclass=.snakeEyesPost] width:500px; background-color:#ececec; background-color:var(--snakeEyesBG); border-radius:10px; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader img] width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:100%; padding:7.5px; background-color:var(--snakeEyesLightBG);border:3px solid #ddd; border:3px solid var(--snakeEyesBorder); border-right:3px solid var(--snakeEyesAccent); border-radius-top-left:0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader div] height:205px; width:205px; border-radius:100%; display:flex; align-items:center; flex-shrink:0; justify-content:center; margin-left:-35px; margin-top:-35px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader div:after] content:''; position:absolute; height:190px; width:190px; border:5px dashed var(--snakeEyesAccent); border-radius:100%; animation:8s linear infinite snakeEyesSpin; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes snakeEyesSpin { 0% { transform:rotate(0deg); } 100% { transform:rotate(360deg); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesPost:hover .snakeEyesHeader div:after] animation-play-state:running; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader span] height:170px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; justify-content:flex-end; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader h1] width:280px; height:75px; margin:25px; text-align:left; font:800 50px/50px Montserrat; text-transform:uppercase; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), -1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader h2] margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; width:280px; font:bold 30px 'Signerica Fat'; color:#3a3a3a; color:var(--snakeEyesH2); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), -1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow); } @font-face { font-family:Signerica Fat; src:url(//dl.dropbox.com/s/o5tlpkcxt7qwgj1/Signerica_Fat.ttf) format('truetype');[/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div] padding:50px; margin:25px; border-radius:10px; text-align:justify; background-color:var(--snakeEyesLightBG); color:#6a6a6a; color:var(--snakeEyesText); font:400 11px/15px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div:nth-child(2)] color:var(--snakeEyesLightText); text-align:justify; padding:10px 25px; margin:25px; display:flex; justify-content:space-between; align-items:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div a] font:800 11px/15px roboto; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); padding:0px 0px 0px 25px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody b] font:700 11px/15px roboto; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody i] color:var(--snakeEyesLightText); border-bottom:1px solid var(--snakeEyesAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesCredit] font:700 7px roboto; margin-left:425px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesCredit a] font:700 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
Moro has written 410 posts
transitional guard duty - [inari]Sept 19, 2020 4:36:14 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Quite alright. Trust me, if there was a problem, I wouldn't be so leisurely about it," she jokes, or maybe assures. Inari has no doubt been taught to be constantly on edge. And that's a good lesson to learn, of course, danger can be around any bend, but having an anxious and antsy shinobi outside the academy might raise concerns. They check her over quickly. She doesn't seem strained at all. With the posture, she looks more bored than anything else. That's a fair reaction. Going from the field to sitting around on top of a wall watching after children must be a jump in engagement, even if both jobs are equally necessary. Inari is putting on a polite conversational façade, but that smile seems forced. Or maybe tired. Perhaps they should try to entertain her. 

She looks out over the grounds. Most everyone is in classes at the moment, so the only ones milling about are on their way to training. "I just wanted to drop by and make sure all was going well, no one's given you any trouble. As you said, the children can be unruly," she says, in a conspiratorial tone, like the two of them are gossiping. "I haven't worked in this position all that long, but I swear this group is particularly bold. I've had to interrupt a few attempts to set pranks in the administrative wing... But I suppose children will be children." 

They take a step back from the wall and ask, "Would you like to walk a while? I feel bad making you sit around all afternoon." 
transitional guard duty - [inari]Sept 26, 2020 16:28:28 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice

you kept rolling

snake eyes

The assistant looked much like the other Yamanaka Inari knew of or had seen. Often they were blonde, some even had such blonde hair it seemed to attempt to outshine the golden crops in farmer’s fields outside of the village. Beautiful, but as such a trait often was, it was deceitful and the Yamanaka’s hijutsu was something Inari never hoped to be subject to - at least the techniques she had seen employed during her career. [break][break]
A quiet nod would show she agreed with the blonde’s statement about children, her gaze wandering over the terrain below, her mind going over the events of her shift to check if she had anything to report which might not have jumped to the forefront of her mind when the blonde had asked. It would be interrupted as the other offered the chance at a change in scenery. With a light chuckle Inari got to her feet, a smile on her lips as she answered: [break][break]
"That’d be lovely, Tomomi. It is no problem though; I get up and stretch every now and then.” [break][break]
She would follow with the assistant as they walked, did they have anything specific in mind they perhaps wanted to talk with her about? It did linger as a worry in the back of her mind, but for the first few moments she’d leave it up to the blonde what direction they wanted to take the conversation.
[break][break]

notes
--

[newclass=.se-LIGHTVER] --snakeEyesBG:#ececec; --snakeEyesLightBG:#f3f3f3; --snakeEyesBorder:#ddd; --snakeEyesText:#6a6a6a; --snakeEyesLightText:#aaa; --snakeEyesH2:#3a3a3a; --snakeEyesShadow:#fff; [/newclass]

[newclass=.se-DARKVER] --snakeEyesBG:#333; --snakeEyesLightBG:#444; --snakeEyesBorder:#666; --snakeEyesText:#aaa; --snakeEyesLightText:#888; --snakeEyesH2:#eee; --snakeEyesShadow:#222; [/newclass]

[newclass=.snakeEyesPost] width:500px; background-color:#ececec; background-color:var(--snakeEyesBG); border-radius:10px; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader img] width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:100%; padding:7.5px; background-color:var(--snakeEyesLightBG);border:3px solid #ddd; border:3px solid var(--snakeEyesBorder); border-right:3px solid var(--snakeEyesAccent); border-radius-top-left:0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader div] height:205px; width:205px; border-radius:100%; display:flex; align-items:center; flex-shrink:0; justify-content:center; margin-left:-35px; margin-top:-35px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader div:after] content:''; position:absolute; height:190px; width:190px; border:5px dashed var(--snakeEyesAccent); border-radius:100%; animation:8s linear infinite snakeEyesSpin; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes snakeEyesSpin { 0% { transform:rotate(0deg); } 100% { transform:rotate(360deg); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesPost:hover .snakeEyesHeader div:after] animation-play-state:running; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader span] height:170px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; justify-content:flex-end; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader h1] width:280px; height:75px; margin:25px; text-align:left; font:800 50px/50px Montserrat; text-transform:uppercase; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), -1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader h2] margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; width:280px; font:bold 30px 'Signerica Fat'; color:#3a3a3a; color:var(--snakeEyesH2); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), -1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow); } @font-face { font-family:Signerica Fat; src:url(//dl.dropbox.com/s/o5tlpkcxt7qwgj1/Signerica_Fat.ttf) format('truetype');[/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div] padding:50px; margin:25px; border-radius:10px; text-align:justify; background-color:var(--snakeEyesLightBG); color:#6a6a6a; color:var(--snakeEyesText); font:400 11px/15px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div:nth-child(2)] color:var(--snakeEyesLightText); text-align:justify; padding:10px 25px; margin:25px; display:flex; justify-content:space-between; align-items:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div a] font:800 11px/15px roboto; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); padding:0px 0px 0px 25px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody b] font:700 11px/15px roboto; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody i] color:var(--snakeEyesLightText); border-bottom:1px solid var(--snakeEyesAccent); [/newclass]
transitional guard duty - [inari]Sept 26, 2020 17:00:05 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Still, I know transitioning from your previous job to this one must be a jarring adjustment," Tomomi says, still attempting to keep the conversation as light and casual as they are able. It isn't their personal business what Inari decided to step down from Anbu, even if they are terminally curious and nosy in most matters. Given their position they have the barest of inklings, but delving into the personal matters of shinobi is against the privacy rules for a reason. "We'll try not to keep you here for too long if we can help it." 

They just lead her along the paths outside the Academy, admiring the scenery. The place is well-kept, of course. It's at the heart of Konoha and needs to be a good representation of everything the village stands for. Despite the hyperness of the children, it is a calm job. Sometimes too calm, they think. They enjoy all the work they do as Hokage's assistant, but sometimes they do miss the frequent field work they used to do before they were promoted up to this role. 

"I was actually wondering if you had anything in mind for what you wanted to do next?" Tomomi ponders, tilting their head up slightly, thoughtful. Someone with training like Inari will probably be able to tell it's a put-upon bit of body language, performative. Many things about Tomomi's behaviors are performative, though. "The Hokage generally has final say in the assignment of positions, but I could maybe put a word in," they joke. Inari has a good enough reputation that she could probably get in wherever she likes on her own merit, no sway necessary, but it's still polite to offer. 
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 2, 2020 11:04:05 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull

you kept rolling

snake eyes

Mocha brown eyes watched Tomomi as they spoke, a smile tugging at her lips. [break][break]
"It is, but… No matter how much I hate it, there is not much one can do when your body works against you”[break][break]
Her gaze fell on the path ahead of her, eyes focusing in on the pebbles there instead of her walking companion. She didn’t enjoy saying goodbye to her job, it felt like she was cutting part of herself off. Like a severed limb and she knew all too well the stories of phantom pains and how haunting it could be. She hoped to shake it, or at least accept the melancholy her mind seemed seeped in. As if prompted, she would feel a cough pressing in her throat, her hand flexing in her pocket - curling into a fist. She would look to the blonde as they spoke, her features soon enough twisting and the chuunin turned and stopped to let the cough have its way. Her hand would come from her pocket, drawing a small package of soft paper towels. She made sure to pocket the bloody paper as she turned back to the Hokage assistant, giving them a small, apologetic smile, clearing her throat before answering. [break][break]
"I was planning on moving to a small cottage my family visited when I was a child. It is a bit out in nowhere but had meadows and trees. So, unless it is something, I could do without having to show up anywhere, then I’ll gladly do it. "[break][break]
Inari would walk a bit more, focusing on drawing in her breath at a steady pace - still recovering somewhat from the coughing fit. Then, with her attention now on a class out for a small break. [break][break]
"Do you know of the sage? She offered I could stay with her for a bit, so I might do that. She is interesting.”
[break][break]

notes
--

transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 2, 2020 12:25:41 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
She watches the coughing fit with sympathy. If she had any medical prowess at all, she would offer some kind of aid. Unfortunately, most of what she knows is emergency aid for injuries. Mysterious withering illnesses are not exactly her forte. Would it be more polite to express concern about it or to simply let the conversation continue as if it had not happened? Inari doesn't seem particularly keen on lingering on it. It might seem like misplaced pity if Tomomi fusses too much. 

"I do know of her. Arimura Kasumi. Though I have not had much opportunity to speak with her personally. She carries quite a reputation." They shift their gaze to the children running about. They're always so excitable. Sharing what they've learned in class with one another or rough-housing unnecessarily with their new skills. Sometimes pulling minor pranks with jutsu, for the more advanced of them. 

"I think that sounds like a wonderful opportunity. She has been around a long while. I'm sure she would have some fascinating things to teach you." That is often the way when someone loses their field, after all. You return to education. You learn a new trade. Decommissioned shinobi often pick up other family businesses, or obtain new, less demanding jobs. Even briefly living alongside a sage is interesting as far as options go. "Has she asked anything in trade for you staying with her, or would it merely be a place of lodging?" 
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 19, 2020 8:09:15 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull

you kept rolling

snake eyes

Inari would stuff her hands in her pockets and glance at the blonde when they spoke. The sage was a strange one. Yet, she wasn’t scary. Not in the same way some of her colleagues were. Kasumi was… Her own. Living after her own ideals, dancing to the beat of another drum, of another master. Nature, if you asked some, none if you asked others. Either way, the offer was one she had found herself wanting to take on more after their meeting in the woods. Inari would nod softly.[break][break]
"It is a great opportunity. I am not sure if I have what it takes, but she seems to think I might. So… it is something I can occupy my time with, that is for sure.”[break][break]
Even if it was simply something to distract from boredom or the doubts about her resignation to her own death which had been creeping closer at an alarming place considering her age and previous health history. Spotless. Until this made itself known. [break][break]
"Just that I focus on it. On her. It is… She isn’t a shinobi. She is guardian, so some of her thoughts will likely clash with what I have been taught here.”[break][break]
The words were accompanied by the soft shrug of her shoulders. The chuunin was not sure what the Sage wanted, yes, she had mentioned what she wanted, but beneath that, she had to want something more. It had felt as if the woman had been holding something back, only letting her see the tip of the iceberg while the sage kept the interesting pieces of information to herself. Mocha brown eyes would glance at the blonde, searching the features for a moment. Considering just how much the assistant knew.
Missions and ANBU work were better left alone. It had been in her contract. All she did was secret. If asked she had no hand in anything. It had to remain so. She’d take her victories and failures with her to the grave. [break][break]
"How does the Lady Hokage fare?”
[break][break]

notes
--

transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 19, 2020 18:26:09 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
That's true. Shinobi have routines, rules, laws drilled into their head in such a specific way. The Anbu more than anyone else, in fact. It is, truly, an unnatural way to live. So it makes sense that it would be in contention with Kasumi's beliefs. Even though she has allied herself with this village, she is closer to a force of nature than to anything else. A lot of what she'll have to say to Inari will likely conflict with her Academy lessons, but worldly experience and differing opinions are never a bad thing, when applied rationally. They just broaden horizons. 

Tomomi looks back. Inari has a searching gaze, like she's curious about something, but doesn't want to say. That's the Anbu, too, they're sure. It's a good idea for her not to say anything if that's the case. Even though Tomomi has worked with the Anbu in the past and has no hang-ups about their less savory missions whatsoever, very few of those missions actually cross her desk. He wouldn't rat Inari out if she disclosed anything minor, but Inari also has no way of knowing that. 

Inari is a keen and competent girl. Tomomi's sure from this brief meeting that the Sage will be able to teach her at least something interesting. 

"Oh, she's doing well. She's busy, always is this time of year." This is Tomomi's first year on the job, so she's only heard as much, but her experiences so far this year lead her to believe it's the case. "Chuunin exams going on means paperwork on paperwork. I have a pile... this high," she holds a hand at about waist-level, "on my desk every morning, and she probably has more. So whatever comes, at least you can be thankful you're not retiring to a desk job, hm?" She jokes. They know that whatever Inari is enduring is no doubt more troublesome than filing papers, but maybe some levity will do her well. 
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 23, 2020 2:56:57 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
Inari hummed, nodded as well, as her only confirmation that what Tomomi told her matched with what information Inari held on the Hokage’s life and schedule. She had even met her once - outside of work. At the beach… It seemed so frightfully long ago now. Mocha eyes would follow Tomomi’s gestures as they spoke, her eyes widening as she pulled a grimace at the waist high pile of paperwork. She let out a puff of air, some weak imitation of a chuckle.

"Yeah! I think I’d grow mold. Or grey hairs before my time and then I’d really be in trouble! My Mom says grey haired ladies never get married. But… Inari the spinster doesn’t sound too bad, does it?”

Her brows raised a little at her own joke. She was definitely not comfortable gushing about Chisai to just anyone. She had told Kazuto, but Tomomi? Inari knew them not as well as she did the ANBU Captain. The smile, however, lingered a little longer, laughter still clinging as sparks in her eyes. It wasn’t for a lack of trying, but when you were tired, realy tired, the type a good night’s sleep couldn’t hope to fix, it was hard not to space out and let your mind wander down duller avenues.

"You know, I never thought I’d get this far. I thought I’d just be a running around catching cats and parrots for nobles, escorting people places. How many can say they completed their shinobi training and retired?”

She had to find some good in it all. Sure, she never made it past chuunin, but many never did make it further. Some died, some liked this level of responsibility just fine. And Inari? She had been good at her job. The latter part of her career however spoke for itself and of her decline in health.
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 23, 2020 18:13:24 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Retiring really was something of a feat in this line of work. When your work is on the battlefield, death is a possibility you face every single day. Great shinobi go down all the time. Tomomi had worked with ANBU in the past, so they also know how particularly prone that segment of the force is to an early demise. The fact that Inari made it this far is impressive. They hope she's not saying it to herself as a platitude. 

"Not many people," Tomomi agrees. "You're among storied ranks in your line of work. You may not be retiring fully on your own terms..., but it's still an accomplishment. Thank you for serving Konoha all this time." Everyone needs some appreciation for their efforts every now and again. 

"Hopefully you'll get some good rest, and some good direction. And maybe you'll find something you like doing even more than you enjoyed this career." It's always possible. Even if the sage life isn't for her, she could pick up literally any line of work and set about it. Even if her illness is severe enough that time is short, no reason not to squeeze every last minute of enjoyment out of it possible. 

"If there's ever anything I can do for you, let me know. I'm busy, of course, but I live alone- bordering on a spinster myself," they joke. "I have a relatively flexible schedule." 
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 26, 2020 18:08:49 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
For some reason… The thank you settled liked a stone in her stomach. Why was it so hard to accept what she had done had been an aide to Konohagakure? Why did it make her tongue feel like lead and her throat tying knots on itself? She didn’t know.
But she appreciated the gratitude.

A closed-lip smile would answer the thanks, her eyes falling to the ground for a moment. What Kasumi could offer her would be an interesting chapter. One she had not expected, but also one she definitely did not want to turn down. Not when it gave her those excited type of butterflies in her belly and she had more reason to brave the day and exit her home.
Caramel mocha eyes met with Tomomi’s and a smile cracked at the joke.

"I’m definitely down to grab some dinner or something at some time, if you want? Kazuto works all the time, which was fine when I did the same, but you can’t call it weekly movie night if it only happens every second month”
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 26, 2020 18:34:28 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"You surely can't," Tomomi agrees. The idea of Kazuto having movie nights is somewhat interesting. They don't know Kazuto particularly well, so it's not surprising that they wouldn't know much about his hobbies. They've spoken to him directly exactly once, in fact. But he has the air of a man who rarely does things for fun. Well, that's not true. Who rarely does things others would call fun; he has his own hobbies that he seems to put his whole heart into and that's surely entertaining to him. But dealing with others, that's another story. Inari is calm enough; that's probably why they get along. 

"I would be happy to grab a meal with you. How about once you've settled in in your new temporary home?" Tomomi inquires. "You know where I work. It will be easy enough to find me." If they don't happen to be out on a mission on the day she comes asking. They've been thinking about going out and doing some more of those lately. It's been a while since she's gone on an away mission, given her focus on maintaining the barrier, and acclimating herself to the Hokage's office, and all those busy things. 

"Unfortunately, I probably should make my way back to my office now. And I've probably taken up enough of your time," they say, looking out at the students playing about. There isn't much going on out here, even still. And hopefully it will stay that way. 
transitional guard duty - [inari]Oct 30, 2020 8:55:12 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull

you kept rolling

snake eyes

Inari nodded, one hand fiddling around in her pocket before it pulled out a scrap of paper, she padded down her pockets, finding she was short a pen. Her face would pull into a slightly displeased grimace, before she fixed Tomomi with a set of almost apologetic mocha eyes. [break][break]
"You don’t happen to have a pen? I’ll give you the address”[break][break]
If she didn’t Inari would stuff the paper back into her pocket, simply granting the other an easy smile to go along with her reply; "yeah, can’t let your break drag on too long or they’ll likely think you have gone and jumped in a well to escape the paperwork. I’ll see you later when I finish here.”[break][break]
She still had to report back in to announce she had finished and deliver her findings. They’d likely be short and uninteresting. But it had been nice to have a little company. It was certainly more than she had expected from the busy Hokage office. Inari was not really anyone of note after all. Just a girl, former chuunin, and without a clan. On paper - the ones others might happen to see- would detail her as a diligent and dedicated shinobi, who went on missions and did her job. She pulled no great feats, saved no notable nobles, but… Inari knew she had done her best to serve the village. She had answered its call and now perhaps it was time to answer another one. One she perhaps aligned with more than she did the first she had answered.
[break][break]

notes
--