The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]

compose a reply
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Jul 30, 2021 22:26:22 GMT -5
Gure Yuuta
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Gure Yuuta Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday 5/24 rank Jounin occupation Orphanage Headmaster
Master the rules of the game until you can play it better than they can.

The hustle and bustle of Sagyo was entirely different than the likes of the hidden leaf; although there were similarities, Sagyo and it's inhabitants seemed as if they were from another country altogether rather than Hi no kuni. It was mid-day, and the sun was at its apex, Gure Yuuta, strolled through the industrial village aimlessly. The Jounin had only called Sagyo home for a few months but had assimilated into its population fairly well, at least in his own opinion. In reality, the natives would more than likely beg to differ. During the first couple of weeks Yuuta was seen as a government official, who was probably tasked with snooping around in order to change the village's way of life… that or at the very least he was there to increase their taxes.

Everyone from the shop owners to the native shinobi, some of which he knew from his own academy days, were wary of him. However, what they didn't know about Yuuta was that he is just as foreign to the typical Konohagakure shinobi, as he himself was to Sagyo's natives. "Guess I'll head home. You'd think that guy would see more action here considering how the place looks" the man said, deciding to return to the abandoned weapons factory he had nonchalantly commandeered. On his way back he noticed several delinquents rough housing and causing a little trouble for the adults that lived between the market district, where Yuuta had come from and the abandoned factory he called home.

Usually the Gure Jounin wouldn't interfere, after all they were just kids being kids however this time he'd notice someone who, like himself, didn't quite fit with the locals he had become accustomed too. "Oh? What do we have here? A little rough housing huh? What do you say about an old fart like myself joining? Do go easy on me though" Yuuta said, seemingly appearing out of nowhere, using the guise of a simple civilian looking to cause a bit of childhood rukus.

In reality, the man wanted to figure out why a child or well from the looks of it, a genin of the hidden leaf had come to Sagyo, of all places. It was an odd occurrence given the ominous appearance of Sagyo. The village eerie presence of the village, was impeding to say the least; even for someone as alien as Yuuta. It was mid-day, yet the sun hardly penetrated the dense smog from the various factories, casting the village in a perpetual gloom. This alone should have been enough to make any normal person think twice about visiting Sagyo, let alone such a seedy part of the metal clad village.

"How about I choose the next game? Let's see.... How about Turtle Duck Racing? Yuuta suggested, conveniently forgetting how aggressive the Hi no kunian Turtle Duck is.

Lol it's been a while lol sorry if it's boring.

Turtle Ducks lmao
last edit by Gure Yuuta on Jul 31, 2021 0:27:41 GMT -5
Aisu Burr has written 250 posts
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Jul 31, 2021 16:51:26 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
you play with the wolf

It was the boy's first time in Saygo alone, and the sharks had smelled blood. He had been here once before with his mother, to get crafting parts of all types, and that was partly why he had returned. He had found the parts he was looking for without trouble, but he hadn't expected this to be a part of his trip.

A fist caught Asahi's face and made him stumble back while he used one of his extra arms to shield himself from more. There were too many of them for him to fight, even with four arms. He smirked through heavy breath and a bloody face, as the group paused, and one of the delinquents addressed him. "Who's the dumbass now?"

"I didn't call you dumbasses. I called you idiots. And I still see four or five idiots in front of me, wasting my time!" Asahi snapped back. In truth, this conflict had been started by both sides. It was true that the delinquents had mocked him as he walked by, but he had chosen to respond. And after calling the bullies worthless idiots not worth his time, they had seen those as fighting words. Now Asahi admitted, maybe he had bitten off more than he could chew. And here he was, continuing to egg them on.

His golden eyes noticed one of them draw some type of shiv, and Asahi immediately did five hand seals, using his two back arms to fend off two kids who came at him.

He activated the Chakra Scalpel technique, blue chakra enveloping his normal hands with a sharp point. The delinquents around him froze, and not because of the technique like Asahi initially assumed, but because the appearance of a man among them.

Asahi looked at it all with blurred vision, taking the moment to collect himself. He heard the man ask to join. Did the man mean join in on the beating? Asahi tensed up at the thought. The pause from the man's appearance seemed to grip the group. Their spokesperson thought about it, before shaking his head. "Nah, we don't want to play with you old man. Let's go." he said, with the rest of his group laughing and snickering at his joke as they attempted to walk away to leave the man with Asahi.

The green haired boy deactivated the medical ninjutsu technique and his clan's ability, the chakra fading from his hands and his extra arms seemingly getting sucked back into his back. "I've never heard of that game, but it sounds like it would be a bit more fun than that-" the boy said letting out a laugh and wincing from the pain in his face and body.

"....Thanks." Asahi bowed as much as he could, before dropping his backpack to take out his first aid kit, kneeling next to it and beginning to address his wounds. He tried not to let it show through it all, but in the back of his head the fear from the man's question still gripped him. Asahi was waiting for the man to lash out at him at any moment, and be back on the defense.
but you sleep with the bones of a rabbit

Notes:

Techniques Used
Incarnation of Many Hands CLAN SA (USed + Deactivcated)

Chakura no Mesu - [Chakra Scalpel] (Used + Deactivated)

CHAKRA USAGE: LOW [CONTINUOUS]

CLASSIFICATION: NINJUTSU [MEDICAL]

REQUIREMENT: ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL

ELEMENT: N/A

HANDSEALS: 5

DESCRIPTION:

AFTER FORMING THE NEEDED HANDSEALS, THE NINJA WILL FOCUS CHAKRA TO HIS OR HER HANDS. WHEN HIS OR HER CHARGED HANDS REACH THE BODY OF THE TARGET, THE USER CAN USE IT AS A NORMAL SCALPEL OR EVEN EXTEND THE CHAKRA INTERNALLY INTO THE TARGET'S BODY TO CUT AND NEATLY SLICE THE TARGET'S MUSCLES AND BLOOD VESSELS WITHOUT HARMING THE SURFACE SKIN. THIS TECHNIQUE CAN BE USED IN BATTLE, BUT BECAUSE OF ITS HECTIC NATURE, THE FINE PRECISION REQUIRED FOR AN INSTANT KILL IS NOT FEASIBLE. DAMAGE CAN STILL BE DONE TO THE VITAL ORGANS, BUT THE TECHNIQUE SHOULD BE USED CAREFULLY IN BATTLE.

ITEMS USED:
MEDICAL KIT

TAG:  , OPEN
PYXIS

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Jul 31, 2021 17:05:16 GMT -5
Milu has written 379 posts
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Jul 31, 2021 19:33:15 GMT -5
Gure Yuuta
Gure Yuuta Avatar
groupnull
The day we stop learning
is the day we die.

Wahh!? I'm still in my twenties the Jounin thought.

His inner monologue was overly theatrical, however his laid back and friendly expression belied how he truly felt. As the kids walked away, Yuuta's impulsiveness reared its ugly head. Before any of the children could protest he had decided to teach the group a lesson and just maybe, just maybe his advice would save their lives down the road, while hopefully reassuring the medic nin's epic display of fatuous bravery. "Since you guys don't want to play with us… I'll just leave you with some advice. Despite being shinobi, and my own beliefs on boyhood. Ganging up on one person shows just how much of a weakling you all are" the children, who more than likely had it rough for years now, relied on reach other for survival. Their little clique was really all they had and it had kept them from starving even the adults had forsaken them.

Being the former headmaster of Konohagakure's orphanage, the Gure man could spot the telltale signs of such an unfortunate childhood. It was also because of this that Yuuta knew the group would fall for his antagonistic remarks and turn back to defend their names and honor or lack thereof. Yuuta was the perfect person for such a situation too; for the simple and kami-honest truth that he fight kids. That is too say, that if children felt as if they were adults then he'd treat them as such. Nodding in acceptance to the aspiring medic's gratitude, the group of kids turned to retaliate, unaware that Yuuta was one step ahead of them.

"Mushroom Boi," the Jounin said, stringing together a simple set of hand seals, subsequently causing several child-like mushroom constructs to grow from the ground. All but one of the small ravenous fungi lunged towards the Sagyo kids, while the remaining construct stood alongside Yuuta. After the Sagyo kids had taken off screaming Yuuta turned to the Konoha genin, "You're a medic boy… Do you not know the rules of being a medical shinobi?" Yuuta exclaimed in a friendly yet contradictory aggressive tone that only he could have mustered.

Before the young medic could answer Yuuta would speak again, "No medic ninja shall ever stop medical treatment until the lives of their party members have come to an end, No medic ninja shall ever stand on the front lines and lastly, No medic ninja shall ever die until they are the last of their platoon" the Jounin had witnessed most of the incident and figured that the genin had a chance to bite his tongue and not further escalate the situation, instead he had done the opposite which ended up in him being punched. "If this were an actual mission you would have died and your eye squadron would have been without medical personnel" Yuuta paused for a moment and looked down at the mushroom child-like construct before turning back to the medic.

"You were brave, stood your ground, and well you're no ordinary medic. I'll give you the much however the line between confidence and arrogance is very fine. And the line between arrogance and stupidity is even finer. If you're going to be stupid like those fools at least learn how to evade…" Yuuta said ultimately turning this entire situation into a learning moment for the young medic. The Jounin didn't think it was wrong what the young man had done however if he were going to act silly at least have the skills to back it up. Without warning, the remaining Mushroom construct jumped for the Medic trying to catch an arm, leg or even finger in it's vertical maw.

NAME: Kinoko Shudan [Mushroom Acolyte]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: None
DESCRIPTION:
The Gure Clan member grows a mushroom-like chakra construct from his body. Similar to the earth golem jutsu, this technique allows the Gure to create an ally while in battle. Mushroom Boy is the size of an average toddler, complete with arms, legs, beady eyes and a vertical mouth. The creature is carnivorous and will try to eat the user’s enemy instead of the usual ways of killing, I.E smashing, stabbing, and crushing. That said The Mushroom never gets full and eats until its destroyed or there is no more enemies. The Mushroom itself has only one ability, which is it’s unnatural durability. He is able to withstand most physical attacks but is more resistant to blunt force trauma than the likes of piercing or cutting. Also, mushroom boy has some resistance against elemental jutsu such as Futon and Doton but isn't as resistant to Raiton and Katon Elements. Additionally, the Mushroom does not attack those the user considers allies or the user themselves. Mushroom boy is slightly less as strong and fast as your standard shadow clone. Lastly, mushroom boy's bite is strong enough to bite through bone.

The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Aug 1, 2021 20:12:06 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf

The man's words made Asahi smirk and put him at ease a little. It seemed like the man was on his side, taunting the group too. Since they had been called idiots and weaklings, Asahi knew they would turn around. Well at least with two versus their five or so, the odds were better. And this was a grown man so that helped. His golden eyes widened slightly as the man performed hand seals. The man who came to his aid was a shinobi! And from their earlier fight, Asahi assumed that none of the delinquents were. Now the odds were really in their favor.

The fungi constructs that appeared didn't cause Asahi fright like the other kids that ran off. To him, it was just more ninjutsu. The smile the boy gave to the man, faded with the man's initial words. The tone was weird, but Asahi could smell the scolding coming. Asahi attempted to open his mouth to speak, but the man didn't allow it. Even the pause the man gave to look at his construct didn't give Asahi much room to defend himself.

As the man ended his scolding, Asahi's face was now bent into a glare. This man just called him stupid, even worse, like the fools that just ran off. There were few things that could rile Asahi up, but the man had found a button and poked it. Confident, maybe. But arrogant and stupid, he was not. In his flared up anger, the boy completely missed the last word that could have given him some warning.

"I AM NOTH-AHH" the boy exclaimed that turned into a startled yell as the construct next to them lunged to bite. Where there hadn't been fear, was now fear and adrenaline. The boy didn't think, because he didn't have time to. Using what he had, he attempted to evade. Asahi gripped the backpack and swung it around to meet the constructs maw, if not knock it over. As he did, the medical supplies from his kit scattered across the ground.

The metal in the backpack should have made it an effective club, or at least something that could potentially stuff the toddler sized things mouth, instead of his arm. As he swung the bag he let his body fall and roll forward to stand upright. The wear on his body from the earlier fight could be seen in his rise.

His body shook a bit as he readied himself. There was no way he had enough left in the tank to fight this man too. "And here I was thinking you were on my side," Asahi started before satisfying his earlier emotions with his defense. "Of course I know the rules of being a medical shinobi. But I think they are stupid and lack context! If this were a mission, they would be dead and I would have regrouped with my squad by now!"

As the boy spoke he pulled out a kunai and readied himself to get attacked again. His body wasn't as ready as his mind though, and his right leg gave way making him fall to a knee.

Notes:

PYXIS

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Aug 3, 2021 14:48:27 GMT -5
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Aug 17, 2021 1:15:07 GMT -5
Gure Yuuta
Gure Yuuta Avatar
groupnull
The two that are one, the one that is all!

"Is that a way to talk to your benefactor?!" Yuuta said in an unconvincing tone. He watched the younger shinobi negate mushroom boy's initial assault. However, he had not destroyed the mushroom construct. The Gure clan's chakra were filled with vitality and vigor, allowing them to increase the resistance of regular fungi and those they grow, to then use in justu. Mushroom boy was no exception to this fact, it would not stop by trying to devour the child unless it's destroyed or commanded by Yuuta.

Smiling when the boy pulled out a kunai, Yuuta couldn't help but take note of the child's words. He wondered if the younger shinobi could actually take a life, to snuff out the flame of another. Unlike most Shinobi, the Gure clan had a close relationship with both life and death. The Gure Jounin standing before the boy was one of the strongest when it came to their Kekkei Genkai; fungal Manipulation.

"Fair enough..." Yuuta replied to the medic-nin, his words having piqued the man's interest. He'd kneel down to the mushroom construct before ordering it to stop attacking. "That's enough butt-butt, you cute little fungi" he paused, still in his knelt position and looked over to the Medic-nin before continuing. "You're in luck kid, I just so happen to be looking for a medical Shinobi" said the Jounin. He'd stand back up, the mushroom construct would begin to fall apart, while Yuuta concocted a marvelous yet dangerous scheme.

"I want you to become my partner in my quest for knowledge and wisdom" despite being a medic, it would seem that the child didn't adhere to the hypocritical oath that the majority of the doctors ignorantly abided too. Such a medic ninja would be highly beneficial to Yuuta's open schemes of extending his life in order to continue down the path of life… in order for Yuuta to experience and learn all their was and all there will be within the shinobi world he'd need a body that did not she or suffer from illness. Of course this meant the boy would have to experiment on Yuuta himself however the Jounin was willing to take such measures. Plus, if all else failed then he would have a great successor to past in his vast scores of information too.

"I want to become legend... With your help natural death will have no claim over me and illness will not touch me."

last edit by Gure Yuuta on Aug 17, 2021 1:17:00 GMT -5
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Aug 18, 2021 20:01:50 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf

"Butt...butt?" Asahi asked barely out loud as he saw the man kneel down and call his mushroom construct off. Still from a knee Asahi looked up at the man as he stood. He was looking for a medical shinobi? His next words, made Asahi raise an eyebrow in curiosity. He began to stand shakily as he listened and from standing he knew that walking away was going to be a pain. What was this man on about?

They had just met and he was talking about being a "partner"? In something as broad a conquest as knowledge and wisdom. He looked at the man now with a mix of confusion and curiosity on his face. Asahi was still on guard, but listening. Then the man delivered his final statement.

"I want to become legend... With your help natural death will have no claim over me and illness will not touch me."

The young boy was conflicted by the man's statement, his actions, his entire demeanor. The conflict escaped Asahi's lips as a small laugh. "Wait wait, what?" he started before quickly following with his rebuttal.

"As far as I know there are a few ways to prolong life, but entirely escaping death's claim? And escaping illness? Do you know how many illnesses there are out there?" Asahi said, his logic trailing off into self doubt.

"And I can barely be called a medical shinobi yet. I know some things about anatomy, the chakra network and such. And I know a few medical ninjutsu techniques. And sure I have many hours of experience at the hospital at this point...but I'm still just a genin. And although I already follow that quest for knowledge you want me to partner with you for...How could I help you with a quest as grand as that?!" he said, trailing off into a pause. Stating the things he had accomplished so far as a genin made him realize just how much experience he had within his shinobi career so far. His self doubt, was mixed with self actualization at his potential.

"C-could you tell me some more about what you mean? How do you plan to beat death and illness? Preferably somewhere where I can sit down and rest?" Asahi said, not necessarily agreeing to the man's proposal, but agreeing to hear more about and think about the proposition.

As far as his medical curiosity went, Asahi had to admit that the idea of cheating death and finding a cure to illness sounded much more interesting than working away in the hospital of the village. If he could apply his medical knowledge to a pursuit like that, what else would he find out along the way?

But there was still the matter of who this man was, and if he could be trusted. What if this was all a test or something. Yeah, there were way too many what if's still...

Notes:

PYXIS

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Aug 18, 2021 20:02:08 GMT -5
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Aug 19, 2021 13:46:26 GMT -5
Gure Yuuta
Gure Yuuta Avatar
groupnull
There is always something to see, if you only know how to look

It had been so long since Yuuta was able to be his true self, a man of maddening wisdom. The child's reaction was warranted, anyone… Well, anyone but Yuuta would think the man's actions were odd, and that's saying the least. Although it seems Yuuta was random and his motives unclear, everything he did had an underlying and thought out reason behind them. It just never translated well to others who were as alien to Yuuta as he were to other humans. The child began to second guess his own potential, wondering what Yuuta saw in him that he had not seen in himself or he had yet to accomplish.

"Have you no imagination? How is it that us Shinobi can command the elements and heal the flesh? Is it simply through chakra and handseals? Or is there more?"

The question was rhetorical. Yuuta paused to demonstrate, focusing his unique Gure clan chakra into his palm, before causing a mushroom the size of an adult male to grow alongside himself. "What we call jutsu is nothing more than an act of the imagination fueled by the power of our chakra." Yuuta's views of the world were simultaneously dictated by the knowledge he's gained and his overactive imagination. Only a handful of his peers knew the man enough to understand his seemingly random actions. He could literally agree with someone's opinion but still argue the opposite side for the sole reason of being the devil's advocate. 

"I might be a man of wisdom but even I believe that Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand
" the man finished, hoping that his words would at least cast away the child's doubts and replace them with a burning sense of curiosity. Suddenly, It dawned on Yuuta that his persona probably seemed foreign to the boy, a man unlike that of the other Konohagakure Shinobi. So instead of continuing his lecture on believing in oneself, the Jounin officially introduced himself.

"Oh Sure, I'm held up in the abandoned weapons factory. Although, before we continue, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Gure Yuuta, Jounin of Konohagakure and former headmaster of Hi no Kuni's orphanage". The man stated proudly, even though the boy might not have heard of him.

Lmao he's going to literally think you agreed to his proposal. Good luck

last edit by Gure Yuuta on Aug 19, 2021 13:46:52 GMT -5
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Aug 22, 2021 20:12:48 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf

The man's words were sharp, and held a truth that snapped Asahi out of his self doubt. He was right. Those that came before them may have thought the same thing about the techniques they use now. Jutsu is nothing more than an act of the imagination fueled by the power of our chakra. Asahi would keep that phrase and let it dance around in his head. Even if that was the case, utilizing that imagination seemed to come with some rules. Were they breakable? Maybe...

Where some would have turned away and dismissed the lecture, Asahi was the opposite. He was glued in, and took in the man's words. He didn't agree with the man just yet, and maybe he never would, but...Then the man introduced himself. If they were going to be partners, that would be a good start. "Asahi Ōorigami. Genin of Konohagakure and Member of Team 2," he responded and nodded. If Yuuta began to lead the way to the abandoned weapons factory, Asahi would follow.

The boy's face held a neutrality to it now, but that was better than the looks it held previously. After being attacked, attacked again, and then drafted, the genin could finally breathe. "If things go according to your plan, we'll see if our imaginations can't break or bend the rules I suppose." It was the closest thing to an agreement the man was going to get out of the boy.

Once they got going, Asahi would ask the first question that came to his mind after Yuuta's introduction. "You said former headmaster. Why former?" The mental image of the man who had proposed the impossible, wrangling a bunch of kids amused Asahi. A small smile escaped to his face at the thought, but he quickly put it back down.

Notes:

TAG: 
PYXIS

The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Nov 1, 2021 18:33:22 GMT -5
Gure Yuuta
Gure Yuuta Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","oneword1"]
[attr="class","fromyou1"]

Withholding information is the essence of tyranny.
Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship…

[attr="class","itsover"]
Yuuta wasn't one to take no for an answer, at the same time the child wasn't one to agree without fully understanding what they were getting into. A feat the Jounin secretly lauded, he’d make a mental note of just how smart Asahi is. Not blindingly following the man’s whim even if he were a fellow Konoha shinobi was the type of foresight Yuuta required. Leading him throughout the industrial village, the air filled with smog and other unnatural fumes. The Gure Jounin decided to stop rambling on due to something Issei had once told him. "People who have just met you wouldn't be able to follow or understand your intentions”. The Uchiha's words played back in his mind and the Jounin couldn't help but miss him.

Chuckling a bit underneath his breathe, he'd calm his own excitement before deciding to not speak until the child inquired more information from him. Asahi was more than likely trying to piece together everything that was happening. Like how he would play into Yuuta’s plans, Yuuta’s own gains from them teaming up and more importantly, the Jounin’s standing within the village.

For all Asahi knew, Yuuta could be former Headmaster due to experimenting on the orphans under his care… Unethical experiments that went horridly wrong, ending up with the Jounin himself escaping from Konohagakure and ending up within Sagyou as a Fugitive on the run Yuuta’s theory on whether the boy trusted him or not was confirmed when Asahi questioned his status of Headmaster. "Oh? Well… I did it to keep them safe. As a Jounin of the Hidden leaf, it’s safe to assume that I’ll acquire enemies. One of the best courses of revenge is to take away what you're enemy loves the most” he said genuinely.

Because Yuuta needed Asahi’s medical prowess, he decided to be completely honest to the genin. Although this wasn’t to say he'd tell the boy everything. If Asahi asked the right questions, he'd get the answers he's looking for, however Yuuta was nothing if not a person who played with words. Lying by omission was something the Jounin did often and it would take an astute individual to notice when the man had done so. Nevertheless, Asahi had already shown that be wasn’t as naïve as other genin.

Yuuta was nearly 100% sure the genin wouldn't just let him do as he pleased. Something, Yuuta found amusing to say the least. While it was true that Yuuta out ranked the child but it was just as true that Yuuta needed him just as much if not more than Asahi needed Yuuta. He wondered if Asahi knew how much power he held over the Gure Jounin… "If you only knew…” the Jounin thought to himself as they finally arrived to Yuuta’s current home.

"Don't get comfortable, we're just here to gather a few supplies then we’re headed out to the forest to collect samples and certain specimen. Can't have you experimenting on me without going through animal trials” he said abruptly.
ulla

last edit by Gure Yuuta on Nov 1, 2021 18:40:30 GMT -5
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Nov 13, 2021 19:36:39 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf

Yuuta gave his answer about why he wasn't Headmaster anymore and Asahi's eyes stared at him, examining him as he did so. The man's thoughts were right, Asahi had questions. He would always have questions. But Yuuta's answer had seemed honest enough to the genin. It logically made sense. Shinobi, especially high ranking ones, ran that risk when they created something around them like a family, or a relationship or anything like that. It felt wrong to call it a weakness, because those things were important. But it created a vulnerability.

"That's true. Just another risk we run as shinobi." Asahi said, as if he was a man well beyond his years. Like he knew what going through and experiencing those hypothetical risks being brought to reality meant, although he didn't. He left the man's answer there for the moment, and the two walked in mostly silence to the man's home. Asahi took in the sights of the walk until they made it there.

Then, the boy took in the sight of the inside of Yuuta's home. Just as he was about to drop his bag and explore the space deeper, Yuuta's words stopped him. "Oh....ok." Asahi answered with acceptance and a little surprise. They were going to get started right away then? "That would be preferable. I hadn't worked out my plan if I mess up and you die, so I recommend multiple trails, animal and human before we do anything with you." Asahi half joked.

"But, it won't be my first experience with animals." Asahi reassured with some honesty and omission of his own. He had experimented on birds, rats, and other flora and fauna he could get his hands on...and also himself. Although they were nothing as grand as what the man wanted. Asahi's experiments in the past were more to learn and observe, than to try and change.

If allowed, he followed Yuuta through the house as he got the supplies, and took the opportunity to become more familiar with the man's space. But if not, he would lean against the wall next to the door to wait.

Notes:

TAG: 
PYXIS

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Nov 13, 2021 19:37:34 GMT -5
The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Dec 16, 2021 1:47:58 GMT -5
Gure Yuuta
Gure Yuuta Avatar
groupnull
scientia ipsa potentia est

Although Yuuta wasn't a medic, the man was fascinated by the world and the creatures that lived within it. So much so that he wanted to know just what made him and other things tick. If he could learn just a bit of what made up his own biology and that of some of the oldest animals, plants and of course fungi, within the world, maybe… just maybe he could reach his ultimate goal without dying beforehand.

Within the old warehouse, Yuuta had collected various trinkets, tools and even some odd plants and fungi from the forest surrounding Sagyo. Evidence of haphazard experiments and borderline inhumane studies littered the warehouse's interior. The Jounin moved about the inside, quickly gathering sterilized baggies and other tools they'd need to collect samples on their excursion. Every so often he'd appear in front of Asahi, ominously to tell him "Don't touch that".

After a brief moment, Yuuta had packed the supplies they'd need and returned to Asahi and smiled. "I realized after a few trial and error sessions that I'll need someone with medical training. Not just anyone though, someone with as much ambition as me with room to grow. You just might be the light at the end of the tunnel for me boy. And if this proves to be true… I'll make you into an unbelievably powerful shinobi." He said before heading to the exit.

With all of his quirks, both good and bad, one thing about Yuuta that was definitive of his personality was that he always kept his word. Asahi, would more than likely be put through an unbelievable amount of stress, hardships and several tests of will; however if he proved his resolve he would undoubtedly grow into a stronger shinobi. Simply accompanying a man such as Gure Yuuta would be enough to warrant some growth in those around him. After all, the Jounin had a knack for getting into some of the most unrealistic situations.

Yuuta's Current Theme Song - Forever Young - Alphaville

The Great Game: Turtle Duck Sledding [open]Dec 16, 2021 18:42:29 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf

Asahi was allowed to enter and he couldn't contain the fascination on his face as he explored Yuuta's space. Interesting plants, and even more interesting experiments. Every so often he had to be discouraged to, just as his hands reached out to investigate something. He drew back every time, knowing that the man's words probably stemmed from something more than just possessiveness over the things. If this man was warning him not to touch something, there was probably a good reason.

It didn't take long for the Yuuta to gather what the two would need and once he returned, he made a confession and declaration. The man's words brought a smirk to the genin's face. To be a powerful shinobi wasn't something the boy consciously thought about, but hearing those words out loud did make the genin feel good.

It was as if it lit a fire behind his eyes. Even if he never lived up to those words, he had the ambition to become one of the most knowledgeable medical shinobi in the world. Gaining and using that knowledge in the ways he wanted, impacting and shaping the world...that's what drove him. If power was a byproduct of that, so be it.

He returned the man's words with a simple nod of agreeance, before following him out. Asahi had agreed to go down a path with this man, at least for now. Where that path would lead and how long he follow Yuuta, only time would tell.

Something told the boy, that this man would at the very least, offer some interesting and entertaining experiences, and at most something far beyond what the boy could barely conceive as possible right now.

[EXIT]

Notes:

TAG: 
PYXIS