Please! Just come home.

compose a reply
Please! Just come home.Oct 17, 2021 13:41:48 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

It took a lot of days thinking, it was a hard decision. Kuni couldn't muster a decision quickly, it wasn't something to take lightly. It could target him, the village clan, even her. After trying to build Ryū's trust on her so vigorously, the girl herself knew she was being watched, but she doubted they'd go as far as she has to, the Mikatakujira believed if she can change anything in the village and in her clan, she strongly believed she can achieve it if she can bring in Ruto. A lot of things including the risk of death were prevalent no matter how she went about this, the girl pressed her hands against her face. I can't lose family, not like this. Kuni thought as she finally got up from sitting on her bed. After such a long time, she was going to do it.

Leaving her home, Kuni closed the door once she assured all of her equipment was stored. She had one dedicated ally that she knew, Mizuchi of the village contract. It felt like she was moe dedicated to her than the village, she didn't know how to feel about that, but one extra tool was always more helpful than going at it alone. The girl set off as stealthily as she could, it was going to be a long trip, luckily for her, she had no human limits that would stop her.

Snaking around enemy countries was a bit difficult but after a day of traveling, the girl walked deep through Tsuchi no Kuni in hopes she was able to shake off any Shukan followers. It was an added two days tracking through the country, she had a feeling they wouldn't allow spies within an allied nation in the event it could start a war. However, days were nothing, to her, it was an easy trek. Choosing to move faster at night and walk during the day also could potentially help through off pursuers.

Upon the 4th day, she finally made it to Wood Country. Still, she kept going until she was at the heart of the country. "Ruto, I'm here! Can we talk?" The Chūnin called out, she hoped that this was worth it. No, this was worth it.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 757 posts
Please! Just come home.Oct 17, 2021 17:05:18 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
The only cost not worth it is my own life.
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age birthday 1/26 rank occupation
Life was a complicated beast. It did not seem content to let Ruto live out his existence, forging his new path. No, it had to sniff him out, the past refusing to lie down. In a way, it was always like that for him. He was a man haunted by the past, forever bound in its webs. He wouldn't mind so much if struggling against that web wasn't so inclined to bring the spider down on him. It was his own fault. He never should have returned to Bonchi no Kuni, not even for a brief time, not even to retrieve those plants he knew so much about. Yes, it was his own fault. He'd strayed from his current goal and now he was going to have to deal with the confrontation of it. 

He felt Kuni coming long before her arrival. Some part of him considered packing up and running off. Flee the country, hide out somewhere else. It would be easy. He was good at it by now. But... Would it be easy? She knew where he was, now, at least in theory. Knew he was out there. There was little chance she would let this lie, that she wouldn't hunt him to the ends of the earth. And at the end of the day, he really didn't want to hurt her. 

When Kuni approached, Ruto came to greet her, hood drawn. It was not without some paranoia and it was probably obvious in his gaze, the way it flickered past her shoulder. Any good sensor knew that there were those capable of disguising and suppressing their chakra signature. Just because he felt no one didn't mean she wasn't followed. 

"Kunikunosaku. You found me. It is a pleasure to see you again." Had she come to collect him? Or been told of his true nature and been sent to put him in the ground? 
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Oct 17, 2021 23:33:02 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

"Ruto!" Kuni muttered with a smile to him as he made his presence known. It was him, he was here like he said he'd be, Kunikunosaku instantly dropped the facade of formalities and her stoicism. One could say that Ruto was her Achilles' Heel or that she has a lack of control over her emotions. The answer was definitely more the former than anything. Kuni went in for a hug, if the tears could form, they would. She pressed her head against his chest as she held him. "I can't believe you're here! I can't believe I get to see you again! Ruto, I love you, and I miss you so much." The Mikatakujira girl said happily but as if on the verge of tears. She was hurt though, she prayed to every god that they didn't find her, she'd have to make a decision then and there, and the thought of it broke her hearts so much. All she wanted to do was be lost in the moment, yet, there was a threat.

"I'm risking everything I built, all the restored faith in me, even my own life just by coming here. I talked to the Lord, he's leaning on a yes, but I can't guarantee anything..." The teenager said as she let her grip go to just lean on him. Keep her face on his chest as pain was written across her face. The girl stood in place, slightly shaking. "Ruto... please, come home. Just please, I know your fear, I have worked with him, and he gave me a cost. And I'm paying it, regardless of what happens." The Mikatakujira said, fear in her voice, fear in her eyes. "Right now... Ni-Ni, I just want you to know how much I missed you. What is it like, being on the run? What is it like being without a home?" Kuni's fear faded back into the curiosity she had as a child.

There were two reasons for this switch. The first being that she truly wanted to stop looking so weak. Second, she wanted to avoid telling him the truth if she went back without him. Avoid telling him the price of coming here.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Nov 2, 2021 21:15:31 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
She pulled him in for an embrace, tearful, still so small. She was far from the child she had been, but in many ways the echo of that youth remained. One was always the child that they were, deep at their core. Every adult was also a teenager was also a toddler, only building upon the old selves that had been. That was why he was the shambles of an evil figure that he was. Standing here, holding this sniffling shinobi who had come searching for him, he still felt barely anything at all. 

Kuni asked him an interesting set of questions. What was it like? He tilted his head, rubbing her back lightly as he thought it through. With some hesitance, he admitted, 

"It's freeing." That was how it had felt when he left. Angering, infuriating. Enough to make him nauseous, furious. But at the same time, he was finally out from underneath an unimaginable pressure. There was a world open before him. "I can do anything I want out here without being told what to do..." 

But there were also fewer opportunities. The limitations on his studies would go away if he went home. 

"But... I would consider returning. What has he said about it? About me?"
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 6, 2021 8:59:48 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Kunikunosaku with eyes slightly wide, looked down. "Free, I see. I wish I can be free - like Nii-Nii." Kunikunosaku actually pondered her version of freedom. How she can find her inner peace and how she could break down the shackles of time imorium. She wondered and wondered but soon her thoughts grew darker, angrier. And the hearts... ripe for the taking... no limitations. It was then she was reminded of her innate nature, of the power she held that people can only imagine; that people wish they had. Doing whatever he wanted without qualms. Her attention and reality was snapped back when Ruto stated he might come back, that he was considering it.

She gave Ruto one last squeeze before pulling away from him, both to protect him and protect herself. Another intonation shift and a stronger voice came from the mouth that was on the verge of collapse, of what did collapse. "Exactly as he told me, 'I am risking more of my life, my kin, all for the sake of you... I meddled too deep into the rabbit hole and connected to a web far beyond my knowledge. I am to bring back the Doctor of Death for him to judge if you are indeed worth the risk. If you are, you are to be stationed in our village front, the fake we have.'" Kuni rubbed her temple, staring at the man before her. "Being out here, if I fail to retrieve you, I die... Please Ruto, please! Just come home. It won't be worth it if I have to drag you back, I'm begging you to come peacefully. Please... I don't want to hurt my Nii-Nii, but I can't go back empty-handed." Kuni once again begged.

"I can command the rebuilding of your lab, a better one than what you were allowed in the compound because you won't live in it. But, not if you make me have to drag you back." With that spoken, the black tendrils sprouted from her limbs, softly moving in the air. "Please. Ruto, I'm begging you from all of my hearts, please. Just come back." Her voice was broken, almost shivering in the same pain her eyes were in. Family. Love. Tradition. All of those were on the edge, all of those she had to sacrifice, she may already have. These were the final balances on the scale, and it was all being weighed on one person.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Nov 6, 2021 13:57:44 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
A new position, stationed in the false village. Away from the people who had previously exploited his work, with a new flock. Being tied down was not was he desired. But still, might it be better than this endless roaming? He thought of all the villages that he had travelled between, the relationships forged with the common people. It was not necessarily the case that he would be unable to make use of them again even back in Takigakure. Would the common people be relieved at his return? Rejoice his presence even with his odious reputation? Other people had always liked him more than shinobi. It was like they could sense something off with him. 

It didn't seem like he would be given much choice, however. Return or Kuni dies. Everyone's body screams out for self-preservation. She wouldn't allow him to remain outside. Ordinarily he wouldn't even flinch at the idea of facing someone of her rank. A chakra scalpel reached in to sever tendons would be enough to slow her. But he knew the strength of Earth's Grudge. Knew enough to know that he didn't know it's true strength. How much of a threat she was to him was completely impossible for him to ascertain and he was not one to take unnecessary risks. Everyone's body screams out for self-preservation. 

Consider the options. He looked around himself. Run? She was an adept hunter. She found him here. There was nowhere he could feasibly hide. Duck into a village? Civilians were good at hiding him, but they were also liable to get jumpy if they started getting torn apart. Though that in itself might cause a political incident. Enough to give him a chance to slip? 

All too risky. Bad ideas. 

"Alright," he agreed. "I'll return with you. I don't want to force you to fight me. We would gain nothing by hurting each other here," he said. He'd never minded bloodshed, but he disliked his own. 

"Still. We must face the fact that you are asking me to come and risk my own death. What will you do if I am judged negatively? If he wants to have me hanged?"
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 6, 2021 19:59:26 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Read notes

If she could cry, she'd be tearing up right now. Just forcing the tendrils out hurt her, of course not physically but emotionally. She didn't want to essentially hold him at gunpoint, but she in essence did. Two sides of the same coin, would it be peaceful, would it end violently, and in who's favor. As much as she hated the idea, she actually expected her own 'blood' to fight her. A bout of survival between a man and a monster. She preferred if she went, it'd be at the hands of someone who knew her before. A bittersweet goodbye to a person who could remember the good times of her past, at least they'd have one good memory. The Chūnin didn't believe it was possible for anyone to remember something good from her, she didn't do anything favorable, she didn't quite interact with people, and it hurt, but no one remembered who she was, they only know what she's become.

Ruto spoke one of the few words that'd cause her and her tendrils to freeze. She stared at him in silence as he spoke more, pulling in the black tendrils as her lips quivered. She smiled brightly and if she could cry tears of joy. Kunikunosaku's head felt numb, it felt like the weight of the world got smaller, she didn't feel at arms with herself and it was a feeling too good to be true. "Nii-Nii, thank go-" Kuni's little rejoice was cut short and her expression went from blank to pain in a matter of seconds. She wasn't ready for that question, no matter how many times it tumbled in her mind. "Two answers... die avenging you... the other, why do you think I asked that question earlier." Kuni stood silent as she looked at Ruto.

"I have nothing left, I lost everyone who was ever dear to me. I don't even know where my mother went and my father has been dead for years... Most of the village hates me, either for my action or this thing I've become... The head doesn't give a damn about me and the rest of Takigakure's shinobi see me as an expendable attack dog... I have no team, no one to watch my back, no one who even cares to look past what I am. My 'life' isn't even a life. Kunikunosaku is dead, she has been for so long now... I'm the last of her will to exist, she lives on not by memories but by an unspeakable horror. I'm the last resort of a girl who has gone unnoticed for years beyond. A ghost that has unfinished business is all I am, it's all I'll ever be."

The girl couldn't help but let the words pour out, it was the dark truth she had refused time and time again to regain some semblance of her former life. But it was the demon that Ruto pulled out of her. Her 'humanity' was only but an illusion Jiongu tricked itself into maintaining. But without it, he would have no one just as she has. He must have humanity left otherwise, why would he be considering it. "If I'm honest, I don't know what can redeem my existence but if I can redeem yours, I know I've done something with the little life I have." Kuni held out her hand to him, reaching for him but can she still even touch lives, or is that a right reserved for the living?

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Nov 6, 2021 22:03:41 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
A mourning dirge poured from the mouth of this young girl. A mourning for herself, her own existence, which she deemed at an end. A dead woman walking, a corpse, a monstrosity. That perspective he could not understand. The integration of that great life into herself, that immortality, it didn't seem such a curse to him. It had been what he had coveted, what he had wanted so badly to research and understand and feel for herself. Still, feeling tainted. Apart and loathed. It was something he could understand as thoroughly as she surely did. Maybe that was why the Jiongu had compelled him so. Something so utterly alien, unique. The idea of integrating with it, sharing with it a connection that he could never have found anywhere else. Yet Kuni seemed dissatisfied with that. Maybe all things were disappointing in the end. 

Did she want to redeem him? He really wasn't looking for something like that. Maybe he would be disappointing in the end, too. 

"Anything that lives has the chance to adapt and grow," he informed her. "That is the beauty of life. You're... immortal, eternal. You have plenty of time to grow and learn. Become something new. You're not dead, or just a memory. You are a living thing. A living person. You have as much time as you wish to become what you want to be and to live life like you wish to."
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 13, 2021 23:56:27 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Anything that lives has a chance to adapt and grow? What felt like minutes were barely seconds that echoed in her head. Was she really alive? Was this truly a li- Any thoughts were cut of by his words. The Mikatakujira watched him in silence. The words he stated, they seemed to revere what she was. His point was strong, in the grand scheme of things, she was still in the infancy of her long life, Kuni honestly forgot she was immortal. She always just assumed the hearts would at some point decay and she'd wither but if it hasn't yet, why would it happen later? She contemplated on his words, was she really able to start a new life from zero. Kunikunosaku had so many internal questions to answer.

Walking close to Ruto, Kunikunosaku reached out to his arm. "It is a long journey and we need to be careful not to run into allied or enemy nations. Are you ready to go back home? We are both taking a risk of going back. I'm as uncertain as you, for all we know, just because we have met the second time might make us both the enemy. Not only are we family, but, I love you, I won't accept it if it goes sour. I can't, even if we both become pariahs, anything to know you are safe is worth it." Kunikunosaku stated softly, watching Ruto for any sudden change. She doesn't know if she can handle fighting her Nii-Nii.

The white-haired Mikatakujira tugged lightly on his sleeve. "Let's go home, Nii-Nii."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Nov 14, 2021 0:29:27 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Even if they both become pariahs. He did wonder if she, in her youthful naivety, really understood what risk she was putting herself under with that claim. Perhaps. She did imply that she had already become monster, beast. That people viewed her differently because of what she was, that she felt separate from everything else. If that were the case, she was already a pariah, and was risking very little. Still, perhaps there was a difference. Between an implicative distance and a certain one. It was what had pushed him over the edge. Thinking that everyone detested him as an outsider had felt very different from becoming certain of it. 

Though there was some hesitation still in his heart, he had decided that his best chance of survival was in agreeing to go with her at this moment. 

"I'm ready to go. Whatever we face, hopefully being together will make it more bearable. If we're lucky, I'll be able to return as if little happened," he said. Wouldn't that be odd? He's not certain it's likely. He's not certain he would like it very much either. But if it is his option, he will take it. 

"What route should we travel by? I know people from a fair few villages who wouldn't find my presence odd at all,"
he admitted. "I've been making good company with villagers even across multiple countries... So long as we stay with them, I doubt we will run into any trouble." 
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 18, 2021 21:30:07 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The girl smiled as she heard Ruto agree he was ready, his words comforted her in this decision. She heard the suggestions he pitched on a way to go back. Kunikunosaku looked at the empty space in front of her before turning to Ruto, "Well obviously, we can't go through the known allied nations. I'm worried that any allies might look at us as traveling deserters rather than what we really are, it might force conflict, I should've mentioned this is a task only assigned to me in his office. I don't even know if any other Taki shinobi is in the know about this personal journey, that being said, I say we go with your suggestion, that's probably the safest avenue, I'll figure out how we get to the village once we arrive to Bonchi." Kunikunosaku stated with a certainty in her tone. She fully believed this journey would work, it has too.

"The detours will take longer and I don't think you can just keep going like me, if you need some rest or need uh, sleep, I think... then we can do so. You are still human, I really can't deny you what you need to survive just cause I don't need it... Anyways, you know the way through those villages better, lead the way." The younger Mikatakujira stated, elaborating just a little of expectations. It should be implicit if he tries to flee or resist, he knows she has to bring him back or she dies, thus while a quick getaway could be a feasible attempt, having a hunter that needs no rest will definitely be harder to escape from.

She really hoped Ruto would comply and keep to his word, the difficult part of convincing was over, but certainly a new, harder challenge has come to the surface.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Nov 19, 2021 11:12:09 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
It was funny, hearing her refer to him as human. Just human. So often through his life he had been called and treated as other things. A monster. An agent of death. Some terrible vulture. The Good Doctor, a concept beyond his own personhood and humanity. She was right, though. Unlike her, he did fatigue. Unlike her, he would eventually need rest. If only it weren't so. He wished he was inexorable, motivated by that constant life and movement. 

He nodded his agreement with her and began to lead the way through the paths of wood country. Through twisting forest and gnarled root. Though they passed by many villages, he would do his level best to remain awake and alert as long as possible. Delaying their travel would not be a wise idea. 

Though Ruto's sociability was questionable, he did know that to travel in silence was uncanny and that it would not be a good way to pass the time. That was why he decided to broach a subject. If the two were going to be getting to know one another again, perhaps it would not be bad to engage in actual conversation. To share information about one another. 

"...While I've been away, I've been trying to continue my experimentation," he informed her. "Not the same kind that I did back home, of course, but I've been gathering samples of illness from across multiple countries. Where has your work led you?" Besides here. Obviously. She was a hunter. Had she joined the stealth ranks? She wouldn't be allowed to share that information. But maybe she would anyways, if she were. Impossible to guess. 
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 19, 2021 12:10:19 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Read notes

Ruto led the way, she wouldn't have thought about going this exact route, but for the safety of this transport, it was mutually agreed to be the best idea. An awfully long time would pass and Kuni observed her relative, he was definitely pushing through. In some ways, it made the Kunoichi happy that he was adamant about making it to his utmost degree, it did worry her about his physical health, but she tried to sway her concerns, after all, he pushed hard to keep on the run as a Nuke, maybe, just maybe, he's trying to use that strength to follow through with her wishes. Kunikunosaku kept an eye on him, while also trying to figure out if they were going the right way.

He spoke, breaking the silence, while he was out traveling, he was continuing his experiments. Like that um... plant that had... Shit! What was it called, Blight, I think. Kuni made a cant of her head as she looked at Ruto, it wasn't the same as back home though, was he experimenting on extraction and application rather than curing it. Kuni swayed her head back and forth, trying to decipher what he meant. But he did ask her the question of where has her work taken her. "I'll start a bit after me gaining Jiongu. I was a Genin but I was placed on a team where the leader only taught with a fresh team, I learned many of the basics before my official Genin team arrived. My sensei and teammates, while we did excellent on missions, tried very hard to fix my personality. To cope with the trauma, I formed two personalities. They worked to bring my true personality together. That was done in the Chūnin Exams. My whole team qualified, I was the only one who passed. Since then, I've been an operations Team Leader without a team. I've been acting as an agent to the village, maintaining peace, patrolling even the country, and strengthening diplomatic bonds. Since I act solo, for the time being, I'm also sent as a quote 'Elite Team'. Basically, a one-man army, taking care of the Lord's personal orders, hunting Nukes who are more violent, and carrying out my solo quest of finding my humanity, my purpose in life being this now. I'm certainly a more dangerous tool than many believe me to be."

The girl stated without missing a beat or taking a breath. She truly wondered how her cousin would think of her achievements, she has done much since they last truly got to know each out. Would he be proud, scared, angry? The possibilities were endless but whatever ill-faith happened. It truly wouldn't get much thought with the distance they were covering.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Please! Just come home.Nov 19, 2021 17:48:40 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
This was the life of a shinobi who lived and grew up in the villages. Ruto could not help but see himself a bit in it, but it must not have been a very particular familiarity. He thought that in a way, many shinobi went through similar processes. It would probably make his "friend," the young doctor, sad to see. This seemed like the kind of injustice he was thoroughly against. Ruto had never been able to build that same kind of passion for anyone but himself, but he could still see the shape of the dissatisfaction with the way things are. 

"An incredibly serious job for someone so young," Ruto said. "They've put a lot of weight upon your shoulders. That must mean that you are a very competent shinobi. I am glad to know that you've grown up so well even if there were struggles along the way. Regardless of how people feel about the Jiongu, it sounds like they trust you to be a good soldier and reliable presence on the field." That, at least, was something he could never say for himself. He remembered the snickered jokes from his fellow shinobi about how he would probably stab them in the back. How much he wishes he had actually done it the way everyone thought he would instead of the miniscule-in-comparison tantrum. 
has written 141 posts
Please! Just come home.Nov 23, 2021 22:16:48 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

She had hoped they found her competent, she's been trying hard to prove she was one of the best. On the scales of the Lord or even the Jinchūriki herself. Even overthrowing the current head, he didn't deserve to hold such a title and he doesn't hold the competency enough to truly care about the clan. He was more obsessed with murder and hearts that it even disgusted Kunikunosaku herself. One thing was clear though, people acknowledged her abilities and its growth at such a rapid pace. But there was a lot of weight, a lot of pressure, it made things unbearable at times; but, with each little victory, Kunikunosaku felt more capable to take on whatever the world threw at her.

The Mikatakujira looked at Ruto with a smile before looking back ahead, they needed to get home. She wanted him back but she was also cherishing this time with him. She wasn't sure of the future, she couldn't even confidently guess what will happen but it was comforting there's a chance that things will be alright. It has to be, it just has to. But... what if it wasn't, what if it never was nor will be? Kuni's face instantly went from a hopeful smile to a ghost-blank stare. "Ruto... Tell me the truth... Why did you really run? You shrugged people's dissatisfaction to you easily... Why did you do it back then and what's to say you won't do it again? I want to know, will you leave me again?"

Kuni asked, her gaze slightly lowered. The more she thought about his answer, the more it eats her, part of her really didn't believe it was truly this easy. She didn't want to admit it but she partially believed that he was playing her, prying to get her to slip up before leaving with more knowledge. He did point out she was a competent kunoichi, she didn't feel like it, but she could guess when there's ulterior motives. She had to grow up having the deadliest of ones around everyone.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED: