Where Lightning Strikes | Training

compose a reply
Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingDec 3, 2021 14:26:54 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Step aside, don't make this any harder than it has to be.
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

DO NOT MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS

Today was a day to train in solitude for Daisuke. The last week, since his return to Kumogakure from the field country, Kaede had been pushing him to practice with Natural chakra. It was an incredibly burdensome and tiring training process and had it not been for the necklace he trained with, there was a very good chance that Daisuke could have died had he not been careful.

Training with the mysterious new energy was incredibly tricky business, and although his body was able to hold on to it, overuse of the energy, or gathering too much at one time could have resulted in him turning to stone. Even using the necklace to prevent such a thing, the energy wore on the apprentice’s body like nothing he had ever felt before, despite the three years of training dedicated to preparing his body to use it.

Thankfully, though, Daisuke was allowed the day to recover, which of course meant more training.

Kota rested his head over his paws, dozing on and off, enjoying the shade from the tree he rested under, all the while Daisuke built up a sweat while he worked on his more regular training routine. He’d already done his run early in the morning, and now it was time for some combat practice. His weapon of choice being a staff, Daisuke had brought out a training dummy to practice the forms he was taught in his younger years, sending the thwacking of hardwood on wood echoing through the forest.

"Kaede said you need to rest, Daisuke.

Kota mumbled from his position, not even lifting his head as he spoke.

"How am I supposed to get better, be better, if I don’t keep practicing, Kota? I’ll never be good enough to use natural chakra if I don’t keep a routine.

The wolf finally raised his head, turning his attention to the young sage with a sigh.

"I can’t control it yet, either. Using Natural chakra has a lot more to do with the mind than it does the body, if Kaede and Don’yokuna have taught us anything, you’re going to overexert yourself and you’ll never be able to control it if your body is exhausted before you even start.

Daisuke ignored the wolf’s response, continuing through the motions, trying to clear his mind as best he could.

FOR THE BEAST IN ME IS BUT SLEEPING

| Training 1/12

Temp By: A

last edit by Kojima Daisuke on Mar 29, 2022 15:17:13 GMT -5
Matt has written 205 posts
Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingDec 4, 2021 2:13:58 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 35 years old birthday 11/20 rank Jōnin occupation Council Member
[attr="class","dilyrics2"]Shinobi May Keep Secrets ButLoyalty
[attr="class","dilyric2"]Is It's Own Reward
[attr="class","dibody2"]

Life had always taken strange turns with him. Whatever happiness he had was often short lived, intense yes, but short lived nonetheless. Miyaki had gone missing again, her disappearance in a mission and this time he feared this would permanently. As he stared unto the mountains and kept his silence being only greeted by the wind that crashed against the naked stone and the snow capped peaks. Yet there was no time for mopping, no time to sit down and remain idle while the village carried on. He had to carry one as well, keeping his body going and repressing the doubt of his mind. It was the only way to act, the only exist for him right now. To move forward.

Hayato carried on as he made his way to the training area, dodging the few scant people that were leaving the training area. Unsure of what even train today, what to even do. He supposed that he could try to make sure his accuracy was as sharp as it used to be. Perhaps he could start even with some physical preparation this time, at the very least getting some physical activation so the exertion could be useful. As his mind continued pondering on and as he would stumble into the training ground, finding someone else and a rather large wolf with him. He supposed that he had several options, he could simply train here, but he didn't want to disturb who appeared to be a young man and he guessed was a summon.

"I am sorry." The ANBU said in a whisper. "I thought no one would be here." He explained before reaching to scratch his chin, finding scraps of rough beard that he had allowed to grow, looking rather unkempt. "I shall leave you be, I apologize for the disruption." He said and began to turn away, shoulders hunched, looking down and moving head to find a place in which he could just have a moment to himself.

[attr="class","ditags2"]word count notes if you want
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody2 b]color:#583a3e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2 span]color:#583a3e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Harukei has written 227 posts
Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingMar 18, 2022 13:50:29 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

Sweat dripped from his brow as Daisuke whipped around to see where the voice had come from, and was a bit surprised when he came confronted with a man he felt he recognized. The voice caused Kota to stir as well, his ears pinning back, fur on his neck rustled, snarling as he rose to his feet. Raised and tightened fists soon relaxed and fell to the sage’s side, his eyebrow raising slightly before the man apologized for his intrusion on Daisuke’s training. Kota would soon relax as well, mirroring Daisuke’s reaction.

"Wait a minute,” The chunin said, take a step forward. "I didn’t hear you coming. You must be a trained shinobi as well. It’s one thing to sneak up on me when I’m distracted, but sneaking up on Kota is another.” Daisuke stated, gesturing over to his wolfen companion with his thumb. "Some guard dog you are.” He said with a chuckle.

Kota let out a small growl, his attention turning to Daisuke. "Call me a dog again.” The wolf challenged.

"Oh relax, tough guy.” Daisuke would then turn his attention once more on the familiar newcomer. "You look familiar though… Do I know you from somewhere?

Daisuke would pause, taking another few steps forward as he began to size up his assumed fellow shinobi. His eyes traced up and down as his hands moved to rest in his pockets.

"You came here to train, yeah?” The sage started. "Well, that would make two of us. Having a training partner always feels better than not, right? Why not a little spar, hm?

| Training 2/12

last edit by Kojima Daisuke on Mar 29, 2022 15:17:24 GMT -5
Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingMar 23, 2022 22:51:57 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
"No." He replied quickly to the question. In truth he hadn't had much contact with anyone since Miyaki had seemingly vanished in the high winds of the peaks that surrounded their village. But he couldn't say that he had interacted with anyone as young as he was. His circle friends was, well it was that, non-existent. He only had superiors and subordinates and a mission that didn't had an end in sight but the possibility of death by the sword or decrepitude or both if time conspired to see him outstripped of the skills he had spend so long in cultivating. "You wouldn't know me." He added a quite tone. Why would him? He had been a skilled assassin and that seemed enough for him. No glory to be had, no recognition, nothing but the satisfaction of a job well done.

"Wouldn't that make three of us?" He said with a terse but gentle correction. "Or is the wolf not taking part of your training?" He added, looking at the wolf with cold blue eyes, acknowledging the animal where his summoner had snubbed him, not even phased that an animal such as that could even speak. He looked at the young man again and nodded finally. "But yes, I'm here to train. I..." He trailed looking to the soil as his face became more somber. "Needed to shake off the rust."

It was an euphemism of course. He needed to stop thinking about anything relating with his wife, whom he didn't know whether she was alive or not and if she was, he could not fathom whether she remained loyal to the village or had become traitor. Bitterness settled in his mind before raising his sight towards the younger man. "I accept, how shall I call you then?" Hayato asked, before placing a hand on his chest and giving his new acquaintance the courtesy of granting him his name/ "My name is Hayato."

[attr="class","ditags2"]323  @tag notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingMar 29, 2022 11:25:16 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

Daisuke raised his brow, though his typical smug smirk still rested across his expression. "Well Kota?” The sage said, turning his head to his wolfen companion. "Why don’t we try some of that bonded pair teamwork that Kaede and Renji are always preaching.

The wolf grinned as he turned his attention to Daisuke and back to the man who introduced himself as Hayato. "It is an honor and a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Master Hayato. Daisuke and I are always pleased to find new training partners loyal to Kumogakure. Comradery between shinobi helps to strengthen the village, after all.

It was clear by the way he spoke and in his mannerisms that Kota was the much more respectful and reserved of the two. Daisuke himself was always a bit more unhinged, pushing authority, but it was in his nature to test those around him and assert himself. That was not to say he didn’t know and respect his place once he was put there, however, but the young chunin would always try to raise his position on the natural pecking order.

Daisuke’s eyes narrowed as the large wolf took his place at his side. "Good way to put it, bud.” The sage said nonchalantly. "Kojima Daisuke,” he said, crossing his arms across his chest, tilting his head to his companion. "And this is Kota.

After the brief introduction, Daisuke would begin balling his toes, scratching them against the dirt to affirm his footing at the same time as he rolled his neck and shoulders to loosen his already fatigued muscles. "Hope you’re ready Hayato. Let’s see what you got.” Daisuke’s brow tightened, taking in one final deep breath, allowing the calmness of the void to set his concentration without letting another second pass by before he started his assault.

His focus was clear, just as he’d been taught, allowing everything around him to pass away as the breath escaped his lungs and his hands began to do their work. A quick flurry of hand seals before six compressed orbs of water assimilated around him. They spiraled around his body before Kota jumped back, firing a ball of lightning with great speed towards Hayato. Like a finely tuned machine, Daisuke would throw a single orb of water just before the lightning ball, causing the two to collide mid air, headed straight for their sparring partner. With the water and electricity now combined, the blow would surely do substantial damage to any that the attack would manage to hit.

| Training 3/12

Jutsu Used:

Daisuke

NAME: Kami Hogo-sha [Divine Guardian]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Suiton
DESCRIPTION:
The user forms several tiny condensed balls of tiny, yet powerful, suiton spheres around them. They will float around the user until the shinobi decides to active them, leaving them as a passive technique until they are called upon. These little balls can be used for several things, and either activated one at a time or all at the same time. Ultimately, they serve as a second defense for the shinobi as they are prepared to be used any moment and already created so that there is no further preparation needed. These spheres can be used to deflect incoming attacks, used as a water source for the shinobi later on, or be charged toward an opponent as a high-speed ball.

Kota

NAME: Raiton: Kaminaridama [Lightning Release: Thunder Shot]
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
A simple technique based almost entirely on the Suiton: Teppōdama, the user focuses chakra into their gullet before firing a sizable ball of electricity which travels for about 30 meters before exploding. When it reaches its max range or hits a solid target the ball of electricity will explode in a 3 meter concussive blast, as well as electrocuting anything nearby.

last edit by Kojima Daisuke on Mar 29, 2022 15:17:37 GMT -5
Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingApr 21, 2022 1:19:57 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]

["Ready." Hayato replied. He assumed his stance, bending his knees, leaning forward, fingers extended. Icy blue eyes would look between the wolf and the boy as he made quick analysis of them. Experience with ninken told him that the wolf would already have his scent and the boy would likely be the same. Evasion with the usual tricks of ANBU seemed to be an impossibility. He would need to confront them directly or at the very least isolate them to fight one-on-one. The odds themselves weren't exactly in his favor, but if he was to return to his old self, then he would do so by facing a challenge. He drew a quick breath and soon as he did, the battle commenced.

No protocol for a spar. No sign of confrontation that meant they would begin. They just did. He saw hand signs flicker, energy ionizing around the wolf as the air boiled, orbs of water appear around the boy. He jumped back, face becoming a mask of unmovable solemnity, eyes darting between them as he deciphered what they were about to do. Fingers coming together as they began to string a quick series of seals and he felt the chakra within himself flare, his lungs filling with air as he inhaled the cold air of the mountain, the chakra mixing in as seconds passed between his jump and the waving of his seals.

As the chakra of his opponents combined into an attack that would spell hurt, he exhaled. His breathe becoming more visible, taking form of a sphere that flew towards the combined onslaught. As both forces collided a bang was heard, wind neutralizing lightning and classing as water, forming a maelstrom as energies collides cancelling the first attack from his opponents. That would buy him time, enough to mount a stratagem of his own. Hands would come together and chakra materialized as a puff of white smoke revealed a doppelganger, as both awaited for the wolf and the boy to make their move.
[attr="class","ditags2"]word count @koijimadaisuke notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Fūton: Shinkū Taigyoku [Wind Release: Great Vacuum Sphere]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
ELEMENT: Fūton
DESCRIPTION:
This technique is an advanced version of the Vacuum Sphere technique. Whereas the Vacuum Sphere technique is designed to cause controlled damage in a restricted attack pattern, Vacuum Great Sphere is a linear, head long attack. The Shinobi will take a deep breath while forming the Tiger hand seal, simultaneously infusing their Fūton chakras into the air and kneading them together. At the formation of the Dog hand seal, the chakras woven together very tightly to form one, dense mass. Upon exhaling, the chakras are released in the form of an air tight sphere the size of a wrecking ball. The sphere is astonishingly fast and carries high piercing potential, being able to rip through most any material with momentum to spare. If the sphere meets a force that it can't pierce, a secondary attack will occur as the sphere will naturally explode, releasing all of the potential energy within the "vacuum" in the form of a powerful explosion with unmatched concussive force.

NAME: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
The Kage Bunshin technique evenly distributes your chakra between one or more clones with form and substance.

The clones created by this technique are able to utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows, has all of their special abilities, as well as their kekkei genkai. Typically a clone's equipment doesn't retain any special abilities and the clone itself is dispersed when hit with a single attack or incapacitated, although the clone can also choose to disperse itself or be dispersed by the user.

When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained along with it's remaining chakra are passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingApr 22, 2022 15:21:49 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

It seemed Hayato was quick to respond as the orb of both water and lightning shot toward him. A flicker of his hands, with a strong exhale, and a sphere of air would clash with their attack. The energies radiated between them, erupting with a shockwave as they seemed to neutralize one another.

A smirk would come across Daisuke’s face when Hayato would soon follow by creating a clone. Near impossible to tell which was which after the small puff of smoke, but it certainly would put the two on much more equal footing by evening the numbers. It was smart. Clearly, the two were dealing with more than just the average shinobi with their little display.

It was at times like this that Daisuke wished he and Kota could take advantage of the amphibian technique like Kaede and Renji often did. But, at least the two of them could create their own one-on-one scenarios if they could create a little separation.

"You take the left, I’ll take the right.” Daisuke said quickly before Kota offered a small nod to acknowledge the plan.

Instinctively, both of them quickly darted off in opposite directions with hopes that their respective opponents would follow suit. To be sure, though, Kota would create and fire another orb of lightning toward the left Hayato, while Daisuke would flicker his hands, creating 10 small shuriken of water, each of which would rapidly fly toward the Hayato on the right.

| Training 4/12

Jutsu Used:

Daisuke

NAME: Suiton: Mizu Shuriken [Water Release: Water Shuriken]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
ELEMENT: Suiton
DESCRIPTION:
The user creates 10 shuriken, made out of water, and throws them at the opponent in quick succession. These water shuriken have the same cutting power as their metal counterparts.

Kota

NAME: Raiton: Kaminaridama [Lightning Release: Thunder Shot]
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
A simple technique based almost entirely on the Suiton: Teppōdama, the user focuses chakra into their gullet before firing a sizable ball of electricity which travels for about 30 meters before exploding. When it reaches its max range or hits a solid target the ball of electricity will explode in a 3 meter concussive blast, as well as electrocuting anything nearby.

Where Lightning Strikes | TrainingJul 13, 2022 23:16:17 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
A semblance of pride surged through his mind as the metaphorical rust he had accrued with his lack of training had been to shake off. At the very least he had managed to arrest the attack and create a clone to balance out the odds. Still, he would be remiss to try to attack them head on. If he knew anything, he imagined that they would be able to fight effectively as an unit. They showed it, despite their differences when he had stumbled into them. Perhaps he could exploit that if he times it correctly. As he saw both of them advancing and using techniques of their own he nodded to the clone.

Both Hayato's would duck of out the way of the attacks, rather than confront them, deciding that the best course of action was the keep their distance. The real Hayato would weave a set of hand signs, allowing his chakra to be molded within himself. He drew in a breath, sensing how his chakra burned and mixed with the oxygen in his lungs. A plume of hot smoke flew towards the wolf and the boy, in an attempt to hide the scent of Kazuto and his clone. Billowing plumes clouds that shone a sinister red would met the sage-in-training and wolf.

Hoping that the smoke would be a ruse that they had bought, the clone began to make hand seals of his own in preparation whilst the real shinobi considered all the possibilities that Daisuke and his wolf companion had and how they would attack. In truth, they didn't know what technique he had used, if he was lucky he would imagine that both would move in to attack towards him. He awaited, trying to hear from the movement of foot over the rough surface of the training yard, waiting for them to fall into his trap.

[attr="class","ditags2"]word count notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]

Jutsu used:

Name: Katon: Haisekishō [Fire Release: Ash Pile Burning]
Chakra Usage: Medium
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: Katon
HANDSEALS: 6
Description:The user spews a stream of chakra infused gun-powder from their mouth, which surrounds the region. As the gunpowder is composed entirely of ash, it stays in the air around the victim like a cloud, which can be used like a smokescreen. After surrounding the enemy with the ash, the user can ignite it with a flint placed on their teeth beforehand to create a spark, resulting in a violent explosion, burning the enemy. However, this technique requires keen senses to read the air currents, the insight to read the movements of the enemy, the tactical experience to not also enfold one's allies in the flames, and careful attention for the timing of the ignition.

1 Jutsu prepared.