Hozuki Fugetsu Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday rank Chunin occupation Gate Guard
[attr="class","sharpTabs02"][PTabbedContent]
[PTab=
[attr="class","ion-waterdrop"]
]
[attr="class","plzSharp"]~0SD

Lightning struck. In a blink Hadzuki jumped to his rescue, and in a blink she was gone.

The ten year old boy’s eyes shot open as he held onto his chest wrapped in bandages. He was in a dimly lit hospital room laid out on a stretcher. It wasn’t his first time waking up here. For the past several days he was drifting in and out of consciousness from the jutsu and medications they were using to ease his pain. Each time he woke he hoped that it had all just been a nightmare. The image of his sister being struck so hard by a raiton technique that she dissolved was burned into his mind…

The medical shinobi hadn’t noticed he had woken up yet, or perhaps they felt they no longer needed to medicate him. He wasn’t sure yet. His parents were not there like they were the last couple of times, they were off handling the affairs of Hadzuki’s death and the endings of the war. His chest was painful, but he dared to peel the bandages back to take a look at it. There were large welts that came from the center of his chest that looked like tree branches running in all directions. He winced and fell back into his pillow, staring at the ceiling. He had already cried a lot. He felt guilty that he wasn’t crying now. Right now the academy student was feeling lonely and isolated.

[/PTab={codes}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","ion-map"]
]
[attr="class","plzSharp"]Tags and stuff

[/PTab={codes}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","ion-heart-broken"]
]
[attr="class","sharpnessInfo"]SPECIAL ABILITIES

Hozuki Hijutsu
From a young age Fugetsu has been trained by his clan to liquify his body. By expending chakra he can quickly liquify himself to avoid the attacks of incoming enemies, and even use his own body as a limited source for suiton techniques. Such power comes at a cost: he is incredibly vulnerable to raiton techniques, contact with electricity can incapacitate and leave him in a jelly-like state. Using Hozuki techniques also take their toll on his thirst, making him a glutton for fluids.

Chakra Control
Fugetsu has a good degree of chakra control built up from years of utilizing advanced mist techniques and genjutsu. His degree of control rivals that of the average special jounin.

Layered Genjutsu
After years of practicing genjutsu Fugetsu has discovered a trick that allows him to layer illusions with another by casting genjutsu on a target already under the sway of another. Neither jutsu may be above C-Rank and cannot share the same senses: the second jutsu overriding conflicts with the first illusion.

[/PTab={codes}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","ion-music-note"]
]
[attr="class","sharpnessInfo"]S-RANK

A-RANK

Shinra Banshō Dōka no Jutsu [All-Covering Forests and Ten Thousand Things Assimilate Technique]
SA&W

B-RANK
Amegakure [Hidden in the Rain]
Hozuki Ninjutsu

Kirisame [Mist Rain]
Village Ninjutsu

Kiri Kankaku kōtingu [Mist Sensory Coating]
Village Ninjutsu

C-RANK
Mizufūsen Hyo [Water Balloon Drift]
Hozuki Ninjutsu

Mizudeppo no jutsu [Water Gun Technique]
Hozuki Ninjutsu

Kiri Osen [Mist Pollution]
Village Ninjutsu

Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique]
Canon Non-Elemental Ninjutsu

Kori Shinchū no Jutsu - [Sly Mind Affect Technique]
Canon Genjutsu

Kaiyowai Omoi no Jutsu [Feeble Thoughts Technique]
Universal Genjutsu Index

D-RANK
Suika no jutsu [Hydrification Technique]
Hozuki Ninjutsu

Kirigakure no Jutsu [Hidden Mist Technique]
Canon Suiton Ninjutsu

Kinobori no Waza [Act of Tree Climbing]

Suimen Hokou no Waza [Act of Water Surface Walking]

E-RANK

Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]

Bunshin no Jutsu [Clone Technique]

Kawarimi no Jutsu [Substitution Technique]

Kakuremino no Jutsu [Cloak of Invisibility Technique]

Nawanuke no Jutsu [Rope Escape Technique]

[/PTab={codes}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","ion-checkmark"]
]
[attr="class","sharpnessInfo"]INVENTORY

[/PTab={codes}]
[/PTabbedContent={tabvalign:top;tabwidth:60px;tabs:side;}][newclass=".sharpTabs02"]width:500px;margin:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sharpTabs02 .PT_tabs"]font-size:30px;[/newclass][newclass=".sharpTabs02 .PT_tabs_hover"]font-size:30px;background-color:#efc0a5;[/newclass][newclass=".sharpTabs02 .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected"]background-color:#a5aeef;font-size:30px;[/newclass][newclass=".sharpTabs02 .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover"]font-size:30px;background-color:#efc0a5;[/newclass][newclass=".sharpTabs02 .PT_spots"]font-size:13px;min-height:300px;text-align: justify;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass=".plzSharp"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][newclass=".sharpnessInfo"]font-size:10px;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass="template by sharp, not for use outside of NFB w/o permission"]font-size:0px;[/newclass]
last edit by Hozuki Fugetsu on Dec 8, 2020 19:16:41 GMT -5
Sharp has written 164 posts
Interbellum [Sango]Dec 16, 2020 23:21:43 GMT -5
Hozuki Sango
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hozuki Sango Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank B Ranked Nukenin occupation Bounty Hunter
A throbbing pain stuck to her left rib like a stain, etched into her skin like a birthmark. The muscle tore at itself with each breathe. Sango's steps had weight, her breath clear in sight as temperatures dropped. Blood permeated the ground, bubbling from the dirt under the villagers footwear. Disgust at the condition of the village was a common conversational piece, though followed by praise for the defense of the Hozuki compound. Onlookers could not talk about what they saw to their family for the casualties suggested sacrifice. A steady downpour chilled the anger of hundreds of clansmen, a sign of rebirth after the storm. The elder counsel tried to make sense of it all. They were at a loss but faked their aura of entitlement, destiny as they described it to be, "A temporary detour for mercy and grace sets up for abundance after the hardship." 

They were specific in language and stoic in manner. Even they could not hide such sorrow for their children and guardians alike. Lightning flashed overhead, a fainting breathe dragged to hell with the silver inches of a blade. Thunder replied in anger, chirping birds then singing a death ballad known to many as, "Chidori". 

Sango held her head high but her bloodied gauze ruined the farce. How could they not see it coming? She must of taken out six of them. Knocked out a few more. Her cousin's little brother was not experienced enough, a cub so young to not know real danger. Had her squadron not assisted...

Thoughts left to overnight stupors that socked the liver but in return, opened the heart for self expression. A future that she did not see coming.

Her opened the heavy wooden double doors with struggle, facial expressions that communicated clear agony. A deep breath calmed her nerves down, optimistic for good news from the doctor that was sure to make the trip worth it. 

She walked up, "Hey, could you direct me to the room of Hozuki Fugetsu, I'm family and we finished up cleaning house. A medical-nin named-" 

"Yua. You already forget me huh?" Her hazel eyes filled with rage, Yua replayed the moments she thought were romantic and endearing. Being played wrenched her heart, the realities of fleeting love was common in their profession. Novels of shinobi love warped her mind, though her sense of duty wasn't shaken. 

"Oh shi-" motioned Sango forward with her hand, looking for a touch. 

Yua's left hand started a forward clockwise circular motion, her wrist folded forward with a flexibility akin to the street performers. Her bone made for a solid brunt force, a stinging bruise seeped into Sango's bones and muscles from the swift disciplinary strike. Sango grabbed her left forearm and keeled over, a wave of pain gradually bringing her to her knees. Right when she felt relief from her ribs...

"He is in room 3. Go down the hall to your left and then make a right up the stairs. Second floor, fourth room to the left across the hall from one of the new Chunin in critical condition. Be quiet and mind the other patients. Someone should be with him if he is awake right now," Yua rattled off the details quickly and turned around, hugging the wall before hitting a corner into another hallway. Her point was made. Tired did not do justice to Sango's mood towards her day. Slowly coming to her senses, she stood upright and followed the directions to a letter. Sango passed by desks and countertops littered with paperwork, crying children that were hurt in the raid or trained shinobi that had experienced their last skirmish for better or worse. Luck was a strange force that favored the well practiced, her outward appearance betraying the grief that swelled in the Hozuki's heart. 

knock. knock. knock. 

"Fugetsu, you have a visitor?" 

Sango refused to be in the dark any longer, swinging the door open to see the damage for herself. Her eyes scanned his body up and down. No immediate sign of damage. "Good..." a heavy sigh escaped from her mouth, somehow she caught a break for once. A peace settled in her stomach, the worse had passed it seemed. 

"Hey, you remember me? It's Sango. You were brave back there but...found a way to get banged up. How are you feeling, what do you remember?" 

The nurse intervened, "Now slow down, Fugetsu recently awakened. Give him a chance before you make start thinking child!" Sango looked at her with a straight face, dark circles and bags that aged her years ahead. She paid the nurse no mind and walked closer to the boy, her hand extended out to the boy with the palm up to signal friendly intent. Her touch to his arm was that of a sisterly console, slow in her movement as to not fright him to the best of her ability. 

last edit by Hozuki Sango on Dec 18, 2020 15:51:06 GMT -5
Hisae has written 11 posts
Interbellum [Sango]Dec 18, 2020 10:31:07 GMT -5
Hozuki Fugetsu
Hozuki Fugetsu Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Roboto]
Enter Sango. His elder cousin from the main branch. It was a concept that he didn’t quite understand completely, but he knew that her family was considered to be more important than other Hozuki on the political playing fields of adults. It never stopped him from enjoying his cousin’s company in the past, though it had been a while since he had seen her.

He sat up against his pillow against the drab sheets of the hospital bed. He closed his eyes and squeezed them shut to avoid crying when Sango told him that he had been brave in the fight. The young boy then shot the nurse a bit of a glare as if to dismiss her, which she seemed to take hint of as she closed the door to the room behind her. He was a short and scrawny kid for a ten year old and Sango towered over him in comparison.

"I… don’t know what to do,” Fugetsu muttered under his breath to his cousin. "It was my fault, what happened to Hadzuki,” he said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

There wasn’t much sympathy towards Fugetsu so far. His mother was emotionally distant, father and brother were angry with him for defying orders to stay out of the fight. He was known to be a cry baby and the one that comforted him had died.

"I don’t think I will ever be okay,” he admitted to her. He bowed his head down and strands of long silver hair drooled over his face while he tried to keep himself together. He had always seen Sango as being tough and strong, and he hated looking weak in front of her. It was the only thing keeping him from falling into a full sob.
Interbellum [Sango]Dec 18, 2020 17:02:33 GMT -5
Hozuki Sango
Hozuki Sango Avatar
groupnull
No expression. The nurse motioned to fuss but the boy's eyes hit their mark. Embarrassed and scared, she swiftly exited the scene to the right. What followed next was only the better for it. 
Sango thought only about Fugetsu, a reunion ruined. 

As if his skinny frame was a physical representation, the fire was doused out of his eyes. An innocence cut short, every shinobi related to that singular moment in their career when the grandeur of it all crashed down. A house made of stained glass represented the fragile beauty of this ticking timebomb. Reality was a cruel mistress. The academy does what it can to prepare a child for the life of a soldier but everyone deals with these moments differently. Looking away as she distorted her face in disgust in response to a flood of unwanted memories pouring into her thoughts, Sango froze as Fugetsu strained to express himself. 

It was all too familiar to her. Regret. Self doubt. Her appearance as a tall statue was only that, an outward identity. She was a weeping giant, beaten down and with scars to show her head start on the difficult path she had set out on. They were not only family, but comrades on this path. 

"You're not old enough, you would not understand," they said. To a child soldier? It always was backwards to Sango. The nationalism and imperialistic doctrines gave way to more and more questions, sowing her seeds of defection. Her inner monologue and train of thought stopped at the same speed it started as she pondered on the pain Fugetsu was expressing to her. 

"Look--" she walked across from Fugetsu to get to the other side of the hospital bed, slightly across on a corner sitting to give him space and for her words to resonate with him.

Directly looking into his eyes, "You have to make hard decisions that will save or get people killed everyday. Your heart is in the right place but Fugetsu, your body has to catch up. It hurts and you feel embarrassed, but we all understand protecting your loved ones. You will be the face of the Hozuki in due time, let us handle it--" she started to tickle his sides and be a goofball, laughing herself and backing off immediately because she had forgotten what he had just gone through physically. 

"You should not be the same, you should evolve, but you will be okay. You'll have to save an academy student or a fellow teammate one day, and when they do the same thing, you'll be able to help them like I can with you. We have cried too Fugetsu, you need to let the tears fall now and learn from it all."
Interbellum [Sango]Dec 21, 2020 13:48:51 GMT -5
Hozuki Fugetsu
Hozuki Fugetsu Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Roboto]
There were sounds of feet scuffling in the hallway as a couple of nurses rushed to and fro to distribute medications to various patients. Fugetsu was no longer in the emergency ward, but many of the people here needed long term care.

Fugetsu’s tears continued to flow for a time as he listened to Sango’s council. He managed to at least keep himself from ugly crying and making sobbing noises, and wiped at his eyes trying to push them away to show strength. He kept silent as he tried to understand her words, but there was another emotion resting at the bottom of his stomach that would bubble up to the surface.

"Do you know the name of the Kaguya who did it?” Fugetsu finally asked. He could remember the fair haired woman’s face perfectly, but no one had yet given her name. Peace talks were on the table as well, though Fugetsu had no idea that there was intent to make the village whole again and break bread with them. "I am going to kill her, and everyone she loves when I grow up...”

Evolving and growing to face the trials in accomplishing that goal is what he took away from Sango’s words. "But I will wait until then. Just like you said, I need to learn and to grow if I ever hope to stand a chance against them… I’m just a kid,” he said with a frustration laced in his voice. "I need you to teach me our hijutsu, I’m tired of my father blowing me off. I am a Hozuki.”
Interbellum [Sango]Dec 25, 2020 21:50:56 GMT -5
Hozuki Sango
Hozuki Sango Avatar
groupnull
Sango’s face blanked out, half-hearing the question. Her gaze gave off the feeling that she wasn’t present in the moment. 

"I-...” Her awareness snapped back, embarrassed by her lack of focus. "I don’t remember too many details, I took down a couple of ‘dem bastards with the scars to show for it,” she shrugged her shoulders before scanning her pockets. Busy for a moment, she found her flask with her favorite sake. 

Gulp. Gulp. 

Burrrp.

The attack created a shared rage among the Hozuki. Both sides felt they were right with a mix of confusing traditions and hearsay. There was uncertainty to say the least. Sango could not make up her emotions about the ordeal. She killed and killed but the river of vengeance and hate ebbed and flowed, her bloodlust tied to her duty and loved ones rather than a personal vendetta. 

No visible reaction on Sango’s face. She let Fugetsu express his bloodlust, his primal desire to protect his family. She had to give him space to be a man.

"What have you done to deserve that?” Her silence stung. 

She raised herself off the bed, circling back to the door of the room, eyeing Fugetsu. She leaned over the bed frame, now in front of him, "You have the academy for now, slow your roll,” Sango felt a weird connection to him though. A little brother? The desire for power was strong within him. Ironically enough, her success was because of that same desire. 

"We’ll talk about it. You will have your time to dedicate to the clan once you graduate from the academy,” She stood up straight and sighed, rubbing her temples. 

The gravity of the situation escaped him. 

A hand gesture to take control of the conversation.

"You will get revenge. But you have to be alive for that to happen, which is hard when you aren’t even good at the fundamentals.”

last edit by Hozuki Sango on Dec 25, 2020 21:52:01 GMT -5
Interbellum [Sango]Dec 27, 2020 12:35:18 GMT -5
Hozuki Fugetsu
Hozuki Fugetsu Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Roboto]
"Like I said, it is… my fault that she died…” Fugetsu said under his breath. He didn’t want to outright tell Sango that his father had put that idea into his head. The man hadn’t paid much mind to Fugetsu as it was, and he had more or less outright blamed him for getting in the way. "I am going to try really hard to finish the academy as soon as I get out of here,” he told her. "The one that did it used lightning… there has to be a way for us to do something about people like that…” he said.

He was silent for a few moments as he looked up at the fluorescent light on the ceiling. Would he even have a chance to get revenge if he waited. Becoming an adult felt like it was still far away from where he was. He had trouble imagining it.

"Thank you for coming, Sango,” Fugetsu told her. He wasn’t necessarily dismissing her, but decided to turn away from the subject. "I heard that you were captured for a time. I am glad that you were rescued…. What was it like? Did they… hurt you very badly?” he asked.