Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]After having worked on her precision with her mentor today was working on another skill, one that was rather rudimentary: the art of water walking. Her and Raimaa had agreed to find a spot to practice but with Yukigakure being the way that it is there was no body of water one could find that wasn’t a frozen over.
[break] [break]
But luckily the youth was able to find a body of water near the edge of the ocean being accompanied by Raimaa along the way. It was particularly frigid the snow was falling somewhat heavily and the young Muramatsa was particularly bundled up a white turtleneck beneath her large purple parka and a thermal gi underneath that keeps her nice and warm as she exits out the back of a wooden carriage. "Thank you for agreeing to come out with me I’m certain you must be busy with your assignments.”
[break] [break]
As she approached the water front the girl looked out and noticed large chunks of ice floating along it as small layers of ice skim the surface "You said we were learning the water walking technique correct?” she’d feel the stiff breeze of ice coming across her face and would raise her hood over her head to keep herself warm. "Where do we begin Ma'm." the youth would say looking up at her teacher as the wind blew at her jacket.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]214 WORDS / TAGGED

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 4, 2021 20:24:40 GMT -5
Meep has written 347 posts
Thin IceDec 7, 2021 6:31:22 GMT -5
raimaa futago
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 13/10 rank Jounin occupation Being Awesome
There was no faffing about looking for a body of water not frozen over. The first one that they came across of sufficient length was one that Raimaa stopped Jun in front of and drew her sword. Grasping it with her prosthetic and raising it above her head, she swung down, with a thunderous roar that echoed through the surroundings. A shockwave shattered the ice into splinters, creating a shortlived blizzard from the displaced snow, and giving them a lovely body of water to practice on.

"Take off your clothes" Raimaa then exclaimed. "Except the thermal Gi. I personally would have gone tree-climbing first, water walking second in this climate, but you are the one who is being trained. Have you ever gone swimming in frozen water before?"
Lilly has written 881 posts
Thin IceDec 7, 2021 10:37:10 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl arrived at the location she looked on as her instructor raised her blade using her prosthetic arm and slammed it down into the ground creating a tremendous blizzard which would cause the girl to raise her arms as a wind gust blew back and sent some of the snow flying in her direction. Afterwards however there was a large body of water made and the good looked on once again in awe as the water split and her teacher stood before her with an intimidating aura.
[break] [break]
She’d then look back and order her to take off her clothes. "My clothes!? But it’s freezing.” the girl would then remove her jacket unzipping it revealing a thick pair of white thermal undergarments that covered her from the neck down, only leaving small openings for her fingers. Accompanying that was a purple gi with a white trim and a dark belt.
[break] [break]
After setting it down in the snow the woman would remark that she should’ve started with tree climbing. "True but I figured this would be more of a challenge, mastering this should make tree climbing even easier. Thought no I haven’t been swimming in frozen water why do you ask?” the girl had wondered what the reason for the question.
[break] [break]
Surely she wasn’t insinuating they go swimming perhaps she was just going to warn her about how frigid the waters are as a motivator for her training. As she stood there the girl would release a small burst of hot air to warm her rapidly chilling body.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]238 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

NAME: Katon: Kagaribi [Fire Release: Campfire]
[break]
[break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
[break]
ELEMENT: Katon
[break]
DESCRIPTION:
[break] [break]
The user blows chakra-enhanced heated air over their bodies and the bodies of other people, allowing them to heat up slightly in colder climates. This obviously does not stave off cold-related illnesses like pneumonia.

last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 7, 2021 10:41:40 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 7, 2021 11:10:09 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"Heheheh" Raimaa would step behind the woman, and then give her a firm shove into the water. "Falling into cold water causes respitory shock" Raimaa explained, on standby in case she stared to drown, but otherwise just watching.

The sudden, violent cold can knock the breath out of you and cause you to start panicking. Then the chill sets in and it becomes harder to control your body. So you start flailing, and expending energy. But this does nothing but exhaust you and very quickly you start to freeze up, literally. Drowning follows soon after.

Icy water is dangerous beyond just the cold air. The fact that you have never been swimming in frozen water means that practicing water-walking over it is a dangerous endeavour that could end your career as a Shinobi if you aren't careful"
Thin IceDec 7, 2021 11:49:20 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl stood looking to her instructor she’d be pushed forward and would feel a sudden shock as her body was submerged into the water. The cold would flood her system with an unrelenting chill and as she flailed about the girl would attempt to grab onto something to keep herself afloat.
[break] [break]
"Agggh!” as she flailed about in the water she’d attempt to try and expel heat from her mouth to stay warm but all she did was waste chakra. "Miss Rai–.” she’d slip under the water briefly but after a moment she’d pull herself back up to the surface able to keep herself afloat shivering in the water after taking a deep breath. The chill was still apparent and thankfully since she knew how to swim and the water was open it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.
[break] [break]
But even so she definitely felt the sting of the water as she floated in the water her body feeling on the verge of frost bite, her limbs to cold and numb to move properly, as she attempted to swim forward. "I..I…u-u-underst-st–stand, I n-need to b-be p-perfect so I d-d-on’t fail, now g-get me out.” once she was at the surface of the snow she’d try and warm herself up again looking to her teacher.
[break] [break]
"Is this how you were taught, when you were a genin?” she’d say eventually getting up to her knees and looking over at her teacher as her body slowly warmed up.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]227 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 7, 2021 12:03:23 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 7, 2021 12:13:47 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Stepping up to pull her out of the water, Raimaa would then drop the backpack she was wearing and pull out a heavy towel, which she bundled Jun into, and offered her a thermos of hot soup.

"I got you to take your clothes off so that they wouldn't get wet. With them on, they would have got soaked and weighed you down even further, like swimming with training weights on" Raimaa explained, sitting down next to her and shaking her head.

"Though, no. It didn't get this cold even in the middle of winter, back in Kusagakure. So we didn't need warning that a single slip could kill you if you weren't prepared for the sudden shock of the cold"
Thin IceDec 7, 2021 13:10:38 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl sat in the snow she’d be bundled into a small towel and be offered which she would rest on and be offered a thermos of hot soup. Seeing the hot thermos she’d look to her instructor and her stomach would rumble. "Is this why you told me not to eat this morning, hold a moment did you plan this?” she’d say with a smile as she eagerly opened up the thermos and would slowly slurp up the soup.
[break] [break]
As she consumed the girl would note something. "Kusagakure…? Is that where you’re from? How did you end up here?” the girl would take another swing of her thermos of food. "But I remember from my studies that Kusagakure and our village are enemies?” this fascinated the young girl but also made her intrigued truly her sensei was someone of mystery.
[break] [break]
"You must've been some sort of spy I assume?” she’d say with that usual giddy enthusiasm, these probably weren’t questions she should be asking her but she was absolutely entranced by the prospect of such knowledge. Just what could a Kusagakure shinobi be doing in Yukigakure and why was she allowed so much freedom?
[break] [break]
The girl would take another swig of her soup as she awaited an answer to her question her body slowly warming up as she consumed more of the tasty soup it was packed with flavor and was a delight to her senses, especially after being pushed into a frozen lake.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]227 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 7, 2021 13:11:57 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 9, 2021 6:27:39 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"No, it's because practicing on a full stomach is uncomfortable" Raimaa replied, before flopping down into the snow and laying there for a moment. Fucking Kusagakure. Not a tale to tell a child.

"Nobody is anyone's enemy. There is a lot of posturing and growling, but no actual moves yet. As for why I am here, that is a tale far too depressing for an innocent maiden" Raimaa would reply, shifting up a little to prop her head with her fist on her cheek. And then quickly changing arms because the prosthetic was really cold and uncomfortable.

"Anyway, finish drying offand then get your clothes back on. Not often I tell a woman to put her clothes on so savour that. Then we will go tree climbing"
Thin IceDec 9, 2021 12:17:19 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]
As she sat with her thermos in hand,
finishing off the well made soup the woman seemed not to want to tell her about the story which made sense she was only a genin, she was dying to know but somethings are best left unsaid perhaps at her current level at least. "I understand, but I’d still like to know someday.” she’d say looking up at the older woman slightly dejected.
[break] [break]
She also stated that no one was anyone’s enemy that there was a lot of posturing but no actual moves made yet she could only wonder how Miss Raimaa must’ve felt potentially going up against some of her own friends or family members should Kusagakure go to war it was interesting to think about. But the topic was quickly pushed aside. She was told to finish eating and then afterwards they were going to learn water walking she seemed a bit upset but her teacher probably did make the most sense.
[break] [break]
After she finished eating the girl would make an odd remark that Jun herself didn’t fully understand, which would prompt her to raise a brow and chuckle. "Whatever you say Miss Raimaa." she'd didn't fully get it but thought it was funny none the less. Afterwards she'd adjust her jacket and hand her instructor her things handing them off and would look to her instructor. "Ready when you are Miss Raimaa!”

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]231 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 9, 2021 12:53:39 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 10, 2021 6:29:56 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"I'll tell you after you and I get married" Raimaa said with all seriousness, taking her to one of the nearby trees. Cold though the place was, nature was a sturdy bitch and could grow anywhere it damn well pleased.

"Now, for Tree-climbing, it is good to get a feel for your chakra. Genin find it hard because there isn't a lot of it, but if you focus you can feel it swimming inside you. You take that feeling and try to direct it down to your feet. Once you feel you've got it, get a Kunai and run up the tree. Don't overshoot or you'll fall and I am not gentlewomanly enough to catch you. If you feel you can't go any further, mark that point with your Kunai, and then come down.

The mark isn't really needed, it is just motivation to beat yourself"
Thin IceDec 10, 2021 11:01:47 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the two waded their way through the snow Raimaa would make a very bold remark which would cause the young tactician to do a double take. "M-married? Miss Raimaa I need to get to know you first!?” she’d say taken completely aback. Once the two had arrived in the birch covered forest the girl was given minimal instruction on what she would need to do in order to make her way up the tree and was also told that miss Raimaa couldn’t help her if she fell.
[break] [break]
The tree looked rather large and tall and it was clear that she was going to be in for a harsh fall if she lost her footing especially considering that it was more than likely a but slippery from the moisture of the snow that could’ve accumulated form the harsh environment. She looked down at her feet. "So channel chakra to my feet and then use that to make my way up the tree?” she’d say looking to her mentor.
[break] [break]
The girl had large reserves so controlling her chakra in such a manner was innately difficult she’d never seen it done before so when she tried she wasn’t how it worked. "Miss Raimaa, if possible can you give me a demonstration? I’ve want to make sure I know how I’m doing it correctly.” she’d say looking to the older woman. Jun was someone who needed to be well informed before performing any task and felt a visual example would give her a better understanding.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]228 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Thin IceDec 11, 2021 8:08:26 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"And you don't need to get to know me to pry into my past? Seems strange, don't you think?" Raimaa commented, going over to the tree. And then once they were there, the woman shuffled about a little and then asked Raimaa for a demonstration. For channeling your chakra.

"...You've got a Dojutsu that can see Chakra? What are you doing throwing knives then?" she asked in a surprised tone. "You should be learning some flowly-" she'd wave her arms about randomly to emphasize "-Martial style that capitalizes on that, no? You keep pushing on things that don't suit you and you'll never live up to your potential. Be one of the said thirty year old Chunnin guys"
Thin IceDec 11, 2021 10:28:11 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The older woman would chastise her for prying into her private matters. "My apologies Miss Raimaa." she'd say repenting for being nosy. However afterwards the girl would also recieve a rather biting remark asking if she had a dojutsu that could see chakra, and was somewhat taken aback. "There are dojutsu with the ability to see chakra? I wasn't aware.” the girl would think placing a hand under her chin with a confused but intrigued look on her face. "And while mine does have an offensive capability there was a reason I was practicing my precision earlier." she'd look over at the tree however and lock her eyes on it.
[break] [break]
And after funneling chakra into her eyes they would turn from amber to white the dojutsu resembling a black tilde with two small dots one on the top right and the bottom left. From there she would craft the kanji for a seal within her pupils afterwards firing it off in the form of two small translucent orbs and leave the Kanji for "GREAT WEIGHT." burned into the tree and it might not look it but that tree was now considerably more heavier than it was before, once she was done the girls eyes would revert to their normal amber color.
[break] [break]
"Either way I wasn’t asking for a demonstration on chakra control I wanted a demonstration on the technique itself since I've never seen it before. But I suppose if it’s as rudimentary as you made it sound, I’ll simply give it a try and you can critique my technique.” with that the youth would funnel chakra into her feet not certain if she had the proper amount and would attempt to make her way up the tree taking about 5 steps before over funneling the amount of chakra she had in her feet before realizing her folly and removing a kunai from her back pouch and slicing it into the tree in order to keep a marker of where she landed.
[break] [break]
As she landed the girl would trip upon hitting the ground and landing in the snow rather unceremoniously. "What happened one moment I was headed up the tree and the next my footing slipped.” she’d get up and dust her self off wanting to see if her instructor had any comments to add.
[break] [break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]222 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 11, 2021 10:28:30 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 13, 2021 6:34:37 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Hmm. Even more genjutsu-like bullshit. She could hear the creaking of the tree under it's new weight and knew it was going to collapse soon. Shit like this in the world was why she was so disillusioned with it all. Why did sword techniques even exist when people could just shoot shit out of their eyes and distort the rules of physics?

"You are over thinking it" Raimaa replied after the woman slipped and fell off the tree. "Doing it the normal way, you need to keep momentum" Raimaa continued, taking a deep breath and rushing towards the tree, running part way up the thing and then flipping off to one of the arms.

"But, using chakra to climb the tree, you don't need to worry about any of that. You aren't climbing a tree, you are walking down a road that just happens to go up rather than forward. You only need to keep the chakra flow steady, and...well I hope by now you have got 'walking' down so you don't have to focus on it"
Thin IceDec 13, 2021 10:37:18 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The youth would look to her instructor as she stood to her feet who would give her a demonstration and run up the tree effortlessly before leaping off and landing. "I understand Miss Raimaa.” the girl would get the last remnants of snow off of her body. And then keep her eyes on the tree, she'd take her time to run up the large piece of timber doing her best to keep her chakra properly channeled in her feet making a slight bit further up the tree taking a few extra steps from before.
[break] [break]
She’d leap off the tree and would slash the end of it having gained a few extra inches, she was starting to understand it but it certainly wasn’t muscle memory at least not yet anyway. "I see, so its simply a matter of controlling the chakra in one’s feet seems like I mostly need to repeat the process until I’ve conditioned my body to understand the process.” she’d look back at her instructor.
[break] [break]
"I can see why you wanted me to attempt to learn this before water walking this allows me to build a more solid foundation for the technique and has less risk involved.” the youth would state. She’d take a quick breather before attempting the technique once more.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]213 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 13, 2021 10:38:00 GMT -5