Part of the Team

compose a reply
Part of the TeamMar 12, 2021 13:28:31 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
My creations are the cataclysm that occurs when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
age 28 years old birthday 14 August rank Jounin occupation Lieutenant of Traps in Explosion Corps | Operations Team 2 Leader
Kai had a new teammate and as leader of his squad he liked to get acquainted with new blood. The new addition was from the Okada Clan, a name hed come across at least once before. From his gathering Himari was said to be one of the most talented fighters to come out the group of performance professionals. The kunoichi's skill in taijutsu was her stand-out so he'd heard, which eased Kai's mind knowing she could balance out with Okami who dealt in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

As team leader he was responsible for the logistics of the group and on paper he liked how they looked. He was yet to meet Himari so he went looking for her where he was certain he'd find her. Her gym was the most logical place to look for her in so he strolled in, looking a lot less hostile than his normal self with none of his gear on person save for a satchel of clay. Identifying his girl by her bright head of hair he approached, calm as was his nature. "Okada Himari?" he asked with arms folded behind his back, spine straight and a proud posture. "Nōhime Kai." he introduced himself with the slightest of bows.

"I came to offer my official welcome to Operations Team 2. I am the team leader in case you don't know this already."

-x-

WORDS

Nello has written 41 posts
Part of the TeamMar 15, 2021 14:02:45 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday January 18th rank SP Jounin occupation Operation Team Member
Part of the Team
"Yea..."

Himari would hear her name being called out as she struck against the cushioned bag of sand in front of her. The training gym was one of the benefits of being one of the Okada stars. While she certainly wasn't looking to make a comeback, despite her family's protest that she at least consider it, the blonde haired female did enjoy taking some time on the mat herself. Training the new blood gave little time for her to train herself, though in moments like this where such a task was complete, she could indeed focus on herself.

Plus hitting something was a good stress release...

In seeing the man as he made his approach, the young woman would hold the sand bag still with both hands, the sweat on her brow apparent as she released slow breaths.

"Ya'll lookin for somethin..."

Her tone was calm as she spoke, soon reaching for a towel that laid close by. In wiping her face, her body still glistening with the efforts of her strikes, she'd see his bow in her direction, along with hear his introduction. This was Kai Nohime, her superior on Operation Team 2 and leader. As he and her had not officially met, this was the first time she actually got a good look at the older male. He certainly seemed like someone who either took himself just as seriously as she did, but had the stuff to back it up.

"I reckon....Toured the pond a bit and got some of the know on ya'll...still...thanks for takin me..."

With a small smile resting across her lips, she'd place the towel over her shoulders, holding on to both ends as she began to speak.

"What can I do for ya chief?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Tag: | Words: | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 165 posts
Part of the TeamApr 12, 2021 14:35:58 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
My creations are the cataclysm that occurs when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
age 28 years old birthday 14 August rank Jounin occupation Lieutenant of Traps in Explosion Corps | Operations Team 2 Leader
The young woman was working up a decent sweat with her hits on that punching bag. It relaxed him even more seeing the dedication in every drop that trickled down defined muscles. She had the body and form of a fighter, punching with the very same grace and technique. As a leader of a team it was assuring to know that the people behind you could keep up well enough to guard your back. The Okada was solid. He knew that not from her training session, but from her record which he looked into when news of her potential move to his team first landed on his radar.

She was quiet the explosion even in her roots with her clan's wrestling divisions. Her resemblance to Taki Okada instantly reminded him of the little girl he once sparred with. He wondered if the accents were an Okada thing seeing as the two girls spoke so similarly. "I came to get know more about my teammate. I've read a whole report about you but in my experience it's better to get to know someone through a casual face-to-face." the depth of one's character could be best observed where things like a smile could be seen, and experienced. "I hope I'm not interrupting?" he motioned to her punching bag.

"I'd offer to join you but I've already experienced the wrath of an Okada before and I'm not very keen on that at the moment." Having gone toe-to-toe with Taki once before, Kai would admit that their fighting style was a handful. Himari was Taki's superior in years and experience so he only assumed that her own ability was much more developed than that of the youngling in her clan.
-x-
WORDS

Part of the TeamApr 14, 2021 11:13:49 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday January 18th rank SP Jounin occupation Operation Team Member
Part of the Team
"Heh....Taki took ya for a ride huh? Sounds like her..."

Tilting her head to the side, Himari would continue to hold the towel with both hands, keeping it over her shoulders before making her way over to the older male as she held a smirk across her face. As it seemed that Kai was more of a hands on leader, he wanted to meet with his new squad mate to be sure of just what she was about. She could respect that. After all, they would be depending on each other in combat, and someone who was out of their element in just dealing with people in general couldn't be much help on the field. She certainly wasn't a daisy-girl.

At the mention of him possibly interuptting her, the blonde would shake her head as she leaned slightly on the side of her hip.

"Naw...just punchin the sack a bit...ain't nothin to stop me since waitin on assignments give some free time...plus my trainee just booked it so had some free time..."

Shrugging her shoulders, she'd then begin to move around him as she leaned up against the nearby counter, her arms crossed over her chest as she released a sigh.

"So whatcha wanna know? Waist size? Combat tactics? How I look in a bikini? Damn good just sayin...or ya want personal history?"If thats all, ya got the gist of it in the record...former champion...retired to join militia...no dad...well...have a dad..just ain't around....and another likely on the lamb...less ya askin Taki...she thinks he's out there...I ain't so foolish to believe it...but a kid's gotta believe in somethin in this world..."

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Part of the TeamMay 3, 2021 14:51:30 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
On another day Kai might have offered to spar but today he wasn't in the mood. He was still a little sore from Taki throwing him around but that was by far not an excuse for him not to fight Himari. He'd gone easy on Taki, mostly because he couldn't fight her with less leniency. If he'd gone all out and pulled every trick out of his bag Himari's relative might have been gravely injured, or worse yet non-existent. The tone of his visit to Himari could have easily been one of mourning and sorrow at him potentially killing/harming Taki. Thankfully, he had been the better teacher, allowing the young Okada to live and tell the tale of how she bested the Atomic Blond in combat.

"Yes, she is a handful that one. Kai agreed "Are you two sisters?" again the similarities between them were hard to overlook. At this point he was thinking they may have been blood related.

"I already know all that. . ." waist size included. It sounded creepy but a report included such details -- maybe not a picture of her in a bikini but her combat overview and background were definitely detailed. The information he had about her wasn't as extensive however so he came to hear it all from the horses mouth, both as double confirmation and as a way for him to learn things about her that were missing from the report. "But consider this an opportunity for you to get to know me as well." building team chemistry was two-way dance. He couldn't expect to take without ever giving.

"Having a sense of hope isn't a bad thing. It only becomes a weakness when we hold on to it for something that is long gone." that was blind hope. "The only thing worth believing in is yourself, so if you feel your father is passed you, focus on making the most out of your potential." Himari was young, only now coming into adulthood. She had a long life ahead of her, one that couldn't be wasted thinking on the what ifs about her father. . .
-x-

WORDS

Part of the TeamMay 17, 2021 19:51:00 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Part of the Team
"Hard to tell huh?....Taki's my lil cousin...but we look alike so many think we are. Ain't wrong...we may as well be.."

A smirk would rest over Himari's face at the thought of Taki being her sister. Though with how much she acted like her, it wasn't hard to see how people would mistake them as siblings. The two had nearly grown up together, and Taki's own entrance into the Ring had mostly been on her admiration of Himari doing so. Of course, when it came down to it, Taki likely had more fun doing it than she really did. In truth, she did mostly for the challenge and less for the fame. Not to mention that with all her pent up aggression, she used OWA as an outlet. Now, she beat up bandits, killers and thieves to get through her outbursts.

At the mention of how he was more than aware of some of her more personal details, a laugh came from beneath her lips as she shook her head.

"Ya'll must of gotta OWA's magazines on the subject to get that tidbit...that or intel is wayyy more evasive than I reckoned.."

Embarrassing to have that information just out in the open, but more than a few issues had gotten sold when she did them, likely not all brought by the right demographic but...ryo was ryo. Still as this soon became more or personal matter, especially with the idea of if she was truly passed her father or not coming into question, the blonde would then shake her head as she placed one hand behind her head.

"Ain't so easy...bein tough with it all...but he didn't go and help raise me to be some sack of tears...and my training tells me that there ain't no way he's comin back...I know Taki ain't for facts...she'd rather believe in the small chance...I can't take it from 'er..."

With that out of the way, Himari would soon find her bottle of water, taking a sip from it's unopened spout as she began to look over Kai.

"So...a chance to know the boss huh? Alright....whatcha bout?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Part of the TeamJun 28, 2021 13:31:26 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
"I see." so Kai wasn't that far off after all. The two girls were related, however, more distantly than he'd initially thought. Though from how Himari spoke of Taki in the conversation they seemed to share a closeness that transcended beyond two distant relatives. From the sounds of it Taki had a vested interest in the whereabouts of Himari's father. Why might that be? "It sounds like your cousin holds greater faith in your father than you. . . Kai made his observation "What wrong did he do to you?" the assumption was bold but it only made sense that she scorned him for a fault.

"Not quiet. Let's just say you'll be surprised at the depth of information the village keeps on it's shinobi." he knew very well having once been a black ops agent that gathered such sensitive information. The methods behind this gathering were invasive indeed at times, even on it's own ninja. Kai had hired a thief to steal Himari's file from the village archives. Long past the days of his ANBU status he couldn't do so himself without drawing unwanted attention to himself.

"What don't you know, let's see. . ." he said, putting some thought into it. There was much he didn't want Himari, or anyone random knowing about him like his tainted service history. He was a decorated ninja at that. One whose reputation she'd likely heard whispers about. If not Kai would give her a declassified summary of own personal report. "Apart from leading this team I also have duties within our Blasting Corps. I specialize in ninjutsu with particular talents in stealth and destruction." there was nothing personal mentioned in his statement.

It almost sounded like a report but that was the professionalism of his character speaking. "And don't call me boss. I may be your leader but you'll learn that's not how we always move on missions. I may have you or someone else take the lead if I feel you're better suited for a mission directive." Kai liked taking charge, he just didn't like being recognized as such. It made him feel older than he was. . .

-x-

Part of the TeamJun 30, 2021 14:44:17 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Part of the Team
"He ain't done nothin...just I ain't gonna hold a candle of hope for em...just another guy walkin in and out...less tears for me since I'm grown..."

Her arms would fold across her chest, eyes shifting slightly to the side as she did in fact mean much of what she had said. If she were to allow herself to feel the full impact of this situation, it wouldn't very well do her any good. She loved her daddy...she respected him. He was more a father to her hand her actual father, and he had stayed around when others would have just kept it moving. But not him...he stayed, took care of her and her mother. Not that they needed rescuing, but he did so out of love. Not many could say that with a straight face.

Realizing that he was gone, and coming to terms with it. It was better to do so coldly than to let it consume her. Taki was more brazen on the idea because she had her own hatred toward Konohagakure. Something that Himari didn't have much time for. Especially when you understood that things often weren't as clear as day to place blame on one group. It was just like fighting in the dark, you didn't know who you were hitting until a light got flashed over to see your target. At times, you ended up making even more of a mess.

As she listened to Kai speak upon something she might not know about him, the Jounin would learn that he was not only leading this team, but also was a member of the Blasting Corps. Much of which was a separate group completely from normal operations. Every extra group held some special talent that granted much more of a unison front, allowing for greater results. All power to them. But that didn't seem to give any real insight into the man himself, only that he was talented with Ninjutsu of a more explosive nature. Or at least, that was as much Himari could get outta him.

At his secondary comment of not calling him 'boss', the implication was that he seemed to relay on everyone to use their own unique talents, depending on the situation. This meant that each of them, may be asked to take point if the situation called for it.

"Makes sense..."

Shrugging her shoulders, Himari would then set her water bottle down as she turned her back to remove her towel from her shoulders, allowing it to lay upon the table as she turned herself around once more.

"So who else ya got on this team?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Okada Himari on Jun 30, 2021 14:45:07 GMT -5
Part of the TeamJul 11, 2021 13:11:27 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull

In their world agendas against parent's could nearly be as common as one's with enemy villages. The ninja life wasn't easy on relationships, especially one's between parent and child. How often did shinobi parent's neglect their young because of their work or bring the trauma's of work home to their children? Too many times and most times the child of a shinobi coped with this by following in the footsteps of their ninja parents and becoming a ninja themselves. It could be a vicious cycle that birthed one bitter generation after another.

Kai's own father hadn't been a shinobi or he might have shared in Himari's sentiment towards him. The man led an ordinary life, forever supportive of his son as Kai dedicated his life to servitude. He saw his failed dream of becoming a ninja come alive in his son which united them more than it separated them. Theirs still had the father-child love, despite his dad's ambitions for his ninja career. Not once had he shoved some legacy down Kai's throat for him to live up to.

Kai noticed that most times children of ninja grew up fast. Himari sounded mature for her age, a trait he admired in anyone. Maturity meant a clear thinker and he loved someone who could think straight on his team. "The other member of our unit is Okami Tadaomi, a young man from the Nekomata clan. Feel free to make introduction if you haven't already. I plan on the next time we gather as a group to be for a mission." best way to build chemistry was to get his men in a mission. If they didn't know each other by then they'd get to know each other on a job.

Tadaomi was Himari's age give or take. They likely knew each other, maybe even graduated together. The name might have been familiar to Himari, or not considering how withdrawn and training-oriented the young man could be. If the two were strangers Kai would have to facilitate the interaction between them seeing as he was team leader. For future missions he was even thinking about how they could potentially set up and move. Taki and Tadaomi's fighting styles were complimentary to each other, supplementary to his own. It looked like he'd be doing a lot of backing up for them most times, up until they got that last member to add something different to their dynamic. "Which will be soon I hope so be prepared to head out on my call."

-x-

Part of the TeamJul 15, 2021 19:55:24 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Part of the Team
"Hmmm...might just....can't say I met em in person...least I don't reckon I did..."

In all honesty, the name sounded familiar enough to make her at least remember it. Of course, considering how much of a blur her time within the academy was, she couldn't really be blamed if she hadn't formally introduced herself. Her focus had been so dead set on becoming a Genin that she wouldn't have even noticed other people. It was simply how she was, she was determined when it came to her goals, and nothing got in her way of getting to them. It was just how she was raised.

Which the more she thought about it..the more angry she got at the fact that she may have picked a career that was for a dead man.

As it seemed that they would soon enough be called upon for an mission together, the blonde would nod with a calm expression, allowing a smirk to cross her lips as she placed one hand upon her forearm, allowing the motion of her bicep to do the rest of the work.

"I'll be ready..."

With that said, she'd soon begin to prepare to make her leave. It was likely that there was no further trainees arriving at this time of the day, and she had managed to get her own work out in at the same time. It seemed like a good enough point to stop, then press on harder tomorrow.

"Anythin else ya'll think I should know?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Part of the TeamJul 21, 2021 10:54:45 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
Kai was trying to work out the logistics of their first mission as a team. He had some assignments in mind, some of which involved questionable doings. As team leader he hoped neither Himari or Okami were the questioning type. Kai's personal goals weren't forgotten in the wake of his team duties. He still had his eyes on being Tsuchikage but that was for the long-term.

For now he had to take steps to get there, one of which was igniting an internal conflict within The Stone's hierarchy. Discord could be a breeding ground for opportunity, the kind that could usher in new kages and topple old regimes. Kai cared for The Stone and it's people but in order to build sometimes one needed to tear down. Planting those seeds would take time and patience, but with two other ninjas under his command he could potentially speed up the process. "Yes, there is more." he said as he watched her gather her things.

"How would you feel about joining me on more classified work?" he decided to clarify it a little more "Similar work to what they'll have you doing in the ANBU; covert operations, sabotages, assassinations, nothing for the feint hearted." he informed, watching her reaction carefully "I used to be in the ANBU myself so I have someone on the inside giving such jobs to me. while he had been a black ops operative once before there was no one on the inside giving him the work. Himari didn't need to know that though.

"Again, I just need to know you'll move on my say so."

-x-

Part of the TeamJul 23, 2021 9:57:50 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Part of the Team
"Hmmm...somethin else?"

It was certainly a rare offer to be included into more sensitive operations. It wasn't common either, or at least not to Himari's knowledge to be included in them. As far as she knew, such black operations were indeed reserved for only those within the required squads. Yet, it seemed that Kai was offering to bring her in on them, though telling her that such missions were not for the faint of heart.

"Do I look like some daisy gal?"

Her hand resting upon her hip, the blonde would raise her brow with a narrowed expression, keeping her attention upon the older male as he reminded her that once again, such missions would require the knowledge that he could indeed count on her to follow orders. Such a matter had never been an issue before, unless she figured it might be a foolish task. But even then, it only left her with a minor moment of pause before doing it with only the skin on her teeth to manage it. Still, that was what you did in the military. You took orders, even bad ones.

"Sug..long as I get a check...I'll jump up and kick at the moon..."

A smirk crossed her lips before then allowing it to fade as she held a calm look on her face, her blue eyes narrowed as she began to speak again.

"Why the interest in side hustles if ya left that life?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Part of the TeamJul 23, 2021 15:43:34 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
Kai liked what he was hearing from the kunoichi. Compliance from soldiers was to the satisfaction of any squad leader. That's what the shinobi life entailed; servitude. The same way he served Kouen, generations of ninja would serve the sensei and leaders above them. Himari's blind eagerness was nothing but their conditioning towards following orders. He could see himself making good use of her if she stayed that way, both her and her teammate.

He had yet to test the waters with Okami but he hoped he wound present himself for use in the same way Himari had. "I wouldn't have proposed this if I did and you don't have to worry about the pay. My contact will make sure it's always worth it." if ryo was what she was concerned about Kai would fit the bill from his pocket, no worries.

Just as he didn't want her asking too many questions she posed one that he had to think carefully before answering. "I wouldn't call village interests side hustles." he folded his hands behind his back "Don't underestimate the importance of this work Himari." he said with a little more seriousness in his voice to try distract from her real question. "It'll be integral work towards The Stone's future." he was trying to build a Stone where he could have more influence. If Himari played her role as a tool in the construction she could find herself sitting alongside him when the time came to reap the rewards.

-x-

Part of the TeamJul 24, 2021 11:42:35 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Part of the Team
"Alright then..."

If this was Kai when he was serious, than perhaps there was more to this work than what Himari had assumed. Though in truth, she couldn't say for sure what to expect from it. Payment aside, if it was for the benefit of their home, she was willing to do what she could. It was the least she could do...and not just for the village itself.

"No worries on that front...when I commit...I commit..."

With her reaching for her bag, drawing the towel from the side and placing it within, the blonde would then hold a calm look as she nodded her head.

"Just tell me what ya'll need me to do..."

In truth, between assignments and her job as a trainer, she really didn't allow herself much free time. She liked being busy, and lately work was a good distraction from a lot of other things going on in her head. It was better than the alternative, and she had no time to be acting like a child looking for a ghost.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Part of the TeamJul 25, 2021 13:04:50 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
"I will. All in due time. Just stay ready." Kai replied preparing to go his own way. Something told him not to worry about Himari. She was young and eager to make her mark. He was the same as a young ninja under Kouen's wing and that drive had taken him far. He hoped he could sharpen her the same way Kouen had done for him.

He wasn't her sensei but as leader of their unit he would play a role in her path as a ninja for as long as she stayed under his wing. "One more question before we go our separate ways. What is your goal for your career as a ninja?" Kai was interested in her motivations behind becoming a ninja. It would help him better understand her psyche a little better.

It may even be of help in his planning of their next mission. His mind was running through the possible logistics. His impression of Himari was positive. She was someone he could see himself serving alongside with. Kai liked how headstrong she was and how serious she took her training.

With an attitude like that she was on her way to becoming an accomplished ninja. He hoped her aspirations didn't end within the confines of her clan's wrestling business though. Kai had declined leading his own clan, feeling like it restricted his bigger vision. He saw she had something cozy in her clan gym, hopefully she wasn't so comfortable that it made her complacent in staying where she was for the rest of her days. . .

-x-