War of Change

compose a reply
War of ChangeDec 30, 2021 21:11:11 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

Taking a break from missions near every day and night, the Mikatakujira walked through out her home. She looked at the furniture she tossed about, the holes and cracks in the wall at the ground, still tainted with watery, Jiongu supplied tears. She made a cant of her head before crouching down near the stains. So, you can make tears... Since when can you? Moldy and black, Kuni grazed her hand on the ground. Wasurete, I swear to god I will kill you if we meet again. The girl mused as she closed her eyes, thinking back on that horrible day. The day her hearts were broken in two, the day her questionable humanity was broken.

She clicked her tongue and stood back up before going to walk out of her home, closing the broken door. Kunikunosaku shrugged before making her way out of the clan compound, ultimately out of the crowded streets of Takigakure, into the forest of Bonchi no Kuni. She stayed at a steady pace, she was not in a hurry, rather, she had some important things to say but it required her to steel her nerves. This information was of vital importance pertaining to her recent success. Like Ryū had stated to her earlier, she was playing with supposed forces beyond her understanding, beyond her place, but the Kunoichi was already far too deep in this, and she was determined to see it through.

From a familial love and from a potentially future Clan Head. She had the will of a warrior and the compassion of a leader and she'll be damned if she had to go so far beyond her casual reach to grab hold of the string of the destiny she had so meticulously weaved. Upon reaching the false village of ¿Takigakure?, the girl headed to the location she strongly believed to be the inn in which Ruto stayed at and without going any further than the desk. She spoke to the keeper, "Please get Mikatakujira Ruto for me... I have very important matters to discuss with him."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 759 posts
War of ChangeDec 31, 2021 4:17:08 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
The only cost not worth it is my own life.
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age birthday 1/26 rank occupation
Finding a place to stay had been of slight difficulty. Now that he was expected to go by his true name again, his reputation was slightly less favorable. The people of the village knew him as a traitor and one who had fled. Some did not want to keep him, giving him strange looks. Eventually he found an inn that would take him, though he was certain it was because the owners had contacted the guards about his presence and wanted to keep him there. The guards never came because they already knew of the situation regarding his return to the village, but still, there was a discomfort with him. 

It was enough to prevent him from leaving the room much. He still needed to journey out to obtain food and the like, but for the most part he spent his time inside the inn, quietly contemplating his future and working on his experimentation with the small set of equipment he had managed to take with him. At least being back here would give him a more consistent workflow even if sourcing samples was going to become more difficult. 

While he was in the midst of a small experiment of manipulation, an attendant of the inn arrived and knocked on his door. He answered and was told that his presence was requested. 

Ruto followed him out to the lobby and there he saw Kunikunosaku. 

"Hello," he greeted. "It's good to see you again so soon. You needed me?"
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 1, 2022 14:04:04 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The girl waited quite patiently for Ruto. The innkeeper sent someone to get the man and Kunikunosaku moved to the side so actual patrons can request the inns services. She crossed hers as she waited, leaning back on a wall as she looked idly around her. The furniture, the decorations, all of it made for a tranquil and warm atmosphere. The girl smiled, she appreciated the tranquility, but something felt off. Like something was missing but she couldn't put her finger on it. She wasn't too focused on it however, her attention was quickly broken by Ruto appearing and greeting her. She smiled widely as she moved away from leaning to stand with a correct posture.

"It's great to see you, Nii-Nii." Kuni stated while making a singular nod of her head. She looked around herself, almost as if she just forgot where she was prior to looking up at him. "Yeah, I need to go over some stuff with you before that day comes." The freshly minted Special Jōnin stated before motioning him to follow her. "We could have just stayed and chat there but I didn't want to risk any eavesdropping patrols since no one would really know you're with me at the moment. What I want to discuss is rather imperative for you to know."

Kuni led Ruto towards something of an old temple at the edge of the village, it was long abandoned and no one bothered to tear it down, it was an ideal locale for discussing private matters.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 4, 2022 2:56:40 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
"It's good to see you, too," he said. He looked around as well when she did. Their combined presence had drawn a little bit of attention from the patrons and innkeepers. Doctor Death was back in town. There was a time when his name was very widely known and many shinobi staying in this place had certainly heard of him or seen him before at the hospital or on the field. 

Kunikunosaku asked him to go elsewhere. It was a wise idea. Here in a public place like that, many people would be liable to listen in. If he was going to be presented in court, keeping his profile to a minimum and not making waves was going to be really important. He didn't want to give the public any reason to campaign for harsher punishment than would actually be delivered upon him. 

He followed after her readily, out to the outskirts away from prying eyes. A temple came into view and they were able to enter the old building. This was an enjoyable place. Private and old. He should look into the history. 

"Thank you for bringing me out here. Let me know what it is that I need to know."
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 4, 2022 12:58:29 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

At the old temple, Kunikunosaku nodded her head in acknowledgement when he thanked her. She wanted to share the same gratitude to him, however, she simply smiled. "Some of the information I'm about to relay may be already known, some may be completely new, some may be more upsetting, regardless, I do hope you take this information and act accordingly." The Mikatakujira stated placing her hands in one another as she looked around, assuring it is very clear to continue. Kuni moved to sit on her knees, watching Ruto and seeing if he'll do the same. She rubbed her eyes gently, allowing the black tendrils free, quite calm, movement across her body.

"First and foremost, your case is whether or not to allow you back in the village. If you are allowed back, I plan to open a case then and there regarding your accommodation adjustments. This is when I appeal to have the clan create a setup for you, being a legal order enacted by the Apprentice affects more than just my word alone. Another case we have to tack on is where to put you in terms of military rank and position. This will dictate whether your supervision is closely watched by a third party or by yours truly, the only reason I know of this is by reviewing documents I have gained the rank to access. All of these are circumstantial to the first case. It was agreed on prior that if you are allowed back, there is no discussion you'll be placed in this village. I hope the Yamakira do not harass you, I still don't know how Yosaiyama partnered with them but they are more erratic than in the past." The Kunoichi remained, seeming at ease with everything despite some, rather most, being completely out of her control.

"I have a bit more say in the inner workings due to my recent rank up, so that may be a more positive outlook on your future. Another detail yet accounted for is what capacity you have in terms of freedom and the duration of these restrictions. Known examples of these are sealing your chakra for a duration or in certain circumstances, sealing and unsealing you to succeed in your authorized duties. Please bring these up as, from a legal standpoint, if I do, it may be harsher on you. Do not forget, I am trying to get you the best possible outcome and we are not going against some mob or some legal battle over a noise complaint, we are pitting your survival and second chance of an enjoyable life against an anvil. There is already a chance he set everything up and is awaiting us to arrive. And due to him running the village, it is possible they may simply turn a blind eye. Even in that face, we need to discuss what you want, Ruto, and how we can try to fight for it." The Mikatakujira covered her eyes momentarily before looking back at the man. "I know, it seems really cut and dry and therefore deflating. I urge you not to give in. No contract is without loopholes, you know."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 7, 2022 1:15:42 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
When Kunikunosaku kneeled on the ground, he followed her lead and kneeled as well. If the information she was going to share had a possibility of being upsetting, maybe it was for the best. He was generally pretty good at restraining his emotions for a very long period of time before they became overwhelming, so chances were he would have a pretty neutral response to whatever it was. At least for now. Even if his response was inevitably going to be pessimistic. 

She went through the possible cases point by point. This was interesting - he wondered if she had been studying up on marshal law at all in preparation for this. He'd dealt with court proceedings on several occasions before. He was ready for this kind of thing, that much was certain. 

None of it really made him bat an eye - it was obvious that he would probably have a lot of question about his rank. It wouldn't shock him if he was kept as a civilian doctor for a while rather than being formally reinstated as a shinobi medic. The first thing that actually gave him pause was the idea of the chakra sealing. That would put a major wrench in the works for his plans and studies. 

...It was fine. He could do his research work even without chakra. Though the part of it that he found really fascinating would be put on pause for some time, maybe he could do it during his work hours if he sold it to the lord. 

"I'll bring it up in the proceedings. I can recommend that as a way of demonstrating my commitment to the village, that I would be alright with my chakra being sealed in my personal time and only have access to it while performing proper work duties." It was a reasonable restraint on someone who was, demonstrably, a flight risk. 

"I would understand if my position wasn't returned. But I'd be willing to volunteer work for the hospital and research facilities even if I wasn't accepted back as a shinobi." He enjoyed all the death and the possibility to test his experiments on the field, but he still cared more about medicine than military. 
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 8, 2022 12:25:16 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

As she spoke, Kunikunosaku watched with great interest on the expressions Ruto would or would not show. Analyzing him to record how exactly this meeting should play out and what would need to be catered and addressed to make this process proceed seamlessly as possible. As much as she loved Nii-Nii, she understands all too well of powers working above her. The intricacies she does not understand and the spark, the forces that play at will. It was a bittersweet dilemma how things would work and even with the compounded evidence, the girl knew she couldn't move mountains of change, but she better than anyone knew, all the small changes build-up. When Ruto gave his input, Kuni grew a faint smile.

"I am extremely happy to hear you seek compromise and display understanding. It is true, you may not get your former position, you may even be put in a foreign one. I do not recall where you used to rank, I don't even think I understood back then. But be that as it may, I will not lie. Takigakure has seen better days in its shinobi forces, even an asset as quote renegade as me is still of utmost value to the village. If they put up with me, I have high hopes they will put up with you." Kunikunosaku looked over her shoulders and around again before turning to the floor in front of her.

"You avoided the question though, this is a time to speak about what you want. Do you imply you are just going to deal with what is given? Do you have hopes of benefits, once again it is a topic of compromise but would you rather sealed room, or an open cell? If you don't at least try to push back, they will force you into the smallest corner they can till you can't push. Tell me, what do you want and I will try everything in my power to help you get there."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jan 8, 2022 12:26:27 GMT -5
War of ChangeJan 8, 2022 17:03:06 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
He avoided the question because what he wanted, quite honestly, was not to be here at all. Perhaps it was more complicated than that. Anyone would miss their old home. He had often thought of ways things could have gone differently and he could have remained here. How life would have been if he had been treated differently or treated others differently. Perhaps some part of him did want to be here, but that part was small and weak in contrast to the bitter man that he truly was. He could have contented himself for the rest of his days travelling from place to place living on meager portions and performing his research. He was here on threat. Surely on some level, Kunikunosaku could guess that? Could understand it, even? 

It was a dangerous thing to say aloud, though. It would make him out to be even more of a flight risk if he verbalized that idea. He was not stupid. He had no intention of running. But to say that meant he wanted to remain rooted here was the same as saying a deer wanted to remain frozen in place with fear as a predator approached. 

"All I've ever wanted is freedom of research," he admitted. "I've never been especially ambitious outside of science. I rose through the ranks as a natural result of my work, but I never pursued it for its own purposes. So long as I can continue my work on my bacterial projects, I'll be satisfied." He even had new samples from across many countries to work with. "Of course I'd like to eventually be allowed to move freely, but that's a less realistic prospect."
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 9, 2022 0:33:49 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Once the words left her lips, Kunikunosaku's eyes left the floor at stared at Ruto. She was worried he was hiding something, she was worried he was lying about wanting to come back. The Kunoichi felt an empty feeling where her stomach used to be. There were suddenly a vast array of things going wrong through her head and the girl let out a sigh. Blinking a few times to recenter herself as the man before he finally spoke. She listened to each of his words and the mention of bacterial research created a flashback. She remembered her face barely clearing the counter to look at the experiment he was doing. A dissection of a dying plant.

"You... You're referencing that blight, right? Jungle rot, was it? I don't remember the specifics... I know our clan's methods. I know what could come of this, but no one else needs to. I'll sum it as a personal lab and expedition privileges. I'll set up some possible requests and accommodation of resources. I'll also create a list of expedition systems with varying levels of possible restrictions you may be given. I have some ideas for that." Kunikunosaku closed her eyes as she thought, the threads poking out of her started to swing like she was in deep thought.

The tendrils stopped moving when she opened her eyes, "With those questions done, now we go to lodging. But first an intermission to breath. You may not need it but I'm curious, did you find a way to cure the blight that plant died to... or did you..." Kuni looked around making sure no one was around. "Find a way to weaponize it?"

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 9, 2022 20:15:43 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
She remembered. That experiment felt like such a long time ago now, but she had recalled the conversation and kept it in mind until now. That was endearing in a way. Maybe it even reached his cold heart a little. Kunikunosaku really did care about him. So few people had, it was hard not to genuinely appreciate it even with his not-so-personable nature. 

She took what he said of his desires and worded it in a better way, would be sure that she was going to help him get at least some accommodations if she was able at all. Her certainty at least made him feel better about his possible futures. It made him feel less likely that this was some trick and that he would be killed. Well, maybe that was never a risk... He hadn't even fled particularly violently and his only crime outside of leaving had been theft. Was he ever wanted dead? Maybe not. The secure information he had was probably the biggest threat to the village, though. Maybe that was enough to make them uncertain. 

"I found a way to cure it," Ruto answered honestly. "I was a pathology expert by the time I left. I can cure almost any infectious disease with relative ease. The blight was a major trouble at the time, but wound up being simple enough," he admitted. "I've been doing some more research into the weaponization aspect, however. That has been my recent focus. Cultivation."

has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 12, 2022 21:18:52 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

She grinned when he stated he found a way to cure it. A small part of her was happy no more plants had to die and it felt like a spine chill of nostalgia. She nodded once and focused back on him, Kunikunosaku was still a descendant of the scientific part of the clan. She was intrigued with his findings like they were her own, taking note that he was a pathology expert by the time he left. She couldn't quite remember when he did leave but most of her past memories were still hazy to this day. The traumatic shock definitely changed something in her memory, it made sense after all since her brain didn't survive the symbiosis, only the collection that made up her consciousness.

She was impressed with how the blight was hard at first but was, in the end, relatively easy to cure. She watched with the most intrigued expression she didn't even know she was making. "I'm definitely not as smart as you but I would love to assist you in cultivation and experiments!" It was like a switch went off in her head. It was a drop of her serious demeanor as she went over all the possibilities in her head. "What if... what if that's actually the key? It's crazy how others want to be like me, but it's also where they aren't looking..." The Mikatakujira brought a hand to her chin and her eyes began darting back and forth in a fashion faster than what should be possible.

"I have to bring this up, not the last part, that is your secret. I mean like curing plants of floral diseases." The girl raised her hand before it split apart into a mass of black tendrils. "I mean the cells of plants are being affected at a cellular dimension. We have to create cures for diseases that attack the cell, so my wild theory, to avoid death via pathogens. We limit the cells in the human body, eliminating the multiple points of the disease." As she spoke, the multitude of tendrils bound together to form into a singular, large tendril. "Yes, by reducing cells in a multicellular organism, it's inherently more dangerous to exist. But if bacteria can exist as what, single-celled organisms, wouldn't it be possible to extend the lives of people? On a similar vein, they reproduce via cellular cloning and division if I recall... Wouldn't it be possible to achieve a similar thing of immortality by recreating that genetic clone via chakra and repeat? If certain plants and bacteria can, why can't you know, everyone who doesn't have to get torn apart like do that?"

It was a thought, a longshot, but even if by technicality, she is dead, it doesn't impede the Mikatakujira in her to at least try to be her namesake.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 14, 2022 23:21:25 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
The smuggest parts of him were pleased that she stated she wasn't as smart as him. The more rational parts of him understood that was not necessarily true, however. She had gone into a different area of expertise than him and it was as simple as that. With enough study, it was likely that she could gather enough information to at least rival his medical knowledge. Being a shinobi wasn't completely necessary to understand all the aspects of medicine. There were many civilian doctors. Maybe Ruto could have been one if he hadn't been raised the way he was. 

After that, she went on a ramble. It was clear she did have good medical knowledge, had done her research as a Mikatakujira should. He remembered that same fervor in himself when he was younger, how his adopted parents would said it proved he was a true member of the clan while also holding him at a distance. Wasn't that always the way of it? Oh well. At least Kunikunosaku was also a good Mikatakujira. She cared about the right things, the medical things, the scientific things. 

"Some of my work has been focused on that subject. Bacteria are interesting. They replicate in a different manner from humans and experience less loss of information in their base components when they replicate. The reason humans age and die is because over time, their cells slowly start to lose parts of themselves. If we can find a way to integrate bacterial components into the human body, we could surely slow aging. That's something I want to work on, to develop as part of my studies."  

Aging was the greatest disease and it would prove quite the cure. There were many clans that had slowed their aging, stopped it entirely. Ruto wanted to invent his own means of doing so. If he had remained on the road perhaps he would've bottled and sold the idea, but that wouldn't be possible here in the village.
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 15, 2022 18:33:55 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

TAG HERE

Read notes

The girl's mind went into overdrive trying to correlate the hows, the risks, and benefits, albeit, it was a bit harder for her due to, well, the state of existence she's in. She wasn't really bound to the laws of nature which makes the apparent natural discovery of Jiongu even more curiouser. Trying her best to go up with a solution proved futile though, she was led down a path of geneology and while she did spend a great deal of time learning as much as an apprentice should, it was all too much for the ninjutsu-focused girl. Kunikunosaku sighed, signifying she came to a mental block.

"I will add the clause of pursuing bacterial genealogy to improve the extension of life, you'll probably be teamed up with the medical division mostly for research and implementation. This could be a good work-around to explore and gather 'specimen', you know, both for the extension and your own personal usage. Anyways, you'll have access to a lab but I can easily negotiate with members of the clan and the Yamakira to build an underground facility for you. 2 for the price of one!" Kunikunosaku's loyalty was to the village and the Lord, but her morality was much more tied to the clan, after all, she's risking her life for Ruto.

"Back to the case, well cases, what do you prefer for lodging, we can try to get you a regular home, you might get a townhome, might be assigned a literal temple, might get an apartment, a hut, or a cell - Which would make the bonus lab harder. It all depends how hard we push, what do you want, Ruto?"

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 15, 2022 19:47:01 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Kunikunosaku was willing to push for his chance to study this subject. She was at least compelled enough by the idea to think it held some water, that he might be able to make it happen. That was encouraging. His fixation on the subject of immortality had made him be treated as something of a quack back in the day. It was only something that was seen as achievable through use of their clan's deepest secrets. That was why he had wanted it so badly and why he had had to try so hard to convince himself to give it up. Why he had gone to efforts to start this new study again. Would he be taken seriously in this or called mad or the like?

Hopefully the scientific community would at least appreciate the idea. He had been the foremost bacteria specialist in the nation at one point. He knew more than almost anyone else. 

The topic of place of living came up. Ruto was again less compelled by this conversation. He had lived in all manner of places. Horrible underground labs, typical homes, on the side of the road sleeping beneath trees. He could endure any accommodation. 

"I would prefer my own home, but we should play by ear on how forgiving our Lord is willing to be," Ruto said. "If we move in with too many demands we could wear his temper. Living quarters could be something we address last to see how his attitude has developed through the conversation. Placing me in something like a townhome or apartment would make me more easily watched by an adjacent neighbor, which may be preferable to him."
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 15, 2022 22:16:53 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

TAG HERE

Read notes

"Agreed." Kunikunosaku heard her Nii-Nii out and took a mental note to add lodgings at the end. With the main point sufficiently addressed in her mind, as she agreed as well to how Ryū might react to the objects they push for. It was a long reach and could go against their favor, the Mikatakujira Apprentice however, believes a good portion she can have a convincing voice, a firm foot on the matter. After all, this is as much Kuni's fight as Ruto's. "I strongly believe we have covered a good amount of ground, I know your pessimistic, however, Ruto, do you have anything to else you wish to talk about."

"You can choose anything, really, except given your status, I can't reveal any inner village workings, I hope you understand that." The Mikatakujira stated with a softer expression, personally, she was completely ready to just ramble on and on with him. But the girl was held to loyalty which she does not wish to cross. Despite how much Ryū is making it harder to stay loyal. The girl really wanted to continue on more medical topics or clan matters, she has a lot to unload and she wishes she had someone to talk to.

With Wasurete out of the picture, she can put more focus on her clan duties and obligations, but since he left, she feels a part of her is missing, and sometimes, even 'monsters' needed to cry.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:

quick reply

compose a reply