In Upendi [Sho]

compose a reply
In Upendi [Sho]Feb 24, 2021 12:15:55 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
age 30 years old birthday rank S-Class Missing-nin occupation
theres a place where the crazy moon, makes the monkey's sing...

Several days had passed since his eventful run in with Chunin by the name of Gure Rokurou… Kayaku intended to leave the ill-fated chunin alone until he noticed something about the shinobi’s chakra; of course he had yet to prove his theory but if it was true then Kayaku would be duty bound to see that the boy knew the truth. Fast forward several weeks ahead, Hyuga Kayaku had intended to leave Hi no kuni after visiting his gravesite yet he had inadvertently stumbled upon an old friend and the two of them would spend the remainder of the night in each other’s embrace. The next day, Kayaku would leave before the sun had rose; sneaking away from Shodaime’s tender touch to plan a surprise for the woman… a fitting thank you for giving a criminal such as himself a chance at happiness.

Throughout the morning hours, Kayaku would use his brawn and brain to set up one of the most elaborate dates he could possibly muster, given the limited resources he had. The man wasn’t broke, having saved enough money working for Shakar, rather it was hard moving about Hi no kuni as a missing-nin thought to have perished. Nevertheless, Kayaku would find a suitable spot near Seinaru that would be perfect for their first day together. By the time Shodaime had awakened and slowly stumbled to the opening of the cage Kayaku would be walking up with flowers hand picked from the various parts of Hi no Kuni, well at least the parts closest to them. When he saw her stepping out of the cave, Kayaku smiled instantly. The woman he had returned to just yesterday wasn’t as bold and comfortable as she were today.

In fact it was safe to say she was glowing with a renewed vigor; walking up to the opening to greet the woman, Kayaku would hold out the various flowers all of which had Sho’s favorite colors; Kayakuyku couldn’t decided on what type of flower to bring the woman so he’d get several different ones of the color she liked. "These are for you princess of the all seeing eye” handing her the large bouquet of flowers before giving her a tinder peck on the cheeks. "Should we go eat? There’s a farm just west of us. I paid the owner for an entire meal fresh from the farm itself and to use the place for our date!”.

What actually happened was more forceful than Kayaku had let on with him basically tying the owners of the farm up and hiding them with their home on the property. He told them that he didn't think they’d allow him to use the barn for an hour or two so this was the only way he could; at least without having to worry about being caught. That said, Kayaku would lead Shodaime down a path that wasn’t there the day before. Well, Kakayu had paved the path himself with the help of a couple of summons; afterwards he’d use those same bears to make a small commotion and heard the cute furry animals towards the path, effectively creating a nature trail as they headed towards the farm. It wouldn’t take long before the two were walking casually down the Hyuga-made nature trail.

"I thought… well I wanted to do something special and romantic for you. So welcome to Hyuga Kayaku’s nature trail of lovey stuff

Jutsu Used:

Byakugan - Active Constantly

Ice has written 194 posts
In Upendi [Sho]Feb 24, 2021 14:43:55 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
Was it a dream? Had Shodaime really spent the night with Kayaku? No, there was no way it was possible, he was dead. But then again, here she was in a cave half-dressed. She hadn't dreamed it, she really was there with Kayaku. Or at least she would if he hadn't left early in the morning. Shodaime would get dressed and walk towards the entrance of the cave as Kayaku had arrived. She really wasn't dreaming, he was here with her. Kayaku would hand her a beautiful bouquet of flowers, they were beautiful. A perfect gift for a perfect morning together.

"These flowers are beautiful, my prince." Shodaime would say to him smiling towards the former heir. When he suggested breakfast, she couldn't help but want to eat something. "Sure, a nice breakfast would great." She would say as she walked with Kayaku towards the farm. The two would walk along a path that wasn't there the day before. Had he really done all this for her? All the effort just for a single person. A blush would form on her face, no one had ever done something like this for her. A beautiful nature trail was formed towards the farm. Cute creatures all formed near the path. Kayaku really had gone through a lot of effort for her.

"This is all so much, you didn't have to do this." Shodaime would say to Kayaku. Him just being with her was more than enough.
Shodaime has written 355 posts
In Upendi [Sho]Mar 4, 2021 2:55:40 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
NEVER BE LOVED FOR EVER
THE BANISHED WILL RISE AGAIN

The nature trail was a hit at least for now... Kayaku’s byakugan still surveyed the area not wanting anything to ruin the moment; of course if they did he’d give the chance for them to retreat out of respect for Shodaime being in his company. However, should the woman allow him to give in to his rage; he’d not waste any effort to dispose of the intruder; whether the intruder would be killed or not would be determined by their own actions. "I guess We’re actually going to do this huh? Um? What is this we’re doing actually? Dating or like… the Hyuga blushed for a moment, trying to think up the words to use, so he wouldn’t sound like a pervert, or that he isn’t ready to settle down. The criminal enjoyed his freedom, and thought of his predicament as self-imposed rather than him being exiled from his home. There were of course a small minority of shinobi that would rather kill him on the spot instead of letting the law handle the situation, which mostly peaked the man’s interest in fighting than his caution.

Nevertheless, Kayaku ultimately decided that he’d know what to do when the situation called for it, how could one ever hoped to gain enlightenment dwelling on what could go wrong. To achieve a sound mind, body and soul the Kayaku’s way of dealing with his environment had shifted since returning from Shakar. He had become fairly experienced in the ways of the world, eventually giving up on his plans to "shake-up” the current world powers… The Hyuga wanted nothing more than to live the rest of his life in the pursuit of increasing his prowess as a Taijutsu master. The man even desired a dojo once he finally achieved a level of prowess that rivaled Taijutsu used by those of the 8 gates ability. Although he wasn’t actively going against any of the nations within the world, Kakayu still had an inclination to battle or oppose someone else.

This predisposed urge to fight or instigate conflict however is born from his identity as a Taijutsu master rather than wanting to commit crimes. He’d listen to Shodaime’s words carefully, as she spoke Kayaku thought what a life would be like back in the hidden leaf; as Head of the Hyuga clan… thinking to himself he knew that if he were ever the leader of the Hyuga clan he would do his absolute best to do things differently from his mother. What scared him about the title and responsibilities it incurred was his own self-doubt. What if I become like her? You’ve done a lot of right in the world kayaku but does it outweigh the wrong?. A family of deer would snatch Kayaku from his thoughts, resulting in the Hyuga unleashing a blast of chaka from his palm towards the animals; luckily Kayaku had noticed the fauna at the last moment and turned his palm slightly, enabling the nimble creatures to escape the blast. Shit...  I... I’m sorry Sho, I guess I got caught up in my thoughts about the entire situation”, He’d pause again, stopping their casual stroll to walk towards the large Oak that had fallen as a result of the impact with his chakra. The man kneeled down and rubbed the still standing portion of the tree, to gather himself before continuing.

"I don’t think I’m fit to be the leader of the Hyuga. Because of my time as a missing-nin, those experiences, they’ve changed me. I, regrettably, enjoy conflict as much as I do peace he said truthfully before adding, "Sho, what if I’ve become too evil to ever come home?” the Hyuga asked Shodaime, with an expression of genuine pain and hurt for how he reacted when the deer had approached; a result of the man's reverence for the natural world. For Kayaku to not see the animals, or well be so distracted that he had not paid attention to his own visual prowess, meant that whatever was going through his mind had been extremely important to him. 

In Upendi [Sho]Mar 5, 2021 0:15:22 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
The nature trail was not something Shodaime had expected Kayaku to create just for her. The amount of effort it must've took for him to wrangle the animals in one spot must've been immense. Shodaime would wonder why he would go through such an effort for her though, a nice simple date would have sufficed, she felt she wasn't deserving of such extravagance. Despite this, she appreciated the effort that Kayaku had gone through for her.

"I guess we are doing this, I've dreamed of this for a very, very long time. Dating you, I mean." Shodaime would say as she blushed. The woman wanted nothing than to be with Kayaku, but she was still concerned at what the rest of the village would think of their relationship. Though she knew this relationship was a risk, she didn't care. Whatever came their way, she would help him face it head on. She would contemplate the possibility of having to leave the village forever so she may be able to be with him. Was she willing to risk her career and reputation to be with him? Was it the right thing for her to do? She would need more time to think it over.

As she came back to reality from her thoughts, Kayaku would send a chakra blast above the family of deer. It was clear to her that something troubled him as she knew he wouldn't randomly attack animals, even if she hadn't seen him in years. She knew him, and he wasn't like that.

"Don't worry, Kayaku, I can see it in your eyes, that something is troubling you." Shodaime would tell him, she was concerned for him, not because of the random outburst, but because the way he looked and acted made it clear he was troubled. She would listen to what was troubling him. He would explain that his time as a missing-nin had changed him, equally liking conflict as much as he did peace. He was concerned this would prevent him from becoming leader of the Hyuga clan. He was also concerned that he would become too evil to come home.

"Don't say that Kayaku, you won't become evil, I know you better than anyone, you don't have an evil bone in your body. Also if you feel you won't be a fit to become the leader of the clan, then I could become the leader. This entire uprising I want to do, is my plan, you shouldn't have to feel responsible to become something you don't want to be." Shodaime would say to Kayaku, as she would wrap her arms around him, comforting him.
In Upendi [Sho]Mar 5, 2021 5:00:55 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull

Shodaime’s words were comforting; she was right as always… Kayaku had seen evil and he had not crossed such boundaries. However, he had done things he wasn't proud of and even as Shodaime held him close to her he still felt as if he would continue to fall prey to such predilections; albeit now his actions would be tempered by the woman’s hands and love. He wiped his eyes as they started to swell with tears, not wanting Shodaime to have to deal with his mental issues just yet. "Heheheh, are you always right Sho?” he asked jokingly before suddenly, lifting Sho up by the waist and spinning around. Eventually, the two of them would fall backwards into the soft foliage outlining the path, the former heir’s body broke Shodaime’s fall, with her landing on top of him.

"HAHAHhahahaha

Kayaku hadn’t genuinely laughed in years, the feeling was almost alien to him, before Shodiame could protest Kayaku’s display of playful affection, the man would try to flip their position so that he’d be hovering over her, instead. If he were successful he’d then nibble her nose, before saying "Remember that time I tried to ditch training and you chased me through the village? It ended in a similar position but back then you were the one who had come out on top”. If Kayaku weren’t successful he’d struggle to release himself from Shodai’s grip; before either he got himself free or Shodaime allowed him to get up. He’d dust himself off and pull a few twigs from Shodaime’s hair, his expression was a mix of disbelief and excitement… This might actually be a good thing after all… Sho believes in me, which means I should as well he thought as they continued down the makeshift path, eventually coming to a large clearing that encircled the farm Kayaku had forcefully borrowed from the owners.

Two large creatures dressed in large black and white tuxedos raced down the path that led to the farm house, towards Shodaime. Right on time, Kayaku said aloud as the two beasts got closer and closer. If shodaime had her byakugan active like Kakayu constantly had his, She’d notice that the two creatures were large battle worn looking bears. One of them had a pristine snow-white coat of white fur, complete with deep cerulean blue eyes, while the other was a stark contrast to the Polar bear. A simple bear, that stands at the average height of 5ft. on all fours. His facial expression indicates the fact that he is quite annoyed or mad, with flared nostrils and somewhat-squinted eyes; although this isn’t the actual case as the black bear is one of the more friendly of Kayaku’s summons. Nevertheless, the black bear’s most notable feature is the saddle that is strapped on to him, making him easily rideable. Besides that, his fur remains mostly the same jet black --only lightening slightly around his stomach.

Boratiriti, the polar bear would speak first, "Master! Is this the human called Shodaime? She looks delicious…” The black bear, named Chiharu would cut Bora’s weird compliment off before Shodaime could disembowel him; staining his pure white fur red with blood. "HEYYY Bora, don’t talk about your master's mate like that.” the black bear would sit straight up and wave enthusiastically. "Forgive Bora, he’s going through puberty. It makes him belligerent” Chiharu said to Shodaime, before turning to Kayaku and giving a perverted expression.

"Huh? Don’t look at me like that weirdo! Is everything set up?” Kayaku asked, with both bears nodding in unison, the Hyuga would then turn to Shodaime and give her a reassuring smile before speaking. "These two weirdos have been my championship for the past few years; Shodaime, I'd like you to meet Boratiriiti and Chiharu” he said with both of the summonings moving in to greet Shodaime the way they did Kayaku… With Bear Hugs….

WORDS:
Notes:

NAME: Boratiriti

ELEMENT: Raiton

TYPE: Polar Bear

APPEARANCE:

Bora, a bipedal bear, stands at nearly 6'7''. He is quite young, maybe in his teens, so he has yet to grow into his full strength and body. With that being said, he is still very strong for his age with quite a broad frame. Upon his head and body lay chakra-reactive steel that enhances the ability of his Raiton jutsu. They closely resemble knight's armor, but more elegantly made. Bora's fur is an impeccable, bright white that he tries not to dirty. His eyes are blue but glow upon the use of Raiton jutsu.

PERSONALITY:

Boratiriti, meaning "volatile" describes not only his personality but also his fighting style. Ever changing as he matures, Bora is a mixed bag of emotions. On some days, he will be perfectly happy to fight and obey the summoner, occasionally on others he will choose to fight on his own accords. The one thing you can count on though, is that he will fight. Bora never backs away from a respectable and good fight, abiding the code of honor.

Bora is groomed as the next ninjutsu prodigy of the bears, so he expects to win every fight. Sometimes being cocky and overconfident, he will charge in needing to win. Second in command to Koibito, he tries to learn from his adored personality, but he clearly still has a lot to learn.

ABILITIES:

Raiton Prodigy:

Bora's raiton is extremely strong as a teenager and is expected to be even stronger. His efficiency in casting jutsu and the way he contorts lightning in battle is dangerous for an opponent. Like his name suggests, the lightning he creates is very volatile, ranging from very deadly jutsu when he has a lot of chakra to a diminished effect with lower chakra.

Chakra-Reactive Armor:

Crafted and gifted to Bora by the military force of the bears, his armor conducts Raiton chakra like a wire. It enhances his physical attacks with lightning, shocking anything it hits. It can be used as a defense as well, acting as a shield of thorns. Any physical strike inducted on Bora will shock the attacker as if they were being hit by a weak taser.

NAME: Chiharu

ELEMENT: N/A

TYPE: Black Bear

APPEARANCE:

A simple bear, Chiharu (or as he likes to be called, "Chi”) stands at the average height of 5ft. on all fours. His facial expression indicates the fact that he is quite annoyed or mad, with flared nostrils and somewhat-squinted eyes. His most notable feature is the saddle that is strapped on to him, making him easily ridable. Besides that, his fur remains mostly the same jet black --only lightening slightly around his stomach.

PERSONALITY:

Contrary to the way he looks, Chiharu is energetic and overall happy. His name translates into "Springs”, which ties to his attitude quite well. Always ready to travel or go on an adventure, Chi can commonly be seen being friendly with any human and willing to fight by their side. He is a very dependable, basic summon for those that need a quick ride or looking for an extra hand in combat.

ABILITIES:

Blistering Speed:

The most recognizable trait of Chi is his innate athleticism when related to agility and speed. When in need for quick transportation, speed in a fight, or quick evacuation- Chi should be your go to bear. Capable of outrunning some jutsu at a max speed of 50mph, Chiharu will get you in and out as fast as possible.

[
MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS THQ

In Upendi [Sho]Mar 6, 2021 23:09:10 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime didn't expect Kayaku to lift her up by the waist and spin her around. It seemed like there was a lot of things during this encounter she never expected. The two would fall back into the soft foliage with Shodaime on top of Kayaku and Kaykau would flip the situation where he was on top of her, hovering above her. Another blush would form on her face as he reminded her of that day so many years ago, when he skipped out on training. She remembered having to chase him down, eventually catching him near the training fields where they would land on top of each other with Shodaime on top of Kayaku. This was during the time in which Shodaime still hid her feelings for Kayaku and didn't quite know when to tell him.

"I do remember, I was really mad when you ran off, during this time I still was on the fence about my feelings towards you." She would say as Kayaku would help her back up, pulling the twigs from her hair from the foliage on the ground. As she dusted herself off the two bears would run down the path towards the pair. One a stark white polar bear and the other a simple black bear with a saddle on it's back. While she was no stranger to meeting talking animals, it still threw her for a loop when the two started talking.

"Had no idea, you made friends with two bears, Kayaku. And they're so friendly too, usually when I see bears they're trying rip a person's face off." She would say before the bears would pull her into a bear hug. The strength of the two was almost too much for her.
In Upendi [Sho]Mar 11, 2021 8:20:31 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
For hearts long lost, full of fright For those alone in Blackest Night Love conquers all with violet light!

"Ahem… ahem…” Kayaku cleared his throat as the two bears embraced , quickly getting the hint and not wanting to make their summoner a bit jealous; Bora and Chiharu would quickly release Shodaime and walk back in front of them before starting their routine. "Right this way, lord Kayaku and lady Shodaime” the two summonings said in unison as they lead Kayaku and Shodaime to a large pasture. Within the expanse of the pasture were grazing cattle and various other animals that one would find within a thriving farm. The two of them continued behind Kayaku’s companions, eventually a picturesque scene would begin to form before them as their seating arrangements came into view before them. Sitting atop a hill within the pasture, was an antique yet well taken care of picnic table. Overlooking the dark red picnic table was a large oak tree that shaded the entire hill from the bright Hi no Kuni sun.

The closer and closer the two hyuga’s got, the more quaint the set up appeared, from the placement of the table to the ice chilled lemonade that sat awaiting the two to refresh themselves. Eventually the Kayaku and Shodaime would arrive at their destination, Kayaku waiting for Shodaime to sit down before he sat next to her. "I hope it’s ok?” he said his face red and his voice questioning the entire ordeal. Kayaku wanted to do something special for Shodaime and since it was in the morning and not a late evening type of date; he decided that they should have a nice breakfast, something cute and not overly mature; at least not until they had a late night dinner date. Bora and Chiharu would disappear the moment Kayaku and Shodaime had sat down, the two summonings went to retrieve the freshest of toasted bread for appetizers.

"Heheheh… So Shodaime, is there anything on your mind? It's been so long since we had breakfast together and…. Well i feel like I’ve been talking about myself the entire time together with you. So… Tag your it” Kayaku said, not wanting to spend their time wallowing in his own regret or speaking about all the dumb stuff he had to do since becoming a missing-nin. The man had been away from the village and shodaime for so long he wanted to know just how she was fairing and how the village were doing in such a contradictory time of peace. He had heard some of Konoha shinobi had gotten into a bit of trouble during the most recent exams, and another rumor about a Hyuga shinobi and Yuki no kuni but nothing concrete. What exactly was going on with the nation he loved and the shinobi village he thought he’d never see again.

Byakugan Active constantly

In Upendi [Sho]Mar 12, 2021 0:19:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would follow Kayaku and the two bears to the picnic table placed atop a hill with a large oak tree. A nice breakfast is something the both of them needed, especially Shodaime, she hadn't eaten since the day before and was starving by this morning. Shodaime would sit down at the table and look out towards the horizon. It was a nice quiet place, no cares in the world, nothing to bother her and worry her. She would think of a nice peaceful life, maybe if she retired, she would be able to get that life she so desired. But she had no idea if she was ready to make that big of a decision. She felt that she could still help this village, even if there was some people who had lost faith in it. This is why she was determined to find someway for Kayaku to be able to return to the village without the risk of being killed for entering. It may seem crazy to those on the outside of this relationship, but she had known him most of his life and she knew he would never cause harm to anyone in this village. Upon hearing Kayaku's voice, Shodaime would be snapped out of her deep thoughts. She would smile at him before speaking.

"This is more than ok, Kayaku. Far more elaborate than I had expected for breakfast, but still I appreciate it." She would say as she poured herself a glass of lemonade. The two bears would disappear off somewhere, giving Shodaime and Kayaku sometime to talk and make up for these past 14 years. Kayaku then would ask Shodaime to talk about herself, what had she been up to when he was gone.

"Well, about 2 year after you went missing from the village, I was promoted to Jonin and Head Medic. My old sensei, the head medic before me, like my progress through the learning at the hospital. If you remember, I became a medic because of my own failure at my first chunin exams. I wanted to prove to myself and the village that I wasn't useless. I've been in the head medic position for about 12 years now and hoping not to stop anytime soon. There's this young woman who works at the hospital, she's showing so much potential to become the next great medic at the hospital, I was thinking of having her work closer with me, so maybe one day she'll be able to succeed me." Shodaime would say to Kayaku, explaining her progress from the last time they had seen each other. "Also in troubling news, someone from the main branch of the clan was captured in Yuki No Kuni, they took his Byakugan and then sent him back to the village. I know I should feel appalled at the barbaric actions of the enemy, but is it weird that I don't care? I mean I've spent all my life thinking that the main branch was supposed to be all powerful and could never be defeated in battle. But now, with this happening, I can see they're no different than anyone else. It made me realize that class structure doesn't matter, we're all these same no matter what the clan leaders say."
In Upendi [Sho]Mar 20, 2021 22:59:46 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
"Blessed is the influence of one true loving Shinobi soul on another."

To say that Kayaku was glad at Shodaime’s response would be like saying Kaze no Kuni was a sandbox; a complete and utter under-reaction. The Hyuga who could kill a shinobi of elite jounin status with his bare hands were as the saying goes, "Over the moon” with joy. He could hardly contain the happiness and excitement his body was experiencing… Completely Giddy to be honest. It had been so long since the man could just breathe, take in the sights and not wonder what exactly was going to happen next. He'd continue to listen to Sho as the head medic filled him in on what was going on in the village. Of course I remember your exams… the Hyuga thought, his inner thoughts used a voice that was his own yet riddled with guilt. "Who could forget Konoha's dancing leaf? I wish I had the chance to make a name for myself… well a famous one rather than an infamous title." He said quickly allowing Shodaime to continue with her updates.  The man could vividly remember the times Hyuga Suhada forced him to accompany her when punishing the Bunke class Hyuga members. Kayaku in turn would start to despise his mother, he never knew how or why she could harm their Kin, however he never once had the courage to confront her…

At least until he did and she died... 

Kayaku wasn't the type to be disrespectful either, when Shodaime returned to train him he had never once looked down or pitied Shodaime for her scars. To withstand the force and heat of several explosive tags was a feat in itself; this notion didn't stop Kayaku's anger from getting the best of him. While Shodaime recovered for two days after the incident, Kayaku attempted to avenge Shodaime and teach the Iwagakure shinobi that they had gone entirely too far.

The amount of explosive tags were utterly excessive and should be labeled as such… whether Konoha and other officials thought the same were unknown to the young heir. Kayaku eventually ended up getting into a scuffle with the shinobi outside of the chunin exams arena. Much to Kayaku's dismay, before his display of loyalty could become an international incident both children's sensei would intervene and quell the fighting. Despite the past, Sho had gained so much yet had to endure just as much, if not more to attain such prowess as she had today. In truth, Kayaku didn't think he'd be able to defeat Shodaime at least not until he'd reach the pinnacle of body, mind and chakra.

Still he wouldn't ever underestimate the woman… As head medic she was one of the strongest shinobi within Hi no kuni let alone the village hidden in leaves. "I've heard about the drama that happened with Gure and Mizukage but now this? Tch… the main branch isn't what it used to be huh? Granted they've never been great, there are some thats never than others right?" Kayaku questioned Shodaime, his words speaking generally yet personally as he were a main branch Hyuga, the rightful heir no less. ”I thought killing Suhada out would be a good thing, was it even with it? Meanwhile, the minor nations are abuzz with rumors of war, it seems the days ahead of us are going to become much more chaotic" he said as his furry companions reappeared with a smorgasbord of breakfast themed food; even some that were more to the liking of bears than humans; which was simply a slab of raw meat.

Byakugan active

In Upendi [Sho]Mar 21, 2021 0:02:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would think back to her younger days in training Kayaku. The days after she returned from the hospital, having recovered from her accident at the chunin exams and resumed her training with Kayaku, Shodaime would be confronted by his mother, Suhada. She would berate her for her loss during the chunin exams, adding on that she should've expected it considering her status in the clan. With a mixture of being afraid of the woman and not wanting a repeat of the last time she had a confrontation with her, Shodaime would quietly apologize to the woman. The woman had struck fear into the young girl, a fear she still had today, despite the fact she was long dead.

"Your mother always did scare me, ever since that confrontation about my parents I had with her. I'll never forget the torture she put me through by activating my cursed seal." Shodaime would say to Kayaku remembering her past. "I still have that fear to this day, even though she's been long dead."

"The people in the side branch are afraid to speak up, still too afraid to do anything to make a change for the clan. I've been wanting to do something for so long, but I'm always afraid of the chance of losing and thus making my chance to make a change be in vain. Though with you here, one of the strongest main branch members I know, my chances of succeeding has just increased ten-fold." Shodaime would say as Kayaku's two furry companions would return with breakfast. One of the plates contained just a raw piece of meat.

"You're not gonna eat that, are you?" Shodaime would say as she jokingly asked Kayaku, laughing as she asked him.
In Upendi [Sho]Mar 30, 2021 18:55:21 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
Shall I tell you a lie? I do despise a liar as I do despise one that is false

Kayaku listened attentively as Shodaime reminded him of the past; not all of them were bad times. In fact most of them were good, however, the bad ones were significantly larger in impact. Though it was true that the two of them hailed from different sides of the clan their lives were forever intertwined. He didn't know what to say to Shodaime so he stayed quiet and listened. The slight quiver in her body as she spoke in the woman's name gave credit to Shodaime's words. Kayaku couldn't help but to feel guilty, although he wasn't the cause of Sho's pain, he was a main branch Hyuga and would've been the leader of the clan. It was his responsibility to help heal Shodaime's wounds… even the two of them did not last or the Shinigami were to come early… he vowed to at least help her to heal from the past.

" There's nothing to fear now Shodaime, I'm here. If I can help you feel more secure let me know"

She'd continue on this time about the Hyuga'a side branch. From what Shodaime was saying, without Kayaku there as their voice and champion the side branch had become completely submissive. The words alone were enough to get the man riled up, his chakra flaring around him in a deep purple, the energy dripping with a mix of anger and melancholy. " I don't know how much a disgraced heir could help as far as the clan is concerned. However, I'm willing to help… maybe train some of their best warriors for the darker times ahead" the Hyuga stated trying not to sound too harsh. He wondered for a moment what it would be like as the Hyuga's leader… and then instantly thought of Shakar and it made him shudder.

Shodaime must've noticed his physical reaction so she'd change the subject, stirring it towards the food; more specifically the slab of raw meat that was presented with the other delicacies. "Of course not! The Rotu plain bears see me as their brother or son depending on the summon but hahaha I still cook my meat" he said nervously before motioning Bora over to the table. He'd tell the bear to eat the slab of raw meat then whispered to have him another one freshly hunted before tonight was over with.

"Well!! Dig in Shodai. This is as fresh as one for get huh? Right from the farm itself"

In Upendi [Sho]Apr 2, 2021 1:03:42 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would nod to Kayaku as he suggested for her to dig into her breakfast. She would grab one of the plates and begin to put bacon and eggs and fruit on her plate. Shodaime wasn't one to shy away from food, especially food that was free. She would think back again to when she was younger, a few days after leaving the hospital, Shodaime would be back to training with a younger Kayaku. She wondered why she waited so long to tell him of her love for him. She figured it was the looming shadow of his mother, the one person that would make her fear for her life. She figured, if she confessed her love to him then, Shuhada would find a way to make Shodaime's life a living hell. In hindsight, there were probably ways of telling him without his mother finding out, but that was in the past and she was now living in the present. She had her wish come true, she confessed to him and he reciprocated it. The only problem with that was he's a missing-nin. There would be no way anyone would be ok with him coming back to the village as a normal resident, without some miracle pardon from the Lady Hokage. Knowing some people's intense devotion to the village, she knew they would go after him in an instant.

"I know this is supposed to be a happy breakfast, but I figured I ask this now so I don't have to later." Shodaime would tell Kayaku. "How is our relationship going to work? I know for a fact, it would take a miracle for the village to allow you back in on a permanent basis. Even as Head Medic, there's no way in hell I would be able to pull enough strings to get a pardon from Niko-san." She would continue to explain.
"Are we going to sneak around with this relationship, or should we be more open about it?"
In Upendi [Sho]May 8, 2021 2:38:03 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
The best lie
is wrapped around
A core of truth.

Kayaku had started filling his plate, his face an veracious mask of hunger; meanwhile Kayaku's summons had retreated to the large red barn several meters away. As he pulled tender Pieces of meat from a larger selection, most likely a piece of beef. The Hyuga noticed a weary look on Shodaime's face, sticking a large marcel in his gaping maw. The Hyuga gave her a puzzling look in return, Shodaime must've noticed that Kayaku started to worry because she would kill the awkward silence that had started forming. He listened and chewed, to be completely honest kayaku had not thought this far ahead. He had been so engrossed in spending time with Shodaime that he didn't think of how the village and the current Hokage would see their relationship.

Of course he didn't really care what they thought, if Shodaime was willing to put up with his bullshit then he'd do the same no questions asked. Not to mention, Kayaku was a force to be reckoned with, with Shodaime at his side they'd be highly difficult to defeat, let alone kill. "Well, let's weight out our options. How I see it, there's two ways we could go about it. The first is we petition Konohagakure to consider my pardoning, the second is I reside within the countryside and stay hidden enough to not cause any problems" he replied, not answering her question. Kayaku couldn't answer her at the moment, however that didn't mean he was against returning to his home. Though being branded an S rank missing-nin made things difficult, and that wasn't even mentioning the part about him being dead.

What bothered him the most was that in order for him to even request a pardon, he'd have to have contact with Konohagakure officials. Given the village's track record, he wasn't entirely sure that they wouldn't set him up. In all honesty, if the shoe was on the other foot and he was the one issuing a criminal the pardon, he would more than likely order the execution of that criminal. The longer Kayaku thought about it the more he realized what a problem this could be for their future. "Whose to say that Konohagakure wouldn't try to execute me at the first chance they got? It's a miracle that I'm still alive today." he stopped himself because he didn't want to come off as pessimistic.

"Let's say Niko agreed to at least a meeting, how do you think it would go? And what would we even say? We have no proof, at least not right now that my mother was a despot. Do you think we could find some? Usually the village stays out of clan issues; we could work that route to justify the killing of a founding clan's leader" he said trying to come up with the best route that they could squeeze out of their asses. Kayaku had not been this nervous in quite a long time, he had survived escaping Konohagakure in the past, then lived alone for years as a missing-nin. Statistically, he had done very well for a world renowned criminal, and the thought of all he's done to simply survive blowing up in his face during a non-combat meeting with Konoha officials made him extremely anxious.

A mantra he used to repeat to himself in times of peril popped into his head and it wouldn't leave. Wait. Look. Notice. If you keep those three words in mind, you just might survive the next few days the Hyuga thought, waiting for Shodaime's response.

In Upendi [Sho]May 8, 2021 22:14:32 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime was surprised to hear Kayaku sound so nervous. She was also surprised to hear him say there was no proof of his mother being a despot. The proof had been talking with him this entire time. He was right though, even if he did somehow get a meeting with the Hokage, who was to say they wouldn't try to execute him on the spot.

"Getting you a meeting is going to be tricky, though not impossible. With my high ranking within the village, I should be able to talk with Hokage Niko. Though stopping them from trying to execute you is going to be even tougher. I don't even think I know anyone high ranking enough to tell them to back off from going after you." Shodaime would say as she would place her hand on her chin, deep into thought of what to do with the situation.

She then would realize he never answered her question about going public about their relationship. She'd never seen him avoid anything she'd ask before. It must've really troubled him if he went out of the way to avoid answering.

"Is there something wrong, Kayaku? You avoided my last question. I've never seen you not answer anything before."
In Upendi [Sho]May 10, 2021 0:04:37 GMT -5
Hyuga Kayaku
Hyuga Kayaku Avatar
groupnull
"Great change always comes down to the actions of a single person.”

Shit, she noticed

Kayaku wasn't being his usual self now, he was focusing too much on what ifs and the future. It wasn't like him and Shodaime was quick to mention the abrupt change. She was right too, one of Kayaku's most defining traits were his lack of shame and untethered nature. He didn't conform, blindly follow orders or worry about society's opinion. So why now? Why had he not jumped to answer her simple question, even a yes or no would have sufficed but silence? Now that was rather odd even for Kayaku. The man mustered a weary smile before explaining what was on his mind, "Wouldn't loving someone like me publicly, tarnish your reputation? Sho, you've come so far. I mean, I guess I didn't think you would want to. If I had it my way, we'd serve together side by side as the Hyuga clan leaders." he said genuinely, releasing one of his hesitations and insecurities that involved their future.

He'd notice the slight wince and subsequent grimace that crept across her face after he mentioned needing proof. "I'm sorry sho, I didn't mean that you weren't proof or that what you went through. " He paused and sighef grabbing her palm in one hand and her soft cheek in another. "Ugh, let me start over. I wasn't sure if you wanted to relive that, being questioned and grilled as if what you experienced weren't true you don't deserve that. But... Truthfully speaking, We need more than a disgraced heir, turned criminal and a vengeful side branch member to persuade anyone" luckily for Kayaku his inconsiderate words switched the flow of conversation from himself and his physical and verbal tics, back to the subject at hand.

"After hearing about that Gure situation in Yuki and the attacks on the port villages a couple months ago. It seemed as though tensions were rising. Konoha could use a slight change in leadership"

Kayaku was trying to find a way to go about this that didn't lead to conflict however, he was fairly unsuccessful. With the volitity and uncertainty of the shinobi world, every road pointed towards War. The only difference was if it were to be a Civil War and Revolution or an International War like that of the Great Shinobi conflicts of the past. "Sho, I just remembered something. During my days in ANBU, we relied on the Yamanaka to confirm the authenticity of a given intel. The two of us could find a Yamanaka willing to verify what we know to be true, beforehand and then contact the village afterwards" he'd suggest, with the Yamanaka clan's process with mind and mental related jutsu there's no way either of them could lie or hide information. It could lend much needed credit to Sho and Kayaku's claims and how the former heir had no other choice acting in the best interest of the clan.

Bloop x3