groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

NUMACHI
"Preservation is the responsibility of those with the power to destroy."

CLAN TYPE: KEkkei Genkai

CLAN ORIGIN: The unnamed area south of the Mountain Graveyard

CLAN RESIDENCE: Bonchi no Kuni

CLAN IDEOLOGY

The clan ideology has changed some over time and has eventually became what it is. It started out revolving around a pacifist life but with how the world has changed and become more dangerous and violent, pacifism has not been sustainable if they wished to live through the changing eras. Now their idealogy revolves around upholding their morals and word as people and a clan. Their oaths are unbreakable for they believe that if you cannot uphold something as simple as your own word then you do not deserve to uphold the values of the clan and your possessions. Breaking your oaths and devotions is unbelievable to them and only a few times it has been done, typically with sepuku being performed shortly after to try and find some form of honor in death.

This includes respecting the a motto that has been passed down. They actively try avoid destroying what does not need to be. They take wood from the forest for their homes but plant saplings to replace what was taken. If they eat meat they do what they can to aid the wildlife in the area they hunted. This giving of thanks and return of effort is central and favors do not go forgotten or unpaid.

CLAN HIERARCHY

Rather than a catchall leader for the clan, clan decisions are based around the head of each household. And with the clan being rather small, only having three families and as such there being only three heads of household. These three operate as a council, deciding things with the clan and how things might go internally.

While not the largest, infact being the smallest, the most active household is also the only one to engage in Shinobi work with the others engaging in medical practices and environmental activities.

The second household is the clan's medical faction. With the clan's bloodline ability giving the abilities it does, it makes these individuals capable of exposure to dangerous toxins, poisons, and diseases without much worry about them. They have become skilled practitioners, highly capable of natural remedies and medicine making as well as being able to use medical ninjutsu.

The last is the oldest and largest household within the clan. They do all they can to uphold one of the major beliefs of the clan. They uphold the ideology as best they can. For every tree used to make a home they plant two saplings, for every displaced animal, they foster offspring to adulthood. This is their goal and along with these acts they are also the one's that hold all the records of the clan, the secrets, knowledge of their techniques, etc.

CLAN HISTORY

A clan that went generally unbothered, this small bloodline had the gift of its own Kekkei Genkai that allowed it to stave of any early extermination. Living with the jungle that Takigakure would someday pop up in, when things were coming together for it, they were happy to join in. However at the time they were pacifists, preferring not to actually engage in combat unless absolutely necessary. This would change over time though as they eventually learned to change with the village as it did. They became defensive, being one of the units meant to defend the jungle if any thought to infiltrate it. This has kept them out of the spotlight or even left them completely unknown to many outside Taki to begin with. The expression of them being pacifists exist no longer and has instead transformed into a desire to preserve what they feel if a beautiful natural world. Even after all this time, they remain small in size.

CLAN ABILITIES

The premier ability of the clan comes in their bloodline based Kekkei Genkai. Descendents of the clan are typically born with this ability. Rot Release is the name given to it due to its nature of decaying and withering all it comes in contact with. A result of Doton and Suiton, similar to another wildly famous Kekkei Genkai, this release could be called its opposite. It does not heal or bring beauty, but instead brings death and suffering.

Rot Release is versital as there is little it cannot break down. Metal rusts, stones crumble, the air is tainted, water poisoned, and tree wither and break. Living creatures are put even more at risk with it being able to be afflicted by any number of means. Tainted air or water can lead to the techniques basic affliction, attacking the body's fortitude, weakening the muscles and chakra of those afflicted.

Because of the effects of this bloodline ability, it gives its practioners an enhanced resistance or even outright immunity to toxins and diseases. This is why the second family has taken up medical practices, them being able to resist the infections such dangerous things such as poisons and disease makes them the best to research them without fear.

CLAN MEMBERS

• Clan Leader - Name Here
  • Position Name - Name Here
  • Position Name - Name Here
has written 0 posts
[Awaiting approval] Numachi Clan - KKG clanJul 9, 2021 16:41:45 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
Ideology
I'd like you to expand on what exactly the clan's morals are. You specify not destroying things unnecesarily and to replace what is used and to generally be appreciative of what they get. I guess what I mean by expanding is how this affects their interactions with society at large. How does their former pacifism play into their modern role as shinobi? How did they manage to be pacifists in a country that is such a violent place to live? I mean in Bonchi no Kuni, not only are pretty much all the people that live in it historically trying to kill one another, but the wildlife and even plantlife are often deadly to humans. So yeah, I'd like you to try and expand on your ideology to give a more firm of the clan's values and more importantly how those values affect their interactions with other people.

Hierarchy
By and large I have no massive issue. Although I would like to clarify two things. First, does neither the medical or environmental families have absolutely no shinobi or is it just that they don't commonly have people trained as shinobi in their families? Just wanted to be clear if it was just a rare possibility or an absolute this cannot happen situation. Secondly, you say that the environmental family "hold all the records of the clan, the secrets, knowledge of their techniques, etc." If they hold knowledge of their techniques, wouldn't this mean they could have people in their family capable of using them or do they just have them hidden away somewhere? Just seems like if only one family makes use of the techniques, you'd want them to be the ones to hold onto the techniques.

Clan History
I want you to really expand this section. You should give us an idea of how the family came to be where they are, why they held their pacifists views, why they'd stay in Bonchi no Kuni where even the weeds want to kill you, what made them give up their pacifist nature, why they decided to join Takigakure when it was founded, how the shinobi wars affected their clan, possibly how they've interacted with other clans from Takigakure and so on. There's so much history that your clan would have had to go through and we need at least a basic understanding of all the major points. The current history just kind of has them existing and then they're here doing things in current day.

Clan Abilities
So first off. I'm going to shoot down an innate immunity to toxins/poisons. There's already another clan who's main special revolves around resistance/immunity to such things, but I also feel it doesn't have a natural connection with the primary ability of the clan. If you want to register a ninjutsu [medical] technique later on that has the "rotting" ability target poisons/toxins in your body to destroy them before they have time to fully damage/debilitate you that's a possibility, but I don't feel it should be an automated/innate capability.

Now moving on to the main ability of the clan, I'd like you to expand on it somewhat to give me a better understanding. Metal rusts, stones crumble, air is tainted, water is posioned, trees witcher and break. So it's causing oxydization, causing stone to become more porous, you don't really specify how the air is tainted, but I'd assume by introducing or changing the composition of the gases that make it up and the same with water.

All in all it seems like the ability is doing a lot of different things. Which can be fine, but I'd like to try and reach an understanding of how it's causing these changes so we understand how it will interact with other abilities. I think the easiest solution to fixing how it's affecting all these different materials in different ways is to break apart the ability a bit. What I mean by that is the "Rot Release" will be the overarching ability, but when you register techniques for the clan you'd register a technique that specifically "rots" metal or one that specifically "rots" stone. That way you're not affecting all these things with a single catch all technique. This then also gives us the opprotunity to individually balance these things.

Speaking of balance. My thoughts on how to balance this ability is as follows: Clan members would be effectively introducing chemicals to whatever material they're trying to rot. They could introduce these chemicals at a range for non-living things at a distance (metal, stone, air, water), but anything living would require them to have physical contact. Naturally, as mentioned before there'd be different jutsu corresponding to different materials. This way we can balance it. Naturally though, if you rot the air and someone living breaths it in, they're going to be affected. It just prevents a member of the clan being able to try and make a technique that rots someone's heart and they kill them instantly before they even get close. More than likely it will also need to be balanced that affecting living things is much more difficult given that their own chakra network will try to interfere with the clan member's meddling.

So, I'd like you to edit the clan abilities to reflect the following: That the "rot" effect is effectively the clan member introducing agents to affect the material in a detrimental way. That they can affect non-living things at a distance, but living creatures require physical contact of varying lengths depending on the technique. Remove the immunity to toxins/poisons (but keep in mind that you're welcome to try and register medical ninjutsu to get access to it that way) and give basic line of the severity and speed of this rotting effect depends largely on the technique being used.

Lastly I would also ask you to consider how they developed this ability and consider adding it to the clan history. It's not entirely necessary, but would be good to think of a potential reason/circumstance that caused them to develop it. Perhaps the development of this ability is even the reason why they were pacifists for a time.
has written 845 posts