Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]

compose a reply
Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 26, 2020 13:48:34 GMT -5
Hyūga Yosuke
A man who hungers only for power is a man doomed to starve.
Hyūga Yosuke Avatar
groupnull
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Advanced Genin occupation Squad 2
[nospaces]
[attr="class","konoha_container"]

[attr="class","konoha_content"]

Another mission, another chance to prove himself. Yosuke couldn’t get enough of that. There was a determination within him that thrived on his own success. As good as that was, it was equally as heartbreaking with the crumbling of his failures. He has such little experience in the way of missions, though certainly more than most Genin. He was, after all, an Advanced Genin. Thus far, however, Yosuke found that his missions had been meaningless, at least they felt that way. With petty little side quests being the only thing under his belt, he was excited to get a chance at a mission of a higher rank. A C-rank, at that. It was only his second C-rank. He still had the thirst to improve himself, and he swore he would through this mission.[break][break]

This mission would not require him to travel quite as far, but its importance spoke to him on a personal level. Wolves were terrorizing the people of his village and the roads leading to it. As much as he enjoyed the company of animals, they could be left alone to block off the trade and travel routes. They were the life of Konoha and what essentially kept it alive. A month of terror was long enough. [break][break]

With his bo staff in hand, Yosuke made his way to the gates of the village. The end of the metal staff pressed against the earth with each step as he used it to pace himself. He practiced spins along the way. As good as he was with the staff, he still had a lot to learn compared to the other tools in his kit. Making use of his bo staff in combination with his Gentle Fist needed a lot of work. It was something that he hoped to improve on with this mission as well. [break][break]

As he arrived at the gate, he waved to the two guards. Yosuke knew he was being paired with a Chuunin, but that was all of the information he had been given. He wasn’t sure if it was someone he even knew or not, or even if it was a face he might recognize. It wasn’t helpful in the way of waiting to meet up. Yosuke banked on the hope that the Chuunin he was grouping with would know who he was at least.

[break]  

[googleFont=roboto, Open Sans Condensed]

[newclass=.konoha_container] margin: auto; width: 400px; max-height: 100%; padding: 0; background-color: #f0f0f0; border: 30px solid #f2f2f2; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.konoha_content]font-family: roboto; text-align: justify; color: #777;padding: 20px; background-color: #f9f9f9; margin: auto; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.konoha_content b] color: #337733; [/newclass]

[newclass=.konoha_content i] color: #337733; [/newclass]
Azunai has written 14 posts
Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 26, 2020 19:47:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Yin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Yin Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday 12/21 rank Chūnin occupation Ops. 2 Members

A C rank... sounds simple. Though if wolves easily attacked and ravaged people for what the briefing says for an apparent month, it was apparent that these were not plain wolves. The damage to people they caused, and the body count, it was just too much for average animals. Wolves come in packs, right. Or at least a small one? Yin sighed as he gathered his amount of tools, I should probably get more, just in case Miho is right. Yin placed his fingers on his temple, just to the side of his eyes, closing them as he thought to himself. I pray to Inari to lead me down the path to reawaken my Sharingan. The Uchiha finished gathering his supplies before finally setting his foot outside.

Walking through the compound, the Uchiha did his best to figure who and what they were going to face outside. Usually, wolves are passive and timid around people, so is someone controlling them? One of the many questions that raced past the Uchiha's head, the next biggest was of course, who was this kid he was paired with? The briefing stated he was with a kid, well, Genin... kid, same thing. Just who it was, he doesn't know. It was definitely not an Uchiha as they would probably be traveling together, at least close enough to who it was. Eventually, the question changed to how to chase ofo wolves, if need be, kill them.

Yin snaked his hands into his pockets before seeing those eyes again. He had flashes of Hanabi for a second before shaking his head. "Hey you, what season is it?"

Tags
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 73 posts
Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 26, 2020 20:48:15 GMT -5
Hyūga Yosuke
Hyūga Yosuke Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

Yosuke turned to face the man. His rather rude introduction didn’t impress the Hyuuga. White eyes scaled up and down the Chuunin who the young Genin could only assume was his mission partner. Yosuke’s eyes furrowed as he cocked his head to the side. "Uh...season?” Confusion colored his voice. He tried his best to read the face of the black-haired male before him, but he could see no hint of a joke. It didn’t feel like a test of sorts either. Yosuke composed himself, crossing his arms across his chest. If the man needed to know the season, then he was either blind or impaired. "Look around you. What do you think?” It wasn’t hard to deduct what season it was just by looking at the trees. There’s no way he was being serious. [break][break]

"You’re the one who I’m traveling with?” Yosuke was of course skeptical. So far, his teammate didn’t seem promising. He lowered his hands, offering a slight bow of the head. Odd or not, the man before him was his senior. "I am Hyuuga Yosuke. I believe I was assigned to travel with you to rid of some wolves who have laid claim to the roads outside of the village.” This was all assuming he had the right guy. He brought up his bo staff, rest its length on his shoulders as he hung both arms over it. "So, what’s the plan, Captain?”

[break] 

[newclass=.konoha_container] margin: auto; width: 400px; max-height: 100%; padding: 0; background-color: #f0f0f0; border: 30px solid #f2f2f2; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.konoha_content]font-family: roboto; text-align: justify; color: #777;padding: 20px; background-color: #f9f9f9; margin: auto; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px;[/newclass]

last edit by Hyūga Yosuke on Oct 26, 2020 20:48:29 GMT -5
Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 27, 2020 21:00:36 GMT -5
Uchiha Yin
Uchiha Yin Avatar
groupnull

Idiot, it's hunting season. Yin gave a dry laugh at the boy after his response. He wasn't a fan of the boy, but he did have a bit of unintentional humor. The Uchiha nodded in response to the boy's question, fine with the fact it revealed who the hell he was babysitting. He listened to the boy's introduction and bowed when he gave his name. I figured he was a Hyūga. Yin stood up straight at the mention ofgoing out and hunting wolves. Yep... The Uchiha would think as he continued listening to the kid before he finally finished, calling the Uchiha 'Captain'.

"Name's Uchiha Yin. So, here's my plan. Obviously this is on the fly. You gu- Hyūgas are great sensors with their Byakugan, think you can sense those wolves out?" The Uchiha asked, waiting for some verbal confirmation. Regardless of the answer, Yin continued on, "I wouldn't say this for certain, but I think someone might have brought these wolves or there is something very wrong with them. Normal wolves are usually timid and avoid people especially in daylight, but these reports don't line up to the nature of the beasts'. Worse, it's a pack of them. Taking out the Alpha might scare them, but I personally don't want to risk it. What do you think?" Yin asked, trying to pry the boy for his opinion.

Since they do not know each other's skills, it is quite imperative they work as one mind, nothing shouts death like a clueless team.

Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 27, 2020 21:14:04 GMT -5
Hyūga Yosuke
Hyūga Yosuke Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

Yosuke nodded. "I can scan every detail up to 3km, but depending on how long I'm needing to search, it can drain my chakra quite fast. Finding the wolves shouldn't be a problem though.” Yosuke was confident in his skills using the Byakugan. It was imperative that he be able to give an exact location and head count on the pack of wolves. Missing a wolf could prove deadly. It made the Genin quite nervous just to think about it. If he missed one, that surprise could turn the tides of an otherwise large advantage going in.[break][break]

He listened attentively to Yin's plan proposal. "If that is true, they wouldn't be far from the pack. I'll pay close attention to any traps in the area around them. If they're being controlled in some way, I might even be able to snuff it out with my Byakugan.” Yosuke didn't know much about wolves, but he counted himself lucky that the Uchiha seemed to have some experience with the creatures.[break][break]

"I think you're right. We don't know what we're dealing with. There's also the possibility that they're sick or even protecting something near by. We won't know until I can get in there with my Byakugan. I say we wait until we can assess it further before deciding on a course of action.” The thought of the wolves being controlled put Yosuke in a state of uneasiness. If their behavior was off, this fight could prove to be more difficult than he originally imagined.

[break] 

Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 29, 2020 15:43:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Yin
Uchiha Yin Avatar
groupnull

"You're probably right, might just be rapid or something. There are no reports of an outside entity... Don't let my thinking distress you, I needed to expect every worse case scenario I could back on my old team." The Uchiha, there was truth in his white lie... more truth than lie, more like an omittance of detail. "Don't stress kid, this is just a C rank mission, you've been on plenty of those, right? Nothing truly goes wrong. More than likely, they're probably rapid or something." Yin stated as he started walking out of the village gates, motioning for the boy to follow.

The older male rested his hands behind his head, "I'm pretty sure the road is closed or people are too cautious right now, we should be able to go at an easy pace, reserve most of your stamina. I still want you to passively scan the area. I have no clue where these things went off to, we're going off reports, they said this road, they never specified where, so scan Yosuke, scan!" The Chuunin less ordered and more commanded. Something about this mission made the man more relaxed, it was nice, it let him breathe through the air; fresh air did the man well. Being outside, it did him well, lulling him out of depression... but throwing him to the wolves. Well, Yin and the kid.

last edit by Uchiha Yin on Oct 29, 2020 16:29:02 GMT -5
Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Oct 29, 2020 16:49:32 GMT -5
Hyūga Yosuke
Hyūga Yosuke Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","konoha_content"]Yosuke was always very calm minded. His brain didn't want to always go to worse case scenario. He was cautious, but he wasn't always expecting bad things to happen around him. That was something he knew would likely go away. The life of a shinobi wasn't so kind and if anything he'd have to worry about becoming some old scrooge who just knew the world was out to eat him alive. That seemed to be a fairly typical scenario.
[break][break]
He took Yin's words to heart though and allowed those thoughts to flow away and become more peaceful. Once agin, he was back on track for the mission. Yosuke shook his head, though. "Only one. I had to go to the Mountain Country for some herbs. Issei went with me. He's a Uchiha like yourself.” Yosuke was of course glad to have another chance at a higher rank mission.
[break][break]
He nodded, agreeing with the Chuunin's plan of action. He was right to suggest conserving their stamina. Getting there wouldn't be an issue, but if a fight came up Yosuke would need all the energy he could muster.
[break][break]
Yosuke closed his eyes, focusing his chakra to his eyes. Veins popped around his face his pupil's changed every so slightly. The look of tension in his eyes was a familiar sight to those who had seen the Byakugan at work. Yosuke started low, keeping his strength in check to scan only what he needed. His eyes flicked around, searching for anything around the size of a wolf and a little large than what he would expect.
[break][break]
His eyes furrowed. "There. To the northwest.” Yosuke counted carefully, extending his range to ensure he saw all of them there was to see. "I count seven.” He double checked. "I only see seven. I'm not picking anything else up, and their chakra network seems to be unaltered.”

[break] 

Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Nov 2, 2020 17:51:32 GMT -5
Moro
Always happy to help!
Moro Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank G-mod/ NPC- mod / WIKIA mod occupation
WOLVES OF ERROR, C RANK MISSION
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
WOLVES
The scents of the forest, earthy and filled to the brim with pine, was a safe haven for all animals. But… Sadly nature have its own way of regulating the population of the animals. Sometimes it was simply an infection, sometimes it was bad genes. In this case, it was a group of aggressive wolves who had supposedly been terrorizing the people traveling down a specific path.

It was indeed true that people had been nervous about the path, now it had come to them avoiding the path completely. The sight of the predators often set the animals pulling the caravans and wagons on edge and made them jumpy. No one wanted to travel a good length of time with a nervous animal at the head of your wagon. So, shinobi had been called in.

Yosuke would indeed see seven wolf shaped chakra networks, was it all? Maybe.

They would be resting in the safety of a small clearing with spikey brambles surrounding the entire thing. Their own little place of Hi no Kuni. Several old cans, bags and such were littered around the place, obviously stolen goods, food items now devoured. Would the shinobi approach them or would they take the path and wait for the wolves to find them? Expecting to steal whatever food they had. After all, why hunt when you could just as easily scare people into handing over their food?

BAD GUYS:

-
-
-
-

JUTSU USED:

-
-

last edit by Moro on Nov 2, 2020 17:51:58 GMT -5
Moro has written 277 posts
Wolves of Terror [ Mission / Yin ]Nov 3, 2020 20:32:33 GMT -5
Uchiha Yin
Uchiha Yin Avatar
groupnull

So this boy knew Issei? I'm glad I'm meeting his acquaintances but geez, who doesn't know you, bud? Yin quickly thought as he smiled at Yosuke. He allowed the boy to do exactly his part and the young Hyūga's sightings alleviated Yin's nerves only slightly. To see so many close to Konoha, it caused the Uchiha to sneer in anger; taking a deep breath, Yin reeled back his emotions. The Uchiha began to wander slowly down the road. "Are you sure you don't see anyone else? I'm not doubting your abilities, I just don't want more innocents hurt." The Uchiha spoke, hand reaching in his pouch for a Kunai.

"Moment of truth, Yosuke. I can't see them like you can. Do you think we should have you be the eyes and charge straight at them? Or set up a little wolf trappy trap up ahead? Both consist of you bearing the most risk, blame your clothes." The Chūnin started, gears turning as he thought of a plan. "Trust me, I can react and move faster. You walk down the road some more and if you can make so noise to draw them to you, like a clumsy nobleman, while you are walking; that will let me follow you from the trees and strike the pup closest to you. As long as we draw them out, we can mitigate any risk." Yin moved to put a hand on the boy's shoulder and look at him with a smile, waiting for the Genin to look at him.

"Be my eyes, boy. You tell me where they're coming from and I'll be there, I won't let them hurt you, don't let me down." The Uchiha said, good intentions in his words but not the most congratulatory of words. Being a shinobi was a big risk and who better to inform the boy than an Uchiha, the paradigm of realization.

Tags

SA(s) used:
Special Ability #1 - Sharingan (No Tomoe)

The seizure robbed more than just Yin's former combat abilities, it also robbed him of his Sharingan, leaving only his ability to reawaken it with work unbeknownst to him.

Special Ability #2 - Chakra Control

Being of Uchiha descent, Yin is able to control his chakra enough to use the minimum requirements of jutsus or able to strengthen certain attacks and jutsus by supplying more than the required amount of chakra. Ever under pressure, Yin can maintain a certain degree of control.

Special Ability #3 - Silent Killing

Having been promoted to Anbu, Yin underwent intensive training in the art of Silent Killing in order to be successful in his missions. Yin shows much promise in this trade like many of his Uchiha kin. He earned the nickname "Prince of Darkness" due to his assassination techniques that seemingly come from pure darkness (Despite of his Sharingan). Because of this, he moves as soft as a ghost, capable of taking multiple targets out without making a noise. Despite his great skill, he's human, which leaves room for error. (However, he has been capable of eliminating witnesses prior to being noticed.)

Jutsus used:
N/A

Equipment Used:
N/A