Thin Ice

compose a reply
Thin IceDec 15, 2021 6:23:53 GMT -5
raimaa futago
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 13/10 rank Jounin occupation Being Awesome
"Who would have thought, it's accomplished how the instructor says it is accomplished" Raimaa replied drily. There was little more to teach now, just repetition till you could circumvent thought. A hundred times, a thousand times, ten thousand times, a hundred thousand times. Do until you can do even if you die.

"To start, you'll not have a great deal of Chakra, nor control. Even Genin with large supplies can not maintain chakra flow for long. But every day you work on it is a day it will grow, and then grow some more. Eventually you'll have a good supply of the stuff to do your Ninja stuff with"
Lilly has written 881 posts
Thin IceDec 15, 2021 9:55:26 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the older woman told her that listening to her instructor was the best course of action the girl would look towards the tree and give it another go making her way up the tree this time having a bit more fluid control having a much better grasp of the technique as she made her way up the tree making a good six inch trek heading about a quarter of the way up the tree.
[break] [break]
"Yes!" The girl would say with a smile as she sliced into the side of the tree. "I think I'm starting to have a better understanding of it Miss Raimaa!" Her Chakra control was getting better and better despite her reserves, but she wasn't out of the woods just yet she still needed to keep at it.
[break] [break]
Upon landing however she'd look to her instructor. "I think I'm nearly there Miss Raimaa this seems far more simplistic than one would think, but the technique is good for honing Chakra control." The youth would say analyzing the technique, as she said this her instructor would also have some more words of wisdom to add. "I see...I understand I'll keep working at it."
[break] [break]
With the youth understanding her teachers words of continuing to practice she'd take another attempt slowly getting better and better with each try the carvings grow by a few inches until she was about a quarter of the way up the tree.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]223 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Meep has written 347 posts
Thin IceDec 18, 2021 7:58:14 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"Also, take care" Raimaa commented as this woman's mad dash would go on and on without a second's break. "You might not feel it but you are using Chakra to climb this tree. So if you don't keep an eye on your expenditure, you'll find yourself out of it half way up the tree, and that is always an awkward moment. Even extended supply of chakra is not a lot when you are this new to the use of it"

Raimaa would watch, and play with a strange spiral kunai while watching, flourishing it around her prosthetic with almost unconscious skill.
Thin IceDec 18, 2021 14:51:00 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl finished her climb she’d slash the end of the tree and land on the ground once again, wiping the sweat from her brow. "Phew…” she’d drop down onto the ground on her butt. "I see what you mean this is rather exhaustive if you put too much into it.” she almost wanted to pull down the zipper on her jacket but knew that after a moment the cold would eventually get to her and opted not to lounge around for too long. "Miss Raimaa? What do you do in your free time?” the girl would ask as she lounged around.
[break] [break]
"So tell me Miss Raimaa When you aren’t training do you have any hobbies?” The snow would begin to fall once again a light drizzle landing atop the girls snowy white head, she’d keep her gloved fingers dug into the snow tilting her head back towards her teacher. "Personally I like to draw, it’s a pastime amongst my clan.”
[break] [break]
Jun had spent a good amount of time around her instructor and while the two did have an obvious teacher student relationship, Jun considered Raimaa more of an older colleague and wanted to try and become a steady friend to her, so she figured what better way to break the ice then with a simple question.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]223 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 18, 2021 15:03:27 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 19, 2021 6:15:11 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"In my free time, I do stuff that I want to do at that moment. Which is why the time is free. And training is a hobby. It's a lot of fun to sharpen your sword for the day and ensure that you are forever at your peak. Other than that, I like to cook. Physically focused Shinobi like myself require quite the specific diet to keep ourselves at peak capacity, and to make sure you don't go face-stabbingly insane from the bland stuff they try to feed you elsewhere, cook for yourself"

Raimaa would nod softly. She didn't percieve a teacher student relationship, just lending her voice to a member of the younger generation.
Thin IceDec 19, 2021 11:24:26 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl would note her words perhaps that was true training is a hobby and seeing as Jun turned her training of Calligraphy into her hobby perhaps the same could be said of training her techniques. The girl would take that to heart but then as she mentioned that she liked to cool that also piqued the girls interest. "Oh do you? I do as well having lived such a nomadic life before arriving here my father taught me to cook, when I’d go out hunting with my mother, did you make that soup this morning yourself?” the girl would stand up to her feet.
[break] [break]
"It was quite good, I’d be delighted to try more of your cooking!” After that the girl would make her way towards the tree and climb up it but would slow her pace as she made her way forward in an effort to gain further distance. She didn’t need to be fast, she just needed to have control. "Alright, I think after this next attempt I’ll try making it all the way up. I've got a plan, but let me see how far I can go on this last sprint.”
[break] [break]
The girl would state taking a long look at the tree and dashing towards it making it about halfway up the tree before leaping off and landing on the ground. "Alright so that’s the extent of my ability.” she’d say. "If I’m going to make it up the girth of the tree I’ll need to take advantage of my reserves and spread it out a bit more correct Miss Raimaa?” the girl would ask making sure she had the right idea.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]273 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 19, 2021 11:25:27 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 23, 2021 8:03:15 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
The woman chittered a lot. Somewhere between endearing and irritating, Raimaa decided. But she wasn't rude enough to voice those thoughts out loud.

"Mmm. It was needed to warm you up so I made it out of stock from last night. Nothing special. I got this cool soup I make on Boxing Day, where you blend all the left over foods and lightly spice it. Looks like puke, tastes like heaven" Raimaa would reply, just watching the woman.

If she really did manage to get to the top of the tree only five minutes after being taught, then she was a genius Shuka needed to be told about immediately, and would probably be a Jounin by the time she was twenty. But, it turned out just to be hubris, and she didn't get near the top.

"Length. Girth is going around, length is going up. As for how you do it, that's for you to decide. I don't know your capabilities or reserves"
Thin IceDec 23, 2021 21:05:35 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the woman would speak she’d correct something that Jun said she was seemingly so focused on her thoughts that she misspoke. "Oh correct…I’m not sure how I switched those two up.” afterwards the girl would stare down the tree. "Perhaps I ought to stop asking questions and simply make my move.” the girl would think having a tad bit more confidence in herself. From there she’d make her way up the tree using her minimal physical prowess to make a short sprint up the tree getting about halfway towards her last objective.
[break] [break]
Until finally passing it from there she’d slow down her speed and go from a sprint to a jog and allowing her to cover more ground until she eventually made her way to the top of the tree and would spot a tree branch that she’d cautiously shimmy over towards. "Checkmate!” the girl would state looking down at her instructor with a wave.
[break] [break]
After a short moment, she’d cautiously make her way back down towards her teacher. "I think I’ve got the hang of it, but I think I want to work on it a bit more, feel free to take your leave if you need too.” the youth would remark with a smile. "Thank you again for all your help, Miss Raimaa!” with that the girl would start doing a few more reps up the tree in order to keep up the pace and make sure she had it mastered like the back of her hand.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]207 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 23, 2021 21:05:54 GMT -5
Thin IceDec 24, 2021 7:01:42 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
In one session, not even ten minutes long, she had gone from not even knowing about the art to being able to get to the top of the tree in one long run. Raimaa had never been all that good at chakra stuff, but even she knew that this woman was going to be an asset on par with a Jinchuriki from how good she was at using her chakra.

Sliding off the tree branch and landing gently on the snow, she'd look back at the woman.
"Stop messing about with swords and focus on your Ninjutsu. You are wasting your talents" Raimaa told her, before immediately taking off to the Castle to alert Shuka of this new super-genius in their midst. Top speed had Raimaa gone into the village in a few seconds, because now was not the time to mess around.
Thin IceDec 24, 2021 22:30:07 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With Miss Raimaa taking her leave the girl would continue her practice, despite the praise she received from her instructor. But after sometime would start to feel the wear and tear of her efforts from over exerting herself. "Agh…I think that’s enough for one day.” the girls legs would ache and she’d feel dizzy from constantly fighting gravity but felt accomplished that she was at least able to master this technique.
[break] [break]
Despite having figured it out she didn’t want to stop until she was certain it was perfect. She would hear Raimaa refer to her as having talent the girl despised that word to her there was no such thing.
Sure she grasped this technique easily but that was less talent and more quick thinking if she relied on talent she would only end up failing and so would do her best to keep at it she got it right once now she needed to nail it a thousand times in order for it to be perfect.
[break] [break]
As she made her way home and crawled into her bed she’d rest up taking solace in her days work, resting soundly in her home, ready to take on whatever challenge comes her way tomorrow.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]202 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 24, 2021 22:30:49 GMT -5