Please! Just come home.

compose a reply
Please! Just come home.Nov 24, 2021 23:00:37 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
The only cost not worth it is my own life.
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age birthday 1/26 rank occupation
The shift in expression on the young shinobi's face was concerning. She asked him a question, very genuine. Her sincerity, earnest request, would probably be moving if he were a more emotional man with a more caring heart. They pondered it for a long moment, letting the question linger on the air, heavy, as he thought back through his own motivations in the past. 

There was a great complication with all of it. It had all come from a selfish place. He was a deeply selfish creature at his core. In his heart. She wanted to know that she could trust him not to leave again. And the truth of the matter was probably that any trust of that nature would be superficial. If there was a reason he wouldn't leave again, it would be to save himself, protect himself from being hunted and killed, and not out of any genuine compassion or desire to remain. His sense of empathy was skewed and it felt as though it fluxed in waves. Sometimes he did not want to cause her heartache and other times he felt nothing. 

"The true depth of my story goes back a ways. I never knew my parents. My mother was a prisoner of war in Iwagakure. I was born in captivity," he explained. "My memories of the time are very vague. What I do know is this - for seven years I lived in a medical facility where I underwent experimentation. When the war ended and all was settled, they decided to repatriate me as a freed prisoner of war. My father had died in the war and I was left to be raised by distant relatives.

I was never accepted by them or the other members of the village. There were many jokes that I was a spy, waiting to be awakened and strike the heart of Takigakure. These rumors persisted for my entire life and I was unable to escape them. I was always treated as untrustworthy. It prevented me from advancing my career in the way I wanted to. They trusted me to be their tool, but would never do anything in return for me. I decided that if I was going to be judged anyways, I would like to prove them right." 
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 25, 2021 13:17:06 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

Read notes

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

So, that was it, huh? Well, I can't say I blame him but his execution was... is something I can't condone. Kunikunosaku grew silent as she held her wrist in hand. "I understand that feeling. Not the full gravity; but, if it makes it any better, the thing to cure my new hunger was my father. I can say that he definitely felt some sense of horror and betrayal until he didn't feel a thing at all. Ever since that day, everyone really looked at me like a monster, waiting to turn on them, even now for some, that's all they see. Even after I've gone through many lengths, there will always be doubt, but I don't want to give them the satisfaction. It wasn't easy garnishing the trust of others when they can't see past the black tendrils, but I proved them wrong and it's where I stand now."

The Mikatakujira grew quiet, something seemed off to her, he never answered her question. The teen looked at Ruto. "To ensure that I'm truly bringing you in, I have to make it look realistic, so I say you should probably rest unless you think you can make the rest of the way without your hands." Kunikunosaku looked at Ruto trying her best to show an apologetic expression. She really doesn't want to give him the impression that this was a terrible idea. "When you're ready, fold your arms behind your back." The girl stated as black tendrils formed out of her wists, growing and elongating each into whips.

"Together, we'll prove them wrong, you just have to stand your ground. If I can, you can too." Kunikunosaku stated warmly, completely blocking out the fact that her person was really no longer a person.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME: Nazokumu [Mysterious Nightmare]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu, Kinjutsu
HANDSEALS: None
DESCRIPTION:
By releasing some of their stitching, a member of the Mikatakujira clan will create weaponry from their threads, be they sharp spears or flexible blades. Depending on one's skill with the hiden, they can make these weapons reach further. Being one of the more basic techniques, the threads lack major reinforcement, making them fragile to many, if not all, cutting attacks. Capable of piercing flesh and cloth, most will find it difficult to pierce anything tougher.

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 757 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 25, 2021 23:39:27 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Her hunger was satiated on her father? What a tragic thing. Ruto had sometimes wished he had gotten rid of his adoptive parents, had allowed his anger towards their distance to boil up and over. He wondered what it would have been like if he had done it. Would he have regretted it? Been sad? It seemed like Kunikunosaku was very regretful over it indeed, though her relationship with her parents had been different than the one he had. 

She let him know that she needed to make this look realistic. That made sense. He was a nuke-nin. Theoretically, a danger to the village. No one would allow him to walk through the gates unimpeded, to face the jury of Takigakure's lord without some kind of restraint and formal arrest. Again he felt a flare in his heart, an urge to run and leave. He hated the idea of being restrained and forced to go. He had already made the agreement, so some resentment twisted in his gut at being further controlled and diminished. 

"I should probably rest for a while before we continue if that is going to be the case," he agreed. 

With that, he would lead Kunikunosaku to the nearest village and find them a place to rest. 

When he had gotten sufficient rest to feel ready to move again, he would rise again and put his hands behind his back. 

"Lead me home."
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Dec 2, 2021 12:56:30 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Ruto agreed in that he should rest to continue on the next leg of the journey under the conditions she stated. She was led by him to a proper resting location in a village. She bid him a good rest but she wasn't quite so unenlightened to stray off. Using her advantage above people, she kept a watchful eye on Ruto, assuring nothing was amiss. Once enough time passed, Ruto awoke and was quick to prepare for the journey. Kunikunosaku's fingers of her left hand blackened before elongating into practical whips. "It's gonna be a little tight but don't worry, I have more than enough control over these." The Kunoichi stated as she launched the five to his back. Unlike her other grips, this required much precision and much less than what her other jutsus were capable of.

Clamping themselves to his arms, they adjusted themselves to both bind tightly enough and in a position where it wasn't over bearable to move in. She could grant that commodity where other binds could not. It took some intricate movements both on her fingers and of the tendrils themselves to optimize the perfect lock that would hopefully please both parties. "Okay, stay in front of me or the binds will do a number on your arms." She more or less warned with concern in her voice. She started walking their way outside, making explicit sure that he followed her warning to the dot.

"I'm going on the more lightly traveled route to lead you to the known village ¿Takigakure?, I will go fetch the Lord to confirm next steps. The next hurdle may not be me to guide you, but someone else. I truly hope you'll follow the system Ruto, I know it's a big change and difference then what you've known. It is unfair to ask you to trust me at this point considering these bonds, so I'm putting my trust you will oblige. If things go smoothly, I expect the Mikatakujiras to aid the development of your new lab promptly. If I am assigned your supervisor, things will definitely be much easier, I cannot guarantee what happens next so I'm putting my trust in hands not my own that things will go right, please, know, I'm sacrificing a lot out of love for you, I only ask you spare some to keep both of us alive and well." The girl practically pleaded as she started the "last" leg of the journey, she hoped the foliage to fake Taki was much more clear than that to the real village.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Dec 9, 2021 22:22:40 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
His arms were pulled behind him, not too unbearably tight but still uncomfortable, as restraints will always be. He thoroughly did not enjoy it. It made him feel a deep pit of stress in his stomach. Being tied like this meant vulnerability, his life truly in the hands of the one leading him. He did not think she would suddenly flip a switch and decide to kill him, but the chances were never zero, and there was nothing he hated more than putting his own life at risk. Already his brain was working with plans on how he would escape if he needed to, what he could do to fight back, how he would handle it if the two of them were suddenly attacked by a stranger. 

He listened to what she instructed and kept his arms behind his back, not moving them and risking any injury. 

"I sincerely doubt the Mikatakujiras will do anything to aid me even if I am accepted back into the village," he admitted to her. "You were the only among them who ever treated me with familiarity. They will probably treat me even more like an outsider than before. I am willing to brave this and accept the risks and return to the village, to face my fate. I will not defy this or deny this chance. But still, I am not going to harbor any optimistic outlooks here."
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Dec 11, 2021 11:16:52 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Kunikunosaku continued observing Ruto and the area around to ensure safe transportation. Upon hear Ruto's words, Kuni got a bad feeling, she feared he may be right, but she would do everything in her power to prove him wrong. Not from spite, she cared too much about him and hoped the clan would treat him better now that they have her as their impromptu leader when the council nor the head chip in. Kuni promised Ruto she would earlier and now she's promising herself to do the same. The Kunoichi made a cant of her head as she looked at Ruto, thinking of the right words to assure him, instead, something else would come out.

"A bit grim, don'tcha'think? I'll do everything I can to ensure your safety and comfort. And it's okay if you don't hold a positive outlook, I will for both of us." The Kunoichi stated in a sort of cheery tone, despite her voice remaining fairly monotone. Kunikunosaku looked around and saw a marked tree she carved in a patrol route. "We're getting close, I hope you are ready. About to get real quiet." The Mikatakujira stated as she felt her body tense up. Please Ryū, spare him, I didn't go through all this trouble for him just to die. A passing thought but one of relevance. One out of hope and out of time.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Dec 17, 2021 23:44:50 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Perhaps it was grim, but Ruto had always been someone relatively blunt. He was good at sugarcoating words when he needed to, but when he did not find it necessary, he was often forthright. Even if Kuni had intentions to be positive and to have a good outlook on the future, that did not mean Ruto needed to. Perhaps it was that he was older. He knew the people of the village he'd be returning to very well. Trying to gain any measure of respect was going to be an uphill battle. He decided not to share this pessimism with her, as he doubted it would lead to anything productive and would just sour her mood. 

Anyways, she was correct. They were beginning to draw close. It had been forever since he had been this close to a proper city in Bonchi no Kuni. What an odd thing to be back here. It was difficult to decide if this place or Tsuchi no Kuni held the worse memories for him. 

"Where were you asked to bring me in particular?" Ruto asked. "Directly to prison, to a court? Will the lord be waiting for our arrival?" He wondered. 
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Dec 20, 2021 11:48:42 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Read notes

Kunikunosaku swayed her head back and forth, quietly humming to an old song she sung back when she was a Genin, holding her arm as still as possible so the tendrils would not harm nor hinder her family member. Kuni had to pass the time somehow to bring her family member in healthy, well, as healthy as she thought he was. It wasn't a matter of uncertainty but rather one of idle thought. She wasn't the tyrant her Lord was nor was she as innocent as she appeared, for what it was all worth, Kuni was dubbed as a 'Devil in Disguise.' While she had really good intentions, her execution of them teetered the line of psychotic. In her opinion, Ruto had a reason to fear her more than Ryū, if she was given a kill order, it'd hurt her but it would be the perfect time to execute it.

Kuni did her best to force the thought out of her head and it was an indirect help when Ruto asked where he was to be detained. "This, this is where my trust in you takes place, think of it like a test. I'm only to bring you to ¿Takigakure? I was not ordered to detain you in any specific place within the village. When the time comes, I expect you to follow it promptly." Kunikunosaku said in the most matter-of-fact tone. "Past the gates, these binds will peel off of you and you have mostly free reign to do as you please. When the trial comes, everything will be evaluated there." An additional note Kunikunosaku had the urge to share.

She wondered what he would do with this psuedo-freedom, would he sit and lament, try to prove himself, try to escape? Not only was she concerned about his well-being, now she had to be extra concerned about hers. If there was no hiccups, they'd arrive promptly and she'd do as she said; as she was ordered to. But the time from there to after her last lingering moments to assure safety in the false copy was up to him and the strings of fate to dictate events.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Dec 20, 2021 11:49:03 GMT -5
Please! Just come home.Dec 24, 2021 5:59:19 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
The answer surprised him quite deeply. Free reign around the village. Well, not the village. The false visage of the village, the one given to travelers and allies so that Takigakure could remain the last truly hidden village in the world. Still, it was an important place, pivotal to the nation. Ruto was to be returned to it and allowed to roam as he wished. It was not what he expected. He anticipated more restraint, control, observation. Of course, not stating that there was observation didn't mean there wouldn't be any. It was very likely that he would be tailed by secret shinobi and that if he did anything out of line, he would be handled swiftly. 

It was a test. A test of his commitment to the nation, of his mannerisms, of his sanity. If he acted against the interests of Takigakure in any way, it would prove that he was an unsalvageable asset. It was meant to be tantalizingly open because it existed as a means to bait him into giving into criminal urges. 

"I will await your orders," Ruto agreed after she explained. 

Soon enough, the two would pass into ¿Takigakure?. The restraints peeled from their wrists and they raised their hands to look at them, then followed the gaze from their fingertips out to the city around them. It had been a long time since they had been in such a large city. 

"I suppose I should go book an inn to stay at until my trial comes," Ruto told Kunikunosaku. "Thank you for helping me to return here." His true thankfulness was questionable, but expressing such gratitude was probably important to seeming worthy of returning to his station here.
has written 141 posts