Getting High with Yoshiko

compose a reply
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 14:51:18 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
It's all about the way you feel after it's done.
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 12/07 rank Jounin occupation
We're way up high

Yoshiko hadn't been too confident in her words, she'd told her student in an almost joking manner she'd pass on a village secret. The knowledge of her favorite jutsu outside of the jinton element, it was the ability to use doton to adjust weight. A miracle of ninjutsu which could make a person lighter than a feather, but also could make a feather way as much as a person. To the Nohime one part came a lot easier than the other, so the days training would be focused upon light weight and maybe on another date they could master heavy weight.

The jutsu being a secret of the village passed to Kouen, then passed to her, she had no plans to just show off this training. Even her clan complex was far too public for her to perform such private information. She'd instead invite Ryoko to a place very private to her, it was somewhere the chuunin had probably seen in her bird transformations. However the brunette would of left full instructions on how to reach this location if Ryoko choose to climb or walk. Advising her student to not waste too much chakra today, it'd be fair assessment to assume she'd climb.

A lot of climbing would be necessary, as Yoshiko was among one of the mountain peeks. It was a very odd one at that, as her position wasn't at any sort of point. Instead a plateau of sorts. There was a perfect square almost cut from this mountain and in that cut out sat the kunoichi. Cracks in the mountain had created the perfect wholes for rodents to live and traverse. Beating her student to the location in 'preparation', Yoshiko would of caught herself a rabbit. It'd come to know her from her many visits and was calmly nestled in her lap.

One hand slowly running over the rabbit to pet and comfort it while it rested, as her other hand held a single seal. She'd be concentrating on her breathing and trying to hit a point of almost complete serenity. This place had a lot of emotional value and toll upon the Nohime leader, it was the place her father took her to train after all. When he was still alive that is...

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

Yoshiko has written 929 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 15:08:44 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Wild as she was, Ryoko was bright enough to at least follow orders. There was likely a reason she was told to conserve her chakra, and so she did. Indeed she’d spied the open space in the mountains, the glat plateau she’d been directed too, but never took a special interest in it. It was just another mountain, before today.

Ryoko had raced to the base of the mountain at a quick pace, a light lunch packed in her hip pouch. She jogs and leaps her way through the mountains, frequently ignoring trails and taking to skipping lightly through the trees. She’d climb a few other mountains before she got to the right one, more than thrilled to be out int he wilds and away from the boring doldrum of the city.

She was a Chuunin now, but even has a genin she had little trouble climbing. She was born in Iwa, a native to these mountains. Craggy outcrops, jagged hand-holds. She’d been playing with those for years. Up she goes, not slow, but not fast. Hop after hop moves her up the steep slope of the mesa’s sides. More mountain goat than squirrel, she reiles less on her hands for holding than she does her arms for balance. Up up up, each hop and skip across the wall wasting at least a tiny bit of chakra as she makes use of the Tree Climbing Technique.

After a time, just a little bit late, she finally crests the top of the plateau. She is winded as she sets to just walking now, happy that’s behind her. Spying her sensei int he distance she makes her way over, the doomstar ever present floating behind her. That thing made it more difficult to climb with her hands, but at least she had options.

"Yoshiko sensei!” She shouts as she approaches, pausing when she arrives to flash a bright smile and give the woman a respectful little bow.

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 15:23:29 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
We're way up high

The Nohime felt like she should of known better, but she expected a bird landing or a brisk walk up the path. Instead he student zoomed to her position from a more awkward angle, she probably should of done something with the rabbit prior. Instead she'd merely smile, enjoying the excited approach of her student. Excitement was a great thing to have, it gave a sort of extra burst of energy. It though also often meant someone was louder.

Appearing in the Nohime's field of view, her student would greet her with exclamation. A boast that was just a little too much thrill for the bunny in Yoshiko's lap. Panicked the animal would flail about slightly before shooting off to the nearest whole to escape the scene. In it's frantic state it'd leave behind a present in the princesses lap. The hand which pet the animal would now go to her own forehead, as she'd bring her hand seal to the earth. Calling upon the rock to form a glove of sorts, to which she'd knock the pellets off her lap. "I should of known better..." She'd mutter to herself.

Standing up she'd wave to her student and with equal excitement reply. "Good morning Ryoko-chan!" Yoshiko replied returning the bow with a subtle one of her own. A shake of her hand as the earth around it would crack and crumble off her. "You've followed my instructions to the tee today right?" After rising from her slight bow, she'd ask her student. Regardless of the answer they'd train, but the Nohime was hoping to get a full chakra reserves worth of training out of her student. Constantly in the mind set of overcoming her fathers accomplishments, it was Yoshiko's goal to train Ryoko in half the time it took her father. Seemed like a fair enough goal to her.

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 16:36:21 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Ryoko watches the rabbit flee, a weird instinct within her wanting to chase it down and serve it for dinner. Mmm, animalistic. A day without transforming did feel a little odd to her, but she was sure she’d get there sooner or later. Besides, she needed all her chakra for today if she was going to learn the greatest jutsu of all.

"Uhh..” She pauses before answering, quickly scanning her memory to be sure she got it all. Was there anything else she’d missed? She saved her chakra, she was mostly on time, she even brought a lunch.. She nods slowly. "Yeah. Yeah, didn’t even fly here or anything. Just kinda ran all the way, but I had to use some chakra climbing. Not a lot though, like barely any.” she says with increasing confidence.

She wrinkles up her nose a little at the pellets, getting less hungry as she does. Oh well, rabbits would be rabbits. And birds would be birds. Stupid birds. Stupid chickens. Ryoko smirks a little thinking back on her fun with them.

"I can’t wait to get started!” She exclaims rather cheerfully, a casual wave of her hand sending the doomstar flashing off to the side, to lodge itself securely in the ground with one of its blades. It sticks upright like some manner of over-sharpened tombstone, and is easily forgotten for now. She had no fear around Yoshiko. Even if someone did attack, she was rather confident in her sensei’s abilities.

"What are we gonna do first?

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 17:11:23 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
We're way up high

"Good your reserves seemed to be full from my sensory, but I needed to make sure you hadn't used any military ration pills." Yoshiko would explain, as she'd reach into her pockets and reveal six. Three would be pushing the bodies limits and leave one rather destroyed after. That meant four would be a death sentence, the fact Yoshiko had six intended they'd likely both be using three. A bright smile upon her face, as she'd sort of pose to emphasize the objects in her hands. Her excitement incredibly clear by her delivery.

Though she'd pocket the pills as obviously poisoning themselves wasn't the key to learning light weighted rock technique. A slight cringe would come with the following words of her student, as Yoshiko would have to pause and ground herself with the reality of their training. "Yeaaahhhh... about that, we do have to wait just a little bit longer." The Nohime would nervously reply with a slight chuckle as she'd scratch the back of her head, she'd not mean they weren't training today. However they wouldn't be able to hop straight to training, she needed to tone things to be a bit more serious.

"I need you to before we start swearing something to me as your teacher and to this village as a shinobi. The technique I'm about to teach you is a legacy of the village and secret technique passed onto only a select few. It's something incredibly important, so you must treat your knowledge of it like your knowledge of the Aihara hijutsu. If not treating it with even more care and privacy. With it you'll be stepping towards a new league of shinobi and being within that league the expectation upon you will be as high as you can fly. Do you swear to keep today's lessons secret and will you promise to use them only for the betterment of your village?" Yoshiko would speak these words with a very stern tone.

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

last edit by Nohime Yoshiko on Jan 11, 2021 17:11:58 GMT -5
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 17:34:22 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Sady, Ryoko wasn’t as proficient in being serious, but she did try. She nods as Yoshiko talks, though she’d seen it all coming. Of course, Ryoko viewed it more as a formality. One of those things you said cause they had to be said, not cause you meant it. In her own mind her loyalty to Iwa was unquestionable, in spite of her constant pushing of the rules.

Her grin never fades and she levels her gaze on Yoshiko for a second. Then she gives a glances in each direction cautiously. Yoshiko said she was a sensor, and if she’s divulging secrets surely they were alone. So she reaches up carefully, and draws back the grinning cowl always concealing her face.

She turns out rather plain, which isn’t surprising if you’ve ever met an Aihara. Her grin fades and becomes something more of a smile, subdued brown eyes peering up at her sensei. She gives a little nod, lengthy brown hair kept in a pair of buns on the back of her head. She looks pretty young, but she’s pretty tiny so that also should have been expected. Still, seeing her out of costume you probably wouldn’t pick her out as the girl beneath the cowl. She seems much less dramatic without it.

"You have my word as a Shinobi of Iwagakure, and an Aihara.

She states quietly, trying to be serious about it but excitement was just bubbling all around her. It was like being inducted into a secret society, she was at her limit for maintaining control, and really really wanted to smash something.

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 18:36:42 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
We're way up high

Yoshiko couldn't help but feel sort of honored, as her student would remove her hood. She'd seen the girl fight for the exact opposite ever happening, it was a quirk certainly, but it's one of those quirks she'd not imagined breaking. Starry eyed she'd struggle to keep serious herself, it was hard to give a stern smile and not it'd become even harder. She would be more than able to force herself through it, but on the inside she was exploding with pride.

Her student would swear to the given terms and it'd be settled the two of them would begin their training. Yoshiko couldn't help feeling a weird weight off her shoulders. Ryoko was displaying such a disciplined state of being, as well as showing a sort of trust she'd not seen warranted to others. There was a chance the chuunin could of acted as she had. It didn't change the fact Yoshiko was planning to train Ryoko, but it certainly made her feel more confident in her decision being right.

"Alright we begin!" Yoshiko would announce, then slowly perform the hand seals. Her hands pausing until Ryoko repeated them, as she'd start per usual with just a basic grasping of what motor functions were required to get this engine rolling. The chuunin wasn't a sensor, so she'd not be able to see the flow of chakra. That in mind Yoshiko would attempt to explain it.

"You'll want to gather the lighter chakra of your core through your whole body, you'll be in a sense feeling your own weight first. It's using that measure you'll begin grasping the distribution of chakra necessary as well as the amount needed. To begin we're going to focus solely upon yourself." Yoshiko would speak in her more command voice, as she'd want to make sure the instructions were delivered properly.

"This technique though effective to everything derives from the earth release and when channeling the doton nature, I'd like you to make comparisons roughly in earthly measures. How would you measure yourself in stones, rocks, pebbles or dirt? When you've truly mastered the technique you'll understand your merit in the mere comparison of dust." She'd of repeated the hand signs again, if Ryoko seemed to lose touch with their specifics or hesitate. She'd not speak corrections as of yet, as she'd merely attempt to be a visual aid. Her students confidence in the technique would be necessary for the steps to follow.

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 18:52:23 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Back up the hood goes, the moment the ritual is over. It was a show of trust, but there were a fair number of people who knew her face. Yoshiko was definitely the first outside the family, though. She was a charmed child, somehow managing to always get her way. Still, she wasn’t spoiled, she was willing to work for it.

She quietly listens, patiently absorbing Yoshiko’s words. When she’s done she answers with a grin.

"Just 1. Remember the big rock I brought with me?" She was calling back to the first mission they shared as an almost full team. She'd lugged with her a massive stone hundreds of pounds in a little red wagon, and left it out in the woods to rot. Her smile brightens, "Heh heh, weight is weird for me, cause I don’t lift it with my hands, and my mind is way stronger. I can lift up giant boulders heavier than I am and throw em around, but like.. With my hands I can barely lift a big bucket of water.

"But like..” She goes quiet for a moment and ponders the actual question she was asked. "If I was a rock.. I’d be like this small.” She bends her knees and crouches low, balancing herself carefully as she shrinks herself down to Yoshiko’s knee level. She remains there for a moment, it seemed about right. She could pick up and carry that a short distance, but would complain a lot. She rises again.

"So I guess I'm lik..., I’m just one little rock, nothing big. I’m tiny.

It’s true, she was. Light as a feather and pretty agile, if she put more effort into it she could probably be a pretty quick taijutsu fighter, but she had other plans for life. EVen back up to her full height she was a little thing, but held out some hope for growing more in the coming years. Oh how she hoped.

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 19:32:06 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
We're way up high

Yoshiko would give a fairly confident nod, before she'd add onto her initial inquiry. "That's not too bad a comparison, but now consider how that'd actually distribute across your body. Think about the rocks density consider what parts of you might be close to that condensed weight. Then try to break the rock into pieces to disperse across you to be your proportional mass." Yoshiko would explain allowing Ryoko a minute to try to imagine the stone replica that the jounin explain. However these questions and explanations weren't just theoretical.

"As your perform the hand signs, I want you to focus your doton chakra to these points. Remember, you're drawing from the right side of your chakra core. Use your chakra to feel the weight of your being." Yoshiko would explain once again watching and waiting, she'd sort of rush Ryoko with only a short pause, before her hands would give a swaying gesture to proceed. She'd even state to continue attempting, if it seemed the chuunin wasn't quite completing the order. Guiding her student with slight advise on where to path her chakra.

Once Ryoko though had start properly channeling her chakra out and Yoshiko could sense her students chakra sort of flaring across her own body. It'd be then Yoshiko continued with how the lesson would work. "Alright, you've got roughly the right spots and seem to be using the proper flow. So now I want you to put forth a very low amount of this doton chakra to the heaviest points. Then with control channel it out, so it effects all of you." If successful, it'd cause a momentary loss of weight. The moment dictated by exactly how much chakra was poured in at the time, as well as how quickly her body would naturally reject the chakra. Even after being made weightless countless times, there was a completely different feel when it was your own control creating it. Even the slightest doubt in the state would cause the safety switch of a brains life preservation to just disperse the chakra.

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

Getting High with YoshikoJan 11, 2021 20:58:32 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Ryoko nods again and again as she listens, confirming each point had been heard. Ryoko wasn’t the sharpest tack, and she knew it. She wasn’t ashamed of the fact, she just knew others would compensate for it. So she was a listener. Let the smart-pants people do the work, she could follow directions with the best of soldiers.

As she is prompted she draws her hands up. With none of her strings in use she has both hands free, so she flicks through the hand seals as she is instructed, letting her chakra slowly ebb forward to fill into the right spots. She shifts the chakra over to doton and starts concentrating it there. Her bones were definitely a lot of density, more dense than her meat, but her meat had some weight too. It was a strange trick having to split chakra up like this, but Ryoko was a pretty accomplished shinobi.

She had faith, and confidence. Guided by her sensei, she knew it must be possible. This was actually a sensation she was sort of used too, needing full body control of her chakra to perform the transformation technique she loves so much. She fills out her own biology as instructed, and listens intently to the next part.

There’s another nod, of course, and while holding the last seal she continues doing as advised. Adding some more chakra to her bones. It was a very strange thing to ask her to do, and definitely counter intuitive. Didn’t seem like she could accomplish much in doing this, but that’s if you’re thinking like a heavy rock. As she pushed her differing densities closer to equilibrium and removing their inertia and mass, she felt like she was getting very far away from being a rock.

It takes her a few moments of careful fine tuning before she’s almost got it just right, and Ryoko can feel her head starting to spin. The sensation was difficult to explain, like a fast elevator stopping, while spinning a slow circle around. Her fingertips and toes tingle as her chakra finally clicks into the right spot.

There’s a flash of success, but then it immediately ceases. Vertigo strikes the girl as her center of balance suddenly shifts all over the place, and she stumbles clumsily from the spot she’d been standing. "Whoa, holy crap..” She mutters, a little bewildered, but catching herself quickly. She gives her head a little shake, because that was really weird.

"I almost got it..” She mutters with a little smirk, then once more straightens herself. Without even needing to be told she’d refocus and begin working through the hand seals again, and carefully settling her chakra into place.

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 25, 2021 15:32:25 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
We're way up high

The Aihara getting down the hand seals, as well as working through the navigating of her chakra. Yoshiko didn't have much to do in her present state, so she'd put one hand into a seal do concentration. As she'd hard focus her chakra sensory to get the most detailed analysis of her students progress. Continuing to assist if needed, but most subtle hints at this point. Ryoko was quite close to grasping the beginnings of this technique. A miniature success would happen, as what seemed like a momentary flash of weightlessness happened.

"Yeah, it's quite the experience to undergo, but your almost there I can sense it." The brunette replied to her students statement of what she assumed was wonder over the new feeling. At least new in the manner it was brought upon. Ryoko agreeing with her belief of mastering the jutsu, but that was both a good and a bad thing. In hopes of pushing her student and the lesson to the limit. It was that confirmation that'd convince the Nohime to step up the training regiment. These were rookie measurements of success, her students should overcome overwhelming odds to meet their earned victory.

"I'm glad we see eye to eye, so I'm sure you'll understand me raising the odds then." Applying her full jounin and ninjutsu skill to perform hand seals, she'd quickly perform the opposite of the very jutsu they were teaching. Applying one hand to her student, she'd double her students weight. Thus forcing her student to adjust her chakra distruption to not only counter her own weight, but to also counteract the chakra applied by her sensei.

NAME: Doton: Kajugan no Jutsu [Earth Release: Added-Weight Rock Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Doton
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user places their hand on an object or person and makes them several times heavier. The amount is so much that a single person would sink up to their shoulders in a pit of sand due to the weight added, which makes it impossible for them to move. This can also be used to add to the power behind attacks, although if done on oneself it'll make it impossible to move.

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

Getting High with YoshikoJan 25, 2021 16:00:42 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Ryoko maintains her posture, straight back, head up, eyes closed. She concentrates on her chakra as she spreads it through her body. It was tricky, she could see why this wasn’t a common jutsu.

She tries to listen to Yoshiko as she speaks but she is a little distracted concentrating. When the older girl reaches out and touches her, she isn’t quite prepared for the outcome. Already toying with her own density, the new weight sends her completely off balance. She staggers again, tipping over and landing on her side on the open mesa.

This gets a little laugh out her her, the tiny girl completely unprepared to weigh so much. Getting back up is a struggle. She pushes herself to her hands and knees, then eventually back up on somewhat wobbly legs.

"Whoa.. this jutsu is crazy.” She mutters with a bit of astonishment. She pulls herself back together, assuming the proper stance once more. She moves her right hand behind her back and lifts her left. She closes her eyes again and sets to working through the seals for the jutsu once more. One handed she’s still pretty quick, but she goes slow and holds the final seal afterwards. Then she sets to dispersing her chakra again.

It was more difficult to say the least. She felt way heavier. Just lifting a hand took effort, this side of the jutsu seemed just as fascinating as flying. Still, she was here to get high, not get stoney.

After a moment of letting her chakra circulate naturally she starts pulling and pushing, spreading and concentrating it into places of weight. Once well dispersed she sets to decreasing her chakra’s density, diffusing the doton around until her weight once more sets to dropping. It was difficult, there was just so much. She was having trouble figuring out how to even do it, but it had to be as simple as the last time.

Her lips purse and her nose scrunches up a little, brows knitting beneath her cowl as she focuses. It wasn’t different. It was just More. Keep your chakra even, bleed it out. She pictured the statue of herself in her head once more. Even it had been sculpted with the same outfit she was wearing now. She could move it so easily with just a few strings.

Her density begins to drop, efforts working to slowly subdue the jtusu Yoshiko had used on her, and counter it. Keep the rock, lose the weight. In her mind the stone started to grow hazy, white outlines tracing over its surface as density was removed and it started to turn transparent. No, she didn’t want to just remove the rock. Her chakra flickers as she struggles with the concept, but she quickly has it under control again.

If she had a talent for something, it was controlling her chakra. Again she starts working through removing the extra weight. She had done it before, this shouldn’t be different. Keep the rock, lose the weight. She got dizzy before, but now all her weight felt like it was in her legs. On her legs at least, she’d never felt this heavy. Even being an elephant, at least she felt like she could move naturally.

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoJan 25, 2021 18:27:00 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
We're way up high

There was a slight expression of shock as Ryoko would lose balance and fall to her side. Gritting her teeth but keeping her smile, Yoshiko choose not to intervene. At least she didn't catch her student or pull her up from the dirt. The earth was a refreshing place to be in her head. She'd however lower herself next to her student, a hand seal of concentration once again forming. Unlike before she was less focused in her students control over the situation. Instead the brunette was confirming for herself she hadn't overburdened her student. At least not more than intended.

Finding she'd performed her technique exactly as planned the Nohime would state in a somewhat challenging tone. "I've only doubled your original mass, I spread it out as evenly as your weight had been split prior too." These words weren't just spoken to goad the Aihara into trying hard, but held hints within to help the younger kunoichi hopefully master the jutsu at hand. Knowing the technique cast upon Ryoko was evenly distributed to match the girls weight, but double it meant the same flow of chakra was necessary. The only real difference required was the exact amount of chakra needed to remove the chuunin's weight.

"It wasn't kept a village secret for being bland, hehe." The jounin couldn't help retorting with a snicker, as she was amused by the choice of words her student picked. Certainly she'd heard the rumors behind the power in these jutsu, there'd also been a good few first hand experiences with it. So the surprise was truly all in the surreal nature of something long seen now experienced. All that remained between the two was time, as Ryoko would continue to attempt to initiate her first flight. Yoshiko silently waiting and wondering how the attempts would go, her sensory keeping her updated on her own chakra. The jutsu would fade eventually on it's own, so if too much time passed the Nohime would re-apply her jutsu. Though she also planned to cast the technique again merely to raise the weight again.

NAME: Doton: Kajugan no Jutsu [Earth Release: Added-Weight Rock Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Doton
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user places their hand on an object or person and makes them several times heavier. The amount is so much that a single person would sink up to their shoulders in a pit of sand due to the weight added, which makes it impossible for them to move. This can also be used to add to the power behind attacks, although if done on oneself it'll make it impossible to move.

But can you fly?!
MADE BY ★MEULK

last edit by Nohime Yoshiko on Jan 25, 2021 18:27:26 GMT -5
Getting High with YoshikoJan 26, 2021 15:21:19 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

"Nnn… " she scowls a little as she continues trying to carefully distribute what extra weight was there.

Her chakra continues to ripple throughout her body, sloshing from side to side and top to bottom as she tries to even it all out. She had a remarkable amount of control for her age, easily able to make it go where she wanted, and control how much she moved. Elemental jutsu were just as easy. Hand seals, chakra, done. Second nature. This was like trying to balance on a tightrope in the wind, though.

She struggles a few more moments, before stopping and taking a breath. Still heavy she decided she needed a fresh look. She forms the seals once more with her left hand, then immediately adjusts her weight back to normal. Not slowly and carefully, she just brings back to mind the feeling she had before she started, and resets to that. It worked surprisingly well, enough to even get a smile out of her, so she does it again.

Her density drops immediately, almost to the point of weightlessness, but not quite. She gets that lightheaded feeling though, as her center of balance adjusts far higher than she’s used too. Hints of the previous vertigo tingle through her ears, but she perseveres. It wasn’t really that her center of balance was everywhere when she went weightless. No, it was more that her center of balance was no where. A removal of it, she was neutral in buoyancy, so she would just float listless as a cloud.

Her little feet lift off the ground a little as she’s focusing on it, neutral buoyancy achieved. She continues to focus, however, because with her eyes closed she has no sense that she’s done it. No, she has no weight, no center of balance. Slowly she begins to rotate clockwise, her feet leaving the ground as she turns with her little hand seal marking her center of spin. As she does she floats just a little bit higher, and the light breeze on the mesa manages to start making her drift ever so slowly.

She was still quietly concentrating, though, determined to make this jutsu work. The careful fine tuning didn’t feel right, it was too forced to methodical. A good training tool, but with jutsu you just had to do it. The immediate jumps to new density felt right. Apply chakra, make a change. That’s how most jutsu worked.

She makes another adjustment, dropping her density far below that of the air around her, nearly removing it completely. As such she begins to ascend quickly, albeit sideways; almost feet first towards the heavens.

has written 301 posts
Getting High with YoshikoFeb 10, 2021 8:45:12 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
The training seemed to be going rather smoothly, as the Aihara would finally take a state of flight. Yoshiko had no plan to let her student just lax about in the sky so delicately at the winds mercy. An almost blur of hand seals would be performed by the Nohime. Soon a tangent of jutsu would be applied.

An almost invisible swirl of wind, as the brunette created a bubble of controlled air around herself. Followed by the sudden loss of weight using the very jutsu in training. As a precursor of it's opposite would be readied.

Shooting up with a burst of wind the clan leader would rise to her student with a grin. "You look so graceful Ryoko, hehe~" She'd state jokingly due to the lack of balance and mastery. Though flight was flight until grounded.

"You'll need to adjust your weight, so you're right side up. It's easiest to achieve this by putting a greater focus to your head and shoulders. When it comes to moving wind can help, but to save on chakra you're best off accomplishing it with the light weight rock jutsu." Yoshiko would explain, before patting her students shoulder.

The gesture although seeming to be supportive would once again applying the weighted rock technique. Focusing the added weight this time purely to the sole of her students feet. Attempting to assist in a proper cat-like landing.

Floating down to Ryoko, Yoshiko would follow up her words. "As for moving in flight, I suggest you focus reducing weight through your hands and feet. Changing the weight so you're pulled down in the direction you wish to travel while counteracting the fall with reducing weight more so in your back or head."