Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]

compose a reply
Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]Nov 17, 2021 17:00:44 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"open your heart and you shall see".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

FINAL KEY

As the tears came down, Wahei reached out for it, wiping it for his friend, and Shigure looked at him with gratitude in his eyes, and after that, he moved in to read the letter, prompting the Hyuuga to move it to the side a bit, so it would be easier for him to read. Wahei commented on the fact that this swordsmen of the Mist had claimed his life, and pointed out to the fact that his mom would've been pretty much pissed off, and Shigure nodded in agreement; he didn't know who this person was, but the blood of his uncle was on her hands, and if he ever came across this individual, he could only hope he would be strong enough, because he would avenge Natsuo or die trying.

"There's something sealed in this letter... Give me a moment." and upon saying that, Shigure placed the letter on the ground, kneeling beside it and performing a few hand seals before slamming his hand on the letter. "Hikin Fuinjutsu!" the Hyuuga exclaimed and in an instant, a jar with a liquid popped out from the paper. Shigure didn't quite know what it was, but taking a closer look, he saw some sort of key inside the jar. The jar also had some liquid, that Wahei could recognize due to his medical knowledge as a solution to preserve something, like an eye, for example.

Shigure opened the container and grabbed the key, with his Byakugan, he scanned the room for the hole that would fit it, and he finally found it at the base of Wahei's 'birth tube'. Without even noticing, he stared at the place, prompting his friend to inquire why he was looking at that. "Oh, that's because the keyhole there fits this key here, so maybe that's where she hid the eye? Wanna check it out?" he asked, offering Wahei the key.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission
Implanted Byakugan Sidequest
[]
[322 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]Nov 18, 2021 13:57:00 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"open your heart and you shall see!".
"It's good to know you've found someone to yourself" - Someone, somewhere...

This special place.

Shigure explanation made certain kind of sense to Wahei, although he was not sure on how to feel about it. - "I mean, why'd 'mum' hide something like this in my birth-tube?" - but he snap out of his own thoughts when Shigure gave him the key. He get closer to it without hesitation and inserted the key on the hole, opening it - or at least trying according to what seemed the obvious thing to do.

When he turned the key, it started to glow in clear chakra-blue and the device started to open what seemed to be some kind of vault. Inside of it, on the very bottom, they could see the cover of a glass pot. It was made from plastic in color white. 

The light of the room suddenly turned on as if the whole lab was starting to come to life. A recorder voice start shouting a message - Hello. Wahei-kun. Shigure-san. Thanks for waking me up with the soft sound of your young voices. - T-that was. It couldn't be. Could it? - As you managed to get here, you should've learned that a very little few things in this life are actually a coincidence. - No doubt. That voice belonged to Kazuhira Ahmia. - I knew the risks of the surgery from the very beginning and - well - if you are here listening to it, things really went wrong. So I had to guarantee a way that you boys could end up here sooner or later. - she was talking about the eye. Did she tried to implant it on herself? - Look, I'm not the 'mama' type so I'm not good with words. But the point is that I trust you. Yes. Both of you. - How could she trust Shigure should them have never met before? - Natsuo had told me so much about you, Shigure-san, that I pretty much feel like I know your very self. And I kind of did, actually. - there was a very confident tone in her voice - I mean, you happened to have become twice a best friend for both of my children, beside being my beloved's nephew - of course. It was pretty bad tho that the only chance I had to see you was in the hospital... as a patient, you know... treat you seemed pretty much as to treat a part of my own child - her voice tone went down for a second. Transmission was failing. After a short moment, it came back: - Well, you should've learned so far that I'm a very cautious and I wouldn't allow the slightest chance of Natsuo's legacy to fall into wrong hands. - her voice now had lost any sign of kindness it had before.

There's a trigger that would destroy not only the content, but also the whole lab with you inside. You two, together, are the only one who'd be able to break through the safety seal. I wish you the best luck! - now she was just being sarcastic.

A red notice alarm shouted with a very loud siren alert. The light was turning off and on in red. Wahei went towards the hidden place again and slowly pulled the pot where the eye was floating. He took the best effort to do it the most carefully possible and then he noticed that as soon as he touched it some seal spread out connecting him by circumventing his hand. There was, in the other side, space for another pair of hands that Wahei could see through the glass. It seemed very fragile, but as a doctor-to-be, Wahei have been training to become a surgeon and handle the soft of the soft in terms of movement dexterity and precision alike.

Hey, Boss! - although startling, his tone was firm and full of care - Place your hand there smoothly. Use your byakugan and you'll get it. - Remember Kinobori with Yoru-kun? - Something like that. We are holding a quite fragile bomb here. - Yes, he said bomb and Shigure's byakugan would confirm it. If something would wrong, an explosive seal attached to the glass would promptly ignite and blow everything down.

After touching the seal, the whole pot started to shine in chakra-blue and the content inside (the sole byakugan) couldn't been seen anymore. A voice started into the boys head.

--- A thing my first love used to make is the key to protect the legacy of my second beloved which shall be inherited by the son who followed my steps. What is that thing? ---

- That'd be a tricky one. But fortunately, it was something that Wahei - thanks to Shigure - had refreshed into his memory. With a simple but full of confident smile, he said - 'Chīzuomuretsu' (チーズオムレツ) - albeit he didn't had a clue of what that is, he knew in the bottom of his heart that Kazuhira would never leave that journey there out of purpose. She knew Wahei better than himself. She knew that at the first chance he'd jump into the deepest details he could - and with Shigure eye's, he'd basically jump into everything.

- I'm very proud of you, kids.

- M-mum'...

It's It's good to know you've found someone to yourself. I'm very proud of you, Wahei-kun, and I'm pretty sure you'll become a hell of a doctor. Honor your family name and what it stands for, Kazuhira-san. You've earned it.

... Mum'... wait... are you sure this is what you want? What Natsuo-san would've wanted?

What'd ya mean?

- I'm just receiving this precious gift that was entrusted to you. Not to me. And I'm... I'm not even really human. I'm having trouble on how to behave in front of people. I have so many doubts and... these voices in my head... they're haunting me like demons...

- Wahei-kun... Natsuo entrusted his legacy to my dream. And from the moment I've seen you in that tube, you've had become my dream. My future. My legacy. My son. I'm pretty sure Natsuo would've agreed with me too, as long as you use his legacy to excel the purposes of medicine, of course. This will not only be your dream to built, but a burden to carry on. It's your legacy now.

- Yes Ma'am...

Another thing. You've always been such a clever kid. I don't get why you have to be such a dumb when it comes to your birth. Okay' you have been created in a lab. You're synthetic. Who cares? What is important is not how you've managed to get whatever it is in your life - your very life included - but what the fuck you endeavor to do with it. And if your demons want to bully you because of that, I'd strongly suggest you to become the biggest demon ever and show them who the boss really is.

- Wow... Thanks... You're really you. Huh?

- Not really. Part of it, yes. Because 'Kazuhira' used her chakra to make this seal. But most of 'me' was made by your past memories. Which means...

- All that you're saying... is something that I've already believed in.

- That's my boy. Now go catch that eye'... okay?

- 'Mum'... Just another thing...

- Spit it out kid. I don't have too much time.

- I miss you so fucking much!

- I know, kid. And I miss you too, but I'll always look up for your no matter where I am. And don't you ever dare to forget... - That tears of yours... - That's precisely what makes you human. Thanks for making my case, kiddo.

- I'll stand for y--'our legacy, mom. I'm gonna make you proud! I promise!

And with a gentle smile, 'Kazuhira" wiped out and Wahei 'woke up' again, standing in front of Shigure. He could felt that sole tear dropping. That feeling was real.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Dynamic Duo!
- Implanted Byakugan SideQuest [Part II] -
[ ]
[1336 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Nov 19, 2021 13:36:27 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 491 posts
Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]Nov 18, 2021 16:01:13 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

When Wahei used the key on the keyhole of his birth-tube, a recorder voice started to play and Dr. Kazuhira started talking to them. Upon hearing his own name being called, Shigure widen his eyes and arched his brows, completely surprised by that. "M-my name?!" he asked no one in particular, but quickly silenced himself to hear what she had to say. The voice explained what happened, and how she had failed to implant herself with the Byakugan that belonged to Natsuo, and instead decided to preserve it so she could entrust it to them in the future. "No way..." he thought to himself in surprise. Then, she told Shigure just how much she knew about him from Natsuo and that made the tears start rolling down his face. He tried to keep his composure, but he failed completely and started to sob. His mind would go many places, thinking of Kaito, Natsuo, his old team and just how much he missed them.

It was heartwarming to heart those words, even if that meant that they were all long gone and would never be able to see each other again. But their goals and dreams were entrusted to Shigure and to Wahei, and as such, they would continue to live on, and there was beauty in that.

Having taking measures to prevent Natsuo's eyes to fall into the wrong hands, Kazuhira made it so that the seal could only be broken if the two boys went there together. He was honestly surprise with her insight, but that should've been expected, she was a genius after all, and Natsuo was quite smart himself. Following Wahei's instructions, he placed his hand where he indicated, keeping his Byakugan activated, and the pot started to shine in bright blue light, almost too much for them to take.

Shigure remained silent for the most part when mother and child were talking, but when she mentioned his synthetic origin and how that didn't matter, Shigure nodded in agreement. "You are a friend, a brother even... Why does it matter how you were made? What matters is that you are here, Wahei-kun." he said as he looked at his friend with tenderness in his eyes. Once the seal faded away, Kazuhira's chakra was gone for good and now the pot contained only the Byakugan, ready for them to take.

One step forward, Shigure grabbed the container and immediately turned to Wahei, offering it to him. "This is for you. Fulfill not only your dream, but the dreams of those who sacrificed so much so that we could be here today. I believe in you, my friend, and I will always be there for you." he said.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission
Implanted Byakugan Sidequest
[]
[455 words]
Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]Nov 19, 2021 14:04:15 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"With great power comes great responsibility" - Ben Parker, Marvel Universe.

Legacy.

Now everything was crystal clear. Although Kazuhira somehow failed to implant Natsuo eye on herself - probably the real reason why she'd end up losing her life- she had prepared a scapegoat plan to guarantee that Wahei and Shigure would eventually finding it safe and sound.

Living that moment, even knowing that it was something artificial as a memorie, made Wahei drop a few more tears. He couldn't control how much he missed her mother and, few days later, he wouldn't have been able to tell how he was suppose to be. Noticing that he actually had a human side inside of him was something that made his humanity trigger. And that's not artificial at all.

Wahei realized how much of his mother love lived inside of him and that very part of her helped him out on how to handle with the dark inside of him. Now he could see himself as a human. And as so, a being with flaws. When Shigure spoke out that friendly words to him, Wahei nodded and cracked his typical wide smile.

- I don't have enough words to thank you. - his confident and genuinely tone was back - I'll live up for this legacy. And I also promise to help you out on changing the Hyuga's policy. Don't you dare leaving me out of it. - he took the container and put his eyes behind the glass - We'll be watching!!! - and aparently the joker part was there too.

Not having much time to discuss, the boys was once again surprised by the red notice protocol. The siren and red light turning off and on was back. - What the..? - the screens all over the room was broadcasting the same alert message: "DANGER! Emergency protocol activated. Initiating selfdestruction".

There wasn't any indication of countdown but both of them was smart enough to leave the place ASAP. The whole structure went down diving into the ground followed by and earthquake. Wahei and Shigure had quite trouble to evacuate mainly because they still had to take care of the container to not damage the eye.

Holy shit! What'd we do now, Boss? - and there was the two of them, in the outskirts of a quite dangerous area after a out of nowhere earthquake. They wouldn't have much time to waste from now on, specially being two genins carrying a very skilled and highly priced dojutsu - I mean... beside of getting the fuck out of here.

And that was actually a good point. Now that they had finally found the eye. How'd they implant it in Wahei? Even if that wasn't the case and the eye was meant to be implanted on Shigure, that kind of surgery was something pretty advance and Wahei wouldn't be able yet to perform it without putting his best friend in major risk. They'd need a specialized medic to do it. But the question is: how would the handle it?

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Dynamic Duo!
[ ]
[495 Words]
Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]Nov 19, 2021 16:05:54 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

CONCLUSION

Shigure nodded to his friend when he said that he would help him change the Hyuuga. "Thank you, Wahei-kun, I'm sure I will need your help. Moreover, now that you have Natsuo-jiichan's eye, it becomes a little bit your duty as well." he said with a longing smile on his face, but he was satisfied with this conclusion. Wahei would be able to fulfill Natuo and Kazuhira's dream and become an excellent medic one day, and the Byakugan would help him with achieve that.

But before they could continue their conversation, the lab started a self-destruction sequence and they had to get out. Shigure gritted his teeth and activated his own Byakugan. "We should hurry back to the village. We are carrying the Byakugan, so we can't be out here for too long, it's too risky." he said, as he quickly scanned for the easier way out and guided Wahei through it quickly.

Once they were out and far from the lab, Shigure turned to Wahei. "Shinsuke will help us with that, but you will have to do some of the work yourself. We need to have this on you already before anybody else catches wind of what happened, so it would be to late to even discuss the fate of Natsuo's Byakugan." he knew his father would be opposed to that, but once Wahei had it in his eyes, as long as he was affiliated to the Hidden Leaf Village, there would be very little he could actually do about it.

It was a bit of a gamble, yes, but he was pretty sure it was going to work out. Once they were back at the village, the two of them were quite tired, they didn't take their time to rest, but there was even more work to be done. Shigure bid them farewell, as he had no way to contribute to the quick surgery they were about to perform. Moreover, it would be better for him to get home soon, he had been out all night and the dawn had finally come.

Next time they would see each other, Wahei would have a Byakugan in one of his eye sockets.

C-Rank Mission
Implanted Byakugan Sidequest [End]
[]
[367 words]
Open your Heart and you shall See [C-Rank]Nov 22, 2021 13:03:44 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"With great power comes great responsibility" - Ben Parker, Marvel Universe.

Legacy - Part II. (Finale)

Wahei nodded when Shigure warn him about the lab. Afterwards, they went straight to Konoha. Even Wahei knew about the risks of walking around with such precious content. He also knew the risks of having it inside of Konoha, since the leaders of clã Hyuga woudn't be pleased to have someone like him using their precious skill.

- Hai! Let's go, Boss! - he took a very deep breath. His sight get that serious expression and finally he nodded. It was time to go. And this time, no extra time to rest or cry about their personal problems and feelings. The next task on the mission would be to find Shinsuke.

- Well. You guys didn't think I would let you entering the village with such precious thing by your own, right? I mean, you kids lost credits with me after being spotted on the lab. - a man with a mask was waiting for them in the outskirts of the village. The voice was familiar and not long after provoking the two of them, Shinsuke reveald himself.

Along with him, there was a few other masked ninjas. But they remained in silence. The man throw a scroll to Shigure. - Now you go straight to the mission and deliver this scroll as a report. Be sure that you memorize the content, albeit I'd expect no one to ask questions. - that was the scapegoat mission that'd justify his absence - Wahei-kun, get you 'thing' and come with me. Say bye-bye to your friend. You won't see him for a while - that acid and/or sarcastic tone that both Wahei and Kazuhira used to express in moments like this.

Bye-bye, Boss! I'll see you soon. - Hopefully? - Wahei smiled to Shigure. It wasn't a farewell tho. The air was tense... but there wasn't much they could do now. They had to put an end on it. But every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Right?

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Dynamic Duo!
[ ]
[328 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Nov 22, 2021 13:06:38 GMT -5