compose a reply
Wood Release: Taijutsu [1]Oct 21, 2020 2:06:58 GMT -5
Senju Kohana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Senju Kohana Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
enhanced chakra sa / Mokuton / tai spec. / konoha
While Wood Release has been traditionally seen as an advanced elemental ninjutsu aspect, there is another facet to its application. This fighting style is derived from the spiritual aspect of the Senju-Kannon (Thousand-Arm Goddess of Mercy). The physical likeness of the bodhisattva is used as the impetus for the fighting style, relying upon a thousand arms of aggressive and/or defensive capability. A known hand-to-hand combatant, this style was developed by Senju Kohana, to utilize her natural born affinity for wood release in tandem with her taijutsu talent. Being formed around wood release, this niche fighting style can only be found in the Hidden Leaf Village.

NAME: Shinrinyoku Shingon [Forest Bathing Mantra]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Activation] | Medium [Drain]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: Mokuton
HANDSEALS: None

DESCRIPTION:
More prayer than jutsu. The user gives reverence to the Senju-Kannon by offering a token of mercy, using a "seedling" of their own chakra. The minimal amount of chakra is enough to invoke the sprouting of the Senju-Kannon. In this state, the user sacrifices the ability to perform subsequent techniques that draw upon chakra, save for the techniques of wood release / taijutsu / "pure" non-elemental chakra. Like a seed feeding upon nutrients to grow, the Senju-Kannon begins its draw upon the user's chakra reserves. With this technique the user unlocks the needed  requirement to perform the techniques underneath this parent jutsu. The Senju-Kannon blesses the user with an otherworldly hand speed, and power behind every palm thrust. It also allows a natural growth of up-to 1000 wooden arms to aide the user in aspects of combat. This is the fundamental technique needed to access the true power of the martial style.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Man no Te  [Blooming Ninja Art: 10,000 Hands]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
REQUIREMENT: Shinrinyoku Shingon [Active]

DESCRIPTION:
With the activation of Shinrinyoku Shingon, the user finds significant reinforcement in the summoned aspect of the Senju-Kannon. Used either offensively or defensively, the Senju-Kannon sprouts a thousand wooden hands from the back and the rib cage of the user - to supplement the force and presence of the user's strike. These wooden hands are made in the same proportion to the user's - but allow the access of a hundred possible avenues for blocking or an offensive strike. This is a much stronger version of its lesser jutsu - and is infused with a greater measure of strength and speed from the Senju-Kannon. This technique provides enough strength to bring maim and wound a bijuu with successive strikes and relentless offense. - This jutsu deviates from its lesser in that each of the thousand hands perform a rapid succession of ten palm thrust, each of them bearing the full might and speed of the Senju-Kannon.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Sen no Te  [Blooming Ninja Art: 1000 Hands]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

DESCRIPTION:
With the activation of Shinrinyoku Shingon, the user finds significant reinforcement in the summoned aspect of the Senju-Kannon. Used either offensively or defensively, the Senju-Kannon sprouts a hundred wooden hands from the back and the rib cage of the user - to supplement the force and presence of the user's strike. These wooden hands are made in the same proportion to the user's - but allow the access of a hundred possible avenues for blocking or an offensive strike. This is a much stronger version of its lesser jutsu - and is infused with a greater measure of strength and speed from the Senju-Kannon. Each of these hundred hands make a string of ten thrust. This technique provides enough strength to bring pain and stymie a bijuu.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Hyaku no Te  [Blooming Ninja Art: 100 Hands]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low

DESCRIPTION:
With the activation of Shinrinyoku Shingon, the user finds significant reinforcement in the summoned aspect of the Senju-Kannon. Used either offensively or defensively, the Senju-Kannon sprouts a ten wooden hands from the back and the rib cage of the user - to supplement the force and presence of the user's strike. These wooden hands are made in the same proportion to the user's - but allow the access of a hundred possible avenues for blocking or an offensive strike. Each hand makes a series of ten quick fluid palm thrust.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Yoitowarui no Ne  [Blooming Ninja Art: Root of Good and Evil]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [1m-<15m] | Medium [>15m-25m]

DESCRIPTION:
With the activation of Shinrinyoku Shingon, the user gives their all for the Senju-Kannon's nourishment. In return she blesses the user with the power of growth. The user's arms take on the aspect of the tree growing to an extreme length [25 Meters] in a short amount of time. The user's arm also thickens with the arm taking on more wooden traits in such short time. The stump of this log arm is at the palm which has grown in proportion to the rest of the arm. This jutsu brings utilization for both offensive and defensive means, however as soon as the user retracts and pulls their arm back the sudden growth reverses just as fast, the Senju-Kannon giving the user their arm back.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Ki o Hanareru  [Blooming Ninja Art: Tree Leaving]

DESCRIPTION:
The Senju-Kannon lends her ultimate mercy to the user. This technique is a step above a simple log substitution technique. While bracing for potential disaster, the user sheds a layer of themselves - dodging out of harms way and leaving a bark shell imitation of themselves as a ruse. The user must have full awareness of the strike to come, in order to focus the forced growth of bark prior to impact.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Tenōri [Blooming Ninja Art: Caged Hand]

DESCRIPTION:
With the activation of Shinrinyoku Shingon, the user sees their defensive capability grow. By grabbing the center of their forearm with their opposite hand - the Senju-Kannon sprouts a series of arms mimicking the clutching position of the user's own arms. These wooden arms quickly sprout at an arch from the small of the user's neck - and form a protective dome of [10 meters] in diameterof interlinked wooden arms infused with chakra. This wood holds strong against most weapons and ninja tools unaided by chakra. It also stands stalwart against immense physical pressure (C-Rank Taijutsu/Ninjutsu). And it can also be used as a quick means of capture, given the proper proximity of the user and their opponent.

NAME: Ōkukaika Ninpō: Juhi no Bōgyo [Blooming Ninja Art: Bark Defensive]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Activation] | Low [Drain]

DESCRIPTION:
With its parent jutsu active, this technique provides a quick and effective defense for the user. When engaged in combat, the user's physical aspects are significantly bolstered. Over the user's dermal layer, the user takes on the ethereal aspect of a dense tree bark. The Senju-Kannon feeding from the user's chakra to lend its support in defense. While this defense is not absolute, it provides the bulk of its protective production in warding against physical pressure. The composition of the bark is chiefly used against hand-to-hand combatants and bukijutsu users. In most practical cases, a base shinobi tool (non-chakra enhanced) or strike (D-C Rank, Non-Tai Spec/Strength SA) used against the user would provide little damage against their defense.
last edit by Senju Kohana on Oct 23, 2020 18:29:10 GMT -5
Ranger has written 1 posts
Wood Release: Taijutsu [1]Nov 4, 2020 1:03:22 GMT -5
Haru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Haru Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Ok. I apologize for the delay so let us get with the review.

Unfortunately the techniques although they have good ideas will require some work to make them usable in the site. 

General -

While I understand that techniques that are Taijutsu don't require no hand seals the level of complexity of the techniques make me think more of ninjutsu that supplements taijutsu/bukijutsu. Also some of this techniques strike me more like something you'd gain from a religion/ 

Shinrinyoku Shingon [Forest Bathing Mantra] -

The aspect of the Senju Cannon reminds me a lot to praying to a religion, thus gaining a blessing of a deity, therefore not being able to use techniques save for mokuton and taijutsu. This two need to be separate entities and I can't give it a pass. Now if a technique gives a power up It needs to be passive, like slight strength boost, speed boost, etc. The big problem I have with this technique is that it allows you to grow a 1000 arms from your back and I think there's a problem of coordination here, with the amount of arms the character will produce It will be hard to track each and every arm, sure you can overwhelm but not have finesse and you might actually hit and hurt yourself in the process. Also, the sheer number of arms makes any boost of strength and speed negligible, in fact you could say that you're actually hindered by the amount of limbs. 

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Man no Te [Blooming Ninja Art: 10,000 Hands] 

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Sen no Te [Blooming Ninja Art: 1000 Hands]

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Hyaku no Te [Blooming Ninja Art: 100 Hands] 

Again this is the problem I addressed before. You can't possibly coordinate that number of arms, doesn't matter if it ranges from 10k to just a mere hundred as the brain is wired to track two limbs and the digits at the end of each finger. This is the reason why you don't see boxers, for example, flails both arms at the same time, they can coordinate moves and faints, but attacking with both arms decreased the effectiveness in most cases. 

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Yoitowarui no Ne [Blooming Ninja Art: Root of Good and Evil] -

This technique reminds me to Mokuton: Daijurin no Jutsu [Wood Release: Great Forest technique] which basically does the same although this one only seemed to create a single stump of a tree. 

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Ki o Hanareru [Blooming Ninja Art: Tree Leaving] -

This reminds me to a lesser version of Mokuton: Mori no Yoroi [Wood Release: Forest Armor] only that it is applied to a section rather than to the entire body. 

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Tenōri [Blooming Ninja Art: Caged Hand] -

I actually think this is a pretty neat technique, although I think it is more of a nin than a tai. Again the whole fact of the parent technique 

Ōkukaika Ninpō: Juhi no Bōgyo [Blooming Ninja Art: Bark Defensive] -

Again, this technique reminds me of Mokuton: Mori no Yoroi and I feel it is redundant since one does create a proper armor around your body. 

Solutions?

Now for the most part the ideas behind the techniques aren't bad. But I feel the general sense of the techniques is that it strikes me more as Ninjutsu that could supplement taijutsu. I would start by removing the quasi-religious aspects of the technique. Also instead of just trying to use arms to pummel your opponent directly, you could create them around you, almost like a porcupine trying to defend itself for example.

Other techniques might need to be re-written as they're rather redundant with existing material. 
has written 164 posts