Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
The Role of Leadership

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"With all due respect Lady Arashi...a decision needs to be made on this matter..."

"Yea...you've said that already....twice..."

Arashi would look toward the older male with a calm expression, studying the markings upon the map as she then glanced up toward the Master of Seals and then toward one of his followers. It was a plan in which to help improve seals within and around the village. An important function toward the defense of Sunagakure, but no less frustrating. In truth, if Hirokai-sensei was around, it was likely that they'd be asking for his opinion. Sadly, there were few others outside of the leadership that understood Fuinijutsu, and Arashi happened to be one of the leadership...or at least the most accessible.

As she remained seated upon the surface of her desk, her eyes narrowed as she continued to examine it, she'd close her eyes before then handing the diagram back toward the older male.

"Truth is...none of these positions allow for a proper holding point...the moment someone figures out the linking symbol...the whole field would fall apart...have ya considered a different formation of seal pattern?"

"Different formation?"

She could see the old master starting to get riled up, his face turning red as the young woman would blink for a moment.

"I....have been monitoring the security of this village since before you were born girl! This pattern is perfect! The flaw happens to fall upon those that you placed to ensure that it remains in tact!"

"Look...I'm just sayin that it would probably be best to attempt somethin new....maybe even look at it from the perspective of...."

It seemed like the man was ready to pull out his own hair, leading to the short haired brunette to blink for a moment with her head tilted in confusion.

"He gonna be alright?"

As his follower seemed to nod, a knock upon her office door came to perhaps save Arashi from dealing with an old man's outburst, prompting her gaze to shift over.

"Lady Arashi....Lady Akane would like a moment with you in her office...."

It wasn't too out of place to be called out for a meeting, though considering that her Aunt knew every moment someone was in session or outside of the building, it seemed odd for such a request to come to her. Still, the teen wasn't about to complain about an escape route.

"Ummm...I'm sorry Seal Master...I should not be too long....please continue allow for my assistant to take over for me while I attend to this..."

With her flashing a small grin, the Jounin Hancho would leave the room in due haste, leaving to two men to wait within. Of course, there was still an issue.

"Just who in the hell is her assistant?!"

It was at this question that Nai would seem to take a seat within Arashi's chair, barking loudly as she nudged a scroll in the direction of the older male, waiting for him to write down what he wished to say as the canine waited for him to finish.

This only caused for the man to yell from behind Arashi's closed door, the young woman already down the hall as she rolled her eyes.

Better Nai than me...

Releasing a breath, the girl would come upon Akane's office, knocking upon the door before entering as she leaned against it as she could hear more screaming coming from behind her. As if awaiting for a moment for the footsteps to pass, the girl would then sigh as she then rubbed the back of her neck as she glanced over in Akane's direction.

"In my defense Aunt K...that guy is nuts...just in case he says somethin different...."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x | Nai

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,711 posts
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Jun 4, 2021 12:41:09 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Akane
Chikamatsu Akane Avatar
groupnull
age 36 years old birthday March 28 rank Jounin occupation Kage Assistant

Perfection is a Choice

Hard Work and Dedication are the Foundation

Change. It was an essential part of life and growth. Without change a seed would not expand, nor would a flower bloom; a person could not grow from child to adult nor could a student surpass their master. Yet…not all change was good. The changes Sungakure had been undergoing under Takato’s reign had to be good… right? Or so it seemed on the surface, or many surfaces. Businesses flourished, there were times of peace, and the village was relatively quiet.

Yet the medic couldn’t fight her tension. The build up of years of frustration and pressure was beginning to take its toll and the changes of late were almost more than she could bear. There were many thoughts on her mind and few were given the freedom of hearing all of them. One change being fairly new was one of her god-daughter… Arashi had no idea the saving grace she put upon people from the Chikamatsu’s fury, how much Arashi spared others by simply existing. A heavy sigh fell from the woman’s lips as she paced before her desk, the short woman in flowing garments moving back and forth without a paper in hand, nothing to read and certainly nothing focused on.

A rattling sound came from her desk, the fat little viper wriggling its tail towards the female shinobi in its own vague concern. Silence in the room to remain other than the bare tapping of feet and occasional rattling….

"Things are not going in a good direction, Kotone…”

Weariness in her voice, fatigue, the stresses of the village and its everyday affairs nothing compared to all the changes, whispers, and suggestions just beneath that top layer…

"Enter.”

A strong answer to the knock to her door with Arashi falling in soon after. Leaning against the door and listening? While Akane would have ceased her pacing and watched the girl with the slightest cant to her head. What… was going on…? Had the meeting with the Fuuinjutsu Master gone badly..?

Closing her eyes and raising a hand to her head, two fingertips pressing into her forehead with the slightest bit of pressure as she leaned back against her desk. She wasn’t sure how she was going to start this meeting before… and Arashi would have inserted one of her typical turntables…

Gathering herself, taking a slow and deep breath, the woman would soon lower her hand and eyes look to one of the few windows within that office of hers. Overlooking the streets of Sunagakure and the heat it always seemed to radiate.

"What direction do you think Sungakure is headed?”

Brief, simple, and asking of the girl. What were her thoughts, they could start there...

Chikamatsu Akane
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Natsu has written 161 posts
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Jun 6, 2021 15:22:58 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The Role of Leadership

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi would blink for a moment, seeing what seemed like a bit of tension in her aunt's tone. Though as she walked over toward the desk, the woman's face seemed centered toward the window within her office, rather than much upon her being there. She had been the one to call her here, she figured it was more or less just to do a check in. Or perhaps to ask her about something that had to do with the Master of Seals visit. Though instead, what seemed to come from the older woman was a question upon the direction of Sunagakure.

"Ummm....it's direction?"

Crossing her arms over her chest, the young female would blink for a moment as she then looked upward toward the ceiling.

"I'd guess more or less okay. I mean..we have a strong army...defenses have improved with Dad's initiative of the Corps departments...just finding the professionals and volunteers. Security could be better...why?"

Arashi would then allow her gaze to return back to Akane, a calm expression resting on her lips before releasing a sigh.

"Is that the answer ya were lookin for?"
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x | Nai

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Aug 18, 2021 15:13:57 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Akane
Chikamatsu Akane Avatar
groupnull

Perfection is a Choice

An answer was given by her goddaughter, though Akane simply stayed quiet while she listed the active status of whatever stations came to Arashi’s mind. It wasn’t a terrible answer, she supposed, though it wasn’t exactly what she was looking for either. The current state of things was ‘fine’ is what the older woman would have gotten from it. The young girl and Jōnin Hanchou believing things were more or less okay but with improvement perhaps going on.

Which brought the younger girl’s attention back to Akane. Looking to the Chikamatsu with some expectation and a question off her lips, it would take the other woman a moment or two of focus before she’d look back… Those restless streets of Sunagakure, hot and dry, bustling with people meant to do their own business and find their way of life…

"Perhaps…”

A quiet word, soon looking back to Arashi and lifting her body off her desk. The tension she felt never completely subsided, though wasn’t as obvious as it could have been throughout her body.

"You spoke of its current state, how things were more or less fine. But where is it headed? And what do you think of that direction?”

A shift of thoughts, or at least she’d attempt for one. The status of now was fine… but her father looked to the future, for better or worse, so too should she.

Chikamatsu Akane
MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Aug 22, 2021 22:55:12 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The Role of Leadership

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Is this a test?"

Arashi would hold a calm expression, looking toward her aunt with a blank expression as she could never really tell when the woman was being serious and stern, or insightful and giving small bits of wisdom. In truth, at times it could be both.

"I mean...it could be better? Honestly, with the way dad has been attempting at expansion into enemy territories is a bit..unnerving..."

Closing her eyes, Arashi would release a breath as she shook her head.

"I guess...I always thought that we only attacked when it looked like there was threat to us...but some of these places having even so much have tested our borders...or at least not to the extent of seeming to be planning an invasion..It's almost like we're setting bombs without knowing if we'll even need to use them...I know we're ninjas, but when did we start literally trying to set time bombs without so much as attempting Negotiations..."

Perhaps it was just nerves...or maybe it was something else.

"Either way...it really doesn't matter what I think too much...I'm his second so I gotta believe that the way things are going is a good call...right?"

Maybe it was simply her inexperience or perhaps the fact that she was still trying to understand just how much authority she really had. So far, she knew that she controlled the militia and was to be the primary backer of the Kazekage. His will was for her to ensure was followed through. Aside from the other underlining factor that came with it, she was not sure of anything else.

"Besides...even if I did have something against the plan that I could get a result...he'll just try and outtalk me...you're his advisor...and you probably have more sway over him than anyone here..save for mom..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Oct 21, 2021 12:16:15 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Akane
Chikamatsu Akane Avatar
groupnull

Perfection is a Choice

What her god-daughter would then speak was… surprising. There were plenty of times that Arashi had spent outside the village and created chaos, or within the village and drama ensued, or even her own emotional outbursts and escapes from her home when she was on lockdown. Akane may not have known them all nor witnessed it all, but there had been enough doubt in her mind that the young girl was not ready in the least to take on the position of Jounin Hanchou. She didn’t have the experience or battle expertise that the position required, she hadn’t been out in the field enough, she didn’t know enough of how the world worked.

But perhaps that was the silver lining. Arashi didn’t know all of the ins and outs of such political and militaristic strategies. She questioned her father’s every turn and held her own thoughts and moral beliefs in high regard. "Hm…” A thoughtful hum played across the older woman’s lips as she’d feel that stress and tension from which she had when inviting Arashi to her office turn a very completely different way. It… it was funny actually. Really funny..

The tanned woman dropping her chin and her shoulder shaking lightly, no sound at first but just the subtle look of the tremble through her body. And quietly… that laugh surfacing. Small chuckles as the brown eyed woman would look up to her god-daughter and delicate fingers wrapped over her own lips to try and stifle the sound. One that had long since been so open and amused… Ah Takato… He had brought his daughter to that position to try and reign her in, but how much better would it be for her beloved Village if she stoked the fires of her god-daughter’s spirit…

"Come here, Arashi”

The short woman letting her laugh fall away, small notes of it still in the request she gave as she opened her arms to the younger girl. The gesture surely meant to wrap the other girl in a hug, one that would have been firm and close, taking a deep breath as if to solidify the girl was actually there. Linger a moment or two, then pull away, hands to press to the shoulders of the girl.

"Truth be told, I brought you here to size you up and find you wanting in your position. Your father behaved wrecklessly to try and put you in a position that you were not ready for, and my understanding was, in hopes to shackle you.

Now. don’t get me wrong. I still believe that you are not traditionally fit for the role of Jounin Hanchou, but perhaps it’s the non traditional fit that we need the most. Your father is a stubborn, stubborn man. His eyes and heart have closed to other ways of thinking to where he encircles himself in what he thinks is right, or can be smooth talked into disastrous ways of thinking. You are essential. You are in a position that no one else can achieve. Takato’s daughter. The village’s Jinchuuriki. And the Jounin Hanchou herself.”

A chuckle rolled off her lips again, hand moving to the chin of her god daughter and appraising the tanned features and youthfulness of the girl.

"Let him know what he’s gotten himself into. Hold your head high, for you are more special than anyone in this village can hope to be. Speak with confidence. Challenge him whenever he does something you don’t agree with. He can either explain it to you, or fight you. Being the KazeKage does not give him the right to be a tyrant and he has placed you in a position to cause him the most mayhem should he step out of line.”

A soft pat to the cheek and step away, a deep breath in and surprisingly she felt a little better… Takato swayed by her? Hah! He showed how little he took her opinion… the insult he flung upon her without even having the decency to show up to her face…

"Your father hasn’t been swayed by my words in years. If you feel you lose your sway over him, then find a new way to turn his eye. He’s given you power, my dear. There are people counting on you and him to do the right things.”

Ah words... why were there so many.... but perhaps this was a good time to lay out so many. Arashi was an important figure now, one that had power. A surprising turn of events where she thought she was going to have to tell her god daughter she wasn't fit for the position now she was encouraging her to throw around her weight to keep Takato in line. Someone had to...

Chikamatsu Akane
MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Oct 24, 2021 21:25:22 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The Role of Leadership

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

There was a moment of silence as it seemed as though her aunt was in a state of contemplation. Which could be either a good or bad thing. In truth, Arashi wasn't sure if her role held any true merit aside from being a commander with more responsibilities. While she was learning, and she knew that she certainly wasn't as experienced as most that held positions lower than herself, she didn't allow it to bother her so much because her father was encouraging her that she would grow into it. Which, had been indeed true the longer she kept trying.

But, in the end, there still felt as though there were a minor lapse when it came to her opinions having any real sway over that within those who should be taking her seriously. While not always intended, it seemed to be the case with her father mostly. But then, she imagined that a lot to do with the same reason why he was trying to get her to keep at it. Because she had work on getting it.

As the silence continued, it seemed as if the older female had returned to recognizing she was still in the room, summoning her over to her with an open embrace. A strange gesture, but not unfamiliar as she did always feel close to her Aunt and trusted her completely. So as the two embraced, she was able to feel the comfort of family before being released as the woman looked at her with a calm expression. As well as explain her previous intentions.

To size her up...

"Uh huh....I figured it was for something else so that...is somewhat comforting?"

The last part seemed to hold some merit, though she was reluctant to think that even with her father's many means of trying to keep her in line, he would think a promotion would be the best means of doing so. After all, he was placing people's lives in her hand, in a position that she was very new to. It could be a sense of showing how much he trusted her, but if it was to keep her in check...it did work...

Still....could that really be...

With Akane continuing to speak, she spoke of what she thought and while Arashi was not what she thought of when it came to the Jounin Hancho, it perhaps may be the one that Sunagakure needed. Arashi was in a position that few could say in agreement. She was not only the daughter of the Kazekage, but also the Village Jinchurriki and now it's commander. While her father was indeed stubborn and not completely open to ideas that were not in line with this own, Arashi had the power in which to combat against them. She told her to speak with confidence when dealing with her father, something that Arashi could do, but perhaps had become less inclined to as of late. But with good reason.

She was supposed to be his supporter, or so she thought. But she was also to be his checking point. The one to stand up to him if his ideas were a threat to the village.

Feeling the woman's hand beneath her face, she'd hold a calm expression as she held a nervous expression.

"I...didn't or..rather...I don't know how...I can't think of any time he's really listened to me...I mean...he's understood...or at the very least he acknowledged my feelings on something...But...I don't know if he's ever really listened..."

As she felt a light pat on her cheek, the woman would step away as she spoke once more on how her father hadn't really listened to her much either in the past few years. In this, it was up to Arashi to begin showing that she could stand up to her father, especially if it were on matters of the village. They both had a part to play in doing what was right for all, not just themselves.

Maybe thats also why he did it...I may not feel shackled but I certainly don't feel that empowered either...I'm supposed to be the Jounin Hanchou...

With her hand resting on her hip, Arashi would then sigh as she looked to the side.

"So...confidence...and standing up for things that are right for everyone...and not just myself...and keeping the Kazekage in check...that's my role..."

Closing her eyes, she'd then look over to the older female would a calm expression.

"How will I know when to do it? Dad's literally been running this village for years...and there are people here who think even less of me and won't even listen...I just ran out of a meeting with the SEAL Corps council because they hated me giving my opinion because I don't have gray hair.."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Mar 11, 2022 11:35:00 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Akane
Chikamatsu Akane Avatar
groupnull

Perfection is a Choice

That young child was growing up… Arashi being that young and tender girl only seemed to be a distance memory of the woman that stood before Akane. It made the hesitance in the girl a little more endearing… The child she had once embraced in her arms was still there somewhere and it tugged at the older woman’s heart. Children were such precious things….

But that wasn’t the point of now nor of this meeting. No. Arashi was given a positions of strength.

"Stubborn. Opinionated. Your father has a way of seeing things in his own version of black and white. If you disagree with him, he’ll nod at you in understanding and do what he believes regardless.”

Though a faint smirk came to her lips all the same. Amusement and pride in that god-daughter of hers.

"Unfortunately for him, his daughter is clever and equally stubborn. He has granted you the power of the second in command of the Village.”

A pause given, Arashi having spoken up. The girl was considering her words, but with a few hangups. Hurdles in her way, problems to face. The woman to tilt her head as she once again thought it over but… also found herself amused. It was a little impressive how well Takato’s shackles were working. The rambunctious and energetic, troublesome and forward thinking Arashi was worrying in terms of official mindsets and respect. It effectively shackled the girl’s strengths and ability to stand up to her father.

"How did you handle difficulties before becoming Hanchou? Did you wait for the council and your father to give you permission to head off and meet with Satori? To protect a village?

You have much to learn, you have a long life I hope you will live to teach you further. But you must refine your recklessness, use your bullheadedness, and when someone beneath you in terms of power steps into your way in doing what is right, remove them or go around them.

There are those who oppose your father. He either pays them no mind, dismisses them, or takes them head on to crush them. How did he handle Asa? Or the Council? Your kidnapping?”

Settling herself back against her desk, leaning back, arms crossing easily beneath her chest and a flicker of irritation to finally surface as that SEAL Corps situation would rattle about in her mind.

"Tell me, Arashi. Who in the village has a right to look down upon the Kazekage’s daughter? Upon their Jounin Hanchou? Upon the Jinchuuriki of their village?

Upon my god-daughter?”

A pause and a particular venom to that last statement. Akane apparently had some business to attend to later that day with a particular council… But even more required was the need for her niece to see that importance of her own attitude.

"You answer to the people and to your village. If someone looks down on you, then don’t give them a second chance to do so. You are warm hearted and clever, the people of this village are now depending on you as a pillar of strength and responsibility. But don’t have that hinder your spirit. To do me proud, you must be my Oonakayama Arashi. Not some political puppet.”

Words words and more words… but with hopeful counsel for her niece and for the future she was about to face. Her father put her in a difficult position. But a good one. If there was anyone who could be a check and balance to Takato, it was the very girl he had put in second in command.

Chikamatsu Akane
MADE BY VEL OF GS
The Role of Leadership[Akane]Mar 18, 2022 22:43:49 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The Role of Leadership

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The people that know you best are the ones that see everything...

It wasn't a question of how Akane knew, or perhaps she why she was pressing the matter so firmly, but the point was being made that Arashi was in a position of higher authority. One in which, while perhaps meant to keep her contained, did not have to own or change her. If anything, the fact that Arashi had not realized it was indeed proof of just how glided this prison was. It didn't hold any bars, save for the ones that she made for herself.

Her actions in the past were evidence of just how far she had come, and just the amount of force that she had backing her. These traits were indeed known to all, but she had done well to tamper them over the course of life's experiences. Granted, they may not had always been right, but they were of her making, and she had never allowed herself to back down from them without reason.

Her father, was the ultimate authority in all of Kaze no Kuni, and no one would dare say otherwise. His word was law, and ultimately, everyone had to follow his decisions. But, she held the veto and she was indeed supposed to be the one to echo the voices of those that went unheard by the Kazekage. If not by intention, then by accident. She did not answer to the Council, to clerks, or anyone that would be considered senior to her in age.

If not by rank alone, but by her status alone as not only the village's Jinchuuriki, but as the daughter of a kage.

As noted, she still had much to learn, but her actions had ripples...she had seen them herself and others had also. She was the line...and if she didn't hold it...it was clearly going to be decision after decision that was left out of control.

She had seen it....and she had regrets to go along with them....

As she looked toward her aunt, she'd nod before holding a smile on her face as she prepared to make her leave. Yet, as she did so, she'd quickly rush over and hug her aunt with a toothy grin.

"Thanks Aunt K...I needed that..."

With that, she'd pull away as she then looked back at the woman before speaking again.

"Ya know? If my dad wasn't already Kazekage...I'd definitely hope ya be..."

That said, Arashi would continue to smile before making her leave, allowing the woman to return to her work as she had her own to deal with.

-----------------------------------

As she made her way back to her office, she'd see the Seal masters already preparing to make their leave. With Nai seeming to have fallen asleep upon them, she'd return to the room as she heard their complaints and mentions of disrespect toward her dismissal of them. She'd pause for a moment, her expression calm before coming back around to her desk as she then laid her hands down upon it's surface.

"Okay.....Here's the reason why I think these seals are crap....one...they lack defense...two...they take too long and require more than one person to complete...and yes...before ya say it...I understand the drain required of the individual...know why? Because I studied...I use seals...I know the chakra required for one person to maintain a barrier...I had a good teacher...one of the best...along with that...I understand Fuuninjutsu more so due to the fact that I happen to be the vessel of the One Tails. But more than that...I have people that need these seals to defend themselves from attacks and others within the village..."

Her tone was stern and her gaze was narrowed.

"These are sloppy, half-assed...and if I wouldn't be caught dead usin em...how the hell can I expect my people to be usin em? We can do better...we HAVE to do better...for the defense of our home..."

This seemed to silence the men as Arashi then took a seat as she spoke once more.

"Now...ya can complain and wave ya age as much as ya want and I could give two shits...ya gonna make those changes...and then ya gonna show em to me so I can check them over...because lives count on it...clear?"

It seemed enough to prompt them to bow out, the two taking the scroll away as Arashi dismissed them.

From their leave, Arashi would then release a breath before lowering her head with a calm expression.

"I will do better....even if it means facing him..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS